Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast, Do Love. Hey it's Delilah. Hello, my friend, and welcome. Today we're going to be talking about letting go, letting go and letting love develop and grow and blossom on its own. We're going to talk about not holding on so tightly, not squeezing the life out of real love. If you struggle with letting things be, if you struggle with holding on a little too tightly, stick around. You are going to love today's edition of Hey It's Delilah. Hi, good evening. You've called the Delilah Show. Who is this Hi?
Speaker 2: My name is Gloria.
Speaker 3: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Hi, Gloria, I can hear you. Welcome. How can I make your night more glorious? Gloria? Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm calling because I want to make a request for my girlfriend. We've been like on and off arguing and just our relationship is kind of going in a direction that I don't want it to know.
Speaker 4: I don't want it to go because we loved just so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, And who is this for?
Speaker 4: This is for Nancy?
Speaker 1: And how long have you been together.
Speaker 2: Oh, we've been together for six months.
Speaker 1: That's not a good sign, honey, if the passion is waning after only six months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we've spoken about it and I see how much he really cares about me and love me, and I don't want it to, you know, go away. I don't want our love Noway.
Speaker 1: So you know that chasing it, clinging to it, holding onto it, trying to to grab it is like trying to grab water, right, Yeah, until that the more you worry, the more you fuss, the more you try to grab hold of love and hang on tight with clinched fist, the quicker this thing is gonna come to an end.
Speaker 2: And that's what I don't want.
Speaker 4: I don't want it to come to an end.
Speaker 1: Then let go. Let go of the need to control it, let go of the need to fix it, let go of the need to squeeze the life out of it. Love is not like a teddy bear or a stuffed animal that you hold on to and squeeze for dear life when you're scared or lonely. It's a living, breathing thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your one hundred percent right.
Speaker 4: And I just want her to know that I really do love her.
Speaker 1: This isn't a matter of I want her to know I really do love her. What you want to know is that she really does love you and the way that you think that she should. That's what you really want.
Speaker 2: Well, she does show me a lot.
Speaker 1: I will play a song for your heart, and I hope that you're able to find peace and joy in this situation. Thank you, I do appreciate it. Hi, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who's this My name is Melissa.
Speaker 3: I have wanted to talk to you since I was like eight years old, and right now I was just inspired to call. And there's somebody at my heart and I don't it's hard, it's complicated.
Speaker 2: I met this guy and.
Speaker 3: We were really great and we live in different states and it's kind of hard. And we went six months and it was really great, and then I told him how I felt, and then it kind of was like he just left and went away, and I'm really like, I'm hurt and I'm sad, and I don't know what to do and I don't know if I should get over it or if I'm being tested.
Speaker 1: I got and.
Speaker 3: So I wanted to have a song for him.
Speaker 1: So is it over? As he closed the door on any future, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He's not really being responsive. He said he needs time, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: No texts, no calls, no I miss you. All right, He's it's over.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: But he did this before and he came back.
Speaker 1: I know. But why would you want to be a yo? Yo?
Speaker 3: You're so right? You know.
Speaker 1: If he's done this before and then came back, he's shown that he is not somebody that you can rely on. The kind of person you want to spend your life with is somebody who will be completely committed to you, who will be there through thick and thin. Who's somebody that you can count on and depend on. He's not that someone.
Speaker 5: You're right.
Speaker 3: I needed to hear that.
Speaker 1: What he is doing to you, in and out, off and on. I'm here, No, I'm not, Yes, I am no, I'm not. I want you. I want you. I don't know if I want you? That is not love?
Speaker 3: And will you play a song just for me for me to heal?
Speaker 1: I will. I will play a song for your sweetheart, Stephen High. This is Delilah.
Speaker 5: What can I do for you? How are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 5: Who are you thinking of Jennifer.
Speaker 1: Who is Jennifer.
Speaker 5: Well, she's a friend that I kind of wanted something more, but you.
Speaker 1: Kind of wanted something more. So you're in love with Jennifer, but you don't think she's in love with you.
Speaker 5: I don't think she is.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Did did she say so much? Did she say I'm not interested? I'm not going there? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Pretty much. What happened was I had a crush on her before I do still, but for a very long time. And I asked her out two times and she turned me down two times. So I waited a while, about nine months or so, and I wanted to ask red again. So I wrote her a three page letter about how I feel about her and things about me, and I gave it to her finally, and she took it, read it and called me, and we talked for hours and hours, and they found out we have a lot in common, a personal he's matched, and it just so much was there and it was just so awesome. And we were talking one day and I said, you know, I'll call you back, said okay, And then when I did, I no, I got no answer. I felt something there, but you know, I guess it wasn't a two way street.
Speaker 1: Well it sounds like it was a two way street, and then she took the exit, the off round. And you don't know why. Maybe it's because you know, somebody else was in the picture before you. Maybe she's scared. Maybe there's stuff going on in her home life that you know prevents her from being available. You don't know. But what you do know is you did a good thing by being honest and vulnerable. So pat yourself on the back and move on down the road to light. If she's the one, she'll catch up.
Speaker 5: I hope.
Speaker 1: So good luck, honey, thank you. Hi, good evening. Who's this Hi?
Speaker 5: This is Rachel.
Speaker 1: Rachel, how are you tonight?
Speaker 3: I'm great? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm wonderful.
Speaker 6: I was wondering if you could play a song for me because well, lately I've been going through My boyfriend broke up with me and he told me if I ever wanted to be with him, I would have to wait. And I was like, oh, I was just really down and the press and crying. Wait for what for us if we could ever be together again.
Speaker 1: Wait for what, like for six months for him to get out of the military, for him to graduate, or just you're supposed to put your life on hold. Well, yes, he figures out who he is exactly.
Speaker 6: He wanted to figure out who he was. And I said, okay, but.
Speaker 1: I really, how old are you? How old to see?
Speaker 6: I'm nineteen, he's twenty two. But I realized I don't even know what I want and I can't wait for someone. Then I can't be sad because I have so much more in life and it's not worth it to cry over someone and be depressed. And I have to get on with my life and be who I am. And like I know a lot of people will go through breakups and it's like they just realize that the only person that can make their lives better is themselves.
Speaker 5: I just have to hold on.
Speaker 6: Things will get better. It wasn't easy, but I just had to open my eyes and realize that there are a lot of things out there that can make my life better. And if it means moving on, you know, I can't wait for him.
Speaker 1: Let me play that song for you and everybody else who needs to reach that point. Thank you so much to live, thank you, good luck. I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekend. Hey it's Delilah. Do you do