Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, where football finally is family.
Speaker 2: I'm Greg Rosenthal here in the Chris Wesley.
Speaker 1: Podcast studio next to my friend Cynthia Freeli, and I mentioned that because as we speak, Tom, Debbie and Walker Rosenthal are in the in the back, you might have a special guest at the end of the show making a special pick. And so after he was NFL's most wanted just a month ago getting booted out of the studio, he's back and your parents are arriving to the facility right at this time, so we should get going.
Speaker 2: How are you, Cynthia.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm like, you know, a little Holidays dress. Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 2: We're good. It is one of those days and all good.
Speaker 1: If you listen to this show each and every week, you know we make three picks against the spread. We do Last week I sued, you know, it wasn't a great week for Cynthia, wasn't a great week for both of us.
Speaker 2: In terms of the end of that Bears Vikings game. I was very.
Speaker 1: Annoyed by Rome mcdoonza when he made that fourth down catch. I believe, I believe we have the graphic of our of our records over the course of the season.
Speaker 2: I went to in one.
Speaker 1: Not a great week for you, but still you're still over five hundred for the season.
Speaker 2: We're doing well.
Speaker 3: I'm mad about it, and it took bigger risks and you know, no risk it.
Speaker 1: No biscuit, absolutely, and we're going to make it back this week. We'll see if we have any picks on the same side. Why don't you get us going?
Speaker 3: Okay, so are all games in play?
Speaker 1: If you want to know, let's skip the Thanksgiving games. We're taping this before.
Speaker 3: I'm more worried about whatever you are.
Speaker 2: Do whatever you're Wriday and play. Sure.
Speaker 3: Give me those darn Chiefs. Okay, it's a big number, and they don't they don't like to they don't like to cover the spread. However, I got some points as to why number one. This is the team that beat the Monk Christmas last year. They're also coming off this Panthers game where they did not expect to have this like game tying drive by Bryce Young to bring it into overtime. I think we see like they went out, they got another left tackle, they're mad, blah blah blah. I think they cover the number.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know I don't want to pat myself on the back. Actually I do always want to pat myself on the back. I was, I was on the other side of you with the Panthers last week. I didn't feel you there. But I only bring that up because I think you're right. I am with you, Kier, because the Raiders, to me, are much more of a dead team. Antonio Pearce even said it. Did you hear this one on on Wednesday? Say it's the best team in the league versus the worst team.
Speaker 4: In the league.
Speaker 2: You don't say that about your own.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, like, look like last week they had some things to go right with Gardner minshew. I mean he had some nice throws on outbreaking around.
Speaker 1: And now he's out and it's Aidan O'Connell again, who did who did get that win in theory against the chief.
Speaker 3: By not completing a pass in three in three quarters? Don't don't let you know. Why would we want facts to get in the way of.
Speaker 1: A good offensive efficiency was very good for the Chiefs last week. There's actually the defense that let them down. Okay, so last week my number one overall pick, which cruised, yeah, was Titans plus eight and a half. They ended up just winning that game outright. I think this team has been playing better than the box score and the final score is said for a little while. I'm going back to them with my number one overall pick this week. This week they are plus five and a five plus five point five in Washington. Now, Washington, maybe they gets to win, maybe they maybe they won't.
Speaker 2: Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Maybe they win, maybe they won't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but they don't. The Titans don't need to win this game. I wouldn't surprise me if they won straight up. Yeah, Washington. That offense is based around the running game and they're just not getting it going lately. Jeffrey Simmons, Harold Landry Sweat, who's been playing really good Defandre Sweat as a rookie has been great, and I think they will be able to stop the Washington run game that makes them one dimensional. I think it's going to be close. I actually kind of like what I've seeing out of Will Levis. He's a bizarre player. He almost seems to like to get tackled, you know what I mean, Like he likes to get sacked. He just wants to feel a little paid.
Speaker 3: Twenty times in three games, bless like you know, he's into it.
Speaker 2: He's into it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes in life you just need to get hit just to feel something. But he had some big time throws in that game. At one point he just wasn't throwing the ball, and the announcing crew, Jay Feeley, was like, throw it, throw it. But I think he's playing better in his second year. I think these two teams are pretty close when it comes to talent. I think the lack of talent on both sides of the ball other than Jayden and Daniels and Terry McLaurin has started to show up. Cliff Kingsbury does not make adjustments in game very well, much less in season. And the reason the Titans are better than they look is because their special teams is so bad week after weeks. So if I lose this and they lose by more than five and a half, I bet it's the special teams that gets me. But I really love Titans plus five and a half.
Speaker 3: Okay, I actually really like that one. This week too, I have a three point win for.
Speaker 2: You could go in with me if you want.
Speaker 3: You know what, it's Thanksgiving. We have to do things as a family here, great family unit here. So let's go together on that one.
Speaker 2: Okay. We were on a roll going together for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we did not do as well last week with the Vikings, But I like it. Okay, So your second pick is going to be Titans plus five and a half. Your first pick is a big old chief swin.
Speaker 3: Also, can I add something to that jeez list? Can we give a little love to Nick Westbrook Akina? The man's had six touchdowns in seven games, so the third most over that span of seven games. No one talks about him. People forget no like do is maybe his parents don't forget about it. But other than that, like we don't talk about him enough.
Speaker 1: So he'll go like two catches seventy yards, one touchdowns.
Speaker 2: It seems unpredictable, but he's.
Speaker 3: Been seven games is more than like a little unpredictable.
Speaker 2: I like that. If you need a fantasy streamer, yeah, next week.
Speaker 3: Because we're going on the same side then or you know, I also think, like you know, for for daily fantasy, if you're playing on Sunday, you can't use any of the four games that happened prior to that. So let's roll with n Wi Nwi.
Speaker 1: I like that all right, my second pick, since Tennessee is your second pick, I'm going Seattle minus two in New York.
Speaker 2: What are the numbers?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: So much about the Jets, Cynthia, because week after week the number and I feel like your computer model has been like this too, says the Jets are better than they are, Like, why are the Seahawks only two point favorites here? The Jets have been on fraud watch for me and Patrick Clayban all year, and I gotta say we might have to retire fraud watch because it's never going to go as well as it did this year with the Jets because they have been fraudulent. They've been terrible, and the Seahawks have been playing better, especially on defense the last few weeks.
Speaker 3: I don't really have any answers anymore. I the same side of you with that, but I'm not gonna put you that one because whatever. But part of the reason, like, look, the Jets, they're good at generating outside pressure. How about that?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a fact.
Speaker 1: Maybe they've been unlucky. They've lost a lot of one score games and so they're not quite it. They're not as bad as the record says they are. They're a three to eight team right now, but they're not good. And I actually think the Seahawks are a different team, correct and the one that we saw before. Thereby, the defense is playing better and better each and every week. They're stopping the run really well, and Bresee Hall is missing practice early this week and it's setting up those long yardage situations and that's where Mike McDonald sends those crazy blitzes. And I can just imagine Aaron Rodgers just making a lot of throwaways, a lot in the dirt and some sacks and it's the Gino Smith revenge game too.
Speaker 3: Love it. You know you know what Black Friday is known for. Deals? Oh you know what kind of deal you can get right now? And if you think that the Seahawks are going to win the NFC West deal deal deals limited time only get plus odds on the Seahawks to win the Divisionoo. Look, the Cardinals do have two like they're they're in there, they're ahead, but they also have a couple things too, easier games than the Seahawks. However, Seahawks defense is improving right about the right time. That's why you get the discount on it. I don't know, could be worth the upside.
Speaker 1: I think there are more talented team. They're a sneaky talented team. The Jets, Yeah, they could have kept Gino all those years ago. The Giants, they could have kept Gino all those years ago. And he's coming in as an unquestioned top ten quarterback while Rogers is getting blasted and probably in those last few games as a Jet.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to try to move this to you here, look.
Speaker 3: At you, like, let's bring out his career already, you know.
Speaker 2: Even as a Jet. Maybe he'll get a job next year.
Speaker 3: But can we talk about the fact that there's one team I think that is Okay, I'm gonna make sure that I have I have the wrong. I think that the Rams are in really good shape this week, okay, on the road in New Orleans. I just really like the Rams.
Speaker 1: Why oh they are what a three and a half point favorite.
Speaker 3: I've seen three that's what?
Speaker 2: Okay, three works? What works?
Speaker 3: Point being number one? They've got too many weapons and let's just make it really simple. The Saints defense, despite being reinvigorating by their toilet clogging interim head coach, they have not been able to tackle anyone. They're not consistent tacklers. Marshaun Lattimore isn't walking through that door. He's up in Washington and he's not even playing for Washington right now. Just throw it away, like Matthew Stafford's not gonna be like, hey, Tyron, Matthew, let's have no one's throwing to him. He's got like the fourth lowest target rate for any safety in the league this year. There's just too many different options. You got Cooper Cup, you got Pooka Nukui, you got Kyron Williams. You got a lot of different things going on in this matchup, and I don't think that the Saints defense has enough horses to handle it. And there's no Chris Alavey on the other side. I just don't think like the equation of mvs. Plus Taysom Hill, who's been good, plus Alvin Kamara is anywhere near as compelling as Matthew Stafford throwing to the guys I already mentioned and also running the football with Kien Williams.
Speaker 2: Plus they've had the bye week.
Speaker 1: Maybe like the excitement over Rizzy ball As kind of died down during that buy they.
Speaker 2: Just go back to them.
Speaker 3: We'll be honest, I kind of hope.
Speaker 2: So they're two wins.
Speaker 1: We're against a Falcons team which is sinking in a game they probably should have lost, in a Browns team which was a good win and it was tied in the fourth quarter. I'm with you, I really like that, and it's minus two and a half where I'm looking here, fantastic, So I don't want to take a better same idea is for me is going to be my third pick. This one hurts me, especially with my dad Tom watching on and my son Walker about to come up here and.
Speaker 2: What make a guess pick?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm taking the Colts minus two and a half as my third pick over the Patriots in Foxborough.
Speaker 2: Little known fact.
Speaker 1: First ever football game I attended in person, and the last one for about twenty years after that until I went to college was Colts Patriots. Doug Flutie had an end around for the Patriots to beat the Colts. I was there. I was there with my dad Tom there. But this Patriots team stinks. They're about as bad as some of those Dick McPherson Rod Rust teams. The difference is they have a great young quarterback and that's it makes me a little anxious about picking against him at home. But I think these two teams are at different places in their season. I think the Colts defense has been trending up since DeForest Buckner came back. Actually, they competed really well against the Lions last week. If you watched that game. I think Anthony Richardson is trending up. I know it didn't show in the stats. I think he's played really well two weeks in a row and some bad luck in last week's game. And I look at this Patriots coaching staff. I do not think they know what they're doing. I think they're poorly coached on both sides of the ball. Tons of penalties, mental errors, and smart coaches are taking advantage of predictive, predictabile defenses that they're running. So I think Shane Steichen in this group is going to put it on them offensively, put up about thirty points, and it's tough to ask Drake May to keep up in that sort of But Drake May.
Speaker 3: Let's give him some love because the man, he's been really good against pressure. He has the highest rookie passer rating again or a completion percentage against pressure.
Speaker 2: Hey, now it makes me a little worried.
Speaker 1: But when I just see two teams at different levels, I see the Colts right in the middle of the NFL. They are sixteenth in DVOA in terms of their defense. That feels about right to me. The Patriots are thirty one, thirty two to thirtieth. They're one of the worst teams in the league, and the numbers would support that. They've had one of the easiest schedules in the league despite being three and nine, and it's about to get harder. I think this Colts team they're not done in terms of the playoff because the Texans have been struggling a little bit. That is my son, Walker's favorite team. And yes, after a month delay, let's bring the kid out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to.
Speaker 1: He wanted a chance. He begged for it. He said, I need to come in and I need to make some picks. All right now, through the magic of editing, this beautiful young boy has appeared here.
Speaker 2: You can look at that camera. Walker, if you're watching on.
Speaker 3: You want to be called a beautiful young boy?
Speaker 1: I mean, he is a beautiful What do you think? Are you hands up? Are you handsome or cute? Which would you you?
Speaker 3: Handsome? And there we go.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: My son Walker nine years old, thirty nine, smartest football mind, holy smokes.
Speaker 3: Or even third grade. You're in fourth grade already.
Speaker 2: And how long have you been a human Texans fan?
Speaker 4: I know, like a year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know if that's fair to just jump.
Speaker 3: Ship, but that's one ninth of his life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Still you still like the Patriots though?
Speaker 1: Kind of right? You like the Rams? Why did the Texans become your favorite team?
Speaker 4: Because I like CJ. Shat in the way he plays?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, guy knows ball.
Speaker 3: He knows ball.
Speaker 1: You wanted to make a pick, and you have a chance actually to go into first place on the show, because if you get this pick right, you would be one to note. Now, the flip side of that is you will be in last place. If you don't get this right, you'll be zero in one and you'll be stuck there forever. So make sure, yes, make sure you make a good pick. What is your pick?
Speaker 3: No stress, You're gonna be fine either way. Goodness gracious.
Speaker 5: For week thirteen, the Texans will be the jaguarse Okay, because well Anderson will past rush Trevor.
Speaker 1: Lawrence at Okay, I like that, you like that matchup. The the Jaguars not as good up front after they traded Cam Robinson. Any concerns though about c J. Stroud lately? He's your fantasy quarterback. You refuse to take him out of your lineup even though he's struggling, and you got.
Speaker 3: At that's what we call.
Speaker 2: Loyalty. I here.
Speaker 4: Uh, he's good, but sometimes he doesn't really throw the ball like he needs to work on his past time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I agree, his timing is a little bit of it.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be, wouldn't it? But I mean, with all those penalties, this is like the second most penalized team in the league. So he's often in like really bad situations. Right, he's throwing like first and twenty. That's thinks. That's no fun. So it's not always his fault. Maybe if his old line or a little better, wouldn't.
Speaker 2: That be helpful?
Speaker 3: Do anything? Do you think they connect? He connects with Nico Collins for a touchdown. Yeah, he'll say, I'm with you on that one big time.
Speaker 2: When did you draft Nico Collins in your draft?
Speaker 4: Third run?
Speaker 1: I mean, and a lot of people do too. A lot of people thought that was too early. How has that worked out?
Speaker 2: Have you been enjoying that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you been enjoying that?
Speaker 4: Well? I wish he wouldn't get hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's back now and he's playing well. There anything more you want to say about this Texans.
Speaker 2: Jaguars really, any match to give our.
Speaker 1: Listeners or any matchup you know, to to help them make their picks, because I think they're going to listen to you Walker totally.
Speaker 4: I think the Jaguars will be really, really bad.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're coming off a bye no more Mac Jones. Initially you were like, I'm picking against them because it's Mac Jones, but it is going to be Trevor Lawrence. It's a division matchup. You think they're going to be bad. You think they'll fire their coach if they if they lose to the Tech.
Speaker 3: You stop making him click bait. I mean maybe not this week, okay, but probably at the end of season. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you think Bill BELLI will you like the Jags if Bill Belichick goes there? Okay? Just making sure I listen. I want to understand where we stand here.
Speaker 2: They're at division rival right, Yeah, can't handle that. It's great to have you on the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Wait do you think your sister's team will win. They played New Orleans. Yeah, yeah, Rams being or good. I'm glad he's on my side of that.
Speaker 2: Cynthia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cynthia was backing them big time. He probably was thinking, you're talking about the Fantasy League. I mean, you can you could say I'm putting stress on him. There's no extra stress that I'm putting on him that he doesn't put on himself.
Speaker 2: If like when they when it's not going.
Speaker 3: Well, like all stressed parents that put on stress, kids.
Speaker 1: Say, if the fantasy game's not going well, what what do you do?
Speaker 2: I be that, Yeah, you just turn the game. You're like, I'm just going to bed.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bed.
Speaker 2: I'm going to my room.
Speaker 1: When the Steelers had an interception, remember, you're just like, I can't watch this anymore it happens.
Speaker 3: I mean I kind of understand.
Speaker 1: I get it, all right, buddy, you got to tell all the kids in your fourth grade class that you were on NFL daily, but only tell him if the Texans win, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, No, he can tell him before because he's so confident because he knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: One of the things I try to do as a parent is remind Walker like, if you are winning at something or doing well at something, than what, Walker, you got to tell people about it, right, You got to celebrate otherwise they might not know that you're winning.
Speaker 2: All right, That is it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have you come whenever I have kids I'm gonna have I'm gonna make sure you come over to teach me the rules of parenting because it seems like you got a good one. You've got two great kids. Maybe I'll maybe I'll ask your wife.
Speaker 1: We are headed to go tape a little game debut, but that is it for NFL Daily this week.
Speaker 2: Thank you Walker for stepping in.
Speaker 1: Walker. We will be back on Sunday night with our recap show as always, great week here on NFL Daily.
Speaker 2: And yes, when
Speaker 1: Walker Rosenthal is back in the building, you know that football is back