Speaker 1: Welcome back to the live podcast for anybody seek Heet, the official primary ticketing partner of your Washington Commander's Fine Tickets to Commander's games hat more at seekeet my guy, Fred's Food. I'm Michael Jenkins, Commander's we outside.
Speaker 2: What catch you you are right now?
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm cheating. You know, I got my fishing head on. You know what I'm saying. It was the coolest day of training camp I think I've ever been a part of. It's nice out Like this is so nice that I think I'm gonna take a long scroll because I'm I don't take watas I take scroll stroll.
Speaker 2: I'ma taking a scroll like that. Put the head down to.
Speaker 3: The fishing hole. Wow, I ain't gonna telling man, Like the one thing you do is you get older days like this here grasty. Yes, yeah, because like I have found out for myself jinks. I used to be a summer child, like okay, growing up and mis seep out in the summer child love heat. Now I'm more of a spring fall guy. Them of my favorite times a year. I don't like it too cold, I don't like it too hot. I like it just like that barrel like his porch. I like it just right.
Speaker 1: I used to be a child of the summer. Would you believe going up in Texas? Used to water ski back in the day.
Speaker 2: I can believe that in Texas. But as I'm older now I'm not on the water, so I just.
Speaker 3: Burn now here. Gonna think about it? Is we lose that their devil mentality like when we're when we're young, we ain't pray I'm crazy, Like, come on, I tried to. I took my kids to bush gardens. Okay, I don't ride rides no more. I don't have the thrill. I don't the thrill seeking. I got on a roller coaster two years ago and lost it as I sat there with my eyes closed, praying to Baby Jesus to let this be over past six Baby gez listen as I prayed. Then I said, you know what, just let me get off here. I'll never get on the ride again, Jinx, I have never got on the ride again, and I don't intend on getting ever on the ride ever again.
Speaker 2: Well, you are meaner going to ride this season. We'll be together a lot.
Speaker 3: I've been saying, I like the ride. When JD five takes me on the ride. But the ride I'm talking about. No, I'm talking about the physicality. I can't do it. How could I ever do it? No?
Speaker 2: You done it?
Speaker 3: We done it like that. I was, I was, I was a theredel but I would sky die whatever like nothing. I just don't have it. I don't. Somewhere along the line, I lost my fearlessness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I feel like you still got a little bit in you.
Speaker 3: Not really really, I'm more contemporary. I'm just safe guy.
Speaker 2: Well watch watch Fred smooth slow down, right in front of your eyes. Every every Tuesday. The pot is coming out now, backed by popular demand. Tuesday. Yes, you know, it was to day that everybody was used to.
Speaker 3: They like to store it. They week off getting loud and I got no problem with it.
Speaker 2: And now we're extending this to the pregame show.
Speaker 1: So we got a pregame show, Big one hundred Friday, getting ready for the Patriots game, and you and me now the pregame show and the postgame show three hours long.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna be you and me essentially a live version to get loud.
Speaker 3: He guess what, we.
Speaker 2: Gonna have some fun Jaco time we lose or draw. This team has shown us.
Speaker 3: They could show us things that we haven't seen, and the loan to me, and it's good that we get to narrated. That's it could be the hair Raiders for the pregame and post game. That's a privilege. It is. I want to thank them forgive I'm Ryan, yo, come, thank you for giving me that privilege. Yes?
Speaker 1: And second that also company man, Company Man.
Speaker 2: I just want to do honestly, I want to thank the entire organization from.
Speaker 3: The top down. So your superhero skills right there. Oh that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So, whether it's for the pod, whether it's for the pregame, show, tell us what you think.
Speaker 2: Seven O three seven two cents yes, seven full one nine one Now call us.
Speaker 1: Let us know your predictions, what you want to see in the preseason.
Speaker 2: How excited you are. Give us all of your thoughts and you might hear them here in the pod and of the pregames. You could leave us an old fashioned voicemail. Gives me a zip. Old fashioned voice mails some.
Speaker 3: Things we need to keep. Your appendance might not be one of them. But guess what old fashion voice mails are?
Speaker 2: One and you split up. I didn't expecting the peix reference here certainly in the show.
Speaker 3: We talked earlier about useless thing. Yes, it used to matter, that don't matter anymore, that's true. And GPS in your car is useless now got your phone don't matter?
Speaker 4: All right, So it's an appendix. Didn't need it in the first everything never needed it. Tompsons didn't need a meal. So it's some things in our life that you know, pumpkin.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I can see Anna shaking her head right now.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is we have things that we've turned the page on. Yep, turned the page on some things.
Speaker 1: So call us, let us know what you think before we talking about camp very quickly, it's the two year anniversary of the pod.
Speaker 2: Look at this.
Speaker 1: I told this to Anna. Kayley can vouch for this. I said this to Anna early. I go two years h and and it goes yeah.
Speaker 2: A god, yeah, we had to have some enthusiasm, right, she's a little tired ye out to that. I was like, okay, I won't take that personally. Two years and so it was like two decades, but all right.
Speaker 3: When they say if you make it a year and a half with a podcast, that means you got longevity in your podcast. For us to make two years.
Speaker 1: Hey, Mike ain't into that. I mean, now we got cutwaters to drink from. Come on, make a progress here. So let's talk about camp because here we are, it's.
Speaker 2: A perfect day. I mean, gotta breeze going. It's gorgeous out here. That Drew Brees I feel so nice. Got the Patriots coming up. So let's let's start with the offense.
Speaker 1: And just a takeaway or two that you took the offense watching these guys.
Speaker 3: They're going to it's hard to say this, but they're going to be better than last year.
Speaker 2: I think you're right.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the second year under the coordinator Cliff Kingsbury. You're talking about JD five having the second year of him in the same offense. You're talking about add dynamic guys like Bill in the backfield, and you also add Deebo Samuels out there. I think they're going to be better all the way around. And because they reinforced that offensive line a lot of times. Last year, Cliff couldn't use the whole playbook. He had to let the running backs chip, he had to leave the tight ends end sometime. Now we're gonna see one percent unleafed, unleashed Kliff Kingsbury, and I think that's gonna be special.
Speaker 2: Tunsel's gonna be so huge. We just talked about not needing tunsils, yes, but now we do.
Speaker 3: But now we do. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also when you don't, I mean you notice him, but you don't notice him, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But that's a great office lives.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: You know what Chris Samuels used to be the same way. Where Chris would be out there practicing. You'll never hear his name called.
Speaker 2: But he was just doing his job.
Speaker 3: He just he over there grabbing somebody throwing him into the fence like that was his job.
Speaker 2: And Tunsel is that guy man.
Speaker 3: And when you go down the line Larry m at tunsl Coleman, be Hoddish, who I think is one of the best centers in football, then you still got Alligretted and all these other guys. With Connorley over there. It's a it's a great chance that this officeive Lie aka the wild Boards, takes it to the next level.
Speaker 1: I really want Brandon Coleman to get healthy, little little worried about his status, like I.
Speaker 3: Never want you to get nicked up is now like I want you to get nicked up. I want it to be now like this work all the kinks out. Let's go through all the my noution injuries. Let's do that now when.
Speaker 1: You look at some of the wrinkles, Cliff Kingsbury is gonna work into this offense. That to me, that's so exciting because we keep hearing how Jayden is ready to take that next step and it's such a given with a lot like look at Caleb Williams with the Bears, like I was talking about him this morning on my show, which is he has not looked good thus foreign training camp. He's got to start all over again because he got a new head coach, new offensive system.
Speaker 2: Jayden does not have that problem. He's gonna naturally take that.
Speaker 3: His transition is smoother. Like Chicago Bears did not do Caleb any They did him dirty, they didn't do him no phase by keeping the same head coach that you knew you was gonna fire. Yeah, you just put him a year in the hole. Now you have learned a whole new offense. Now you have learned a whole new terminology. From what I hear, we dodged a bullet with being just because he over there losing his mind. I hear he's over there hollering at everybody, all right, So maybe something why I believe in this, Like I dropped in the draft and I came here. I was mad at first until I got here and I was like, you know what, I rather dropping the draft and be here to get taken it higher in the draft and being Green Bay. So everything worked out positive the way, and you right, like Cayler Finn to go through some growing pain. You're talking about a guy since high school has never had ups and down. He has never had ups and down.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you said that because I was saying the same thing, which is for a lot of these guys, especially quarterbacks, they don't know anything but success.
Speaker 3: Think about Trevor Lewins, the prince who was promised he has never met ups and downs to the league. And if you gonna have your first ups and down in sports in the league, that's count of.
Speaker 2: Too late, or you at least better be able to handle it.
Speaker 3: You better learn how the problem solve, You better do it at high level. And that's why I love Jaden. Things didn't work out well for Jay when he first started at Everything State. He has to push the reset. But I liked players they had to go through something like Michael singing Still, they had to say, no, we want you to play dB instead of wide receiver. I had to change. He had to change his whole mindset. Like I liked players that had to go through something. And it's hard. It's gonna be hard watching Caleb because Caleb is already moody. He already wears his feelings on his face.
Speaker 1: And I feel like Jay Noise has a smile on jayde don't do the ups and down.
Speaker 3: No, He's just all in the middle. And that's what Caleb gonna have to develop. You're gonna have to develop the middle lane to ride in. And I don't know, man, I just don't see a good year coming from him. But Jim Zorn say back in the day, stay medium, stay medium.
Speaker 2: Because what are we supposed to do after this loss? Frey?
Speaker 3: Stay medium?
Speaker 2: I got you, coach, Thanks coach. So you mention Mikey sane received.
Speaker 1: I just love Mikey's everything about it and that secondary I'm so excited about when you look at the defense, what he's seeing.
Speaker 3: First of all, we won in the second round last year with Mikey sam Restille one again we won again with Trey Amams. Because Trey AMers is out there and he looks good. Tyler oins, this is my football crush right now. I think he's one of those guys. Once he gets on the field, he's still in somebody's job. He's one of those bandits. Ain't these guys before get on the field, they don't come off.
Speaker 2: He's an eraser. Will Harris is looking good.
Speaker 3: I don't have to tell you Frankie Lou, Bobby Waggon of those guys. But how we're built up front right now really does a lot for me because we built the wind early. We built the wind first down. Yeah, now we built the wind first down, so we earn the right to rush the pass on third down. That that's how you want to be built.
Speaker 1: Is the secondary of the group that probably is gonna have the most improvement? Do you think based on being healthy, based on experience?
Speaker 3: It's hard to say, because with the front, when you bring in Dietrich Wise and the rest of those ventures that been there, done that, the front in the back is attached anyway, like they only earn the right to get a second we cover. We only get a pick on if they make the quarterback uncomfortable. So it goes hand in hand. So is the front gonna do a benefit from the back end? Yes, it's the back ain't gonna benefit from the front, yes, So it's a give and to take. It's like being in a relationship. You can't get a man out the prospect making this a good relationship, but you can't the woman like it takes two.
Speaker 2: No love that, yeah, So in front of the guy that's getting married, right yea.
Speaker 1: Well, Ditrich wise is a good example of you know, you don't necessarily I mean, you have a starting form the defensive line, but there's gonna be a lot of dude.
Speaker 3: Just roa rotation. It ain't really a starting for it, right, It's who available this weekend? All y'all gonna play the same amount of plays anyway. Like they want to keep everybody fresh. That's their thing, keep everybody fresh, keep them dogs. Hunting the one thing you never want to do. Because I'm a hunter. I like to go into the woods, hunt deer, hunt duck. And when you go into these places, I'm coming in there like Elma Fudge. I ain't gonna bring no. I ain't bringing no tied dog with the dog. Can't the dog can't help me? I roach no.
Speaker 1: I was thinking sorry years ago when I would carry okay, I go to karaoke and there was a dude one remember the song True Colors by Cyndy law right, And this dude gets tell me I had a lot to drink, and he goes, I'm gonna sing True Colors by Cindy Lauper and the voice of Elmer Fudd. And I was like, this is a joke. This guy never broke character. And he was like, I see your twool call shine and he never stopped.
Speaker 2: I was like, I think he's being serious, right, I always think of that. Listen. You could meet some characters that carry out Oh my god, listen.
Speaker 3: Last time went to kara yokin son that purple rain, people crying in the crowd.
Speaker 2: Listen. So the good tears are like you gotta stop.
Speaker 3: No, these tears are like I seen couples out there hugging and kissing each other. Then when I knew I hit that note. Then when I knew it that listen, man, you got really I'm gonna tell it.
Speaker 2: The guy I know you are.
Speaker 3: I know you are.
Speaker 1: So one of the times you have is giving us analysis here, so give us your surprise takeaway.
Speaker 2: Who you singing the praises of singing.
Speaker 3: The praises of I am singing the praises of one Laramie Tonsel. Okay, so he's out there just just skid. It's just smooth with Laramie tunsl also aka the cross married ak b Bill. All Right, Bill looks the part. But I can't wait to see him practice against New England because you can't really tell officer line and running backs until you got the pass on. It's just one of those things.
Speaker 1: And uh and didn't he and Tyler Owen's go head to head like last week?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, get used to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get used to it.
Speaker 3: Like this, that's what you want to see.
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Also where Harris out there making plays? Splashing some plays? Uh?
Speaker 2: Javon Kinlaw Okay, kin Law. That's a mountain of a man returning home. Some of the proofs.
Speaker 3: He's the mountain that rides. He's a mountain of a man. Listen. I liked it. I liked it. Like the one thing I used to love is getting off the bus. So we used to make sure the D line got out first. They're like huge. Then I come right after the D line with a smirk on my face. Yeah yeah, this is what it looks like if I got those dogs. Yeah, I'm literally getting off the bus first.
Speaker 2: I would give a special shout. This is easy to do. But the fan turnout here has been crazy, unbelievable. Seriously, the line.
Speaker 3: This morning wrapped it did this.
Speaker 2: It's snaked around the parking lot. It's wild.
Speaker 3: It's been up. But this is what happened when you wake up a sleeping giant. This is what happened when a team, a fan base has been raising twenty plus years to feel this field again. This is what happened when you get a team with the glory is we got in them three super Bowl trophies and now they believe again. Yeah, now they talking.
Speaker 2: Super Bowls again.
Speaker 3: Like did you think last year before the season started that somebody like Von Miller say you know what, No, I'm mareen chasing and I want to go do that and wash it absolutely not, thank you, Like it's it's just facts. It's a it's a newer order and it feels good. Like I always tell fans, let it out. Feel free to talk trash. You have to keep your mouth quiet for years. Right now, let it out, let it out. We ain't doing what jail are doing. Le doing what jaill are doing over there.
Speaker 2: This is our moment. It's time.
Speaker 3: It's time right now. If you ever gonna have swag, this is time to have swag.
Speaker 1: So what do you get? We got joint practice this week for the game in New England. What do you get out of joint practices?
Speaker 2: Truly?
Speaker 3: I love joint practices. I think coaches in GMS get more out of joint practice they can ever do. In the preseason game, our offensive coordinating defensive coordinators called more exotic plays, a real plays that we're gonna use in the real season at a at a practice, way before they are call it in the preseason game. They're trying to be as bland as possible in the preseason game. This is what preseason is. Hey guys, we're gonna play cover one, Cover three and cover two. Go ahead of Okay, that's it. They want to see effort energy in some play maker. But at a at a practice, were finna work. Technique, were finna work, We finna get We're finna get going round here, and we're finna measure ourselves full speed against these guys. It's not even a comparison how much we get worked. There teams that use the practice against each other when that preseason game play, the first teams never play in those games because the teams.
Speaker 1: Got all the work at practice. Yeah, so that's the difference. What do you want to see from the players? Is it when you mentioned like technique things like that. Is it little things that maybe you haven't focused on before.
Speaker 3: Well, it's more of I want to see matchups, okay, and see if I get in a practice situation, I get the forced matchups, Okay. In a game, we gotta hope the matchups come and then.
Speaker 2: How do you adjust?
Speaker 3: And how do you adjust? Like these questions get answered very quickly. To practice can play unto a preseason game. In the preseason game, I want to see my youth under the lights. I know what my old dudes can do, but I still get to see what my old dudes can do at a joint practice. It's just a better situation. You get more work done as a team, and to me, it actually counts as an extra preseason game to me.
Speaker 1: And is it more of is it more intense naturally because for the first time all of you are against all of them.
Speaker 3: Yes, we've been being up on each other right, It's like you and your brothers uh restling on a dirty mattress for five days in the road, and did your mama say go outside now? So it gainst.
Speaker 1: Everybody else like you, just like Antenna's up, Antenna's out, Jane, come out the house with a black ay because the big brother of the whooping.
Speaker 3: But guess what you you Finnah, go help like thats what it is. It's let's compete against others.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking forward to this.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see another team on the field. It's great, you know, team on team is fine. It's time to see another team to get the Patriots coming up on Friday.
Speaker 2: Look at this. You hang out a camp long enough, you run into another Washington.
Speaker 3: Legend, run into a future Hall of Fame man's around him all the time anyway, so he don't bother me.
Speaker 5: And you don't bother me.
Speaker 2: So we mentioned you've clearly been around this team for a long time.
Speaker 1: What is different about this season the past couple of seasons that is different from maybe five ten years ago.
Speaker 5: Well, everybody is on the same page.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, from the top down, from ownership all the way down to the players, they're all thinking about one common goal, winning football games. It's not about you know, everybody is thinking about their own thing. And you know, people want to be assets to people. They are out here trying to win games. And when you have a quarterback like Jaydon Daniels, that basically is all of our business.
Speaker 5: Everybody else has a fall in line.
Speaker 6: You look at the next guy and Mikey Samrems still another young guy who is already developed into being a leader on his football team. Then they come back this year they draft guys again, and every day you go out there, Jaylen Lane is making a play, Bill Married is making a play, Trey Amos making plays. You know, you're seeing the young guys that they're picking. They not only come in ready to play football, they are young men that are ready to go out there and be professionals. And I think that's the way you build a team up. And then when you look at the veteran players on this team, Bobby Wagner, future Hall of Famer who's still is very very effective on the football field, you bring in a von Miller, A guy who as he's as his words.
Speaker 3: I wake up, ready to read, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 6: All of that around your team is a lot easier. People always say coaches run football teams. No coaches god football. Yeah, the players run the football team. And when you saw setting the standard, everybody else has a falling line.
Speaker 3: Now be mitched. When you was here a part of one of the best football teams, if not I think voted the best football team all the time. One team. So you've been here and you failed this fan base when they really had something to believe in. You failed this fan base when they expect to win. Now we're back in that pocket. How does it feel? Does it feel similar to when you when you was in that when you was playing it.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm saying not only people who've been around the season fans.
Speaker 5: I'm seeing the young guys get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you coming about it.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you've been around here.
Speaker 6: You've been around where you saw Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes Jersey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now jam J Daniel all.
Speaker 5: Over the place, Terry McLaurin, Jersey's all over the place.
Speaker 6: People want to wear the stuff here because this team now is relevant, you know. And that's the like I think in previous years it was everybody trying to sell hype.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you don't have.
Speaker 5: To sell it. It's there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know, we watched your from the answer that Jaden made when everybody was losing their mind over the fact that that Cliff and Dan had to name a starter, and he said, I don't care. I'm gonna do the same thing once. If I become the start, I'm gonna do the same thing. I'm gonna come here, work and compete. It didn't make him a difference about being named the starter because when he shows up the work, he's trying to be the best guy he can be every day, you know. And the fans I think noticed that, and you could see the connection they had with this team. Now I look in the eyes of people today, this means something and Josh Mark, guys that grew up being fans of this team.
Speaker 5: Means something to.
Speaker 3: It because of the representation. Like I don't think people understood the reach of the Washington team in the pay because this was before Carolina had a team, So not only did we own the Carolinas, I don't like George, Yeah to George. So it was a different field. And I feel like these people are coming back now that we got that momentum going and.
Speaker 6: They see the coaches are about business, the players are about business. Ownership is doing the things they need to do. You know, from those players with the NFLPA and they gave him f you got an A plus plus plus in there.
Speaker 2: Now it's a totally different facility.
Speaker 6: What I love about it, Josh Magic Mark, you know Mitchrel's. They are as competitive as some people on the field.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: They want to be the best at everything, you know, and it's not just about all y'all want our team to be good. No, no, no, we have to make sure we give them the best to go out there and be the best, and they take a lot of stress off of those guys.
Speaker 1: I'm curious about your personal realistic expectations for the season because you know, back in the day, we do TV and there would be an embarrassing performance and I'd be like, be met. You'd be like, let me tell you something, and I was like, I was like, here we go, and you never won the mince Words. So, as someone who's always very honest about how he feels.
Speaker 2: What are your expectations.
Speaker 5: I expect them to go out there and be very very much like last year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, closer now I'm not looking like people always ask me what to think the record's gonna be.
Speaker 5: I can't. Let's what the record's gonna be. But I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think they have to win more than twelve games and be a team that improved. I don't think they have to. If they I think they need to win tena more. I want to see the double digit winn the more. The thing I say is when they get in the playoffs, make the playoffs, I expect them to make the playoffs. And when they get in the playoffs, I expect them to win a game. What happened in the past when you were from the NFC East, if you made it to the playoffs, everybody else was concerned about you going to the super Bowl. Yeah, because this is a tough division as it always been. Right now it's US Philly, New York in Dallas, and then you go there where you got Patrick Mahomes them, you got to always be concerned about them. One of the teams from those divisions should be going out there trying to win the game, win the super Bowl. And that's what I expect. And the reason I expected is because I see the people in the proper places. They are people that are above average. Jayde and Daniels above average. And when your quarterback is above average and do the things he does, he gives you a chance.
Speaker 3: To give your team.
Speaker 6: When you watch other guys trying to play up to stay close to what he's doing, your team gets better.
Speaker 3: Now, let's the thing about it. And I keep hearing everybody trying to say the NFC North is the best, and I don't agree with you on it because I judge it. I judge the vision. Starting out with the quarterback position. First, they best quarterback Mike is Jared Goff. When you think Jared Golf, then you got Jordan Love. Then you go to the Calebs and the JJ McCarthy's, and I don't.
Speaker 5: We don't. We don't necessarily know what JJ is, yes, And to be honest with you, we don't know what Caleb is. Caleb don't get on schedule.
Speaker 6: Kamelen gonna have problems in this league because what he's gonna notice the people even on his team is gonna tired of it.
Speaker 3: Yep. And then you can look at the NFC East. You can say what you want to about Deck. He's a quality quarterback in his league. You got Jalen Hurts, and you got JD five, and you got Russell Wilson.
Speaker 5: What does he said, Dak?
Speaker 2: First, No, no, no, I was saying that because I was leaving. I was leaving the best for Land, JD five the best for Land.
Speaker 5: But good cover up.
Speaker 2: But you know, da catch a lot.
Speaker 3: Of flat like the one thing I do, like what Jerry do when he overpays these guys, it's let me know that their roster is gonna be that much worse. So you know, just because Dak my dog brother, I still do enjoy it. He got paid all that money because I knew it was gonna make them a worse team.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: Well, I know he's got to get back to a show. That's a great Brian Metchew, you make next with us you.
Speaker 2: I'll be coming to do your show right now.
Speaker 5: Come on, Fred, come on, tell us how bad cook you are.
Speaker 3: Listen and I don't care who tell it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sanna is here, she got a sunglasses on. She's ready to go. Before we get to that we gotta say sea Geek very quickly. I mean our friends at sek get out of town.
Speaker 1: They have your ticket to the best live concerts in the d NB area at Northwest Stadium. Sea Geek makes it easy to catch world concrete tours and high watter performances from your favorite artists all summer long. Sea Geek has the best seat your seat for an unforgettable summer. From Rock Royalty to rap superstars Army the Country, find it all on sea Geek, the official ticketing partner of Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 2: Summer concert season is underway.
Speaker 3: With the last three concerts at Northwest Stadium has been beyond that No Kendrick Lamar, Okay, Beyonce.
Speaker 2: The Weekend, Oh my god, you can't X well?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it in the besides Taylor Swift? It ain't no big artist that. No, that's three straight bangers right there.
Speaker 3: So Norwest Stadium been rocking.
Speaker 1: And now we bring in another star, the woman behind the scenes, and it's like she can't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Glasses on, guys.
Speaker 7: Thank you off with low Colorado buff So we're gonna play a game, Yes we are, Okay, guys, It's Commander's conundrum. Are you Wicked Spot edition? Because in New England? Okay, first thing, if it is like that game Family Feud. So only thing is I crowdsourced the answers from chat GPT because I am gen Z so okay, in the day, I have an audience to a poll of that's my only reason. Okay, you ready? So this is going to be a practice round. Name something fans would wear to a command and also you guys are obviously playing against each other, so yeah to whoever, I don't know if you raise your hand, however, we want to do this. Name something fans would wear to a commander's game. This okay? Fred one? Sorry, okay, yep, that goes to Fred. But okay, then that's right, that's right, that's two. Okay, okay, We're gonna alternate from there.
Speaker 2: So now I gotta go again. Yea, some that they wear a scarf?
Speaker 7: Did you read this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't know. I just thought you right here.
Speaker 5: You didn't show.
Speaker 7: Okay, anyways, amazing mor than I am to a football game.
Speaker 2: Let's go a hogs nose.
Speaker 7: No, but okay, so you guys get the gist. You read that, You deefinitely read that, going word for word. I don't believe it for a minute. Okay, next, next, Okay, do this one count?
Speaker 2: This one?
Speaker 7: No, that was a practice round, this one, this one counts. I figured we had to work some things out before we got to the stuff. Okay, name a for famous former Washington player Brian Milchew.
Speaker 2: No, that was not on the John Riggins.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, this this is.
Speaker 2: A according to chat GPT, let me seven points.
Speaker 7: That was the least popular one.
Speaker 2: John Riggins was the least popular.
Speaker 3: So they're telling me that they don't know anything, all right, So I'm gonna go hm hmm, I'm gonna go Art Monk.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there for t What about Charlie Taylor? No nothing?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: Doug Williams, Daryl Green yep for eight?
Speaker 3: Okay two more Gary Clark No, Sana MOUs No, I don't deal with chance. Did like? Come on, they don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: I bet Joe Thaisman was on there. Yes, yes, okay, I'm trying to think.
Speaker 3: Like a Mark Griffin. Come on, he's the quarterback on the best team of all time.
Speaker 7: Not to chat.
Speaker 2: This, This would be a good test. It's Robert Griffin the third on there.
Speaker 7: No, really, you guys want me to tell you the last player? Yeah, it was Sean Taylor.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't go show, but don't go Santana like.
Speaker 7: It's the it's the Internet.
Speaker 2: It's too guys, it's not.
Speaker 7: It's not coming after our jobs.
Speaker 2: That's one thing we.
Speaker 7: Can rest in. Okay, okay, here's the last category. And do we want to calculate who's in the lead right now?
Speaker 3: Don't worry about just go.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's gonna say it's Shanks. But okay. Most iconic plays from the twenty twenty four season.
Speaker 2: Alright, the hell Mary?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Okay, So I'll give that one to Fred did and that was the most popular for forty.
Speaker 2: Five again, the play to tear against the Bengals.
Speaker 7: Actually know that one was not one of the one of them Janks your turn.
Speaker 2: What about the end of the game against the Bucks?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: What about the walk off touchdown against Philly at home?
Speaker 2: That's on there?
Speaker 7: Yes, alright, that was yep, okay, okay, Fred bringing it back?
Speaker 1: What's Oh what about Mariota scoring against Dallas?
Speaker 3: No? All right? What about to throw the JD five made the tarry in the New Orleans Saints game.
Speaker 7: You read this.
Speaker 1: Every time you get an answer and refuses to think you got it. Fred, you read this list.
Speaker 7: I'm just going through my head and saying display word for word. Kayla's saying no that he's not cheating.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, this is not hard. Like if you ever want to test my intelligence, this wouldn't be the way to do it.
Speaker 7: Okay, Sorry, I'm not trying to doubt you. I just okay.
Speaker 3: Is it the end of the game against the Falcons?
Speaker 2: No, I got one roll?
Speaker 3: He wasn't looking. Must have not been looking.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Fred, I no, I mean this is your wheelhouse.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, all.
Speaker 7: Right, there's two more think defensive.
Speaker 2: Interception in the play Mike Sanders still.
Speaker 7: Not Mikey Sandristo Norton. Okay, Fred, Okay, that was somewhat successful. I always like to see what type of what type of games were I think Fred won this one though.
Speaker 2: Sorry, he got me, he got he got me.
Speaker 3: I'm a historian, so when.
Speaker 7: You bring up football, Brad has probably the best football memory of anyone I've ever met. Oh for sure, you can like your recall is like incredible compared to most people. Okay, ready, for voicemail's emails. All right, and then I'll get out of everybody's hair.
Speaker 2: Okay, it it's a shot.
Speaker 3: We actually the producer of the show, like, can you believe it? I think you can get out of your hair like that.
Speaker 7: Okay, Fred, I'm a California born and raised Washington fan and we'll finally be making my way out to not only see my first non high school game in person for the first time, but also see my team play those hated Philadelphia Eagles on December twentieth. I wanted to ask you for suggestions on foods both at and away from the stadium that you feel are things that should be tried when visiting. I love and follow both get loud in the Command Center podcast and appreciate the life in Huber and you bring to both just as you did during your career as a player.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 7: Keep up the good work, and hopefully I'll see you at the game's horoy sweet emo.
Speaker 3: All right, Hey, First of all, congratulations, the East Coach can't wait to welcome you here. Outside of the stadium, you have to stop at the one and only Ben's Chili. That making you a Washingtonian right there. Then after that you say hey to Miss Ben's chili bowl, and say hey to everybody, eat you a chili dog and.
Speaker 2: Whatever your have smoke, get your half smoke.
Speaker 3: Then I want you to get your uber to Honeymoon Chicken all right, one of the.
Speaker 2: Best chicken joints in DC.
Speaker 3: Now, if you're coming with your girl, wife, whoever dinner, it's only right you eat a steak Maestros.
Speaker 2: Why you listen to live music? What you got to say, gen No Mastros is dope.
Speaker 3: No, my shows is my favorite steakhout.
Speaker 2: It's very good.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed my shows. The butter cake there, olhwa's so the butter cake there. It's only made for kings and queen so we can't smooth walk in there. We have your butter cakes up. Yes, I want to. I can sit the bar and then yes, always hit the bar. And then here's the thing, drinks a pricey butt. You know how it is.
Speaker 1: They leave the shaker there you get a second full drink. Why you listen to Yes, love music and great music. It's the bacca rock on the piano.
Speaker 3: They rocketed.
Speaker 2: Then it's always the soul for singer in there. And they can really sing. They can, Yes, they go from one song to thether You be like, how they doing that? No, I agree, my shows not in the stadium.
Speaker 3: Let me see. It's this. It's this the crab What is the name of the place in the stadium they had the crab cakes you have They are so good and the eatsap switched up in the stadium in a massive upgrade. Like so, you really can't go wrong. But this is what I don't want you to do coming from California. We ain't gonna be drinking no vitamin water in the stadium, all right. We ain't gonna be going gluten free. We ain't gonna be doing none of that. We ain't got no sea moss, sally, none of that is that you got in California. You coming here to get gluten You coming here to get calories.
Speaker 1: If you wake up and you drink a kale shake, this ain't for you.
Speaker 2: Take go right.
Speaker 3: This is what I really want you to do. I want you to come here, and I want you to come tailgating with me. I always stop at the tailgates. We can go tailgating together. I'm gonna give you a real taste of what DC is about. Because they people here love to invite you to eat their food. They love to so tailgate Ted and the rest of them. We got it going home blacked out. Oh the only way to go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a puck stroke and.
Speaker 7: Everything well okay, And to wrap it up, we heard from our good friend, Traveling Jay out and.
Speaker 8: Michael Jenkins and okay, it's your boy, Traveling Jay. Hey, guys, just checking in with you. I wanted to talk about training camp. I missed those days coming out there. It was a lot of fun. But hell, and that kind of heats you guys are experiencing right now, we're experiencing it here as well. Check this out. So I'm kind of intrigued. I know you've been there a couple of times by now. I'm sure how Connorly's looking he really intrigues me. I want to know if you think he's gonna fit in. Okay, I know he's a big body and all that, but how's this technique? And do you think he's gonna be cool at right tackle? Also, yeah, that's pretty much it. I want to I want to let you know how excited I am about the upcoming season. And I'll be talking with Anna here for too much longer.
Speaker 3: You guys.
Speaker 8: I hope you're doing well. I know your show is still number one, and I will be definitely giving you a shout out under people choice of wars. Just remember this, Nobody loves you like guys Traveling Jut.
Speaker 7: Thank you Traveling Jay. And then Fred didn't quite get all of that.
Speaker 3: But I can say because we had a Delta airplane and a June did attracted at the same time.
Speaker 1: I was like, I hope she's getting this because all I'm hearing is no, I'm over here. Like if Jinks don't hear it, I heard eight yes, which is awesome.
Speaker 3: And you know we put it for Traveling j J and the guy most definitely I didn't hear the whole could you decipher someone?
Speaker 7: He was asking about Josh connorly what you think about his technique and what you've seen from him? I camp yeah, and then and then he also was kind of just saying, Hey, hope y'all are doing well.
Speaker 3: And well, we hope you are traveling day Condy is just moving along. He's mosing alone. He's doing what rookies do. They come in to get big eyed, like we all do. I remem when I sit down and I was like, hey, you damn green, ain't it? Yeah, I'm dead Green.
Speaker 2: I can see you going back to that moment, like how you're facebooking Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm like yeah, you day agree. He's like, yeah, I'm damn Green. So you got to get all that out your system. And I think Connley is getting that out of his system right now. He's doing what Ricky's doing. And we don't really get how should I say, get welcome to the NFL until you actually suit up for your first game preseason or not until you suit up till your first game. You don't really feel like you belong yet until you walk out there with your name on back of your jersey. So Connley feel better after this Patriots.
Speaker 1: Game the point and he was talking about how I think Larry Tuntz was talking about how this kid Connley has all the tools.
Speaker 2: He's got a lot to learn, but he has all the tools to be got.
Speaker 3: The tools, plus he has the thirst in the hunger and he's a sponge for knowledge. He's a smart, very intelligent kid.
Speaker 7: Wait to go Argan, Yeah, all right, well I think that's kind of it for my segment here on the.
Speaker 1: You want to you don't want to celebrate, oh the birthday for the birthdayodcast.
Speaker 7: Yeah, our birthday party, I mean, yes, yes, I guess we shall.
Speaker 3: Happy twenty four months because that's how people do with kids.
Speaker 2: I'm not only did that child? Oh then my child ain't number ninety seven months?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: First of all?
Speaker 3: Nine years old? So you can't like, at what point do you have to stop counting months?
Speaker 2: Is it like I feel like after like two years?
Speaker 3: No, I think anything over twenty months is too much. Oh d oh, then you got you gonna say longer. You gotta counting years? Then, like the years is a bigger dose of the same thing.
Speaker 1: Because if someone says to me, oh, he's forty eight months, I'd be like, hey, you mean he's four?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mean he like pay taxing? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know why they think they have to count in months when you could just gonna go years.
Speaker 2: And I think people afraid of years because you don't.
Speaker 3: Never talk to an older person be like seventy nine years old. They'd be like how old are you?
Speaker 2: He be like yeah, three hundred and ninety nine months.
Speaker 3: They don't do that, right, but we do it with kids all the time, So yes, we are twenty four months old. Congratulations to the get loud podcasts. You know it's out there when it's a million podcasts listen to in the watch Thank you'all for watch now. Thank you for giving us a chance to break some sports in your life and make you laugh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, thanks guys for laughing with us. We appreciate it. And yeah, one hundred and three episodes. I had to check to see how many we've done, y'all one hundred and three believe that?
Speaker 3: Listen man, now, we could count by episode, Like if you say, yeah, we one hundred and three episodes old, we should have.
Speaker 7: Done our hundredth episode and I.
Speaker 2: Forgot about It would have been funny.
Speaker 7: We could dress up like old people. Have you seen that? Like people do on thee hundred day of school, they dress up like old people. We could have done on the one hundredth episode of the pod.
Speaker 1: Me and out of the loop, like I'm already old. Yeah I was actually old like fifty one. Nobody's dressing up as old person today, but come as you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we are actually participating in old alther stuff.
Speaker 2: Like I know it's bad now that I'm drinking warm milk at night. You said you lost it all, your daredevil spirit.
Speaker 3: I lost it all, man. I'm just I'm had for the dude I used to be.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that a sale of Fortunately, we have a young, awesome crew that puts us together every week. Anna kaylat They keep us young, they do absolutely, that's gonna do it for the Get Lab Pod two years hopefully two more to go. We're coming out every Tuesday, and also make sure you check us out Friday for the preseason.
Speaker 2: Show on Big one one hundred point three it on week.
Speaker 1: Have you seen ovenues expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts art own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions but Washington Commanders for any of her representatives.
Speaker 2: They get, come on, come on out to the command.
Speaker 3: We cannapp
Speaker 2: We can now w