Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five Bet five bucks get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets when you do only at Bet three six five with that promo code leading off, It is me, Joey p That is not the Welsh No, No, that my friends there. He is this way wrong direction. I don't know who that guy is. But this guy, it's Joe Rico to Joe's One Show. It's gonna be a beautiful day here. We're gonna break down a lot of baseball news, some injuries to get to, some bets, a little up and down. But Joe, you're a Toronto guy. I'm surprised you made the show today. I would have thought for sure they'd be calling you up because everybody got hurt yesterday for the Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: That was a tough game to watch in San Francisco, and even leading up to it, all the reports about Ricky Tiedeman, who at this point, I don't know what to even make him. I don't know if he's it looks like Nate Pierson two point zero, but it's it's tough being in Toronto. It's good to take a break here and chat with you. Joe two. Joe's one show. We should do the show in Italian Dei Giuseppi today on this show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Okasidy, Joe, what are you doing so? But seriously, it's great to you able to step in here. Welsh going away for a couple of days, getting a little time with the family there, So Arico joining us today and tomorrow. Joe. Let's just get right to the headlines. Let's jump right into a baby and let's start with the Dodgers' rotation, which was in the headlines yesterday here in the program, and we got to bring it back. I was betting, literally and figuratively on Gavin Stone kind of stopping the bleeding yesterday for the Dodgers. He did not. He struggled. It was not a good start for him. Four runs, nine hits, and four and two thirds innings. Yeah, I was against the Phillies, but I don't want to give him too big of a pass. But that's not the only story here, because Dave Roberts told everybody yesterday that Walker Buehler is working on his mechanics, and my god, we're gonna have to get a mechanic to figure him out because it has been brutal this year for him. And then on top of all of that, you get Bobby Miller getting sent down, but nobody knows to where or what's going on there. And I get it. We're close to the All Star break, so sending Bobby Miller makes sense somewhere to work on some things during the break. But Joe, the Dodgers' rotation is coming apart at the seams here from a fantasy perspective, it's rough and Tyler glassnow on the il yesterday. So what do you do here right now if you're the Dodgers, because they got to do something. I know it's the break, but they got to come out with the with the plan here after the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: If you just look at their rotation on Fangrafts on the roster resource page, James Paxton is currently listed as the Ace. So yeah, I would say that they're probably gonna be probably gonna need to be doing at all, probably gonna need to be doing a couple of things now. I don't think Glass now is too serious. I think that's probably just they're taking a chance to use the All Star break as a bit of an extended rest for him. Bobby Miller, I'm actually a little bit encouraged by the fact that they didn't stick him back on the injured list, that he went down to the miners, which tells you that he just needs to work on a couple things as opposed to there's a foe arm problem or something. So I think generally speaking, they're still gonna be okay. But this feels like it's got Garrett Crochet written all over it, doesn't It.
Speaker 1: A certainly certainly possible. I think that I still say this, and I know Shures are talked about it. Yesterday there were some quotes going around where he was like, I don't want to wait my not trade, blah blah blah, Like that's like, okay, well, I guess that's the I don't want to wait my no trade unless it's somewhere I really want to go. And I still think the Dodgers are gonna come knock, and I think they're gonna say, look, we're in this thing. Next year, you get Otani back in this rotation, You got glass now Otani Yamamoto that you can live with. You need a stopgap. I don't know if they have the bullets in the chamber or want to move those prospects for Crochet, that it's gonna take. And I think they're gonna get a hole for Crochet because he is the quote unquote guy and he's controllable. Now, I think it's a smart move. I agree with you. I would like to see them do that. But man oh, man, like, maybe it is a tie on. Maybe it is a less interesting guy or a Sure's or a veteran guy that Look, it's not like he's not familiar. He had a good time in LA he talked about that. Everything was, you know, fantastic there. But man oh, man, like, it is brutal for the Dodgers right now. I don't remember, do you remember, Joe recently a team's rotation, especially one like this high in public in terms of like what we think of the Dodgers being just absolutely obliterated one through five basically the.
Speaker 2: Only one that comes to mind, and it's not the same level, but it's the Rays from the last couple of years with McClanahan and Springs and Rasmussen. That's kind of closed. But I don't know if.
Speaker 1: Then Bradley got hurt too, Yeah, that's a good one. Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if it's on the same level as the Dodgers right now.
Speaker 1: Not probably not on the same level of expectations, but from our fantasy perspective, certainly one that people were looking at, but brutal. Oh thank god for good things. Marcello zun has been one of them. He's gonna be in the home run Derby. He hit another home run thirty three years old. He's got twenty four bombs right now. He had a great season last year. The slash is two ninety six, three seventy four, five sixty eight, fifty five runs scored, seventy five ribies. What do you account for this Marcelo Zuna renaissance here in his thirties, because this is usually the time where player goes in the opposite direction. But ozooa last year a fantastic season. I thought he regressed. He did not. He's been even better than last year in some regards. So what do you make of this Ozuna renaissance at this age?
Speaker 2: It's hard to know what to make of it because a lot of the Braves have actually struggled this season quite a bit, and then you got Marcelo Zuna, who a lot of people were fading coming into the season. The utility only the age factor, and we're close to a fifty home run pace. He might have one hundred and thirty ribies. It's really hard to say, Like his babbup is a bit higher than usual, which might be helping out the batting average, but I think it's just the power has always been there and this maybe is maybe the last time we're going to see it to this degree. As you said, he's thirty three, he's going to be thirty four years old later this season, So not sure how many more than we can expect, and not really sure what exactly to attribute it to, but pretty pretty excellent stuff from Ozuna overall. It's just there's nothing really in the numbers to say like, oh, yeah, you should have looked before the season and expected this to happen again. It's just one of those baseball things that's really hard to put your finger on.
Speaker 1: It's like he's becoming Nelson Cruz or something like before our eyes, and I feel like that was the same conversation, right. Cruz was kind of a late bloomer, had a couple of good years in his late twenties into his early thirties, we're like, Okay, this is gonna end, and then play until he was forty, and he was still incredibly productive. Maybe it's that DH pot. I don't know. Whatever it is, it's working for Rozuna. He'll be interesting to watch there too. Larry's got a question. I think Larry actually messaged me this morning and I gave him an answer, but he must not have liked that answer, so he wants a different Joe to answer it. Larry wants to know Xander or Jimenez rest of season. I won't tell you my answer, Rico. I want to see what you say.
Speaker 2: I have to say without digging in a lot, I have to go with Jimenez, the guy who's healthy and has been pretty solid to this point. I'm not sure with boguards once he comes back, what's the level of production gonna look like. I think Jimenez is the safer play in an elite offense. They're both in great lineups, but I think Jimenez is also double eligible, second and short in a lot of cases, so I think that he is overall, I think a safer play. But what are your thoughts, Joe.
Speaker 1: I went with Xander Brogart just the better player last year in the second half, at a great second half after struggling. He did have a slow start, but really was putting things together right before he got hurt. I'm gonna go with the track record of of Xander Bogart's. But I don't think Amenez is like the wrong answer. I do agree depending on your roster, the safer one probably, so that's the way I would go. So there you go. There, you got two joes now giving you different opinions. Go make your decision. Larry framber Valdez, remember when Welsh wanted to get rid of him and I said, no, it's a bad idea. Well, guess what Welsh isn't here. I warned you, Welsh, I warned you, and I could say that now and he's not around ten strikeouts for Frambury. Yesterday it was against the Marlins, but still Tobias Myers eight scoreless, hitting six strikeouts. This twenty five year old is now at a three to one three era a one point one to three whip sixty two strikeouts to twenty walks in seventy two winnings. So the strikeout rate isn't quite elite, But Myers is a guy I don't think we've talked about on this show all year long, Joe, this rotation seems a little iffy for me. For the Milwaukee Brewers, the rest of season, teams held together with kind of you know, magic and strings and illusions. I don't know what it's held together with right now, barely Freddy Parlton and some other things. What do you make of Myerson? Do you think this is a guy that you can count on the rest of the season, because so far it's been pretty good for him.
Speaker 2: It has been pretty good. I think that he has been a bit lucky two sixty two Babbitt. He's stranding nearly eighty five percent of base runners. Not a ton of strikeouts there. I think if you're in a shallow league, he's a little risky. Yeah, Eddie's comment here is kind of where I'm going as well. I think he's good, and I think if you're playing in those deep fifteen team leagues NL only, then he's definitely viable. Once you're talking like standard size ten and twelve teamers, I think he's more of a streamer than somebody that's like I got to get him on my roster type of player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also go back to that Xander conversation. I just double checked too, because I thought Xander qualified it both also, so eligibility shouldn't be your tiebreaker safety with him, Nez, that's fair. Upside with Xander Bogarts, that's fair too. I don't think you'n go wrong. Honestly, trade one of them, like trade whoever's gonna bring you back the most, because if you don't have a room for both, that's what you want to do. Uh. Julia Rodriguez big day yesterday we talked about right, yay, we were all excited or two days ago, I should say now, because we talked about it yesterday. Four for four with the Homer Weile. He struck out four times on Wednesday. So there you go. The ups and downs of Julie Rodriguez continue. Let's have a little fun. Paul Seawald actually saved the game yesterday. That's a good time. Ezekiel Tovar actually got some hits, two of them, and Max Meyer gave up one run in six innings for Triple A yesterday. So Joe, it looks like six innings were stretching Max Meyer back out. Are we gonna see him when we come back from the All Star break? I say, yes, what say you?
Speaker 2: We should have seen him a while ago, so I think that yes, he probably will be up after the All Star break. The guys that they're trotting out there. You know, we do this all the time, Joe. We look at baseball names all the time, and sometimes I look at a Marlin starting pitcher It's like, who is this guy? Again? Max Meyer was really really great when he was up earlier in the season, and he's got a great pedigree, great minor league pedigree, high strikeout upside. I don't know what they're doing, I really don't. I think the team is just a huge mess this season. The general manager came out at the end of April and said they were throwing in the towel for the year. So I don't know exactly what to expect her how much we can trust them. But he should be up if you have room to stash him, if you've a minor league spot or something. I think the talent is definitely there that it's worthwhile. But if they waited another month after the All Star break, I wouldn't be shocked by that either just based on how things have gone.
Speaker 1: Kim Ing left and everything just reverted back. It felt like she came in there, cleaned up the mess, made them respectable, made them a playoff team. I mean, hello, made the Marlins a playoff team. I wish the Mets were a playoff team once in a while. And Lee, I did see her comment about Brandon Nimols. Well maybe we'll get to talk with him a second. But seriously, like then they she wanted more power, They told her no, she left, and guess what, We're right back to being the Marlins again. I don't understand this at all, and it is laughable. I agree with you that Max Meyer is where he is, like as if somehow the games were gonna matter more for them in September than they would in April in May, like let this kid pitch. I don't know what they were doing. It's crazy. I think of all the time wasted it would rather just give him one hundred and fifteen innings or whatever it is at the major league level and just shut him down at the end of the year when those games really don't matter for you. At least you might have been able to sell to your fan base. Hey, look, we're being competitive. We're doing some stuff here just ridiculous. Let's get to the rookie. Lookie, good things there, Joey low Perfido went Yard, Ben Rice, Alex Vverdugo in Wednesday's lineup. A little bit of a switch there. Rice went from leadoff to cleanup. I like Rice more as a leadoff guy for the Yankees. I think they need that OBP as that engine. He's got a very high career OBP in the minor leagues. I don't like this move. What do you think about this?
Speaker 2: It's not my favorite. I don't know why Alex like what is Alex Vdugo?
Speaker 1: Dad?
Speaker 2: It's almost insulting to Soto and Judge to have to do go in front of him. Ben Rice has been great. You know he's getting on. For fantasy point of view, you got a catcher eligible guy who's not catching, who's hitting in front of those two guys. It's like he's probably a top ten catcher at that point. Now if he's behind them, that's still really beautiful for fantasy purposes. Maybe you exchange a few runs for Ribby's. But I don't really understand it. I don't know what they're doing there with Dugo. He's not been good for a while. I know that there was a good stretch earlier in the season, but I'm just really confused by it. I'm really confused by it.
Speaker 1: I don't get it at all. I know Rice has been swinging a hot power bat, but the whole point with Rice is you want him at the top of the order, protected by the big boys, where he's gonna see fastballs, and you want the OBP so he's there. So these guys aren't hitting solo home runs and Ary Judges is hitting two and three run home runs. That's what you want. So this is stupid, stupid by the Yankees. Mason Miller another rookie. Lookie here, fifteenth save of the year. It's no small feet considering get pitches for the A's cold. Keith stays hot. We talked about him all day yesterday. If you missed it, go back and watch or just watch the Waiver Wire video which is on Fantasy pros MLB. Another good day for him. He had a triple and an RBI yesterday. Brooks Lee another homer, another one of our guys too. We talked about yesterday and we've been talking about for weeks before he got called up, so hopefully you were head of the curve there. So another good day for the rookies, which is nice considering April and may not great. June a little better, July starting to come together for the rookies, a little bit. Three up and three down. Michael King was really good. He struck out nine guys, but he still lost and I made money. Yay, let's go Mariners. Somehow that happened. I got lucky on that one. Nick Pavetta ten strikeouts of his own in six and two thirds against the A's. More on the a's to come here as we get to the bets and showed to Imanaga six strikeouts, six shoutout innings against the Orioles Inmanaga. That was a tough contest for him on paper, a real test. What'd you think of how he came out after you know, some spotty performances over the last five or six starts for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a little bit up and down, which I think we had to kind of expect. You know, the term aggression gets thrown around, but you're just not gonna carry like a sub one and a half sub to era for the whole season. So I think those starts where he did get knocked around a little bit were thosequote unquote regression games fewer than three earned runs and fifteen out of seventeen starts this season. It's just those two blow ups were just so ugly. It was like ten and seven earned runs. But I think he's a solid twenty percent strike up minus walk guy. I think he's roughly a three era that the things that you got to think about. He's been a lot better away from home, and he is giving up quite a few barrels, and there will probably be a few more home runs allowed than average, but it's kind of a minor concern. I think Showeda is really really excellent.
Speaker 1: It's funny Whips was bringing up a thing about Meyer in the chat about service time manipulation. I don't think it's that because he was already up before he got hurt. So I think they that ship has sailed with him.
Speaker 2: Is that I believe Max Meyer? Is that Max Meer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what they were talking about there. It could be wrong, but I think that's what they were talking about. And Waukee Penguin definitely the core of the day shocking that a woman came in and took care of all the problems. Walk. That's why y're around, That's why I pushed for you to be here with us at Fantasy Pros full time so hard. So can you see all the mess you had to clean up? I mean, we needed Wonky Penguin around these parts. I hope you're feeling well too, Wonky. I haven't talked couple of days. Hope you're doing okay. Three down Logan Web was not okay. Seven runs, five innings, eight hits and a walk only four strikeouts. A weird year for Logan Web. I feel like every time you think it's safe, then something happens and it's bad. Frankie Montas one of the guys I wanted to trade two weeks ago because he had a couple of good starts in a row. Well, five earned runs, eight hits yesterday against the Rockies Boom and Charlie more than four runs, five strikeouts, and six and a third not great. Let's get to the injury news. Arico. We had Jordan Alvarez removed yesterday with a right hip tightness. Now, I didn't see any updates yet on this one. This doesn't sound good to me. Do we think this is just precautionary it seems like it was, Or should we be a little bit panicked here as we're getting closer to the break.
Speaker 2: I don't love it. The thing that drives me insane. It happened stealing a base? What are we doing? What are we doing? Yordat? You can hit forty five plus home runs. I don't care about a couple of steals. If this is what the cost is going to be. You know, hindsight's twenty twenty, obviously, but if he stole zero basis, I think we'd all be pretty okay with it. Just mash the ball, hit three hundred drive in one hundred and twenty runs. This is brutal. I hope it's not too serious. But it's good. We got a little bit of a break here for him to maybe recoup rate a little bit.
Speaker 1: Let's hope. I mean, I want to see him in the All Star Game. But we'll see, we'll see. This is what happens every year everybody, right before the All Star brank gap. You know, I have like a little oh here by finger, I have a tight hamstring, and next thing, you know, they just take a week off and they don't play Zach Wheeler. Good news. MRI was clean on the back, that's good. Joey Ortiz began a minor league rehab assignment. Actually he's gonna get it today. What am I saying? On the neck that was bothering him? Read Garrett goes to the aio with right elbow inflammation. So all those people that told me that Edwin Diaz wasn't gonna be the closer and read Garrett was the guy, Hey where are you? I don't see you, I don't hear you. Now come on, follow the money, follow them. Read Garrett not taking Edwin Diaz's job. And I don't want anybody to get hurt, but come on, come on, it's gonna get and hurt. Jordan Lawler re injured his hamstring. So for everybody who was panicking saying, well, Delo Santos isn't going to get his opportunity because Lawler was working his way back, that seems to have gone away. But now a dynasty perspective, here Lawler another injury. It's getting harder hard to think we're gonna see him before what September? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, even if we do, I don't think he's somebody that you gotta be stashing at this point. It's like, maybe we get a handful of games, but I don't think most people need to worry for this season. Dynasty is a different story, but a redraft and I don't think somebody need to be worrying about.
Speaker 1: No, definitely not redraft, even in deeper leagues. Right now, DL Hall's shut down from throwing for three to ten days. So he took this comebacker off his arm, and I mean, I think I just kind of brushed it off at whatever, no big deal. But apparently it is a big deal because now they're gonna wrest him from throwing for a couple days. So it must have been a pretty tough shot that he took. I didn't see it, but usually with those things like ah, yeah, it's a bruising, Gonna work my way through it. But apparently not so much. So we'll keep an eye on that. But most importantly, I think you're keeping an eye on when deal Hall gets his next rehear start, because that will then line him up in rotation again. He's not rostered in enough leagues he's gonna get a crack at this rotation out of the break at some point. Jeffrey Springs also working his way back. Three runs to earn in four innings yesterday in a rehab start, so that is positive. And Brian wu is going to start for the Mariners on Friday against the Angels. That's good too. So a lot of guys working their way back, which is nice to see out of curiosity too. When you're looking Joe at Jeffrey Springs, it's a guy that is rostered in more leagues working his way back. I know he was so great before he got hurt last year and the year before. Do you think Springs is just gonna pick up where he left off or do you see that Russ factor where maybe he is not as valuable in redraft as he is in keeper leagues.
Speaker 2: I think he's definitely more valuable in keeper leagues, but there should still be some value down the stretch. I mean, the last three games we saw to him were just so brilliant to begin last season. It's hard to think that he's going to be able to get up to quite that level. Like it was a forty four percent strike. I know it's only a couple of games, but he was I know the three Game sy Young Award last year went to Jeffrey Springs. I don't know if we're gonna see that version of him necessarily, but I think he can still be an absolute impact arm and if he's still sitting out there on your wires, I would do what you can to stash them. There's a lot of great pitchers stashes, you know. You think about de Gram and Kershaw and Robbie Ray. There's a lot of potential value in the second half, and I think Springs is definitely close to the top of that list. I think i'd probably have deGrom at the top just because of he's de Groam, but I think Springs is pretty close.
Speaker 1: I would see I would have Springs ahead because he's already pitching in games, whereas and Graham's still throwing, so I think you get him back. I would have Robbie Ray possibly over both of them, because I feel like he's ahead of all of them, and I think you're looking at you know, you know, pitching in that ballpark is gonna be a positive for him, Like, I think that's gonna be a good situation. So I'm right there with Ray and Springs. Springs I think is the probably that guy in the middle for me personally where I think, okay, he might be better than Ray, but I'm gonna get him back a little after Robbie Ray. But Joe's one hundred percent Right now's the time to look at that wave WHI are looking, you know, certain leads you're in and see are some of these guys that didn't get drafted or picked up? Are they still floating around their deal halls? Another one too, there's a lot of these arms right now floating around veterans and guys working their ways back from rotations, from injuries, I should say, working their way back into rotations. Joe, it's Thursday. You know what that means. It's time for the best bets of the day with Joey p and Joe Arico. Not the Welsh today, but that's okay, because it's always a good day. Whenever you place your bets at bet three six five bet five bucks, get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets when you use that promo code leading off at bet three sixty five. Make sure you're eighteen or over in Kentucky. If you have a gambling problem called one hundred gambler or one eight hundred bets off in Iowa. Terms and conditions apply. Let's go back here and take a look at some of the bets that we have laid out. Joe Rico joining us today for the best bets of the day. Welsh on vacation for the next day and two Thursday and Friday. Actually, I'm looking at Pittsburgh's money line. Paul Skins on the mound against Milwaukee minus one twenty five. The juice is heavy, but I'm willing to go heavy onto this year the Milwaukee Brewers offense. I don't think it's going to be a match for Paul Skeens. We'll see it is on the road. But still I like Skeens today in this one. I also like Chicago Cubs on the money line, coming off a big win yesterday with showta Imanaga against Burns. Maybe the Oriols hitting a little bit of a slow patch heading into the break. Maybe Justin Steal getting his first win last week. Now we're back to Justin Steele today. You're getting plus money on this one plus one twelve. I like that. Also, I like the alternate seven plus k's for ten or how you can get right now at plus one thirty two. Why because it's against the Oakland A's and they're the gift that keeps on giving. They gave up ten strikeouts yesterday. To his counterpartner, I think, how can go over seven today? Joe? What do you have for the people for the best bets of the day.
Speaker 2: We were actually on the same page for a couple of these because I looked at Tanner. How can I saw that line? It was pretty I think the actual was four and a half or something. It's like, did you guys not see what Paveda and Beyos.
Speaker 1: Was the jus is? So here's what you do with that, Joe. The juice was so heavy it was like minus one sixty I think for that. So what you do is you can take that, put it with the money line, maybe get it up to even money or close to it, that's fine, or you take the run line if you really think you know that will push it a little bit further, maybe to even or even plus one fifteen plus one twenty range. But that's the problem is it's juice so high, So I'd rather go for the bigger strikeout number. But to Joe's point, everybody, if you're looking for a safe bet. Take the heavily juiced k prop that's low, like five and a half for how today or six that's depending on where you're going, and then take the run line that should get you into plus money or pretty close to it. Joe, what are the other things you're on too?
Speaker 2: So being a company man, these are all at bet three six five, So check out Paul Skans. It's kind of a combo bet with Joe there. Paul Skan's over seven and a half strikeouts. It seems kind of maybe not disrespectful, but maybe they haven't fully realized the books that Skins like just look at every start eight nine, eight, seven, eight, eight, nine eleven, it's like the guy is almost certain to go over. Now, Milwaukee's a tough offense, but of those elite offenses, they strike out more than any other team with a top ten WORC plus, so they do scare you a little bit offensively, but they do also strikeout, So that is something that I would be looking at seven and a half. It's minus one forty, so a little bit juiced, but I still think, like you never say free money, but Paul Skians seven strikeouts, eight strikeouts, that feels very, very easy to come by, and then the Dodgers are a little bit disrespected. Today they're plus money on the money line. They're facing Aaron Nola, but Aaron Nola has struggled a little bit as of late, and the Dodgers are kind of due this week. They have been two runs, three runs, one run. It's been kind of a slow week, and I think there's only so long you can keep the Dodgers down for to go along with Nola, who hasn't been quite as sharp over the last month. So you're getting plus one twenty five on the Dodgers' money line. I think that's a pretty juicy one. And then to kind of combo with that, it's Land and Knack over four and a half strikeouts, which is also plus money at plus one ten. He's got six and seven strikeouts each of the last two games, and he didn't go five innings in either of them. And the Phillies actually strike out a decent bit here, So I think either one of those on their own are pretty good. If you're really feeling the Dodgers, you can combine both of those at plus money and get yourself a pretty sweet deal as well. So Paul Skian's over seven and a half a Dodgers money line, and then land a knack over four and a half strikeouts. Those are my bets.
Speaker 1: There you go, those are the best bets of the day. Download the Betting Pros app too, start petting smarter, not harder. It's a great way for you to just to make some picks there, have some fun. You can follow us at bettingpros dot com slash Joe and slash Welsh as well. I think Arico might be on there as well. I don't know, we got not yet. All right, well, at least use the app because Joe will tell you. I'll tell you it is gonna be an absolute game changer, especially as we get to NFL season. So if you haven't taken a look at it yet, use it. Sink your sports books for free, and start betting smarter, not harder. Those are the best bets of the day for a Thursday in Major League Baseball. All right, Joe, a little bit of news here too, before we get to the home run calls Elie de la Cruz not in the lineup today. If you're in daily trans leagues, you're watching live, get him out of it. Drew Gilbert is back in the lineup today too for the Mets, doing with a hamstring issue. He has not been great, but I'm bringing this up because he was the prospect that came over from the Astros. And apparently the Astros have been talking to the Mets too, asking about Severino and Pete Alonso. So I don't know what's left in that cupboard for the Houston Astros that they want to move, because that would take a lot, I think, to get those two guys in a deal. But with the way Justin Verlander has struggled to be healthy this year, losing Christian Haaveyer in this rotation, Severino is not surprising that people are going to be asking about him because he's been pretty good. And I think the Mets are more realistic. They're thinking this is more of a long term project. So what do you make of this news here? It was broken by the way by uh, let's see who was it from the Athletic It was Jim Bowden over there, So what do you make of this rumor floating around?
Speaker 2: I think it would be why for the Mets to trade Severino. I don't know how much I really trust him, especially for future years. Like ever you start with Severino, it feels like there's a few walks, and it feels like he's a little bit fortunate to come away with only one or two or three year in runs. I feel like if they can trade him the real life Cell High kind of deal, that would make sense. Now, like you mentioned, what is going to be going back at this point, I'm not sure. I'm not a huge, huge prospect guy. Would be crazy to say, like a Loperfido for Severino. Is that is that too wild? I'm not no.
Speaker 1: See, that's where my head went to right away, because look, if we're bringing in Alonso, you know you're having a play every day. He's that spot and that's been a void for them. A Brawer didn't work out, Singleton was never gonna work out. Now, if you're gonna give me Loperfito and another prospect, maybe a little deeper one, Welsh is the best prospect guy out there, him and ere a cross crush those things. But I would say that's where the deal has to start. And I like that deal for the Mets because low Perfido goes and becomes an everyday player right away from your first base, and you are starting, and then you have Mauricio playing at second base. Next year, you have Lindor at third, you have Vento's excuse me, Lindora at short, Vientos at third. All of a sudden, you're looking up. You're the Mets, like, hey, we've got this young team here. You got Alvarez behind the plate, Nimo is still out there under long time on track. All of a sudden, the Mets look like a team that's looking like young and impactful and could be really good. Maybe, you know, we start flipping some other prospects. I don't know. At some point they have such a haul. Maybe then they start inverting and saying, okay, let's go acquire some more pitching help next year. But interesting one for sure. Let's look at the home run board. I'm still at twenty four, hanging on there. I haven't had a home run all week. That's gross, that's terrible. I hate it. So, Joe, I'm gonna call my home run today when Rafael devers against those a's. I'm just beating up on the a's today because it just feels right and it's easy and it's fun. Joe, Rico, you got a home run call for today, and have you been partaking in our little contest or you're just gonna have a little fun here today.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a little fun. But also I'm coming for you guys. You know, I'm gonna be doing these more often in the second half. We're gonna see if I can catch up here, catch a little bit of fire. I'm going to Albe Marte, who had a you know, it's been a bit of an up and down ride for him since he's return, but he started to pick things up. He went three for four yesterday and he gets that beautiful matchup with Austin Ober today. The classic gombring is usually in effect when he's on the mound, so I think it's a good spot for Noelvie to take one out of the park today. I really like him, and I am coming for you guys there. I'm gonna be on that board by the end of the season. It's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Well, Joe, the winner does get a signed Vladimir Guerrero Junior bat So if anybody would enjoy that, it would be you. And there's plenty of time left again. You can join our discord. It's free, it's fun. Fantasypros dot com slash chat Again. That's where you go, and we got a lot of stuff going on there. And when you're a premium member, you have opportunities to do cool stuff like pick home runs and win fabulous prizes. Speaking of fabulous prizes, Fantasypros dot com slash MLB review, go drop a five star review of the show again Fantasypros dot com slash mlbreview. Because in the days ahead, we're finally giving away the Orlando Cabrera jersey. I'm very excited about that. Mike Mayer's in charge of this, so he has taken it to a new level. I love the throwback jersey favorite. I know you're a j guy, but come on, favorite old school Montreal expo for you? Maybe not too old school. I know you're a younger guy. Do you even remember the expos?
Speaker 2: Come on? Come on? Of course, of course I remember the expos. I'd have to say, well, maybe Pedro, maybe Pedro or a Vlad Senior that would be my my guys there probably I.
Speaker 1: Got to watch Vlad Senior play in person in that Olympic stadium for a weekend against Ken Griffy Adam Dunn in the Reds, and it was so fun watching Vlattie just with that Howitz erened right field just a cannon for an arm so fun to watch. And I missed the French scoreboard. I do. I love the scoreboard in French. I had no idea what was going on. The hot dogs tasted weird. I did drink upie cough medicine and I've never been the same since. But luckily that's had a positive effect. We will be back tomorrow to do it all again, so make sure you join us here Fantasy Bros. MLB. That'll do it for us, but the story goes on for Joe Arico. I'm Joe p Zapia. We'll see you next time. Kids. Enjoy your baseball today.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB