Speaker 1: Welcome into Fantasy pros m LB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Prize Picks. Sign up today for Prize Picks with that promo code leading Off. When you do, it's me Joey p Joe Pizipia. That of course is Scott Bogman, and I could see in the chat Bogs. I guess people consider us fashion icons. People were guessing what shirt we were wearing the leading money basically, was you wearing the red polo today?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's usually my uniform. But we're going We're going Johnny Cash today, all black. So I like that, the man in black, and it's great to have Bogman here. Welsh is out there getting multiple illnesses from the water park for the rest of the afternoon, so I told him, I said, you know, get sure you get some monachos and a margarita and a whole thing of penicillin.
Speaker 2: I think, right, and a bucket just to carry around. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's unavoidable. You know, it's a great cruise.
Speaker 3: A cruise I feel like a little more dangerous, but I probably okay, a.
Speaker 1: Little more legionaires diseasy? Is that a is it a phrase?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just made it up. But we got a lot of baseball to get to today, so Bogs and are going to break everything down from last night look ahead to today's action too. And it's June first, So again another a demarcation in the season another time. Now we are two thirds a third of the wax excuse me, officially through the baseball season. So that is again when you start evaluating your teams and seeing what's working and what's not. It was fun to see lance Ln not working again. I have to say because I was pissed Bogs. I dropped that bomb a couple of weeks ago after defending him in draft season, and then what happened. He put out his best two starts and I was saying some choice words. They might have had some expletives in it.
Speaker 3: And then last night, to your rescue, Joe, I'm yes, he made he made lance Lin look like a goofall like he has most of this season. And you know, I mean in a regular league, you can probably just go ahead and toss him aside. Not that he can't put it back together, but I mean, just by what metric?
Speaker 2: What are we going on? Where's the positive? I don't know where it.
Speaker 1: Is well, speaking of shoe Heel Tani, let's talk about shoe Heel TONI and the not one but two homers he had off Lancelin yesterday, so that's good news for me. They crushed the White Sox twelve to five. That's what you want to see and Otani. This is the time here, folks too, where you know when Otani starts to have these big games. And we're talking about this on the Twitter verse. Yesterday I was in a conversation with our own Ryan Warmly and of course Mike maher my favorite person of the universe, and we were talking about, you know, the Otani wagering on Twitter, and I said, yeah, Mayor made the joke that you know, once it turns February one, Joe makes all these investments in Otani and I do. But this year I was very specific. So you got to watch these games. Now, if he has a run where he hit has like a smoking hot June, you might want to consider cashing out because the risk of him getting Delta the National League. To me, Bogs is just too great of a possibility. And I think you take your money in, whether it be for Cy Young or more importantly MVP, which is already in the negative basically for most sites.
Speaker 2: Okay, like I I understand what, I understand.
Speaker 1: You I missed you. I missed when I say things like that and you go, eh.
Speaker 3: All right, look man, I mean, look, it's gonna take a trade for Otani would be like, what does that even look like? Like they were talking about on MLB Network yesterday, they were talking about how much he's gonna make on his next contract, said six hundred million is probably what he's gonna get. Because if you combine Prout's contract, which is what he does with like I think it was like Verlander's contract or somebody, it was just absurd what he would get. And so if you're gonna have to pay him that much, what do you have to give up to get him? It's like an entire system. So I don't know who's gonna be willing to give up the top five prospects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well.
Speaker 1: He's gonna pay him and number two. They've got the prospects to do it. And they got a prospects. They can choose either Baby or Viento's one of those two third base prospects. They can put Mauricio and bite the bullet with him because I've got Lindor, so really, typically you don't want to do that. Jet Williams is another big prospect. They have a couple pitching prospects there too, the mets of the one built for it, and they have the will to do it, which I think at the end of the day, it takes the ownership's will to do it. I don't. I think the Dodgers are in it too, But the Dodgers, it would have to be Bobby Miller, it would have to be Miguel Vargas, it would have to be like that kind of a package. And I don't know if they're structured the way they want to be to move all those guys, like that's gonna be a very top heavy team. It's gonna be Mookie, it's gonna be Freeman, and it's gonna be Shoeyotani. Because they also got Kershaw. Wondering how much longer he's gonna pitch. I know he's been great this year, but we were all kind of like, oh yeah, maybe kershawill throw another year. He looks like a young but I don't know how much long are you're gonna go at it?
Speaker 3: I think every everyone has had the day dream of what if Otani was on my team? And I think you just did it out loud to a bunch of people. So it's a realistic dream for you if you're a Pirates fan or Diamondbacks fan, or you know, there's nothing out.
Speaker 1: Of I see Beef Curtains is trolling me in the chat such a Mets fan. Tried and true, Tony doesn't want to play for that loser franchise. I don't blame him if he doesn't want to play for that loser franchise. I don't loser franchise. I'm just telling you this loser franchise has the guy with the biggest payroll who has you know, wants to swing it around basically, and I'm telling you right now he doesn't care. Mitch Keller also doesn't care about your feelings. Now. I got the strikeouts, but he didn't get the earned runs number, which was shocking. He's been fantastic, so four runs and six intings, so it wasn't quite stellar as usual for Mitch Keller. But he's got ninety strikeouts now before June first box, can we do you just all drink that in?
Speaker 2: Mitch Keller can anyhow someone that should be traded.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know the Pirates are playing great, but come on, man, like, how long is that gonna last? You know, it's like since O'Neil Cruz went down, they've gotten so much better, which is weird, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, it is weird. Yeah, they lose their best player and all of a sudden they're like a contender. Here's a fun fact, though, there's only one other Pirates pitcher to ever have ninety strikeouts by June first, and it was in twenty thirteen. So if the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks can name that Pirates pitcher.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that's got fun thing, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, don't don't spoil it when the kids guess. Hey, yeah, like when the kids guess around things. Josh Nailer four for five with two run homer, six ribbies and a steel What a knife for Josh Naylor For the Guardians. Anthony Santandero, who we were talking about as a by low a few weeks ago, Well that ship is sailed. He had another homer yesterday and he did he was seen by the way drinking from the dongbong once again. So the dongbong was in full action. That of course is Mike Mayer. Oh no wait, it's Ryan Mike Malcastle drinking from the dongbong. But just terrific. You know, Santanterra's just been brilliant in the month of May. Now we see if he can continue in June. Siria Ruiz has his major league leading twenty eight steals. Bugs. We're June first, and the guy's got twenty eight steals? Tell me, is it nineteen eighty two? Because it was like nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Now I'm the greatest of all time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, Ruiz feels like he's gonna steal one hundred this year. I mean looks like it's gonna be better than eighty, which hasn't happened in a while as well. So I like it. I like the stole and based uff. Of course, you know, my team, the Diamondbacks, is the fastest team in the BIGS. It feels like right now. So you know, Corbyn Carroll, he had the little knee injury earlier in May, but he has been swiping NonStop recently, so yeah, Akunya has been stealing him. I like, I feel like I like baseball more when we see a bunch of swipes, it feels more Ah.
Speaker 1: It feels more intense. The pace has been great, and you want to see the athleticism in the game, because I think it got stripped out of it basically over time. I mean, especially last year. The stone based totals were so low last two years compared to what they were in the past. You go back and watch. I remember during pandemic, MLB Network was showing all those like old games from the eighties, and it seemed like no matter who was on first, there was a possibility drum steel Base.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least dancing over there.
Speaker 1: There was at least something going on, and the picture had to care about it. And you just completely saw that taken out of the game. I'm so glad that it's back now. In all fairness, the answer to the trivia question, Mike Mayer did guess at first, but I'm not going to acknowledge him on the program, so instead we're going to give it to it. No, it's not Dylan Cole, It's not Cole for Dylan Love it is. Indeed, Michael got it right. Michael Impo Burnett was the guy to do it, and that also had seven hundred walks in those.
Speaker 2: That sounds exactly correct.
Speaker 3: I used to draft Burnett every year because of all the strikeouts your pile up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, didn't he throw a I remember at one point he threw it was a no hitter for Miami, wasn't it? It wasn't Miami we threw the no hitter for? Or was it with the Pirates? I remember he threw no hitter and he walked like seven guys in that game, or six guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, that sounds right.
Speaker 3: I just remember Edwin Jackson's eight walk no hitter against It was close to that Rays when he had one hundred and fifty eight pitches or whatever.
Speaker 2: Aj Hinch trash.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about one of guys for your Diamondbacks. Sawmy Henry? How about Tommy twenty five year old lefty. He's got a three seven six ERA, seven strikeouts and seven scoreless frames, so high on both career highs on both. Now he's only got twenty five k's and forty innings, so obviously, you know, I don't know if this is what we're expecting for him, but you know, with the Brandon Fodd experiment kind of going south quickly, what are your thoughts on Tommy Henry sticking around this rotation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like Tommy Henry has proven that he's good enough to stick around. I don't know if he's a fantasy asset though, But I mean the Rockies are.
Speaker 2: Terrible, dude, are still.
Speaker 1: The Rockies?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get out of Colorado, they have a hard time hitting. And that's exactly what happened last night. The pitching is trash. I mean, they're so bad in the the rotation right now. Show that Donaldson Lamet came off the IL as a reliever and they pushed him into a starting role.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's just uh.
Speaker 3: I feel like Tommy Henry had a great start last night, but it was against the Rockies. So if you can get him against weak opponents, great, But I'm not throwing him out there against anybody hot or anybody good.
Speaker 1: I was right. It was in two thousand and one. He was against the San Diego Padres, and AJ.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows how good the Padres were. No one, they were right.
Speaker 1: And here we go. It was nine he walked nine guys struck out seven, walked nine in his no hitter. I remember that line going that's the most improbable, impossible thing.
Speaker 2: I've ever seen. Padre's actually might have been pretty good.
Speaker 1: And I was gonna say they were really good aund that time.
Speaker 2: That was actually, yeah, it was. It was the next twenty years after that until the years right after.
Speaker 1: Was it the ninety nineteen what was really good?
Speaker 3: And yeah, they went to the World Series and got swept by the Yankees, right right?
Speaker 1: That was the Ken Keman Eddy years of the sand Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trevor Hoffman, Trevor how Offman and.
Speaker 1: All those guys there. Louis Varlin had seven Squirrels innings with five k's as well. And James Paxton, well, he's been frustrating. He's like great or terrible. Eight strikeouts for him over five innings last night. It's a classic Paxxton line. I'm sure next week it'll be four innings and five earned runs in the next start. But we'll see what happens. But let's continue on here with the injuries. Carlos Rodona is scheduled to throw a bullpen session Friday, so I guess, I guess at this point it's gonna give you a number ten starts over under. Carlos rodon got under under Still.
Speaker 3: I love Carlos Raddan. He's great talent. But I was a couple of years early. Actually. I think last year I might have just been one year early on the injury worry for Corlins, for done. And this was all stemming back to when the White Sox wouldn't give him a contract, wouldn't give him anything, you know. So I don't know, man, I just I fear for that guy staying on the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I thought he had turned a corner last year. I really did. I thought, you know, it's san Franny looked really good, and I was like, Okay, maybe this guy's just figured it out. And lefties sometimes they take a little longer. Historic We've seen that happen to some talented guys because he was a great college pitcher, you know, he was one of those guys and he felt like, Okay, this guy's gonna get it and get it right away. And he never did a good picture. But I can't stay on the field. I can't say it. Look it's a great picture. Gien. Carlos Stanton hamstring issue is rejoining the Yankees. I had a Friday season opener against the Dodgers in LA so that's gonna be fun. I was watching a thing too that I didn't realize. I caught this in one of the reels. It might even be one of you sent me that gian Carlos Stanton was a punter.
Speaker 2: It might even yeah I sent you that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I didn't realize it was a punter and apparently amazing at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They said he played strong safety.
Speaker 1: He was great.
Speaker 3: He played I think wide or something wide receiver, that's what it is. So he was great there too. But I can't remember who it was. It was some movie star, some editor guy. Yeah, some actor guy who said I thought he's gonna go to the NFL as a punter because he would boom it eighty yards. And I always liked that Joe piece of piaz theory on why gian Carlos Stanton is always hurt.
Speaker 2: It's because he's too fit.
Speaker 3: He's too way too stiff because of it, and he thout.
Speaker 1: I want you to think about this, if you go back in the day and you watch these guys way one hundred.
Speaker 2: Don't remember Bartolo.
Speaker 1: I remember I remember Bartola Gol making thirty five starts every year during two hundred and forty that's all I remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with three different families.
Speaker 1: They go play baseball for six months and then go work at Ace Hardware for the next three months before it was training again. Like you know, like I think it's I think there's something to be said for overtraining. I do, And I think that's why you get so many muscle tears and poles of these guys nowadays, because I think they're they're training them they're training the muscles for the activity instead of training the muscles by doing the activity. I just think that's that's the core problem, and.
Speaker 2: That's what you need to do. Stan.
Speaker 3: You need to go help people find drywall screws on Aisle eight in the off season, working at ad instead of working out.
Speaker 1: Aaron Boone totally looks like he works at Ace Hardware. Like he's definitely a guy regional manager. Move all this stuff. Yeah, he's like, now we've we've moved all the hardware sections. One the light bulbs or in another plays or you go down one eye. My favorite thing is you always go down that one isle at home depot and if that person doesn't work in that aisle, they have no idea where anything. It is, like, look, can I.
Speaker 2: Get a hold on their phone. Hold on what was it called?
Speaker 1: You know where hoses are? I'm in, I'm in, Uh, I'm in light fixtures. I got nothing here. Oh I can tell you about all the light fixtures. I have no idea where nails are. I got nothing. That is the worst. I hate that. By the way. Uh, Anthony Rizzo was out again with the next issue, So keep an eye on mad in those day to day leagues. MRI and Michael Conforto's heel came back clean on Wednesday. That's good news. Jose Alvarado U thirteen pitch live batting practice session, so we'll monitor that. Alec Bohm under what the MRI wednesday on his hamstring. They can ill afford the Phillies to lose another corner Kai because Bohm has been playing some first base for them after Hall went down. Like they really they're in a spot where they better make a deal for another corner ish kind of guy, because.
Speaker 3: It feels like they need to Bryce. Can you just stand on first and catch the ball. We want to ask you to throw it at all. You can underhand it if you need to throw it, it's fine.
Speaker 1: By the way, Mayor said It's one hundred percent true. People tell their cell phones to see.
Speaker 3: Whats Yeah, I mean it's happened every time I've gone home depot, so.
Speaker 1: They do it. Lows any of that stuff. So funny. Also, this is very big news. Justin Steele is going to undergo an MLR and has left forearm Thursday.
Speaker 2: Anytime you hear forearm, and it's usually not great, but.
Speaker 1: Yes, the forearm is always a terrible thing, and I love it. This is David Ross's quote. Manager. We're not sounding any alarms yet. Really really, yeah, we're not. And it's a show.
Speaker 3: We're standing next to the button and ready to hit it, but we're not sounding it yet.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sounding the alarms and everyone's saying AI because every time I bring up any thing or talk about that, all of a sudden weird things happen to the evening. Happened twice now and it's really hilarious. By the way, did you ever catch our did well sharing our AI lasagna making experience.
Speaker 3: Going yes, yeah, yeah, I think you both shared that to me that was because it upsetting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's are playing well though, making some lasagna, hitting some beating the Phillies. According to Joe, here's the other question too, when it comes to Steele, like it feels like that's the end of the Cubs because I feel like, I know Stroman's been it's been very good.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I mean, look, it doesn't help obviously, so but I don't know if it's the absolute end.
Speaker 2: So uh, It'll still stick around for a little bit.
Speaker 3: But you know that teams are gonna start the injuries are gonna start piling up for a bunch of teams pretty soon.
Speaker 1: The best thing we could hope for was steel. It is some sort of weird like sometimes it's not even the forearm. It's like some other thing going on in the nightis or something like that. That's the best case scenario, but Bogs, it just feels like every time we hear these things.
Speaker 2: Every time we hear four arm, you know, you clutch your pearls.
Speaker 1: Not the forearm. Here's a fun one too. Julio Tehran is still around. He pitched six innings in a win yesterday. He only with two guys, So like it, I don't know how sustainable this is, but Julio Tehran is back in baseball and he got a win yesterday against Alec Manoa, So that just tells you where Alec Manoa is these days. Three up and three down. George Kirby struck out seven guys in eight innings against the Yankees. Kybrit Ruiz sticking it to his old team, the World Organization, not one but two dingers. Bookie Betts crushed on the prize picks yesterday. Ye hair of Solo Homers. Beautiful day to be alive. The downs. Josh Hader blew a third save of the year. We already talked about Lance Lin's eight earned runs and four innings gross as he already at six point five to five, and then there's Alec Manoa. Four innings, three hits, two or three walks. He only went four innings. He was fighting to get back into this game. Like, but the manager and the managers like, nah, bra just I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was listening to the game.
Speaker 3: They were talking about how the Blue Jays are kind of putting it on him, Like they were asking about like do you think it's mechanics? He said nope, And they said do you think it's you know anything?
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, nope.
Speaker 3: He said, I think the ball is in Manoa's court is basically what it boiled down to, like, it's just, uh, management is putting it on Minoa. They said they we have done everything we possibly can to help him out, so now they're kind of putting it on him to straighten it out.
Speaker 2: And he went out there and choked again. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think maybe the old change of scenery is gonna happen already. I mean, what else I mean when when management is already throwing you under the bus, Joe, what what I mean?
Speaker 2: What is there left? So love?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. Okay, we'll go to the city of brotherly love. Trade him to Philly and he'll be great there.
Speaker 1: You go, Yeah, to Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: They're so nice in Philly. They're never mad at the players, So that's good.
Speaker 1: I guess the whole point when it comes to a guy like Alec Manoa, because I'm just bringing this up right now because I want to, you know, take a look at what those stats are. But this was a guy that rocketed through the minor leagues, a guy that really has booked outstanding in Major League Baseball the last couple of years. If you look at the you know, minor league track record. I know it wasn't a long one for him necessarily, and I think maybe maybe that's part of it, that he didn't spend a long time, you know, kind of figuring things out. So are they telling us it's a maturity issue, a preparation issue, Like I feel like that day.
Speaker 3: They really don't think it's anything that he's doing physically. They feel like it's between the ears. I mean, that is every signal that you have is management is not buying Manoa. They think it's between the ears and he needs to strain it out himself. Because they've done all the mechanical stuff, they've done all the pitch change stuff. They thought maybe a little bit like They're like, do you think the pitch clock is getting to him? They said, nah, he's gotten through that. We thought that maybe in the middle, but.
Speaker 1: Well, I think a lot of people thought that at first. But it's the walks at the end of the day that are just your doing. I mean, at a certain point you have to trust your stuff and you have to throw strikes, pound the zone and go after it.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 1: Right, enough, Alex Manoa talk, Let's get to some prize picks. It's time to pick our prizes and you could do the same thing. Download the Prize Picks app or go to prize picks dot com. You get one hundred percent to posit a match up to one hundred dollars, but only use that promo code leading off one word leading off, do it. Let's go for me today. Looking at the Prize Picks, I've got Joe Musgrove at five picture strikeouts on the over, Hazel's Wizardo six picture strikeouts on the under, going the under on this one, and Corbyn Carrol eight and a half hit he fantasy points. I'm going over on that, and just like yesterday, I went the over on Mookie Betts and Crush. That give me the guys with the hitter fantasy scores around eight eight and a half, who have power, who have speed, who can get your pin different ways. That's the key to that one box. What do you have here on the Price Picks.
Speaker 3: Taylor Ward hits Framber pretty well, so over one and a half hits runs and RBI is hitting four hundred in his career against Ramberg, so pretty solid there. Schures are over six and a half, k's Chris Sale over six and a half k's fill in Cincinnati have top ten highest K percentages in baseball. So you know, shorter slate today, less to pick from, but give me those strikeouts.
Speaker 1: I love it when the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks break news to us too. We have one here from Tristan Torres. Alec Bohm did and just go on the il with that hamstring. So there you go, left ham.
Speaker 2: String and Noah to play third. That's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Now, you're just dying to get him in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: No, but I mean he said he needs some love. It's the city, you brother, They love, they love everybody.
Speaker 1: When you have players struggling, you know, you have a couple of different ways you could deal with it. And I think whenever you have younger managers, they have less patience with guys or you know, some OF's older and they've just been there, done that a million times. It's kind of it's when you watch, let's say, the struggles of certain guys with Buck Showalter over the years. Like show doesn't panic about anybody, Terry Francona doesn't panic about anybody. Right, those guys don't care. They've been around, they've seen it. You know. I think there just becomes this undue pressure an organization like that, and I always said this about the Blue Jays. This year, I said, you know, the blue Jays are gonna have a lot more expectations on him this year. I want to see how they perform with expectations, because they've been the lovable darling here for a long time. But expectations, it's a whole different kind of pressure, and I don't think so far they've performed well collectively under that pressure. Betting wise today again, you can have it over betting pros dot com slash leading off. It's our little group there. You can follow us on there. I've got Freddy Perol to four and a half k's the over Pablo Lopez four and a half k's. It's a small number. Cleveland does not strike out a lot. I think you can get to five, so we'll go the over on that one, but it is close. Muscrove, I'm already over there five and a half and then Chris Sales six and a half strikeouts for him, so I'm gonna go over on that one too. Against Cincinnati tenor Biby also five and a half k's. I think can go over that, especially against Minnesota who strikes out every two seconds. Bogs, are you looking at the wagering slate? What do you have today?
Speaker 3: Let's go Peven Smith over one and a half total bases. He's hit homers in three of his last nine games so and also leading off for the d Backs most games. So I like that, Zach Davies, we'll sack my d Backs today because they're playing late over four and a half k's that's plus money, and they're playing against Colorado who's terrible on the road, so we like that. We'll go with Taylor Ward is plus one fifty against Franbert because it's the old lefty lefty there Sea bowled over two and a half earned runs is minus one thirty five. But I mean Colorado starts have been terrible and Astros over four and a half total runs is minus one ten today and they have gone over five. They've gone five or more in five of the last six. So those are the bets that I like for today.
Speaker 1: You know, Bogs, everybody says that, you know, Twitter is a wasteland and social media is terrible. You know, I posted it like black books usually out for right football. We're working on the black book ever, all Fantasy Pros bros you included have worked on the book.
Speaker 2: It's my fault because your fault. Too long.
Speaker 1: No, but unfortunately there's been some you know, unforeseen family stuff going on from from my parents and stuff with their health last couple weeks, and I'm just behind on stuff like I always want need it today.
Speaker 3: I know your family, Joe, I need people today.
Speaker 1: Everybody's so nice. Hey, hope everything's okay, don't you know everyone's been very supportive and nice. Not me.
Speaker 2: I'm the need it today. Where's my black book? Where is it? Joe?
Speaker 1: Come on? Elon Musk even tweeted, Hey, bro, it's all gonna be good. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: You got nice twist man. No Twitter is nice. It's not a cult at all.
Speaker 1: You know what else is nice? So rare? So head over to a fantasypros dot com slash collect to sign up today. Again it's free. Free is fun. License digital cars from all thirty Major league teams. You scout, you buy your sel you make your lineups, you compete, you win again. This is just a fun thing. If you I want to find another thing. Maybe your fantasy team suck and everyone's hurt. And you have Alec Bno and Lance Lynn leading your rotation. Here's a fun way to just kind of enjoy baseball again. Fantasypros dot Com slash collect again mlbs so rare. The next era is here, and don't forget when you do sign up there. You can join our league at Fantasypros dot Com slash Leading Off League and compete against other peanuts and cracker jacks as well. For me today, looking at the DFS slate, it's funny. Usually these short slates, sometimes I just pass all together. Usually I'm on the FanDuel side of things too. But on DK today you want to play on DK because the prices are loose, and they never are on DK, but today they are. Chris Sale's just seven point nine, Tan or Biby seven point three, Bablo Lopez seven to six. Oh, what's going on? They got hammered last night and then they decided to just like set all the things. The most expensive guy is fran Bravaldes by far at nine point eight, which he's usable too obviously. Yeah, a lot of guys in the seven and a half range to eight. It's a great grouping. Boston Houston agains short slate so you can control a little bit more. Sometimes you get those short slates. We don't like to pitch, you don't like the matchups. This is one where you've got a lot to like. Justin Turner three to eight, Alex Kiroloffer three to one, Roycelissa two nine, a lot of guys you can help save some money on now to make those hitters count.
Speaker 2: With all those pictures being cheap, everybody's gonna have good hitters.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and what you got to do is also get involved in the home run contest too. Primetime at twenty, razor at nineteen. Still we did not get Welsh on the board with sixteen. Even though he's gotten sixteen, he's not here today so we can get away with this. But we have Joe dec. Eighty nine getting on the board. So that's the first time I've seen that name. Congratulations to Joe. Well, hopefully he'll be at the Joe meeting in the next week. We have one every single there's Joe meeting every week. Is Joe can?
Speaker 2: I can?
Speaker 1: I really? I never know all these years, it's.
Speaker 2: Not I'm just making that up. So that's sad.
Speaker 1: I say it now now I would like you finally after all these years. But nope, still a jerk. I'm gonna go with Raphael Devers today and again. If you want to make a home run call, you go to fantasypros dot com slash chat. It's free to join, but you have to, of course be premium to make a home run call because we're giving away free stuff every month. So June this is a new month. So if you get the most home run calls in June, we're gonna be a free stuff. Mike Mayer's in charge of the free stuff. It's gonna be good. Usually it's like hats or t shirts or or you know, money to our fancy pro shop. Sometimes it's other cool things. But again, go premium today, or drop a comment below on the YouTube channel and go premium potentially if you get chosen as one of our contest winners as well. So Bogg's, you got any home run calls for the people today? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Give me Christian Walker. I'll stick with my Diamondbacks on a short slate against bag. You call me today, all this Corbyn carriny the Diamondbacks, Joe so.
Speaker 1: To do it?
Speaker 3: And also are the Mets playing the Rockies? I bet you'd take you taken way more Mets if they're playing the Rockies today. So uh, it's and Walker crushed one yesterday, so and he's just been he's about to go on a hot streak.
Speaker 2: He's right there.
Speaker 1: Here's one from Jonathan Appleseed. Is Bryce Miller for Kylee Schwarber a good trade? It is if you're getting Bryce Miller.
Speaker 2: So that's I don't know.
Speaker 3: Schwarber hits his hot streak, you know, around this time every year, with the weather warming up and everything. I think it's fair for sure.
Speaker 1: I watched college Schwarber take a couple of at bats the last couple of days, and he just looks terrible, like he said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, I mean it's a thin line between.
Speaker 1: You know, he was my biggest buck.
Speaker 3: That's gonna hear too fifty bombs and Joey Gallo. You know, the batting profile is terrible and he's been bad this year, so it's fair.
Speaker 1: I would say, yeah, that profile players. There's always when I stay away from the Gallows, the Schwarberg. I just I can't get there with those guys. And I understand they've got prolific power, and last year everything broke right for Kylee s Warber, but the repeatability of that was crazy. Oh here's a good one from Cody too. It was like Jordan Walker turning things around a little bit in triple A. So he's available in your league now, would be a good time to slide him on to the waiver wire. By the way, the Waiver Wire video comes out today if you haven't already, go check that out too. Some good names and breakdowns of La Dela Cruz and some other things too, and uh oh oh, Larry wants to know our finals prediction for the NBA because we're full service here. Before we go, we also did a betting pro show with my boy Dan Martinez. He gave some amazing approaches to betting the finals too, so go check that out on Betting Pros on the YouTube. But Boggs, this is just Nuggets in five, nuggets and six, what do you say?
Speaker 3: Let's say nuggets in six. I just you know BAM's gonna have a tough time against So yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Seems like it seems like it. Who wouldn't Who wouldn't? But yeah, so good stuff. Scott Bogman. Always great to have you to catch up with you a little bit, and we'll see if Welsh. I want Welsh to come to tomorrow show, and I want him to have like one of those cartoony you know, ice packs on his head with a thermometer and.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, just cartoon burn around his head.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The water park, it's it's gonna be great. He's right though, He's like, I'll be fine Friday. It's Saturday when it'll hit me and then I'll have antibiotics by Sunday. So tune in tomorrow to see how Welsh feels after the water park. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for Scott Bogman. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Enjoy your Thursday.