Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of The Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to.
Speaker 1: Follow us on social media for more from the whole gang.
Speaker 2: At The Rick Burgers Show. Let's show.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say America, but when I see grosetto.
Speaker 2: Italy, we are right dad.
Speaker 3: It leaves in.
Speaker 1: Hello World Athens, Greece.
Speaker 2: Therein How about everybody who's got a.
Speaker 1: Black and moll and they're locked and loaded, ready for Larry quests. My goodness is says this is Speedy Hell is that from Speedy to Gunners?
Speaker 2: Will Alabama Gunners?
Speaker 4: When we see you Fayetteville, Tennessee, Waste Management in Millbrook, Laurel, Mississippi, Panama City, Florida, one of Gregg's minions, and Huntsville ready, Kentucky is ready.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: There's fight for Wire and Fayette.
Speaker 4: There's the UAW again, Pennsylvania locations.
Speaker 1: Ready for all five today. Speedy's rescue team is ready. The Music City is ready. Nashville Tennessee. Phil Campbell Alabama says, we're ready to row.
Speaker 2: The cadaver dogs are ready.
Speaker 1: Hartschell is ready, startful, Mississippi ready, Chelsea, Alabama chemical operators are ready. Speedy's lawyer is ready. Uh, Nolin's is ready. Good, gracious, Larry's broke leg? Hey, let me tell you Greg Adler here. Obviously, Speedy will be coming to us live later in the program, but we will be looking at what Speedy has already documented, which leads us to Larry's leg is ready. Uh, Larry's broke leg. What a story. We got a good look at it if you followed Speedy.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I and I tried to y'all may have two guys.
Speaker 1: I tried to use the option Speedy gave us to also put it on our stories. I don't know that I got all of them. He was, he was coming at us rapid fire. So we'll just walk through his Instagram story today because it is.
Speaker 2: It's a dandy and.
Speaker 6: We'll do that.
Speaker 1: We'll do that, and Speedy probably as we speak, is set up to broadcast video and audio from Larry and Carolyn's house. He did arrive successfully. He has spent the evening with them. Uh, and he's there now, so it is Uh. I don't even I don't even know what to say about some of the things I've already seen.
Speaker 7: It's just it's amazing. Yeah, it's like it's like watching a bear documentary. You can't believe what you're seeing.
Speaker 8: You're talking about speeding a slid and Larry pulling him through the house.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I mean, they don't get no better than that.
Speaker 1: Right, the compound fracture story from Larry. Where's he been holding out?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 2: And it's really a simple little thing. What a scar end up with an injury like that? What a star little firewood? Good night snap.
Speaker 7: Talking about the bones out saw the bones sticking up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Larry, Larry is self conscious about his voice, but again the voices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it fits imperfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's no way to be I mean that that that's yeah, that's like Marilyn Monroe being self conscious about our mole.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it's make it work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to make it work so well. That will be obviously a big part of the show today. Okay, So now he's there. In case you're wonder.
Speaker 7: Speedy set the patch collector, just a random listener that collects patches to report on patch collection. We can't wait to see it.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I will say this.
Speaker 1: Some of you are asking, can we confirm that Speedy is alive?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 7: We can't run the second.
Speaker 8: No, we know he was last night at about I'm not sure what time those were.
Speaker 2: Not sure what time?
Speaker 7: He had an eleven o'clock PM posts.
Speaker 8: Oh see, I told him I went to bed about seven thirty. I told him I was going to bed. And good luck?
Speaker 2: Was that him going on the bathroom? Was that him going to the bathroom or something?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 2: It is, he's on.
Speaker 7: He's just looking down the hall eleven pm. And he just posted something new there. So there's something after this too here look all.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, sir, okay, so much goodness?
Speaker 2: What time I get up?
Speaker 7: Goodness?
Speaker 1: He was asleep still, but if he ever slept, he was in the baby.
Speaker 2: My goodness, They get on up, don't they they do? Was there our head? I get that?
Speaker 7: But still, oh that helps, I forgot that.
Speaker 2: Did you see shirtless Larry?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, we have to watch.
Speaker 7: We have to just watch the entire story. I think on the air.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is all right.
Speaker 1: Somebody just figured it out. You're right, Larry sounds like the futrid smell guy, Hank.
Speaker 2: He does. He just sounds a little bit like Hank. Remember Cartridge man, you want to there's a few pounds you want to eat for a week? Be pearching smell.
Speaker 7: It's so bad it maybe go back to my ex wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little bit of Hank from Hendersonville that he's not quite him, but it's in the same in the same family conference, just a little different tone.
Speaker 7: It wasn't ill opinion on a stack, you remember that? Yes, real quick. On another subject, it's raining here in Birmingham.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I come in.
Speaker 7: I mean I woke up at too with thunder. I don't know about you guys.
Speaker 8: Yes, here's the here's the code part. It's that Cloud to Cloud lightning. And you talked about the show because I got to see it for about an hour.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know about Cloud to Cloud. But look I'm doing the show with James span That's right. I look cloud to cloud.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look at my goodness. So I didn't want to run in the rain, so I walked, but I also didn't want my shirt to get wet, so I actually have my shirt in my hand. And Greg, I'm not saying that you should probably give people more when you greet them in the mornings, but I walked in there without a shirt on this morning.
Speaker 2: You get Yes, I was trying to get this to work.
Speaker 7: I walked past you, see it, I walked right past you. Greg. I goes like, hey, good morning, buddying you. Hey, what's up man?
Speaker 2: I am sir. Yeah, I was trying to get this daggum thing.
Speaker 7: Well, you got it, but you got to work.
Speaker 2: And I never.
Speaker 1: Right right past you, coming by vaguely, not being aware of its surroundings.
Speaker 7: I guess not.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Not only do everyday Earbudge have an isolation mode, Greg does.
Speaker 2: That's that's rare.
Speaker 7: You've been giving your mom so much you can given everybody else less.
Speaker 1: It's almost like his account only has so much, and he keeps my mom keeps withdrawing from it.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that he has.
Speaker 7: I was ready to be made fun of, and I was going to explain I didn't want.
Speaker 2: To run on, so you took your shirt off.
Speaker 7: I didn't put my shirt on until I got to work.
Speaker 2: You could still get kind of wet in your hand.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it was okay with my bad posture, I covered it.
Speaker 2: That's true. It's like a hut.
Speaker 7: I was, youll. I know it was very dark as I'm driving in, but I didn't have a shirt on in my car and I drove I was I was afraid people were going to see me and be like, what's this time coming from a.
Speaker 2: Crime or something?
Speaker 1: If I saw you shirtless this time of day, they wouldn't think they would think crime. It'd be a different kind of They think he was having a bad experience. He got off and you know what they say, there goes a deviant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 7: They probably probably high. Yeah, yeah, like a light. I'm just sitting next to somebody without my shirt on it. I didn't want to look over, but I did.
Speaker 1: I want to say again, I can't believe I didn't notice that, and I appreciate what you were doing, you know with the shirtless stay in Greg. Of course, soon as I got out of the truck today we got at the same time. He goes, you're gonna you're gonna run, and of course we didn't. But I want to make it clear there's there's another email today I still want to make it clear.
Speaker 2: I'm Dad. Never wanted you to get struck by lightning. Okay, you need to run. For some of you that do, don't, don't put yourself in danger. Real men can run in life.
Speaker 1: It really was just a philosophy on life. Yeah, you're missing the point. We're taking it little, and I certainly want you not to run and just normal rain. But if you're in danger it don't. Don't put yourself in danger. And I will admit this.
Speaker 8: But now it wasn't completely blocking me, but I did walk with the with the eve hanging over. I kind of got in a little bit as I had to go around in front of my truck to get to the driver's sides.
Speaker 2: All Right, it was coming down, but it still got me pretty good good.
Speaker 7: The other day I was with Ruby. She was a dance class and we're leaving dance class and it's pouring down rain and she's freaking out. She's in her little too too, and she said, I'm like, hey, I can relate to that many times in my life. I'm not wanted to give. I put actually got I have had a rain jacket in my van and I put my big old rain jacket on her and we just walked to the car and I just walked and honestly it was odd.
Speaker 6: To see her.
Speaker 7: See me do that and her we get to the car and she just seemed more calm. It was really it was really something. Yeah, And she was just like, wow, So my dad really doesn't care about the rain. He's fine, He's here to protect me. There's really something to there, really is well.
Speaker 1: I thought it was odd too that MythBusters actually studied it and and this is to me, and this is profound actually, that you don't get as wet if you will just walk in it versus running.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, that's just feel catching more rain if you run, I guess.
Speaker 1: But doesn't that feel that's like an underlying thing thing we need to read.
Speaker 7: Busted the myth. I'm that's why it's a myth. They had to bust it.
Speaker 2: All right, will be about.
Speaker 7: Now that's not ready.
Speaker 2: That is not ready.
Speaker 1: You heard us talk about it, and for good reason. Share the Arrows is one of the most powerful women's events happening this year, and it will be hosted by Blaze TV's own Alley Bath Stucky.
Speaker 2: When is it Rick?
Speaker 1: October the eleventh, Dallas, Texas. If there's a woman in your life who's been craving real encouragement and biblical truth, your wife, your daughter, your your sister, your mom, whatever the case may be, this is for her. It's a full day of worship, teaching, powerful conversation. Bold women will be there, Ginger Douggar will be there, Alissa Childers, Katie Foss, Taylor Dukes and more. Worship will be led by the very talented Francesca by to Stelling. It's gonna be something really, really special. So there's a lot of loudness out there. Culture can get loud, but this is a chance to kind of push the Paul's button on all that and lean into truth and get recentered in purpose.
Speaker 2: You know, as we say here, go.
Speaker 1: To the real world, Send someone you love, go by yourself, our go yourself. Will get some girls together and go. Tickets in the Tales are available at Share the Arrows dot com, Share the Arrows dot com and yes, VIP options are still available. So there you go. A couple of things we're going to cover. Did you know that the largest collection agency in the world, What is the largest collection agency in the world?
Speaker 6: The irs?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: And let me tell you something. If you owe the IRS money, they have a lot available to them. Can they file criminal charges yes?
Speaker 9: Oh no.
Speaker 2: Can they garnish your wages yes?
Speaker 1: Can they shut you down and sell off your stuff, business or your property yes. So this is not something to dabble in and to tamper with. So if you owe ten thousand dollars or more in back taxes, why don't you go right now to US tax Shield?
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Don't get to the point where the IRS is closing your bank account, ounce and all of that.
Speaker 2: Just just get it done.
Speaker 1: Did you know there's a fresh start program that's available from the IRS. They want to resolve this as much as you do. You may not know that, but it's true. But you need to have people that know what they're doing to kind of help you kind of navigate these waters. Okay, So go to US tax Shield. The Better Business Bureau says they get an A plus from them, so they're good people. You can call them at one eight hundred and seven six y nine seven three zero, or go to Rick Burgess show dot com under sponsors. You see the link right there. Click no obligation. But let's talk to them about how they can alleviate this burden and give you back your peace of mind. Okay, all right, So a couple of things too that we need to cover before we start getting checking in with Speedy. So those of you that kind of it's like me, I want to know what the plan is. So here's what the plan is. We're going to We're going to use next hour to kind of look back at what's already happened.
Speaker 2: Speedy's documented all.
Speaker 1: That that, we'll walk through that with you, and then in the in the the hour after that, Speedy comes to us live from Larry and Carolyn's. I mean, he will be in their home and we will see him for those of you that love the video option, and we will also hear him for those of you that have the audio only.
Speaker 2: So and and.
Speaker 1: Technically there's some there's some mountains to climb there because they don't have Wi Fi. But we scent with Speedy the same. What is that thing, Adler? It creates a hot spot and uh and and I took it with really good. Yeah, I took it with me to Virginia. Of course, you know, got on the air flawlessly, but you know, just I'm learning, I'm learning so many new things. I'm becoming technical handy. All this is, you know, you can teach an old dog some new tricks.
Speaker 7: They call it a mobile hotspot.
Speaker 1: Okay, call a little mobile hot It's good it hopefully it will work. So so anyway, that got to be coming up. Did you hear Greg and I discussing Arnold and I never can pronounce his last name, and I'm terrified.
Speaker 2: What's see, That's why I'm terrified. How do you say? How do you correctly say Arnold's last name?
Speaker 7: Greg said it right. I'm not going to say it, but you said it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, he said it almost both.
Speaker 8: Let's just call him Arnold, Yeahnator.
Speaker 1: Of all the movies that Arnold did, Greg just shot me in the break Adler, which one do you think made the most money for him?
Speaker 7: Made the most money?
Speaker 2: Maybe done a lot.
Speaker 7: Well, the way you're asking the question, I got to say, like some weird like Kindergarten copp or.
Speaker 2: Something close close? Tell them what it is? Twins twins? Yes, and part of it I read a little deeper into this little bit.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would I would have, I said Terminator when he asked me. Here's here's one he explained how it happened. You know, they have a choice.
Speaker 8: You can take a salary or you can go back in. He went back in on that one didn't take a salary, so said you may. The more it makes, the more you make.
Speaker 2: And it blew up.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, so he said, you know others who probably had more guarantee money, but in the end, when it was all added up, Twins has made him more money than anything he's ever done.
Speaker 2: He just went residuals only.
Speaker 7: Okay, Now I understand because as far as.
Speaker 1: Gross money to Arnolds were talking about, gotcha understood.
Speaker 2: What his cut was?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he said to him, and I think Dan de Vito both they chose not. And also it said do you realize they were trying They were going to make it triplets, and Eddie Murphy was going to be part of it, But is it Ivan Rckman that was to do it?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 8: He died before he got finished the story, So oh really they just went back to Twins.
Speaker 2: Now that would have been big, yeah.
Speaker 7: Because it's not even in his top five as far as gross.
Speaker 8: No, he was on a on a podcast and somebody asked him and he said, I racked up on.
Speaker 7: That one number one is T two. Yeah, Terminator two made five hundred and twenty million dollars. Terminator Genesis, which was terrible twenty fifteen, that made four. T three made four thirty as well. True lies at three seventy eight.
Speaker 1: And then so really what you're saying here now people made more money off the Terminator series. Yes, but Arnold made the most money by going residuals only on twins and that wild how all that works well? And that's the thing that you know, remember when kiss some reason you know in our and it all comes back to everything always comes back to Kiss. All that comes to money and stuff all through the Rick and Bubby years, and now it's continuing into this.
Speaker 2: You remember when.
Speaker 1: Peter, Chris and Ace Freeley decided to take guaranteed money for the Reunion tour?
Speaker 2: Ye? Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: And Paul and Jean Took said, we will, we will take a chance that will be successful. We're going to take percentage of the merch and percentage of gross of everything. And and Ace and Peter Chris could have done that, and they chose not to. They want to the guaranteed money, and it ended up being less than the gross and they tried to go back, remember and redo their deal, and you know, Gen, Gen was no, no, no, this is the deal y'all made. Now you made the wrong deal.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it turned out not to be the good one because that reunion tour, which we saw, by the way, yes, it grossed more than anybody during that run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when they remember they had gone away with from makeup and all that, and they finally said we're coming back original members, Original Maker, all four original and it was huge. But again Ace Freely and Peter Chris said, well, we're not really sure how people will respond to us now it's been a while. Of course, think about how long they went after that and then there's nothing and Gene and Paul said, no, I think the audience that we've garnered over the years will go crazy over this. And they took the chance. See that's the part that's always missed with the guaranteed people. You didn't take the chance. Now, the person who took the chance, it worked out.
Speaker 2: But you could have not.
Speaker 1: It could not have worked out. And they leave that part out. You know, you you decided, which isn't always bad. I don't think they got a good I don't think and Peter christ I think they made out their guarantee was millions, but it was not multimillions, which is what you know.
Speaker 2: Gene and Paul.
Speaker 7: Got and back to Arnold Schwarzenegger and Twins. That film grossed two hundred and sixteen million, and instead of taking their usual salaries for the film, Schwarzenegger, Danny DeVito and Rightman agreed with the studio to take part ownership of the film, and collectively they took forty percent of the film's back end and resulted in the biggest paycheck for all of them in their film careers. And then Triplets, Greg, you were talking about that was actually gonna be a sequel?
Speaker 2: Oh that it was.
Speaker 7: They were going to be a sequel, and in fact they were trying to make it in his late as twenty twenty two. Wow, and Rightman died.
Speaker 2: How about so it was gonna be Eddie Murphy, It's gonna be Eddie Murphy triplets? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, how about that. I didn't I didn't know that that's it. And there's stuff like that all throughout entertainment. Oh yeah, you would be surprised when just because something's popular doesn't mean it was profitable. Sometimes things that are not as popular were more profitable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, for individuals, for for whatever.
Speaker 8: And then a lot of the rock stars, especially the eighties guys, they signed bad deals.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 8: So you assumed that they were rich because they sold millions of records, and they're not right.
Speaker 2: They made a bad deal.
Speaker 1: No, popular and profitable are not always the same thing.
Speaker 7: It seems to be happening to most rappers, by the way. They'll sign a big deal and they think they just got a million dollars. No, that was a million dollar loan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way it's designed and said out. We'll be right back coming to us live next. I were from Larry quest Speed.
Speaker 2: He's there. He has spent it out with him to the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And if you have not been updated on what has happened uh since the last time you were with Speedy.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And now we do not have confirmation that he's up other than what we saw on the story.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Speedy's time for breakfast Speed.
Speaker 7: So everybody needs to stop about everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody's let Larry do Larry.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with doing Larry? Can we are We're not gonna do Geary anymore? No, okay, all right, so here here is we can we just let this roll.
Speaker 7: This is us waving goodbye to Speedy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here it is. Okay, here we are, this is us yesterday. There he goes. Speedy's leaving. I don't know, Seeboddy me up. I'm gonna go with you. I'm sure we'll see you again. I feel good about it.
Speaker 7: We'll see you again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hug Larry, side, hug side, hug Carolyn can.
Speaker 2: How does it feel to be on that side?
Speaker 7: It feels better than being on that side, like, well, well, you know, we'll see you thursdayddy, yeah, Friday, Friday, Yeah, yeah, I see you Friday. Yeah, I we'll see Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't wait?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 2: God damn, there he goes. God love him, God love him. Mm hmmm, replaceable.
Speaker 11: Sort of.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, he went, there he goes.
Speaker 7: He even waved goodbye.
Speaker 1: He did, and so and he did a look at him, Oh, look at his little face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh there it was. We'll always remember that.
Speaker 7: We'll always remember that he even was kind and leaving. You know, he's an over greeter even in leaving.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: Did you sense that he he almost I think he wanted us to begging him to stay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was too late at that point.
Speaker 7: Oh man, because Speedy's been posting I've gott his entire story ready to roll here, and he has posted images of breakfast also, so they they've started to eat breakfast. And this is Speedy. The producer of this The Rick Burgess Show, went to Dublin, Georgia, drove five hours to visit a random listener that collects patches, and we are jacked up about it.
Speaker 10: So here's here.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 7: Here's speedy story. That's us waving goodbye. That's the Atlanta. Oh y'all, ok y'all can't see it. Okay, there, here's Speedy.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 6: He's getting ten minutes away or so from Larry and Carolyn's Carolyn, I'm I'm I'm gonna show up hungry. I just be honest with you. I'm gonna be hungry. I'm saving it for your roast. I can't wait to have it, So be looking for updates everyone.
Speaker 2: I will update you as I pull up.
Speaker 6: Should be about an hour and fifteen minutes away, I guess, but I will try to capture the moment that we are able to actually meet in person. Uh, and Larry Quest will have lots of updates tonight to stand by.
Speaker 1: All right, even miles from Dublin right there, eleven miles from Mantras.
Speaker 6: You have a two pac black and miles smooth.
Speaker 2: My gosh, it's getting him. Yeah yeah, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 12: Uh, he says, two cigars, yeah, smooth, maybe two yeah, two of those.
Speaker 7: I guess so good. He's pulling up to the house.
Speaker 2: Let's see what we got here.
Speaker 7: That's a nice neighborhood. It is nice white roads.
Speaker 2: This is it you Alaska state line? There? It is really obsessed with the last year I met, I met Larry's there is. It's a nice little cottage.
Speaker 13: Nice.
Speaker 6: Here we go. Hey, buddy, how you doing good?
Speaker 2: Seeing you mane?
Speaker 6: You did okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay? Wow Larry and Carroll many.
Speaker 1: And they're dressed alike again, how you doing?
Speaker 6: You did?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Give me a hug? Here you did okay?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 2: I think it's weird for them.
Speaker 7: It's weird for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Down, they got a stranger in their house.
Speaker 3: Okay, right here?
Speaker 6: Oh tigers, Oh no, you're.
Speaker 2: Fine, Larry farefooted you look at.
Speaker 3: How about this?
Speaker 6: This is tigger?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 6: There Carolyn for dinner.
Speaker 2: See, guys, here's the Tennessee corn bread.
Speaker 3: Oh you're from a light.
Speaker 2: Though, Okay, that's not.
Speaker 10: Greg.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, roast beast, mashed potatoes.
Speaker 7: Okay, what a spread, Carolyn, What a sweet Carolyn.
Speaker 6: I bet you're a great cook. No, no, do you have any do you have any help with the cash? Do they like to help cook?
Speaker 13: Yeah? If I'm always saying, if they has come to helping, I bet, I bet you know.
Speaker 7: He's in their kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's there.
Speaker 6: Speed.
Speaker 2: He made it cucumber silent.
Speaker 14: Okay, there taking and today.
Speaker 6: It luckily it's just water.
Speaker 8: They were shaking hands, Larry.
Speaker 6: Okay, she's getting on, kay, Larry, what would you second hands?
Speaker 2: Being gentlemen? Yeah, well, well got on the butter hope of Speedy's fault.
Speaker 3: M h you know I got it.
Speaker 2: You got good shall esca patrove?
Speaker 6: Oh these are too?
Speaker 14: When you cane from baby from Husky mount Hood? Arety good from the Wisconsin?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 6: Look at that? And here's the there's the there it is right there. The slave.
Speaker 3: I was on the phone to California.
Speaker 14: M I was on to the Berda Patrol and San Diego.
Speaker 3: Oh they were sending us queen, he's dead two or three days in your.
Speaker 7: That's a big All the patches in the background, yeah, that is also.
Speaker 6: Look at all these.
Speaker 3: Patches stay for ten years.
Speaker 14: Right after high school, I hit sikes all over the West, the Western States.
Speaker 2: You hitch high yep, I looked behind him.
Speaker 14: I would work from one place to another place to another place. Head try, kid, and I really enjoyed it. I would work at ranches, garyes, truck stops, hotels, I would.
Speaker 3: In restaurants, are in tech stops, and I loved it.
Speaker 6: Okay, look at that asolutely And what would what would be your when they when they opened the door, rolled down the window and said, sir, do you need a ride? What would be your your go to?
Speaker 3: As far as you were going, I didn't care how far they were.
Speaker 7: Going, Larry, thank you.
Speaker 3: Last night Speedy Rick was talking about your legs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, my legs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't go look at this.
Speaker 7: Scar good night.
Speaker 6: Fracture, Oh, good night, Larry ed.
Speaker 3: I was putting in firewood using my leg for a brace.
Speaker 14: And in probably tipped tip back snap the legan half good.
Speaker 3: Gosh, and I'm looking at it and it was bent like that. The bos literally sticking.
Speaker 9: Out Larry good ry beating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but uh, Carolyn.
Speaker 3: That hurt a lot.
Speaker 6: What you got here on the back of your truck.
Speaker 14: This just has across the Arctic Circle. And here's a radio station that we listened to is k b r W. We also got this in the there from uh after North Dakota. Okay, okay, then your US says that across the Arctic Circle.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, that's pretty cool right there. You got it all, my friend.
Speaker 3: There's the last day played, the.
Speaker 6: Last to state fly loves the last she loves it.
Speaker 2: There it is. That's cool. There, I got truckle like your.
Speaker 3: House, buddy.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, Carolyn. Speedy's bead and it looks like we got the A C running in here and we're kicking huh. And the Christmas tree Merry Christmas? Minds it pain getting down?
Speaker 2: I'd rather.
Speaker 6: Wedding picture right here.
Speaker 2: Look at Larry.
Speaker 6: Look at Larry.
Speaker 3: Picture behind it?
Speaker 6: Oh the dogs led picture. Okay, I get to stare at that when I go to sleep. See ricked all those were wolves? Those are that's a dogslad.
Speaker 7: Do we need to pause here for sleeping?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right, So Speedy is about to go to bed, snug snuggling. I think they go feed the dog and then go to bed.
Speaker 7: And they get into those black and milds. Yes they do. I can't believe it. I can't believe Speedy just at a lister's house.
Speaker 2: Guys know that's that's that's something. Wow, there you go.
Speaker 7: It's so real and there is so genuine and so swim and not murderers.
Speaker 2: Right, No, no, so far, so far.
Speaker 9: This is the Rick Burgess Show, following.
Speaker 1: Along everything that has happened up to a live update which is coming up next hour. So Adler that when we left, Speedy has seen his his bedroom, He's had a tremendous meal cooked by Carolyn that looks fantastic, and now he and Larry are outside. I think they're going to feed the dog and as you pointed out, uh, he's gonna sit down and have a black and Mile with Larry.
Speaker 2: I think. So let's see what happens.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 3: You think you wanted to write the duck fit.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, Okay, Speedy's on the dog sland.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, is pulling Speedy on the dogs slave?
Speaker 3: Is that what you say?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, Rick, let me Larry's bullet. It's gonna be great one. Larry his leg holds up. Yeah, that's hilarious, Susie, Yeah, all right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: They had a dog like your house slippers.
Speaker 6: Oh all right, oh right, okay, got.
Speaker 2: It there dog. Yeah, I like it. Whose dog you su their dog. It's a long way from the hand it is.
Speaker 1: It's around and he finds are a piece of toast, nice bread.
Speaker 6: Susie, Hey, Susie, Hey, Susie, don't sound hey, Susie.
Speaker 3: Hey dear, No, hey, Susie.
Speaker 7: No here, Larry getting on yes, yes, yes, no, no.
Speaker 3: This restaurant our combination. That's a hotel. It's it's called uh Aviator Hotel.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 14: And they were having a party just for the mushers.
Speaker 2: It was always back at the morning and we were.
Speaker 3: Sitting right in the middle of the mushers. Wll be around mushers everywhere, right, that's it.
Speaker 6: Pictures, sir, pay some pictures, yes, show me some pictures.
Speaker 2: Sure, look.
Speaker 6: Bedtime Okay, we still got to see some black and together.
Speaker 3: Did you bring up up?
Speaker 8: Don't video?
Speaker 6: I did a right.
Speaker 2: Larry loves dogs.
Speaker 6: All right, you came, buddy, I'm I'm, I'm glad I'm here, and I know that you're like Black and Miles, so I just wanted to share one with you.
Speaker 2: I love the house.
Speaker 6: I love everything about it, man.
Speaker 10: I love your patches, I love your slid. Your wife is.
Speaker 6: Wonderful, she's a great cook. Love your dog, Susie, two cats.
Speaker 3: We enjoy this show.
Speaker 10: Well, we enjoy y'all. Y'all, we enjoy y'all.
Speaker 6: And I love your voice.
Speaker 3: Thank you, honestly.
Speaker 14: That my voice?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well you got You've got a very unique voice, and it's all your own, so you just need to own it.
Speaker 3: It's it's a good thing.
Speaker 14: How it has happened.
Speaker 3: I don't know how it happened, like yo, yeah, me neither.
Speaker 15: I's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to sleep. Let me read, Jordy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you want to bring you a story of your son, then a run in the ring.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, Oh you're sitting down.
Speaker 14: Jesus Cleary, Jason, that you hi, forty eight. You're there, promost be perfect as as you have. As you have, any project is perfect. Guardians, lads, and the Holy Spirit protect all of you.
Speaker 2: I can't mean it.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 2: I think I did it.
Speaker 13: You can't care?
Speaker 3: Okay, do you need anything? Okay, yeah, okay, thank you laying Okay, tell me do you need anything out of the.
Speaker 6: Said?
Speaker 3: Okay, I sure will, thank you, buddy. Okay, man hand your house naked?
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, Larry, You're so kind. Does he sleeping? Short? Look so this is eleven. Uh there you go.
Speaker 6: Here's gonna be.
Speaker 7: Look at all the patches everywhere, just everywhere, the patch collector. This is as far as I've seen.
Speaker 2: Okay, me too, well, Nolleen, I think I seen when.
Speaker 6: You say, okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Sleepy boys, sleepy boys, Larry turning. Breakfast was rid?
Speaker 10: Oh wow, okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Look at oh well, good morning y'all.
Speaker 6: How are you doing, Larry? Oh boy, breakfast is ready, Carolyn, good morning.
Speaker 10: Look at this. Look at this.
Speaker 6: Wow, we have got we have got so much food here.
Speaker 10: Y'all are so sweet. The cat, the porch.
Speaker 6: Okay, you got the show going?
Speaker 10: I see, sir.
Speaker 6: Oh you want me to come out.
Speaker 2: Okay, what we're gonna eat?
Speaker 10: We're going huh sir?
Speaker 3: Yeah like that?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, look at that. The police, the police us Marshall, Uh lights up, that's right, Larry. We're off and running. This is where we're about to set up right here, and there's the I think the cats are. Oh there there's one. There's one, yes, sir, Oh there they are. This is their little home out here.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, I love it.
Speaker 6: We're fired up, y'all were ready.
Speaker 1: It's Speedy really that breakfast Speedy really want Hey that breakfast looks so good?
Speaker 2: It really did?
Speaker 7: I mean, yo, Speedy spent the night at our listener's house.
Speaker 6: She did.
Speaker 2: That is really good.
Speaker 8: She did them smoking in black and miles around was funny.
Speaker 7: There was so much there, so much that was good. The dog eating toast and Larry getting on Susie.
Speaker 2: Stop no, stop no, that just he sat outside and smoked the mile. He's immersed himself in their lives. Do you think, I mean he's just there.
Speaker 7: He's never going to beat the smoking rumors now, Speedy's never going to beat the smoking rumors now. Struggling He was struggling?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Or was it an act?
Speaker 6: I think?
Speaker 2: Did Speedy pretend not to be a good night?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 15: So much?
Speaker 14: There?
Speaker 7: Did Larry show up without a shirt on?
Speaker 6: Did I did? I? Is that a fever dream?
Speaker 7: That entire thing feels like a fever dream does.
Speaker 2: A story on his Instagram.
Speaker 1: That story on Instagram from speedy should get an oscar. Yeah, well done, documentation. It has taken out Ryan Greenwood today. He's actually on his hofer after watching it. So that means good measurement. That means just good. So why don't we do this before we join them?
Speaker 2: Join them?
Speaker 1: Coming up next to our first segment, let's do a little bit. Hey, here's what's going on in the world Video one adler. Let's update a couple of things. So also want to say this. You know, we we had this deal with there. There seems to be some uh, some leaks on intel that have gotten out, but the bottom line is a Ran, Israel and and US, the US all in agreement. Now, notice Iron's on this list that Islamic Come Republic nuclear sites were badly damaged, badly damaged despite this intel leak.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you can actually see a RAN's foreign foreign minister, uh that the spokesman saying that hey, uh, we we got bad damage.
Speaker 2: And they were telling Al Jazeera that and we we we actually got that.
Speaker 6: So there's really you know, they.
Speaker 2: Always play this game. Hey, we're good. Nothing happened.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: So now we know that they were badly damaged. Hegsas says, we have obliterated their ability to wage nuclear war on anyone at least uh and in the present and near future. Now, well they try it again, they will, but at least we've pushed that back and we can prepare to continue to push them back every time they try it.
Speaker 2: Now we go to Trump at NATO.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: Trump is at he went to speak. Obviously they're in Hague, and this is him once again the art of the deal. He's demanding, uh, that that we stop carrying the load and everybody start picking up the picking up the weight with us. Uh.
Speaker 2: And here he is talking at NATO.
Speaker 16: In a very historic milestone this week, the NATO allies committed to dramatically increase their defense spending two that five percent of GDP, something that no one really thought possible. And they said, you did it, sir, you did it.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I did it, but I think I did. This should be known as the Hague Defense Commitment. I just may good pretty appropriate.
Speaker 16: When the Allies reached this number, it will add more than one trillion dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Think of that.
Speaker 16: One trillion per year to our common defense. And this is a monument really to victory. But it's a monumental win for the United States because we were carrying much more than our fair share. Was quite unfair, actually, but this is a big win for Europe and for actually Western civilization.
Speaker 2: People not say I did it. I don't know if I did it, but I guess I did.
Speaker 1: Here he is he's mad at Spain. The reporter is going to say, I noticed Spain. They're not They're not They're not stepping up.
Speaker 2: And of course Trump, he wastes no time telling us how it feels about that.
Speaker 17: Thank you, mister president.
Speaker 7: Of course you know in Spain. Are you satisfied with today?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think Spain's terrible what they've done. No I do.
Speaker 16: They're the only country they won't pay the full up. They want to stay at two percent. I think it's terrible. And you know, they're doing very well. The economy is very well.
Speaker 2: And that economy could be blown right out of the water with something bad happening.
Speaker 16: You know, Spain is the only country that are you from Spain? Good congratulations. You're the only country that is not paying I don't know what the problem is it's I think.
Speaker 2: It's too bad.
Speaker 9: So we'll make it up.
Speaker 16: You know what we're going to do. We're negotiating with Spain on a trade deal. We're going to make them pay twice as much. And I'm actually serious about that. We're going to make Spain.
Speaker 6: I like Spain.
Speaker 16: I have so many people from Spain that it's a great place and they're great people. But Spain is the only country out of all other countries that refuses to pay. And you know, so they want a little bit of a free ride, but they'll have to pay it back to us on trade because I'm not going to let that happen.
Speaker 2: Sunfair What if he said, I've never been to Spain. I like Spain, like the music. You know, they tell me the ladies are yes.
Speaker 1: So he said, I Spain doesn't pay the five percent. If they stay at two percent, I'm just gonna get them on the trade deal. I'm gonna make sure they pay.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Secretary General of NATO is asked about Trump dropping the F bomb, which he did quite straightforward concerning aaran in Israel, and an interesting response referring to Trumps Daddy, here we go.
Speaker 16: I mean we may do papers on it, Marco.
Speaker 3: Maybe we're going to do papers.
Speaker 14: I don't even know if you need them.
Speaker 3: They're not going to be fighting each other.
Speaker 7: They've had it.
Speaker 16: They've got a big fight, like two kids at the schoolyard.
Speaker 10: You know, they fight like hell, you can't stop them.
Speaker 3: Let him fight for about two three minutes.
Speaker 2: Then it's easy to stop them. And then Daddy has said sometimes language school, everyone selling, you have.
Speaker 10: To use a certain word.
Speaker 8: Sometimes language sometimes Daddy's strong language.
Speaker 3: Gods, So the.
Speaker 7: Called Trump Daddy. They did, yes, And in response to that, did you see what the real the actual White House social social media posted.
Speaker 2: Look at this great listen and listen.
Speaker 3: I just want to get your attention.
Speaker 17: I do want to be up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see.
Speaker 13: Ya.
Speaker 2: This is the official White House video home.
Speaker 15: You know your daddy's finny.
Speaker 7: It is on the Trump Official or the official White House social media and it's and it's Trump at NATO. It's it's set to the tune and and it's showing all of Trump's highlights at NATO.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, well, you know, but but they were eat up by the Secretary of General of Native called Trump Daddy.
Speaker 2: Some time Daddy have to use bad.
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 13: He did.
Speaker 1: So, so there's kind of your update on what's happening in the world. And when you try to drop some of that in some of you were saying, look, we love all the fun, but be sure and just not you don't do as much. Give us some updates of what's going on. So this is normally where we'd prefer to get it. So there you go, no problem there.
Speaker 2: So there's an update, and thanks for the feedback on that. So well, when we come back, Speedy is live.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, we can see him.
Speaker 2: Look at all the look look at all the patches, Look at the patches.
Speaker 7: They are ready to broadcast.
Speaker 1: Good night at the patches. Larry's got a headset on sons Carolyn and in Dublin, Georgia. One Calvin Speedy Wilburn UH is standing by and he's set up in a patch village with Larry and and Carolyn and spent the night there last evening.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's he's got.
Speaker 1: It like he likes it. He sweedy.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, how are you?
Speaker 2: Hey, buddy, look get there.
Speaker 6: It's just to see of patches and challenge coins if you if you were looking for any we got him Uh sitting to my left is the one and only Larry Hopkins and to my right Carolyn Hopkins. They are the sweetest couple and have been the greatest host. So you want to say hello to everybody?
Speaker 3: Hello, everybody, everybody, Hey Carolyn, good morning.
Speaker 1: Well let me ask Larry and Carolyn? What what kind of gifts is speedy?
Speaker 3: And Speedy's fantastic?
Speaker 6: Oh he is? He is so nice and kind? Yeah, yeah, we uh, well, that's very very kind of you to say he's known for kiss kind he's so kind?
Speaker 1: Did he, Larry, Carolyn? Did he come in a little hot?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: Is he been over greeting?
Speaker 6: Was he was?
Speaker 1: He almost a little much to handle? Did y'all kind of have to tone him down a little bit?
Speaker 3: Not? U, He came in just fantastic.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's sweet of you to say, lad, we think he.
Speaker 3: Is top of the road.
Speaker 2: We do take on the world, looking down on creation. Got my Speedy and my patches.
Speaker 3: Right with me here. You're something else?
Speaker 6: No, yeah, he likes that. Hey, I'll tell you what if you think that we were struggling to find patch frames to cover the room, you might you you you were so so mistaken. Uh, there are layers and I mean the layers of framed patches up and down the halls. We haven't been really skimmed the surface of patch frames, have we have it?
Speaker 3: We have a total of seventy five frames of patches.
Speaker 6: That's right, Larry. Wow, we sure ye say we even like I'm part of the family now, we sure do you are family? We sure do, daddy, uh but no, and you know what is great? And I just want to thank the both of you for being great hosts but also for not eating me. Yeah that was yeah, Yeah, I just want to thank you. I appreciate that, you know you kind of you. I wasn't sure you know, and you're gonna kill right and wonderful though. It's like we've known you always, that's right. We we and y'all I love.
Speaker 14: Were you can just deprived and the they gave the Speedy a ride under your ducks that I was surprised.
Speaker 2: And you know, I noticed.
Speaker 1: Did you notice that Speedy tried to like that He never smoked before when he was having that black and mom.
Speaker 14: But yes, we noticed that, Larry, Larry, we're saying, team, can you see Carolyn pretty good?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Sure, she's right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why are you wondering, Larry, you want to show you wife off a little bit.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, they've been married seven years.
Speaker 6: They they say they love each other a lot, and they'll lock up right in front of you and.
Speaker 3: Mike. Yeah yeah, and uh you know, even cooking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, Larry is getting on to Carolyn for not talking. Yeah. Well she she wanted she wanted to get a hit off that coffee she made. She makes break coffee. Uh and uh, we Carolyn, if you would, because a lot of people want to know the history of how in the world did you cut y'all both call Rick's voicemail in his office because that's where it started. And now here I am sitting between you. Now, let's go back to uh, Rick and Bubby years and you said that y'all just you discovered us then, and it was one specific story that really got you locked in. What was it?
Speaker 13: I discovered it when Rick was talking about pumping gas oh oh, his underwear and he was saying that he felt a breeze.
Speaker 6: Huh yeah, and he said it like he was so surprised.
Speaker 13: And I was in the kitchen by myself, doing dishes, and I just cracked up laughing.
Speaker 6: It was just so hysterical and ever since then.
Speaker 17: It's so I listened to it quite often since then.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 13: And then Larry tried to after Larry was here, he tried to call a few times and nobody would talk to him.
Speaker 17: They kept hanging up on him.
Speaker 6: That's probably Greg, Larry, Yeah, that's nice, Probably Greg. And then so Larry. So so when y'all called Rick's voicemail, did you think you were on air when you did that?
Speaker 3: No, he did it.
Speaker 14: Okay, that's one that you call Rick. They didn't know right about to patch because that and that was it. We did not think that we would go, I tell.
Speaker 1: You right, So Larry were number one. The audience wants to know where the cats right now?
Speaker 14: Tigers walking around in front of us someplace. Cally is in the kid can't probably laying down.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, yeah, they they they they'll come out from behind the patch frame in a second. But you know how cats are. If you if there's a stranger in the house, they're not real sure, so they'll go to hiding and then they'll pop out. Never and and just you surprised you.
Speaker 17: Don't act and shy today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think the dog liked you speak, and I've never heard of You've never mentioned the dog, Susie.
Speaker 6: Susie. The dog was not not about me. Uh well, you know, speaking of strangers. Anytime there's a stranger on the property and you've got food in your hand, if the owner does, they're not.
Speaker 17: She lets us know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, didn't like me.
Speaker 7: You are a strangers sleeping at somebody's hound.
Speaker 6: You are, Sam, I am.
Speaker 3: I know you.
Speaker 2: You strangely think you're their long lost son or something, but you're not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, no, no. We had a ma We had a big storm come in last night. Did y'all hear we all loving on each other.
Speaker 3: I was baking by the thunder.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Some people said, y'all had rough storms last night.
Speaker 6: And what we did we it was popping around. The power blanked a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought I was gonna have to come in there. We all so skied in the dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so speedy.
Speaker 1: Are you saying that that?
Speaker 2: You seem to suggest that Larry and Carolyn the PDA is not an issue.
Speaker 6: All they love each other. You know, true love gets after it, don't they.
Speaker 3: That is, Carolyn be married five they've been married seven years and going strong.
Speaker 6: That's right. I mean, hey, look they'll be dead the conversation and all of sudden, Larry just say I love you?
Speaker 7: How sweet?
Speaker 6: And that's just the sweetest little so much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah you thought the kissing was a little much, but I mean still.
Speaker 6: Right, right, I did that. There's just so much all that we've done here. Uh And you know I was able to get caring on alone one time and ask her a few questions. Larry was running some some airrands around the house, getting things done, some chores and all that, and I asked her if she loved Patches as much as Larry, and you said you did? I enjoy it, I really do.
Speaker 14: It.
Speaker 17: Has it has outgrown us?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Wow, yeah we talk, We beget a nut, Pats, get put the coffee table and the catching cable.
Speaker 3: But lets taking your glass over it and have it like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah right.
Speaker 3: The first five months of calling around exceed at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do y'all realize I just want everybody for a minute, We'll take a break and we'll come back. I want everybody to realize that. Carolyn and Larry, for those of you that cannot see it, they're sitting with Speedy, just patches. They have headsets on and.
Speaker 2: They're doing the show. Yes, they are. Speedy is on location with them in their house.
Speaker 6: I mean this is just a little warm.
Speaker 2: Uh yes, sir, like.
Speaker 7: Lean you have got Larry. Why are you yelling Larry, Larry, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not trying to yell. Larry.
Speaker 1: Let me know, let me know if he's he's coming in hot, Larry. Okay, Larry, Lary, I'm right here, Larry. This is not the voice you checked out.
Speaker 3: Check with me.
Speaker 14: Darn pack yet a yes that batter guys right, that's good yet four Larry.
Speaker 2: Four foul.
Speaker 14: But there's people on our Facebook page. They've got ten fifteen patches.
Speaker 3: Dang.
Speaker 6: Okay, he said, He said, if you think this is something, it ain't. Jack, Yeah, yeah, I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Did you I don't know if you'all were listening, did you hear the guy called that new Larry and Carolyn? Like he worked, his son worked with a coastguard, and when he told his son about the show today, he goes, we know Larry and Carolyn they called here, Larry called here and got patches.
Speaker 6: Well, I witnessed, regard. We didn't hear that, but I witnessed how he did it. He called us border patrol, and I can give you a play by play of what I witnessed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that We'll be right back. Quest.
Speaker 1: It's been a build up. Speedy has made his way there. You can follow all that. We actually recapped that.
Speaker 2: Earlier in the show.
Speaker 1: Now Speedy literally since uh and Larry and Carolyn's home. He is surrounded, no surprise here by thousands of patches and one slid and one slid that Speedy wrote on that Speedy actually Larry pulled Speedy on the slid.
Speaker 2: Speedy is awesome. Speedy. You know, if there's anything you need to let us know, just remember Book of Eli.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm, got it, you good, got it. This has been such a pleasant trip. They're such great host and Carolyn is such a great cook. Thank you, and your breakfast was fabulous. By the way, I woke up pretty. I woke up pretty, humh and also to a knock on the door from Larry want to make sure everything was okay. At one point of ought you wanted to come in and get into bed with me, Larry, Okay, I wasn't sure, so so we want to go over just a few things, guys, And I know you probably have a lot of questions. But when I got here yesterday, he was around dinner time and Carolyn had everything hot and ready time. Oh yeah, and Larry even said she looked hot. At one point I thought, well that's that's a little bit.
Speaker 2: Honeymooners.
Speaker 6: Well, all of a sudden he gets on the phone and I realized he's talking to San Diego US Border Patrol and he's just having a conversation with him. And I witnessed how he gets patches. And you develop a conversation with him, You tell them what to google, you ask him if they have Google, and then and then they bring up the story and then they sit there and watch it and so they know you're legit, right, Yeah, And uh, they wanted.
Speaker 14: To know how I spent my last name, and I just go Henry Ocean, Parl king Ida, Norah Sam.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's Hopkins, right. I don't think. Well, but some people, you know, you just gotta you gotta, they gotta know, right, And then you give them the address and then you invite them over like you yeah, yeah, and I don't know when they're ever in Dublin. Yeah, yeah, and uh, but but they they were very kind and said that in a few days you'll have some patches. Right, yeah, they said that.
Speaker 14: But then the next week we'll have a US Border Patrol San Diego sector.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's been excited about that.
Speaker 8: You just randomly pick pick people to call, and you have like a list and you just go through it every day and see what who.
Speaker 13: I was?
Speaker 14: Random only places? Carolyn will hear a place on a radio and just say call that town. Ups yet they have a police department.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then you just start searching, right, Colin, they.
Speaker 3: Have a police department.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's do you do you see a moment that you could confidently say I have enough patches?
Speaker 2: No, okay, that's the second.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now he hears. What's amazing rick Is and Greg and Adler is that you could bring up a conversation from the past or story and he will take you to the frame and to the patch without hesitation. And look, literally, how many how many frames y'all have in here? Do you think, Carolyn?
Speaker 17: In here?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 17: No, just in the house seventy six.
Speaker 6: Seventy six, yeah, yeah, and these are big frames, everybody, please don't think they're small frames. He can take you to the frame row and everything and go there's the patch. It's it's really something. Yeah, it really is. It really is. And he lets us know, you know what, they're in alphabetical order each state.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 6: And he lets we got some Indian reservation patches too, don't you right?
Speaker 3: We have three framed uh just Traber Indian Police.
Speaker 6: Oh that's something else. That's something else to add to the collection.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: We I did want to bring something to you to because of what y'all mean to I don't know where this would go, but we have a framed Rick Burgess show ten. It says to Larry and Carolyn, thanks for your support and we've each personally. I'd like for this to go in the kitchen. I mean maybe yeah, yeah, there everywhere, yes, uh huh, yes right here. Okay, that's not on the phone. That's up there.
Speaker 3: As I did ride patch. See there's that Learry got at the I did ride in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Wow, Larry, I'm telling you, I'm feeling for you.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's combining your two favorite things. I did Rod and patches in the one. You're giving it to me, Larry, But no, that no notice.
Speaker 3: That jet we have five of them.
Speaker 7: Oh it means, it means really kind of you.
Speaker 8: But does Larry realize that how many time champions? The guy from Alabama is actually one of the champions. You know, he's won it multiple times?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was talking about that to the to the two of them, and they they acted like I was giving them old news. Uh, and then they kind of kind of scoffed at me a little bit.
Speaker 2: But we don't know a lot about it.
Speaker 6: And Larry, you know, we have the in the box seats and I know that y'all want to attend one day. We've had a lot of great listeners have stopped by and they have patches, and I wanted to give you this here from the Wildlife Fisheries and Parks in mississip there's a patch. The Lamar County, Mississippi Sheriff's Department. There's a patch, Oh yes, sir, the Lumberton, Mississippi Police Department, the calyn there's Chicago Police. There you go, Carolyn, so I've given you to her too. And then there's this one the sobriety trained officers representing Mississippi called Storm their patch in honor of Greg. And then also Temple Baptist Church has given us a challenge coin from out of Mississippi. I'm gonnaive this one to Yah. Yeah, Rick, Yes, here is a.
Speaker 3: Bag of extra pack just that we want you to divide up and give to everybody.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, and when I thought life couldn't get any better, Thank you, Larry.
Speaker 8: You know what, though, I think you should start a patch collection, Rick, and you can put it down there at the farm at Yeah, I have.
Speaker 2: I'm I want tell you Where'm gonna hang the first one?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well he's got that. Larry is really adamant about Rick Burgess show challenge coin and pass.
Speaker 2: We're working on. We're working on, Larry right now. That's actually being being made as we speak.
Speaker 6: At Wow.
Speaker 14: We've got three hundred and fifty duplicate patches and say them.
Speaker 3: Amplicates.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but I just vandomly picked out the bank of our duplicates and I'm telling them to you guys. But the I did it right patch does go to Adler.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: When we come back, I want to I'm picking up on something and I want to ask Larry, and I want you to be honest with me. I'm gonna ask you direct about this when we come back, and.
Speaker 6: He's got a bone to pick with you, Well, he's got a bone to pick with you.
Speaker 1: All right, Listen, when we come back, Larry and I we are agreements. We're gonna we're gonna work it out. Okay, Larry, all right, we'll do that. We can make and and Speedy. I really am thinking this before this hour is over. We have to give the audience a chance to call if that's possible. I think you can hear it there, right, yeah, yeah, all right, we'll come back. Larry clears the air bone to pick with me and something I'd like to ask Larry about.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like it. We'll be right back. Stick over. Speedy is with us.
Speaker 1: Uh, Larry, and and Carolyn are there. Uh so, Larry, you had a bone to pick with me, So let's let's start with that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 14: Carolyn and Speedy will agree that I am not that demanding, Adam.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just say, Larry, could you speak up. I can barely hear you say it.
Speaker 3: Again, Carolyn and Speedy and I am not demanding Larry.
Speaker 1: I have listened to I mean, you're Carolyn, you've heard him when he kind of he kind of told.
Speaker 17: Speaking he's really a sweetheart.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, demand, I think sweet said that. It was a it was a sweet demanding, not like a rude.
Speaker 2: It's just very frank.
Speaker 9: I mean it.
Speaker 17: Maybe he wants to get your attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like he doesn't say this, I sweet. What do you think about going outside and looking ty san susie what he does?
Speaker 2: And he goes, let's go, let's go fee choosie, let's go.
Speaker 6: Well, he's got he's got things to do your eggs yea, yeah, but you know you you you say that Rick, Rick's got an issue?
Speaker 1: What's what?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 10: Larry?
Speaker 2: Oh? C d oh, Larry. I just like things to be a certain way.
Speaker 1: And by the way, if I was in there right now, I'd be straightening those frames up in a second.
Speaker 6: So but I do I do want to to offer you up something real quick. These are these are protein balls, okay, and my wife Terry, uh, she made these balls and I just want you to try a ball. How about that? Have you ever had protein ball? I've never heard of them, you haven't, Carolyn. Here, here's you a little napkin and and then Larry, let me get you a little napkin. Here and and you didn't have to You know, I don't have to eat the whole thing, but eat the whole thing. There you go, Carolyn. I didn't just bring I brought more than two. I brought a whole bag full. Sure. Yeah, that can be a little sticky. Go ahead and eat that. Now, get on it.
Speaker 3: Rick, Uh huh, one bit, Kirlyn, and I want you in the bike.
Speaker 14: Everybody there over to our house whenever you can bring your wife, spending as much time to you want to.
Speaker 3: Is it open house for the whole crew?
Speaker 13: Have you?
Speaker 1: Have you cleared this with Carolyn? Are you talking to the entire audience or just the staff? Justf Carolyn?
Speaker 6: Is that okay? If if everybody comes over, yes, we'd love it. So maybe so when we finally when we get some vacation time, we come straight here. Oh that would be wow. That would be good. Have you tried that protein ball yet?
Speaker 3: How you like it?
Speaker 6: Carolyn?
Speaker 17: It's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Are you Larry?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: You love you're getting off in it.
Speaker 8: I would like to see Carolyn and Larry come here and then they can stay with you and Terry.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well they've been saying that they've been talking about the camp house and how much that's a good one. The camp about the camp house that they really want to Uh, okay that maybe come down and maybe even bring some patches that we can hang in the barn. You know it'll be fun. Fish a lot. Do you fish?
Speaker 3: Ever? But I haven't picked along time.
Speaker 6: You haven't, Larry.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to have you around if you're gonna order me around.
Speaker 3: Though, I'm not going to be ordered.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he heard, he heard you say that, and he goes.
Speaker 3: Rick said I was demanded.
Speaker 6: I said, well he didn't he what he didn't mean? Mean what?
Speaker 1: Here's what I'd like to ask. I've noticed this with Larry, okay and speedy. This may be hurtful. I think you're definitely in the in the two slot. And it may be reversed, but it's obvious and you even mentioned it, and I've been paying attention since you mentioned it. Larry really likes Adler. Yeah, he's picked his favorite, hasn't it Adler?
Speaker 2: Diet that computer taken care of? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, no, no.
Speaker 17: Do you like patches, honey?
Speaker 3: And do you like Adla?
Speaker 6: Is he your favorite?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 6: Larry?
Speaker 1: You seem to you seem to have a favorite and it seems to be Adler and I may be Speedy's number two, but obviously, but I can't.
Speaker 2: I hear you talk about Adler a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Adler goes all your work. He does the video and his back up. We love that. Everybody else, h uh, the commentary, the news and whatever. We love that. We love every one of you.
Speaker 17: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody, love everybody.
Speaker 2: That's impossible to love everybody the same Larry.
Speaker 7: It's like, Larry don't have a favorite patch. He loves all of his boys.
Speaker 6: He does.
Speaker 7: Actually, do you have like a crown patch?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 15: Crown?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I do.
Speaker 14: We have one right from the Vice president bodyguard, uh, secret service?
Speaker 6: I think is that over there?
Speaker 3: They showed it Tuba last night where we've.
Speaker 6: Moved everything, and we moved, we moved everything around. He knew exactly where they were, and then we started moving things to. You don't even know where your favorite you know you found Oh my goodness, you found it? Okay, hold on, hit he's literally running away. Where is it?
Speaker 3: Larry?
Speaker 2: This is Larry's favorite? Where's where's she going?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: He's speaking of my whole frame. He's speaking a whole frame.
Speaker 4: Oh boy.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's right there there you going from, Larry.
Speaker 2: Don't you think that should have its own thing? Yeah?
Speaker 14: US Secret Service right there, Rice President and Joe Web Secret Service, Buddyguard.
Speaker 6: Uh wow, that's your favorite.
Speaker 2: I see that having its own small frame layer.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, this here is not the federal patches.
Speaker 2: Your favorite. It shouldn't be in there with bunch the other ones.
Speaker 6: F b I right here, you're a middle finger pointer. I didn't know that.
Speaker 14: Right here, Uh, Secret Service as well as right to here, US Border Patrol.
Speaker 6: This is a serious business.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, that's a serious business. So yeah, that's that big US Marshall. So Larry has a favorite patch, but not a favorite person hate Larry. Let me ask you this, Yes, do you think I know you've seen Speedy's legs and you you talked about that and didn't know about your compound fracture and thank you for the gory story, but uh wow, wow what a scar? Uh do you think Speedy could pull you on the sled? I mean you pulled him on the sled. Do you think you think those those thighs could do it?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yes, I sling you around, wouldn't it? And what do you say? What what's what do you hike? Hike? Did y'all know that? That's what they scream? Is hike?
Speaker 14: I do?
Speaker 6: Now you get it on the top there, but it won't.
Speaker 3: That didn't right, is ge and jah?
Speaker 6: So gee John, hike hike.
Speaker 3: Husky? Uh? To stop the dogs that you go break and hook?
Speaker 1: Okay, Larry, if you were forced, let's say that that God said you have to pick patches are all things involving sleds and sled dogs, and you had to get rid of one?
Speaker 2: Which one would you let go?
Speaker 3: I'd get rid of this, I'd get rid of the dogs that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Oh, all right? So what so she likes dogs? So you like the dog slid, but.
Speaker 3: You actually have three dog sleds?
Speaker 6: Do you do?
Speaker 7: Let me ask you this, Larry Real, I'm sorry, Greg, Larry Real quick patches or Caroly Patches? Are Carolyn?
Speaker 15: Carolyn?
Speaker 3: The packers would have to go.
Speaker 6: Sorry to hear that.
Speaker 8: Let me ask you this what we saw Susie who don't like speedy. I'm surprised y'all don't own a husky. It's a little hot down here for him.
Speaker 6: I get that right, real hot in here.
Speaker 3: We're a husky. We wouldn't have a husky if someone was to give it to us.
Speaker 2: Why it wouldn't.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be paired to the dog like Carolyn's.
Speaker 6: Head, Speedy.
Speaker 2: Does that make you feel bad a little bit?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I mean they get hot. I mean and with all the fur and every they would really have to be an inside dog.
Speaker 2: Well not necessarily, that wouldn't not there apparently.
Speaker 10: But.
Speaker 6: Inside outside no difference has.
Speaker 3: Her own pen and he's a box or.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw that Mandad is friendly.
Speaker 3: He's actually rescued Doug.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, yeah, I talk he's about to rescue Speedy from her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there wasn't a fence there.
Speaker 2: You want to try some phone calls for Larry and Carolyn?
Speaker 6: Yes, oh yeah. If you've got questions, give us a holler.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's let's try it. Eight eight eight six big Vox eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine. You want to speak with Larry, Speedy, Carolyn, any of us. We're gonna give you that opportunity when we come back.
Speaker 2: All right, So it's you.
Speaker 1: It's your time now, America to talk to Larry, Carolyn or Speedy beautiful setup Larry. Quest from The text line is a raving success. Sounds just like Speedy's in the studio with Larry and Carolyn. The remote setup is gold. Hey, I rearranged my schedule to day not to miss this. I'm devoting part of my vacation to this today. The audience is loving it and they want a chance to chat.
Speaker 6: Now, Speedy, let me know I'm not hearing it.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, Carolyn you okay, Carolyn?
Speaker 3: Can you hear it?
Speaker 2: Testing one? Two for Carolyn?
Speaker 10: Perfect?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Okay, here we go, your own the Rick Burgess Show with Carolyn, Speedy, Larry and the guys.
Speaker 2: Go right ahead.
Speaker 15: Hey, this is.
Speaker 10: Jeremy from Hedevil.
Speaker 6: I was actually the listeners that stopped by and stayed with Larry for a couple of hours a few months ago.
Speaker 17: Oh, we're glad to hear from you.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was going to be back in the area in two or three weeks.
Speaker 15: I want to know.
Speaker 10: I don't need some black and miles drop by.
Speaker 17: You don't have to bring black and Miles, but we'd love to have you visit.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and bring Yeah.
Speaker 6: I tell you what, Larry, He'll pull on one yes problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Carolyn, it doesn't concern you at all that Larry keeps inviting people to your home that you don't even know they are.
Speaker 17: Not really, I guess I'm getting used to it. I know it's iffy. It's iffy, but it's a lot of fun too, Okay, that's honest, Rick.
Speaker 3: Yes, in front of us are two jackets the patches. No, yes, can you see it?
Speaker 6: Break?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh I can see him there.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, they're hanging now on the sled and here on the table.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 6: Those are very special to them really.
Speaker 14: Uh for the patae or from a brace code to the Yukon quest Uh huh.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 14: It is a range from Fairbanks, Alaska the White Horse in the Yukon Territory of Canada.
Speaker 1: We wait, man, wait, are you saying the jackets bridge the gap between the ideita rod and the patch world?
Speaker 3: No, some of the patches okay, from that you conquest.
Speaker 2: But what should it be some Larry, shouldn't you have an area? Says?
Speaker 1: This is all patches that that that that are part of the idea to Rod world. Maybe their own jacket, their own frame. It's some of this just seems a little a little unorganized.
Speaker 6: I feel like I need to help you know now Now, now he's trying to miss with you, you're gonna send.
Speaker 3: Him and got it under control.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure we have.
Speaker 2: It feels a little bit a little shooting from the hit ler.
Speaker 6: Yeah. We have frames that that are in alphabetical order by the state. Uh, and so things might right now. We pulled everything out to show a little bit of a showcase for all of you, but it was a lot more organized up and down the hall and everything. But Larry, people want to talk to you all. So let's you want to go to another car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go rick Burgers. Show you're on, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I just wanted to give Larry some insight.
Speaker 6: He's that he always calls and gives people the spelling of his last name, so I wanted to give him the phonetic alphabet. So maybe we'll get me a little more clout, get people to give in. But so it's Hopkins correct.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 6: Oh, so okay, Larry, So eight is for hotel?
Speaker 2: Oh is oscar?
Speaker 6: P is Papa Kay is Kilo, I is Indigo? In is November in s a Sierra.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the airport panetic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, that's good.
Speaker 3: The airport.
Speaker 14: Did I get the actually police department. Oh, Henry Ocean.
Speaker 2: That's not the one you should use. Henry Osha.
Speaker 6: Don't let you. Don't let him get to you, buddy. But now you know the airport too.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, how about Cary? Did you write that down, Larry?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't write it down. How you going?
Speaker 2: How are you gonna remember it?
Speaker 3: We've got a airport?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's go with it, Hopkins.
Speaker 14: Go airport version, airport version, Hotel Oscar Papa Lima. No, uh huh, Hotel Oscar Papa Lima in Indian alphabet, just your name.
Speaker 6: They just want you to spell you Hopkins. So what would be p Papa? All right?
Speaker 3: Okay, key klo November.
Speaker 6: What about I.
Speaker 3: Indio Indio?
Speaker 6: That's awesome, Larry, Carolyn. I know that that impressure probably kind of got you looking at him.
Speaker 2: Like there was a man who loved dispatches.
Speaker 6: Larry was his name?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 6: Hell?
Speaker 13: Or?
Speaker 3: What? Okay?
Speaker 13: That was.
Speaker 3: Question?
Speaker 14: I ask you real quick, go ahead, but give money if I called you by your first name or your last.
Speaker 7: Just as long as you call me Larry, you know, you can call me anything you like.
Speaker 10: Buddy.
Speaker 6: I think he really, I think he really wants to call you Chris, don't you, buddy? You want to call him Chris?
Speaker 3: Still awkward? Awkward calling you by your last name.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's what all men do. I'm gonna call you Hopkins.
Speaker 17: Okay, Honey? Tell him what A friend in Kentucky calls you a friend?
Speaker 3: Did I graduate with in Kentucky? Calls me Hoppy?
Speaker 5: My name?
Speaker 2: Right there? I changed the hops Yeah.
Speaker 14: Well, the thing is there was three Larry's in my graduation class, right and you didn't stand up called Larry.
Speaker 3: One called me happy? The other in they called Jr.
Speaker 2: Is your name Larry Wayne Hopkins?
Speaker 3: No, Larry Thomas?
Speaker 2: So Larry Wayne? Okay?
Speaker 4: Is it is?
Speaker 2: It is Larry Wayne. It's not.
Speaker 3: No, it's Larry Thomas.
Speaker 2: Okay, LT all right, you got it? Laurence Rick Birders show your own go ahead.
Speaker 15: I can only ask My question in song goes like this. If I said you had a beauty full ball, he would you hold it against me? If I swore you were angel, would you treat me.
Speaker 2: Completely?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: Who you singing that to?
Speaker 2: This is weird?
Speaker 1: Who is he singing it to?
Speaker 2: Speedy? Was he singing it to Carolyn? Who's he singing it to Larry.
Speaker 1: And that's offensive. Respect, Larry said, Larry, sitting right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Tiger the cat doesn't even know what to do.
Speaker 2: Rick Birger's Show your Own go ahead.
Speaker 15: About more then, lad straight?
Speaker 2: Yes, me too, Larry, Greg too, Rick Burger's Show your Own go Ahead, y'all.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 6: Hey Larry, Hey Carolyn, I got a question for y'all. I think you ought to maybe get Rick to come over there and help y'all hang up to Francis.
Speaker 15: He's gotten so handy, and hey, you handler.
Speaker 10: Come with him to help y'all fix that computer.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a great We call that a true Rick Burger's Show. You're on the air, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Well, this is my first time seeing Larry, and I'm gonna let you know this kind of ruined my experience. He's halfway normal looking. I was hoping to have a pump in his back or something.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I'm sorry to disappoint you.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen one. I haven't seen one pair of shoes since I've been here.
Speaker 3: You love you.
Speaker 6: He foot, he loves it well, and he loves his house shoes too. Well.
Speaker 1: There it is, I mean the the audience. Wow, I mean they're just they can't get enough.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, thank y'all. This has been a lot of fun. So much Carolyn.
Speaker 2: Can great job, great job, great job.
Speaker 3: Speedy, all right, take everybody show.
Speaker 2: I mean we havny times.
Speaker 1: We said this the people of New York City, boy, and I know that they don't represent everyone. And like I say, I have a son and daughter in law that that lived there and plan on going to visit them. But does it doesn't matter what political affiliation you're with. Can't we all learn from mistakes? We all make them, evidently not. We all make them. And I always say, just don't waste them, right, I mean we make them, we all make them learn from learn something. So the last time that New York City and any big city in America had the idea to go raise revenue by raising taxes on the most wealthy people, what happened? They all left yact. Do you realize there's forty nine other states. There's forty nine other states, and people can just move especially on with all that money. So Fidy is weighing in, Hey, fity weighing in on this latest socialist. You know, the only thing worse than just a socialist is an Islamic socialist. You know, let's let's really double down, which I'm not sure those two things can go together, but I guess politically and it can. But so, Fiddy has offered to pay for the New York City Democrat may oral candidate. Is it zoron Zorn ma'am Danny, okay am I the am I in the ballpark?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, Zorrn, ma'am Danny, ma'am Danny, ma'am Danny.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Said he would pay him to leave the state because he knows what his tax plan will be and he wants no part of it.
Speaker 2: He said this on the Breakfast Club podcast.
Speaker 1: Uh and apparently Ma'm Danny appeared there when he was talking about his plan, and now Fiddy, after hearing about that plan, has now come out and said I'll pay for this guy to leave.
Speaker 8: He actually used Fitty as an example.
Speaker 2: Yes he did, which is not which probably wouldn't. Fitty didn't like that.
Speaker 1: He said, this is, this is, this is, Ma'm Danny said, we're talking about raising revenue. I want to trump proof this city. I'm raising corporate taxes and I want to raise taxes on the top one percent of New Yorkers. We're talking about people make a million dollars a year or more. We're going to tax them and increase their taxes. Also, corporations making millions, not just in revenue but in profit. I'm going to raise taxes on them as well. He said, I know fifty is listening. He's not going to be happy about this. He tends not to like this tax policy. But I want to be very clear. This is about for him about twenty thousand dollars more a year. And he says, if I want to do this to make New York better, and so he says if fifty said, I don't know where he came from.
Speaker 2: I don't know who this is. I don't like this plan.
Speaker 1: And he says, I'll give him two hundred and fifty eight thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars and a first class one way ticket from New York. And he said, I'm going to tell Trump what he said too about Trump proofing the city. So fifty doesn't like it, Nope, no longer well and really paying his way out of that New Yorkers. I just don't know how to break this to you. The reason why you have to watch these people. And I don't know how many more times we have to say this. These things have been tried and they always fail. You can even be completely one hundred and eighty percent opposed to us politically, but all of us should be able to agree that you shouldn't keep trying things that fail.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, yes, Jane, all right. First of all, no.
Speaker 1: Political candidate can raise the kind of revenue that a city like New York needs or a country like the United States needs by raising taxes on one percent of the people. You could take one hundred percent of one percent and you won't get through a month. Okay, So this is absurd. The math does not work. They're going to come after everybody, and the most wealthy people we'll simply leave.
Speaker 2: And this is this not a theory. I mean we've seen it in practice time and time again.
Speaker 8: Rick, I'll give you an example from nineteen seventy one, the Rolling Stones here we go became techs exiles from the UK.
Speaker 2: Do you know what the rate was?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 8: Ninety eight percent on the He said, ninety eight cents of every dollar is what they wanted.
Speaker 2: Wow, And they packed their bags and left. It's never enough. And he's they, I mean what in the.
Speaker 7: World and this guy, this guy's entire economic view is totally twisted and incorrect and communist. It truthfully is sure it is. Here's his plan for lowering prices in supermarkets in New York City. Here's a quick clip of him talking about this. And I mentioned that breadlines are gonna be coming back if you do this. That's what happened.
Speaker 5: Those three prices are out of control. The cost of eggs and milk has skyrocketed. Dumb store or even using dynamic pricing, jacking up the cost over the course of a day, depending on what they can get away with. It doesn't need to be this way. I'm Zaradam Bunny, and as mayor, I will create a network of city owned grocery stores. Oh, it's like a public option for produce. We will redirect city funds from corporate supermarkets to city owned grocery stores. Be Michuel is lower prices, not price gouging, and.
Speaker 2: Bet that'll go well. Let me tell you what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You'll go to the city owned like you said Adler, correctly, it's just like government owned. You'll go to the city owned grocery store and you will be able to buy whatever is available, and when you walk in there, because of how idiotic this is, and the basic things you need like toilet paper and feminine products will not be on the shelves and you're just gonna have to grab what they have. Oh, you'll have a city grocery store and you'll be talking about how grade it is until you go in there and realize there's nothing on the shelves.
Speaker 7: He doesn't get how the world works, guys. He goes on in the a food He goes Yes. He goes on in the in the Veto video to say these stores will operate without a profit motive, and that I go, well, and they're not gonna have to pay property taxes or rent and we will pass those savings onto you.
Speaker 2: Do you realize.
Speaker 16: It?
Speaker 1: Go anywhere this has been tried in the world. Yes, And you'll go in and say, well, what are we getting for dinner this week? And everybody says, apparently they found a good deal on such and such pento beans. And so you go in there and the aisle has lots of pento beans. There's just not anything else, and you end up eating and using whatever they have. There's no free market and there's no choices. When you said feminine products at I got spoof.
Speaker 7: This is I will not stand for that. Guys, when you don't operate, when you're operating without a profit motive, you have no motive to moderate with that too. There's no motive to make money, to be efficient, to do to provide a good service. It all goes out the window.
Speaker 2: So come on, New York. Don't do this to your York.
Speaker 7: Don't do this about to elect a communist.
Speaker 2: Don't do this again. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Let's call Speedy's on his way back, so let's let's call him and uh and just see if we can kind of ask a few questions. We couldn't ask why he was, you know, there with everybody except well, buzz h.
Speaker 2: I like the fact that we're letting it ring.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey buddy, Hey man, hey, you're so you're live live all the way live, live, live all the way live.
Speaker 2: You can't believe it. You can't believe it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, right, yeah, yeah, you know it's uh, it's the right home after a ball game or after a workout.
Speaker 10: You're just in the car, you know, and you're just you're just you're just kind of sitting here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and but hey, you know what it was, there's just the sweetest little couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a big win. I think that I think I think they had fun. Uh you seem to be free. Uh, they let you leave. I think that was something that we were hopeful about. I want I have a very I have a very important it is I have a very specific question. I need to know take take the storms out of it. I know there were storms in that played a role. Were you able to sleep, like doze off to sleep? Was did sher exhaustion? And the time that we all get up did it did it help you? Were you nervous? Were their noises? Tell me about the overnight?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, you know once Larry put me to put me to bed and read to me. Yeah, and then came back in shirtless. Uh I I I kind of had to kind of come down, uh and and you know, just kind of take a deep breath and turn the lights off. And I don't know why things start creating noise once the lights are off. I don't know if you just pay attention to them more, but it's almost like lights off make noise.
Speaker 10: And I don't know what what's up with that?
Speaker 6: They kind of went, they went to the other end of the house, and uh, and then I think it was a limb that was just outside their house from one of the bushes, because the storm rolled through, and so through through the window you have you have lightning, and so it kind of lights the room up a little bit like a horror movie, but not white. And then and then you start hearing something like on the window pane, you know, like scratching, like I want in on it's it's like a limb, you know. And and then your mind starts playing tricks on you because I don't know why I felt this way, because it was such a pleasant house and they were so sweet, but you just you know, you're not you're not in your own bed.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: And so and there were times I felt like something was crawling on my leg or touched my head, and I know that that was that was clearly just me.
Speaker 7: How was the bad too hard? Too soft?
Speaker 2: How was the bad.
Speaker 1: Mattress's mattress and mattress and pillow We need to send them a healings right.
Speaker 6: Well, no, the mattress mattress was okay, but for some reason, and I don't know. Larry even said, you know, hey, the mattress makes noise when you move.
Speaker 1: He should know, like yeah, and uh.
Speaker 6: And so every time, every time I kind of.
Speaker 10: Moved my hip or reposition, he was like a little bit okay. And then but but I didn't know. I didn't want to sound too weird because if I moved too much.
Speaker 6: He was like, right, so.
Speaker 11: Weird because I'm in there by myself well, and so so I would wake up a little bit.
Speaker 6: From time to time, I found myself dozing off. Have you ever dozed off?
Speaker 10: But you're not sure if you did or not?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, you know, yes I do.
Speaker 6: It's like, right, it's like have I been have I It's al much like your eyes are open with your eyes closed.
Speaker 2: You're hung between somewhere between sleep. Did I sleep? How long was I gone? I felt like I was still conscious, but I'm not.
Speaker 10: Sure I was exactly exactly.
Speaker 6: And so I felt like there were times that I probably did doze off pretty good, but I felt like I didn't.
Speaker 10: I know, I probably did, So.
Speaker 7: You feel like I did, Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you kind of.
Speaker 6: I kind of feel like I did a little bit, but I'm still a little bit out of swords.
Speaker 10: Just because it means I wasn't in my own bed.
Speaker 2: But hey, look, you know, did you did you lock the door from the inside.
Speaker 10: I did.
Speaker 6: I knew it.
Speaker 2: I knew it. You might as well be concious that's are very vulnerable.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: They should do the same thing if they were at your house.
Speaker 6: They don't know, right well, I felt like if they needed to get in, you know, he could probably have, you know, shouldered the door and popped it open if I needed help, you know, but I was not. I kind of just wanted to make sure I was in there by myself. And I don't think that I didn't know if he slept, sleep walks, I don't.
Speaker 10: I didn't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Absolutely, It's funny you said that because they said, you know, this is a little weird for us too.
Speaker 10: I mean, yeah, they don't, you know, he said.
Speaker 6: They said, you know, I hate to say this, but we're kind of a little a little nervous and anxious. This was our conversation had many prior to me getting there, and you know, it was like, hey, this was this is different for us too, you know, And so I tried to I mean, here we come, you know, a show, we're live.
Speaker 10: I mean it was.
Speaker 6: World.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, and I think they've probably had to tell themselves over and over again. They have a they have a national platform. They it's a public platform. If Speedy comes over here to kill us, he's gonna get caught. Yeah, you know, I would have been thinking. I would have been thinking things like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, no, you're right.
Speaker 6: I do want to Uh.
Speaker 10: I don't know who it was.
Speaker 6: From time to time because their address has been made public, we would have listeners coming by, honking like they were in a parade. Matter of fact, somebody even set off fireworks in the front yard and made me jump up. I didn't know what that was, and so, oh, yeah, I'm dead serious. And of course the bed the whole time is going because I'm jumping around.
Speaker 10: I don't know what's up. But somebody said something off right by the window, and and so I don't know what it. I have no idea. I asked him, good neighbors.
Speaker 6: He said, they don't normally do that, but I know it was probably all in fun from somebody. But met one of the listeners there in Dublin on the way out.
Speaker 8: Very do you got the picture with that I saw? I guess he said, Uh, he must have sent it because it was on the text screen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it was.
Speaker 10: Was it Jordan, Jordan or Jordie? I can't remember. I think it might have been Jordan's. I think I might have that right. I apologize if I don't.
Speaker 6: But yeah, he came by, and of course Carolyn, being the sweetheart, come on in.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I worry about Yeah, and the food with the food looked good by the way.
Speaker 10: The breakfast, yeah, yeah, it was. It was delicious.
Speaker 6: And she showed out on breakfast and Larry, I just say this, Larry eats good. She's quite the cook.
Speaker 8: We got a question from the text line, did you leave one soaking?
Speaker 2: You have to ask? I'm just reading off the text.
Speaker 10: Great, great, And your last question is did you leave one so well?
Speaker 2: I mean it's like a trademark.
Speaker 6: Did you did you?
Speaker 2: Did you go to the restroom in the middle of the night?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 10: Rick Yuh.
Speaker 6: There was one time I about eleven I picked out there. I kept thinking I was hearing something and I did a little SKay uh. But I didn't know if he was time because from time to time from the other side of the door, I would hear.
Speaker 10: You know, and I'm like, well in the hall, you.
Speaker 6: Know, my biggest concern and I put it on my Instagram story, is you know when you could you kind of come out of darkness.
Speaker 10: Into light and stuff. Your your eyes are like real weird? Do I see the silhouette of Larry at the end of the hall. What's that about? But I did have to get up and pee you a couple of times. Uh, well twice.
Speaker 2: I'm two every night.
Speaker 10: Well, well, I had to drink.
Speaker 6: You know, it was a long day and I didn't pull back on my drinking of water and coffee until late uh, just to kind of get me going and get me there. And I mean I had I was riding sleds and you know, having a good old time. But uh so I had.
Speaker 7: Right, Uh did you did you inhale?
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 2: What was? Yeah? I saw you trying not to did did did the temperature in the room? Did you get it cool enough?
Speaker 6: The window now, the window of the a c Uh? It was it was giving me all it got and I knew it was. So I couldn't complain to it because it was like, man, I'm trying as hard as.
Speaker 15: I can, you know.
Speaker 13: The uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it was really really hot.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I could.
Speaker 6: I could fill him, uh you know with the cold air, and so I knew he was trying. But that's still at times it was just so warm.
Speaker 1: So he didn't get as cool in that room as you would have liked if you were like running things.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, not not quite as.
Speaker 10: I prefer However, it was not so warm that I couldn't sleep. Yeah, okay, okay, but I don't know if I slept.
Speaker 2: What you're talking about. Were you surprised at the number of patches or did you need that coming?
Speaker 10: No, I was.
Speaker 6: I was overwhelmed with the amount of pact. I could not believe the amount of pacts. I thought videos and and the TV uh you know, uh, I guess piece they did on them where they came and he kind of gave you an idea. Guys, you don't understand. It is probably six frames deep all the way down the hall, and they have a little office that I didn't even.
Speaker 10: Get to show y'all, and it had frames in there, come.
Speaker 2: Set seven hundred and something, I think, wow, speedy frames.
Speaker 6: And they said, they said in the in the collecting frame world that there that's not even that's nothing. I mean there's people that are like, really really into Speedy.
Speaker 2: Be careful on the way home. Keep the caffeine rocking. I don't think you slept a lot, buddy, I just don't.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, great job, I have that feeling and reset. Great job, great, huge success, right, huge excess.
Speaker 8: We're putting you on the wheeling spending.
Speaker 9: Yep, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick, Here from The Rick Burgess Show, Speedy and Larry quest today.
Speaker 2: If you missed it, grab it on the archive.
Speaker 1: Speedy returns home tomorrow and we'll break down the stories of the day on a brand new Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze Tv.