Speaker 1: The boys. What's up, you, sexy bastards. This episode of Busts with the Boys is brought to you by Barstool Sports. I wish I was screaming victory Monday, victory Week, victory Tuesday, all the fun stuff that I usually do. But I can't this week because we took an l The boys took an l uh to a good Pittsburgh Steelers team. And I want to say AJ alluded to it and a quote in one of his quotes, but you know, when you're five and zero, feeling good, having fun, some of the stuff that some of the bad stuff, it gets swept up under the rug. Unfortunately, some of that bad stuff caught up to us, and the boys got humbled by the Steelers, a good Steelers football team. All credit to the Steelers. They they came into our house and beat the boys. But the boys will be I the boys are always all right in the In the quote to quote to quote my co host Taylor Luwan, the boys are gonna be a you go in. You gotta be hard on yourself. What everybody what I feel like everybody does. And this is me speaking in my own opinions, me speaking for myself, but I feel like every every profession and every player, like anybody who takes their job serious, is like this. When something goes wrong and you say you quote unquote lose, you put yourself under a microscope and you literally want you literally critique everything that you do because you feel like if you have just stepped a certain way a little different, the play would have turned out differently, would have turned out more positive, which would have led to us probably winning the game. And because everyone always thinks it's their fault when you lose the game, like because you look at yourself so hard, you're like, if I would have made this play, we wouldn't have lost. That's all. I mean. That's a good thing. Because everybody takes their job, you know, very seriously. You get a lot of focused individuals that takes a lot of pride in their craft. So everyone puts the blame on themselves, which is what you want. But you know, you got to own the film. You gotta watch it. You got to encourage the good stuff. You gotta do away with the bad stuff, and you know, get coached up on it and be hard on yourself. But the boys are gonna be all right, We're gonna go to Sincy. I know we're gonna be, you know, ready to get this bad taste out of our mouth. It's gonna be a week full of great attitude and energy, a lot of bait, a lot of bde, a lot of big dick energy, as we like to say. But on the onto the positive. What what can we look for this week look forward to? Well, it's still Spootober, and Spootober has been amazing. This last episode is Spootober episode number four. You guys are gonna love it. But I want to give a special shout out to everybody who bought our merch, who's embraced a spook, because it has been the best year of Spootober thus far. Yes, we've only had two. The boys have been embracing it for three. We finally put it into the world last year, and now we were fully embraced it this year. But our shirts, our Spootober shirts, are sold out, so a big run of applause to you guys, Thank you very much. You can still get the old shirts. You just go to barstool sports dot com, click on the store tab and you go into the brand bust with the boys and you'll find all of our merch there, a solid site, solid setup, but you can stay up to date with us at Busting WTB. Because the tailgates, the watch parties, the giveaways were doing a bunch of giveaways. We're doing a lot of fun stuff on our on our social media handles, so you can follow us and stay up to date there. I've heard the tailgates and watch parties have been phenomenal, so you know, throw a slinging merch everywhere, a lot of giveaways supporting the boys. Thank you guys very much, and keep going to them. We're gonna keep throwing them for you guys. Uh so they will be there. But stay up to date with us and see all that stuff on our social media's on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Busting WTB. We also have a YouTube channel, Busting with the Boys. You can go and watch our episodes there. You can watch our behind the scenes content. I know we're gonna be doing a lot of acl content the Journey back with Taylor coming up in the future, so be on the lookout. You can go subscribe to our YouTube page Busting with the Boys. Now onto the episode episodes October number four. You guys are gonna love it a lot of good middle school stories, our first makeout sessions, Mischief Night, how Rock and Power taught us about Mischief Night the day before Halloween, and a lot of good storytelling. You guys aren't gonna want to miss it. A lot of costumes through when we were kids, costumes we were in high school and college, fun college Halloween party stories. But you're gonna want to check it out. Before we jump into the episode, we have to shout out our partners at Whoop. Shout out Whoop. No free shoutouts, but Whoop has been a very big asset in our lives with the boys, Taylor and Will, with football players everywhere, especially in the NFL. They're partnered with the NFL, They're partnered with the PGA, They're partnered with athletics everywhere. Everybody's wearing the Whoop strap these days. Everybody at Barstool's equipped with the Woop strap. But Woop has been huge, you know, in my kind of career. I've been wearing them now for a few years. But Woop is huge because it is the best fitness tracker in the game. Woop is a fitness tracker that provides personalized insights on sleep performance. How recovered you are and how much stress you're putting on your body daily, whether that's stressed from the office, stress at home, stress at workouts, stress anywhere, normal stressors of life, workout, stress, all of it. WOOP tracks at all, so regardless if you're already in shape or looking to build healthier habits, WOOP helps identify your body's needs and provides actionable insights to help you achieve your goals. This is gonna be huge in Taylor's recovery from the ACL because you're gonna want to monitor sleep, You're gonna want to monitor the stress and mental, the mental you're into, whether you're down and up. You can submit in a journal. They ask you a lot of questions that helps running through an algorithm that's mixed with all your data. It gets through your body throughout the day. What's great with WOOP is that every day when you get up, you get a recovery score based on your HRV, your resting heart rate, and your sleep performance that is then used as an indicator on how to approach your day and training. So me, for example, you want to peak on every Sunday, every game day, so you're able to track throughout the week, how much strain you're putting on your body at practice workouts in the film room, and make sure you're getting enough sleep through the Sleep Coach. There's a sleep coach that lets you know how much sleep you should be getting and let you know when you need to be waking up every morning and be recovered enough to achieve these performance goals I've set for myself. If you're not sure on how much you need to be working out, the Woop app even has a built in feature like the Strain Coach, which actually gives you target exertion goals for workouts that helps you optimize everything physically. For our listeners, Whoop is offering fifteen percent off with the code busting at checkout. Go to woop that's whoop dot com and enter busting at checkout to say fifteen percent sleep better, recover faster, and train smarter with the boys, and optimize your performance with us using Whoop.
Speaker 2: What What's today is? It's October twenty sixth, Yes, it's the Monday, but guess what you know at the end of the week, that's Saturday. Piece And you know in college, you know in college and high school when you got that weekend peace that turns into the Halloween Peace. You know it's gonna be a bit of a deal. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. You're in the last episode of October. We are so excited to have you today, like fucking go hell, oh my, we run strong for four weeks long, four weeks long with Ranstrom.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's been a great fucking month. We turned the entire month into a holiday.
Speaker 2: And I'm fried absolutely fine. Everywhere I everywhere I turn, everywhere, I lurk. I'm seeing something trying to stab me. I'm seeing them unseeables. They don't see what seeable. What's coming to get me? Life's a little scary.
Speaker 3: There hasn't been a good sleep all month.
Speaker 2: It has not.
Speaker 1: It's been stressful. At this point, you're like, it's like it's like burnt out. You're like, you get a little burnt and you're like, holy fuck, I gotta watch another one tonight.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing about Halloween. When you go thirty one days, Yeah, you're a little burnt out at the end. There's that classic banger, like the flight, Like Fourth of July, it's your favorite holiday. Fourth of July. You start watching the fireworks Yeah, it's a little long winded, but that ending, that finale, baby, that's what you wait there for.
Speaker 1: You just sit there?
Speaker 2: Are you just sit there? Only a five days left is spootober goh bless. And on this episode, the boy and I are gonna take you down a little fucking world when we're gonna go down our little time machine when we're just little pupplets, and we're gonna talk about a little fuck a little time when we when we first experienced the Halloween. So let's just let's get started and well then we'll go up, and then we'll just go up until we're older, and it'd be fucking amazing.
Speaker 3: They'll talk about Halloween, trigger tree, Halloween, dude. The experiences. How is yours? How is your Halloween experiences?
Speaker 1: Growing up?
Speaker 2: Well, I look at old photos of myself. I was also a lion or a bank, like a cute little lion, a cute asshole lion.
Speaker 1: The painting with the whiskers, a little hey, little brown nose, that cute little uh main.
Speaker 2: Main going around my head. I appreciate. Yeah, I was about to hit that little I was gonna go there, I was. I was about to hit a fucking brick wall, brick wall for that fur that goes around the head. Had that little deal that was like two or three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I was like a pumpkin. And my brother was like a crayon.
Speaker 2: I say, hey, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know those dude, Bill?
Speaker 2: And then they didn't They didn't really take Halloween serious, did that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Billy, Yeah, yeah, Billy, to take Halloween too serious? My mom did you know what? You know how it is low little, low income, so you got to make your costumes sometimes. One year, I want to be the ultimate warrior. So she made me a goddamn ultimate war She made me a little uh belt, like a championship belt. I wore underwear, I guess, and I painted in my face and I went bobbing for apples at that Halloween park did not and for apples. I was sweating.
Speaker 2: Just I'm so excited that Halloween's right there, dude. I know when you were when you were talking, I put my like this, and I, oh, I thought I thought there was a witch right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, the boys did a great job.
Speaker 1: The boys.
Speaker 2: They stayed strong all month. I mean, I've kind of coiled this little deal up a little bit. But we made it. We've done it, dude, And this is where you your tier ones, your tier twos, give yourself a fucking pat in the back.
Speaker 1: Man, even tier three. You're part of the bus. You're part of it. They are. They don't want to, They don't want to you rank them, and then you see a little you see them arguing, you know, you see them going back and forth a little bit on social media. But we you know, you got to let them know that we love all of them. Yeah, anybody that's a part of this journey with this, dude. We appreciate them, even the haters. Even you need them, you need the hat you need them. They keep you feeled.
Speaker 2: But also there's nothing better when someone hates on you a little bit and then they come full and then all of a sudden they are Tier one.
Speaker 1: You know who? What is it? What's the old uh rick? Ross them say if you if you have aters, you don't have any haters, ain't popping or something like that. It's something like.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what that might have been a verbatim that was so smooth what you said that might have been?
Speaker 3: You know, you're doing something right when you got people who kind of want you to fail.
Speaker 1: Then no question.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, no a, no one ever made history falling the rules. Oh good that Marilyn Monroe. But it ain't about It's about that spoopump and here we are.
Speaker 3: What else did you dress up as?
Speaker 1: I heard the lion?
Speaker 2: I know I was a lion. I hit that when I was like four and five. That's when for me, I was like really starting to understand Halloween. I think four and five, I was like, all right, this candy out there. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, parents walking me from door to door. Yeah, got that pillowcase piece. But when you're in four and five, you're not rocking the pillow cases yet. You're you're walking the jacka lander the little jacky landeer with the black strip that's gonna break once you get too much candy in there. But you got that because you're staying there. That's your little deal, you know what I'm saying. And then you get smart, you get savvy around eight or nine, and you fucking get that pillowcase on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then pillowcases are firm, they're strong, and they're good hiding places under the bed. Then pumpkins are.
Speaker 3: Hard to hide and you get a lot more volume in the pillow case, a.
Speaker 2: Lot more volume. But when I was like four or five, I was always rocking. Uh, I think, you know what, shame on, young Taylor, because I was really I kind of went two years in a row being this two years in a row being that I didn't There was not a lot of imagination the boy apparently, but really, yeah, which, you know what, I think, I'm a pretty imaginative guy now, but I guess when I was four or five, I was just a fucking follower of it.
Speaker 1: Didn't know. You didn't really know, you know what I mean. You walk up to your first house and somebody hit you, you say trick or treat and somebody says trick and you're like fuck.
Speaker 2: And you're and you're head and your four year old Hedre's like listen, asshole, just give me the cand.
Speaker 1: What this trick? I want the candy? Oh? Hey, I know, but I kind of I kind of went Dracula voice. It was like a young Dracula, I want that can.
Speaker 2: I want the can. Dude, Dude, So four and five. I know I's been so long winded, but uh, the boy was a Power Rangers, a Red Power Ranger. Power Ranger was tight.
Speaker 1: Back then, dude, back then, which was your favorite power I was to you, what now, if I had to pick the Black Power Anger? Just a fan of the Black Power Anger, is that the color that just the all black kind of looks a little more tough.
Speaker 2: It was black with the white strips, just like just like Pokemon, just like all that ship like the o G. Yeah, Power Rangers were for me once it started getting all over the place type, even though the Black Power kind of came in a little late. I'm I like the ogs.
Speaker 3: The Black Power Anger was an o G.
Speaker 1: I don't think he was.
Speaker 2: I think it was yellow, blue.
Speaker 1: Red, No, because that because the Black Power Anger was tough as fuck on the video game Get to the Little Spinny the little Spinny move was that?
Speaker 3: Like, that's all I got. But I want to say the Black Power Enger was.
Speaker 1: He was? He was part of the Ogs. Dude.
Speaker 3: I was a big Tommy fan.
Speaker 1: I was big where he was Green Goes to White the first movie. When the first Power Anger movie came out then, huh yeah, I was dialed in on the I was a big Tommy guy.
Speaker 2: I need you know if black was an original power red red black, blue, yellow, pink, and.
Speaker 1: So right, Tommy was kind of somebody that came into the.
Speaker 2: Crew latorre yeah ship the red Powder when they'll just it's more fun time, Yeah, and they all get their fucking dinosaurs, like, yeah, it's like the worst dude.
Speaker 1: That I reaped that Oh the o G I think it was this. My mom got me the dude. That was pretty much it. And I was so pissed off because I wanted the green one. They didn't have the green one. But I'm just fucking pouting there like a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's not all the four and five year olds listening to our podcast right now, but if there are, and if you if you were four and five at one time, which is everybody in the entire world, you'll know this having some sort of mask on during Halloween. It's a good idea at the time, but it's always debilitating, always like you're you're forty five minutes into that thing and you're like just breathing, You're like about to pass out. You're in that fucking song.
Speaker 3: You feel all the sweat all of your cheeks and stuff, like for.
Speaker 2: Like I got, I got, I gotta be the Red Power Rage Yeah, but I gotta be powered. But I kind of like being Taylor right now, just with a red suit on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they get older and you start doing it going to party city, grabbing the wolf masks and all like the big ones that kind of cover your face, and it's like they're all over the place. Yeah, that's a good idea at the time. And then you're, you know, thirty minutes into the deal, You're got to fucking take this thing off. But dude, the outfit doesn't go with it at the end of the mask.
Speaker 1: And then another great thing about being young and Halloween are those Halloween parties at school man friends. You have cars, you have them a little you'd have a little Halloween party and you you would you'd wear your you'd wear your jersey or something and just be like a dead player, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just paint a white face on your dead player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you just put webs over you and you just be considered a dead baseball. You would go a white face. That's pretty I mean, like a ghost, like you're a dead player, you know what I'm saying, dead baseball?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I see what you're saying. I get what you're saying, because the ghost tell you what. Man, I'll tell you what. I'll have a little boat. I always tell I'm a little older in the in this Halloween because I'm gonna do my best to stand of timeline. Yeah, but weeh, I gotta talk about someone I'm old. Remind me to talk about something I will, I'll remember that it is. No.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna remind mind me of yeah, before it's over.
Speaker 1: He said, Oh, you know what it is, don't you like?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying, I'll say that it happened last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't wait for the story.
Speaker 2: All right? Perfect? So four and five?
Speaker 3: Why are we still on four and five? What do you I'm just talking about?
Speaker 1: Are use like? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But just hit me with four and five and six We'll.
Speaker 3: Talk about when I'm old enough to kind of like you. We're kind of in the dress.
Speaker 2: One to ten. Hit me with your staple, with your staple deals.
Speaker 1: What does it take to be the best? A question that is often asked every day, all the time by anybody trying to be great. What are some of the most legendary NFL players have in common. To be on top number one, you have to be strong. You have to be ahead of the game and forward thinking. You need some self awareness. You have to work harder than anyone else. You gotta be a wolf dude, and you have to come through when everyone else is giving in. It takes grit and you can't be afraid to get your hands dirty. Just like top tier athletes, Chevy Silverado is in a league of its own. They're strong, advanced, and dependable. Shout out Chevy Silverado. No free shout outs, but this truck is the strongest, most advanced Silverado ever and it gives you the capability to perform at your upper limit. Silverado is just like the boys. It's just like the wolf Pack. Strong, advanced, dependable, and hard working. Chevy Silverado is dependable like the people who drive them. You guys, this truck is badass boys and girls, not only because of what it can do, but because of how it looks too. You're gonna be on the road, you're gonna pull up, you're gonna be in a stoplight, and when you're in a Chevy Silverado, you know you've got the biggest swing in piece on the road. Whether it. Sometimes you gotta fake it till you make it too, but it turns heads and people know. Ay. This design is big, bold and commanding, and it gets everyone's attention. A partner with grit and determination. It suitably fits the Boys and the wolf Pack because anything is possible, and Silverado is a partner that is there for you during times of tailgating, hauling that new big screen TV when you want to watch the boys on the couch, hauling around your couch to watch the game of the Boys, tailgating equipment to watch the boys, all of it, towing from boats, RVs, trailers, etc. The Chevy Siverado can do it all off roading moving day. Maybe you want to help out your friend or family member moving into a new house. Maybe you don't, but you'll lend them the Chevy Silverado on road trips. Any of it. You need to go to the dealership. You need to walk straight up to whoever's in charge. Hey, who's the head man in charge? You need to look around with some swag and some confidence and you see, Hey, the boys sent me and you need to sit you. You need to park your ass and one of them new Chevy Silverado's you need to test drive it around and you need to tell them, hey, how much is it? And you need to take it off the lot and let them know that the boys sent you. Go to a dealership near you and get that new Chevy Silverado and have the biggest swinging piece on the road. I want to say the staple move like, because you would have Halloween party at school and then you want something a little different when you're going trigger treat.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you were two fer.
Speaker 1: I would try to be.
Speaker 2: I was a cycle guy. Yeah, you same stuff over and over and had that money. Can you will?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was like I was like a high maintenance little kid.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I always wanted a lot and my mom would just God bless her heart, you know the boy. We were poor, so it would be we have to paint this, we have to kind of make homemade stuff. And I would kind of just sit there like, fuck, I just want a costume from Walmart that all the cool kids are getting and I got to wear fucking homemade shit that you're cutting out construction paper. You got to pay my face, and I just got to sit there like a little pissed off little kid.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'll tell you what, man, I've been there. Yeah, I've been there, and you just.
Speaker 1: Don't know you know what I mean. You're like, why why can't I get this stuff?
Speaker 2: Dude? What can we just go out by? It matters right right? Talking about when I was like after the four or five pace, I was u I was going in order, baby.
Speaker 1: I think it's incredible how you can how you were calling being sworn when I was literally I.
Speaker 2: Told you four or five is like when Halloween hit it for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can see myself walking in my block right now.
Speaker 1: Dude, like running your block too, with the.
Speaker 2: Boys going around the circle hitting it.
Speaker 3: Five boys and five years old.
Speaker 1: Rolling fucking deep at Crazy's house. Stop you call, you call your budd's house. Hey, I'm gonna let you come on here. We go to my house first.
Speaker 2: Keen Kellen Corkum is my best friend at the time. Dude, we had a fucking squad that rolled deep.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I told you guys, a couple of episodes about Crazy who had the who in the warehouse? So my my parents, no joke. Seven years old at this point and no one does this anymore. It's twenty twenty. People get snatched up everywhere, right, Yeah, you know it's like, okay, had your kids, had your wile and I just rip everybody out here that kind of shit.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Well, when I was like seven, we had that ship. When I'm like going down in the nineties, baby, I was like ninety eight. Yeah, So my parents would go to my parents would go to Crazy's house where like that was like home base. That was pretty much home base for every all the families, and then the kids would would venture off into the Great Abyss. It was like dark out. The lights for some reason never worked on Halloween, at least in this boy's mind right here. Yeah, them lights never worked, and my boys and I would roll deep. So a couple of years after a couple of years after the boy was uh was I was a vampire for two years.
Speaker 3: Vampire was an easy out, Like.
Speaker 2: I was two years in a row the vampire. And then get this, this is probably the most embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Lips painted really red and Ship got the little fangs going on, said there was slick bag. You spray paint your hair black. You looking kind of stupid, like if you.
Speaker 2: Wanted it bad too, you'd get the little red caps and you put on your teeth and you bite down and then the blood would.
Speaker 1: Come and you just turn your friend like like waffles. No question.
Speaker 2: So fucking I was.
Speaker 1: I was that.
Speaker 2: I was that, but my most embarrassing one. And my mom actually shout out Kelly Riley on this one because she smacked this costume. Titanic came out ever, and I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to hear what what do you mean?
Speaker 1: When did she so?
Speaker 2: Titanic came out? Was my favorite movie. I saw it four times in theaters, came out on vhs. Them devil sided pieces. You know what I'm saying to them, was like a book. It's like the Bible, you know what I'm saying. I went to Blockbuster got the Bible, which was the Titanic for me, obsessed with the movie, decided to myself, I don't want to be Jack Dawson. I don't want to be the captain. All I wanted to be was a crew member. Get Titanic. I'll find a picture of this too.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: When you're a kid man, you just the weirdest ship dude, like, you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to be the captain. I remember my mom literally asking me, I'm pretty sure I was seven or eight when this movie came out, and she's like, you don't want to be the captain, Like, nah, I just want to be the guy.
Speaker 1: In the Crow's nest.
Speaker 2: Mom, you want to And looking back, I'm like, oh, you want to be the guy that fucked everybody up by not paying attention. And so my mom went to the store. Dude went to Goodwill, snagged me like a suit, like a blue suit, and like put on like makeshift put on like like little things you would get if you worked on a ship, and maybe one of those in and out burger hats or whatever. Wide it out the inurg I was killing it, bro, I was absolutely crushing it. And I was I was, uh a little name tense s S S S Titanic. That's great though, and the boys slay the boys were rolling deep that did.
Speaker 1: I tell you what?
Speaker 3: When you walk up and then you all go to a house and you come back.
Speaker 1: You hey, how many pieces of candy did you get?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 1: Get a little tight if somebody got an extra piece of candy or they grab the king size or.
Speaker 2: Or there's that there was you know, there's the houses that like if you live on a in a school, like not a school. If you live in like a neighborhood, like an actual neighborhood with house suburban neighborhood, which is where I lived in that like short little time, there'd be the houses that took like embrace the spook, right, that would have everything. And then then the parents would be ouside handed out candy on their way to craze his house. Yeah, and then there'd be them other ship stick houses that don't take don't embrace the spoof, and they put the bowl of candy out there with the tag, with some fucking asshole tag that says please take one. Oh you know what I'm saying, Yes, you would never take one. Right, And shout out to all the kids out there that are listening when their parents little listen to this podcast, because we do curseal or.
Speaker 1: I assume there's probably a lot of like parents that are listening that they can probably take tips, yeah, because they probably have little young bucks.
Speaker 2: Parents put out a thing that says, take as many as you want, because they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna you know what I'm saying, They want to. They want to so bad, they want to look at you innocently like tigger tree. Yeah, they just want to be able to grab a handful, like how much can they like the claw?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they sift through. Yeah, I don't want I don't want that whistles, I don't want.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They like mumbling themselves like you just look what a weird I.
Speaker 1: Know, but I think of like I think the parents that don't want to do anything probabeen. I think of a big daddy. Remember when they pull up for Tricker Tree It's.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, he keeps knock. He's like, we got a kid out here, trigger tree Man.
Speaker 1: It's Halloween and a guy like way from the go way. Then he goes around back and goes inside like hits him in the shoulder and that gets up and he comes and gives him like a bag of like yeah, the whole box of checks here. He's like, wait at the watch. He wants to watch the watch. He's like, hey, triggers your treat. He's like happy, happy Yellowen. I tell the kid, happy yelloween.
Speaker 2: Take a wolfsk wolf Yeah, dude, dude. So yeah, I was SSS Titanic. That was like my that was my ship. That was like probably the most staple in my head as a child.
Speaker 3: Costume, I believe it. What was what was yours some.
Speaker 2: Sort of wolf?
Speaker 1: Uh? No, no, no, it was I remember when I was young and scared wolves.
Speaker 3: Remember I was scared of wall We've.
Speaker 2: Been peeling back layer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was scared of the wolves back in my day because I got pranked, got scared, and then also the goosebumps to were wolf always spooked me. So I was never really a wolf, yeah, Staples, though I was something. I felt like I was something different every year. But there was always like a the foundation of throwing together a costume was always being a dead athlete whatever whatever sport I was playing at that really yeah, my mom would always talk me into it's by the cheapest route. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but it was fun though, Dude, I fucking I'm all about Halloween. And then okay, we won't get ahead, we won't get ahead.
Speaker 2: Jump a little bit ahead.
Speaker 1: Let's get to We've talked about it before in middle school when you start learning when you're when you're watching the shows. And then I got introduced to the rocket power in Mischief Night and you're all in on TPE and houses like we had a mini van, all the boys we jump in the mini van. Dude and my mom again, shut up, my mom. She's big races the spook. But now that I'm thinking about it, she would drive to t houses, Yeah, she would.
Speaker 3: She would be the getaway car we drive.
Speaker 1: She'd take us in the minivan and we'd drive and we'd go TP our friend's house and everything else.
Speaker 3: But one time, one Halloween, she set her ass up.
Speaker 1: She told her friends that we were gonna come get their house and to be ready to scare the shit out of us.
Speaker 2: Nice move.
Speaker 3: And so we're in the middle tep in the house and they.
Speaker 1: Just rip a four wheeler out, a four wheeler out, take a chainsaw, noise, and we're like, oh my god, everybody wrong, dude, And she set her ass up. But dude, mischief Night was a huge staple in middle school. She'd be like, you'd go and you'd be in Walmart and you know, you have a corny little joke that you thought you had an original joke. You'd check out at the cash register be like, oh, you know how it was much Tommy's hurting. We got a lot of wipe in the do later stack, all the toilet paper, big, Oh what do you got going on?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: We got we got people going number two a lot.
Speaker 1: Did your boys like you don't know what the buck we're talking about. Yeah, no, cluss dude, check out, throw in the back dude, and just go rip toilet paper everywhere. And then you'd go when your friend, when your parents weren't with you. That's when people would kind of start egging, taking as far as egging. Yeah, and you'd agg some houses and stuff. I know, some bad ship, dude, But you'd have friends like friends would be on alert, dude, because you never want to be the guy that got got Yeah, because you'd have a crew like say, we would all be a crew, but low KEI some of some of us want to get somebody else, Like we might want to get Taylor's house. So Taylor would sit out at night on nights that nothing was happening. I bet the boys are out TP and so you'd set up wait a buddy. Sean, he would set up a he would set up by a tree with a BB gun so anybody.
Speaker 3: Would come to his house. He just starts shooting people.
Speaker 1: Damn. Yeah, he got dude. Hey, I'm telling you, man, Missouri, bro, we get down on some ship and I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: What sounds like Sean might be in jail now. Huh No, I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know what he's I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Sean, he listened to this podcast hopefully, you bet your ass. Yeah, he's sitting there in prison with his boys. My boy will cop and got that podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey did you hear him? I shot that one hour in the yard. Yeah, the radio or whatever, paintball gun anything.
Speaker 2: Just I have had to be ready killer from shooting with a paintball gun and Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Still a dent right here. It's like you can feel it.
Speaker 1: Oh, so that's that's what's well, there's a few other things.
Speaker 2: I got this feel this little bit the problem there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you got a dent in ahead? What is that?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: That's what's going on.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what lost all my time stables after that one.
Speaker 1: What about you a miss shift night? Were you a mischief night guy? Were you kind of like a delinquent?
Speaker 2: I know you were definitely, guess is my baby.
Speaker 1: You were probably a fucker that would do like you probably egg people and put syrup on cars and probably throw a flower on top.
Speaker 3: I never did that. I just knew that people did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've done that I'll tell you what I used to do. So and that fucked up, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maple syrup, cold night, fucking DUTs dust flour on it afterwards, like come on man, Yeah, that was yeah.
Speaker 3: I believe for sure I took.
Speaker 2: Actually, there was a point in my life about three four years five six years were Mischief Night was more important to me than Halloween. Yeah and so and so going up in Arizona for those of you listening, didn't rain a lot there, especially not to not a big not a big raining month. But if it would ever rain, I think it happened one or two times when I was when I was a kid, the night before Halloween. Rich people only have grass in Arizona, and now there was people got turf again, smarter because that water bill gets a little ridiculous their heads. I was living, everybody had rocks like that was your yard was rocks. Well, if it rained, we'd go and buy like fifteen twenty packages of fruit by the foot or the uh the yeah, for roll ups fruit roll ups from by the foot, that type of stuff, and you lay it out over people's yards when it was about to rain, and then it would rain down it would die all of their loss like Blue and Gellow, I thought of that.
Speaker 1: I know, That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, like because it's still warm enough for to kind of like Foo's in there, but I mean hall like it was really like that's when the weather was breaking.
Speaker 1: Like literally October thirty first is like it's finally starting to doing different parts of the country. Man, kids are gonna get theirs. I'm thinking out there, they're thinking, but if we send the rain thing, it's like perfect time to be teeping somebody because toilet paper, you know how it gets. It's like they're out there cleaning up that they're out there cleaning up things. They're like fucked.
Speaker 2: I'm taking my kids out for sure, to go egg and and uh teepee house.
Speaker 1: For you probably let them egg. I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: I probably won't take.
Speaker 1: You know your own ass, but I'll tell them about it and be I'm gonna give win Rebel and her sister a couple of notes, you know what I'm saying, A little buck.
Speaker 2: Hey, keep this away from your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, here's the here's the over PLATEA thing we used to do. Before we move on. I want to leave a raving review for Cuts Clothing because they are now a staple in my weekly rotation of tops that the boy wears, that the boys wear. Honestly, no more than basic. I've realized I've been settling for basic teas literally my entire life, because I'm always having to move on because shirts will eave the shrink on me. You'll get too much bacon net going on, where it's wrinkled up around the collar, the color fades. I'll get a parachute fit sometimes because you know, the boy's a bigger boy, so sometimes it might fit good in the shoulders, but I'll be a little too wide in the mid section, the stretching everything, just to name a few complaints. But no matter how long I've been settling for basic teas, it's been long enough, and thank god Cuts Clothing has came into my life. No free shot outs, of course, and they have completely changed the game because their T shirt has enough quality and style to wear in the office, on a date, anywhere in between. So now you don't have to choose between a classic look and a modern feel. The fit, the fabric function. It is the only shirt worth wearing because it's athletic Taylor looking fit is perfect for any situation. The tops are pre shrunk, wrinkle free, and retain shape over time. And I've been washing. I've been washing the shit out of these boys, and they are the same shirt before, pre and post laundry. You're able to choose your collar, whether it's kru V neck or Henley. You're able to choose your cut, whether you want an elongated tea, a split him, or that classic curve him. They have a great mix of long sleeve, short sleeve collars, cuts, and colors that again will have you ready for any situation. That's why Cuts is the only shirt worth wearing. Loved by your favorite athletes, entrepreneurs, everybody at Barsel, even your favorite podcast hosts like the Boys, everyone is wearing Cuts. Get fifteen percent off your first order by going to cuts clothing dot com slash busting. That's Cuts clothing dot com slash busting for fifteen percent off. Start thinking about Christmas, start thinking about these gifts now boys, and get out in front of it. That is Cuts clothing dot Com slash busting from fifteen percent off the only shirt worth wearing from the Boys to you, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, there was the classic like you would I would sand one side the road. You would stand on the one side of the road and then a car would come up and then you insible rope.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then what we would also do is take wire and put it like from tree to tree and then have it so it's super straight so you couldn't really see it, and then cars would drive by it and it would like, you know, your key a car, It would key the entire top of the car. Holy, So it would like literally make this giant like shaving a piece of like a huge strip of paint off cars. So we would do we would do that, change.
Speaker 1: The rocks window. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you what. There's this kid I went to school with. He he definitely listens to this. He moved to New York. His name is Anthony Romano called the Maggot Kids.
Speaker 3: Hey, don't do what fucking uncle Taylor's telling you.
Speaker 2: Hey, we were fucking bad kids. But Maggot dude, that was my boy, and we would get into some shit when we were eleven and twelve years old. We would do the wire thing. Yeah, it got kind of hairy out there, dude. There was a couple of things. I remember some guy chased me down for like three blocks. See in his car, ropping curbs and shit like that. Just chase down an eleven year old Jesus, I'll tell you what, Arizona. He is dangerous out there.
Speaker 1: And when you get to that age, too, it's kind of like Halloween's not as cool anymore. So you're more into the mischief night and on a Halloween instead of like doing the trigger treating, you want to have like all these masses and shit to scare kids, right, Like you want to go set up at somebody's house. Oh, We're going to be the spookiest house and scare all these kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, dude. Fuck. I mean before we get away from like, uh, middle school, I got a little bit of embarrassing tale to tell.
Speaker 1: What how old were you?
Speaker 2: I was twelve years old. The kid's name is matt Rio.
Speaker 1: Perfect right age, We're in the right age, all right.
Speaker 2: So I'm twelve years old and with my boy matt Rio, and like you all went twelve hits, you kind of starting to realize like, oh, there's movement down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, we've had the story. Stories have been told, tales have been told on here about the first time. Yeah, And so like you're really starting to feel you're starting to.
Speaker 2: Notice girls a little bit. So I'm twelve years old matt Rio. Matt Rio is a thick with like four c's boy, Like, he's a fat, little chubby kid. Yeah you know what I'm saying. We go take the fruit roll ups out there, and I'd be putting them on the rocks and he'd be sneaking a few in them in the cheeks of his Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's that's the age.
Speaker 1: Two and twelve where you're kind of your defense mechanism is like, yeah, my parents told me I was big boned.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Like, hey, you ever hide food from your kid parents too? What the fuck are you talking about? So matt Rio was definitely that kid. So me and matt Ree were out there, I'm probably in my mind I'm in that SS Titanic workman, but I definitely wasn't. It was like, you're too old for you're too cool for school. I was like a skateboarder or some shit like that.
Speaker 1: For Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're walking around, these two girls pop up next to us. They start talking to us for a little bit, and they got a little couple of little cannons on there. I mean back, you know, thirteen years old, pocketble mosquito bites. But it was I think knew, I like I saw. I was like, oh, there's something going on.
Speaker 1: Then that's the age where you're looking at at at fruit kind of like, oh, look at them cans.
Speaker 2: You're looking at a fruit like I take the thing for a ride. I think that peace CANDLEO. So, uh, these girls start talking to us and I'm like, damn, this.
Speaker 1: What's the deal.
Speaker 2: And uh, they're like flirting and I'm like and they're like kind of just a little I tell you what. Two guns of girls on Halloween. These are are thirteen just a little sluttie cats. I was like, all these cats are trying to put out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and these these cats trying to put out here you hold hands, you go on around at the movies first day? Oh shit, Oh you ain't proved.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. So these girls start talking to us, and one of them like whispers in the other girl's ear and they look over us and they're like, do you want us to flash you guys? And my buddy matt Rio he's like yeah, I get so uncomfortable, like so scared. I'm like no, it's so you don't have to for the right move and they walk and they're like, oh okay. I was like, rude, we'll see you guys later there out of there, dude, biggest regret in my life. I think I've told that story on this podcast before.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't think i've heard anything like.
Speaker 2: I tell you. Probably my biggest regret of my entire life. In my mind, I'm like, man, a couple of pairs have never seen you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I had a I had a what did you say? Say?
Speaker 3: Wouldn't me?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: Matt was like we walked away and it was quiet for the next three or four houses, you know what I'm saying. And at that age, you kind of get the look from parents like you guys a little old to be trick or treating on.
Speaker 1: Here, aren't you? You know what I'm saying, What is it?
Speaker 2: They just put the fucking amenjoy in the bag, all right?
Speaker 1: Taylor's dressed up as the S S. Titanic, his buddy match the Glacier.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you for real? With quiet for a little bit and uh Me and Matt Reo played and the silver Hawks together. It was a travel baseball team, and I remember going to practice about a week later, not a week later, like a couple of days later, and it was like all the kids like new he told all the kids, and I was like, hey, never.
Speaker 3: Turned down to Paris. It's tough when you get labeled.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 1: I got broke up with all time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got broke up within seventh grade because I was turned down pairs all the time.
Speaker 1: Who was walking up to me to show me pairs?
Speaker 2: Like? I got pulled like that taking my dms though, I got dudes all.
Speaker 1: Up in the ship. Dude, that's funny. A side note, I was telling.
Speaker 2: Ship, I'm sorry I was. I didn't know mine was done. Did you guys hear me? Take a breath?
Speaker 1: You were about to go into another one? Hey, you know I get.
Speaker 3: I'll say I got broke up with in seventh grade.
Speaker 1: How old are you in seventh grade? What is that?
Speaker 2: Age?
Speaker 1: Thirteen thirteen? So about twelve.
Speaker 3: I got broken up with it because I was too prude.
Speaker 1: I was old. This girl wanted me to make out with her and stuff, and I like, I shelled up, dude, I folded. Really. I gave her a peck on the cheek and peck on the list. Wait wait, she tried to make out with you and you weren't about it? Yeah, I got I I got shelled up. Dude?
Speaker 2: How aggressive are those makeouts when you're young, when you do when you first meet out with a girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're fucking you're talking. You gotta taken yeah.
Speaker 3: And you gotta take breaks to like wipe your face off.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're legit, that's fucking real.
Speaker 1: I just like the mic on. But yeah, they've broken up with prude. You hate being labeled prude, man, It's tough.
Speaker 2: The thing is is like you don't though like I have. God, my kids are labeled prude, right right right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're hoping that as a parent.
Speaker 1: But when you're when you're getting that street credit and you're trying to build that street credit, especially in middle school a boy, and it's getting passed around, whispers are going around like, hey, Will's prude?
Speaker 2: Yeah you're like, fuck man, we'll have the chance to make out with the chick. You just kiss from the chick? What a bitch?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah yeah, damn well all that ship you talk, you.
Speaker 3: Full it up?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey man, it was it was hot.
Speaker 1: It was hot outside, sitting there with my Hollister shirt on or something. Oh Sam, fuck Sam.
Speaker 2: Not in middle school. Definitely not in middle school.
Speaker 1: I was a stupid that little what do you call it, the shell necklace, pooka shell the shirt on just necky.
Speaker 2: Was a bit of a field dude. Oh I was, uh, but no, in middle school, I looked like all I loved the Halloween costume every day. Yeah, I wasn't that all black piece. Got them You're goth?
Speaker 1: Huh? I was.
Speaker 2: I was more punk than goth because I was like, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's not see in your world. That's you know, because you don't know, right because I never moved that way. It was kind of like, oh, hey, they're god.
Speaker 2: I used to see the job like I used to roll with the kids that were kind of like they played sports, but they fucking hate because the parents made them.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That was me rolling the dicky shorts. Fucking my asshole was. I've told this joke a thousand times in this podcast, but if you might if I wasn't wearing underwear, my asshoil be exposed. That's how low my shorts were.
Speaker 1: Ha ha.
Speaker 2: And but I have like the underwear that like the smiley faces on it, Like I would have like different graphic underwear because I knew like people were gonna see it right myself that much. Yeah, and I would think to myself, Man, I got two pairs of the smiling face underwear. But I can't be rocking them two days in ro because people are gonna think, Man, this dude don't changes underwear. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we probably wouldn't have rolled together back then.
Speaker 2: Oh, dude, Nathan Garrett, Joey Latreel pretty sure they're both in jail for real. Yeah, them them dudes and Whalen. We all got that Whalen. I'll tell you what though, Dude, I had the chain wallet, I had to spike, the spiked wrist deals.
Speaker 1: The long ha you put on your I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: There's this girl named Alex Macsudian. She probably listens this pot too.
Speaker 1: I love by everybody he brings up. They probably said this pot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just think everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, some girl turned me down.
Speaker 2: I'm in our Google search list. No, hell Noy'll give a fuck about me, but Alex Macsudian, dude, she was like, uh, her parents are cool ast shit shout at the Maxsudian family. But she was like a little punk girl and she would like have me come over and I don't know. Well she had me out of that spell. We know, I talk about undefeated. H the boy was getting taken l's daily and uh, she like there was one day we made out. One time we went to streets in New York pizza place, had myself some potato skins. She put my hair in like like the super like pointy all over the place. I thought it was cool as shit. She put makeup on me, Oh you were a loser, dude. No, I chill. I chill than that.
Speaker 1: You're looking like Angelica from Rugrats.
Speaker 2: That's a good pole dude. So anyway, I'm at shoots in New York and she got makeup on me and I'm sitting there with her family and they were so cool. They didn't give a shit. They might to carry but no, I wouldn't like that. But like I know, caketails bro I had like the emo like like like pointy with a popped the bleak.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of like product and ship in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of product and shit in it. I'll tell you why. I slept over her house that night. Her parents were like the cool parents, right, Yeah, And I remember we were laying in bed together and we made out.
Speaker 1: Is that you Yep? That was me? That's what I did. Yep.
Speaker 2: That one in the middle, well, Jesus good, Charlotte. Yeah, I want to be punk so but I wanted an eyebrow earring.
Speaker 1: So you're basically in a Halloween costume at all times and at all times.
Speaker 2: But I had long hair. I just didn't do my hair like that. I just had long hair, like put in front of my face and shit like that. Middle school is a weird time for everybody, dude, It always eists for everybody.
Speaker 1: You're kind of learning, changing, changing.
Speaker 2: What about the boys? Best Halloween costume you guys ever had?
Speaker 5: I don't really remember many of mine. The only one that I remember is uh, I was like you will. We always had to homemade our stuff. Everything was made at home. And so the one that I remember was I wanted to be I was probably nine, and I wanted to be a guy who got electrocuted because I knew I could make do with what I had of the house, and so I like I took a bunch of clothes that I didn't like really wear, cut them up, like oh yeah. I mean my mom was like supervising with decissors and stuff like that, obviously, but yeah, yeah, I was cutting up the clothes.
Speaker 2: I remember we like sprayed.
Speaker 5: My hair all black and like did my face all up like I'd been electrocuted. I guess, yeah, my wife loves that one.
Speaker 2: She makes money.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: Ship, that's exactly what about you.
Speaker 1: You're probably a cute little costume kid there. You're probably crowned.
Speaker 2: Uh Jeff, he was Jeff Gordon and Dale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right. You're right.
Speaker 4: Actually, Taylor is right. I was Dale Senior one year for Halloween.
Speaker 2: I got a Dale Senior shirt. That dude was a legend.
Speaker 4: The super younger years. When I was like two or three, I think I've got pictures like a bumble Bee Alliance and I got older, I was screaming pause.
Speaker 2: General Patton would be like, imagine cute ass, little General Pattison.
Speaker 3: He just tried to brush over bumble Bee.
Speaker 2: Cute ass bubble.
Speaker 4: And I was like that was probably two or three.
Speaker 1: Oh my dude, General Patton, you were so queen again, Zach in a bumblebee costume for Halloween, no question.
Speaker 4: And then last year I was a basketball player because I got access to some of our basketball stuff. So that was called that's college years though, where it's a little ahead of what we're talking about right now.
Speaker 1: Dude. In college, I was we jump the I was Michael Myers like every year, every year, dude, Like, I just had the same constructor construction guy outfit. Yeah, what do they call him, like the overalls or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's like a jumpsuit, like yeah, was.
Speaker 1: It like the like a plumber like fucking mechanic mechanicanic jumpsuit. Yeah, and just had the mask and I was Mike Myers.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. Thirty minutes into wearing that mask, how'd you feel?
Speaker 1: Sweaty? Yeah? You know, I gotta thro this mask up, but the thing doesn't go you know what the hell? I am right right? I wanted to be unknown.
Speaker 2: Every Halloween for college. Every year. I was an off duty.
Speaker 1: Cop every time. Yeah, I can see that. I think I've told you that.
Speaker 2: How Yeah, I would you know, you would shave a mustache, I would wear khaki shorts high high like high thought like I wear now high think khaki shorts and a tap top tucked in.
Speaker 1: You were probably a big uh super Trooper quote too, guy, No, I love that, like when you were the when you were the super Trooper.
Speaker 2: I love that movie. It's a it's a great movie. I would just my big line would always be able to walk by kids uh at Halloween parties drinking or smoking weed or something like that, and but let me see smidy and I'd be like, hey, I could do something about this, but I'm off duty. I'd walk by and they'd be like.
Speaker 1: Okay, come over here, right me out how many you say? Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll take a cola.
Speaker 1: Hey, that was a funny line, Tan super Trooper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I'll tell you what I.
Speaker 1: Was just reading that.
Speaker 2: I've I've had this exact same conversation.
Speaker 1: And that's hilarious. Dude.
Speaker 2: Hey, and you literally said last year I was Michael Myers and you'd wear them. We didn't say the mask thing where you were breathing in the mask.
Speaker 3: What's funny is we need to grab them?
Speaker 1: Yeah and have this moment? What was so funny? Hen and I are sitting here ripping back and forth to each other, and he just writes, you had this combo last year dot word for word.
Speaker 2: It's so true, it is so hey.
Speaker 1: He's got a day.
Speaker 3: We know for sure he's got a din.
Speaker 2: In the school me figuring it out.
Speaker 1: A couple too dense.
Speaker 2: They have one right here. And but my thing in the way, what was it? These called cans with the cans and then the fucking deal on the back there. I'll tell you what, boys, what.
Speaker 1: About you guys in college, Alex, what about you? You know you didn't have a college story on here last year. This episode of Bustle with the Boys. The Boys is also brought to you by Boykies spelt b o i k e ys no free shoutouts, of course, Boykise makes the most delicious air dried beef called biltongue. Think of a healthier version of jerky, with thirty percent more protein and way less sodium. Boykse biltong is often compared to a tender and flavorful slice of high end prestudo with ingredients that you can pronounce like red wine, vinegar, toasted coriander, rosemary, and salt and pepper. Boykse biltong is a snack you can count to fill you up and not bring you down. Made in the beautiful us of A with us DA bottom round beef, Boikse takes pride in making the most portable, high protein power snack of all time. Think of a two ounce Think of each two ounce package as a perfectly seasoned five ounce steak. The only preservatives they use are vinegar and salt, and compared to most turkey Bilton can, they contains half the sodium and zero sugar. You can buy Boykse Biltong on their website www dot b o I K e y s dot com and Amazon. Use code busting twenty at checkout. That's b U s s I N to zero at checkout for twenty percent off your first order. Follow them on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter at eat Boykis. Shout out the boys at Boykis no free shout outs and start getting your snack.
Speaker 2: On easy stuff.
Speaker 3: My friends probably like fucking grease, We aren't you do?
Speaker 2: I no, No, that would have been a great I think that would have been a great costume.
Speaker 1: I went and the shirt like we talked, I went.
Speaker 5: I tried to go one year as a golfer because it was easy and I mean I don't know, uh, college costumes. You just like it's just you're going out, Like I'm just you trying to get that deal. Yeah, Like I'm just trying to go out and do my thing. So I'm also just not wearing regular clothes so I want to as a golfer. And everybody thought I was a dunkin Donuts employee.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 1: So that sucked.
Speaker 2: You gotta pull a picture of that.
Speaker 1: When at least people thought something, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: They thought something.
Speaker 1: You're right, I mean, being.
Speaker 2: Michael Myers would be so tough because how you drinking? You can't take the mask off at all? Masks and Halloween, Yeah, I mean, for sure, I might as well go with face paint. Not for Michael Myers, but if you if you can't get away with face paint, do the face paint thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, you're right, Michael Myers. It's not like it was the smartest move for sure. Yeah, because even if you're out on prout, like what the fuck are you gonna do it on Michael Myers, like old ship the mask on the whole time. Yeah, I mean they put your peep through the little hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that Dave Chappelle's get Yeah, you're trying to order at the bar or something.
Speaker 1: You just got the mask, Like, all right, I gotta go in the corner and fucking look it up.
Speaker 2: Not even like spot Man, not the way. Yeah, how about Uh?
Speaker 1: Do I want to jump to the parenting because I enjoy your family costumes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Every year it's a big conversation in our family. Did I wanted us to be a taco stand one year where Wind would be the taco and I was like a bottle of chilula and then uh, Taylor would be like the uh the stand itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know they work out that way. Yeah, that one right there.
Speaker 2: So we go off every year, we pretty much just go off. I love how would you type into.
Speaker 5: Get all this Taylor Lawan Halloween.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that there's even a category for that.
Speaker 3: And it's the first picture Taylor la Wana Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So first off, look of them legs, them a little steak. Do not sleep on them little legs, dude. How strong today?
Speaker 1: They're strong? They're strong legs. They're strong, dude.
Speaker 2: But when at the time was like her obsession was Winnie the Pooh. I think the year before this, I was Maui and she was Mowana. Yeah, and so we just kind of go off of Wind, what are you winto?
Speaker 1: What's your thing? Because the year you've texted because you wanted, uh, you wanted us to be like, what is she into controls?
Speaker 2: We were, well, actually no, it.
Speaker 1: Was it was the It was like the fuck paw Patrol. Yeah, paw Patrol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it loves paw Patrol.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: She's a huge Paw Patrol girl.
Speaker 1: So I was.
Speaker 2: Christopher Robin and Wind was Winny of the Pooh and it was I honestly one of my favorite costumes, but this pulled it off. This past Chris Halloween was so fucking cold, dude. It was freezing out.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I was walking around out there my bit and two pieces was inside me. It was so tough. And when when didn't understand the concept of like going to get the candy yet, she started figuring out and then she picked out all the blue ones, the Almond Joys, which is the worst candy. Yeah, she was picked out the blue wrappers and she put it in there and she doesn't eat candy, So that one right there, we were at the uh the I was a. I was a penalty flag one year, so my wife was a was a referee, and we like, we're at the Kings of Leon Halloween party, and that's what that's what we went as. It was like a last ditch effort, last second, little deal.
Speaker 1: But did you were you getting like holding calls and stuff that year? I get penalties every year, mane, I know this passion. This year, Hey, has it been different?
Speaker 2: I hope to God that place we're shooting this in July, dude, I'm telling you right now, hey, let me just try it again. Tell you what's been different this year.
Speaker 1: Though, hollwill dude, you've done a great job.
Speaker 2: No penalties, penalty free, just one or two some bullshit calls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure they could have went either way. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: We shot this in July. Oh my god, fingers are crossed, buddy. I know you got a backfire real bad. If I get them penalty, maybe you're not even playing. Maybe we're not even playing. Holy shit. Imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey the boys are.
Speaker 2: Nine and oh right now, right now, dude, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: No f oh ship, dude, dude, I don't have kids yet. Can't wait for it to happen to do the whole how they kind of celebrate their Halloween with all the different themes of the year. Whatever, whatever, beans into whatever, you're whatever, you're a little human.
Speaker 2: If you had a girl right now with your nameer, I don't know, if you had a boy right now, your.
Speaker 1: Name him William Earl Compton, the fourth, My second boy, My second boy is gonna be Wolfgang, Wolfgang Punk Wolfgang polf Gang. I don't know, I don't know the middle name yet, but Wolfgang Compton, wolf Compton, is it really? Yeah? Second boy, nice girl, be whatever char wants. Hey, Yeah, that year was fucking awesome. That was a funny year.
Speaker 2: The funniest thing about this one, it's not an original joke, but it's still super funny. Yeah. Two, Will asked me to be the fucking you in this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did. So. What we're looking at is uh, Brandon Shaub and Brian Collen shout out the fighter and the kid. They had a post of them. Basically, Brian Callen's holding a cardboard piece and says he's down for whatever with cash, signs and everything and brands. Show looks like a uh bust a hooker. Yeah, dud with a black eye and stuff, and I wanted to mimic it. Taylor wouldn't do it with me, so I had Charle do it with me.
Speaker 2: Didn't I do it with I didn't want to do because it wasn't original.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And so Charle did it with me. And I basically put on one of Charles's tops, squeezed into it. Look at that brown sugar around that belly a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, put on some tights.
Speaker 1: I know, I I know, you getting a little softer times, changing a little bit.
Speaker 3: But Charles, she throws on a flannel.
Speaker 1: She's Brian calling on Brandon shab we rip it, dude, dude, It's kind of crazy how that came full circle too. M hmm. They reposted and stuff, and then the next year he's on our pod, came.
Speaker 3: On the pot I know, dude, I know.
Speaker 2: Second biggest regret besides the tots not being on the brandon s post.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out the boys though drink camp during camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the boy was popped last year and I was bullshit though, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know, I felt the little fomo. Yeah, but that was solid. That was a solid. That was a solid costume. The year before when we were in Virginia playing on the skins Charing and I last minute when just got some some cheap costumes from uh from Walmart shadow Walmart, no free shoutouts, and I know they'd a big Walmart guy, and just kind of those onesie costumes where I think she was a bunny and I was I don't even remember what it was, maybe a wolf at this time, but just some quick costumes. Just bought a shitload of candy and wanted to spoil every kid that came to the house because we were in like a we were in like a nice We're in like a nice area where everybody trigger treats around the U. Fuck, I'm trying a blank right now, help me out. Yeah, but like suburb subdivision, subdivision, yea subdivision.
Speaker 2: You said it with the question mark, but you still said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right cool. But anyway, people trigger treated hard. So I wanted to go all out for everybody because you're thinking, like, you know, they want all the candy. So they would come up and I would sit still with just the thing of candy and they would like slowly kind of approach and Charla, It's okay, he's not gonna do nothing to boom, like scare them all.
Speaker 2: Just joking.
Speaker 3: Come here, take as much as you want to take as much. We got so much in there.
Speaker 2: We got so much and you want to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take another handle, like take two handfuls and just try and give him a great time. Your parents come with me, hey, and then all the.
Speaker 3: Left of her candy you kind of just eat on it for.
Speaker 1: The rest of the year.
Speaker 2: Hey, I know, going back to when I was like eight and stuff like that, I make that Halloween candy last till like December from your parents like day on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you kind of give some of your friends make that didn't ship to my friends. Yeah, you were a nicer boy than me.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. The more I look back on it, we're peeling back layers. You had a wolf deal. I guess it was a ship stick. Huh.
Speaker 1: You said you had spike carrying makeup on that was this world decorated up on saying her parents were cool.
Speaker 3: I guess they thought we were cool.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking, like, yeah, I'm sure they thought you guys were weird as fuck, but just let you.
Speaker 2: They make up on it all. Actually, it was really weird.
Speaker 1: We just stress you up.
Speaker 2: It was just me and the makeup to New York. Dude shoots on Scottsdale Road, scotts Sealing ninety third Street, epic, no free shot outs. But yeah, dude, oh oh there we go. They got fighting it because you you were I.
Speaker 1: Love I remember.
Speaker 3: I wasnt gonna remember your story for listen.
Speaker 2: I need to take a deep moment. Last year on Halloween, we took our daughter trigger treating. We came back, we put win down. I get a knock at the door.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I know the story is a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm facetiming with Will.
Speaker 1: Because I went to Oakland at that time. I was going I didn't go to celebrate Halloween.
Speaker 2: I know I'm not really paying attention. I'm talking to Will about our Halloween night or whatever. We're facetiming. We have a good time on FaceTime missing the boy because you just left the finish.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: It was kind of brutal. So man, the doorbell rings, a couple of kids come by, blah blah blah. But like this one was a little different.
Speaker 1: Are you thinking about taking a dukie and also wondering how you can make that brown eyes spotless. Look no further because Dude Wipes has your back. This episode is brought to you by Dude Wipes No free shoutouts, the origin flushable wipes for guys girls too. You need to clean your buttholes as well. If you're not using these yet while dropping a deuce at the crack of dawn when the sun is rising, do yourself a favor and check them out. You'll feel so much better and fresher than only using that shitty toilet paper that you get where you gotta take. You gotta rip out those little wads of toypepper out they get caught up in your hair during the shower time. You don't got to do that anymore because Dude Wipes will change your life. Dude Wipes are fragrance free, Dude size at forty nine square inches. And check out the brand new Dude Wipes Mint Chill. It's like a spa for your butthole. It's made with mint, eucalyptus and tea tree oils. The Dude brand has expanded into a whole line of awesome hygiene products. Now they have Dude Shower body Wipes, so the whole shower pill mystery you got it with Dude shower wipes. With Dude shower body wipes, Dude powder for your balls. They even have a sweet Madet attachment called a Dude Wiper one thousand. It's like a car wash for your butthole. They're a cool brand out of Chicago, as seen on Shark Tank. Do has something for everyone with your everyday hygiene needs. You can pick up their stuff at Amazon, Walmart, and Target nationwide or use the code bust ten that's bus one zero for ten percent off at Dude Products dot com. Dude has your back when it comes to sitting on the toilet and everything hygiene wise. So go check out the boys at Dude Products dot com and use code bust ten for ten percent off. Shut out the boys.
Speaker 2: This this guy I opened the door. This older gentleman's with his ten eleven twelve year old kid. Not your holdiest. I can't really tell ages of kid anymore. And he's like, eyes are big. You can tell he's excited to meet me. I didn't know this is my wife, did. He's wearing Atlanta braves, jersey and sweatpants. Trash uniform, yeah, trash costume.
Speaker 3: And just hey, trash of still on the top.
Speaker 2: He gotta gotta go all out. But like I said in this same podcast, when I was eleven, twelve thirty, I didn't give a shit about what I was doing. I just wanted the candy or whatever. You know what I'm saying. This guy's like really excited, This kid's really excited to meet me. And I'm like, I'm like, yeah, I say, this kid's really, this kid's here blah blah blah, and will say, hey, let me see his costume, and I go, ah, I'll shay, it's not that good of a costume. And the kids in front of the kid in front of his dad, and I'm not paying attention to anything, like because he's just We're just on dude, I don't I'm dealing with a lot of ship with the whole PD thing. I'm I'm I'm depressed, legit depressed.
Speaker 3: But we're just always boys on the phone anyway, Like we always think we're just in our.
Speaker 2: Listen to us, but everyone's actually listen to us. I turned the phone and I show the kid and I'm like, I'm hang out probably back blah blye. I talk to the kid for a little bit. The dad's like yeah. He was really excited to me, and I was like, it's nice to meet you too. I believe I was nice to the kid. I leave, I call Will back, and Will answers the phone, laughing, basically saying, man, you really shot on that kid.
Speaker 1: Right in front of him.
Speaker 2: Before that, Taylor was telling me he kind of shit on that kid, and I was like, whatever, Tailor, I was a badman, bad whatever Tailor, you're lying and you answers like damn, I guess I really.
Speaker 3: Answers, and I'm laughing like, yeah, you know, it's constantly is not that good.
Speaker 1: I'll show you that. I'm like, oh, let me see.
Speaker 3: He turns it around, like the kids just standing.
Speaker 2: There, sugar Chase so bad. So for whatever reason, if that kid's still somehow as a fan, I am so sorry, or the dad or dad too, I'm I apologize. If you guys, please come back to my house this year. Please I live in the same place. Don't tell anybody if I live in the same place. Please come back, Please reintroduce yourself, Please make fun of me for being an asshole. I am so sorry to the like literally, I bring it up to tailor at least once a month yeah, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, so the.
Speaker 1: Kid should come as like a supplement that says not NSF certified. Oh my god, if the dad's listening being your kid and have just be wearing like a piece of pairs, this is not an SF certified hilarious.
Speaker 2: I hope to god I see that kid again. Man, I feel so bad. I felt so bad. I probably ruined that kid. He probably talks. Yeah, I met t little one once. Guy's an asshole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so excited, dude, Damn you.
Speaker 2: Hate when that happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I hope. I like to think it doesn't happen as much as it does, but never just it probably does.
Speaker 1: I mean, for what it's worth, you always do do a great job around everybody. Thank you because I noticed it because obviously I'm around. Oh turnl on. I'll just kind of stand to the side.
Speaker 2: Is this your agent?
Speaker 1: Hey? There was.
Speaker 2: We were we were out shooting guns a week a week or so ago, and some guy that came up with loved our podcast want us to take a picture. We try to get Corey Levin to take a picture of us. Corey basically told the guy to go fuck himself. Selfie picture because Corey wouldn't be the guy to take the picture of hilarious.
Speaker 1: That sh it was funny. Dude, Dude, Dude, I'm I'm sad Spootober's ending, Dude. Every year we've been really hanging on. This episode, we're hanging on, We're telling great stories. It's been This entire month has been nothing short of fucking amazing with everyone out there too. I'm it's coming to an end.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it really is, dude. And you know, whatever we got, we just got to get ready for the next fucking year. We got to get ready for the next deal. As always on every single podcast where you're in a shout out, I think so this is last year, twenty nineteen. This is our favorite favorite haunted house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say so.
Speaker 2: I think this was number one in my book. As we go on this year, this this entire month, obviously we've been telling you where we were going. We probably have a new list maybe unless these guys really hit it going strong. But there's a place called Slaughterhouse, Dude. Slaughterhouse was unbelievable. They did a good job of spacing out the people.
Speaker 1: They had.
Speaker 2: Our favorite part of the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Was the Ogs.
Speaker 2: It was forty five minutes long, and you hit so many different themes, like you go from one thing to the next, and the transitions were really good. But you'd see you saw Freddy Krueger, you saw Mike Myers, you saw Mike.
Speaker 1: We almost got like fanboyish. Yeah, and then we got out of character being spooked. See that pretty fucked up. And this place is actually they have actually a tattoo parlor there. The guy asked me to do a tattoo on me.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if I'm if I'm ready to have like a haunted character on my body.
Speaker 1: They would not go with.
Speaker 2: The theme of the rest of my body. But they're talented as hell. They have a tattoo shop in there. They have movie theater and they play old school spooks. Yeah, it's uh, it's it's pretty cool, man, It's it's pretty epic. That was our favorite one. There was a guy in the beginning actually that had a real snake in his hand. Anybody who knows me knows snakes are my biggest fear. Scared they ever living ship out of me? I think was Nicky in town.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, are they still together? Yeah, they're they're married. Yeah, Letting is still together. Yes, you know, I thought.
Speaker 1: They're living different dud.
Speaker 3: They've built a house.
Speaker 1: I saw it.
Speaker 2: Do you say unbelievable?
Speaker 1: Unbelievable that ship.
Speaker 2: Nikky, good good work. This spook Tobra has been unbelieve well the last four episodes. We were talking about it after the third episode, how much fun this has been. This has been probably our favorite four pods. We hope that God you guys liked it. We know you guys are having an amazing traction of sending us Your spooks are your daily spooks, the haunted houses, the stories of when you've been scared. It's been unbelievable. Tier ones, Tier twos, we know you're going to do it. Make sure you fucking subscribing Wright five stars. We love you to death.
Speaker 1: Tier threes too, Tier three, do it. Tier threes need to be brought along with them.
Speaker 2: Tier twos because as soon as you subscribing right five stars and you follow ye, you're at least a Tier two by then. You know what I'm saying. So them tier twos, go snag them, Tier threes, them Tier ones, go snag them Tier threes and bring them with us. Boys, November's coming up halfway through the season, hopefully based on COVID. Yeah, you know what I'm saying that Thanksgiving deals coming up.
Speaker 1: Don't start losing your body. This is the time where it gets a little older out there. It's a little candy starts coming in the belly airpiece. You start getting excited for Thanksgiving, Yeah, Christmas, food, all of it. Do you go downhill real quick?
Speaker 2: Tell you what a lot. It's a lot to deal with.
Speaker 1: I got a question for you though, before we end it ahead, How stoked are you that we've embraced Spooptober into what it is From the year you were introducing me to Spootober. The next year we made it a little more. We found a pod. Now we've brought everybody else into the theme of Spootober Like this is kind of like I don't know if you got it anywhere, but this is this is kind of your little baby you've kind of seen grown over the last year.
Speaker 2: This has been uh, shout out jacking Garrett, not Josh. This has exceeded my expectations of the decor in this place. It has been unbelievable. These guys crushed it. Two years ago we talked about Spook. It was that was one of the more fun years because it was like, you know, bringing somebody along, showing them to Spook.
Speaker 1: You introduced me to shoot over October, and.
Speaker 2: Then last year we had one episode of Spootober that was pretty fire. We really enjoyed it. But man, this has been the coolest shit. So you guys are epic. You guys make it work and I it wasn't for the fans would just be talking at nothing this is we would just be in the basement the five or so you guys are here. So hey, fucking love you guys. Man, thank you. Next week it'll be a new month. This Ooktober is over. Love you guys, And that's what you should have played though. Yeah, that's the way I try, didn't learn.
Speaker 3: God fucking damn it, Alex.
Speaker 1: We can cut it.
Speaker 5: We can cut out the trailing, we can cut the little space in between.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. I can't hear you that.
Speaker 2: Your MIC's off.
Speaker 1: We gotta leave this part in too. This is just fun it guys, gals, people of all ages appreciate you so much for tuning in to another episode of Busting with the Boys. If you haven't yet, please subscribe to the episode on Apple, Podcast, Spotify, whatever platform.
Speaker 2: You're on, we're on there.
Speaker 1: We have a YouTube channel, Busting with the Boys. We would love if you subscribe there as well. If you are subscribed and you want to be a more for the boys, unsubscribe and resubscribe. Again, it sounds funny and stupid and kind of obnoxious, but all of your subscriptions and resubscribing and stuff, it helps in these little algorithm games for climbing charts. Because again, we're very organic you guys. Where we're at is because of you guys, So we like to keep it fucking organic and just from us, dude to us versus the world. But we really do. We really appreciate your guys and support. A few of you had questions about merchandise. You can go Our merchandise store is on barstool sports dot com. Go over to shop and we are under the brand Bustle with the Boys. You can find all of our gear there. We restart constantly. Now, if you guys have any ideas, shout us out. If you guys buy the gear, shout us out. We really do love and you guys talk back to us. Add us mention us, put us on your stories, tag us all that fun stuff. We like grabbing that stuff and putting it in on our YouTube episodes, and again, we just love it. Man. We love you, guys. We appreciate you so much. Keep being for the fucking boys. Keep being a wolf. The biggest of hugs and the tiniest of kisses. We love you, We appreciate you. Tune in next week for another episode of Bus with the Boys.