Speaker 1: Come on, come on, come on.
Speaker 2: In this episode of The heat Check, we talk about the wild roller coaster that is the Ben Simmons and six or saga, we get into the top seventy five players of all time list and the people snubbed.
Speaker 1: We talked about Kyle Lowry.
Speaker 2: And the impact that he's already having in the Miami Heat, and some other news from around the league.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it. I mean, we got to talk about Ben Simmons, right, well, well, well.
Speaker 2: We started out the first season of The heat Check, which is called This Leak.
Speaker 1: We are now the.
Speaker 2: Podcast formerly known as This Leak, kind of like Prince, and that was.
Speaker 1: With a discussion of Ben Simmons.
Speaker 2: We started it with Ben, we ended it with Ben, and then we started this new endeavor with Ben. The more things change, I guess, the more things stay. The goddamn thame Like time's well a flat circle, they say, YadA, Yeah. I mean, don't ask Kyrie what time is because he'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: You know, planets when they're flat, I don't think they Time is the same way.
Speaker 1: But here's a real bold take.
Speaker 2: I've been doing some thinking forget Dennis Rodman forget Meadow World Peace AKAA, run our test, Forget Joe Barry Carroll, Joe Barey, Caros, Ben Simmons.
Speaker 1: Is you know that well? You know that well?
Speaker 2: Ben Simmons is the most polarizing NBA player in NBA history.
Speaker 1: That is a bold assertion.
Speaker 2: And to me, this is only going to get more solidified as time goes on.
Speaker 1: It's only going to get worse.
Speaker 2: Seriously, Like, I don't think that there's a player that has caused more intense debate, a player that has caused more defense for and more rank or towards more chaos over a long period than Ben. He's had loyal defenders willing to go just like to the ends of the earth for Ben Simmons, no matter how bad he played, no matter how dogshit he was, it was like Ben Simmons is a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: If he had a jump shot, It's like, well that's a pretty big if, isn't it? Isn't it?
Speaker 2: He also had extremely loud, annoying characters being.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, what a bum, Ben Simmons. No jumper, Ben off the backboard, two moves, No bag, Ben.
Speaker 1: You're a bum Simmons.
Speaker 2: Like really, annoying characters just literally click baiting their way to ascension off of the demise of Ben, which to me is really what's wrong with media. If you know what I'm saying, Like, it's what we aim to stay away from here at the heat check, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: All the while though, he just keeps on grinding on defense. Dpoy top of the list every year he's an All Star. He refuses to shoot.
Speaker 1: No matter when.
Speaker 2: Even with the game on the line and the season on the line, Ben Simmons will pass. He's that generous of a player, but polarizing all the same.
Speaker 1: So where did this all come from? Like for those who haven't been.
Speaker 2: Following this league and now the heat Check and me, you may not know the full story. So I'm going to just break it down very quickly for you. Saga started or saga started from where he was drafted. Before that, there were scouting reports from twenty sixteen about this Ben's lack of competitiessnes in crucial moments.
Speaker 1: You don't say me more.
Speaker 2: The full breakdown says this Simmons quote, lack of competitiveness in crucial games has raised questions about his character.
Speaker 1: Those who know him best, tell me more. Say he needs things.
Speaker 2: To revolve around him on and off the court, on and off the court.
Speaker 1: Sounds like not a great lover, truthfully.
Speaker 2: And that he's been closed minded to coaching or instruction. Again, if you don't know what you're doing, and then I'm like, hey, babe, why don't you try this?
Speaker 1: And then you're like, fuck you. Listen.
Speaker 2: This is a problem that is a red flick, But seems to me no one could see these red flags. Kendall Jenner included fast forward to October nineteenth when she's with Devin Booker. Now fast forward to October nineteen, twenty nineteen, when Tim Bonteps published Ben Simmons Isn't here for your three point shooting Revolution.
Speaker 1: That was the headline, pretty much.
Speaker 2: Exactly what it sounds like, a massively detailed description about Ben and his defiance around shooting I jump shots of any kind, but like more specifically three pointers, and why Ben did not give a shit about why anyone, including the Sixers organization, thought otherwise. Then April twenty twenty, Jackie McMullen brilliantly broke down Ben Simmons.
Speaker 1: We'll call it a mental hang ups.
Speaker 2: That he struggled through dating back to his childhood, where she described that coach Brown once told Ben that he had to shoot one three a game where he could be faced being benched. And then guess what, Ben shot less threes that year than the previous year. So he wasn't open to that level of coaching. Obviously, Bet Brett Brown was fired after that. The team did, though, try to We'll call it, despite what people would say, despite what Ben would say, truthfully, concoct a roster around a point guard that doesn't shoot, which is very challenging to do. To mitigate all of those spacing issues with Ben and Embiide on the court, right, they signed out Horford when Ben bitched and moaned and whined about Jimmy Butler maybe one of the greatest leaders and competitive spirits in the league. They got rid of Jimmy and they kept Tobias a bitch ass.
Speaker 1: He got the.
Speaker 2: Extension and Buckets went to Miami Jojo Joel. Embiid wanted Jimmy. Ben wanted Tobias. Tobias stay. Jimmy went tells you all you need to know. Ben wanted an offense to the team to throw thro flow through him and not Joel Embiid.
Speaker 1: Friction abound.
Speaker 2: Then, of course, when Daryl Moury got to town, Darryl Moury wasn't having any of that bullshit. He tried to trade Ben right away, Like try to trade him, too sweet, I do not want this bitch running my team. No, I want my guy, James Harden tried to trade him for James. Then all of a sudden, now Ben knows he's not wanted. He's not special. He's not the unique unicorn that everybody wants him to be. He's not the unique unicorn really that he wants to be known as. Right that hit home and hit some We'll call it Ben Simmons mental triggers. Things weren't the same ever since then. And then, of course in last year's playoffs, when Ben tried to pretend, we'll call it he was very concerned about having COVID before Game seven, very concerned when he didn't need to be concerned, you know what I'm saying, Like he was trying to skip Game seven because he had gone three consecutive games without attempting a jump shot in.
Speaker 1: The fourth quarter or any shot of any kind.
Speaker 2: Actually, at every turn, Ben was trying to disengage from basketball. Then he took just one shot in that quarter of the last four games, like I said, And of course that one pass to matist Thibel that got him buried by Doc Rivers got him buried by Unbid where they were they were standing for Ben, and then all of a sudden that dissipated and they were like, I don't know if he's the championship caliber poyguard.
Speaker 1: I don't know for him.
Speaker 2: So then the drama goes into overdrive. He skipped the Olympics. He made it clear that point I'm not playing another fucking game for the Sixers ever. Again, Philly fans went insane, Fuck.
Speaker 1: Ben, hate him? What a bum?
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Predictions came true and the crucialist.
Speaker 2: Of moments, as they would say many dominated trade rumors, was he gonna go to Minnesota, King's Golden State. There were probably ten teams that were in the running for Ben. Daryl Moury was like, no, I don't care what these offers are. I'm fleecing someone for Ben Simmons. His value has never been higher. So Moury was like Cory suggested to the Raptors that they should trade Kyle Lowry, Fred Van fleet og Ananobi and the fourth overall pick, and that was fair. That was a fair trade, and miss Iusiery GM of the Raptors is like, you know, we kind of have a lot of guys like Ben Simmons, a lot of guys who can't shoot or six'. Ten don't know if we need another. ONE a lot of those guys can play defense. Too Then maury offered Up simmons in a package to The nuggets Involving Jamal murray and a bunch of first, rounders leading A denver executive to, say, Hey i'm not really sure if that's insulting more To jamal or to, us to be, honest, like do you think we're fucking? Stupid we all saw what, Happened we were all. There so NOW nba executives are Mocking Daryl moury, openly all, Right so then it gets.
Speaker 1: Worse team tries to package things.
Speaker 2: Up Joel embiid goes and it's, like, hey we're gonna fly out to see.
Speaker 1: You let's figure it.
Speaker 2: Out And ben's, like do not even do not even try to come, Here LIKE i do not want to see your. Face i'm not, playing LIKE i, Said i'm not playing another game in A sixers uniform LIKE i don't know what to tell, you Like i'm. Done so then he was holding out until they started finding him crazy.
Speaker 1: Money one point four million.
Speaker 2: Dollars to date he's been, fined including three hundred and sixty thousand dollars a game so unannounced out of, nowhere no no word in the ether Where ben. Was ben just shows up to the, arena just shows, up just PICKS covid, test slides in and then played on his phone the entire. Time Doc rivers ran a practice and they're, like, Hey, ben can you go off your phone maybe run a drill like this is.
Speaker 1: We're talking about, practice, Practice we talked about.
Speaker 2: Practice so then he gets kicked out of practice and just like, That Ben simmons has again fully completely hijacked all of THE nba universe and The sixer. Season nobody gets asked any questions without being asked About. Ben he's suspended for the first game of the, season and now he's told The, Sixers, Hey i'd love to play basketball for, you But i've got this like back. Injury, yeah my back really hurts.
Speaker 1: My, neck my, back my neck and my.
Speaker 2: Back multiple sources have told The Philly voice That Ben simmons has never had back tightness.
Speaker 1: Before this is a new.
Speaker 2: Currence it's never been mentioned as a problem nor treated by team staffers, ever including in the last week and a, half and, now which is where we. Are there are whispers with probably more truth than the back, injury because nobody wants to, say, Hey i'm fucked up in the, head LIKE i am struggling with things right now, EMOTIONALLY i don't THINK i can play this basketball, thing especially in the fan base that is hostile towards. Me too many sticks, now not enough carrots For Ben.
Speaker 1: Simmons it's a. Shame Uh.
Speaker 2: So sham's reported That Joel mbi directly Asked, ben, hey why do you want to, trade And simmons, responded he's not feeling mentally himself and needs time to get.
Speaker 1: Right that's probably closer to the. Truth they fucked him.
Speaker 2: Up But Daryl morey gives zero fucks about What ben wants or What ben needs or how his brain. Is he is not Trading ben until he gets what he, wants which is a hard and size. Trade And Bet Daryl, moorey in my, opinion he's, like, listen little FUCK i will destroy your career and holds you hostage UNTIL i don't get a superstar for first. Rounders you weak, minded no, skill having, overpaid entitled little, shit play some fucking games SO i can get your ass out Of. Philadelphia and that's the. Subtext What Daryl morey actually said was people should buckle. In it's gonna be a long. Time we can Trade Ben simmons for a difference. Maker we will do. It you Think i'm, Kidding i'm. Not this could take four.
Speaker 1: Years excuse?
Speaker 2: Me what huh did they say say four? Years this is not a day to day. Issue we are in the prime Of joelle's. Career, well that would make Trading ben pretty. Urgent every Day we're going to Expect ben to be back here or we trade them for a difference. Maker difference maker is, relative that is in the eye of the beholder on who is going to make a. Difference then they, Asked, daryl would you rather eliminate what people perceive to be a distraction or would you rather have better playoff.
Speaker 1: Odds darryl then, SAID i.
Speaker 2: Think that was Actually darryl just kind of like hypothesizing to the, universe and he SAID i would take the playoff. Odds whatever we need to do that helps The sixers win the, title we will do. It he is ready to make shit so, awkward and it is our so. Awkward all of this to, say If ben is actually mentally done With, philly which LIKE i get, that like you're not doing your, job but, like, honestly they're not doing their, job so you guys are both at fault, truthfully and the fan base is never gonna like him no matter what he, does let, alone like if he shoots up and, plays he's gonna get booed all night. Long they probably Hate ben more than they hate any other player that's ever been In. Philly if this is truly a mental health, issue WHICH i think it, is Because i've heard he's terrified.
Speaker 1: Of even being near the, team terrified.
Speaker 2: Like in catatonic, state what point does the league step in and Force Daryl morey to take one of these ten trades, right like you have ten, offers they're all pretty, good like they're getting his somebody. Back sacramento has a lot of. Guards we could steal a switch throo, here maybe a first or. Two because if they don't And darryl does Allow Ben simmons to just rot or collect dust in some random storage, unit which is what he's treating him like as like a dining room table you don't have room for in your fucking, apartment Like ben might actually have cause for a, lawsuit like you can't destroy my mental, health keep me, hostage not pay me my fucking, money and let me.
Speaker 1: OUT i don't want to be. Here this is a matter of mental health.
Speaker 2: Status and THE nba then at that point would probably Allow ben to still get paid or they would force a. Buyout he might have cause to sue the league as a member of the.
Speaker 1: Union and.
Speaker 2: Just like what happened To Dell dumps when he Held Anthony davis, hostage my prediction is That ben gets What ben wants And Darryl moury loses.
Speaker 1: His fucking job for thinking that he's smarter than.
Speaker 2: Everybody else and maybe never is AN nba executive.
Speaker 1: Ever, again.
Speaker 2: That is what we call this. League our next, segment THE nba seventy five year anniversary is, here and like, clockwork people are. Mad there are lists that come out when there's a, milestone and at the list, point lists are usually, wrong like because you look at the list of those who are voting on the, players they don't even know Who Tiny archibald is really, like they just put him on the list because they know he's. Important you know What i'm, Saying like everybody's grandpa's fucking pissed at this, list and then all the youngsters are pissed as.
Speaker 1: Well Bill simmons squeeted this.
Speaker 2: Out why didn't THE nba just grandfather in the fifty at fifty? List and then we have the panel vote on twenty five new players for the seventy Five why stagger the rollout of the list for three straight days when fifty guys were never?
Speaker 1: Trading this is all so.
Speaker 2: Bizarre and then you've GOT nba players just sitting around at the sewing circle shit talking about who got left off and who was on that shouldn't have been, on mostly because there were only eleven active players who made the. List Joannice, Carmelo Steph, Curry, Ad Kevin. Durant don't you Think ad benefited from That Lebron James Mickey mouse.
Speaker 1: Ring if he doesn't have a, ring does he make that? List?
Speaker 2: No Kevin, Durant James, Harden lebron of, Course Kawhi, dame, which, hey, Like dame is a great, Player But, DAME i don't. Know Chris paul And Russell, Westbrook Russell, Westbrook Russell. Westbrook let me tell, You twitter melted down as they always.
Speaker 1: Do Remember Genie buss named her.
Speaker 2: Top Five lakers of all time and then she left Off shack that was. Crazy or then last year, later doctor j made a first and second Team ALL nba of all time and Left Lebron james off.
Speaker 1: Controversy so what's FUNNY i think about this list is.
Speaker 2: Really the number of current and former players who came out of the blocks, fast and they just Like twitter, fingers, like this list is.
Speaker 1: Bullshit let's look at a few of.
Speaker 2: Them so former coach and Executive George, carl who is tremendous follow On, twitter came out firing for the Great Alex.
Speaker 1: English, huh he, said.
Speaker 2: Man of class and, dignity best player In Denver nugget's, history leading score of the, eighties not a seventy five top seventy five. Player alex is in my, book of course he. Is George carl, like all, right you like you don't Think Nikola jokics is gonna be the best player In nugget's, history like get out of. Here Richard, jefferson as a lot of people, did came out For Dwight.
Speaker 1: Howard he, Said i'll.
Speaker 2: Not discuss who should be left off the, list BUT i do want to discuss That Dwight howard has been disrespected and he should be.
Speaker 1: ON i Love Richard.
Speaker 2: Jefferson Spencer dinwid he, agreed Noting Dwight howard was. Snubbed Pat beverley went in For Tony, parker, tweeting, No Tony parker a, winner y'all Trippin' and of Course draymond was upset at the list because he wasn't on the. List, Really he, said, Yeah i'll keep building on my resume and expressed optimism he'll be top one hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 1: YEARS i, mean who cares at that?
Speaker 2: POINT i, MEAN i think that the list really matters when you're, playing like when you're young enough to enjoy these, accolades like if.
Speaker 1: You're fifty, five this list doesn't really mean much. Honestly but you know who was by far the. Angriest Clay.
Speaker 2: Thompson, yeah he gets very upset about these, things so upset that he even knows that it's an irrational level of, anger like he. Knows he tweeted out the night and the final twenty five were. Released Maybe i'm just naive in my ability to play, basketball but in my Head i'm top seventy of all. Time steph said that adds fuel To clay's. Fire and Then, clay still not being able to get this whole thing out of his, mind probably was dreaming about it all.
Speaker 1: Night he literally got.
Speaker 2: Up out of, bed rolled out of, bed got On, instagram created a, post little text on, screen just to get his feelings out through the, world and he, said woke up this morning still thinking about this stupid ass.
Speaker 1: List maybe not everybody loves winning as much as.
Speaker 2: Me and you're, like, yeah that's, True like not everybody is maniacally like dedicated to making every single fucking list from every relevant team of. Journalists, yes you're on the, List, Clay, like, truthfully you're on the real. List he's got too, Much, clay he's got too much time on his.
Speaker 1: Hands he's coming, back he's, Rehabbing he's gonna continue talking about this to. Me here are some of the players left off the.
Speaker 2: List there are three guys who have made over Six ALL nba teams and did not make the. List Paul, George tracy, McGrady Dwight. Howard those are egregious. MISSES i, mean like somebody pointed this out On twitter and they, said do you think anyone would really miss any of those milkmen from the nineteen fifties if you replace, them like, Say Dolph shase With Dwight.
Speaker 1: Howard do you think anyone would say a fucking? Peep, No, NO i.
Speaker 2: Don't even know If i'm pronouncing This Dolph shay's name, correctly, truthfully couldn't be couldn't be.
Speaker 1: Positive like sounds like. Dolphin does it sound Like? DOLPH i don't.
Speaker 2: Know and of course there were other misses, Too, Jokic Vince, carter of, Course Dennis, rodman of, Course Gary payton gets so, Disrespected Paul pierce And Tony. Parker who do you think was snubbed off The ALL nba top seventy?
Speaker 1: Five and?
Speaker 2: Why all, Right, brock let's get into some news around the.
Speaker 1: League let's start In.
Speaker 2: MIAMI i have a, question has anyone scoring five points been more impactful to their new team in one game faster Than Kyle?
Speaker 1: LOWRY i mean he's already like they.
Speaker 2: Just bleue Out, milwaukee blue them out by forty two.
Speaker 1: POINTS i Have milwaukee on the money.
Speaker 2: LINE i tell you, what that was a bet dead faster than you could see say dead like it was so.
Speaker 1: Bad the stat lion was. Bizarre lowry was one for, Eight he.
Speaker 2: Had five points six rebounds in twenty four, minutes and yet The heat won by forty. Two LIKE i said against defending champs that everybody thinks is going to be able to be the favorite to go back to the, finals and they just Dogwalked. Brooklyn so, like are The heat the king of The? East if you're, overreacting the answer is. Yes DO i need to remind you that The bucks swept The heat in the first round last. Year this was the Largest heat victory in the last twenty five. Seasons, wow biggest loss ever for The bucks by Under Mike, budenholzer second biggest in his coaching. Career and you may, Say, trista what about that huge loss to The Brooklyn nets at home where they led by fifty at one.
Speaker 1: Point, no they ended up.
Speaker 2: Losing only only by thirty nine in that, game so this was even more. Gross lowry was plus twenty two in the first quarter when The heat went up by twenty three.
Speaker 1: And never look.
Speaker 2: Back so the question is why is a guy who only had five points being so celebrated after the blowout went? Well because even Though miami has an amazing, Culture Kyle lowry is already changing the culture of The heat in a good. Way and it all started by him basically strong arming The raptors into going where the Fuck kyle wanted to go how he wanted to. Go in an interview With The New York, Times lowry noted his departure From toronto was quote unquote. Mutual we all mutually. Agreed he said that it was. Time hard to put into, words it was just time for. ME i knew With miami it was the right, situation right, timing right, place.
Speaker 1: Right people write. Everything and if you think.
Speaker 2: When he says it was mutual and it was all kombay, Ah kyle said, this it. Wasn't sometimes franchises have to do what's best for them, them which means Trade kyle for more assets. Somewhere kyle didn't want to, go, right BUT I kyle was in a position WHERE i had say AND i had a little bit OF i wouldn't say, power BUT i had a little bit Of, listen it's not gonna be a good look if we don't collaborate on this. Together what a, thug what a? Gangster that is what we call a. Threat that is what we Call Kyle lowry being, like.
Speaker 1: We can do this the easy, way or we can do this the hard.
Speaker 2: Way Maybe i'll just tell this new team that you trade me, To i'm never signing with you and they won't do the. Deal or maybe you can wait in the off season trade me To, miami which is WHERE i want to. Go this is What dame did In portland and he, said, Hey i'm gonna get.
Speaker 1: WHAT i, want Or i'm gonna go out And i'm gonna make a, stick put pound my little feet on the.
Speaker 2: FLOOR a good look at the guy who got you At chip In toronto With, kawhi which is the reason that it ended up getting you one gets squeezed out a.
Speaker 1: Legend, Literally drake and him are best. Friends it wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: A good look If trudeau is, like, hey This Kyle lowry thing is fucked up right bad. Bad back To game one of The heat, Season Kyle lowry basically Filated lowry at the, postgame SAYING i love playing With. Kyle back To game one of The heat, Season Tyler, hero, who by the way we talked, about has been not the same Since Jack.
Speaker 1: Carlow he's Been tyler, zero we'll call. Him he had an amazing Game game one and.
Speaker 2: Philated lowry as at the post, game basically saying he was responsible for his. Success he, SAYS i love playing With. Kyle my first two years in the, LEAGUE i didn't have a point.
Speaker 1: Guard that is so.
Speaker 2: Disrespectful that's no knock on my former, Teammates yes it, is but being next to him is amazing for. Me even one of the most cantankerous hard rocks in the, League Jimmy, butler is, LIKE.
Speaker 1: I get to focus on putting the ball in the basket With. KYLE i like. THAT i don't know Why i'm saying like.
Speaker 2: This With, KYLE i think playing the way that he plays it gives everybody the ability to just. Hoop But butler was not done for Lating, kyle his.
Speaker 1: Boy this is what he. Said that's my.
Speaker 4: Guy it's definitely a blessing to share the floor with. Him everybody knows how much LOVE i have for, him but more than anything of them up to my daughter birthday is tomorrow AND i want a really expensive gift one hundred thousand Plus kyle one hundred. Thousand she needs. That, yeah, DAMN i ass one hundred. Thousand, Thanks, Yes, kyle one hundred. Thousand i'm not going.
Speaker 1: Around that is an expensive ass.
Speaker 2: GIFT i, mean let's face, It jimmy does not like sharing the floor with almost. Anyone he Told Karl Anthony, towns you are soft as baby, shit and that was after he left the team with.
Speaker 1: Them he literally was was that a?
Speaker 2: Dog he literally was coming After kat for like. Months so for him to Give Kyle lowry that level of, praise.
Speaker 1: It's.
Speaker 2: Impactful he fucking Loves Kyle. Lowry it's Now Kyle lowry's. Team and this is a guy who scored five. Points this is why how he changes the culture. Overnight and this is why a team like The pelicans and The, sixers this is why teams like The pelicans another, Flub this is why teams like The pelicans and The sixers were willing to mortgage their future For.
Speaker 1: Kyle pretty.
Speaker 2: Simple SO i talked last show About Jason kidd and how he was perfectly primed to mentor Not, luca But Christas porzingis And TikTok came all over.
Speaker 1: Me they were, Like, trista remember you were Burning.
Speaker 2: Jason kidd about his Insane Christmas eve practice when he literally broke players, down causing to leave the league all. Together and he was basically an insane. Person you came after him for. That where is your change of tune coming?
Speaker 1: From to?
Speaker 2: THAT i, say people, change AND i say this mostly BECAUSE i know That Jason kidd did.
Speaker 1: Change that is exactly what he. Did and here is.
Speaker 2: Why according to a new, Article Joe varden said, This Jason kidd has changed his coaching style and there is a very specific reason.
Speaker 1: Why let's rewind When.
Speaker 2: Jason When Jason kidd was hired to coach The Dallas mavericks after we'll call it an insane amount of. Dysfunction it coincided with that New jannis. Biography the launch of the book was hijacked by some unflattering stories About Jason kitt like that insane.
Speaker 1: Practice LIKE i think there were some references to water.
Speaker 2: Parks some of that was, true some of that was not, true fat, shaming it was, Insane it was. Insane and that was at this point When jannis was, just you, know a humble kid From, greece trying to make it in the, leak trying to figure out how to get to The Bradley center running when he had no, money just catching a.
Speaker 1: Ride from some Random bucks.
Speaker 2: Fan So i'm not going to get into how he ran these brutal, practices how he made the team practice On Christmas, eve made him change. Flights BUT i did talk about what all that meant for The MAVs and How kid would have to change his coaching style if he wanted to. Succeed So kid said, THIS i am a different coach.
Speaker 1: From WHEN i was In brooklyn And.
Speaker 2: Milwaukee IF i, WASN'T i would have never gotten this.
Speaker 1: Opportunity that's a pretty blunted. Mission i'd say it is an explt.
Speaker 2: Nation why he changes that, matters he, Said i'm just understanding this is not life or.
Speaker 1: Death everything. Counts i'm understanding.
Speaker 2: That, better But i'm a lot more. Relaxed the butterflies are not as. Big it's about having fun and communicating with the guys about what they really want to.
Speaker 1: Achieve it's almost like there's more than basketball out.
Speaker 2: There it's almost like winning a ring is not nearly as important AS i don't know a player's mental.
Speaker 1: Health don't run guys into the.
Speaker 2: Ground Jason, kidd where did he come by this new found sense Of Zenbrock.
Speaker 1: Frank. VOGEL i, mean that is a. Shocker that is WHAT i did not.
Speaker 2: Expect, truthfully turns out the main reason That Jason kidd took The lakers. Job, remember there was a lot of people who thought That Jason kidd was trying to Push Frank vogel.
Speaker 1: Out he was just there And Frank vogel.
Speaker 2: Was like a, figurehead and Then Jason kidd was gonna snake his way into the front office or into the head coaching. Spot but, no it was to do something he had never done learn on the job as an. Assistant it's almost like that's an important. Thing Steve, nash despite that's a ricochet, Shot i'm. Sorry despite people claiming he'd Torpedo vogel in his two, years he never once did, that and he was rewarded BY i don't, know a championship in the, bubble and Then vogel And kid became. Tight and now that he's In, dallas apparently him And luca are like.
Speaker 1: Besties he said, This me And luca are dating right.
Speaker 2: Now as a joke, obviously but as all, relationships you got to get a lot of ws for it to work.
Speaker 1: Right things are all fun and.
Speaker 2: Games when there is no games that you've played, yet it's all, hope it's all. Aspirations you start losing like you did against The hawks on opening night by twenty, six and that means you might have to do some. Tweaking that means we're gonna have to see keep our eye on things when things aren't going, right because.
Speaker 1: The maps have high.
Speaker 2: Hopes AND i tell you, What luca wants to win as much as. ANYBODY i think it is life and death To. Luca did you See Steph? Curry he put on a show last, night followed up one of his worst shooting performances five for twenty one in an opening night victory over The lakers with one of his. Best scored twenty five points in the first quarter along the way to a forty five point. Night he made his first nine, shots ended up eight for thirteen from three.
Speaker 1: SSH i mean we should have expected that kind of.
Speaker 2: Night like That's, Steph like any Bad steph performance always comes with a Good steph. Performance Even, dre who sees a ton Of, steph said in the, Postgame steph didn't miss a shot today in shoot, around so we knew it was. Coming but he could have missed every shot in the shoot around AND i still would have known it was, coming he. Said so With golden stayed out to a two and oh, start the world is Like. Trista you are an idiot Calling Golden state frauds and saying they would not make the, playoffs saying that they had struggle and issues with their depth and their young guys couldn't do.
Speaker 1: Anything do you see what they're getting from their young?
Speaker 2: Guys and to, THAT i, say you are not watching the. GAME i will not recant my. STATEMENT i am even more firmly committed to this. Stance here's. Why the game against The clippers showed exactly why this year is so tenuous for The. Warriors despite a historic game For steph where the entire team went twenty six for thirty from the, field ten for seventeen from, three with just under five minutes left in the, half they were. Down.
Speaker 1: Warriors you, down, down, down down, Down how is that?
Speaker 2: Possible not only can this team not Defend they cannot find a consistent number.
Speaker 1: TWO i hate to say, it it's. True Jordan, poole who.
Speaker 2: Was supposed to be their, savior was four for, fourteen one for six from three including back to back. Airballs beelichia had, Eight, Otto porter Non factor had, Four Jan Toscano anderson only had. Three wiggins had AN ok night at, seventeen like they have no one else But steph be very very, clear they ended up down. One CANNOT i cannot express how fucked up this. Is you are going to have to See steph BE mvp staff every night for them to be.
Speaker 1: Competitive they had almost no answers from The clippers small ball.
Speaker 2: Lineup most people, don't and it showed that glaring weakness in this. Team they can't defend their benches old and young like too many old, guys too many two young, guys full of league minimum, guys and none of them can really be counted. On Andrew wiggins. Included and that's not even talking About Andrew wiggins in the, playoffs and he is gone, awful which means this is now the, dude do do do Do Steph curry Circus, right it's him and only. Him he's gonna have to Be superman And batman And Iron Man Spider man pretty much every single. Night and if this team wants to get to fifty, wins he's gonna have to have one of his best nights of his career every single.
Speaker 1: Night and we Know Steve kerr doesn't like to Play steph a lot of.
Speaker 2: Minutes he likes to limit him to thirty five to thirty, seven and that Means steph's gonna have.
Speaker 1: To do it faster all the.
Speaker 2: Time all of this to, SAY i think these two games actually prove To Bob myers in the front office they need to make a. Move Steph curry is going to do everything he has and his power to, win and they need to make that move now Before steph gets run into the, ground or Before steph gets, disgruntled or before other players Like draymond who just injured his, wrist Or Andre gudala who just injured himself as.
Speaker 1: Well and then who.
Speaker 2: Knows, right they're one role player injury away from.
Speaker 1: Disaster so who should they trade? For Maybe Ben. Simmons, yes incredible.
Speaker 2: That we start this show and end this show with mister balloon, Hand but here we.
Speaker 1: Are Trade.
Speaker 2: DRAYMOND i know that's his tough. Stretch maybe put them on the. Bench they can't play. Together it's Like Russell westbrook And. LEBRON i don't know what they're gonna do With. DRAYMOND i don't think they can share the floor. Together BUT i tell you, What ben would help this. TEAM i could see trading For Ben simmons kind of like how trading For Paul george was for The. Clippers Like clippers overpaid because the situation called for. It AND i think The warriors are in a similar. Situation they need to get, someone and they need to get.
Speaker 1: Them, now that's all the time that we have for the Heat check.
Speaker 2: Podcast we will be On monday night to recap all the news for the first weekend THE nba. Season please do not forget to give us a follow at At Trista criok and at this Heat check on, TikTok download, subscribe give us a rating On spotify And. Apple THE nba is, back, baby and so Are we see you next.
Speaker 1: Week