Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 1: We were in a race with some very sick people. They're liars, they just lie, They lie about everything. And I was going to hit her really hard on the trail today, but now I don't have to because she's off. She's off.
Speaker 3: No, I can't get off for it.
Speaker 2: Who the hell takes off?
Speaker 1: You have fourteen days left, and she'll take a couple of more days off too.
Speaker 4: You know why.
Speaker 1: She's lazy as hell, and she's got that reputation.
Speaker 5: It is curious, according to a lot of democratic strategies on the left, why she doesn't have a more packed schedule.
Speaker 3: I don't actually know.
Speaker 5: I mean, she's got some really smart people running her campaign.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they have decided that.
Speaker 5: In the modern world, that whole traveling around hitting rallies doesn't do you any good.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know what their theory is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it could be, if I'm going to be fair, it could be they have some research, some theory of the case that that it doesn't do any good, although I would need to have that explain to me because they still do a fair amount of it.
Speaker 2: It's just a much lighter schedule.
Speaker 6: She is kind of famously not into doing the work unless she has to.
Speaker 3: Unless that work. I'm not going to say that.
Speaker 6: Oh oh oh, I'll bet I know where you were going. You were gonna mention Willie Brown, weredn't you You're gonna mention, you know, getting ahead the hard way. Weren't you a rare pullback for me? Sexist pig even thinking it is sin enough for me?
Speaker 2: Oh Katie, you want some of that? It's like, wait a minute, we're going over going.
Speaker 3: I can help you go there anytime.
Speaker 6: We're hitting Kamalan being a hell hard working gal.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I heard I heard a great joke that Kamala got mixed up that she worked at McDonald's.
Speaker 3: She actually worked at five Guys and in and out.
Speaker 5: O no o, No, that's just that's over the line appropriate.
Speaker 3: I wish it hadn't been on our show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and uh if perhaps at the you know, the places where the powerful gathered in Sacramento. She was well known to many of the clientele because she's a stunning conversationalist and not not anything like Katie was inting at.
Speaker 2: Anyway, where were we?
Speaker 6: Ah, So as Kamala inexplicably takes the day off, which is utterly unprecedent, jd Vance is working the interview circuit and doing interviews and the rest of it. Uh. He was talking to THEO Vaughn, whose name I didn't recognize at all. He's a media personality. I guess he got a start on the real world on MTV. Nothing it matters he did.
Speaker 5: He he's been a stand up comedian in his whole life, and he's like hugely successful stand up comedian. I mean, like at the top tier, like you know with here John Mulaney and right and Louis c k. I mean he's in that category. Yeah, And you know, it's funny. I was just reading I think it was the Wall Street Journal. I was talking about this gallery whose name I don't recall. But she got her start on one of those MTV Teenaged and Pregnant shows or something like that, I don't know. And now she's a social media influencer and publishing influencer with millions of followers, and she does book reviews and like a book club and stuff like that, and she's now super influential. So you know, where people get to their start to me is way overstated. You know, they had a nose for the media or whatever, and they started here and now they're there. The money in podcasting is interesting. I mean, we're in podcasting. But I saw Louis c k on Theobonn's podcast a couple of years ago and he said, I.
Speaker 3: Can't believe you're doing this as much as you are.
Speaker 5: I mean, is the money that much better than being one of the biggest comedians in America?
Speaker 3: And he didn't really answer that question, but it must be.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, and you just you don't have to travel constantly tru which is nice. One of the reasons I got into radio, honestly was I thought, Wow, I can do that sort of thing and not have to hit the road all the time. Anyway, so Jade Vance is hitting the road. He was talking to seovon the other day and that thought. As usual, he made a fabulous, articulate case for you know, the right side of the aisle.
Speaker 7: We's start with seventy Michael and see how it goes. The other thing that people don't realize about the cartels. Man is is one we're talking about some very dark and dangerous people. Like this is not some guy who's like dealing, you know, selling joints on a college campus. These are like they're doing sex trafficking. They're they're they're they're they're getting eleven ten year old girls involved in the sex trade. Yeah, they're like very evil people, dictator type of which is absolutely vile. And it's it's like, why why are we making it easier for these this like massive criminal organizations to get richer and richer and richer, Like we should be trying to make him poor.
Speaker 6: That is I hear to make the point with kind of different verbiage in a more formal setting, But he was talking about how if we enabled them to profit mightily from the coyote business, the you know, the human trafficking, sex trafficking, all those terms we've talked about this many times have not made it more clear what's happening. They make it less clear, Like you know, a pat on the butt and forcible rape for both sexual assault, that doesn't illuminate that the clouds using that term anyway. But when we enrich them and give them more power, they further disrupt Mexico, they import more fentanyl, they slaughter more politicians, and get more and more power in Mexico. It could be argued that we ought to do whatever opposes the cartels, even if it would.
Speaker 2: Do us good to go along with them. The fact that it's it's not.
Speaker 6: It's doing us damage to quote unquote go along with them by opening up the.
Speaker 2: Borders and it empowers them. It's just obscene.
Speaker 6: Don't get me started on propping up social security and the rest of it another day, perhaps rolling on.
Speaker 8: Well, it's also it's obviously one of the biggest enemies, that's right. It's like if there were an enemy that were killing if somebody, if there were somebody shooting in your country every day and killing people, at a certain point, you go over there, if you send your military there, or do something to say, hey, that's right, you're not going to be you. We're not gonna let you do this anymore. That's basically what's happening, right.
Speaker 7: Can you can you imagine if if if Mexico sent gunmen across the border and killed seventy thousand Americans year, because that's about what dies from finanol, we would be in a major war, right, you know, we just absolutely would be the case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let them roll on.
Speaker 7: So the other thing that's crazy about this is so these cartels and you see this.
Speaker 2: Graphic that's pretty pretty interesting there.
Speaker 7: But the cartels are going to start to destabilize the country of Mexico. Like do you know do you this name Pablo Escobar?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, So like the Colombian cartels in the seventies were as powerful as like the Colombian government, right, it was a narco state. You don't want that to happen, like right at the American southern border, where the drug cartels have more power than the Mexican government, that's just going to be chaotic. It's going to be basically a warlike atmosphere on our southern border.
Speaker 2: That's bad news.
Speaker 6: JD is really gifted in adjusting his delivery to different audiences.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I actually would like to hear that podcast because they both grew up the same way. Theovon his whole act is that he grew up so poor in the South, and like one of his things is like, there was no racism where I lived because we were all broke.
Speaker 3: None of us had any money whatsoever.
Speaker 5: So there wasn't any judging anybody by the race or blaming anybody else because we none of us had any money. Also, Theovon's bit about meeting Brad Pitt, you should google that chat YouTube video sometimes very hilarious, but I'd like to hear them talking about their poor backgrounds and growing up and see where they landed politically on that. I'm still somewhat confused by jd. Vance since he's been a couple of different kinds of people as an adult.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, and he's savvy enough to know that until you're the head guy, you go with the game plan. You can accuse him of being you know, flip flopper or whatever, or inconsistent, but that's politics.
Speaker 5: Do you think jd Vance is a big future of the Republican Party. I think it's entirely possible. Since he just turned forty, I think yeah.
Speaker 2: And I'm not.
Speaker 6: Intending to be like Hedgy or whatever. It's just it's really hard to say. It's like, you know, a top NFL prospect. Do you think they will be an important part of the Patriots for the next decade.
Speaker 2: It's entirely possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you never know who's coming along. I mean, nobody saw Barack Obama coming. You know, a couple of years before he's the president of the United States.
Speaker 6: You'd have bet your house Hillary was a nominee and be the president, right. Jason Riley of The Wall Street Journal brilliant black man talking about why are Democrats losing black voters as usual? It's a very reasonable and down to earth A couple of thoughts. Maybe we can hit that later on the hour.
Speaker 5: Can America handle this next couple of weeks and then what it looks like afterwards, regardless of who wins? And I think I don't think this is just my bias. I think it's true. I think Kamala Harris wins, and many many people are disappointed, but things are fine, and we you know, wait till next time. With some flare ups and some ugliness, Trump wins. I would guess what do you mean by flare ups and ugliness?
Speaker 6: Kind of isolated angry people, this crazy claim that maybe a little damage here and there, but isolated in short term.
Speaker 5: Trump wins, There's going to be chaos in the streets, bordered a border, maybe.
Speaker 6: For weeks like the five s storm, right for months at a time.
Speaker 5: Sorry to interrupts because that's good comparison, and so I really think that's the situation we're in forward to it since it looks like Trump's gonna win, at least if the election were held today. Uh, you could come in any time you want. Four one, five, two nine five KFTC are strong.
Speaker 3: You see this.
Speaker 7: Ahead of the new NBA season, Busts and Celtics head coach Joe Mozilla was asked whether his team feels pressure as the defending champions.
Speaker 2: Had very interesting answer, what's this.
Speaker 3: What kind of pressure do you have? Do you feel to kind of maximize this opportunity.
Speaker 7: That you have with this both zero long, no pressure.
Speaker 5: Be dead soon. It really doesn't matter anymore. So there's zero pressure. That's the spirit.
Speaker 3: So Okay, he didn't have a joke to that, He just played it.
Speaker 5: Okay, that is an interesting way to I mean, it's true, and it is a way sometimes to calm him down in a pressure situation. But uh, yeah, but that's interesting. We're all gonna be dead soon. It doesn't really matter, so.
Speaker 6: Now let's not get all freaked out about this. Yeah, how funny. Hey follow up on one of the big stories of the day, which is the well, the whole Trump like Hitler, according to various people, just ridiculousness, mostly Mark Halpern also saying that he's been pitched a story that would quote unquote end Trump's campaign. Well, he wants to clarify after that went viral. He said the comment was made to warn people of actors who are trying to influence the election. He added he isn't pursuing the story because he doesn't think it's true.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 6: The point I was making his actors who want a certain outcome are on social media and in pitches to reporters, and in the case of Atlantic Jeffrey Goldberg, are trying to affect the end of the race because they're so desperate to try to pull a comy. I'm not pursuing the story. I don't think it's true. All I'm saying is there are people out there pitching stuff making that claim.
Speaker 5: I don't think most people care if it's true or not. They would love to have the story out there. Doesn't even need to be true. We're in a weird place obviously. Oh yeah, and a combination of things, including the whole.
Speaker 3: It's a TV show we all watch.
Speaker 5: It's our only shared TV show is the presidential election, and there's just like different episodes with different character development stuff like that. I'm not sure stuff being true matters to people. The way him getting shot came and went as like just an interesting episode of the TV show is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, week in which the House Task Force released a report towards the end of Monday, I think criticizing the Secret Service for a quote, lack of planning and coordination, which is an underplayed headline. They absolutely laid waste to the Secret Service's reputation. This is the preliminary edition of the report. It's absolutely devastating release Monday criticized the Secret Service for a lack of planning and coordination with local officials during the tragic and preventable July thirteenth assassination attempt on Donald Jay, in which he was grazed on the ear and a fabulous man was killed in front of his family. Let's not forget the other victims. The information I'm quoting from the fifty one page report. The information obtained during the first phase of the Task forces investigation clearly shows a lack of planning and coordination between the Secret Service and its law enforcement partners before the rally, the Secret servis did not give any guidance that is a quote, did not give any guidance to local authorities about quote the placement, role and responsibilities of their snipers. According to the task force, which conducted twenty three interviews, state and local law enforcement reviewed thousands of pages documents.
Speaker 2: Et cetera.
Speaker 6: While three local officials spotted gunman Thomas Crooks at around five PM, noting his suspicious behavior and manner, that information did not reach the Secret Service until forty or fifty minutes later. Officials attributed the lapse in communication to the absence of a central command system with the agency. They had no way to interact centrally. The Secret Service also did not send agents to two security briefings held by local authorities on the morning of the rally or include local officials in its own meetings.
Speaker 2: They just held totally separate meetings. I'm not going to EARS. Well, I'm not going to ears.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is so sloppy.
Speaker 6: One Pennsylvania State Police officer bizarrely quote was invited to the ten am social Secret Service.
Speaker 2: They just used letters here and it's confusing me.
Speaker 6: Pennsylvania State cop said, I was invited to the ten am Secret Service briefing by one agent, then subsequently asked to leave by another.
Speaker 2: They told them, hey, you're not supposed to be here. They kicked him out.
Speaker 6: The House report echoed a Senate interim report polished last month, which also found that a series of stunning operational and communications failures by the Secret Service directly contributed to crooks being able to take multiple shots at Trump. Senator Gary Peters quote, every single one of those failures was preventable, and the consequences of those failures were dire.
Speaker 5: God, if he hadn't turned his head, can you imagine this report if Trump had been killed?
Speaker 6: Wow, the chaos, the ugliness that the state of the United States would be, well, it's unimaginable.
Speaker 2: Large. I'm glad we don't have to take it in a.
Speaker 5: Large chunk of the country that would absolutely believe that the government was in on taking out Trump.
Speaker 6: As we discussed at the time, the alternate is to believe a level of incompetence by the Secret Service that runs counter to and that's an understatement everything we've ever been led to believe about the Secret Service. And so if you're being asked to swallow that enormous pill of what do you mean they didn't even talk to the local cops or talk about how they could reach each other. I don't believe you. Well, yeah, if you believe that the left and the secret service in the government assassinated Donald J. Trump, the ugliness that would have been unleashed as well, I'd rather not consider it.
Speaker 5: So the story of the day, if your mainstream media or left or I repeat myself, I guess, is that Trump said nice things about Hitler and he's a want to be dick fascist according to people who worked with him. So there are a couple more wrinkles on that story. Just since we've gone on the air, we'll bring you up to speed on among other things coming up.
Speaker 7: Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 5: I was just talking to our boss and Alway and his daughter is about to vote in her first presidential election of her life, and I was just explained to him I have trouble explaining to my kids.
Speaker 3: Things didn't used to be like this.
Speaker 5: This is not the way it's always been. So this is as crazy to me as it might seem to you. My first presidential election was Reagan Mondale eighty four. I mean, could you have a less dramatic a forty nine state drubbing. I mean, could you have a less dramatic situation than that for a presidential election compared to this? So she's gonna think this is what all presidential elections are like. One candidate gets shot, the other one drops out and is replaced, and.
Speaker 2: One's Hitler, the other is a communist, etc. That's right.
Speaker 6: Well, elections have consequences, Jack, including on your tax rates. The twenty twenty five tax brackets are out and they will shock you. Actually how it works and how it breaks down. It's pretty interesting. We'll get to that this half hour.
Speaker 5: So one of the stories of the day, it's an attempt at October surprise from Jeffrey Goldberg of The Atlantic dropping this interview and article today.
Speaker 3: In which he has.
Speaker 5: And you can listen to the tapes former Trump chief of staff John Kelly, four star general, saying mostly things he's said before so.
Speaker 3: About Trump praising.
Speaker 5: Hitler and whatnot, and how he's absolutely a fascist and authoritarian and wants to rule like a dictator and that.
Speaker 3: Sort of stuff.
Speaker 5: Boy, if you haven't had your change mind changed by that, perhaps Joy Behar of The View will.
Speaker 9: Make an impact I don't even know what to say anymore. If people still follow this fascist pig, then I don't know what else to say.
Speaker 2: I really don't.
Speaker 9: It's like, how many times do we have to hear hear say that referring to immigrants as animals? And Hitler calls cleansing Germany of all those parasites referring to immigrants, and he called Jews lice, and.
Speaker 5: And that's Joey Behar running down a list of some of the negative qualities of made off Hitler in case you didn't know them.
Speaker 6: Eyeing them sort of things that Trump said that were somewhat similar anyway, So well, I'm sure Hitler at some point said boy, it's a nice day today. That doesn't make me some sort of Hitler figure for saying I love the weather.
Speaker 3: My final solution would include getting rid of the view. I'll tell you that. Oh gi uh.
Speaker 5: What was I going to say? I shocked myself out of my own train of thought. Oh, the kind of mainstream Ish media. And I realize the view leans one way politically pretty hard, but.
Speaker 3: Do you really think you do any good?
Speaker 5: All you do is take people who are Yeah, I mean, god, I don't know if I can pull the lever for Trump. Okay, now I can. That's all you do with that sort of stuff. I think, Yeah, maybe I'm wrong. Anderson Cooper on CNN said this is the death knell to any candidacy about the shocking view of some of Trump's own generals calling him be a would be dictator.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see, Anderson, Calm down there, my lad. No, it's not so.
Speaker 3: We will see.
Speaker 5: Kamala is doing a town hall on CNN tonight in which she will, in theory, be taking unrehearsed, unprepared questions from people in the crowd. That lends an opportunity for some real word salary, and we might have that for you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Saladary well placed here.
Speaker 6: So the new tax brackets are out, it will take more income to reach it's higher tax bracket after the roughly two point eight percent inflation adjustment, which is, you know, somewhat interesting.
Speaker 2: It's we've always.
Speaker 6: Excuse me, your allergies bothering. You might have been kind of bad lately.
Speaker 3: I just saw something might have too. I just saw something galarious.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Marc Calprin, they're playing a clip up on Maybe that's on the view Actually so, when Mark Alpern was on Tucker Carlson the other night, he was talking about how he's repeated this a lot. He thinks if Trump wins, half the country is going to have a mental crisis. But I had never heard him expound on it. And he said, and I was just reading it on the thing up there. He said, they're gonna be out. There's gonna be alcoholism, broken marriages, parents fighting at kid's birthday parties.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, that's a funny way to put it. But each of those examples, Yeah, he's right.
Speaker 5: That sort of stuff happened through COVID. I could believe it happening through Trump winning.
Speaker 6: Riots in the street, marches of various people wearing ill advised hats. I mean, you name it, you name it, man. I'd like to keep talking about that, but I promised this. We've long railed against the idea of unadjusted for cost of living tax rates. If you are making, you know, two hundred thousand dollars in San Francisco, you're getting your bills paid, but you're struggling. If you're making two hundred thousand dollars in hogs Wall up to Tennessee, you're the richest guy in town. Yeah, exactly. So, although you know, I'd actually like to talk to economists and experts about if that could be done or if that would cause other, you know, imbalances in the economy. That's an interesting topic for another day. But so here's how your taxes actually work. Do we want to do single or married filing jointly? I'm sure we have a lot of folks in either camp listening to the show. Yeah, we don't. I do single just because it's light least simpler. Well, now I'll do both.
Speaker 5: So well is Kleatus and hogs Wallop? Is he marries probably married or common law common law marriage? Yeah, that's right. They've got three kids. They've been sharing the same roof, Frank.
Speaker 6: So, your first twelve thousand dollars or so is a single tax filer, you get taxed at ten percent. Then the next what is that thirty six thousand dollars that you make, gets taxed at twelve percent. The next fifty five thousand dollars you make gets taxed at twenty two percent, The next.
Speaker 2: I gotta do the math.
Speaker 6: Every time ninety four thousand dollars you make gets taxed at twenty four percent, and on up the ladder. The highest tax income tax bracket federal tax at this point is thirty seven percent.
Speaker 3: And nobody including me ever sits down and figures that out for themselves.
Speaker 6: But right, yeah, it's not that every dime is taxed at thirty seven percent, although honestly, as a single filer, you got to be making six hundred and twenty six grand.
Speaker 5: But every extra dime is which to me, oh discourages, you know, wanting to make more money at a certain point.
Speaker 6: Right And honestly, you know you can look at that and say, well, you got to have be making six hundred and twenty six grand a year, which is some sweet coin man to be taxed at thirty seven percent. But remember everything from one hundred and ninety seven k up is at least thirty two percent, So a third of your income or more is going to the federal government, never mind your states. It's it's somewhat higher for married filing jointly, although not as much higher as you might think. In some cases, you have to be making three quarters of a million essentially to be hit with the highest tax rate, although everything from three hundred and ninety four on up has been taxed a third or more of your income. The threshold for the top federal income tax bracket we'll climb by about twenty thousand dollars next year for a married couple because of inflation. The standard deduction rises to fifteen thousand dollars for individuals in twenty twenty five, up from fourteen to six this year.
Speaker 5: All I know is the rich don't pay their fair share, as I've heard over No.
Speaker 2: Well, that was idiotic.
Speaker 6: Uh, yes, correct, Yeah, one percent of taxpayers pay forty eight percent of income tax. Say that again, one percent of taxpayers pay forty eight percent.
Speaker 2: That's the latest figure. I've heard so many different.
Speaker 3: So one percent pay half.
Speaker 5: And my question, which I never hear ask is because I'll bet Kamala Harris uses that phrase tonight. I'd be shocked if she doesn't in her ninety minute town hall and CNN not at some point say I'm going to make the rich pay their fair share. And I wish somebody would say, hey, one percent pay half. What would what's the fair amount for for one percent to pay?
Speaker 3: If half is low, what would.
Speaker 5: Be the correct amount of all taxes in the country.
Speaker 3: One percent of people are paying half. What should it be?
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, let's see, I've got to get off my screen.
Speaker 5: And how do you structure society around that? When then you have a whole bunch of people who don't care how much money is wasted because they don't pay taxes or very much taxes.
Speaker 3: That's the biggest problem to me.
Speaker 6: Let's see this goes back to twenty twenty one, because it takes a while to compile these figures, but I was slightly off. The top one percent pay forty six percent.
Speaker 5: Probably federal income probably were't off much because it has grown since then.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: The top five percent pay two thirds again of the income taxes.
Speaker 2: Income tax is paid.
Speaker 5: I got to believe that most people would consider the top five percent rich, So five percents paying two thirds of all the taxes. If that's not fair, Please tell me what number you think would be fair? Should it be all of it? I mean, what would be fair to you? If that's wildly not fair for five percent of people to be paying two thirds.
Speaker 6: Orth mentioning that they are making forty two percent of the adjusted gross income, so in my world, they would be paying forty two percent of the federal taxes. Obviously, if you want to have a carve out for the very poor, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: It's been part of our system more or less forever.
Speaker 5: But right, but you have way if you got half the country he doesn't pay taxes, he got way too many people to have no reason to care about spending. No wonder, you can't get anywhere with an argument about debt and spending.
Speaker 3: Half the country pays no taxes, why would they care?
Speaker 6: Well, more specifically, the bottom fifty percent of households pays just over two percent of federal income tax so a negligible amount. They are making ten percent of adjusted income for what it's worth, but paying two percent of the taxes. So no, they don't get a damn government spending at all. That is half of taxpayers, folks.
Speaker 2: Half. That's not accidental.
Speaker 6: We've seen a play out over the years in California where it's been done more effectively and insidiously than the Feds could even dream of, where the tax base is so narrow. In California, the vast majority of income taxpayers, I should say, now everybody's getting soaked for gas tax gas taxes and sales taxes and that sort of thing, and you think they'd be more intent on reforming California government, but they're not.
Speaker 2: For whatever reason.
Speaker 6: The inability of people to connect elections to policy to results is I mean, I just have to accept that as being reality, but it is astonishing to me. I guess people are too busy with the other aspects of their life. If I'm going to be charitable but not understanding, Yes, we have elections, then these people they pass policies. And that's why the world is what it is. As you look around you, what part of that do you not get?
Speaker 2: Crime?
Speaker 6: Junkies, drugs, the high taxes, all of it. Anyway, It's an old song and nobody wants to hear it anymore.
Speaker 3: All I know is I'm glad we got to hear from joy behar.
Speaker 2: So is she an obnoxious bee? Ugh?
Speaker 5: Got a couple of baseball things to mention to you as the World Series approaches, among other things, on the way we will finish strongs to hear.
Speaker 7: Armstrong.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 10: YETI there are the great characters produced in sports, and this season's great character is a young fellow named Fernando Vealanzuela, who has produced a kind of baseball fever known as Fernando Mania.
Speaker 3: It's a fairy tale.
Speaker 2: Soul, preposterous.
Speaker 3: DoD your fans, They're not open their eye. El Nino is Fernando Vealezuela. Perhaps such early season hysteria can only be born in Hollywood. What else can be said but Beava Vennezuela.
Speaker 4: Alanzuela, Clevers, Pravo got in playing r a way to start, Fernando Velanzuela and is Bert Pigley start shut out, topped in the air, foul and Fernando has his pip cut out. Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: One baseball.
Speaker 5: Fernando Valenswea died yesterday at the age of sixty three. The one thing about baseball is such a completely different game now, even than it was then. You don't get a chance to pitch five complete game shutouts. There's no way they leave you out there for the seventh inning, not a.
Speaker 3: Chance, not a chance.
Speaker 5: In fact, the bigger you start you are, the less likely it is you're gonna get to stay out there. Probably passed like I don't know, depending on the pitches, like five six innings, Yeah, which I don't like, but I guess I understand it.
Speaker 2: And speaking of.
Speaker 6: Sports in Los Angeles. We didn't mention that history was made Lebron's and Bronni James playing on the same court together last night, I think, right. I remember remember our old producer Sean used to say, that's Lebron's biggest goal years ago.
Speaker 5: Yes, was to get to play with this some someday. And I thought, because some like eight at the time, I thought, yeah, it seems unlikely.
Speaker 3: A lot of things would have to happen. Well, they have happened.
Speaker 5: He got drafted into the league, place for the same team as his dad, and they played together last night because his dad.
Speaker 2: Told the team to do that.
Speaker 6: Yes's exactly it was, quoting Jason Gay in the Journal. It was a brief cameo for Browny a little less than three minutes of the game. The only near father son highlight happened when driving, Lebron flipped his son a perfect pass for a three point shot.
Speaker 2: Which he sadly bricked. A well in the Sure to Come movie, it will be a swish.
Speaker 3: Um, can you imagine how cool that would be? Though?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's unbelievable. Step one have a child at age nineteen.
Speaker 5: True, and then be such a freak that you're still playing you know when you're forty at a high level.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I saw one of Lebron's dunks last night. It was funny because he did it while his son was on the court. He had his wind mill dunk that no, no, well, no twenty year old should be able to do, certainly no forty year old. But this giant wind mill dunk that made the crowd go wild, and his son was standing there like, holy craps.
Speaker 2: Anybody hurt?
Speaker 3: That was wild?
Speaker 5: Oh Unspeaking of sports, La sports, The World Series starts on Friday. Man, if you're in the stands for a big, historic moment, it pays off. When shoe Hey Otani hit his fiftieth home run ball into the stands, whoever caught it, the Dodgers wanted to buy it from him. Do you remember what the amount was? It wasn't big enough. It was sad.
Speaker 3: It was like one hundred grand or something like that.
Speaker 5: The guy held on to the ball and just sold it for four point three nine million dollars, most expensive baseball ever.
Speaker 3: Fire thoughts, Yes.
Speaker 2: With your host Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joel Getty.
Speaker 6: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up today, there is our technical director Michaelangelo leading us off.
Speaker 2: Michael final thought.
Speaker 7: Yeah, highly recommended the ESPN thirty on thirty documentary on Fernando Valenzuela.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: I just saw it about a month ago. Ironically cool, very good. Katie Green are esteemed to us.
Speaker 6: Woman. As a final thought, Katie, when I hear about somebody's baseball selling for four point three million, it's just like, that's fu money, and I wish I had that.
Speaker 5: If you're, like, you know, a billionaire, you wouldn't care if it was two million, four million, or eight million.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't make any difference at all in your life.
Speaker 2: So no, it's couch change. Jack final thought.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm still contemplating what could be that story that Mark Alpern claims, if it were true, would end Trump's campaign.
Speaker 3: He says he doesn't think it's true. I' I'm sure it's not.
Speaker 5: But I can't even speculate for fictional purposes what story would end Trump's campaign given his history.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, slaves in Trump Tower, I think we will know. We won't have to speculate because somebody will publish it.
Speaker 3: So you're right.
Speaker 6: My final thought, I've been one to talking about that, haven't gotten to it. The Israelis, in the wake of the pager slash, walkie talkie attacks and the rest of it, have just disclosed to the levities public where to find hundreds of millions of dollars in cash and gold.
Speaker 2: That has bla hid.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, now that's.
Speaker 2: An open secret and let the mayhem begin.
Speaker 5: Well, a smart pr move. I think this is how much they were stealing from you all these years.
Speaker 2: Right, that's great.
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour work.
Speaker 6: There, go to armstrong Giddy dot com. The hot dogs are dogs. Shirts are selling like hotcakes or hot dogs if you will. Hotlinks are great. Drop his note mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com.
Speaker 5: Who knows what the news cycle will include tomorrow?
Speaker 3: We will be here. God bless America.
Speaker 5: I'm Strong and Getty stop.
Speaker 1: Okay, so interesting and so vicious and horrible, and it's so beautiful it's almost good.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Can I understand the word you're saying?
Speaker 2: So let's go with a bang.
Speaker 6: I don't know whether to stand on my head and poof wood nickels or or move into the woods and live like a bear.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to do. That first trick would be cool. I'd paid to see then that igh note.
Speaker 3: Thanks you all very much, Armstrong and Getty