Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy Armstrong and Jetty and He arm Draw.
Speaker 2: Live from Studio C see you signor it is a dimly lit room where's deput from the bowels of the Armstrong and Getting communications compound here on Little Friday.
Speaker 1: We're under the tutelage of our general managers.
Speaker 3: The hostages, not the sausages, and not Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: OI say that speech last night.
Speaker 3: I tried to take one for the team, and I just, I just I tried what a.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 3: I didn't even consider watching that we would be big on the return of the sausages today. Yeah, I assume the President looked and sounded like an old man. But the content I thought was damned interesting. I know you're really into beating up old people with dementia.
Speaker 1: I uh, I was interested in some of the content. So I do want to talk about that.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about my own brain, got to tell you.
Speaker 1: So let Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Lost badly twice in chess to my son last night, like badly, like.
Speaker 1: And you were bringing it. I assume I was trying.
Speaker 3: I have to try now to to beat him, and uh, and I lost badly. Like I told him, I said, this is the worst defeat I've ever had in chests in my life. And I've played thousands.
Speaker 1: Of games of chess. Chest. You know, Michael, you have influenced me.
Speaker 3: I was texting somebody about chess yesterday and I accidentally texted Chest. I thought, that's Michael, that's Michael. Stop Michael anyway. And then, just like this morning, I get to the building to take my time, I leisurely time walk into the car. I'd been sitting in my car listening to news stuff like that. I get it there. I don't have my key things, so I gotta go all the way back to my car and I'm barely gonna make it because i just can't remember stuff. And when I'm playing chess and I'm sitting there and I just how did you do that?
Speaker 1: So I think I'm going down the road of Joe Biden. Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, I certainly hope not. That's going to be inconvenient for business, not to mention, you know, maybe maybe it'll be hilarious though. Yeah, yeah, I had a moment like that the other night. But then I realized it was because I was just I was preoccupied.
Speaker 1: I was focused on other things.
Speaker 3: Although it involved an oven in this case, not like turning it on or extending the time or so it stayed on. But I thought, wow, that's the flip side of forgetting to turn it off, which is like a senior moment thing, right, like a worry about should dad be in managed care? He left the oven on? Blah blah, he should dad own a stove? Is that where you are now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, anyway, that's a tough one.
Speaker 3: I was in the midst of complicated negotiations and that was thinking of other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I assumed Joe Biden sounded like that last night. But a couple of the.
Speaker 3: Things he said are outrageous, just freaking outrageous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was slowed paste, mumbly and stumbly, full of utter fictions, cliches, talking points and.
Speaker 1: What the hell's it was just it was a mess.
Speaker 3: Well, we are into a new era to where this sort of thing happens, So I don't think it's gonna land in such a way that it gets that much attention or whatever, because we're just.
Speaker 1: Into a new era.
Speaker 3: People say crazys all the time, even presidents. But if you went back twenty years, if a George W. Bush or a Bill Clinton had given a farewell speech and said, I have a warning for America. We are coming under the hold of an oligarchy that will make it impossible for people on the bottom to rise up.
Speaker 1: I mean, that would have been.
Speaker 3: Earth shattering, right if the outgoing president had said, we're falling under the fold of an oligarchy.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Because Elon Musk tweets a lot in favor of things Trump does, We're now an oligarchy.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: He gave the Metal of Freedom to George Sorows last week, who was allowed to uh Marxist prosecutors to run our biggest cities.
Speaker 1: That was fine.
Speaker 3: But now that it's a billionaire on the other side, you have to give a speech about how America is over.
Speaker 1: It's over. I know, I know, I was gonna say. My responses are A, No, we're not. It might be.
Speaker 3: That's the response to that, No we're not, and B what were you talking about?
Speaker 1: God stop it?
Speaker 3: Well, And the other reason, obviously not much reaction is coming forth is that he is completely irrelevant and it's sad, and it's just it is so what's done. It is your last day of your senior class at high school, presuming you're the sort who looks forward not back. Mostly it's just and some teachers saying, you know, your desk is a little messy, or like what shut up? So, yeah, Biden's what Biden has to say is practically relevant. I have enjoyed very much a piece of reporting on how hurt Kamala Harris is that Joe Biden's walking around saying he could have beaten Trump, not because it's in any way irrelevant, but because it's just funny.
Speaker 1: Well it's not true. That not true also, but oh.
Speaker 3: It's the delusions of the rambling old brattle trap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been in this, We've all been in the situation before.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Kamala Harris would like to say, Look, dude, I mean, it's one thing you go around saying that, and it's annoying and you don't need to say it, and obviously it makes me look bad, but the fact.
Speaker 1: That it's so not true, it's just not true.
Speaker 3: Specifically is going around saying, you know, the poles I saw I could have beaten him. She's gotta want to sit him down and say, dude, come on, why do you think Nancy Pelosi, you're best friend of fifty years, that you've been talking about, cut your legs off at the knees. Jill Biden gave an interview to the Washington Post yesterday. The details came out in which she said she's very disappointed in what Nancy Pelosi did well and the other things Joe's running around saying is Look, the only reason I dropped out was to keep the party from being divided. I could have won. Wow, Hey, did you set a timer when you put the meat in the toaster oven? Grandpa Joe, you need to set a timer. You need one of those pillcases. It keeps track of have you taken your pill yet today?
Speaker 1: Hey? I have those, so take it easy there. Boy.
Speaker 3: He needs he needs that for a life. I remember when I had cancer. I was taken twenty one pills a day and a long sheet of I had to check gough. There's no way I could keep drag of what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, plus that fall down. I rattled like a Morocca. It's terrible.
Speaker 3: It's what I call the don't have a heart attack or stroke variety pack and it's working so far. I don't take a pill a week, thank god. Oh I do half a dozen in the morning. So we got lots to talk about. And then there's the Israel Israel Hamas situation that is being reported entirely one direction by most of the media, and one nugget on Fox that I hadn't seen anywhere else that would have colored my view of the story.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 3: The current acting leader of Hamas put out a video yesterday saying we won.
Speaker 1: October seventh was a glorious day.
Speaker 3: We won, God willing there will be many more October sevenths.
Speaker 1: Yes yesterday he put that out.
Speaker 3: Now, NPR and MSNBC and the other media that I took in today is reporting Benjamin nettan Yahoo as usual scuttling a piece deal. Doesn't want peace, wants to stay in power. It's all about him, not even mentioning the Hamas side of the negotiation, in which, for one thing, they're demanding thirty three prisoners with life sentences to be released that are almost certainly dedicated have dedicated their lives to killing Israelis, and many many more prisoners to be released. Who knows what the situation is with the prisoner, with the hostages. They are going to give back, and your leader just said, ah Man, October seventh was the greatest day of my life. That was fantastic. I hope we can do it again sometime. My final note on this, and there's a great deal more to be said. Some solid analysis I've come across is that I watched two videos within an hour of each other last night, and they were utterly indistinguishable. They were the same video. The first one was the celebratory chanting and jumping up and down and cheering in the streets at the announcement of the ceasefire in Gaza, And the other video I watched was the chanting and cheering valuah Bar and the beating of the corpses and the beatings of the live hostages as they were taken on October seventh. Not a small band of militants, the people of Gaza doing this, and they participated wholesale in the taking, the torturing, the raping, and the holding of the hostages. Yeah boy, you talk about an underreported, completely not reported aspect of this story. The people of Gaza loved this. They thought it was awesome, A hell of a lot of them. And you know what the way geopolitics works, if there's a minority that hated it, I feel terrible for them.
Speaker 1: That's awful. It's awful.
Speaker 3: They live under a terrorist, Islamist, monstrous regime.
Speaker 1: It's awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, that's an interesting story. We've got a lot more on all of those coming up. Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this at his Thursday January sixteenth, the or twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: We are armstrong in getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 3: Let's begin then, officially, according to the FCC rules and regulations, here we go.
Speaker 1: Mark, I guess.
Speaker 3: Today after I gave an opportunity to study overnight.
Speaker 1: So can you tell me and this committee what the citizenship cause of the fourteenth Amendment? Says Senator. I'm here to answer your questions. I'm not here to do your homework and study for you.
Speaker 3: Vam Bondi John with Senator Alex Padilla. Ridiculous. She is going to be confirmed though, that's all the news. No, there's not really a hint of the fact that she's not going to make it through. She will be your new attorney general, starting very very soon.
Speaker 1: How does she also?
Speaker 3: According to the Internet, and I think in this case is fairly accurate, own Adam Schiff. And then he fell sound asleep afterward in the hearing. That's how a ghast he is at Trump's awful nominees. Yeah, he was slumbering like a baby seeing video.
Speaker 1: How's mailbag, loook? Did you ay tell me it's it's.
Speaker 3: It's quite good. Yeah, it's got some real wit and wisdom. So you could have told me, I would have forgotten. I left my queen right there. I mean, it was obvious it was gonna get taken, and I didn't even see.
Speaker 1: It's just embarrassing. So here's our text line.
Speaker 3: If you have any comment on anything We've Saturday like us to say, text line four one, five, two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about some NFL playoff football.
Speaker 3: Weekend this weekend. There's some good games to me, very exciting. I hate those Ravens. That's gonna be the game, man. It's basically an even line. Oh yeah yeah, A couple of great dynamic mobile quarterbacks, awesome defenses.
Speaker 1: Can't wait.
Speaker 3: I hate to come off as self congratulatory. But you know, if you don't blow your horn, who else will get your mouth off my horn?
Speaker 1: I've said.
Speaker 3: The reaction to well, this is a statement of fact. The reaction to yesterday's one More Thing podcast, which never airs, it just is a podcast. Here's reaction new yesterday's podcast is unprecedented. Yes, here's an interesting thing. I couldn't, for one hundred dollars tell you what we talked about yesterday. I have no really need to mind her. I'd be willing to chip in because of my own interest in you not.
Speaker 1: I've always been that once the show's over, it just it's done.
Speaker 3: I just I don't remember saying anything but yeah, it's always a good head to do with bread and uh oh yeah cat yeah, yeah, particular term.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was a good one. Yes.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if you subscribe to I'm Strong and getting on demand, you will get one more thing.
Speaker 1: We're including it these days. Anyway, here's your freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, my my beloved daughter de Landy May little d who is at law school, factored into the podcast yesterday and she sent this freedom loving quote she thought I would enjoy. It is from the great John Locke, for he that thinks absolute power purifies men's blood and correct the baseness of human nature. Need read but the history of this or any other age to be convinced of the contrary, which is just the flip side of the form of the famous Lord acton quote. Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely right, undeniable. So you've got to not worship politicians. Keep an eye on them. Not so trustworthy housekeeper.
Speaker 1: You know, they got to be watched every second. Politicians are a not trustworthy housekeeper. I've never heard that one before. Was that? What's metaphorical? It's somebody you cannot trust. You mustn't even if you like them.
Speaker 3: Keep half an eye on them. Why because power corrupts. Maybe they weren't corrupt at when you voted for them, but it's a tendency.
Speaker 1: They're human. If men were angels, we would not need government. I don't like this whole bougie. Keep your eye on your housekeeper. It's a matter of her mailbag.
Speaker 3: Drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong e Geddy dot com. Oh, don't get me started on my mouthy butler. Let's see where we're ah, Yes, drop his note mail bag at Armstrong in Getty dot Com. Maggie may cannot find the jack taking his coat off in a womanly fashioned video.
Speaker 1: She's looking at the website. We actually just put that out on our.
Speaker 3: Social media Twitter and Facebook, but we will post it at Armstrong a Getty dot com. I can say it continues to be the talk of my household, as my high schoolers really bothered how I take my coat off like a like a chick, whereas both Michael and I take off our coats in a manner that's I mean hul Cochin meets Hernest Hemingway. Really, anyway, Maggie, we will post that for you, plus you how to follow us on Twitch.
Speaker 1: Unless you don't want to, then don't.
Speaker 3: How about this surefire quick fix for the wildfires.
Speaker 1: Writes Chris.
Speaker 3: Fastest way to clean up Ellie County would be a visit from President she and then he sent along that headline from shijiin Ping's visit to San Francisco, in which smiling Gavin and the city fathers and mothers who would not clean up the disgusting streets for the people who lived there clean them up for shijiin Ping, their Kami overlord. Although they've done a lot better lately, and we'll do better now with the new moderate mayor. Thank you, Chris, good point. Ricky the Bricky says, good morning, gentlemen. I don't know about this ceasefire agreement. I've heard a lot of talk about several somewhat important aspects, but not one word about returning the sausages hashtag no deal, ah.
Speaker 1: The return of astle. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Martha Radditts of ABC, one thing she is is a pretty hard bit foreign correspondent, been in a lot of war zones. And she said, you know, the who knows what conditions some of these hostages are in or what stories they're going to tell when they're released, and man, public opinion could change very quickly. I think that's absolutely true, and the Israelis are preparing for a very difficult set of jobs, given the physical and emotional the situation the hostages are probably going to be in when they're released.
Speaker 1: We only have a minute. That's too bad.
Speaker 3: Have an absolutely great note from Momnonymous about Pete Hegzeth and the military. She has three sons in the army.
Speaker 1: Wow, I want to hear that at some point. Why don't we squeeze that in next half hour.
Speaker 3: I think we should some more confirmation stuff going on today, but still not scheduled. The big one, I think, at least from a spectacle standpoint, is the RFK Junior one.
Speaker 1: That one could be very exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and definitely a big flashing question mark over whe whether he will get through. But again, we'll let you know when it comes, and we're bringing you the highlights of the hearings as they take place.
Speaker 1: Been fun so far. We are going to work on Monday.
Speaker 3: We briefly discussed taking it the day off as good as Martin Luther King Junior Day, but it's also inauguration Day and Trump will become president of the United States again while we're on the air, and we'll be covering that live and with our own unique brand of commentary, which should be a lot of fun. Indeed, wait and if you missed a segment now or then get it in the podcast.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty Onto men, Armstrong and Getty. It'll hold. I'm confident. Thank you, Boks. Credit for this, mister President you or try is that a Joe? Oh? Thank you? So?
Speaker 3: Joe Biden finishes with a speech. Last night's walking off. Who gets credit for the ceasefire agreement as if? I mean, at that time it seemed like it.
Speaker 1: Was actually gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I'm not so sure now, but anyway, who gets credit for the ceasefire agreement?
Speaker 1: Israel and Hamas? Is that a joke?
Speaker 3: Joe Biden said something similar. Not exactly sure why they're going with that. Since The New York Times is out today, Peter Baker big story top of the fold. How amazingly well two administrations that in theory hate each other, the Trump administration the Bide administration have been working hand in glove in the State Department to try to put this together. It's a cod putting it together. But Joe Biden went with his ad a joke that doesn't really matter. It's just odd. I think it's interesting that so almost all of the sound that we had put together from yesterday's newscasts and stuff like that about this no longer is operable because so many things have happened overnight. Israel bomba the but Jesus out of Gaza, the Gaza leader putting out a video saying, Oh God be praised, that was the greatest day ever. October seventh, May there be many more we declare victory. That's not a good way to get the whole ceasefire thing going. Yeah, I would say, and that was why, you know, yesterday and the day before I was expressing such skepticism about whether the joy was appropriate, and not in a cynical way, not in a mocking way. Certainly, if my loved one was held, I would be desperate for some sort of solution. But you are dealing with the devil. This is the snake you knew was a snake when you picked it up, Hamas. And they will remember it is only in their interest to seek peace and on accord of any sort if it serves their aim of wiping every Jew out of Israel, and if they can the face of the earth.
Speaker 1: That's what you're dealing with.
Speaker 3: Oh, one other thing to throw in, Secretary of State Blinken for a handful of more days said, Hamas is reconstituted, has replaced every member that has been killed. Why did he come out and say that? Was he trying to scuttle the deal? I mean, what an injury. I mean, if it's true, it's true. But one interesting thing to say. I have really conflicting thoughts about Anthony Blinken from day to day. I'll tell you this though, if you are serving at the pleasure of the president and executing his foreign policy, there will be times that a guy like Anthony Blinken disagrees with the president and is not getting his way.
Speaker 1: And in this the final.
Speaker 3: Week of the administration, you're starting to hear people say, here's what I really think. By the way, well, having read the David sangerbook and the Bob Woodward book, with all the behind the scenes of all this stuff Ukraine and Israel, Blincoln is way more of a hard ass than his boss, way more. He's got way more of a real politic view than his boss does. But anyway, the quote yesterday was the newspaper reporting Blincoln says new Hamas recruits have nearly replaced war losses.
Speaker 1: So why did he come out and say.
Speaker 3: That, I don't know. Interesting, I don't want to bury the lead. Just a few facts and then back to the analysis. Yesterday, Israel Hamas finally agreed to a truce as part of a six week ceasefire. Israel will withdraw from parts of Gaza, free hundreds of Palestinian prisoners, hundreds Hamas will receive, will release a few dozen a third of the hostages. It still holds well, and they're hoping of the one hundreds thirty three with life's sentences. And you've got to remember that Sinwar was a hostage, was a prisoner that was released by Israel in a swamp. Also, so you release those really bad guys, it can come back to Hanya. Israel's government must still ratify the agreement. Officials are treating it as complete. The truth will go into effect on Sunday. Hamas will release thirty three hostages in waves over six weeks. They'll include women, children, older men, and sicker wounded people. About a hundred hostages remain in Gaza, although about thirty five are believed to be dead. So they're releasing a third of the hostages. These fine fellas. I suppose you have to release them in waves just to see that Israel's holding up their end of the bargain by allowing in aid trucks and stopping bombing and all.
Speaker 1: That sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Otherwise you've lost every bit of leverage you have that way that were yes, yeah, absolutely on both sides in different aspects of it. But I can't help but thing given the nature of Hamasis we're just discussing and the history of this thing. Israel gets a handful of the hostages back, turns loose some Palestinians, events will transpire, and it's on again, and this is very short lived.
Speaker 1: Well, I realize I'm very one sided on this. But so you got Israel. They're supposed to give back.
Speaker 3: Scumbag criminals who have dedicated their lives to killing Israelis.
Speaker 1: They're supposed to give them back.
Speaker 3: Hamas is going to give back college kids who were at a concert, children and old people who had nothing to do with nothing and never would have harmed a hair on anybody's head.
Speaker 1: But the peace activists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't even understand how that's a deal in any way. Again, like I said yesterday, the only way I can see Israel wanting to make this deal, well, there is a lot of public pressure to get the hostages back, and also I think they want to get this off the table because they're planning on a major attack of Iran. I think couldn Yeah, absolutely, So the whatever is I gonna jump in?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yes, some really interesting analysis in the Wall Street Journal, Rory Jones summersade the broad terms agreed to Wednesday after a year fruitless negotiations are not substantially different from those that were available to both sides.
Speaker 1: Eight months ago. What changed is everything else.
Speaker 3: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Nettniel, who spent the first half of the year fighting with political rivals. He was stuck in a war of attrition with Hamas, facing ominous threats from iran sallied militia Lebanon hes Bulah.
Speaker 1: Then the tables turned.
Speaker 3: Israel killed Hamas leader Yaya Sinwar, battered hes Bulah with a series of operations, including one of the cleverest ever, the famous and infamous pagers and walkie talkies Attack Struck on Iran destroyed most of the country's air defenses. The Assad regime collapsed in Syria, punching a hole in Iran's network of militias.
Speaker 1: And Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump, Yeah, and his iven in return to office has galvanized both sides. Who's the most absolutely true? Who the latest polling? Who's the most popular politician in Israel right now?
Speaker 1: By far?
Speaker 3: Donald Trump not surprising polls higher than anybody. I think there is a pretty good dividing line among Americans voters humanity in general. If you had asked the question, are there times when a leader must act with swift, fair brutality, and a fair number of human beings would say no, there's never a reason for that. You can always choose peace, And a certain number of us who would say, you know, war is to be avoided at all costs. Loss of human life, human suffering is to be avoided at virtually any cost.
Speaker 1: But not any cost.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you gotta you gotta kill people and hurt people and break stuff to prevent much more widespread death and destruction.
Speaker 1: It saves lives. It bothers me that I haven't seen anywhere but Fox.
Speaker 3: The fact that the current leader, Hope Mass put out a video last night saying, you know, being basically doing a touchdown dance.
Speaker 1: We won, We won, We defeated you. Who hope we can do it again? What? Why would you agree with that guy?
Speaker 3: So nobody but Fox has mentioned that it's only being covered as Net and Yah, who once again scuttling a peace deal, doesn't like peace warmonger, He likes dead Palestinians. But to be fair, Fox did their reporting today was Net and Yahoo. Hamas says they're willing to go forward with the deal the the way Joe just laid it out in the agreement. Hamas is still willing to go forward with it. Net and Yah who is not? And they and Net Yahho is not said specifically. Why so fair to point that out. I guess one final thoughts, which might re buy one more thing, might be because the right wing of his coalition is threatening to blow up the government. The people to the right of Net and Yahoo are saying, no freaking way we're doing a deal with these monsters will blow up the government. And you know, the way their government works, the whole thing could fall with ally that support. So he might just be kind of pretending to I don't know about this. I don't trust these guys to keep them happy.
Speaker 1: Pop right right.
Speaker 3: The journal also quotes this fellow is the director of the Middle East and North Africa Program at Chathamhouse Say think tank in London.
Speaker 1: Well thought of quote us.
Speaker 3: Pressure coming from President Trump directly think has been a huge motivator, particularly on Prime Minister Net Yahoo.
Speaker 1: But this deal is very fragile. I would agree it helps.
Speaker 3: You just said this, It helps to be people be scared of you. Nobody was scared of Joe Biden. They knew when push came to shove, your main thing was going to be don't escalate. But I just shoved you down. I'm not going to escalate. Yeah, we know you've said it a thousand times.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you're laying there on the ground, as Joe Biden, they just shoved you down, your response is going to be don't. If you're thinking you're shoving me again, don't embarrassing, freaking embarrassing. Oh, it's incredibly weak and invited aggression and illegals to come across.
Speaker 1: Don't. Here's my message to illegals thinking of coming to our border. Don't.
Speaker 3: How can any human being be that in a factual and continue to do and say the same things and not just be so horrifically mortifyingly embarrassed you would change your tech.
Speaker 1: I don't get that. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: We've all seen parents at the store having that sort of conversation with their child who continues to do whatever they want. You better stop or I always want to say, or what it looks like it looks like they can do whatever they want. Yeah, but hundreds of millions of people didn't vote for them to become the parent. I mean, anyway, a couple more thoughts. Very quickly, the editorial board of the journal is wondering whether Trump will break from the Biden's script to end Hamasa's rule of Gaza, because that's got to happen. Oh boy, otherwise there will be no lasting piece. It's an idiot fantasy that there could be. Yeah, you talk about the next stage of this. Who's gonna run that place? That's a complicated one. One more perspective, here's a conservative Israeli wrote an editorial. Trump forced net Yahoo to make a deal with the devil. Some hostages will come home, but Hamas survives, which means more Israelis and Americans will die.
Speaker 1: So that point of view is absolutely alive.
Speaker 3: And well, you would never know it from the mainstream liberal media, but yes, that point of view is not only alive, but it's valid. And then finally this, and it's a sobering thought. Indeed, Israel has medical teams, psychological teams, nutritionists all standing by because the hostages that were released more than a year ago were in tear ruble shape, many of them physically and psychologically.
Speaker 1: And that was a year ago. Hard to imagine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, serious emotional mental issues, malnutrition, weight loss, lice, skin diseases, you name it. I struggle to see why Israel would want to do this deal other than well, my theory that they're trying to fixate on attacking Iran and just to get you know, try to change world public opinion because Israel does need the world not to hate them even more.
Speaker 1: Doesn't do them any good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just I think if they can get some of the hostages back, that's an obvious victory on a humanitarian level, and then the a fresh new can of whoop ass will be produced the moment it's needed.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: It's also always pointed out by the people over at Commentary, which is a Jewish publication' that's the Jewish thing. I mean, that's the Israeli thing. That's their law. We will do anything to get a hostage back, right, which is why they have to give one hundred Palestinians for every Jew. Frequently in these trades, they value life much more highly than Hamas, which doesn't value it at all. No, trust me, I value my dog's life more than the leaders of Hamas value the lives of any individual Palestinian citizen, because their death is a pr victory. They as it's said, the only thing they like better than a dead Jew is a dead Palestinian.
Speaker 1: See isful? Yeah, which is a horrifying situation.
Speaker 3: You'll be interesting to see how this plays out and the coverage of it and what Trump does and says.
Speaker 1: Maybe even today. So we got a lot more on the way.
Speaker 3: Katie's headlines coming up to stay here. Too much news, too much news happening.
Speaker 1: There needs to be a limit on the news.
Speaker 3: Only three things can happen per day, and only two of them can be unpleasant.
Speaker 1: Right, that needs to be the new rule.
Speaker 3: As I mentioned, we decided we're going to work on Monday because it's an on garation day and Trump becomes president, and there'll be a bunch of speech of fying and pageantry that we can comme out.
Speaker 1: If you enjoyed our play by play of.
Speaker 3: The Carter funeral, you'll enjoy our play by play of the Trump inauguration.
Speaker 1: Regrettable.
Speaker 3: Ah, So let's get to today. Can't wait to get started. Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 4: Katie starting with CNN, Hamas says it is quote committed to the truce. Several details of the timeline of the full deal remain unclear.
Speaker 3: I would imagine ridiculous. Why wouldn't they be committed to the truce? Again, I don't see what Israel. What Israel gets out of it? Of course, so you're gonna get back a whole bunch of fighters, hardened fighters. You're gonna get more aid in, and you get to reconstitute so.
Speaker 1: That you can attack anytime you want to. Again, what's the downside for you?
Speaker 4: The New York post La Mayor Karen Bass failed to deploy highly trained, one million dollar crisis response team to help the wildfire victims.
Speaker 3: So he is busy in Ghana, eating, drinking, having a big time. So many questions around this. I hope they are followed up upon.
Speaker 4: From ABC. Biden in farewell address warns about the dangers of unchecked power in the ultra wealthy.
Speaker 3: Oh again, you gave George Soros the Medal of Freedman, the Medal of Freedom last week. But now that there's a right wing billionaire, that's one of the big.
Speaker 1: Crisises in America history. A sterify.
Speaker 3: Please come for the the idiocy, as he Jack points out, stay for the incoherence.
Speaker 1: That was something last night. If you didn't see it, good for you.
Speaker 3: But we'll play a couple of quote unquote highlights just to give you the flavor of it.
Speaker 4: From the Free Beacon, Rubio breezes through confirmation hearing pledges to confront Iran's nuclear program and combat the.
Speaker 1: SEFCP no market.
Speaker 3: There are even some Democrats saying this is a good choice from Trump. So that's as an easy one.
Speaker 4: From Meta's pivot to the right sparks boycotts and a user exodus.
Speaker 1: Did he pivot to the right? Is that what is going on here? By merely saying.
Speaker 3: We're gonna stop acting the fact that Biden mentioned that in his speech last night.
Speaker 1: Oh, social media companies no longer fact checking?
Speaker 3: Please Wow, It's just I can't even Oh the best news of the day.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna save it for you the best news of the day next hour. At the beginning of the hour. From a conservative point of view from.
Speaker 4: The Wall Street Journal, Wall Street thinks US homes are overpriced. Are saying housing could be overvalued anywhere from ten to thirty five percent based on how investors are acting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a friend who's in the home business.
Speaker 1: I want to say, you what, but he said in.
Speaker 3: Our area, he said, everything needs to come down by about half wow to be wow. Yeah, there are such distortions in the market to the fallout from COVID and the jacking up of the interest rates and everything. Yeah, it's it's absolutely gonna filter down ten to thirty percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's far off. Wow. And I would guess closer to thirty than ten. I would agree.
Speaker 4: From Popular Science, the Gateway to the Grand Canyon fossilized bug farts, t rex poop and more ancient artifacts.
Speaker 1: It fossilized the passing of wind.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but it's called the pooseum.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: They're trying to because kids like dinosaurs and stuff, so they're trying to. Oh, I see what they're doing. Yes, and any reference to Pooh.
Speaker 1: And finally the Babylon bee.
Speaker 4: In effort to improve Senate confirmation hearings, Democrat women replaced by rabbit hyenas.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Wow, that's that's unkind. We played yesterday the near cat fight on the floor or the house between Nancy Mason what's her face? From Texas who almost fought the mergery Tale of Green does Joe Biden think that liberal fact checking is real? Like, it's not just check facts. Okay, we got a lot more to get to the senile.
Speaker 1: That's true, Armstrong and Getty