Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Slice reactions.
Speaker 2: This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 3: It's Slice time for Brooklyn Boys podcast, Episode number two seventy nine, slightly delayed a little bit. I'm Brody, I'm scary, and Brodie's drinking chocolate water.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Uh huh ah, Oh my god, that chocolate water. I grew up on you.
Speaker 3: Who Now it's national, I think, but it used to be the New York, New Jersey only product. It's so nasty. It's chocolate war. People think, yeah, I know. But people think it's chalk milk. But if you look at the first ingredient on there, it says water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then high fructose corn syrup. So that's good for.
Speaker 3: Another All the good stuff, all the nutrients, nine fat and caffeine free, gluten free, Not that that matters to me. Wait a minute, there's way why.
Speaker 2: No way, no way.
Speaker 3: Yes, contains less than two percent of cocoa alkali processed non fat dry milk.
Speaker 2: It's in there. It's in there, but it's a bunch of shit. It's shit, but then it's milk, so it balances out.
Speaker 3: Milk is at the end. That's why you could drink this stuff with it from a shelf. Yeah, milk is at the end, so I have the straw going to the bottom. I'm only drinking the good stuff.
Speaker 2: At the bottom. Does it need to be refrigerated? That's correct.
Speaker 3: And any chocolate drink in a can also similarly, I mean users in one of those juice boxes that kids it's it's a it's a cardboard a liquid transporter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the sippy, the sippy cardboard boxes that you give your kid for lunch.
Speaker 3: But anytime you see it in a can, it's not chocolate milk. Her, she's just chocolate milk. That's Milcolm milk is like three hundred calories and ounce.
Speaker 2: I'm not drinking that.
Speaker 3: Speaking away, it's more pure though. Yeah, yeah, yeah, speaking of what you look like, you lost some weight?
Speaker 2: I did. Can you tell it's first quarter? First quarter scaries? Here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a the stought of first quarter scary. That's right, I am. And I'm nine days in. I'm down eight pounds already.
Speaker 2: Very nice. Yeah, here I go, Here I go, you know, and here I go again.
Speaker 3: I'll save the story of me visiting the office of I'm not going to mention his name because otherwise check scary social media this minute as we're recording this on Tuesday night, and you can see the doctor himself with like perfect hair.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look real.
Speaker 3: It looks like like Jimmy Neutron like cartoon hair on the.
Speaker 2: On the next main episode tomorrow or whatever. You're able forced me to hit tell him to hit the jingle, bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm also going to tell you a little side story about some suggestions he has for me for the for this time around.
Speaker 2: On his.
Speaker 3: Okay right, Hey, so we were supposed to do this slice time like two and a half weeks ago, so we apologized for the delay. We meant to do it and then then go on vacation, but Scary couldn't wait.
Speaker 2: The plane was I'm not ready to go. Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of things happening, a lot of mother the parts in the last few weeks. So as a result, we just got off the phone with the people who run this fine program, the.
Speaker 2: Technical muckety MUCKs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they told us that they delete after fifteen days. So the talkbacks, the talk to people, Yeah, the talkbacks are gone. They told us thirty days, right, So one hand said no, it's thirty days.
Speaker 2: And they're saying on this side fifteen days. Well guess what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't gotten the note back from the guy who said thirty days, so I can't retrieve the ones before December twenty sixth at three twenty one PMO we.
Speaker 2: Received that Christmas here, we screwed.
Speaker 3: You everything, and I bet people had a lot to say about episode two seventy nine in those two weeks. Yeah, so if you remember what you said and we can't find them, you're welcome to leave the messages again and we'll try to play some next next week. But that's why we didn't come back to a Brooklyn Boys. We're doing the Brooklyn Boys tomorrow. Hear this maybe tomorrow, But if this is your first time tuning into Slice time, Basically, it's an offshoot of the what we used to do at the end of the Brooklyn Boys, which was play all your talkbacks. Now because they became so popular, we had so many of them, we're doing them as their own episodes episode maybe not as many. This is the feedback show, all right, So this is not the main Brooklyn Boys podcast. Just to let everyone know, not to say that this is any worse, but this belongs to the slices.
Speaker 2: It's Slice time.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Yo, bold freak Runnie, what's up? Man? I totally agree with grig T and Scary Jones. You should totally go on a date with Laura in the Lurg. Come on, man, it's the holidays. Enjoy yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what we're off. We're off to a roaring start here.
Speaker 3: Listening to an off air show episode. Yes, this is a comment of the Off Air Show with Scury and Greg T episode number thirty one. Okay, no disrespect to that prior podcast, which we which we are, which we host on this channel because it's the It's family.
Speaker 2: But this is not last time, is not all air time. But here's the best part that was years ago, twenty sixteen. Can't do a lot happened?
Speaker 3: Bald Freak Ronnie moved to Nashville, and Lauren is probably married with.
Speaker 2: Kids by now.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Lauren, Lauren has a kid. No Lauren, No Lauren the Lurg. It was a we were trying to give bald frekek Ronnie. I remember this episode. We're trying to give advice about going out with this woman. Oh not Lauren, Lauren, No, not our Lauren. Yeah, but I would imagine even Lauren the it's married years later, years later?
Speaker 2: Where is she?
Speaker 3: So that was a talk way back. That was a throwback. All right, what a way to start it off. Welcome back from vacation everyone. Here's a twenty sixteen reference Andrew.
Speaker 5: From upstate New York. Here on regards to the tattoo, shit, I think that excu you should get a cockatoo and.
Speaker 6: Maybe have on it. Juan Valdez, get off of it. This dude wants to ride this guy's dick. Yea, be nice to my guy. Scary for fuck sake. Actually, that's a lot of letters. Pre these episodes, I realized there's ANIMI paper for those letters. Maybe just do one. Get off.
Speaker 2: There's not enough penis for that many letters.
Speaker 3: Oh man, so obviously, Uh yeah, I mean that's an inside joke, if you know, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I mean, just don't want side joke.
Speaker 3: It's from the episode we talked about cocktoo, cockatoos and and taint.
Speaker 2: Twos and tiptoos. Yeah all right, sorry, all right, now I'm finished. I wish I had a parrot, I really do. I would. I would get a cockatoo. Okay, we'll leave it right there. He could sit on that pile of papers behind you. Yeah, still there, by the way, still there, I'm believeing right there for twenty twenty four. Uh, New York.
Speaker 5: Once again, that's my last one. I'm not gonna be annoying like the rest of your fox. In regards to some of you, I think you need some spunk in your voice too, some of y'all calling up what sound like Jeffrey Dahmer about to eat somebody?
Speaker 6: Oh no, we can fucking hear you speak, comping out some spunk, happy and creepy.
Speaker 5: I love you.
Speaker 3: So he's giving, he's giving the other slices, give some constructive criticisms you. We'll call it that, all right, all right, we're laughing at him, by the way, not not any other That's great, very funny.
Speaker 2: But we don't have many because uh again, well then played them twice. So here's one.
Speaker 4: This is many from New York.
Speaker 7: So I was just listening to the latest episode two seventy nine and I'm listening to too Scary, And I'm just like, scary, what is what are you thinking?
Speaker 4: Grow growing up with Nicki Minaj. You're almost what, well, you're in the fifties.
Speaker 7: I don't know you.
Speaker 4: You are nowhere near.
Speaker 2: Growing up with Nicki forty nine?
Speaker 4: Stop it stop it all right?
Speaker 2: Whatty nine point?
Speaker 4: Nay?
Speaker 3: Okay, by the way, you by the way first, I'll by the way second. By the way, Nicki Minaj was around in two thousand and eight and nine nine was the first two thousand and nine. Okay, so that is now. Let's see nineteen twenty two, that's fifteen years ago. We established you with thirty five when the song came I'm still growing up no, okay, all right? And I had another by the way, Pink Friday too, comes out Friday. I'm looking forward to new Nicki Minaj.
Speaker 2: So very good. You know, there's another part of her career. Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, I had the pleasure of hanging out with Scary and his family on Christmas because you were in the area. I stopped over you talk more about on the Brooklyn Boys. But I saw your brother, Stephen, who's a lot younger than you, and I said, hey, Stephen, your brother here thinks he grew up with Nicki Minaj. And he laughed for like eleven minutes. I was still growing he's younger than you and he didn't grow up on Nicky. Want to see like twelve thirteen years younger than you.
Speaker 4: He's the last thing, Scary. I need you to hurry up and get the jingles. I need to listen to order jingles because I.
Speaker 8: Really missed him and I don't want to have to start from zero all over again, which I've.
Speaker 2: Done twice already, just to listen to the jingles.
Speaker 4: Get the jingles, please and thank you.
Speaker 3: See it's all a ployed for me to get another listen out of him. See what I'm doing there. Yeah, now bring the listen and order jingles home and the and the the IDs I wanted.
Speaker 2: Please, all right, maybe maybe sometime in twenty twenty four, you'll get gets you New Y's resolution.
Speaker 9: Hey, Scary and Brody, Brodie and Scary. This is Ariel from upstate New York. And when I say upstate, live near Syracuse. And I just wanted to say to Scary, you're not alone on this. A lot of people believe in aliens and ghosts and bigfoots. My boyfriend's big believer of it. I'm not necessarily believer, but.
Speaker 8: He is.
Speaker 9: So you're not alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look what happened at that Miami mall on New Year's Day? There was an alien. No, there was an alien. Did you see the TMZ video?
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 2: A robot?
Speaker 3: And it was like twenty feet tall. And then the secondary footage that Gandhi from The Big Show send me and I see it going a zip of light going across the sky and someone says, that's horizontal lightning. Listen, they are amongst us. I'm telling you, I'm onto something here one day. We're all getting prepared for the Big revealed. Because here's one point in the nineteen forties when they saw spaceships. Okay, they complained to you all on before you before we go on, hold a reference what she said. She said, her her boyfriend, her brother, Yeah, believes believes in big in bigfoots.
Speaker 2: She pluralized.
Speaker 3: So does that mean he believes in multiple like a whole species of bigfoots and is it big feats?
Speaker 2: At that point, I'm confused.
Speaker 3: One more thing about the Miami Mall episode that happened on you know that on the Year's Day, the police presence was so large.
Speaker 2: How large was it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: No, it was it was the biggest police you see.
Speaker 3: It was like fucking five hundred cars there, Okay, And they said that the reason that they were called to the mall was because of a group of teenagers fighting.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what, you don't send that many cars to a fight in a mall.
Speaker 3: They were literally like every and every comment on on YouTube and wherever you saw it on the TMZ video ye on social media, it was showing you they were saying, no shot, this was something else going on there. They needed the entire force to get down. There can't explain Florida. Hey, for the Brooklyn Boys episode, I want to tease, you're just you're gonna brush that off. I'm gonna brush it off because it's it's bullshit anyway. Twenty twenty four scary. You go on TikTok a lot, a lot, a lot. Well, I scroll and sometimes I go on the for you page. You know, you scroll for you things they recommend. Yeah, I'm not gonna get into this now with you. When we can talk about episode to eighty and you can leave talkbacks. I guess you could start leaving talkbacks now if you want.
Speaker 2: Scary. There's an epidemic on TikTok.
Speaker 3: I don't know in twenty twenty four now how this is possible, But there are people who believe the Earth is flat.
Speaker 2: Don't don't. I can't even, man, you can't believe in spaceships and the world is flat? You can't. No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I do not believe the word the earth is flat. Although I did see a map, so I wanted to get into the brain of somebody who maps are flat. They made a paper. No, no, I wanted to get I wanted to get into the brain of somebody who thought that and try and just see it his lens. And it didn't wouldn't make any It didn't make any sense to me. No, No, they please, I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 4: I tried.
Speaker 3: I tried. Sorry, but I don't believe the earth is flat. All right, let's pause right here and we have more slice time coming up next.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I meant to tell you, Brody that they had a little bit of a talkback meeting over the last week and they said that who is that the powers that be, the people that designed this software. They said, that is the tower. We will have the ability to block people at some point. That is the number one priority that's coming soon. We haven't had, we haven't had a need to do that. But just know that if people get unruly, they can be blocked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's.
Speaker 9: TikTok Upstate, New York, Syracuse. I just wanted to to say to you. There's two YouTube channels I recommend you watch since you're interested paranormal activities. The first one is called Slapped ham s l A pped and space h A m okay slapped Tam.
Speaker 3: I think that's what brought in it. Yeah, I brot you did that last night. That's my category on the porn hub. Slappically doesn't who sings that song?
Speaker 2: What slap ham? Slap that ham in the frying pan? Just plush that ham in the frying pan like spam. That's insane. In the membrane from Cypress Hill, Cypress Hill right from the nineties. I grew up listening to them. I give you that. I'll give you the nineties a little bit, give me the nineties.
Speaker 3: Even then it's I'm not going to point out how old you are in the nineties, but better than two thousand and nine. I was a teenager, you fuck really till nineteen ninety four, I was. I grew up listening to Cypress Hill up nineteen ninety one, two three, all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the time Nirvana came out, you were no longer growing up.
Speaker 9: Hey, Ariel from upstairs, you're back, okay, scary. So the second YouTube channel I recommend you watch is called Depths of Despair.
Speaker 2: It's d E P t H s of d E s P A I r R despair.
Speaker 9: I think you'll really enjoy these all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ariel. I appreciate the recommendations.
Speaker 3: Although the Depth of Despair doesn't sound like a fun channel, I gotta be honest, sounds like doom and gloom. It's like our friend Samantha from The Big Show producer Sam She wants me to watch this movie about a plane wreck that's on It's on Netflix right now. I refuse to watch it. Oh you don't want to watch that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about. That's the rugby team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's based it's a it's a remake of a movie called a Live that was may it's a true story. But they made a movie called Alive in the eighties or nineties. Yeah, I remember, and it's the same story.
Speaker 2: So I'm driving to work with it today. There's no food. She goes, you should really checked us out, But now, no, why the fuck would I do that?
Speaker 3: First of all, I don't want to see I don't want to see any film.
Speaker 2: With a plane crashing. I just don't.
Speaker 3: Oh, the plane crash I hear is unbelievably graphic and realistic, fucking ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I don't need that in my life.
Speaker 4: You need that.
Speaker 3: I need anxiety. And when I travel, I travel a lot. Yeah, it's called Society of the Snow.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm watching a great new show on Netflix, and I'll talk about in the Brooklyn Boys next week.
Speaker 2: Well next time. But the brother's son s u n okay, a terrific, terrific show.
Speaker 10: Sorry me again, number two seventy nine. Oh my god, Scary ordered an ax benedict to be delivered. That's right, And that's pretty delicate. And if a restaurant's going to offer to deliver delicate food to someone's home, they should prepare it and wrap it in a way where it doesn't get messy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just saying, well, that's what I was saying. I'm like, otherwise, don't offer it. Don't offer it for uh, you know, for Uber eats for delivery. If you can't, it's like it's like a keishe like, what are those the things that fall in the oven. The keish is right, they guess FLA is you can't bring a suit flight, you can't deliver suit fly. Yeah, but the thing is okay, I made the mistake of ordering it, but I figured I was confident that if I ordered this item, they would find a way to package it properly, because they must have done a hundred times before.
Speaker 2: No such luck.
Speaker 3: They just put one of those black you know, the black and white containers, and they just think was sloshing around in there.
Speaker 2: It was disgusting. Black and white containers.
Speaker 3: You know, the plastic black and white containers, the ones that are all you know, the ones that a all they all use. Are you talking about the ones with the clear lid? Yes, so you can clear white. Oh no, it's like a translucent lid, you know the one clear that's not clear. Clear would be you could see right through it. It's trans see right through it.
Speaker 2: Translucent. Translation was you can you can someone.
Speaker 3: The character on the Boys on Amazon prop you could somewhat see through Videopicky.
Speaker 2: God damn it, I'm not nidpicky.
Speaker 10: EPI nine, you're back where Scary got an eggs? Benedict delivered a Yeah again, I just wanted to say, I think Brodie's brought in this situation and Scary's right. But also on a separate note, that Brody went to the home improvement store and had to deal with the pink guy you guys referred to as a Dutch boy, and I think he sucks and he doesn't deserve it. Uh, Brody, that Dutch boy guy at the home improvement store. I'm just wondering what ended up happening to him. Did he get fired, did they keep him?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 10: What happens? What came about with.
Speaker 2: That I got free paint? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What I would do is I would find ways to try and get this into a thirty second. I understand sometimes you have a lot to say, but try and get each thought into thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Well, No, she did the pain, did the right, she did, know she did. She also did about five of these, so we could use all the help we can get since we lost so many of them.
Speaker 10: Hi, I just wanted to say that one slice from Texas, the one that sounds like he's Yo, Samity Sam. He's very entertaining and I hope that he sticks around for a while, and I think he's starting to get some fans.
Speaker 2: He is all right.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure he's from Texas, but he's definitely from He's from the South.
Speaker 2: He's pretending he's from Texas. He might be. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Hey, there are Brooklyn boys.
Speaker 11: This is Peter from the three oh five listening to the first episode of Slice Time so episode two seventy seven. I'm a little bit behind, but not too badly.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 11: AnyWho? In reference to the driver's license permits in Ohio being at fifteen and a half, well, guess what In Florida it's actually at fifteen and then you get your license at sixteen.
Speaker 2: Well, at least it was.
Speaker 11: When I was fifteen, which was back when they used to carve the licenses on stown tablets using a hammer and chisel. Anyway, peace out?
Speaker 3: Okay, nice kids driving young in Florida. That said they can go to the mall and see the aliens.
Speaker 2: Could this really be the last one because they all got eraised? Yes? Oh, he brought them boys.
Speaker 8: Brody and scary, Scary and Brody. This is Paul from Pombay, Florida, Slice for Life. Paul caught up and listening from episode zero again. Nice question, episode thirty six, Brody Scary your chocolate covered strawberries to interns. Did you ever buy you more?
Speaker 4: No? Touch base.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't give it away. That's right, you gave it.
Speaker 3: You offered people my strawberry, my chocolate covered strawberries, Sherry's berries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a sponsor this podcast. They'd like to be. That'd be great.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, no, Unfortunately he never got his berries back. But they were community strawberries.
Speaker 2: They were not.
Speaker 3: They sent them to me and I said, oh, scary, would you like one? And you took the box and you gave them other people. Oh who else wants one? Because yeah, let's recall that for a seconds. I'll say this, and I to this day don't agree with you on it. When you get again, of course not. And it's in the office place, and then it's something that's sharable or you could like pick things out of it. You know, it's like you know, you pick things up, Shaable's a sharable thing. And you offer it to someone like myself. You're a coworker. You have to extend the invite. No, I do it my strawberries. Yeah, but the intern wanted credit. You have missed the generosity. You're like everyone strawberries. Oh oh they're so good, but like you should have one. Oh, but if you can offer one to me, I can only assume that they're up for grabs for the people around us. Otherwise you wouldn't have offered one to me in public, in front of the intern That's what bothers me. They were editing video, they weren't paying attention. And I love my interns, but I was bringing them home for my wife and kids, and I was like, oh, there's one extra one, I'll give one a Scary, I could spare one.
Speaker 2: It was like eight in a.
Speaker 3: Box, so six whatever it was. So I gave you one so I could bring the rest home for my family. So I had to tell my wife and kids, sorry, no chocolate covered strawberries. And I promised you because Scary gave him to other people. All right, Well episode thirty six, baby, okay, you listen back thirty six.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm kind of upset that we're out of talkbacks. That was it. That was anti climactic.
Speaker 3: Nice job, and by the way, nice job not saying anti climatic. Who says that means anti climate? People say anti climatic, but that's climate.
Speaker 2: All right? Sorry about let me see if Tony, our our guru has got the Arctic. Let's see howld on a second? What are the odds that he No, he did not get back. He didn't get back to you. Now.
Speaker 3: Also on The Brooklyn Boys coming up, I'm going to tell you about a listener that insulted me, put me down, and was derogatory in general because she claimed I did something that I didn't do, and then when I proved her I didn't do it, she didn't apologize.
Speaker 2: What made him think you did it in the first place.
Speaker 3: Well, i'll tell you on The Brooklyn Boys episode two eighty. Never listening to she's never out. I tell you what she's never listening to again.
Speaker 2: It's not just what you think.
Speaker 3: The Brooklyn Boys podcast not just that. I'll give you all the details next week. I mean next time we're together. I'm so glad we had this. So what are we gonna do this tomorrow? I think tomorrow we should give them a Brooklyn Boys. I think we should. I got a lot of sound clips for you. Good stuff. All right, We'll see you tomorrow, and thanks for listening this lifetime giving them the shop.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it. They're usually much longer and better reactions. This podcast all depends on you. He wanted five diamon, three dazl