Speaker 1: The second date up date Brook. Imagine if you had to jump back into the dating pool, like for example, all right, let's say you were caught being unfaithful to your husband with your garbage guy Boon, that.
Speaker 2: Would go down.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to be realistic here. You saw him out in front of your house heaving large bags of waste into that truck, and you just thought, God, I wish I was that trash?
Speaker 2: Can I do like a dirty man? Say that?
Speaker 1: And the fact that she knows his name, so that all leads to things happening and suddenly you have to re enter the dating scene. How do you think you would do?
Speaker 2: I think I would be really disappointed.
Speaker 1: You think you would be the disappointed? That's interesting?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I'm a catch?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. The text words always flubbing with guys saying how Hotbrook is?
Speaker 2: So that's Boone's friend.
Speaker 1: But the only reason I ask is because one of our listeners, Mike, just had to re enter the dating pool after going through a separation and it led him to us today. So Mike, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 1: You don't happen to work in the waste management industry?
Speaker 3: Do you no, but I'm a I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 1: Something in common. This is lunched.
Speaker 2: It of the show, not of waste management. You know that waste. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's talk about the date that you went on the other night. Who is it with?
Speaker 3: So? I guess I should start by saying that, you know, recently divorced a little over a year ago. I'm a little out of practice, right, and I don't know with all the apps and everything, it's it's sort of different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's changed, sure nowadays everything is this? Is this your first actual date since your divorce or have you gone on others?
Speaker 3: The first one and you know it was online?
Speaker 2: Oh, this is the very first one.
Speaker 1: Whoa lot of pressure, old man? Who's the person that you met online?
Speaker 3: Her name is Tanya and uh, I don't want to get two into specifics, but she is a little younger than I am.
Speaker 2: Let's say, Okay, that always sounds like it's a lot younger. Yeah, the way you said that, we're.
Speaker 3: Talking legal here, right, she's legal. But let's just say she's definitely younger than I out.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's in her twenties.
Speaker 1: You're making assumption here, though. You sound like you're in your mid thirties. And that's a weird age because you can date girls that are like twenty three or you can date girls that are like forty three. You're kind of in the middle at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm put I'm pushing forty. But I was excited. And here's why. Because of her profile. It showed her as a devoted dog mom. So she sounds like caring, per saying, and you know, having kids myself, if I'm going to try to hopefully end up with someone that's a caring person, right.
Speaker 2: It's cute. So you were just going for it because she was like young and tight.
Speaker 4: Still nice abs.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Tanya is young, beautiful, and loves dogs. These are all good things.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I'm not going to deny that she was easy on the eyes.
Speaker 5: You know, I want to.
Speaker 1: Get into the actual date with Tanya. Tell us where you went? How did it go?
Speaker 3: So we met up for dreams, just to get to know each other, and it sort of naturally came up that I've been married before, right, But you know, honestly, she didn't seem bothered by that's really good. But but but we were interrupted and.
Speaker 1: Uh, someone you know, not your.
Speaker 3: No no, it wasn't. Okay, but the guy that comes up is my life insurance guy.
Speaker 4: Oh do you feel really old life insurance guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it just bumped you from like late thirties. I didn't know you had a guy for that late fifties.
Speaker 3: And so he I guess you had a few dreams because he was like to sell me right then, and they're like, oh, you know, for ten dollars more a month, you can have term life insurance and blah.
Speaker 1: Blah blah, oh god, oh man in front of Tanya.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she was cool. She was laughing about it. And then you know, I said, let's get out of here, and I asked her if she wanted to come to my place and you know, watch a movie or something, and she was into it. She said, yeah, okay, Oh, this first date is going quite.
Speaker 1: Well for you.
Speaker 4: It's like his first date back on the scene and he's just making it happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I know, I'm thinking, oh wow, man, this is this is awesome. And then we get home to my place. Had asked her if she wanted some wine or something, but then she's like, it's like, really, it's a lot later than I thought. So I should probably go who's the old person?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: That's really weird. Why would she do that?
Speaker 3: That's what I was wondering, you know, because it's like your face just it totally changed when we walked in. And then I looked around the living room and thinking was it something embarrassing or something I left out? But everything seemed okay, so.
Speaker 4: Hardy wait, like I'm thinking you're a recently divorced guy, Like does the apartment look like you're a squatter or something, you know, like a bed on.
Speaker 2: The I don't think that would scare young girl off, though, No, I was.
Speaker 3: Worried about exactly that pictures or you know, no, it's clean, you know, I have a cleaning person, and so I'm racking my brain like what was it?
Speaker 2: You know, I want to know too.
Speaker 1: So she just left after that, and you have you talked to her since?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: And I tried texting, calling, whatever.
Speaker 4: And the thing is on this one, you need to know if there's something weird in this place, like you're just beginning dating, if you're going to bring other women back to your pound, maybe need to change whatever she saw.
Speaker 3: And that's a good point. I want the feedback.
Speaker 1: To maybe Tanya took out her phone and googled what term life insurance was and realized how old you truly are, and it scared her off. But we're gonna find out for sure when we call her and get your second date update right after this.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, thank you, I'm a little nervous. Thank you though, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, man, second date update. You know, during the break, Brooke pulled me aside and said she has a problem with older men dating much younger girls.
Speaker 3: With it.
Speaker 1: But while she was talking to me, one of the young fit promo boys and she looked at him like he was a giant Reese's peanut buttercup. Oh no, she was licking her lips. Her giant glasses fogged right up. Oh man, So to all the ladies on the textboard right now at seven eighty five, nine to two, saying he shouldn't be dating someone ten years younger, maybe direct your advice to Brook, say with.
Speaker 2: That peanut butter because even.
Speaker 1: Though she's married, doesn't mean Brook can't peruse the menu. Mama wants to see the special of the day.
Speaker 4: I'm just not going to order it.
Speaker 1: The reason why I would bring that up is because one of our listeners. Mike went out with a woman who's a few years younger than him and ended up having a great time until they got back to his house, where she started acting a little bit weird. We're gonna try and help figure out the reason why, Mike.
Speaker 4: You ready, yes, Oh my god, I've been thinking about it. Maybe it's because you offered her wine instead of Alexis's favorite white cloth exactly. Maybe she was like, this guy doesn't get me.
Speaker 2: I'm out.
Speaker 3: I wish I knew what it is.
Speaker 1: Maybe she was worried that you were going to card her.
Speaker 2: No, she's going to get kicked down.
Speaker 1: But only one way to find out is by just asking her directly. So I'm going to dial her number right now.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, and.
Speaker 1: Remember this is Mike's first online date that he's ever had since his divorce happened a few years back.
Speaker 2: So a year back.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I'm just saying thank you for the fact check.
Speaker 1: Here we go. It's called Tanya.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, is this Tanya?
Speaker 5: Yes, mister she.
Speaker 1: Hey Tanya, how's it going on? My name is Jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Oh, I've never been called by a radio, so you might be familiar with us.
Speaker 1: I do these awesome parody songs every week. Have you heard about them? Young Jeffrey song of the Week.
Speaker 5: I may have heard it, but I wouldn't be able to be like, yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: A huge fan, huge fan. I can tell she's she's intimidated. Don't be intimidated.
Speaker 2: He's not going to sing to you if it makes you feel better, Tanya.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: The real reason that we're calling is because we're doing a segment called a second Date update. Have you ever heard of that before?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, now we're getting the honesty. I like that, Tanya. That's what we need.
Speaker 1: It's where we help our listeners who've gone out on a date recently figure out the reason why they're getting ghosted.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: And so the other day you went out with a guy named Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, you remember Mike?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I remember Mike.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So we've spoke to Mike about the hangout that you guys had going to the bar, and we want to get your perspective on it. How was it for you?
Speaker 5: You just want me to tell you about the date.
Speaker 4: Or just like about your feelings about him too, you know, like, did you have fun?
Speaker 2: We could start there.
Speaker 5: Like, okay, uh, yeah I had fun. I mean he's very nice, very personable.
Speaker 1: So why aren't you dating him anymore?
Speaker 2: Stop? Jeffrey, sorry getting there. I know these are all good things.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, there was nothing wrong with him, Like he was fine. He really was. I would definitely have gone out with him.
Speaker 1: He thought you were very fine too, if you just want okay, that's yeah, it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: So what changed? I mean, you're not calling him back? Why why did that change?
Speaker 5: Well, like I said, it went well, and I actually went back to his place with him. We were going to watch a movie and then everything kind of just fell apart and I had to leave right then and there I was like I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Yeah we heard that happen, but I don't think Mike knows the reason why him.
Speaker 5: Okay, So when we pulled up, I really didn't recognize anything. I didn't think of having been there before. But we get into the house and I immediately know I've been here before.
Speaker 2: You've been in his house before.
Speaker 5: I have been in his house before.
Speaker 1: WHOA, No, She's like I have amnesia?
Speaker 5: Was definitely not his ex wife, but I have met his ex wife. Okay, about five years ago. I actually used to babysit kids in that house.
Speaker 2: You were a baby.
Speaker 5: They must have been separated because Mike didn't live there. Like, I never saw a guy. It was just the mom, just the kids, and I used to babysit them for like almost a year. Whoa, I never met him. But as soon as I got to that house, I saw the living room, I saw the paintings on the wall, and they're like pictures, and I was like, oh my god, I know these kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was just so awkward because like, how am I going to ever meet these kids then be like and now I'm dating your dad.
Speaker 2: You know, at least you know the kids like you.
Speaker 5: They did like me, but it's been five years. They're all grown up. They're gonna hate me. They're gonna be like, what a homewrecker, And I'm going to be like, you did this. It was like the long time, but like, I can't.
Speaker 4: You're saying that they're going to assume that you, like, were having an affair or something.
Speaker 5: Yes, that was the first thing that came into my head. I was like, oh my god, these kids are going to hate me. I have to get out of here.
Speaker 1: But once you had that realization, why didn't you tell Mike that? Why did you just leave? Because it like it left him not knowing what happened.
Speaker 5: I felt really, really awkward, and I felt embarrassed, and I honestly didn't really know how to handle the situation. So I just felt like gott to get out of here.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I know how to handle the situation, and that's by putting you in direct contact with Mike right now, because he's on the other line listening.
Speaker 5: Are you serious.
Speaker 1: I'm serious. He wants to talk to you. Mike.
Speaker 3: You there, Yeah, Oh my goodness, Oh wow, wow, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: Weird. I really you're a great guy. It was nothing about about you. It's just the fact that i've like given your kids bad Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is this is the crazy, This is the weirdest thing that. Oh I can't believe it.
Speaker 5: You weren't living there, right, Like, I didn't just not see you, because that would be probably even worse.
Speaker 3: Right, No, No, I you know. Basically the arrangement was that I was out of the house after we separated, and in the final divorce, I ended up getting the house. That's why I have it.
Speaker 4: Now you move back in, Okay, I mean, but Mike, do you see this as a deal breaker because I know you're making a bunch of assumptions Tanya about like what his family will think about you. But you don't even know why they got divorced. Maybe it's his ex wife that asked for the divorce.
Speaker 5: I don't know. It was just the first thing that I thought, Mike.
Speaker 1: Now that you know all this, like, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I think this is actually positive. I think it's great news. I mean, she already knows my kids, and you know, you already know how to get to the house.
Speaker 2: You know where the silver drawer is, how to do that.
Speaker 3: You're really familiar with the kitchen, you know, and in a.
Speaker 1: Few years, Mike's gonna need help bathing. You can help him out with that.
Speaker 4: Maybe it sounds tiny like he's not concerned about, you know, his kids hating you.
Speaker 2: It sounds the opposite.
Speaker 5: I mean, this that's cool. But I was just kind of thinking this was a date or two or maybe leading to something. And now I'm like a second mom because I know where the kitchen is like, I don't know where to go from here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, you got to take these things a little, you know, a day at a time. I'm not saying, well, move in now. I'm just saying that if it ultimately gets to that point, don't talk about don't.
Speaker 1: I would just focus on getting that second date, because I know for Mike, I bet nothing would feel better then showing up to his ex's house with their babysitter girlfriend.
Speaker 5: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy sexy.
Speaker 2: I think that's health, Jeff.
Speaker 1: I mean, at this point, I just need to ask you, Tanya, would you like to go out on another date with Mike because we'll pay for it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's definitely weird, but it's kind of cool weird and no, maybe this is kind of like the movie moment. Let's let's try it.
Speaker 1: What kind of movie?
Speaker 5: Not that kind of movie?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, congratulations you too. It sounds like you guys are going to go out again.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: I was going to say the movie it would be fatal attraction, but Tanya probably doesn't even know.
Speaker 5: What that is. I know what that is, family movie night.
Speaker 2: Take that that ends well.
Speaker 5: Something, I think it ends ination like try and get.
Speaker 3: Let's not have a long ago. It's a long time of old alright.
Speaker 1: I didn't think we could get any sexier, but we did it. Jeffrey in the morning,