Speaker 1: Has the fish gone bad? Let's play ball. Welcome and everybody to Fantasy Bros. This is leading Off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports books. It's me, Joey Pa Joe Piezopia with me. Today is the Welsh, and of course it's you and we're talking baseball a lot to get to the big Mike Trout news that dropped yesterday. Is it a big deal? Is it the biggest deal? Is it not a deal at all? The Mets sweep the Yankees. Max Schurzer gets a huge outing on his birthday, but he doesn't get a w We've also got a lot of injury news and another trade to talk about too. The trade wins are starting to blow, Welsh. So are you ready for the wind?
Speaker 2: I am ready for them. I'm ready to speculate and prognosticate. I'm ready for all of the craziness to go on. I do love the daily Soto change, though, I'm gonna tell you I'm gonna miss that in mid next week. Where yesterday it was the Yankees, today it's the Padres. The day before that it was the Cardinal, Like I kind of am going to miss who he could go to the game of musical chairs. But it will all be taken care of by Tuesday.
Speaker 1: I've seen some of the dumbest scenarios out there. It's like it's it's almost as though people covering baseball were pretending to cover baseball, have no idea how the structure of baseball works. I know, I don't understand. It drives me crazy. It's hilarious, but that's fine. I mean, no, I mean, I've just seen some scenarios that people have been thrown out there who work four places, even places like MLB dot com where I just got I just die just you know, really, really that's the scenario. You would think that is what's gonna get SODO done. You think you think the generational talent is gonna get moved for that, that's the deal. Yeah, sure, whatever. But anyway, Welsh, let's start with the headlines from yesterday, and we have to start with Mike Trout because that's the biggest man. He is diagnosed with a Okay, I'm gonna try to say this right, controvertible dysfunction. Did I say it right? We've always been a dysfunctional podcast. Now we're constravertible.
Speaker 2: We went to completely two different songs there by the way, I just wanted to point out.
Speaker 1: But it was like we were singing it in a round almost. It was really nice, like controvertible function convert. So look, I mean, he's a one doctor says, here you go, Doctor Robert Watkins says, who is a very well known spinal surgeon in the country. This is what he does. Uh, this is a very rare thing. He has to manage it, not just through the season, but also the rest of his career. Probably. Mike Trout says, dysfunctions, fish function, no big deal. I'm all good. Uh, it feels great. I'll be fine. Every day is improving. Look, it's it's always a I'm gonna harken back to the David Wright spinal stenosis diagnosis that happened towards the end of his career. I'm sure you would call that he was never the same player after that, never the same player after that. I think this is time here where Mike Trout's had an amazing run, but I think we have to come to that moment where we realize he might not be that guy anymore.
Speaker 2: I think it's a yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, how you said that? He is not. I have a hard time believing he's going to be able to function as the same player. The problem is is, I do think over the last couple of years we've kind of gotten a preview of what that Mike Trout would look like because he's had constant issues and stuff like that. So that might be where we're heading. I mean, he's been missing games.
Speaker 1: Well, it could be part of what's going on here, is this condition is just yeah, it's causing him to compensate or his body to move in different ways, you know. I mean that's the thing. It's like you can have a back issue and then it ends up becoming another issue somewhere else, or or you know, vice versa. It's it's the body's a funny thing. It's doctor Glen knows you hit over.
Speaker 2: Thirty and we all have had some type of back issue which is pushed into something else. So I was talking about the yesterday and it well, like I think the dynasty value is hurt here, regardless of even if it was quickly reactionary, we actually had talked about it the minute the news came down. We didn't get was how Mike Trout was like, hey, listen, It's really not as big as everybody's making it out to be. Everyone's saying my career is over. It's not. You know, I'm gonna keep going. But I think from a dynasty perspective reaction, you got to bring him down, bring him down from maybe he was sitting into the teens down to the thirties at this point, and maybe further if you really are worried about this. From a redraft perspective, he says, we'll be back this year. I have a hard time believing why the Angels would do it at this point and why they wouldn't just pack it in with him, let him take the rest of the year to recover from this, to come into next year. This team refuses to blow this team up, so they're going to be at this same spot next year. And the third piece Joe that I speculate on, So I wonder long term, I don't see how you can keep trotting Mike Trout out into the outfield every day. Here's the problem they have quite the dh in sho Aotani. I wonder if they speculate, maybe not this year, but if they start to speculate with Otani playing more positional stuff into the near future and he gets that qualification because he's gonna have to give that up a little bit for Trout. You're either gonna take it bats away from one of the two, which I think Trout a little bit is probably gonna have to sit more often than we expect. So I think future projections, I can't go over one twenty on Trout anymore, and I won't for the rest of his career. That's gonna be my projection. But maybe we start seeing Otawni move into other spots. Maybe he plays some left field, maybe he plays some first base. Next year, you're gonna lose, you know, some of the guys that they've got in there. Just speculating on that. Maybe Otani is going to get some other value in the near future. But they're really trying to play it down for us right now. And we'll see. We'll see how real Trout's words are. If he does come back this year, if he gets back on the outfield, then he doesn't miss games.
Speaker 1: I think the Trout contract's going to be, at the end of the day, one that the Angles end up regretting.
Speaker 2: I do, really, I do.
Speaker 1: It sucks to think that, Like I just you know, because I'm just bringing up a spot track right now because I wanted to see just how many years he's got left here.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think he has signed into twenty thirty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's actly, it's twenty thirty, right, and basically he's making thirty five million dollars a year from now till twenty thirty. And I don't think you're gonna get that value out of that player. I just don't.
Speaker 2: I will never There's nothing you guys can tell me. I'll never understand. Because I see a couple people in here talking about the contract. Red Baron had said, I don't understand the ten and fifteen. I've been saying it forever. I don't get this every contract. I think it's a disadvantage to baseball in general to be like, all right, here's our contract offer. It's fifteen years. Here you go, Soto, here's your entire cars.
Speaker 1: Well, they're trying to lock in the superstars before the market goes into a crazy stratosphere, because every five to ten years it does. But the problem is the commitment to the players. I mean, it's it's a sport. Guys get hurt, things happen, and it ends up most of the time becoming a bad thing. Like the deals that have long term deals with opt outs. I think the opt outs are very good for both parties.
Speaker 2: I think it should be five years. You should have nothing. You should have nothing more than five years straight you have no options. But if you have an eight year contract all three years, well.
Speaker 1: The only time a ten year contract. I mean, if you're going to do a ten year contract, you do with a Wander Franco. You do it with a Fernando Tattis, you do with a guy in his early twenties.
Speaker 2: We also do it with Trout. You do it with Trout, a player like Trout. That's the type of player you do. But the problem is nobody can escape how stupid and bad fifteen year contracts are. The only time it's an advantage to teams is when these guys are like Azzi Albi's and Acuna like twenty one twenty two. The players, it's not an advantage because by the back half of their contract they're being paid way lower than they probably would five to six years max. That should be these contracts.
Speaker 1: It's good for.
Speaker 2: Everybody because baseball doesn't have a system to protect some teams and the lower teams are the ones that just decimate their rosters of these huge contracts. Then they're hampered by the financial restrictions of thirty five to forty million dollars baseball.
Speaker 1: The economics of baseball are broken, and they have been broken for many years. They refusal to have a salary cap. It means that you're I mean, look, who are the teams that are trading off. It's the Royals, it's the Tigers. It's the same old teams that are trading off. And yes, the Tigers have runs here and there, and yes the Royals made it to a World Series and one they had a window of time, but nothing sustainable. So unless you have a real hard salary cap, which you're never going to have a Major League Baseball this is what you're gonna have. You're never going to have a competitive balance that lasts ever. It's just not going to happen. So either you have to have owners who are willing to spend and go into these markets and do that, or this is what you have, which is pretty much fifteen teams are feeding the other fifteen teams. And I know that sounds like a crappy thing, but it's true. It's pretty much where.
Speaker 2: The dogs Dodgers don't care about what they do. They lost a picks, they lost a pick so they can go over the cap. They don't care about.
Speaker 1: They don't care.
Speaker 2: And the chats again. I'll tell you this, like I don't care about either side. Like I see, I think it was Wanky's talking about, well, what the player gets injured, then they can cash. I don't want the player. I don't want an injured player to take advantage of it. I don't want Steven Strasburg to be on this contract for as long as he is when he's well.
Speaker 1: This is what happens when all the money in baseball is guaranteed. And this is why in ANFL it's not you know, and this is why baseball players, you know, in in a lot of senses. You know, baseball in terms of path is a better one. All right, let's talk about some other things here going on. Jacob Degram did allow for earned runs to give up a bunch of homers yesterday, but certainly on his way back, it seems like things are going in that right direction. So fingers crossed, I mean, spring training guys usually have that one start where they're not quite there with their location. I imagine this is kind of that start for him. So I'm not freaking out like some other people are. As long as he doesn't feel ill or wrong after the start, it's fine. Matt Olsen slugs his twenty home run for the Bravest. I think Marte had that walk off RBI after Max suerz Or went seven innings first time. Sures has gone seven innings, by the way, since his injury when he's come back, So this is a night, this little demarcation for him. Bobby dallback homer twice, drove in five runs, but it was a loss. We told you get into that Cleveland Boston game last night, so hopefully you did. Hopefully you had Louis Castil yesterday too. That was our favorite DFS pitcher that worked out. Also of the Yankees acquired Andrew Benintendi from the Royals for beck Way, Chandler Champagne and TJ. Sikima. Now Benintendi was rumored to be moving for quite some time. He has moved. He's also said that he is going to now get vaccinated because he's a Yankee and they want him to. So there you have it. Isn't that sort of an interesting piece of news. I thought that was kind of odd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was kind of weird, just like if you want to play.
Speaker 1: For US, well, I mean, I mean, I guess a lot of jobs do that, but I just thought it was kind of like, so it's more than to win games for the Yankees, but not the win games for the Royals. Got it? Got it, Andrew, I see how it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know. All of this is weird. That was weird. The trade was weird. I thought it was pretty low return. Three pitchers. Beck Way is interesting. Probably the best long term starter TJ. Tkhma just been kind of banged up for a couple of years. Was a high pick, might be a back end starter, probably more of a reliever. I just thought they would get a bigger piece for a guy hitting three twenty, but they didn't, and they just got kind of this weird haul. And there's also off of speculation. It's not one hundred percent, but you can theorize that this eliminates the Yankees and takes the Yankees out of the contention of trying to go and get one soda. They got their outfield. I think they were priced out.
Speaker 1: I told you before the Soda and the Yankees wasn't happened. They need a pitcher in the worst way. They be Bo been helping out in the worst way. That's where the Yankees are going. Maybe they'll get another bat and maybe, but it's not gonna be Soda. I just that that's farce.
Speaker 2: Camillo was the big one that they were talking about.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be the guy. And it's funnycause the Royals are coming to play the Yankees this week, which is funny. It's like, Oh, you guys are coming over. Oh what do you want to You want to bring a bottle of wine? Not just bird springing out.
Speaker 2: Just bring Benny. Just bring Benny a little bit that. Yeah, the funny thing with the Castille thing too. Just one random slide note as well. But the Yankees look like they're gonna spend on pitching and they're gonna spin. Yesterday on the show, I speculated to be Pablo Lopez. The report came out that it is Luis Castillo or bust. So watch that funny note about Louis Castillo. We talked about the prop yesterday. I think I had that we both had that. I don't remember but it was. It was five and a half. It then moved to six and a half, went to big plus money, and it's still cash. Castillo was just an absolute money maker yesterday. Regardless.
Speaker 1: If you go and look, the Yankees get cassed, they need Castillo number one, number two. I think he'll I think he will do well there. I think that's energetic guy, and I think he's going to do well there. Pouhos ruined myke Kevin Gossman share though, yesterday because Poulos launched the home run. I thought for sure, hey, let's troll the Cardinals. Right. Nope, it turned out to be a classic baseball moment where you know they line up with nobody else in it all of a sudden, beat the good pitcher, and it happens Gable a Day hit his first major league homer. So congratulations for JJ and Castillo picks up his winning which is probably his last start for the Reds. Some good news, bad news and the injury mix. Good news, Josh Young shoulder injury is gonna be cleared for his rehab assignment. So this this is a guy that can help you. If he's floating out there on the waiver wire, grab him. He's gonna play.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what. Let me give you one further. He is scheduled to d H tonight in the Arizona Complex League, and I will be over there because this guy's going. I will be right there as long as it doesn't rain. It's actually kind of rainy out here, but Josh, it's been raining all lead. But I will be there getting some video and stuff if he does and it doesn't rain.
Speaker 1: So good news on him. Good news on last. Mcclors are through fifty two pitches in the rehab assignment. Why he's throwing that many, I'm not sure, because he's just gonna end up in the bullpen anyway, or traded for all I know. I mean, that'd be fascinating. What colors I think is a fascinating piece for some other team to take on. That is one piece that I think could bring something else. I've been thinking.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I mean to interrupt you. I'm just gonna always do with him well, and I'm I like it to something else, you know, the Soda trades. The rumor again today is hey, Sodo to the Padres. They had the best offer, and you and I have kind of agreed, like if that and I Potters were my number one for a while. Here it's got to be Gore, and then it's also got to be Abrams. But the Gore injury makes it weird. How often are especially pitchers who are on any type of injured list or injured in some capacity, how often are they actually traded? And that's why I'm liking it back to McCulloch, because he's perpetually traded. I just don't recall like a guy that was on an I L or something being in a move around the trade deadline. So I don't know, I mean, obviously, but nobody.
Speaker 1: Takes a guy who's gonna have Tommy John surgery or just coming off. That doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: But would you even be comfortable taking the McCullers even though he's kind of rehabbing, I mean, he's I.
Speaker 1: Would feel more comfortable taking McCullers on the way back because he's also shown you at the big league level he's had some pretty good success, Like there's there's something to work with there, he's got a pedigree. But no, I mean that's not happening. Also, Well's headed to the IL for Baltimore. He had an issue last night so we'll see how long he's going to be out for us a back injury and the Marlins Max Meyer is gonna beat Tommy John surgery, which we could have seen this coming. I mean, just so obvious. It was just it hurt how obvious this was, and very disappointing because we had high expectations and now they have gone up in Smoke Welsh.
Speaker 2: I'm super super bummed about. I just saw this like ten minutes before we started the show, and that one's a bummer because he was a big redraft guy for me. He was one of my top pitchers in all the prospect Land thought the strikeouts we are going to be there. I thought the opportunity was going.
Speaker 1: To be there.
Speaker 2: And now he is not back until twenty twenty four, and that decimates his value in Dynasty on the prospect list. He can return, he can be fun and stuff like that, but it is a far far plummet on Tommy John, especially nearing the back end of the year. It sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's move on to can We talked about this. Six swinging strikes by Aaron Judge ties his career game high last night. All six were max schers or sliders. Which I thought was fascinating. He got him to expand the zone and Aaron Joje had Iron Judge had problems with that. Now I'm wondering, not like the book is out, because that's kind of silly, Judge.
Speaker 2: Oh are you gonna are you gonna say sell on Judge? Is he done?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, no, I'm not. I'm just saying, is you know Max Schurezer basically gave you the blueprint in the playoffs of what to do with Aaron Judge last night. I mean, he just pounded that if you if you have a good slider, you could pound the slider on the outside corner like that. He is gonna expand the zone. He's gonna go fishing for it. And I think it's funny because Max Sure's are such a relentless personality that he was just like, no, screw you, I'm gonna keep doing this because it's gonna work. And I think people sometimes as pitchers, I think they they lose that site. And I think it's the commitment to staying with the game plan against a hitter like Aaron Judge. And look, if you're gonna be MVP moments like last night, can't happen like those are problems because those are the things that stick in everybody's memory. Well, you had this big spot in the big game, and what'd you do? You struck out a bunch of times. That's not good. So, like Aaron Judge had a great season. I'm not saying he hasn't, but I thought this was a very interesting She's at bats. Last night when I got home from football practice with my daughter, I was watching the Judge at Bats specifically, and I was just like, Wow, Sheers is just telling you this is how you do it. Kids. You just be relentless and you're just a bulldog in there, and you just keep pounding the same thing over and over again because until he proves to you he can do it, he can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd also throw out like the one of the things, it's not one hundred percent of One of the things that also makes a slider so great is the offerings that the guy is thinking about and wanting to you know, potentially Sureser's just got such a dominant basketball and just dominant stuff in general that you're wanting to cheat in every way that you possibly can. And you know, fastballs are comfortable with and they feel pressed on other pitches, and that's what also makes it so good. But I agree, I mean, you know, Judge is the type of guy an entire division should consider developing pictures around being able to get a guy just like that out you go, heavy heavy slider type of pictures.
Speaker 1: The Rays get fancy like he's like, okay, well we get Aaron Judge on fastball on sliders. Okay, but let's let's let's fat ball in there. No, don't, don't, like, just just make him do it until he Joji can also fun facts here. We got two of them today. The Astros were swept yesterday for the first time all season. Wow by who. The Athletics the lowly last place joke terrible awful again. Another team is just a complete another joke. The oplan A's I mean, you know, these teams have no chance by the time this season even begins. It's it's crappy, you know. I mean, I know the NFL has that too. I know there's like a handful of teams, but the NFL, it's like a handful of teams. There's plenty of teams out there. They're in that middle where you're like, you know, like the Bengals last year. You know, if the things break right, this team could.
Speaker 2: Go on a run and then you know what the problem is too. This is another baseball issue when we talked about contracts and stuff. It is so much harder in baseball to turn that around, even though you have these big, robust minor league systems. If you do it right. These teams that are bad are perpetually bad. Like look at the Bengals. It just took it took Burrow and Chase to change the entire organization around one or two players. These teams in baseball, it is such a drag when you're a bad team. I mean, the Diamondbacks and Orioles have practically been drafting in the top five or six of the MLB draft for the last three or four years and they're just still doing all the same game.
Speaker 1: So difficult because like you know, you've seen these guys come through, whether it be Dylan Bundy, whether it be you know, they've had all those pitchers for all those years that they didn't develop, and then that set them back, and then some of the position players did not become the players that they thought they were going to be. I mean, Ryan montcas Is a not nice player. We'll see what Adlee Rutchman becomes. But yeah, we shall see. Another fun fact here. I love this one. This is about money players, right, guys who show up on accounts. This is from Sarah Langs, who again one of the best follows on Twitter. Starling Marte now has eleven walk off hits since the start of twenty fourteen. That's two more than anyone else in Major League Baseball. So the game on the line, that's the dude.
Speaker 2: You want clutch, got that clutch gene. I like it clutch.
Speaker 1: And look, Maher brings up a good point here, and I don't want to say nice things about him, but yes, they did have Manny Machado, and what happened? They not keep Manny Machada? Have they kept Manny Machado when he was their player for the next ten years or whatever? It is like the retention of these players is impossible for these teams because of the way it's structured, or because you know, it's funny to me because I feel like these teams make money. They all have their own networks. It feels like nowadays, right, they all have their own you know, giant TV deals. So what is it. Why are these small market teams still small market in that sense because they all have TV deals, they all have revenue sharing, So what is it? They just have that small market mentality like, well, we can't spend because what if? I mean, it's.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous, buddy. It is like, think of these as just thirty different of the biggest businesses out there, and you know, the Yankees and the Dodgers are the amazons and Google's endless spending, endless money coming in. The lowest ones are you know, anywhere from like the small chains to the mom and pops and any money they can get in. They're just doing whatever they can to boost the revenue. It's like, what it's a thing that happens with the phoenix suns out here people get pissed off. Is ownership treats it truly like a business and is looking at the bottom line, like when they're sitting and having meetings about the bottom line and the profit in studying how to make the team good.
Speaker 1: But part of being successful product is putting a good product.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Royal we don't have a good game.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you should sign some players.
Speaker 2: I agree that the Royals will never get the contracts that the Yankees get with like their own one network, and the advertising dollars and the jersey sales and the tickets. It's just it's never going to be there. So these smaller teams just hold on as tight as they can to every little dollar that comes in and penny pinch and it's just it's absurd, the salary caps and all that stuff. There's so many ways to make baseball better, but you know they don't care. They don't care the league players.
Speaker 1: And this day in Major League Baseball history, in nineteen eighty nine, Vince Coleman was caught stealing by Nelson Santlvania. Oh man, I remember Nelson Santelvania of the Montreal Expos, and he breaks a streak of fifty straight consecutive stolen bases for Vince Coleman. Imagine if these streat stolen bases for Vince Coleman, It's pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: That's an awesome They're.
Speaker 1: Also another fun deep dive here on our boy Julio Rodriguez. Like this step eighteen home runs, twenty one stolen bases, twenty one years of age. Let's ask this question. Is Julio Rodriguez right now the most valuable asset in baseball.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's an interesting question because.
Speaker 1: Of his age, because of his skill set. Is he the most valuable potential asset in baseball right now?
Speaker 2: I think that's a I don't know how to answer that, because if you just ask about players, you know, I think the young guys you want to build your team around are Tatifs and Akunya, especially from a fantasy perspective building your team around. Also, you want the best pitchers. You could argue Shane McClanahan, but from an age and production and even war at this point, also marketing. Maybe I don't know. Maybe maybe he is. That's a wild thing I hadn't even really processed. But maybe.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you had a dynasty league starting, would Julio be your one one?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't five right now overall, but he's top five overall. But no, I don't have him quite there. I mean, I think the more I think about it, like Otani is the most valuable now from.
Speaker 1: If you get right, if you're if you're using Otani as both the hitter and the picture, then.
Speaker 2: Yes he is. In real life he is. He's international appeal, a bigger market.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing about an Otani trade, Like you want to talk about backing up a truck. You're getting two players like Otani you're getting. I was like, oh, we really need another good starting pitcher, front end starting pitcher, and the middle of the order bat. And then they're Shohe Otani, who can do both of those things. Completely to me, if I'm the Angels, this is something I consider doing because things are not going in the right direction. I'm telling you, this team is a page one rewrite. Nothing has gone right for them. This trout contract's gotta kill them for the next decade. They're not gonna be able to win. I'm telling you, if I'm the Angels, it is top to bottom. The president, the GM, the all the scouting department gone. I'm getting rid of everybody, and I'm starting fresh, and I'm bringing in the biggest haul I could possibly get because show Heyotani, like you said, is probably the most valuable asset in real baseball, just say.
Speaker 2: And fantasy if you can play him in both spots. I don't think there's a question and any type of dynasty that is I don't mean it's so specific, but if it's a daily and it's a two way. It's hands down show hey Atani, and it's not even it's not even close.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, yesterday was Max Schurz's birthday. He had forty one strikeouts now on his birthday, not in that one game. That's over his career, the most all time for any picture on his birthday. Fun fact and the trivia question, which Hall of Famer did he pass? So? Who was the best birthday boy pitcher before Max Scherz or I'll be it somebody who's been around a long time. It is a Hall of Famer. So if you know the answer, I feel like a strikeout picture, well you know it, drop it in the chat over here fantasy for his MLB if you're watching the show live and I know you are. Here's some stat hero from yesterday. Adam Wainwright eight k's, one earned seven you darvish eleven strikecast boys, he'd been good to earned run seven k's. He's been great in the last couple of games since the break. Jansen Junk, which is definitely my new favorite baseball name. Five innings, no earned, eight k's. That's right, that's the junk. Ready in your face, Welsh take that what would you give me for your for your Janson junk?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what would you get? Well, my junk's not for sale. I like to keep my junk in house.
Speaker 1: It is not Nolan Ryan and is not Justin Verlander.
Speaker 2: Just so, oh, Ryan was my guest. That was my guest.
Speaker 1: Then Marco Gonzalez two earned runs, five k's over seven hitters last night. Rowdy Till has two home runs. He's up to twenty so all the rowdy friends came out last night. Kyle Garlick two for three with one home run. So the funniest tweet about this somebody needs to do a better job of the trivia questions, the trivia or the fun facts on the scoreboard about Kyle Garlick is his name is very close to garlic, which is and not like, really needs to do a little bit better on these little things like.
Speaker 2: Wow, it will be actually more fun if if Rian Garlic did not like garlic in anything, that would be fun fun.
Speaker 1: He's allergic to garlic or he doesn't care for Italian food. There you go. Nolan Jones three for four with a ribby. We had Jose Miranda three for four with a homer. Year he's at a home run. Nolan Gorman two for four with a home run and a stone base lost speculation he is the lynchpin of the Wan Soto trade. I mean, Nolan Gorman shouldn't be the lynchpin of the Wan Soto trade. Uh, that's a failure from the Nationals. Sorry, like Nolan Gorman's fine.
Speaker 2: I actually speculated on our live stream yesterday, Bagman and I I speculated a Castillo trade to the Cardinals with Nolan Gorman involved. That was one that I was playing around with and divisionally. But Gorman being part of.
Speaker 1: A big SP trade, Yeah, that that that seems very possible that there he's gonna be part of an s P trade. But I don't know, and like it just you know, I mean, he's up there and he's playing right now. It's so he's tough to get rid of those guys because you've got to replace him in the lineup you want.
Speaker 2: To now, you know what, You'd be surprised though with that team. I mean, they do have Paul Deung kind of still sitting around and hitting, but they got Mundo Sosa who they really like, and if they put Sosa in at second, it would change nothing as far as them having to move their lineup around if they got rid of Gorman, and that leaves the possibility off de youong ever figures things back out, they could bring him in, or they could go get a cheap mental Infielder're just pointing out, so I actually really think that's what I really think. Nolan Gorman could go and will go. If the Cardinals are aggresive about getting a starting pitcher, which they should be, they have nobody. It is Michaelis and Wainwright and nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, I will tell you this. If the Mets don't get Sodo, which I still think is unlikely, I do think Contreras and Happ will be there with the Mets. Like I think they will have a big deal with the Cubs. They'll bring in a reliever or two. They'll bring another arm for sure, and Contreras will fit in very well with that team. Let me tell you he's he's a very intense like guy, and you know he vocal back on the top step now, he's loving life. He's you know, given high five some exchers are now like you need personalities that fit, you know, on certain teams too, And that's why I think the steal will fit with the Yankees. I think they could use some intensity. I think he's a that nice intensity about him. Stat zero's last night, Chris Archer, he was bad. Six earned runs, six walks. Well, Patrick Corbyn perhaps his swan song for the Nationals. He did not disappoint Welsh two thirds of an inning, six earned runs, no strikeouts, Ladies. Jel Of Harber, let's give it up.
Speaker 2: I think he gave up the double and the very first at bat to Mookie Bets. We had the Mookie Bets total base prop yesterday on Corbyn. I think it it was either the first or second at bat. Corbyn is magnificent, he really is. He is a piece of art in baseball. Fourteen losses on the year, fourteen. I don't think a pitcher has fourteen wins. Well, he loved the league and losses last year, I believe, yeah. I don't think one pitcher's fourteen wins. He gets fourteen losses this year.
Speaker 1: Vertlander has twelve. I think ye. It's it's stunning. It's absolutely stunning, all right. Also, bed last night, Kevin goswin five earned, Quantrill five earned. Here you go the hitters who suck Kyle Lewis over three to three k's Vados saying Byron Bucks and oh four three k's is down to a buck. Sixty nine July, Riley Green, oh four to three ks, Aaron Judge over five with three himself, kirol Off, oh four to three, Arise over five with two, Cedric Mullins over five with two, and Tommy Edmond over five with three. Mike Mayor is getting very close. He is actually in third place right now. Fun enough, here in the home run contest, Ethan is on vacation this week, so we have no home run boards, so it says Mike Mayor is in third place, but without an official board. I mean, I really want to see that. I mean, my hope is he goes to first place on Friday and then he loses it, and then Ethan comes back and he makes the new boards and he's not there anymore.
Speaker 2: You'd have to have quite a couple of days, because first place still is two homers away from second and three above Mayor right now.
Speaker 1: So well, it's time for betting pros. Bet MGM, the King of Sports books, and right now we've got a new offer, still the same promo code leading off, So download bet mgm app or go to bet MGM dot com. It's one thousand dollars risk free bet. That's what you got on thousand dollars risk free, no risk, just win money, just have fun. Use that promo code leading off when you sign up. Tristan McKenzie at five and a half over on FanDuel for the kprop. I like the over on that. He's been very good lately. Zach Wheeler six and a half. I'll take the over against Pittsburgh on that. On today's menace. Total bases one and a half on DK at plus one twenty five Welsh. What do you have today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's actually a kind of a rough day. I think in general, I like to go back to the mookie bets to one and a half total bases over. I do like your McKenzie one. I've got tie on strikeouts four and a half over and bug me, I are going to be doing a stream over on our Twitch dot tv slash in this league doing some bets. I've got some unique crazier ones that are beyond total base and strikeouts today. That's where I would go and if you guys want to check that out. But I like your McKenzie one. Maybe the safest of the day, Mookie and ty on.
Speaker 1: Strikeouts in terms of DFS two DK, you got Zach Wheeler at ten point two over on DraftKings, Chris McKenzie at nine. Nine's a good investment. Otani's always cheap there. I don't know why eight point nine. So I would go with mackenzie and Otani. They've been very good lately, and just save save a little bit of money if you can. If you want, you can go appa with Tyler Anderson in Colorado, which is never great, but I think the Dodgers are gonna beat up on Youurina today on FanDuel Zach Wheeler at ten to seven. That's the way I would go. Tyler Anderson eight point eight as fascinating as a tournament arm tonight because he's so much cheaper than the other guy. So that's why I would look. I'd look to stack the Yankees and the Dodgers, and I would look for a home run from Freddy Freeman and Colorado Againjose, you're in at tonight. Where are you going for your home run? Called?
Speaker 2: I love yours and I was gonna just go with you, but I'm gonna I'm gonna go back to Mookie. I felt like I was close yesterday, and whenever you feel like you're super close, the next day, bombs are gonna go. So I'm gonna go with MOOKI today. But I do love yours, and I almost took Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 1: And it also looks like Darren Ruff is Mike Mayer's selection here, So I guess it's Darren Roff's birthday or is it Mike Maher's birthday? I don't know whose birthday it is. The answer to the trivia question was Randy Johnson. By the way, Randy Johnson was the guy.
Speaker 2: I think somebody the first person who dropped a comment did say, Randy, Uh, look at that is all over?
Speaker 1: Look at that. Good job, buddy, well done. We'll be back again tomorrow with more amazing baseball talk. Who knows, maybe we'll get some more trades. That'd be nice. Now that some of these guys have pitched like Castillo, I imagine it's time to get on the horn. Yankees, look busy. We'll see who else is getting busy, and we'll get busy tomorrow same time, right here, new and on Fantasy Bros. MLB. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next Dome kids,