Speaker 1: Was a former Trump supporting boomer saved by his kids. Big story going around the internet. That's kind of comical when you look at it in the grand scope of things. Also, more men in women's basketball, at least that's what some players are advocating for. Liberals lose their ever loving mind over President Trump's hair, a new term called mal gendering is now out. And a discussion with Danny Goki from Wednesday from the Make Heaven Crowded Tour. So much to get to on this Friday episode. My name is Joe Bob. Thanks so much for tuning in. The show starts right now. We're gonna do things a little bit differently today. It's Friday Casual Friday. Where my TPUSA United States T shirt, which really I threw it on this morning because I thought, well, I like the shirt. But the part I like about the shirt is on the back so you can't see it. So if you want to see it, go to the Turning Point merch store. These are all fantastic to wear. I don't know, I like all the clothing that you got there. This is not a pitch for any of that. It's just happens to be what I'm wearing today. Also, we're gonna change things up a little bit. I did a really interesting conversation with Danny Goki. If you don't know who, he is, a former American Idol Alum chart topping Christian artist at the Make Heaven Crowded tour on Wednesday in Phoenix, Arizona. We'll play you a couple of clips from that later on in the show. But because of that, we're readjusting things. We're gonna do something fun, do the clip clean out in the beginning. But first I gotta remind you. TPT at tposa dot com is the email if you would have liked to send along your thoughts, comments, concerns, even criticisms. All are welcome TPT at TPUSA dot com. You can also scan the QR code. It'll take you to the email. It'll take you to our website. It'll take you to Turningpoint Tonight dot com, where you can see if you're registered to vote or check your voter status. It'll take you to all of our social media platforms, so you can also leave a comment and if your comment is just viled, downright disgusting and nasty, as well as your emails, TPT atposa dot com. We have a better chance of reading it here on the show. The day is the first day in several days where we aren't gonna use that as a transition because we're doing things a little bit different. Like I said, we're gonna up front play my favorite jingle of the entire show. It's time for the clip cleanout clean up. Clip Sweep didn't use this week. It's the clip clean out Now. This clip barely made the cut, mostly because these clips are usually from throughout the week. We didn't get to them because there's a lot of things to get to so or they're just they're sitting. They're sitting in a digital clip bin. And you know, just like you take a trash out every week, whatever day that your trash is collected, we got to do that here as a Friday, as usually are the clip cleanout Now. This particular clip barely made the cut because this was circulating around yesterday. This is from CBS News. A seventy five year old former Trump supporter has now turned on the President, and the reasoning, if you haven't seen this may shock you. We will play the clip. I have some thoughts. I'm sure you will as well. TPTOTPUSA dot com. But starting off the clib cleanout, watch this.
Speaker 2: I voted for Trump. I am saying that they are picking up law and biting citizens. They're destroying families jobs.
Speaker 3: John Gannon is a seventy five year old businessman, a lifelong Republican who supported President Trump in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do that again, not after this fiasco.
Speaker 3: His fiance, forty five year old venice Bulan immigrant yasman swads Ridges, was detained by ICE at George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston in late July eighth.
Speaker 2: Ice agents swarmed Jasmine and detained her didn't tell us why and rustled her off into a car.
Speaker 3: When you saw that unfold, What went through your mind?
Speaker 2: Well, I was just internal disbelief.
Speaker 3: According to her immigration lawyer. So they just came to the US legally in twenty twenty three and later applied for asylum, a case that is still ongoing. But her underlying permission to be in the US has lapsed.
Speaker 1: Oh oh right there, that was it at the very end. Did you hear that her permission to be in the United States has lapsed? Now, there's several things going on here.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: One. That dude is seventy five years old, apparently a lifelong conservative, says he voted for President Trump in twenty twenty four. And I don't want to knock the guy too much because I probably guarantee that we agree on a lot of core political issues. But at the same time, I think he actually might have dodged a bullet on this one, just saying, Okay, so let's just look at this forty five year old woman. Then what forty three comes here in twenty twenty three, finds the love of her life that is thirty years older than her businessmen probably relatively wealthy. They decided to get married, She overstays her visa and lo and behold. Ice says, you're not in the country legally. Actually, I think he really saved himself from a massive headache going forward. Actually my thought just just I'd be super curious if anybody else has this thought TPT ATPUSA dot com. I think it was his kids. I assume this person has kids. I don't know specifically. There wasn't a ton of information on him, but if he has kids and has an inheritance coming to those kids, I could think it. I think It's very possible that those kids might have tipped off Ice and said, Hey, our dad is about to marry a woman thirty years younger than her. She's younger than even some of us, and to save the massive inheritance trust headache that will come from this, I'm gonna go ahead. Let Ice know that she's here legally. Just a thought, I guess, I don't quite understand the idea that, well, these things that I voted for, they happened to me in my backyard. Yeah, what did you think was gonna happen? You know, if you really really wanted to make sure that this didn't happen to your thirty years younger fiance, maybe tie them not a little bit sooner, I guess. But at the same time, you might look back on this in six months and go, what in the world was I thinking? Thank God for Ice, I'm back on the president's side. Let's make this country great again. Okay. Clip that we missed earlier in the week that would have had a lovely, lovely time talking about, mostly because of this would have fit in totally with take that Tuesday. Didn't get it on because we had another fantastic take that Tuesday but this is a segment from over the weekend where RFK Junior, the HHS Secretary, just pummeled Dana Bash rhetorically speaking. Watch this.
Speaker 5: I think that what I have talked to science and doctors about.
Speaker 4: It just can you look?
Speaker 1: Can you show me one study?
Speaker 5: Yes, I can.
Speaker 1: It shows that I can.
Speaker 4: Children were protected by the COVID vaccine.
Speaker 5: I can tell you that there are.
Speaker 1: More good than harm to children.
Speaker 6: Can you show me one study that.
Speaker 5: Shows I can tell you that when it comes to the vaccine, there have been studies that show that because of vaccine disinformation disinformation, there could have been one hundred to two hundred thousand lives in the US saved, but because people didn't get the vaccine. That's why I'm not saying that it entirely you are saying.
Speaker 7: You are saying something that you cannot show them a.
Speaker 5: Single sty I am not saying nonsense.
Speaker 1: I am talking with somebody told you.
Speaker 5: Excuse me and let me study what study?
Speaker 1: Study?
Speaker 5: No, what studies are you just talking about. You're talking about studies that actually don't exist. I want to talk about that.
Speaker 1: You're talking about it.
Speaker 4: The study.
Speaker 1: This is not productive.
Speaker 5: I'm not here to defend all of the.
Speaker 4: Pro talking.
Speaker 7: You can't support it, and then what I call you, you're telling I'm.
Speaker 5: Missing Okay, do you want to talk about you want to talk about assertions that you can't support. I'll get there in a second.
Speaker 1: We obviously have a big problem with people misunderstanding who bears the burden of proof, both in the legal sense, but also in this type of interview. She says, Hey, you know, these many people could have been saved by the vaccine getting the shot, but because of misinformation, they all died. And then doctor uh not doctor who Freudians lived there, doctor Fauci no RFK Junior says, oh, well, where are you getting that information? She says, yeah, you wear your information is wrong. I just said, also to the idea the audacity to sit there's excuse me, excuse me. He's the Secretary of Health and Human Services. He is a cat member. If he wants to say something, sure, you invited him on his show, but you're a show. But he's kind of an important person. He gets to say what he wants. I make this ridiculous claim with no actual evidence of where the backs it up. So where are you finding that number? There? Miss Bash uh, your numbers are wrong, secretary. Mister secretary, okay, speaking of science, I guess biology specifically. In this we turned back to the WNBA. Apparently this is a WNBA star. This is how this video was labeled. I am not entirely sure of the star power of this producer, Glenn. This has cut eight. This is Gabby Williams who is remarking on trans athletes in the WNBA. I think this is horrifying and at the same time encouraging when you look at it from the perspective of my assent to WNBA glory. Possibly watch this.
Speaker 8: I think it's trans trans rights right now is our new battle. That's what I think that I was saying that, like the battles have changed, you know, like our intentions in the same and now that the environment has changed, we see trans people's rights being you know, shipped away from them. There's a lot of disco discourse around trans athletes and.
Speaker 1: Where they can compete in.
Speaker 8: I would welcome a transathlete on my team or against my team anytime. I don't think it's a problem in the world. It's just another way to kind of attack trans people. You know, we've seen we've seen players like Leijia Clarendon who stepped into that for front and have been brave enough and gregeous enough to kind of a step up. So I guess that's the next battle that we have to fight as athletes.
Speaker 1: M Okay, Gabby, she's again, I'm just saying I think that's crazy. But she's the one who's playing the sport. So if she's okay with it, where's that French dude who's just dunking on all those people in France. Let's let's sign him up to play in the w NBA and let's have a party. I mean, you know, mostly to prove the point. I don't actually want to see men just dominating women in women's sports, but just to prove the point once and for all. Remember that Canadian weightlifting competition, I probably two or three years ago at this point, some dude signed up in the women's category, didn't change his name, didn't try to do it. It just was like, no, I'm a woman, and then he ended up shocker, he won. That's that's probably what it's gonna take.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Speaking in this same line of the WNBA featured in the clip, clean Out is actually a you know, I don't. I don't want to call him a friend because that would be an exaggeration. But Lonzo Ball, Interestingly enough, I grew up in the same city as Lonzo Ball and had a lot of interaction with him while he was growing up in high school. Lonzo Ba, if you don't know as an NBA player, I'm not sure where he's playing now, but we grew up in the same city. My younger sister and him, they were all friends. And I say that because I want to reader the fact what he's talking about and make the assertion that he's making regarding how his play was in the ninth grade relative to w NBA play is totally true. I was there, watched this cut ted, and.
Speaker 9: I mean this as respectfully as possible. But ninth grade Lonzo Ball in the WNBA, it's crazy, all right, because look, in ninth grade, I'm over six feet and I'm dunking like I'm coming through to the No girl in the WNBA is doing that.
Speaker 7: I'm going back door throw it up like I'm looking like Jordan out there. So I'm gonna just say I'm meaning so respectfully. Oh great senior middle school day out. I give it to the WNBA.
Speaker 1: Respectfully, he says, that's not him as another guy, but respectfully, he says, I would dominate. And again, as I was there, I watched it. He is correct. You should have seen the ball. I uh, this is apropos nothing. My neighbor was playing on the high school team. When he was playing on the high school team too, I think he was a sophomore, and I think they won either one or with the runner up at the state championship. And I'm watching this kid as a sophomore, going, holy cow, you know who. This reminds me of the w NBA players, except it doesn't. He would dominate. So okay, that's fun. Kind of doing the clip clean out Earlier on in the show, we're still gonna do get to the point. We got some good points to get to. And later on the show, we're gonna play the interview that I had with Danny Goki at the Make Heaven Crowded tour over there in Phoenix, Arizona on Wednesday. Exciting stuff to come. Oh and Trump's hair that's coming up after the break. Don't go away, scand QR co TPT at t bus A dot com. We'll be right back after this.
Speaker 6: But nobody I know, you know, believes in defunding the police the terms of doing away with I hope the day comes. I hope the day comes when we don't leave the world and the number of people who are incusert that speaks very poorly of alur society.
Speaker 1: Is Bernie Sanders going through a Joe Biden moment. I don't know anybody. I don't know anybody who supports the funding the police except for everybody I know. Nobody I know supports the funding the police except for and only everybody that I know. By Bernie isn't too great. I think I do it. I think I do. Bernie impersonation transitions into the Fauci personation just a little bit too much for me, so regardless, Yeah, okay, all right. He does say though he would like to end prisons, he doesn't say abolished prisons. I'd like to be a point where we don't have to have prisons. Okay, So you know you're talking about heaven there at that point, Bernie, And I'm not entirely sure if that's your political or sorry religious person, but maybe it does. Maybe it's hope not gonna happen here, But you know, I guess, I guess the optimism is there. I don't know all right, TPTTVCA dot com is the email dressing along your thoughts, commons, concerns, criticisms. When there's lots of points to get to, we're contractually obligated, even on a Friday, to get to the point, get to the pond, to get to the phone. Have you ever wanted to try heroin and or crack, Well, don't worry. You no longer need to do it in the basement of a meth house. Instead, you can do it in a New York government facility. This from CBS News. These NYC centers allow heroin and crack use in house. Nearly five years in. Is it helping question mark spoiler alert? Nope. Now they throw out some statistics that say, well, they've intervened in twenty one hundred overdoses, which you know, yeah, you don't want to see people die of overdoses. But at the same time, when I get to the money that they're spending in New York City for this, it's pretty crazy. Anyways. Nearly five years since opening in twenty twenty one, two On Point NYC Overdose Prevention Centers have allowed supervise in house use of heroin and cracked crack. It is a city sanctioned experiment that remains illegal under federal law because remember, these are Schedule one narcotics and it's very illegal to do in this country, unless, of course, I guess, you do them within the safety of a government run facility. Now, allegedly, according to these numbers, like I said, they claim we've saved twenty one hundred people from overdoses. Actually, I'm not even sure if that's true. Twenty one hundred overdoses, which could mean that multiple people have had or sorry, some people have had multiple overdoses, So I guess I don't know the civic individual numbers, but they do say that seven thousand registered participants have used the service two hundred and fifty thousand times. Now, I don't agree with it. I'm gonna let me set this up at the beginning. I don't agree with this, but you can make the argument. Look, people coming down from drug addiction need to have a softer landing, right, You can't just go cold turkey. In some cases, going cold turkey might actually kill the person. I totally understand that if seven thousand participants are using drugs two hundred and fifty thousand times. You're not trying to create a soft landing. You're just enabling an addiction just mathematically. That's how it works. The organization operates with a nineteen million dollar budget, including roughly seventeen million dollars from the city. Okay, the question is, obviously money is fungible. I understand that. But of that seventeen million dollars coming from the city, how much of that is coming from the federal government into the city to fund doing something that is federally legal. My guess is quite a bit. The Islamic Ugandan communist zam Dam Hooton Nanny says, this is a great thing because we are reducing street drug use and therefore we're going to continue to support in house drug use at our government facilities. Okay, moving on here. This should not be shocked anybody. This is from the Washington Free Free Beacon electric vehicle exec identified as CCP member the Chinese Communist Party, and he has given four hundred and fifty thousand dollars in donations to Democrats. Holy cow, this, I am shocked by this.
Speaker 4: Um.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's really it. That's the whole story. The headline is the story. A guy's name is Pin Knees, an auto executive. He's been identified as a Chinese Communist Party member. Is Chai comm a derogatory term. I don't think it is. I think it's just Chinese Communist Chai coom. But I don't know. Maybe I'll get canceled to that. I don't know. But he's donated a boatload of money to obviously the other the American Communists. So there's that. Okay, moving on here because I gotta we're a little pressed for time here. Today, Trump signs executive order that ends this from Breitbart, ends birther tourism, limits birthright citizenship. Okay, so the Supreme Court obviously made that horrible decision in which mister Roberts, Miss Barrett, mister Kavanaugh all dissented. Kavanaugh left room for it to be legislative. But again we talked about that when it happened. But in the same way that, well, you can just go you can go a different route. Right, this legal route was blocked by the Supreme Court. The President Trump says, I'm going to go another way. So there's two separate individual executive orders. The first identifies certain categories of children of aliens, including alien enemies, foreign members of foreign terrors organizations, and those who lobby on behalf of foreign governments, as ineligible for birthright citizenship, with historical exceptions recognized by the Supreme Court. That was that whole wonkim arc debate way back when his parents were not dignitaries. But at the time, we don't need to relitigate all of that. The second one directs the Secretary of State sorry yeah, Secretary of State and Secretary of Homeland Security to halt birth or tourism by banning the practice by not allowing people to obtain visas for that. I'm not going to get too far into this. I may or may not know somebody very very well who may or may not happen to be me, who runs a couple of different properties elsewhere that have long term rentals, kind of like an Airbnb situation, kind of like a vacation rental thing. And you could totally hate that if you don't like that sort of thing in your city, but that's just the reality. Sometimes we get requests from people from China that say, hey, it'll be me another person, and then a newborn infant. This is a birth or tour or something. One hundred percent there's nobody to report that to. But we just deny the thing. So uh, that's that. Let's see making sure I have time for this. Trump ordered to ordered by Appeals court to stop the White House ballroom construction. Man, that's that. President Trump is fourteen days to appeal that to the Supreme Court. Two to one decision blocked further construction because they're like, yeah, we hate the guy, so we're gonna block him. But speaking of hating the guy, I want to get to this because I think this is the funniest outrage by the Libs. Trump's hairstyle during Vegas speech sparked wild online speculation about makeover. Basically, the Libs are saying President Trump is wearing a hair piece. You know, his entire career, he's been known for his hair, and now and only now are we saying he's wearing a wig. Let me see a picture of President Trump, the one that they're saying, oh, this is a This is definitely a wig. I don't know, dude looks pretty much exactly like his hair. Actually, you know, this particular photo counter to the wild online crazy lunatics. I mean, we're talking like Adam Kinsinger saying like he's got a weave, which I don't know if this makes President Trump the second black president. I don't know if that if that's how that works. But anyways, a bunch of people saying he's wearing a wig. Look at his hair looks way more voluminous than it usually does. I don't know, that looks pretty normal. If anything, it looks a little bit less voluminous. I think we have a clip of how voluminous his hair normally is. Can we play that clip really quick?
Speaker 8: Is anyone allowed else allowed to touch there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: I mean it doesn't bother me.
Speaker 4: That's mine. Wow, it's mine. That's actually it's not bad, right act I actually have a hairline.
Speaker 1: Shit again, Yeah, yep, I mean that's that's the way that I that's that's his normal hair. So yeah, the new photo from Las Vegas actually looks a little bit downsized instead of you know, the general voluminosity. I think, I don't know if that's a word than he usually does. There are some people online saying that that's ai, that's ridiculous. That's how the president's hair, you know, is usually just full young vital I don't know.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Liz are obviously looking for anything they can to be mad about. Okay. TPTTTPUSA dot com is the email address on along your thoughts, comments, concerns, even criticisms, all are welcome at our email inbox. You're allowed to be wrong in our email inbox, I think is effectively what I'm saying. Um ooh, we got We're gonna do mail bag after this t PTTTPUSA dot com. We've also got a I'm very excited about this. There is a new term that just dropped. We'll hit at the front of the segment. Scan the QR code. Go support sponsors of the show. Go to Turning Point Tonight dot com where you can check your voter registration. You can also follow us on social media so you don't miss all of the hilarious and awesome things that we don't get to put on the show, but do that does. Go on to social media, and then coming up a little bit later on, we're gonna play my conversation with Danny Gokie, phenomenal Christian artist at the Make Heaven Crowded Tour Phoenix, Arizona from Wednesday. You don't want to miss any of that. Stay tuned, we'll be right back after the breakdunk Away. Please watch it up.
Speaker 2: So much.
Speaker 4: It's funny because like, if we win, this is gonna be the like summer summer home.
Speaker 1: Just like every time I've ever come here, I've hated it.
Speaker 2: Why am I here?
Speaker 1: I don't know who decided to put that out. That's mister l Sayad.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's how you pronounce his name. Another islammunist. I don't know if he's from also from Uganda, but he's in Michigan. Now. Going to a place that is Macna Island is like idyllic. If you've ever been to like northern Michigan, they're Charlevoy up there. I mean, once you get into the up it's just beautiful. Oh, it's unbelievable. And he goes, I hate this place. Now there's a bunch of people that are like, you know, I can't believe a candidate would say that about a place in their own jurisdiction. But actually, I don't think that that's the best argument, because there are places if I were to say, run for Senate of California, I never would never in a million years. Don't even want to entertain that thought. But if I were, I would go to places in California and go, I hate this place. But those places would be like skid Row or I don't know, the Tenderloin district in San Francisco. Those places would be like places where there's drug addicts sprawled throughout the streets, people shooting up. You might get stabbed in broad daylight. And I would justifiably say I hate this place, and I'm running for this state office to change this place. He on the other hand, looks around at a quaint town, idyllic American community and says, where are the Turbans. I don't know if that's what he said. He says, where where are the turbans? I hate this place because there's there's not as many turbans. Is probably not the right Turbans is a different religion. It doesn't matter. He basically says, this looks too American. I think because that's the only thing that I can take from this. Because he says I hate this place so much, how ironic would it be if we won, we'd have to have the summer house here. And the problem with that is I freaking hate it. See see the difference. The difference is that I would go throughout my state and look at places that clearly need to be turned around and brought up in terms of standard of living and say I hate this place. We need to change it for the better. He goes to a place that is awesome and says, I hate this place. Why Probably because they hate Western civilization and I hate America. That's what I That's That's what I can surmise from that clip. I don't know how this clip got out. This is weird. It looks like it's like a documentary team with himself with him. I don't know. I don't know. But again, the guy who's running for Senate who refuses to distance himself from a guy who says America deserved nine to eleven, You know, well, I guess what can you expect. There was also a clip flowing out there that I know he didn't know was gonna get out, where his campaign manager or somebody in this campaign was like, hey, remember, people are stupid, so you don't ever have to explain any of the stuff that you're talking about. That's one way to look at your constituency. All right, Hey, TVTTPUSA dot Commy is the email addressed before we get some of the emails today. I want to bring this up. This is a new this is a new term, new lib term. Just this is malgendering. Have you heard this heard this term before?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: What is malgendering? You might ask? Malgendering is defined as this. Malgendering occurs when a person uses a trans person's correct gender with malicious intent. All Right, I give up. I give up to so you guys, You guys want to say, hey, I'm a lady, you better call me a lady, and you go, okay, fine, you're a lady.
Speaker 4: You didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't say it with the appropriate amount of joy and glee. You said it. You said it with malicious intent. How are you gonna tell my intent? I'm doing what you want to do now. I don't think people should do that. I don't think they should capitulate to the woke trans bob. But also using the correct gender with malicious intent, This often involves I'm reading again, uh. Involved often involves using gender stereotypes as weapons against a person, again, making language violent. There they're trying to do, for example, telling a trans man you're a man, now stop crying, which is inadequate criticism. I think, you know, unless it's just just generally speaking, like if something obviously tragic happens or something beautiful happens and you see a man crying, totally fine. If somebody said something mean to you on the subway, not fine, be a man, or telling a trans woman this is again a bad way of using this. If you want to be a woman, you need to start acting like one. Yeah, and not you know, dunking on women in the WNBA. Okay, well that's that is malegendering. And you know we're we're learning all of the new words from all the crazy people. Okay, let's get some emails. Tptatpos dot com is the email addressed. Okay, Chris sent along. Yesterday we talked about that pageant girl that lost her crown and is no longer going to be able to compete in Miss USA because of racist posts that happened in twenty seventeen, twenty nineteen. Now I actually have, at the risk of taking up the rest of the time talking about this. Chris sent along the actual screenshots from what she said, and I think it just should be said. There's a difference between using derogatory language but in the way that other people use it in a friendly tone and using it in a malicious way, eh, malicious language, right, Okay, so all of the I'm not condoning any of the stuff that she said, I get that, right. What I am saying, though, is there's a difference if you can replace the derogatory term with dude. I don't know how racist the intent behind that was. It might just be an attempt to who I don't know, be within the cultural terms of using that word.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: We're talking about end bombs, right, this this is this s girl tweeted or posted some endbombs. Not good, not saying anybody should do that, not condoning it. But let's replace the word with dude. If she says, there's a difference between saying, hey, hey, what are my dudes doing tonight?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: That is different than saying I freaking hate dudes. Okay, that's the difference. They kicked her off for racist tweets. But in reality, I you know, I'm not trying to you know, read her mind, see what's in her heart. I get that. But at the same time, you know, when when when words that can be seen as derogatory, are also used in everyday language, and then a person that's not supposed to use that word uses it in everyday language. Not good, not saying it's awesome, but it's definitely different than the harsh racism that people claimed. Okay, Chat frequent correspondent talk to talking about Fauci. Fauci apparently owes him a hefty sum of money and house payments that he couldn't make because of Fauci's infamous lockdowns. That is that's unfortunate, Chat. I hope you get to get through that, Mona, says entersponds to a video he played the other day. Sorry, I won't be able to email anymore. My plate is full funny if you know, you know, uh, let's see Paul emails frequent correspondent Paul talking about the lumber driver lumberjack truck driver. Look, I think I've been wearing flannels a little bit more recently, says that works for you. Just lose the earrings and you look straight as hell. And I'm not sure about that last part. I don't know. I'm still pretty smiley. Okay, that's gonna do it for this portion of the show from our Make Heaven Crowded Tour. I had a great conversation with Danny Goki. That's coming up after the break stick around, we'll be right back. Alright, alright, dream City, how are we doing? How are we doing tonight on the Make Heaven Crowded Tour? Yes, one more time for Danny Goki. I think you guys can do better than that. One more time for Danny Gokie.
Speaker 4: So good to be here in Phoenix, Arizona, especially at the legendary Dream City Church with the legendary founder Tommy Barnett in the front row. I mean, come on, anyways, I'm done.
Speaker 1: That was amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you so really quick.
Speaker 1: My name is Joe Bob. I'm a Turning Point contributor. I host Turning Point tonight on Real America's Voice. Thank you, and I have the wonderful opportunity of facilitating a conversation with Danny Goki. But what's interesting is, you know, you have kind of questions and topics that you're like, oh, this would be interesting to talk about, and then you do your performance and I go, okay, I can't talk about any of that. I want to talk about the music and the songs we were talking backstage a little bit about the importance of Christian values in this country, as I think you've exemplified in music. John Adams famously said, this country is made for a moral and religious people. The government isn't entirely inadequate for any other Can you talk about the importance of maintaining Christian fundamentals, Christian morals, Christian ethics in our country?
Speaker 4: What you said it Christian fundamentals. What is fundamental come from its foundations. If the foundation isn't right, what happens to the house that you build on it crumbles? Are you noticing that our nation is crumbling because of the ideology they're building on wrong foundations. You can't tell a boy a child that he's a girl and expect that the foundation of his life will be built correctly. You're actually doing a disservice. It's easier if a child or someone whos struggled. This is a real struggle too, because there's an enemy against our soul. If there is a struggle with gender and someone is with the gender dysphoria, the best thing you can do is tell them the truth, because the truth sets people free. The best thing I can do is put truth in my music. Truth will never change. And here's the thing. Truth has been around here thousands of years before you ever got here. It is a pride and arrogance that is to tell you that you got here, that you have a moral and a superiority, that you know better than the last generation. See us lose called it. He called it. Oh man, it's sipping my tongue. I was about to get poetic and I just loved it. Oh he said something really cool. You gotta go read it. Oh learn. Okay, Well it's not coming back, so it's gonna stay there. But basically, it's this idea that this generation knows better than the last generation. We don't listen. There are things that will never change. Foundation. Matter of fact, the Bible says, don't don't move the ancient foundations, don't move it. It's been here. It's easier to conform to the truth than it is to live a whole life with a bunch of lies, because you'll keep propping yourself up until you completely fall apart. So with music, So you saw that song makeup. I heard a pastor preach. Watch out pastors, because if I hear you preach, I might write a song of what you said. I heard a pastor preach that josephel The very last thing she did was she put on makeup and then she was killed. And this preacher's name was Tommy ay Romi is a prophet from like African then London. But he's sort of giving the analogy. Sorry, there's a fly over here. Devil act binds you in Jesus name. He's the lord of the flies. That's what the Bible caused himself. I mean truly, that's his territory flies. Imagine that what a kingdom. Anyways, he said that, isn't it like the devil. He will disguise evil, make it look pretty. Evils dressing up to fool the people got all the saints on pins and needles because truth's illegal. Listen, there is sin has pleasure for a moment, but when you peel back the surface and you get behind there, you'll see that its job is to take you out, to destroy you and destroy everyone around you. So when it comes to music, it shouldn't just be about emotionalism. It should be spirit and truth. Then the Father's looking for worse rs who are worshiped in spirit and in truth. I'm not against the worship movement. I'm not against any Christian music, but when it becomes tears on Sunday and then you're living contradictory the rest of the week. It might have been spirit, but it might not have been truth. And I don't know what spirit. That was no hit to anyone, because I've had to learn these lessons. This is not a judgment. This is a pointing back at me because I've been there, had the emotional moments, and we need to have that. We are emotional beings. So anyways, I put truth in music be as truth sets free.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, you know, I don't speak ill of any you know other Christian musicians. Uh, but that' screed right there might have gotten you in trouble in some other Christian circles. Why keep pushing the way that you do? What drives you, what motivates you to keep speaking truth.
Speaker 4: When I was younger, I used to think that, And this is when I first met Tommy and I came to the Dream Center. When I was an American, I I started going to the Dream Center in La I found a church I heard about the Dream Center, so I started going right away. I used to think that Jesus wanted me to be famous for him. M that was that was that was a lie. That was I believe the wrong thing. I was caught up in the in the culture of like, oh yeah, I'll be famous for Jesus. He doesn't need me to be famous, he needs me to be obedient. What's more effective. Jesus was obedient, and sometimes his obedience. Look at John six, he said, okay, so in John five he feeds a bunch of people, right that the fish and five lows. John six. He turned the page and then he notices all these people are following me. He says, you're only following me because you're hungry. I fed your bellies, and he said this, but unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you can have no part in me. You know. The first thing they did, they started arguing. They just saw a massive miracle from two fish and five lowers. They started arguing amongst each other. And the thing is, they literally thought that Jesus meant to cannibalize. And so when you start understanding Jesus at sometimes he was at the Sermon of the Mount, inviting thousands of people, but then he had the father was having him cut off a lot of the people that were only there because they wanted to see a little magic show, right, and we know it wasn't magic. It was a heavenly father moving. But he had to cut him away because he knew some people were there on their flesh. And he said it several times, and he said this, the spirit gives life. The flesh prophets nothing. So it is the spirit operating, the spirit beating, obeating, writing songs that of the spirit that don't actually do things that are there's fruit attached to it, and sometimes that fruit will be public. Sometimes that fruit won't be public. The whole overall goal is to be bearing fruit. So going back to the question, why don't I push the heart, because I think obedience is the only way through to the Word of God. It is the only way you leave a legacy, and it's the only way you make actual impact. You can look like you're making a bunch of waves and actually nothing's happening. Like I said, I'm not pointing to figure. This is stuff I've had to deal with him rest with because I was thinking that he wanted me to be famous. I'm getting too Seriously, I need to smile more I feel like I need to smile, but it means a lot to me. Tree has set me free and it sets others free. It's not about me, it's not about you, It's about It's about the King, the King of Glory, Jesus, the Savior. And we'll be plugged into that outlet we begin to shine. Oh, people have shined, but they're not plugged in. But does that shine last? No?
Speaker 1: You know what reminds me of a quote. The greatest trick the devil ever pooled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And unfortunately, we see a lot of people kind of passiving their way through the demise of the culture. Unfortunately for everyday folks. Not everybody can Not everybody can write that kind of music. You're special. But for everyday folks, how do how do they? What's your advice to them? To keep pushing, keep the mission going forward for people who are trying to get into that No, no, no, no, just everyday folks who you know, carpenters, people who work it.
Speaker 4: You know, let me pivot. Chronological snobbery is what C. S. Lewis said. It took me this much together.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 4: Chronological snobbery. Thank you lark, just just kiddy right now. I was like, oh gosh, that was there. So anyways, how do I encourage people to keep pushing forward, to do the will of God, do what you were made for. When we get to heaven, I think we might see the people who had the biggest platforms. Yeah they were doing a lot of people are doing great. But we might see the prayer warrior, the one who was hidden, who was holding back principalities for the person who stood on stage. You might see the martyrs who gave their life. What I'm saying is like we if you. A lot of times we feel insignificant because one of the things that we want to be is seen. But you are seen. Remember he said this in the scripture. He says, what you give in secret, let no one know, so that your heavenly father sees you. Are we too concerned with who's seen? And we should be concerned the eyes of the Father. If you're a carpenter, do it unto the Lord Jesus Christ. Your reward might be bigger than my reward in heaven. And so this is the encouragement to you, is don't measure what you're doing you know the fight you're in, the fight of faith that you're in by what you're doing and how many eyes are seeing. You measure it by what Jesus said, I came to do the will of my father. I can't and part of that will was to give it. Everyone thought that Jesus was gonna build the kingdom on earth, like the disciples, Yes, build this kingdom. Jesus ended up building. I mean, given his life on a cross, it looked completely opposite of what winning looked like. You know, winning didn't look like the cross for most people in this room. But that actually is the message of winning, is taking up the cross following the footsts of Jesus being found faithful. Listen, the Bible says the road is narrow, but why does the road of destruction?
Speaker 1: It's hard to follow up with questions when he gets applauslines.
Speaker 4: Like that, I feel like I'm a seeing gun right now, and I'm just.
Speaker 1: Like, okay. So I feel like I've said pushing a number of times. So when you push, you unfortunately inevitably, not unfortunately, you inevitably get pushed back. You've had some tough times in life, You've gone through difficult seasons, how has the Lord met you in those seasons and helped you get over the hump?
Speaker 4: For lack of a better term, Yeah, I've one month before going on American Oto. How many have you watched American Idol? Did you watch my season?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 4: Right? Did you vote for me?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: You didn't?
Speaker 4: That took third place? What was a question?
Speaker 1: When when you when you push forward?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Man, if it wasn't for the grace of God, I've dealt with a lot of emotional problems in my life, like the real Danny, like I had a lot of Like one of the things I can say to people is get rid of the lies that are in your life. I grew up with this this this lie that God didn't love me. I grew up with a lie at a young age that I blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I didn't even know what it was, but I had this convinced that I was a blasphemer and I was going to hell. All those lies crippled me because I would just ignore them and I would stuff him down. And but thankful for God that he carried me through those seasons. And you know, lies are you know, secret sparity live, They never die, They fester, I was a kid who kept a lot of secrets because I carried a lot of shame, and so you know, it was God, it was his presence, it was his word that would carry me through. There was a lot of times. I mean I had many mental breakdowns behind the scenes that people didn't see. You can even go and watch a podcast that I did with Doctor Amen about the hidden the thing that I had a scrupulosity, and I was dealing all with this while I was going on American Idol having wrong theology. Why am I so big on truth and on foundations? Because emotions don't set you free, your own ideas don't set you free. Jesus and the truth sets you free. The best thing you can do is try to find the truth. And for me, like I remember I walking home from the funeral or driving home from the funeral of my first wife. We passed away one month before the show, and I remember God didn't answer my prayers. And because my foundation of the scriptures wasn't fully correct. I got a lot of good foundation, but a lot of it was messed up. I remember going home that they thinking, well, he didn't answer my prayer. I was totally defeated. And I couldn't even cry at the funeral because I just felt pressure. I just felt numb, and I was like, is God gonna kill me? Because if he didn't answer the prayer to heal her, then there must be something seriously wrong with me because she was good. I'm bad. You know. That's why I with my kids and everything that I do. Jesus said, then you'll know the truth, and the truth will set you free. The truth is so important on how you live and the freedom that you walk in. And knowing the truth has been the thing that set me free going on Americanato. Did it feel good? Did it feel good to see people cheering me on and seeing God doing some of my story? Yes, But it was the truth that set me free, that got me to walk in joy, that got me to walk in peace, that got me to walk out of the anxiety. And it's a process. It's a process, the best thing you can do. I was telling my wife this, I said, I didn't know this about myself, but as a young person, I lied it to myself a lot. I didn't mean to. I just believe the wrong a lot of wrong things. And it's humanity. You sometimes just lie to yourself. You believe what you want to believe. You didn't have to say, well, everything happens for a reason, that's a lie. Well, no, it's the truth. But we usually think like, well, it must have been God. We put it on God. No, everything happens because of the decisions you make and what you decided to believe to believe your emotions, or what the world has given you, or what God has given you in the word of God. And so I'm going all over the place, but there's something I can say. The truth matters in the fabric of the foundation of America. Truth matters in gender, Truth matters in your religious walk with the Lord. Truth matters. It absolutely matters in your home, It matters in your marriage, it matters with your children, because it's the one thing that you can build your life on. And if you build your life on the truth, that solid foundation will never crumble. Have you ever seen a house that has a faulty foundation. The guy next to me, the farm next to me, the whole farm fell because of a faulty foundation. Imagine this is what's happened in America right now. If you have a faulty foundation, it'll all fall. If you have a faulty foundation in your religious walk or in your foundational belief systems, you will eventually fall. How about the fall be It comes through anxiety, It comes through depression, It comes through oppression and OCD and the things that I stir with. So I guess all that to say, the biggest thing that I love is the truth, and Jesus is a way the truth and the life. America needs him. You need him. The person across the street needs him, the people in the bars need him. I need my family needs him. He's the only answer. Listen. We have a great president, I believe, but Jesus still is the answer.
Speaker 1: Hey man, dream City one more time for getting the Yogi