Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football clubs.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Ready for a break?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 6: It's time for the Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. Were with Ambar Garcia, Brian brought us, Nick Harris and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 7: It is Friday, October twenty fifth, twenty twenty four, Season twenty, episode number fifty five. Well, the latest edition of The Break. We are life Nest WBC Mortgage Studios at the Star.
Speaker 4: Why are you looking at me?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: What I do? My college number?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: I was like, oh god, what did I do? I said something wrong? What I say?
Speaker 10: Hanging in the rafters?
Speaker 4: Mandy A long snapper?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about that long snapper? A lot of bad, lot of crazy days doing that.
Speaker 7: Hey man, I've learned if I had, If if you got a kid out there and you want that kid to be in the NFL, if you want to be in the NFL teaching about a long snap, yeah, it's the best job in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Debate, golf, anything, and it's whatever, anything, It.
Speaker 4: Works, all right. We appreciate you guys joining us.
Speaker 7: It's a Friday, we get you ready for Cowboys versus forty nine ers that will happen this Sunday on Sunday Night Football. We will head out tomorrow heading down to San Francisco, and uh so today it's our job to get you ready and let you know what we think is going to happen in Sunday's game. We'll start first with the injury roundup. Yesterday a couple players didn't practice for the Cowboys. Deron Bland still not practicing, Michael Parsons still not practicing, Nick Vigil not practicing. He actually was limited on Wednesday, but did not practice yesterday. Then they had a couple guys that were limited, Eric Kendricks and Ryan FILLINOI full practic's though for Kayln Carson, which is a good sign hopefully that maybe they can get him back and get him back in the lineup. Talking about what you guys are hearing as far as these injuries are concerned.
Speaker 10: Yeah, sounds good on the Kayln Carson front, which is good because it doesn't sound too great on the Dran Bland front. So I think Carson will be back to be in a starting role for these Cowboys on Sunday. It sounds like a Saturday practice is going to be the big threshold for both Bland and Parsons. I'm not expecting Parsons to go at this point, but Saturday. If he can somehow be a full participant in practice by tomorrow, then that'll kind of lead more confidence towards him playing on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it is good news about with Carson situation. But man, it's it's been been a long strange journey. I guess that was a song back in the day on Strange Journey, and I think it was a Grateful Dead. I think what alone strange journey?
Speaker 2: You know something like that. Yeah, yeah, we've go out to California. We'll look up the Grateful Dead.
Speaker 10: For a long strange trip, make good journey, trip trip journey?
Speaker 2: Is that the song? It is?
Speaker 10: Grateful Dead?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: Are we fact checking songs?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, out on it right, trim Journey closing off, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, But anyway, it's been a it's been a grateful Dead trip for these guys with it for Carson's shoulder. It it seems to like they kind of get it to a point and then it doesn't respond like they thought it was going to respond going forward. So they've had a lot of uh, they've had a lot of issues with it right now and hopefully it's a it's coming back around. Like I say, the Bland thing, Parsons thing, I I have my doubts about that one.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 3: I think we'll probably get the injury report and that'll probably saying out there I know for sure with Parsons, but we'll see with with with Bland hopefully h hopefully that turns around. But that the Carson ones, they've been trying for weeks to get that thing right, and it's kind of it gets to it where it needs to be, and then they kind of then goes back to where it was and so it's it's it's been been.
Speaker 2: A little bit of struggle.
Speaker 7: What you guys are what do you guys aaring with regards to Parsons. Is this one of those things where, uh, this is gonna take significantly more time or is he literally like at that point where it's like it could be literally next week he could be fine and ready to play, or is this really like, no, this is gonna take a little while. He's gonna he's gonna he's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Out a minute.
Speaker 10: Well, when the idea of not putting him on the IR came about after the Giants game, it was with the understanding that he would be back within four games, and that fourth game is next week against Atlanta, So the hope and the expectation would be that he can make it back by then, but at the latest, at the latest. Correct. Yeah, but I think there's there's a lot of desire to make sure that he's one hundred percent before he gets back out on the field, which is smart.
Speaker 7: Obviously, you've got a player of that caliber. You don't want to mess up and put him back out there and then have more problems later.
Speaker 10: Exactly. Yeah, you would rather have him for the November December stretch than force him back early October.
Speaker 2: Held love to have him this week though, for sure.
Speaker 3: You know, with the struggles that the forty nine ers have had on offense and maybe having to play a little bit, you know, and I really do appreciate the the guys that played in a backup role, you know, with how they've been able to kind of you know, instead of playing fifteen eighteen snaps, they're having to play forty snaps and you know it's they're holding up pretty well. It's just and in these games when the other team's a little bit compromised, it'd be nice to have your best players as well, maybe to take advantage of that. But it seems pretty even now with the players they might be having out and then the players you're having out. So it's that that part of it kind of stings for the Cowboys a little bit.
Speaker 7: Take me back to the early part of the season and walk me through your thoughts on where you thought Klen Carson was. I know, coming out of training we were all well, but let me I just want to say, like, coming out of training camp, I think we all thought he was ready for an increased role that he's going to have to play. What did you guys see in those early games specifically that you're like, this is an area where Okay, he was what I thought he was, and this is an area where I feel like he's got a lot of development to go.
Speaker 3: I way overrated him because I knew him come out of Wake Forest, and I saw and then I saw in the preseason and some of the training camp practices where something bad happened to him.
Speaker 2: The next play. He was on it. He was you know, he it took something.
Speaker 3: If you remember the preseason game against the Rams, they kind of bullied him a little bit to start the game, and then after he finally kind of realized like, okay, I could play with these guys, and then he started tackling, He start covering everything, him.
Speaker 2: And and him and Nielan.
Speaker 3: I feel so bad for both those guys because I feel like.
Speaker 2: That Neilan was Kneelan's on his way up.
Speaker 3: And they the more that those guys were going to get to play, the better they were. So I kind of feel like with Carson. With Carson, I overrated him because I thought, I say overrated. I overrated him because I'm thinking, like, this guy is going to be a contributor. He is going to help he's going to play at a high level, and he's going to be physical, and he's going to tackle, and he's going to cover, and he's going to maybe make you think about playing Bland some at the nickel. You know, he's going to be that good that he's going to help you move some guys around. But this injury thing just it set him way back, and I know he'll be aggressive coming out and trying to get things done. But I just feel terrible for him and kneeling because I just felt like they were two young guys that were at least were going the right direction.
Speaker 10: Yeah, in Carson's case, I think there's a lot of products of maybe both sides of the ball and not being as good as we thought in training camp, and this is probably a product a minor product of that. But you do see him out in training camp against the Rams or preseason against the Rams. That was the one I wanted to bring up as well, Brian, just because he did get picked on early on in that game and he responded well. But I maybe expected a little bit more from him in this starting role, so much so that I present the question, would you start a Manti Ora Warreer over Carson in this game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You would. You would consider that.
Speaker 10: I would consider it absolutely. I think Warrier has been more consistent, He's longer, he can kind of give you more physicality in the second area. I feel like, even though Carson is a physical guy, I don't think he quite knows how to marry the physicality with the change of direction just yet, whereas or Warrier does it a little bit better. I Bland is the better guy of the three, no doubt. But I think I think if you want experience, you throw an oral warrier for a game like this, if you're playing like the Panthers, and not to discredit the Panthers, or maybe.
Speaker 4: To discres discredit the Pan.
Speaker 10: Yeah, maybe it's a discredit Pan. If you're playing the Panthers or I don't know, another team that you feel comfortable letting a rookie get some reps in that kind of opportunity, then I would probably throw out Carson. But in a situation like this, I'd like to see or Warrier.
Speaker 9: I think, I think for I mean, I agree with you this week mainly because him coming off the injury. Anybody doesn't matter what stage in your career you're at, just any time you're coming back from an injury, it's still gonna be a little bit of a.
Speaker 11: I don't know the word, I'm looking.
Speaker 9: For it, but it's yeah, it's gonna take a little bit for you to get back into rhythm. But with him, I thought, I thought he started his career in the NFL doing such a good job. And you look back and take at the tape. Yes, there are plays that he missed. They scored touchdowns on him, but he is a rookie and for that specific position, you're basically on your own when you're defending the play. Like, there's so many good things that he did, and it's always remembering just kind of like where he's at in his career and being giving some grace in that sense that, yes, there's gonna be bad plays. How are you gonna put on tape? But I think what you pointed out, Brian, it's something that it's key and that I always look for in young players is how are they going to come back after a bad play mentally? Because that can be very very challenging for young players. And I think he's handled the mental aspect of the game.
Speaker 10: Very very well.
Speaker 9: Now obviously with time comes the experience and him improving his overall game. But it's unfortunate he did end up getting hurt at the time that he did.
Speaker 7: All Right, So I had a couple questions for you guys. I'm gonna throw a couple quick questions at you before we get to our first break. These are big pick questions about the Cowboys versus the Niners. Which offensive player And this is besides Dak Prescott. Which offensive player do you think the Dallas Cowboys need more desperately to play their best game this week in order for them to be able to win?
Speaker 10: Can I say Dalvin Cook?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that out there.
Speaker 10: I think Dalvin Cook. I think this is a week for Dalvin Cook. And if he gets.
Speaker 11: An opportunity to bring some insight here.
Speaker 10: If this is the opportunity for him, then give him double digit carries and let him see what he can roll with. Because if they bring out Dalvin Cook and he has a great game for this offense, we could be looking at a much different offense these final eleven weeks.
Speaker 9: Also, so we don't feel stupid, we've been on every show here.
Speaker 10: Bring him up exactly. I will say with the Dalvin Cook case, I don't think he's twenty twenty two Dalvin Cook. But I also don't think he's twenty twenty three Dalvin Cook. I think it's probably somewhere in the middle. And if he can find even half of what he was in twenty twenty two, it's miles better than what they have right now.
Speaker 3: Would this be a told you so moment for you if that happened, If he comes out and plays well, like like I told you, I told you guys, take a look at this guy. I wonder how many people would say, hey.
Speaker 10: We probably the whole thing, Yeah, the whole fan base. Yeah.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 10: I'd been a little bit lower on expectation just because we haven't seen him in a full roll in two years. But I do think he still has more to contribute in his career.
Speaker 3: I think the kind of the told you so moment for me when it comes to these running backs was Zeke against the Lions. That was that I told you so, don't don't, don't go into these games wasting. You know, you go to the Pittsburgh game and you have some success.
Speaker 2: What was wrong? What happened?
Speaker 3: If I were to question the staff, I'd say, what what changed between the time you get off the plane from Pittsburgh to getting ready for the Lions?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: Why did all of a sudden that you decided that, okay, let's go this route, let's let's let's load up Zeke in this game and see if we can get you know, I to me.
Speaker 2: I I agree.
Speaker 3: I I'd like to see before you even before you even entertain maybe making the trade play Dalvin Cook and see what.
Speaker 2: He is just see you know it.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe you catch lightning in the bottle these last eleven ten eleven weeks, maybe you do, you know, maybe it's like that. Okay, well yeah we didn't play him early, but our running game looks different now.
Speaker 2: He's helping our offensive line. The physicality, the cutting ability, the ability to read, to be able to make people miss my guys. Dude, it's so fresh right now and ready to play. You know he's and he's going to want to prove that he could do.
Speaker 3: I mean, now, maybe they won't block worth a damn for him, but I give it.
Speaker 2: A go, man, Just give it a go, you know, give it.
Speaker 11: A go, Give it a go.
Speaker 9: Aside from him and just kind of the running game as a whole there, I would mention an other than Dak, of course, but this goes hand in hand with him, is ceedee lamb.
Speaker 11: We've seen where games.
Speaker 9: Where let's say, other players around them are not necessarily creating plays, but once Dak and CD connect and getting a rhythm together, we've seen them be able to really get the offense going and moving the chains that way. So and I don't think I've seen there hasn't been a game yet where CD has actually like gone back to City Lamb half season last the last I can't even word it.
Speaker 10: Last year half the.
Speaker 11: Last half of the season.
Speaker 9: Thank you CD Lamb from the last half of the season for last year. He hasn't been that kind of guy. And again, this is a year where you paid your quarterback, you paid your starting wide receiver, and we still haven't seen them perform at the level that you expect them and that you have seen them perform in the past. So I would hope that maybe they get going.
Speaker 10: Would you rather have an eighty yard day one touchdown from Dalvin Cook or one hundred and seventy yards and two touchdowns from cdh.
Speaker 7: Will I'll tell you this, if you got to those numbers from Dalvin Cook, they're probably winning, which means that means that probably what what I've seen from this team suggests they're not going to go into a game and run the ball that much unless they're winning like they did in Pittsburgh, or they're in a close game where they have time where they feel like they can really now run the ball. So to me, I think the winning goes hand in hand with them having a good running day.
Speaker 2: Give me the Dalvin Cook.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you have I kind of think it's got to be somebody on defense.
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna get to that.
Speaker 3: I was saying on the offensive the ball, I would always jump ahead on these question.
Speaker 2: See what I control the game?
Speaker 3: I kind of the question when everybody else asks, I give a completely different answer. Offensively, I think it's it's got to be Terran. It's gotta be Terrence Steele.
Speaker 4: There we go. That's the answer. Looking for it to thank you.
Speaker 3: It's got to be Terrence Steel. And it might it might even come down to Tyler Tyler Geitt too. But whoever you know your tackles, that's that's that's who needs to have a game because you know, uh, blocking, blocking these guys, it's not gonna it's not gonna be easy. Both on one side and Floyd on the other. I think Floyd's playing pretty well for him. So you know, this is once again that that defensive end combination that could very well give you problems if you don't if you don't handle that, then you can probably have some problems in this game.
Speaker 10: Two things that I think this defensive line for the forty nine ers does really well that the Cowboys offensive line has struggled with at times this year. They struggle with a lot of things, but these two specifically stunts. They run stunts well and they were able to get pressure off stunts. And then they will come right at your chest too, like these guys will bring the power. Uh and for a Tyler Guidan case or a Terrence Steel case that that could be. You know, you got to sink those feet. You gotta be ready for that because Bosa and Floyd, they both have some power behind their punch.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see a game where I don't come in here on Monday morning and tell you that eighty percent of the game was blocked one on one, you know, and then you wonder why you had problems in the game, you know. I mean, I just I'd love to be able to walk in here and say they did a really good job of helping stealing this game. They did a really good job of helping guiding in this game. You know, we're coming here and we'd say the metrics eighty one percent of the time they were one on one with their guy. Shame they give up four sacks and you know, seventeen pressures, you know, kind of a thing, but hopefully that'll not.
Speaker 2: Be the case.
Speaker 7: With all that went wrong against Detroit. I think it was the one storyline that I think didn't give it get as much credence as it should have, and it got some was just how much they were getting wrecked on the outside that game. Offensively, they couldn't do anything because Dak every play just had somebody in his face. And I think that's the part that worries me. And I look at this and I'm like, one or both of those tackles has to have an outstanding day in order for everything else that you guys mentioned to work, in order for the Running game to get on track, in order for CD to get on track, they've got to get that blocked up. And right now, that is the last that I've seen of them, and it wasn't It wasn't very good. They got to be better than that if they expect to get a win this weekend.
Speaker 4: All right, we're gonna take our first break.
Speaker 7: We'll come back, we'll get to a little little yetti time with Amber in the third second, we'll get back to one of those other questions, maybe get some questions from you guys. We'll be back Dallas Cowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 11: You know that's a lie.
Speaker 13: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure five.
Speaker 14: G requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com Slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 15: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 15: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: Don't put off getting your oil change.
Speaker 2: Dallas.
Speaker 8: Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys, is faster than you think. They're so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take fives. Stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 16: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stand tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Star and Frisco, or.
Speaker 10: Online at lucasey dot com.
Speaker 16: Lucasey, the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the Break.
Speaker 11: At and T Cane eighteen changes everything.
Speaker 4: Welcome back. It's the second segment is break dramatic deal.
Speaker 2: Get to that point. I don't have time to talk to you. Don't say anything to me.
Speaker 7: That is our relationship, basically if you wanted to relationship.
Speaker 4: And one meme it's Amber doing like.
Speaker 3: Derek doing what we need done around here talking about food and Amber don't talk to me.
Speaker 2: I don't have to.
Speaker 9: Because he's just staring like look away look somewhere else. Derek has this stare that is just like intimidated.
Speaker 7: It's really not. I'm just trying to figure out what you're doing. I'm trying to figure out where we're going with.
Speaker 10: This underrated, really good bit on this show. As you doing the ambar accent, that is a really underrated it's very slight underrated.
Speaker 2: Because I missed.
Speaker 3: Yeahquestion, I can't do a request.
Speaker 4: I can't do it on request.
Speaker 7: All right, welcome back for a live ness WBC Mortgan Studios at the Stars.
Speaker 4: Time for a little Yetti time with a g What you got over there?
Speaker 9: Well, this segment is presented by Yelli. Yetti officially licensed YETI Cowboy gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com.
Speaker 3: All Right, you could I was down in the real quick. I was doing the post game show.
Speaker 2: At the lines game.
Speaker 3: You can get a Yetti cup with beverage in it for they'll sell it to you at the stadium.
Speaker 2: At the stadium, I was like thinking, how do I do this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that keeps it, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no they do.
Speaker 3: You can get a Cowboy Yetti with beverage in it, and it looked really good, and I was thinking, how do I do this?
Speaker 11: I mean, I know, you just gotta have cash or something.
Speaker 3: You got to just throw your credit card down there and go. But your credit card.
Speaker 10: It's like calling some random dude in Costa Rica be like, how can I get this for free?
Speaker 7: And Bron's got the connection.
Speaker 4: Believe that's got the connection.
Speaker 2: I'll get me one of those those guys.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 9: Well, for for this game, I thought we will all get in touch with our emotions.
Speaker 4: This is you need to be talking to another all right.
Speaker 9: So uh, it's just going back down memory lane a little bit and I'm gonna just give different emotions, and you guys are gonna give me a memory of something that occurred during your time here with the Cowboys or experience with the Cowboys that made you feel that way.
Speaker 10: Okay, very limited.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 9: The first one, let's say happiness. Let's start with a happy one.
Speaker 4: Happy thoughts, happiness.
Speaker 11: The moment that made.
Speaker 2: You feel happy, anytime that when I was on the road trip with you guys, we were playing in Philadelphia or New York and we won the game, and I could turn an mf all those fans Disney Fane that home team fans. I would say.
Speaker 3: Derek would look at me and go stop this, stop, you know, and I would I would be going off on those fans, and that always made me so happy knowing that you could go into a place like Philadelphia, New York and those times the Commanders, all those places.
Speaker 2: I love that so much.
Speaker 3: I just loved seeing fans get shut up, especially the home team fans when we were on the road.
Speaker 2: That was happiness for me absolutely.
Speaker 7: I would say for me it was the twenty sixteen season as.
Speaker 2: A whole eleven straight man.
Speaker 4: That was so much fun. That was the best year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was the best because everything when when Zeke and and Dak arrived from the moment that first game started, when Dak became you know, started playing, and Dak was playing well and they were winning, it just went on this run where it was just like, man, I don't I don't even know how to describe it. Everything we touched turned the gold. Like it was just having those guys.
Speaker 4: That was a year. We did the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Video where where Zeke's doing the feed me and like that, that thing blew up and at the end of the year we did that that really great series finished this fight where we had all the players kind of talking about their own individual fights and battle and it was.
Speaker 4: Man, just that year was.
Speaker 2: Just so remarkable.
Speaker 7: Product on the football Yeah, product on the football field was great. The new blood that it was injected into the organization was great. The content was fun, Everything was exciting.
Speaker 4: And then it ended.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Aaron Rodgers that two hundred and fifty miles an hour in the car and just right into the wall.
Speaker 11: Wait, we're staying unhappy emotions.
Speaker 4: But that whole season I was just really happy.
Speaker 10: That was always.
Speaker 2: We went on, it, we went on. It was an incredible run.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 2: And then when it ended, it just.
Speaker 4: Was like we were all kind of looking at each other like what what just how happened?
Speaker 2: No, this is not supposed to stop.
Speaker 10: You're changing emotions. What was your happy moment? But for me, man, there's been so many. I've been blessed here. I think the first time that came with paper, I've been blessed in my two years, I really have. I think the first moment that came to mind though, was my very first game that I covered with you guys, forty to nothing in New York. It was a great hotel, I had great food that morning, and it was just it was just a fun trip and you were like, this is how it's going to be every leak.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I remember I tapped Derek on the shoulder on the plane right before we took off from New York and I was like, hey, I'm just saying I've been here one game and it's forty to Yeah, I'm just saying.
Speaker 11: Exactly, all right, next one a moment of.
Speaker 3: Surprise, does not catch game? Because Me, Nick, Shannon, Dave Hellman, Derek, We're all standing right there. That ball went up. He caught that thing. That official said he caught that thing. The ball is going to be right there.
Speaker 2: You know. That was a moment.
Speaker 3: And then McCarty and then looking across the field and seeing McCarthy challenge it and actually win it, I'm like, there's no way.
Speaker 2: It was like I was shocked, surprised. How could they this is a catch? This is he he caught the ball, made a football move. How that to me was my moment of being here, like how shocked?
Speaker 3: Remember Shannon and I walking trying to get through the crowd to get back to the locker room and what it just how dis pointed and just surprise, shot whatever. I think shock was the most emotion that I had at that time that they did not think that was a catch. When we actually found out it was a catch.
Speaker 7: For me, I was trying to look it up real quick. I'm pretty sure it was in the two thousand and five season. I think we were at Texas Stadium. Cowboys were leading by two touchdowns gets the Commanders against the Commanders at the time Santana Moss, Santana Moss and me and Nick had left the way that you had to get down to the field. You had to walk down this long hallway to get down to the elevator and then you take the elevator down and then once you got down the field, then you had to walk through the tunnel to get up to the field. When we left our seats, Cowboys were still up two touchdowns. By the time we got down, they were down. It's Santana Moss just back to back bam bam, and that was just like it was.
Speaker 4: I was like, wait, what happened?
Speaker 7: Like that was the most surprised I think I've ever been where And they're like, what did we met? What happened in this situation? To go from being winning and thinking at that point you have two touchdowns in the late fourth quarter, You're like they're gonna win, and then all of a sudden, no, you're not.
Speaker 2: Real quick with too. The Atlanta game that they got the on side kick.
Speaker 10: The watermelon kick, the watermelon kick game, and like.
Speaker 2: How did we how are we going to win this game? How? It was just crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that was a little bit of shocked, Like they really didn't recover that ball like that was that was shocking to.
Speaker 10: My Mine's got to be the playoff loss last year, for specifically the first half. I looked up at half shot. I was just like, yeah, this is over.
Speaker 4: Wow, just like that, Maybe.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should go get a play the food. You know.
Speaker 10: Close Number two is Jerry Jones calling an im PROMPTU press conference before a game in Carolina last year. That was that was yeah, that was I didn't have that one on my bingo card.
Speaker 9: I'll all right, this one is a hard one, and I go with you, Derek. You started off since you got like getting scared.
Speaker 7: Discussed discussed, well, I think recency bias is going to play in here. That playoff game against Green Bay last year, I was totally disgusted. I mean, I remember I left the stadium and I went home and both me and my wife were just like, like you.
Speaker 4: It was that raw, just like what the was that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: What was that? What we all this season?
Speaker 7: You kind of you got on this run after the bye last year, you're rolling and and by the way everything worked out for Dallas toward the end of the season to where they had been now were the second seed, they had won the division.
Speaker 4: The only you looked.
Speaker 7: At it and you were like, really, oh, you gotta really worry about is getting to San Francisco. And by the way, San Francisco might have a stumbled there along the way, you might have a home playoff game in the NFC champion Like everything had lined up and then for it to happen like it happened.
Speaker 4: That was probably the most disgusted that.
Speaker 7: I can recall. I guess at least that was a hard one. That was a really hard when to get over.
Speaker 10: This story was only communicated to me by Nikki Eatman, but I just this is the first thing that popped into my mind. There was a certain employee of the Dallas Cowboys. I'm not here any names here scaring me now last last year at training camp, got a raw hot dog and dipped it in community I think I think it was a honey mustard, and then took a bite and then went right back in and it was like, this was like a big bowl of I think it was honey mustard, and uh yeah, I never touched that honey mustard.
Speaker 9: It's also not like a one time thing like there are many.
Speaker 10: Stories like that.
Speaker 9: This individual regularly say names.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about it in the break.
Speaker 2: Not doing names.
Speaker 10: Sorry, sorry, discussed.
Speaker 2: This has got a pad or kind of pattern here.
Speaker 10: All right, I think you might be thinking of somebody, but it's not that person. But we'll talk about it. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll circle back because I've got a couple of stories.
Speaker 2: But that happened, I think it was.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go back to the I'm gonna go back to the two, like the twenty sixteen season when we talked about that to be the number one seed.
Speaker 2: You know, you're just thinking, like, man, this team is rolling. And I was.
Speaker 3: Disgusted to how that game, how that season ended, because you had everything going.
Speaker 2: I mean, usually you're the number one.
Speaker 3: Seed, you get all those home games, you know, you got the you're playing. I mean, everything is kind of going the right way for you. And I that that was discussed the Green Bay game last year. You know that to me is like those things they do happen. But when you're the number one seed, you're you know, everything sets up for you. They set it up the best way for you to get to the super Bowl. Last year, I didn't think, you know, I'm thinking that's not really a super Bowl maybe not a super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Team, but that sixteen team, I thought that was a super.
Speaker 7: Bowl even more than seven because O seven was another year wherething it lined up for him. They had a home get had a buy at home game against the Giants, and they and they just like they get beat there and it just.
Speaker 2: Beat beat him twice.
Speaker 7: You beat him twice, and so you're everybody felt very confident going into that game and Dallas could win it and then to lose it. Now, of course, the Giants went on to win the championship. Their defensive front was maybe one of the best defensive fronts I've watched in person. They were really really good. But man, that was another one, and I would even say kind of surprise. Nobody mentioned dek caught it like that moment was disgusting. I know you mentioned from from a standpoint, yeah, but from a discuss standpoint, I think more the more I saw the replay and where I was kind of disgusted by something like they got that got stolen from them, that that should have been a catch.
Speaker 10: What was that plane ride like back home after that game?
Speaker 2: After the Dead game.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what was weird about it, Like say Shannon and I were going through the crowd. We got trapped sometime out we were on the sidelines and we couldn't I don't know, we lost track, we couldn't get we couldn't navigate. Now Shannon and I are going through the crowd, like we're literally like trying to get through the packer fans that were so you're walking through the concourse and then they wouldn't let us in. You know, we're like you have so many clothes on, you're digging for your officials pass.
Speaker 10: Like fifteen degrees.
Speaker 2: It wasn't that bad, actually it was.
Speaker 4: It was actually pretty I think it was like twenty something.
Speaker 7: I was but you know, anywhere anywhere you're like geeze, Like that game.
Speaker 3: That game was just shocking. That they got the call wrong. That's where I was. But I'll tell you what it was. It's disappointing, right, what do we what's this disgusting?
Speaker 11: Makes you want to throw up?
Speaker 3: The drafts we had when I was in player personnel in two thousand and one, two thousand and one, two, those three years, those those five and eleven teams, I've never been more to gusted with how we performed, never been disgusted. I mean when you start to talk about a professionally on that how I'm like, We've got to be better than this.
Speaker 2: And we weren't. We really really weren't.
Speaker 3: And you know it, but it got you know, Bill Parcells, it got us. You know, maybe go in the right direction. But that was some really disgusting times for me personally. I go, because I've I've done this thing right before. I've seen it done right before.
Speaker 2: We just didn't it right, We just and that was disgusting real quick.
Speaker 7: I also mention you said, what was the locker room like after that game?
Speaker 4: That was?
Speaker 7: It was maybe that was maybe the only time I've ever seen Jason Witten kind of loses cool with the media. We I remember we were walking in and just you got to understand. When you're in the locker room after the game, there's a lot going on. Players are trying to get to in front of the showers, and media is kind of coming in, and it's a if a playoff game, there's a ton of media, so there's all these clogs and typically most of the players they just kind of understand, excuse me, guy, excuse me, excuse you getting trying to get Jason was like, guys, get the you know, and he's like, and I'd never seen him lose his cool like that with the media, but I understood it.
Speaker 4: I think they all were. And Dez was just like, he just set his locker with his on.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like that.
Speaker 7: I think I think that the level of disgust is the right word, the level of feeling like you had something stolen from you. I think they all felt like, this was our moment. We had this game, this was our moment we were ready to move on to that next level and finally exercise all these demons. And and basically that ref stole it from us, and that that was the impression I got. They felt that locker room felt more angry than maybe I've ever seen a locker room after a game.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 9: All right, well, let's do one last word real quick to change the vibe.
Speaker 2: So this is just.
Speaker 11: I feel disgusting right now in discussing. All right, I'll start with you, Nick. Relief.
Speaker 10: Really, when I got out of here, let me think you didn't really leave it exactly. I'm still here. Relief. Oh man, that's a that's a tough one. I this is going to be an easy answer. But since in San Francisco week, the worst plane trip we had last year, in my opinion, was San Francisco because we got back at I think four fifteen in the morning. I had an hour drive to get home, and then I had to be on a nine am podcast the very next day, and so did that nine am podcast. Off of maybe two hours sleep, went back home, and when I laid in that bed forty two to ten, everything in my mind gone relief and I slept for probably ten hours that day. I was like, something big could happen. I don't care that Patrick and Nickel have it covered. That was like I'm sleeping today. That was that was my relief.
Speaker 2: Relief.
Speaker 3: I never had to go on a road trip again after Buffalo. That was relief was I talked about likef and the fans was a fun part.
Speaker 2: But now that I don't like.
Speaker 3: After that Buffalo trip and Derek agreed that we can have great pre and post game shows in the studio.
Speaker 11: I remember that trip very vividly.
Speaker 3: I swear to God, Rob Phillips and I when that door opened, I looked at Rob Phillips, are you ready? And when we landed in Houston and that door opened, I said, we're jumping onto the tarmac, let's go.
Speaker 2: And he was with me.
Speaker 3: He was like, let's go, and and we kind of were like, you know, and no, we'll get in trouble, man, we really will. Were like, seriously, Rob and I would have jumped from the plane down to the tarmac, maybe had a broken leg and crawled to the as or hurts render car.
Speaker 10: Place run through exactly what happened on that trip.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 10: We flepp We.
Speaker 2: Flew through a hurricane.
Speaker 9: But we were running out of fuel because we were avoiding some storm.
Speaker 11: And then we were.
Speaker 9: Circling host circling in Houston and we're like, oh, there's that again, the circle circle.
Speaker 4: It wasn't that bad, really, it wasn't they're lying.
Speaker 2: They're lying to you right now.
Speaker 3: That plane was like a seven fifty seven and that thing looked like a paper airplane.
Speaker 2: It was it was and the players like, oh, hey, they're back.
Speaker 9: You know, there's nothing that drives well, there's a lot of things that drive me crazy, but one of the things that I hate is when you're going through some serious like turbulence and people are like, whoa like having fun with that?
Speaker 4: Stop?
Speaker 11: I want to punch in the face.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 7: Plane down and dip and then next I didn't even notice the wing was just bouncing.
Speaker 2: I looked at it.
Speaker 9: Was Rob's hair was like this all the way up, you know, if you see it, if you guys know.
Speaker 2: Like it was like was next to him like a look, it's the moon again.
Speaker 3: And what it was like shutting it sounds like, you know, and so it's but like, weladd Houston and really Rob and I were thinking we got to fly through this going back home again. We just survived that door open. I looked at him, let's go, and he's like to think. I'm like, yeah, let's go. We can make it. We'll just get our backslater. We'll just jump down.
Speaker 9: And you know, getting off an airplane without you being told to do so. It's nearly impossible. Like you can, they will not let you get off.
Speaker 4: I want to say that.
Speaker 3: Rob and I were willing to spend time like we stare at jail or wherever we're at Houston's jail.
Speaker 10: Yeah, little Harris County jail for the night head.
Speaker 11: All right, just do And then what was your sense of relief?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'm gonna be real honest with you guys right now.
Speaker 7: I've not had a single moment of relief since I've been working here. There's always something that has been stressed.
Speaker 4: Every single moment of every single day.
Speaker 7: There is no relief because as soon as I think there's gonna be some relief, something else walks in my door and it creates more stress.
Speaker 10: I have a moment of relief for him. He I don't think we can shout out this restaurant because it's not a sponsorble there's a certain restaurant very close by. And when he'll go for lunch and he'll pick up a little ball and he will close that door. I see relief on his face when he closes that door.
Speaker 4: And then I open the door and the world comes back.
Speaker 11: On the plane when they starts pouring in the glass.
Speaker 2: He told the story on air. Are you allowed to about the saving the name the domain?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I've told that story. I think that.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: At some point Nick is like, we got to do a deep blue on that, and I'm like, that's I don't know if I'm ready to live that, relive that trauma.
Speaker 10: I don't think I know this.
Speaker 7: You've never heard the story about how Dallas Cowboys dot Com almost got got lost?
Speaker 10: I don't think so he put it on st segment.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we have no time.
Speaker 4: It's critical if we having a time, But it was.
Speaker 7: It was suffice to say there was a moment when Dallas Cowboys dot Com was available for anybody in the world to just go out and just purchase.
Speaker 4: You just go on Network Solutions and you just purchase it.
Speaker 7: It was available and uh, yeah, wow for how many minutes? Honestly, I don't know it was. It was less than a few hours, but it was a few hours.
Speaker 2: But it was overnight, right, Yeah, it was over.
Speaker 7: And ironically it was the night that the Packers that the Cowboys went to Green Bay and got destroyed, and the next day Wade Phillips got fired.
Speaker 4: So it all happened.
Speaker 7: And that's that's kind of the deep blue story, is you tell the whole story of that weekend and and how it all came about, and then all this other stuff that was happening behind the scenes that most fans. All they knew was they went to Dallas Cowboys dot com and they saw a picture of little girls playing soccer saying this domain is available or whatever it said.
Speaker 10: Right, that doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: Whole story.
Speaker 4: It's a whole story. Once again, my life, my life.
Speaker 2: There's a lot award. All right, you done?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 11: Sure the show.
Speaker 4: We can't end the show yet. We gotta I gotta go to final break.
Speaker 7: We'll come back and then we'll get some predictions and then we'll go eat us far.
Speaker 4: DALs Cowboys dot com radio.
Speaker 18: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys than on an LG O lead Evo TV. That's because everything you see is more lifelike, every play, every hit, I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines, that's how clear it is. It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black over eight point three million self lit pixels.
Speaker 10: No one comes close.
Speaker 18: Lgo led Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o Leedevo.
Speaker 5: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and.
Speaker 2: Off the field.
Speaker 5: Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official baggon turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 10: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold. Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious, ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone. The wins will be even tastier.
Speaker 4: It's a Pepper thing, and we're going to overtime. Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 17: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com, slash ericup by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only availble in the English language. Your chap maybe recorded and monitored for quality assurance, Message, data, raise, and additional terms may apply. Thank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 13: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast reliable, secure.
Speaker 14: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 9: Back to the break, you were gonna say, block change geez, LG oled evl is the best TV in the game, but don't take our word for it. Digital Trends said the Lgo led G four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. See it for yourself at LG dot com slash le evil.
Speaker 2: I would say that's disgusted.
Speaker 7: I would say so once again on brand on brand. All right, you guys, final segment of the show. More stress like is more stress It keeps coming, all right, This segment brought to you by Blockchain. Let's get some picks before we end the show. Let's go round the table. Tell me what you think. Who do you think is gonna win? Give me a final score?
Speaker 2: Start with you.
Speaker 10: Nick Evar had to take the games away on Fridays because I kept winning. But I'm five and one on I'm just letting you know I'm taking the Niners this week. I do think it's gonna be a close game, though, I think there is gonna be some confidence that the Cowboys can take out of this one. But the thing I look at specifically is the cowboys inability to create pressure and how that has affected or not affected the Niners offense this year, and so for that, I think I think the Niners want a close one here.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pick the Niners as well. I'm gonna go twenty six to sixteen on the final.
Speaker 9: The love for the Star wants me to pick them, but my head and what I've seen choose otherwise. So I think though it's gonna be a close game, though in my mind I see it being twenty three twenty Niners.
Speaker 7: This is when I rely on the football gods and how they typically operate. Every time everybody thinks one thing, I think the other does the other. And that's why I'm thinking Dallas wins this game on the road. They they shake that demon that is San Francisco and they get a win on the road twenty seventeen, and we'll see where it goes from there.
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh mak a Pittsburgh game.
Speaker 7: I did say they were gonna win one of these two games they lost to Detroit.
Speaker 4: Once they got to win this.
Speaker 10: We all had the Cowboys scoring twenty points or less. They've only done that twice this season, and they have not done that since the loss to the Ravens. It's scoring more than twenty, yes, more than twenty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so man, But what we know is after the bye they get it rolled all of a sudden, the roll. And you just told us Dalvin Cook you expect him, so hey, here we go. We got Dalvin Cook, we got CD and and back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 7: But the point is, I think there are gonna be some differences. We'll see some differences. Rather whether they win or lose. I think we'll see some differences. We'll see some things that they've changed up, and hopefully it's enough and we'll see how that goes. I do, I do too, and we'll be back on money. We'll tell you what all.
Speaker 11: Right, what happened to the fan questions? Derek?
Speaker 4: You took the You took the entire time.
Speaker 7: Fans call her, text her, email her, x her, whatever it is.
Speaker 4: All right, we appreciate you guys jokes. We're back on money.
Speaker 7: Well, we'll tell you what went right and wrong for the Cowboys. Still inf Nick Kris, Brian Bron, Amber Garcia. I'm Derek Eagleton. This has been The Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.