Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by All State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Ferry terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: You want to see a news story that I don't love.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's see it.
Speaker 5: Man shot during robbery of eight thousand dollars chain in Manhattan. My thing is like when people like rob people for those chains and public and stuff like that, It's like, how do they know that the chain is worth the I mean, the crimes obviously never worth it, but like, like.
Speaker 4: What if that chain was a fake chain and it was like six hundred bucks? Right?
Speaker 3: In other words, should you be worried about someone robbing? Is that the question? Welcome in to this episode twenty six of What's Right with Nick right in the podcast in YouTube show. But today is somewhat of a special episode. So here's the deal. Usually we record these, you know, in the afternoon evening, and then they come out the following day. However, we are recording this Wednesday late at late morning. It's gonna come out sometime today and it's gonna be an abbreviated episode. Then we're gonna do a full show tomorrow reacting to Game three of the Finals. That's gonna come out sometime in the day on Thursday. So you're gonna get bonus episodes this week and next week because of the final schedule doesn't make a lot of sense. First to our full regular show today, then the game is played and so we're not able to react to it. So we have a short show coming today about a ten minute, quick little teaser show, and then the full show tomorrow. We appreciate you listening, you subscribing, doing all those things before we even get into the show to Monday. I'm told there are things they want to throw up at me, throw on the screen, there are some funny things we're gonna do. We're not even doing what we missed. Am I just supposed to go right to you.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: At some point they're gonna try to throw me off because we're doing this new new vangled show. They think I'm not a broadcast professional, but I'm not gonna be able to deal with them, you know what I mean, like a running back in open space making defenders miss. All right, but what are we talking about today? I know what we're talking about, but just go ahead.
Speaker 5: You switched up on the Warriors after Game two. Mm hm, I don't even think that type of stuff was allowed.
Speaker 3: You know, well, you're supposed to be honest with the audience. You no longer thought the Warriors were gonna win.
Speaker 5: You being a man of your word and all, Well, yeah, I'm a man of my word.
Speaker 3: I thought the Warriors were gonna win. I no longer thought they were gonna win, So I owed the audience honesty.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's a specific argument I can make, but I will continue.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I've got some questions about your character.
Speaker 5: Okay, but the producers has got some questions for you, and they want to know what's gonna happen in game three.
Speaker 3: Okay, just real quick for I get into game three. It's just a little note for you, as you're a fledgling, up and coming broadcaster. If there's an argument you want to make, you should either make it or keep the fact that there's an argument you could make in your head. What is not great is like there's something I could say here, like when you're arguing with your girlfriend, Like, oh, I could say something here, but I'm not going to that's not great. Now what do I? Oh? I say? This is funny they put on the screen. Can you even do that? Nick the charlatan? And then the word integrity? Okay, at least they didn't put a question work after integrity. So here's the deal. I think Boston's gonna win tonight. And I think Jeff Van Gundee talked about this, and I think he's absolutely right. Oh, these are the photoshops. It's the meme of me walking with a girl and you see the more attractive girls so you look the other way. That's honestly not the greatest photoshop job by our tech staff.
Speaker 4: And Boston has always been the girl in the blue for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good to know. Then me, you know, me taking the Celtics off ramp exit. That's great. Okay, this is why you subscribe on YouTube so you can see these shoddily done photo shops on ms paint that these guys have put together. I don't even know what this toy story photoshop is. I want to actually get into these are the things that were gonna surprise me with. I want to get into what I think is gonna happen to Waz thinks these are hilarious. He's dying man.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So here's what I think is gonna happen. I think the Celtics are gonna try to bait Draymond from the very beginning of the game, Jeff Van Gundy said this to Zach Lowe, and I think he's right. He said, the Celtics either have to decide we are going to ignore him entirely, or every time he woolfs at somebody, we're gonna woof back, We're gonna, you know, have Grant maybe start Grant Williams and have Grant Williams try to muck it up with him early. Scott Foster is the ref tonight, which is to me noteworthy because Scott Foster loves the center of attention stuff. We'll throw Draymond out. I think Draymond taunting the refs was a big mistake on his end, and I think the Celtics absolutely can bait him into an early technical. Now folks will say, oh, Draymond knows this, so he's not gonna act that way. First of all, if he doesn't act borderline unhinged, he's not that effective of a play. A huge part of what he does is frustrating the opponent, getting in the other guy's heads, doing slightly illegal to full on illegal screens, grabbing guys, getting guys after the whistle. That is part of what makes him great. As long as the refs let him do it, So that's first of all. Second of all, folks are acting like Draymond has a level of self control that we have not yet seen demonstrated. He absolutely, unequivocally could have been thrown out of Game two. He already had the technical. He then got into it with Jalen Brown. They went to the monitors instilled didn't.
Speaker 4: Technically they didn't.
Speaker 3: But my point is that was just dumb luck by Draymond that they didn't give him a technical there. It wasn't that Draymond ratcheted it down. It wasn't that Draymond all of a sudden started being a better actor. It was that the rest decided we're not throwing out for this. It was on the board. He was gonna get thrown out right there. The way he acted after he was ejected from the Grizzlies game is a guy that he gets himself so hyped up and to such a froth, if you will, that I don't think he can ratchet it down and still be as effective as he needs to be. So that's one of the reasons I like the Celtics tonight. Another reason I like the Celtics tonight is this going into the series. When I picked the Warriors, initially, I said, if it's close late, I don't trust Boston. If it's close late, who is the five on the four for Golden State? We know Steps out there, we know Draymond's out there, But now you're really playing five on four on offense. We know Wiggins is.
Speaker 4: Out there, Cold Clay Clay, which.
Speaker 3: Is not necessarily a good thing right now, and then who's their fifth. I don't think you can have Jordan Poole and Croach crunch time. I don't think you can have Kevon Looney and Draymond out there simultaneously in crunch time. Not against Boston. Wiggins, I already said, Wiggins, Wiggins, Clay, Steph, Draymond, Gary Payton. I don't think you can have Pool out there. And I don't think against Boston you can play the two bigs, because if you play the two bigs, Boston can go small with some signs. So you go Looney and Draymond. Boston can have Grant Williams and Al Horford and play five out Now you'll crush him on the glass. But I don't think you can defend if Boston has five shooters or super shooters out there. I just.
Speaker 5: I think in.
Speaker 3: Order for the Warriors to win, Steph has to be phenomenal. And I also think it's worth noting that game threes. The Warriors in the twenty fifteen finals lost Game three to Lebron and just Lebron, and they fell down two to one. Warriors in the twenty sixteen Finals went up three to one. The only of the first four they lost was Game three. Warriors in the twenty seventeen Finals they won Game three, but Katie was sensational. Where's in the twenty eighteen finals, they won Game three, but Katie had forty three points. Where's in the twenty nineteen Finals lost Game three. So game three, for one reason or another, has been the spot where they haven't had success. It's for them, it's always been the first road game. I don't know if Toronto it was the first road game or not, now that I think of it, but regardless, in fact, I can check that Real Quick was Toronto their first road game that year. This year, it of course is their first road game, and without Kevin Durant they've never won a Game three in the finals. That to me is at least that semi relevant especially because they had had so much success against Toronto. That was not the first road game that was back at home, because against Toronto they didn't have home for it. That's what I thought. I wasn't sure. So I really like the Celtics tonight. I also like for Boston that Boston has tied one to one with Tatum and Brown both averaging twenty points and to me not playing great. Like they've had moments, but they haven't played great. So you were a little despondent after Game two. Let's be honest. You put on a brave face the next day. I was sitting next to you. I saw you were upset. At one point, you did the thing I do, which is after the third quarter when Poole hit that three, you got up, you left the room. I think you took Dexter for a walk and then came back.
Speaker 4: You were upset.
Speaker 3: What is your level of confidence tonight now going into the game.
Speaker 4: It's extremely high, extremely high.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean because I do think that Draymond had a lot to do with the last win, yep, And I just don't think that he has the ability to do that again. And then, like you said, Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown on the averaging twenty points. I just think they've been they've been kind of inconsistent throughout the whole, like playoffs, and I just think there's a moment where they just eventually they kick it on, like it's just too bad to be true that they're consistently playing bad.
Speaker 3: Listen, Marcus Smart's not gonna go one for six again. Al Horford's not gonna go one for four again. Jalen Brown isn't gonna go one for eleven in quarters two, three, and four and so. And I do think there is something to the fact that Tatum, without playing that well, had twenty eight points and only.
Speaker 4: Played three quarters or I guess twenty one after the first.
Speaker 3: He had twenty one after the first half, he had seven and the third, and he had zero in the fourth and bear and didn't play much in the fourth. I just a lot of the big signs to me right now are favoring Boston. I listen, I've told you I don't want you gambling on these games. I also would tell you if there was going to be one game this entire series that I would think to bet, it would be this game. Boston minus three and a half, and you probably don't even have to lay the points with the dope shoe.
Speaker 4: Na hit hit my boy Dani Lo.
Speaker 3: Okay again, I'm not encouraging this behavior. However, if you're gonna gamble on one game, this this Finals, this would be the game. This is the game I have, and this might come back to bite me. I pitched for us to do a quick little mini show today. We didn't even have to do it because we're doing a full show tomorrow in reaction to Game three of the finals. So maybe this is gonna come back to bite me. There's gonna be a clip of me saying, this is the game I'm most confident in. I really like Boston tonight. I like I like the energy from the crowd. I like the fact that that home court in Boston would see I know this. This year, they haven't been great in the at home. In the playoffs, they were two and zero against the Nets, but since then they're three and four at home, which is odd. But I do think that home crowd gives them real energy. I think the Warriors are far less likely to have that monster third quarter when they don't have the crowd brry them exactly right and I think, you know, the first Finals game played in Boston in a dozen years. This to me feels like it could be a flood gates game for Boston where Boston gets out to.
Speaker 4: Another regular playoff game the Finals. Correct.
Speaker 3: And the other question I have is this, and this is something Kerr. In game one, you can say it's game one of the Finals. We're gonna wait and you know, see how far we need to stretch Steph. Game two, it didn't matter because they had a twenty three point lead after the third quarter. How much is Kerr willing to push Steph if the because Steph typically plays the entire first, the entire third, and half of the second half of the fourth, and that's how Steph gets to his thirty six to forty minutes. If the Celtics are up thirty two to twenty three after one, is he still going to let Steph Curry spend the first five six minutes of the second quarter on the bench or is he going to push step when especially you have these big gaps between games. The only game now, the only game there's not the extra day of rest between his games three and four. Game three, the you know is tonight obviously in Game four is Friday, but still there's no travel there. So that's what I'm interested to see. I'm really interested to see. Also, how long of a leash does Clay have? Because quietly, no real.
Speaker 5: That's I don't want to say that's disrespectful, but that's all. It's kind of because, I mean, Draymond's leash is pretty long.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, Ramon Clay was killing them in Game three. I mean, it is absolutely noteworthy that lay Thompson through three quarters played twenty two minutes. First of all, it's noteworthy that he only played twenty two minutes through three quarters. That means he was pacing for around thirty minutes. That's less than you'd expect, your a little shorter. And the reason he only played those twenty two minutes. In those twenty two minutes, Golden State was minus one in the other fourteen minutes of Game three one through three Game two quarters one through three they were plus twenty four. So the Warriors were plus twenty four when Clay sat in the first three quarters of Game two, they were minus one when he was playing. That's noteworthy. I like Boston big tonight. I'm sure you're gonna be very happy that's our mini show. That's all we have for you today. We will be right back here tomorrow afternoon with a full breakdown analysis of what I think will be a big Celtics win. Demons will make some money, I might make some money. We'll do all that. That's tomorrow on What's Right with Nick Craig.