Speaker 1: Hi, Billy, what are you up to? Wow, that sounds great. Billy says he's charging up a new model airplane he's just built. Then he's going to test it out. Oh, looks like the power just went out, Billy. Yep, it seems like we're going to be in the dark. I don't think your model airplane is going to charge now. Billy says he's got an idea. Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Today, we're examining technology and the things it lets us do, but also the things we can do without it, and how those can be just as imp Let's check back with Billy and hear his idea. Billy says he's going to see what Elliott.
Speaker 2: Is up to.
Speaker 1: At the same time, in a study.
Speaker 3: Room, These typing lessons are pretty tough, but I think I'm getting to hang out.
Speaker 2: WHOA, what was that My computer just shut off? Oh?
Speaker 1: Hi, Billy, Billy asks if he can charge his model airplane here.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Billy, my power went out too, And just as I was learning to type.
Speaker 2: Maybe let's go check on Cowie.
Speaker 1: At the same time, in a lounge.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, and god past that blue car. Yes, I'm gonna win. I'm going to one one. No, what happened? Hi?
Speaker 4: Cawye oh, Hi Billy, Hi, Elliott?
Speaker 2: What's all this?
Speaker 3: Billy brought his model airplane to charge, and I brought my computer.
Speaker 4: We were going to see if we could. Oh, I don't have power either. Sorry, guys. I was right in the middle of my race race in my video game.
Speaker 1: So what should we do?
Speaker 2: Let's check on Lisa. Where is she?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen her for a while, Lisa, all around back the backyard.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Elliott, callie, Billy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why are you kiddying all of that stuff?
Speaker 3: Well, Billy was trying to charge a smaller airplane, and I was learning how to.
Speaker 2: Type, and Carrie was playing a wickie game. But the power went out. So, oh, the power's out.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Wait what have you been doing?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'd been outside all day.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful out and I was looking through some of the old things that adults used to play with when they were kids.
Speaker 2: They're pretty fun.
Speaker 1: Lisa's right. There were no cell phones. You had to just find friends at their houses or out and about and when you got lost you only had paper maps.
Speaker 5: Oh, that gives me an idea for your airplane problem. Billy here, stay right here, I'll be right now.
Speaker 2: Back here. Look at this.
Speaker 3: But Lisa, it's just a piece of paper.
Speaker 5: Right, But we can all make our own airplanes with Billy here, I'll show you had to make a really fast one.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Now here is how to make one that does loofty loops.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Can I try? Of course everyone can join in.
Speaker 1: Great job, Lisa, Billy says, this is even more fun. He's making all sorts of new designs with these paper airplanes. And you know that this is how we send messages to each other. Before texting or email, we'd write letters on paper and put them in the mail.
Speaker 4: Wow, Elliott, that solves your typing problem.
Speaker 2: Huh, it does, sure.
Speaker 1: Because look what I've got.
Speaker 3: A pencil.
Speaker 5: Yes, you don't need to lug that computer around. Learning how to type is important, but soone is learning to write by hand.
Speaker 1: That's right, Lisa. What do you think podcast listeners? What are some things that you like to do that don't require power?
Speaker 2: That's it, Elliot. I'm getting the hang of it, and it never needs to be plugged in.
Speaker 1: Look, we can't even write funny things to each other.
Speaker 5: Look, elliot, hey, how do we put these two things together?
Speaker 3: We can write letters, then full them into airplanes and.
Speaker 2: Send them to each other. Yeah, here comes my mine too? Was this notement for me? Calie? Nope? Who this one?
Speaker 1: Sometimes that's part of the fun. I bet you'll even learn to recognize each other's handwriting. It's like your fingerprints. Everyone's are different, and that's what makes it special.
Speaker 2: Lisa, this is really fun.
Speaker 4: I was right in the middle of my racing game when the power went Now I had an idea for that.
Speaker 2: Kwi.
Speaker 5: All right, everyone ready ready, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cawie, the power's back on.
Speaker 2: Do you want to come back inside? Yeah? Thanks, I've got a race to wed alright.
Speaker 5: First one to bite to that tree wins.
Speaker 2: Ready set down?
Speaker 1: Well, lingo kids, listeners, thanks for joining us for this story. We learned that technology is helpful for many things, but sometimes the simplest things can spark the most creative ideas. We'll see you next time.