Speaker 1: How you doing, guys? It is to get loud podcast presented Boy's seat geek not smooth. I'm jenks. I just realized you look spell. You look good in the black I looked like the bony paper towel.
Speaker 2: Guys. It slimmed you up. Yeah, I do. I've seen you in my dream last night. Is Freddi Kruege. It works, though it works well.
Speaker 1: It has not been the best end of the season of the Commanders. It is over ro Rivera is gone as head coach. We knew that was going to happen before we get into what is ahead. And it's an exciting time because we know there's a lot of things to look forward to. What will you take away from Ron Rivera's tenure?
Speaker 2: This is what I say, great, great man endured a lot. I think people forget about the fight with cancer. Won it all right. And the thing about it is, I think what really happened to coach, especially at the end, like he said, I had been like managing for four years and then for the last five games I got the coach again. I can see he I can see the energy in him. And if he had one regret right now, is that why didn't I just take the rings two years ago, like why didn't I do my trait.
Speaker 1: By art what I love?
Speaker 2: Because I think he was too busy trying to clean up messes and he never got a chance to do what he really loves to do in this coach And I also say this too, he was broad in a situation where he had to take on a lot, and I think now if he had to go back and redo it. As much as coaches like control of personnel, I think he would have took that off his plate and just went coached. And so I think that's where I think everything really got off the rails. Too much responsibility, not enough hours in the day, not enough, not enough people in me.
Speaker 3: To get enough.
Speaker 2: So I think he would have really just, I think, broke things up if he could do it again.
Speaker 1: You see that with coaches a lot. We might be seeing that in New England where you have a coach in Bo Belichick and has controlled everything forever, and after a bad season it said, okay, I'm willing to let go with some responsibilities so I can just coach. And sometimes you see that with that coaches where they take on too much and sometimes they have to get back to base you got to.
Speaker 3: Get back to what got you here?
Speaker 2: Like this is the thing I always say about quarterbacks like Dak, Like Dak stopped.
Speaker 3: Running for a while, and they had a lot to do with the injury.
Speaker 2: Also, it's like quarterbacks get paid and now they want to be pocket pass as well. You know, a dual threat was got you here, they got you paid. Now you fast forward eight weeks and that's been running and that's been balling. So it's like, how much do you take on your plate? How much responsibility can you handle? And what is too much? And what do you do when you get to the point, Jinx where you're like, this might be too much?
Speaker 3: Like I think he.
Speaker 2: To the point was forced to coach, but it also forced him back into what he does, and I think that's what he probably took from this situation.
Speaker 1: Well, now we're seeing that Josh Harris has come out immediately, and one thing I liked about this and now imediately, as soon as he came out, he hit a planning place. I'm gonna bring in myers from the lawyers. I'm gonna bring in Rick Spilman, formerly of the Vikings, and I'm going to firm or form a committee to make sure that from the top down we get this right. And so to me, I was happy to see that where it wasn't let's let go of a head coach and then figure it out. The plan is already in place.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, it's in place, and the people are in place. He understands this is what I do.
Speaker 3: Love.
Speaker 2: I love people that's great at what they do, but also people that say I don't know, like he's saying, I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go get people that do. I'm gonna go get winners.
Speaker 2: Like at the end of the day, if I'm trying to build a winner, I'm not going to the Carolina Panthers trying to steal people out of their front office. I steal people out there coaching that have no I'm going to winners and people say why basketball is sports? He's not in here for the colle plays. Management is what he's gonna help you with, finding the right person, identifying it, help you create a coature, understand what it is, understand what it takes.
Speaker 3: I think it's very smart the way they approached it.
Speaker 1: And regardless of sport, how huge is it to bring people in, particularly talking about Bob Myers from the Championship.
Speaker 2: Championship because winning is all they know how to do.
Speaker 3: They know how to get people in place.
Speaker 2: I think this is what a winning coach is, getting people in place, paying them, letting them do their job, stepping.
Speaker 3: Out the way.
Speaker 2: If you don't trust a person to do what you hide them for, you probably shouldn't hire them.
Speaker 3: That's the thing about it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Sometimes when you got other.
Speaker 2: People that want to put their two cents here, that means you don't trust the person, Like what, don't hire that person. I think what they're doing right now, they bought in a group just to find to help them hire somebody.
Speaker 3: This ain't we ain't hire them right.
Speaker 2: They brought them in say you know what, help us find the right people to get us to where we want to be. I thought that was intelligent. I thought that was smart, and I think we hit it on the right track.
Speaker 1: One thing that I love I think I made this up myself.
Speaker 3: I make up a lot of stuff all the time, but.
Speaker 1: It is it is sometimes being the smartest person in the room means knowing you're not the smartest person in the room. And what I mean by that is you can be very accomplished. Josh Harris has been incredibly successful.
Speaker 3: You don't get Bill, but he's.
Speaker 1: Smart enough to know when you're running an organization like this with so many loose ends, with so many things to take care of, let me bring in the best people. And that's what smart people do. They say, I don't have all the answer, but I'm smart enough to know I don't.
Speaker 2: That's just like athlete, you go get a trainer because you're like, I don't know where I need to be training.
Speaker 3: I know how to train, sure, but he gonna tell me how to do.
Speaker 2: Maybe I need to go get a nutritionness because I don't know what I need to be putting in my body, but he knows. So I think it's the thing of being humble enough. And that's what you don't see a lot of humble being inaires. That's right, Like I don't even think this is in the dictionary humble big in there. They don't come that way. I love this group and I love the fact that it is a group because inside of a group, come checks in ballancis. Inside of a group, come people with this is your responsibility, this is your this is your.
Speaker 3: This is mine.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed that and I and I know a lot of people like they doing with basketball. I like, first of all, I was like, no, that's what you do because last time I checked, for the last fifteen maybe thirteen years, the Warriors been on top yright. So I want winners. The only way I can get winners is go get knowledge from winners.
Speaker 1: You know, this reminds me of a little bit when you talk about the ego of how an owner can sort of interfere. Look at Jerry Jones from back in the day. Yeah, remember when he just discarded Jimmy Johnson and acted like it wasn't a big deal anybody could win and never won again, never one. In decades later he came back and said, I made a mistake, but it took him twenty years to figure out that mistake.
Speaker 2: The Jairo, the Jerro has never been a humble bee. Right listen, I was on the field reporting the other day. Me and Lennon had just feel me and the Cowboys ran out deck Prescott wrestling the gain. Then like three minutes later I heard a cry od row look to the left, geral.
Speaker 3: Like, no, what a owner in sports?
Speaker 2: No gets that he is by far the most popular owner in sports, but it's a catchet or a to him. Sure, it's some to him that that draws people to him, maybe because he owns the yeah, the most powerable sports crew.
Speaker 3: I mean a team in the league when it comes to image and all that. Sure, but humble never now from him.
Speaker 2: And I like the fact that he said I couldn't get out my own way, Like if I let Jimmy do his thing, how many championships do they win?
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: It's a hard lesson to learn it. I've met Jerry. He's very charming.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 1: But also name another owner in sports, in particular the NFL that every week makes himself available when Josh Harris speaks. Guess what we're all in. It's not available. Jerry Jones says it every week. So there's a difference in styles there. Josh Harris DIDs. So we got to hear from him, and one thing that I thought was very astue of him to point out is it is going to take some time. It doesn't mean that we want to take thirty years here. But if you're gonna build something the right way, yeah, you have to make sure you build it the right way and then let it slowly turn into something successful.
Speaker 2: HEO. You also got listen, the Texans is showing you if you make the white draft picks, get the right coach, get the white free agents.
Speaker 3: This ain't bone dry here.
Speaker 2: You got people here in place, You got ninety million dollars cap space, You got the second pick of the first round, plus multiple picks in the second round. You could turn this thing around. JINX, I don't I understand him preaching pace. Sure smart because you don't know if it's gonna happen. Right, but the right head coach, right players, you can go to the playoffs next year. All right, I'm sorry, it's I think it's set up for it for it to be special like that. I don't think anything holding us back.
Speaker 3: Like I see it.
Speaker 2: We like had the seventeenth pick, and we had like twenty million cap room.
Speaker 3: Like you change your roster.
Speaker 2: We can flip this whole roshton and look like a different team when we run out there.
Speaker 1: So how exciting is that that we're moving into a new era where you're gonna have a new structure in place, You're going to have a new head coach, You're going to have a ton of money to spend and you've got draft picks. If you're gonna rebuild, this is how you do This is how you do it.
Speaker 3: You fairly insight.
Speaker 2: Like if you're a Washington fan right now, if you're a Commanders fan, I know you like, oh, we just had a bad year. You have to burn the house down to build it up right sometime. Maybe the studs was bad in the old house. Maybe it just you know, the wood was riding. Burn it to the ground. We're at a rock meat bottom because that's what we get right now. We can go nowhere but up. But guess what it's on the one way to get up and this high draft picks, like the right pick, the right free agency. If I'm like ninety million dollars, I'm looking at all these playoff team this week.
Speaker 3: If I'm a GM.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm looking at who are free agent, Yeah, I'm stealing only the best players from the best team, like key places, offensive line, defensive line.
Speaker 3: Trench warfare. We watched that with Michigan night.
Speaker 2: Trench warfare wins you games. The last time we was great, I was we was never great here. Last time this team was great. They had the Hogs on offense, pushing defensive linemen out of the stadium. They had Chard's Man, Dexter manly done it one. They had guys on defense. The trench is where everything starts at fat boys, bacon boy, that's what I want at the end of the day. If you cannot control the line of scrimmage, you cannot dominate teams.
Speaker 1: And this isn't funny too, how That's the one thing in football that it has never changed, because remember it used to be a running league. Now it's a passing league. But the one thing that never changes that you have to be great in the trenches.
Speaker 2: If you cannot keep your quarterback clean and keep the other quarterback dirty, you don't have a chance to win games. That's what this league is about.
Speaker 1: Let's face some bills I want to talk about. Oh, let's pay them, and we're gonna start with Honda.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh you can get dirty with the Honda. I can. Oh, you can clean that Hondah looks so good. Build the power of the CIV Hybrid and a Cord Hybrid, Honda's most electrifying vehicles yet. Find Adventuran in one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail sport Honda's most rugged suv ever, or experience the thrilling performance of the fund to drive Honda Civic with unavailable turbo charged engine. Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today and Recycle Trick Systems up transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combine the power of AI with premium customer service to optimize waste pickup schedules, insure timely and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. There it is Visit RTS dot com to learn more about how they can help your business man. It's waste more responsive.
Speaker 3: Every time you say greener.
Speaker 2: Why do I think of an incredible holk Am I just stuck stuck in the marble universe right now.
Speaker 1: I'm the old Incredible Hulk show loop for Rick. Oh yeah, from Bill Bixy to.
Speaker 2: You're talking about we're showing our age right now.
Speaker 3: I know this.
Speaker 1: When CG I was it is poorous, all right, You couldn't get it was just like, no, we gotta find an.
Speaker 2: Actual body though, you gotta find a dude, that's extraly me and ain't him green? That's TV was so But the CG I was terrible when we was young, but I think the storylines were stronger.
Speaker 1: That's true. It had to be.
Speaker 2: They had to because they got to sell us on a narrative. If they don't, we're not gonna catch to it because we don't believe this. I was, I was flipping through some stuff and I had forgot that they used to have a see a Captain America seacum.
Speaker 3: They did that.
Speaker 2: They had a Captain American show.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: But it was it was like and now I understand why they couldn't really while the only one that we worked back then was Batman because Batman has no powers, right, just a billionaire like and Batman was goofy at the time. We needed to do it, but because it was more of a comedy than it was a straight you know, uh comic book movie.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So I see now, sometimes you gotta wait on technology to bring things to the forefront.
Speaker 1: Oh, I remember that back in the day. Luke Rigno was no joke though, Hey loop for ricknow, so we need a new head coach. It's gonna come in time, and one thing that Josh Harris said during his press conference was, Okay, we're gonna be patient here, but also time is of the essence because we've got to get a structuring place, got to get a head coach, because we have a draft get ready for Yeah, we got everything to get rid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what do you want to see in a new head coach? We've heard everything from Adam Schefter says that the team has requested an interview Rams defensive coordinator Rahie Morris. Jim Harby has been floated out there a million times by everyone everywhere, so this could go anywhere. What do you want to see in a new head coach? Ah?
Speaker 2: I want somebody I know everybody liked the new popular person that just made it to school and Chicken in November. Yep, tall, beautiful. I want somebody been there, done that. But I don't want old, if you know what I mean. Yes, I want somebody this battle tested. So when you said habbah, the hairs on my arm start to stand up because you're excited. Could you imagine a better of the bet way that a god of the better of the siblings. If you know one thing about John, he wanted one up gym. If you know one thing about him, John, they gonna have physical team. We watch Michigan. You said it.
Speaker 3: They lined up you and me gonna kick your butt. Right, We're not doing all this trickery.
Speaker 1: Which I love that kind of football. It's like, you know what you're gonna do.
Speaker 3: You know we're gonna run this top suite.
Speaker 1: See if you can start the offer, Yeah, see if you can start.
Speaker 2: I think what I want from a new coach. I want him to bring not just an aura. I want him to bring an identity. And all of these guys don't. I think when people talk about being Judson, he's that hot new candidate.
Speaker 3: Can't miss, Yes, he can miss.
Speaker 2: Because guys like Dan Quinn had a head coaching job, he made it to the Super Bowl, still end up being back a defensive coordinator. So all I'm saying is, I know some of these guys are great with x's and o's, but we need our new guy to be good with Jimmy and Joes like we need them to be a leader of men. We need him to understand what you're getting yourself into, getting yourself into the NFC East. You're talking to Dallas, New York Philly, biggest, biggest Marcus on the East Coast. You're talking about a fan base that starving for a winner, Tired of the talk. I only want to see the walk. You gotta feel big shoes because when you talk about coach around here, the greatest coach all time in my books, Joe Jackson Gibbs, Damn all the shoes you feel.
Speaker 3: You have to feel right. So at the end of the day, you have to be on it.
Speaker 2: You have to understand what we loan, what we want because they go where it's that they go to bar the bars, Joe Gibbs, That's where it's at.
Speaker 3: I think some of these candidates, baby can get there.
Speaker 2: But the one I feel good about the one I want.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you want?
Speaker 2: I want Jim?
Speaker 3: Do you I want Jim?
Speaker 1: You want to see those khakis?
Speaker 2: I want cakies up and down the field practice. You know what, I go, buy me some khakis and a pair of duck heads or something whatever I need.
Speaker 3: You remember that.
Speaker 1: I used to have a pair of jock can What about Eastlands Eastlans?
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, I had a crease in my my cack is so thick I could have cut but listen, you remember how we used to do it, like we used to start our pants back in the day. Oh yeah, so much that my pants could stand up by themselfs ain't not a damn shame now that just when keeping it reel goes wrong like that, that's what happened.
Speaker 3: When keeping the reel going wrong.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't mind the Kaki man himself because I just don't feel like he can keep taking his college like the n C Double A has made it clear, we hate you, like the Big Ten has made it clear we hate you. Come on, man, come on to the league.
Speaker 3: Come on with grown people that don't forget time. He was the league. He took a team to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Now that's true. The resume is there. And I think you hit a very salient point, which is when you talk about hiring your head coach. Sure x's and those matter, but being a leader matters just as much. We saw that out with the Raiders and Josh McDaniels fired. And of course he certainly knows offense. But when Anton, when Neil Pears took over leader of men, Yes, and you heard that to a man after the Raiders finish their season, this man is a leader. This man is a leader. This man is a leader.
Speaker 3: I'll follow him through a fox.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you can't just have the playbook act exit up like.
Speaker 2: Cause everybody want this offensive genius, this defensive genius. How does he do with people?
Speaker 3: Is what I want to know.
Speaker 2: Then what other lyrigies do he give me? Well, if I look at Harbaugh, first of all, drafting, I got a leg up. He's been in college for the next four years. He'll know each player, everything about this player, and he will have a draft upside on everybody for the next four years because he knows the me.
Speaker 3: And he recruited him.
Speaker 2: So therefore you talking about an edge that some pro coaches can't give you.
Speaker 3: All right, So I want more than an exit and O I want.
Speaker 2: I want. I want a man's man.
Speaker 3: I want somebody that represents what Washington, DC is about.
Speaker 1: So when you look at a new head coach, does it matter to you if it's a defensive mind or offensive minded head coach.
Speaker 2: I'm not like everybody else. Everybody offense is the hot topic. Sure, I said, I want a leader of men. I don't care what his expertise is. I want a leader of men. I want somebody that can come here understand the situation. And this is how I judge coaches. From my first day with you to my last day with you, did I get better? Because if I didn't get better, it's probably your fault. I have been around coaches that teachers, They create, they understand, they lead, and you get better day by day. I've been around coaches that just talk, just peeing the win, just talk and expect you to go out there and be great. Well, you're not setting me up to be great. You're not setting me up at practice to make this play on this play.
Speaker 1: That's why you in the position to succeed.
Speaker 3: That's why I love Greg Williams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Gred Williams. We would literally say this is the play. They gonna run it on the down in between third and five and third and ten. We're gonna pick off this comeback. We knowing what route, what time, what a game, We're gonna pick these balls off. The game starts thirty five. We picked the ball off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we practiced it all week. You set me up for success. We understand everything.
Speaker 2: Like I love a coach. When we go into the game with no doubts. That's Greg Williams mad scientists were going into here.
Speaker 3: No doubts. What did I switch ball at what we're gonna do when they do this?
Speaker 2: We already got it. We had already been practicing it this week. I love that, and I would love for these players to have a chance at that. So at the end of the day, if you want your players to play at a high level, we need to be coached at a high level.
Speaker 1: Let me flip this on you just a little bit. And I don't know. I'm not asking you to name names, but you so will. You certainly played for coaches that were not good, that did not benefit you. So what are some of the hallmarks and characteristics for coaches that were not beneficial?
Speaker 2: First of all, I think they better than they are. I think they are to the reason for the season. Understanding that the players are the reason we win. The coach is like a teacher, and if you can't teach, you're not giving me anything.
Speaker 3: Like some coaches think that their scheme is the reason we're doing it. Well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: If I plug in different players in your scheme, we could go sixty on you if you ain't got the right players.
Speaker 3: So I think nunchalant coaches.
Speaker 2: I think coaches that's bad communicators. Like, if you ever meet the coach that the players are scared to go talk to, there's probably not no good coaching because now we can't we can't clear anything up. And coaches that is stubborn to the point that they don't adjust. Yeah, that's the thing. You got to adjust to the situation. In order to adjust to the situation, you need to listen to the players that's out there playing. Like, if I'm out there playing, I'm saying, coach, they ain't doing what we thought they were gonna do.
Speaker 1: Like, we need to.
Speaker 3: Communicate that, and if we don't, it don't work. It's like war, right, Oh.
Speaker 2: Men start wars, but the youth have to fight them.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 2: And this as deep as it goes, like the youth don't start it, but the youth has.
Speaker 3: To finish it. And that's the thing that's a coach.
Speaker 2: So imagine coach being the old person in the room. Yeah, your blood, sweating tears ain't out here.
Speaker 3: It's not. It's just your words.
Speaker 2: Is that a respecting Yes, most definitition of respecting, because a coach has to respect this players just like us players have to respect this coach.
Speaker 3: But if we're not one unit, we ain't got a chance.
Speaker 1: Nowhere perfectly set space and bells. You talking about the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I got deeper on you.
Speaker 1: There you did.
Speaker 2: I turned in the friend the philosophy right, I'm gonna have to pay you after I was like ah.
Speaker 3: To get loud.
Speaker 2: Podcast is brought to you by BET three sixty five, the official sports being partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with Bet three six five f craft your own personalized bet slip and parlays, access thousands of game with live screaming. Place your bets before the match during the game.
Speaker 3: It's up to you.
Speaker 2: Download Bet three to six apps today. Join eighty million members worldwide. H twenty one plus only must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem Call of texts one eight hundred gamblo, MWAA. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so.
Speaker 3: Life don't escape us.
Speaker 2: We dream of any place in the world, and in the blink of our we're there. That's the wonder flight. All you have to do is decide where to dullis in a national airport. Let you imagination sore book Your adventure today at fly dullis dot com slash NonStop Professional. My god, You'm about to cry. I'm about to cry.
Speaker 1: Amazing we have to talk about not just Wildcard weekend, super wild Card weekend. Yes, what the NFL calls.
Speaker 3: I love the playoffs, man.
Speaker 2: The intensity ratches it up so much like regular season is fast and physical to playoffs. Another thing like the game I got to play in Seattle. Yeah, it was every play like you can count them in your head, like every play counts. I don't care if it's a three yard run.
Speaker 3: Every player every.
Speaker 2: Play counts to count down his own. And this is when you make yourself a household name. It's in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: We got some team that ain't been in the playoffs for a long time, like so Detroit Lions playoff team. Like how many times that we said that in a lifetime.
Speaker 1: I think they have one playoff win since nineteen fifty seven that came in ninety one.
Speaker 3: You gotta feel good for their fan base.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Cleveland Brown playoff. Joe Flack, Joe Flack the verdant off of his couch. Can you believe it? And guess what does he go back, does Joe?
Speaker 1: He don't.
Speaker 2: They don't play the Ravens, do they?
Speaker 1: They could they played the Texans this weekend. Yeah, but they could end up playing the Ravens.
Speaker 3: Oh, Matthew Stafford goes back to Detroit.
Speaker 1: All these story lanes and by the way, man, the NFL is funny. Guess what if Joe Flacca wasn't start for the Browns, who would beat Deshaun Watson playing against the Texans. Not gonna happen, But these storylines, Mike McCarthy going back up against Green Bay facing Green Bay, this.
Speaker 2: Would make the NFL the best reality show of all time, the longest running reality show of all time, because these battles of love and hate. See a fan base that love you for a second, I hate you. And this is what you gotta understand.
Speaker 3: And it's a business. This coach used to be on this sideline, now here on this sideline.
Speaker 2: So it's just these internal battles in this player hates this player, in this player hates this player.
Speaker 3: I love playoff football.
Speaker 1: I just want to ask you about some teams to get your thoughts here. Let's start with Joe Flaco flat, the Verdi Flack, the Verdi thirty eight years old, and I was reading a quote from Garrett Wilson from the Jets, because remember Joe fla a bad guy. Yeah, and Garrett Wilson was saying, Joe was always telling me he's gonna start again. He's gonna start again. No one deserves it more than Joe. And I thought that was a pretty ringing endorsement, because Garret Wilson could play, he's just stuck in a bad offense. But Joe Flacco always believed. And now the Browns are a pass first offense. They're trusting.
Speaker 2: Great offensive line, yeah, great running game, great super Bowl defense. Yes, a quarterback that been there, done that, that won a Super Bowl. And it's something about quarterbacks named Joe that make them special. Joe Burrow, Joe is their name.
Speaker 3: Listen your name, Joe.
Speaker 2: You got a chance to be great as a quarterback, and I think would make it so good as this guy was sitting on his couch. Yeah, after they had just paid somebody three hundred million to be their quarterback, and you get the guy for your couch, and he's better than the guy that you just paid two hundred plus million. So they got a steam plus I gotta be like I take however it comes. But I just want to show some love for a fan base because I hear it, because I do the post game shows out timing too shows, and the fans here are so frustrated and broken by just a decade of just not being good. Right when I watched the Browns go decade at the decade, at the decade, but they packed that stadium no matter what strue, love they Cleveland brown This is the moment they've been waiting for. This is why they draft of Miles Garrett. This is why Denzel Award gets drapped, This is why they do that. So I want to show some love for a fan base that never gave up on their team and getting They just deserts with the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 3: God, I don't know who had the worst. Who had the worst Detroit or Cleveland.
Speaker 1: It might be the Lions because the city died too.
Speaker 3: It might be the Lions.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because it's both of them are so bad and so long, but they have endured and now they're getting They just dessert. So shout out to those two fan bases right there, show you some love.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the Dolphins. I think the Dolphins are a fraud. And I heard the stat today that against teams that they played in the regular season playoff teams, they have a point differential of minus seventy one. So they're good in Miami, but you get them on the road against good teams or good teams in particular, they struggle.
Speaker 2: Because in Miami they gotta lead the weapon callar twelfth Man.
Speaker 3: The city will eat you up and chew you out and spit you out, all right.
Speaker 2: Imagine playing in Green Bay for eight weeks and we gotta go play in Miami.
Speaker 3: You going out, Jinks, the city go chew you up.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: And the fact that.
Speaker 2: Miami getting injured at the wrong time. Yeah, Bradley Chubb, they lost both of them. Edge with Taylor, I mean, they're really banged down.
Speaker 3: Tyreek Hill banged up. They just banged up at the wrong time.
Speaker 2: And I think health is gonna be the reason Miami. That's another fan base that has endured a lot. But I think they just beat up at the wrong time. Drinks, I don't they got a chance because they're just not healthy enough.
Speaker 1: They're taking on the Chiefs there in Kansas City. It's gonna be cold this Weekend's wrong with the I was just gonna say, you can only a quarterback and Aaron Rodgers did this in Green Bay forever, right, they would just recycle receivers and he would make everyone better. But at some point, talent does matter.
Speaker 3: Oh it does matter.
Speaker 2: Pat Mahomes cannot throw the ball in catch it himself, right, like, Hi, go think he's at the most drops in the NFL. And I could see the frustration on his face. All right, Kelsey has started the age quickly. I don't know if it's Taylor Swift. I don't know if I know the Swift just want to come for me right now.
Speaker 1: And it's about that she could have died.
Speaker 2: I looked at me like like she like Taylor Swift looked at Joe Coy and was like, you go tell her. She goes, yeah, I don't know, but Kelsey starting the age.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They feel like they can double team him Rice.
Speaker 1: And if you're an opposing defense, wouldn't you do the same thing when you just put all of your attention on Kelsey.
Speaker 3: Who else do you have?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You have nobody else. They had a chance to get DeAndre Hopkins. I never like, why won't you get him? Yeah, like so they had times, but we know what they drafted next year. Yeah, we know what they're gonna get. But younger civers won enough, they're gonna have to have a veteran. But Kansas City is slowly following a part deteriorating in Miami. Like I said, yeah, just injured at the wrong time. So that's gonna be a gimme game right there. But I if I had to pick, I think Kansas City has the better defense, and I think Kansas City has a better quarterback, So therefore they win that game.
Speaker 1: Cowboys hosting the Packers. Cowboys are very good at home. They get a little dicey on the road. But I feel like that homeless is a good spot for Dallas. How far can they go or are they gonna do what Dallas always does?
Speaker 2: I would say that is always played seven more days than we do. Yeah, I think they beat Green Bay. Yeah, I think they.
Speaker 3: Beat Green Bay get the playoff win.
Speaker 2: I think that is he's on the heater right now, and like I said, he's making it hard to stop him.
Speaker 3: See here, go think about it.
Speaker 2: If you become only a pocket passer, It opens our playbook all the way up.
Speaker 3: We can play a lot of two men under, all right.
Speaker 2: That means we can intercept the ball from We can't play two men under when the quarterback is a runner because our deepens the coordinate don't want us to turn out back to the quarterback. He wants all eyes on him, so we have the zone blitching more. Dak is starting to dictate what you play against him. He's starting to dictate coverage because of his running and Ceedee Lamb, Lord, it's been awesome. Listen, Ceedee lamb been on one all right. They have found something there, just like McCarthy when he was in Green Bay with Done a Driver and the rest of those guys, they found what they look looking for. On offense, Ferguson that tight end has been making big plays. Brandon Cook signings, I've seen this, Michael get They got guys to make plays. It's not about Green Bay with Dallas. What happens when they got to play the forty nine ers. I don't want to hear nothing else. I want to hear what happens when you got to play the forty nineers. The bully that keep knocking your teeth out your mouth every day you come to school like sooner later you ain't gonna have no teeth. Lefl.
Speaker 1: I have to ask you about the Eagles axe men. Do they have any They're a small favorite in Tampa Bay this weekend, but coming off back to back losses to the Cards and the Giants. State you talking about a team that has no identity. On paper, they look great, Yeah, no identity right now? They look completely lost. What's going on in Philly? What did we start this show off talking about coach? Oh, we think of Sirianni.
Speaker 2: No, they lost their offensive cord in, their defensive coordinator stiking all these they literally lost to they xit I mean a coordinator. Yeah, both sides of the ball has win, not just offense, not your defense. That's how important coaching is. Like this, you can had the same players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had.
Speaker 2: Almost seventy sacks last year. They down to forty.
Speaker 3: The difference is the guy that's called in the plays.
Speaker 2: Don't call the plays like the last guy, not information driven like the last guy, not detailed like the last guy. So you will fall back down. So I think that's what's going on in Philly right now. They got a colture shot from a coaching shock. They lost two great educators and now they are leaning in on two different The coachs look good to me this year. The Cardinals hard out for everybody. All I'm saying is, if you don't have the right offensive coordinator defensive coordinators, your team can change drastically. Philadelphia watch out because Baker Baker the touchdown makers listen. This is what I love about Baker. He does well as a underdog. Yes, not as an overdog. You put him King Bean. No, he does don't do well. You tell Baker what he cannot do and he shit his mouth. Yeah, Baker gonna go do what it do.
Speaker 1: And he's injured to it's ribs are banged up.
Speaker 3: Man, Baker tough is a two dollars stak.
Speaker 2: But the one thing about it is Baker also, like I said, he relishes the underdog.
Speaker 3: He's always been an underdog.
Speaker 2: Walk home. Everything he has to do is underdog oriented. He doesn't do good as a front runner. So I think Tampa Bay fied them a quarterback. Nobody wants to talk about it. Yeah, I think Baker found a home and I think Tampa Bay found them a quarterback.
Speaker 1: So I ask you this now and then we can revisit it in a few weeks. Who is going to make and win the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I hate to say this.
Speaker 2: I always just like their jersey's growing up because Jered Rice was one of my favorite players of all time. Yeah. Mississippi guy, I hate to throw that in there. Misssippi make the best football players and pretty much the best entertainers too. If you want to go with ever was in Oprah, we are number one. I will say that the forty nine ers. I like teams with no weaknesses. I don't need you to be great at anything right, I need you to be good. Forty nine ers running the ball good. The forty nine have passed the ball good, they play defense great, they play special teams good. I see them as the team coming out to the NFC East, I mean at the NFC the Ravens. I was hoping they would say that now they mimic each other team wise, both of them got a good quarterback. I think the Ravens quarterback is better. Both of them running the ball, tough identity, both of them pass the ball, both of them defense. But the edges I get the edge to Balltimore, Lamar Jackson. This that dude, that's him. Justin Tucker can kick the ball from Washington.
Speaker 1: D C.
Speaker 2: Surecame to West Virginia.
Speaker 3: Best kicker in the league.
Speaker 2: I get the Ravens the edge right out there, both defenses equal.
Speaker 3: Ravens forty nine ers win of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Baltimore parade down the street with our cousins Baltimore.
Speaker 3: I think, what about you? What say you?
Speaker 1: I think you're right? Also, do you know about the Super Bowl logo? Conspiracy theory?
Speaker 2: What happen?
Speaker 1: Have you seen this? This has happened like three straight years now. Where the colors there's usually two colors on the Super Bowl logo, one on each side, and the colors correspond with the teams who've made the Super Bowl. So two years ago it was what blue and orange, Rams and Bengals made it. Last year it was red and green Chiefs Eagles. Guess what the colors are this year? Red and purple, red and purple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, listen, at the end of the day, I understand what it is. It could be a conspiracy theory, whatever, you won't think. I just say, those are the two teams that I think are the most dangerous teams in the league.
Speaker 1: Right now and when you just love to see that matchup Lamar versus that Niners defense.
Speaker 2: The law firm of Lamar, Lamar and Lamar, like, listen to me, the one the one thing that makes him more dangerous than he used to be. He's running to throw the ball now he's That means he's he's made it. That mean he's finally developed into him. It's just gonna be hard stop, yeah, ob j Like it's they flyers. It's gonna be hard to stop. And I hate to say this, Okay, if the Ravens were in the Super Bowl, just like I was drunk at the Caps Championship in d C. Yeah, in the national of laying on the ground enjoying myself, I will be in Baltimore, like with the Washington Jerry, what are you doing. I'm here to celebrate with my cousins. Congratulate y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm one of the guy that will randomly show up to a celebration.
Speaker 1: You're gonnahow up the Sugar Bowl and I went down the Sugar Bowl list.
Speaker 2: We were in the breakroom and.
Speaker 1: You said, James, I might come to down New Orleans and I was like, that sounds good, and Logan goes Fred Commanders playing Sunday you can't go.
Speaker 2: I ran to show up at wins. I ran to show like if I see a celebration, hey, I am stopping through.
Speaker 3: I've always been like there, like, don't let me hear some music.
Speaker 2: I'm listen.
Speaker 3: I'm there.
Speaker 2: If they win, I'll be in Baltimore eating crabcakes and drinking Old Milwaukee's best.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, they.
Speaker 1: Would love that. Let's pay some bills of a close things out here, and we're gonna start with Honda and to find a right sheet here.
Speaker 2: Come on, guys.
Speaker 1: Feel the power.
Speaker 3: I feel it all the time.
Speaker 1: Feel the power of the CERV high my god.
Speaker 3: I can't even ride with my mom in DC.
Speaker 1: You can't get arrested the cerv Hybrid at a court Hybrid Honda's most electrifying vehicles yet. Find adventure one of Honda's rugged eshuvs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most rugged SUV ever. Or experience the thrilling performance of the fund to drive Honda Civic with an available turbocharged engine. Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you at your local Honda dealer to and it is official Sea Geek, the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. They're the newest member of the Commander's family. Welcome, Welcome, Come on in the waters one it is. If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it. You will hear it even more as we get into the off season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commanders games or any other live event in the DMV, Seat Geek is the place to do it. The official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. So Commanders fans can fan.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I wish it would that easy in the early eighties and nineties when we were young, Yeah, just to get on the app seek.
Speaker 3: Oh, like we had to buy paper tickets.
Speaker 2: Now you're to line up and you could like like, I'm gonna tell you what it is, not that it went digitals. I don't see the ticket scalp as anymore.
Speaker 1: It's cut down on that a lot.
Speaker 2: Like literally I remember pulling up to like stadium and stuff and it be like twenty five years out there, Hey you want this ticket for seventeen dollars?
Speaker 3: No way, that's a good seat, man.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about when they try to be settled about it when it was illegal. Yeah, they kind of sit here like this and be like, yeah, pop out, get a couple of tickets.
Speaker 3: Sisty, you know.
Speaker 2: Then Hey, I ain't gonna lie. I'm gonna tell you which one got me. Okay, I'll never forget this. And I couldn't do nothing to laugh. That's how I normal an idiot. I go home for Christmas one year in Mississippi. Okay, this is while I'm playing. I pull up to a gas station. By the way, never buy stuff from people at the gas station. This guy pulls up beside me, like, hey, man, I got a I got a couple of Apple computers. You want to buy a laptop? Nicest wrapped up field it?
Speaker 1: Oh how much?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: Give me?
Speaker 3: Like four hundred it's you. Yeah, I'm like for what an apple?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Here, I get home.
Speaker 2: I take the plastic gotf and open the box. Guess what's in the box? What a piece of wood with an apple stick of No. I laughed so hard, chinks that I cried, because I like, I deserve everything that just happened.
Speaker 1: Bro, this happened to me, except I bought speakers.
Speaker 2: I got got my dude in a van. Yeah that don't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, And they barely worked in some offerings like hey man, you speaker, Yeah, the big one, the big one. Yeah, I chased this dude down. Well, it was a different dude. They tried to sell me speakers. I'm like, now I'm gonna chase after this dude. Yeah, I chased him for half an hour.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, they've been getting us like that.
Speaker 1: God, he got me. He listen.
Speaker 3: That's why when we think we're getting over, we're not. Just go to the store.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I took two hundred and fifty dollars out of the ATM, and this is a long time ago. That's a lot of money for me. There's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I got got by the same dude. I might have been the same dude I bought because I had this nice theater. And it's all about opportunity, because I wasn't out looking for theater speaking right, he pulls up. Yeah, man, great van, Hey man, I need to off the rest of the Yeah, I'll give it.
Speaker 1: To you too. I'm just going back to the shop. You want these, man, Oh my God.
Speaker 3: Plugged it up. Speaker was mute. Nothing came out of here, right, but tears.
Speaker 1: I went on eBay, I was like, I wonder how much these are actually worth? When they finally hit me, forty dollars just a bunch of wood.
Speaker 3: They worth nothing.
Speaker 2: And that's why I say, man, when you think you're getting over, you're actually getting whooped.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that's the way it got whooped.
Speaker 1: You know it's got whooped. Joe Coy listen at the Golden Globes.
Speaker 2: It was so cringey painful.
Speaker 3: Hey, first of all, how many people turn down their job?
Speaker 1: A lot? I was reading now, I will say to his credit, because first of all, that modelighte was not good. But also that's a tough gig, Hollywood elite crowd, and they don't they don't want to be made like. They want to have fun, but not too much fun at their expense. And there were some big names like Chris rock AND's mother people that turned it down in no way.
Speaker 3: But how do you satisfy a crowd of elitists?
Speaker 1: How do you do your job right?
Speaker 2: How do like I'm supposed to crack jokes on you right now? Some of those jokes was cringey. The Robert Niro joke about the baby is cringey.
Speaker 1: And the Meryl Streep joke, that joke's been told for ten.
Speaker 2: Years, you know, and he just he rode Meryl Street the whole day, right. It was like, it's an impossible job. I wonder if they called friend Smooth, like you need you for the Golden Globes, and I'll be like, hey, I ain't know y'all still did it, but you know, I'll give it a try. Yeah, So I think you got to start off by get on stags, humbling yourself first, yes, make jokes about yourself.
Speaker 3: Then when you start to shoot them off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, people might not get his mad, but I don't think you can win with their crowd.
Speaker 3: Like did anybody tune into it? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: And also too like this has been Nune before and Ricky Gervais did it very famously and was just eviscerating everyone and it didn't have him back. It was hilarious because he clearly did not care at all.
Speaker 3: You can't care, you there caring it's over with.
Speaker 2: You cannot do it like it's a it's a lose lose situation to me, Like it's a lose lose situation to me, because I was.
Speaker 3: Watching the crowd.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't even laugh at good jokes, right Like, I know, you ain't gonna laugh at the bad ones, but you at least laughing at the good joke.
Speaker 1: I hated the fact that whenever he told a joke that was especially bad, he blame his riders. I'm like, listen, if you were crushing right now, you would be saying, those are my riders. You be taking full how I get through under the bus.
Speaker 2: But if I was up there be like, you know what, man, this is Michael Jenkins the reason I steak right now. Michael JS blew it.
Speaker 1: He wrode the last three jokes.
Speaker 3: That's why it's your dad solitary. The first one all me.
Speaker 1: That's gonna do it for us, got loud, got loud. We're gonna continue to follow the head coaching search. It's an exciting time.
Speaker 2: That Washington fair right now, a new beginning, a new start, uh hashtag back.
Speaker 1: To glory and nothing to laugh. I like it. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders. Or any of their representatives