Speaker 1: You're listening to Ron and Nanian The Car Doctor, nationally recognized auto expert trusted by mechanics, weekend wrenchers and vehicle owners alike. Ron brings over forty years of hands on experience and deep industry insight to help you understand your vehicle. Join the Conversation Live every Saturday from two to four pm Eastern by calling eight five to five five six zero nine nine zero zero. That's eight five five five six zero ninety nine hundred, your direct line to honest answers and practical advice. Looking for more, visit cardoctorshow dot com for past episodes, repair tips, and Ron's latest insights, and be sure to subscribe to the Car Doctor YouTube channel for exclusive videos, real repair footage and more. Now start your engines. The Car Doctor is in the garage and ready to take your call.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure where to start this with you today. Thanks for being here. You know, one of my jobs as a mechanic is the next generation. It just is. But I've always really had that attitude. I don't think of other shops as competitors. I think we all have our strengths and weaknesses, and I think the greatest thing a mechanic can do in the course of his or her day is to help another mechanic, especially the next generation. I think it's our obligation. I really do. The older I get, the more I sit and I say to myself, you know, I want to in part some wisdom. I'm told I have wisdom. I'm told I've been around a while and I've got some smart things to say and do and show and be. I had to stop buy another shop this week, and when I walked in, Paul, one of the younger mechanics, not a newbie by any stretch, but you know, maybe he's been doing it twenty years, but you could see he was frustrated. He was putting parking break shoes on a late model Dodge Ram pickup truck. And Dodge and Ram is the same thing to me. So let's not get hung up on vernacular. Let's please no no, no Internet trolling and you can you know, there's nothing worse than a frustrated mechanic. And do I get frustrated? Sure? Do I get upset? Yeah? I bet I do, because I think I'm still human. And you know, but one of the things I've learned is that you can get upset and ticked off all you want, and when you recover, when you calm down, you still got to fix the car in front of you. It's still going to be there. So I've tried to get upset less and think more. And I think that's part of the repair process. I think that's something I'm obligated to do, and it's something I try to impart to everyone, not just the younger mechanics. It seems like maybe the younger mechanics or some of the younger mechanics need it more, but it's just something we're supposed to do, you know. And if I can find and I there are guys out there, there's guys out there smarter than me, I will sit and listen to them and understand their procedure and process and question why. And that's what makes me a better mechanic. You know. They always say, right, play tennis with someone that's better than you, because you'll rise to their level. And I really believe that's that's especially true with auto mechanics, because if you're fixing something in a shop and you know the guy next to you is smarter than you, more experienced than you, more wisdom than you, or maybe just his mind mechanically sees the problem clearer. You're going to benefit from that, you know. It's sort of like, why can one person play the guitar better than the other. The guitar is a very strange instrument to me, don't I don't get it. Seven strings, nine strings, whatever it is. They strum, they do this, they move the left hand, they move the right hand. I've watched people play guitar. It's fascinating. And yet I put a wrench in their hands and they're all thumbs. It's just it's proof of God, is what it is, right, because everybody has their strengths. So Paul struggling back to Paul with these parking braak shoes. He's struggling doing these shoes. And I can tell it's been a while by the number of curses coming out of his mouth. It's, you know, it seems like it's you know, when you get four or five rattling off right after the other, and he's cursing every engineer that ever designed a vehicle, including the ones that designed this one, and why would they make it like this? And I don't understand. And this company just just not not a pretty site. So I looked at him. I came around the corner before I went over to look at the car I was supposed to go look at, and I said, having a problem, and he just looked at me. He didn't press his case, And I said, what's going on that I can't say it here on radio blankety blankety blankety blankety truck and these blankety parking brake shoes. Well, let's look at this, I said, these are these are tough to do, all right, So you're not experiencing anything out of the ordinary. And I think it's important to tell somebody that right right away. We as human beings, you know, there's something we can't do. Oh my god, what's wrong with me? I'm defective. No, you're not defective either. You haven't done it before. You're having a bad day. Because we're all victims of society, right We're all victims of how we're traumatized by the morning or the afternoon, or a trigger something somebody says that we have to react to. But let's look at this. So I took the parking break shoes back off, and I left part of it together, and I unhooked the bottom and I watched what he had done, and I said, why don't we do it this way? And I showed him a different way to get the shoe over the axle and clip it in at the bottom. He'd been there twenty five minutes. I did it in three and a half. Start to finish, conversation over he just looked at me. Wow, and he didn't know what to say. And I said, listen, let me just be honest, all right, I said, you work here, I work over there. It doesn't matter. We're both trying to fix cars for a living. And I've never felt I've never felt harsh towards another shop. I will gladly help another shop. I don't care. I will explain everything I do and why. And I've had a lot of guys say to me, jee, I never thought of doing it that way. And I've had all the guys tell me I'm a jerk. And you know what, God bless you know. My truck runs, I know where I'm going, I know what I'm doing at the end of the day, and I don't worry about it. And he said, he said, how did you figure that out? And I said, because I sat here enough times struggling, and I've learned, How will I take it apart? Is probably the best way to approach something that I'm either not familiar with or it's my weakness, the things that I struggle with. And you know, it's that way working on cars, It's that way on life. It's that way being organized on Saturday morning? Do you take out the garbage, make breakfast, then make the better? Do you do it in reverse order or do you do it in some conglomeration of that? What do you do first? You have to figure it out. It's just like working on a car, it's like life. And he got into it. He got it right. It made sense to him, and we talked a little bit and one of the other texts came over in the shop more or less the shop form and if he is that? And he listened and he started watching. He was watching what I did, and he said, huh, I never thought of doing it that way. Yeah, I said, listen, you know that's I said. That's not why I'm here, I said, but I'm glad to show you guys something, because you know what, you'll show me something. And you know, that's how we all learn. And it's the collective think tank, and that's how it has to be, because you know, what a repair is very different today. In the sixties, in the seventies, every job was cookie cutter in a sense, right. Cylinder heads came off, cylinder heads went on, engines came in, engines went out. Tune ups were all the same points, plugs, condenser. You always had to set the points before you adjusted the timing. You always had to do the base mixture screws before you set the bas idle, and then you'd have to go back and do it again. There was always a procedure in a process. Today everything is so different, and the car the way you did the car before is so different than the next one. And it could be the same model year but a slightly different problem, perhaps a different software version. But the point is you're always learning and you have to look at it. When you're in a shop, when you're in a production situation, you've got to you gotta get You got to fix the car in front of you. That's what you're being paid to do. Paul looked at me and he said, how do you do that? And I said, you know, Paul, I keep one thing going in the back of my mind all the time. I consider myself a good mechanic. Every once in a while I get to be a great mechanic, And in my mind, the difference is a good mechanic will fix anything. A great mechanic figures out a better way to do it. Because I'm tired of getting burned, hurt, hung, you know, bogged down, and it's only a car, I'm not going to get upset about it because i still got to fix it. And I've learned that because I've stood up one time too many going yeah, okay, it's still here. You know, you come back in on Tuesday morning after that rough Monday, and you go, yeah, it's still here. I still got to fix this. So for my mechanics out there, even for I, do it Yourselfers, whoever you are, whatever you're doing, if you can teach somebody next generation, next level up, approach them with caution, Approach them with kindness, Approach them with a teaching mentality. Because the person you elevate today may come back and elevate you tomorrow. Because what we put out there in the universe comes back, and it feeds it to us ever so much all the time, and right now, like always, like most times, the world needs a little understanding. So remember that good mechanics get it done. Great mechanics figure out better ways to do it. I'm running Amy in the car doctor. The phone number here is eight five five five six oh nine nine zero zero. I'll be back right after this. Let's see where should we go? Let's uh, let's take it right out to Iowa and talk to Bill. Bill, how are you today this fine day?
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm great. I'm listening to your program, you sir, few comments that I'm going to make that I'm eighty two and holding and I was at a car show last summer, and guess what. I won the trophy for the longest owning car because I bought my thirty eight chival A in nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I still have it.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: And it's in stock condition when you look at it.
Speaker 2: What made you keep that car so long? Bill?
Speaker 3: Because I didn't know quite enough to do all the manual work of changing motors and all that. I knew just enough mechanics to get my tit and a ringer. And I listened to your program here to start today, and I don't know where we're going, but I'm so proud that I know just enough to keep my nineteen thirty eight Chivrolet sixth cylinder in running condition, doesn't I put a fifty six motor in it, and it has the vacuum advanced distributor. Can you relate to that? Sure?
Speaker 2: That was a big deal. I remember when they that was a huge deal. It was like they invented water. Yes, right, yep, yep.
Speaker 3: And so so I put radio. I put super tires on it and took the bias tires off a year ago, and it drives one hundred percent better with the radio tires. It's huntreal, you know what. I'd that's the first set of radios I have ever had on this car.
Speaker 2: You know, it gets me billt when I you know, I'll visit family in Pittsburg, and you know, I'll travel. I'll be on the road and you know, we'll go down to the Carolinas and the Outer Banks, you know, once a year. And I think about all these distances that we go in cars today that it's a shame cars go so fast because we just we just get in and we just zoom past all the good stuff. We don't enjoy. We don't enjoy the ride, we don't enjoy the scenery. And the other side of that is imagine driving in a nineteen thirty eighth chepro a from from from New Jersey to Pittsburgh or Iowa to New Jersey, and how long that would take and all kinds of weather, And now we just do it. You could You could probably make Iowa to New Jersey and what a solid day of driving, probably twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: Behind the wheil Oh, No, I ain't gonna do that. I drove my car in nineteen sixty five. I drove this car to California. How long did it take? Another buddy and we drove her all the way to California on Route sixty six, come into San Diego on ponder Rosa and camped out at Long each with my sister that was teaching school. And it was unimaginable that the enjoyment that we had driving this old car. We just put this this two thirty five six cylinder in it with dual intake elderbrock manifold that's got factory Corvette six cylinder headers on it. I'm still running that, but I got rid of the dual carburetors because this is before they had flexible fuel lines, right, And we had to have copper fuel lines. And when you shut when you idle this thing and pulled the hord, you wanted to get the fire extenditor because it was dripping fuel. But the minute you accelerated and took the pressure off, it ran clean.
Speaker 2: What other bill, what other bill? What other old cars have you owned? Do you miss any owner?
Speaker 3: No, that's the only car. That was my first car. I still got it. And I'm a farmer, and I have vintage tractors today, and we do vintage tractor rides today at twelve mile an hour on all types of terrain. And that is a mindset beside. It's un self because technology is so advanced today out here. It makes me scared. I'm so content with an old LG phone. I never put I never changed the ignition in my car to electronic ignition. They make it, But no, I haven't changed the points in that sucker for five years.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something, Bill, you think back, what's your what's the earliest car you remember?
Speaker 4: My dad had a Model A.
Speaker 3: He had a thirty two Model A sedan and when we drove it in the wintertime, there was no heater. But you dempened a little door to get hot air coming off for the manifold. It was a two door sedan and that would have been in the in the in the very early middle forties. And then he went and got him a Ford, like a forty six or forty seven Forward with the fast sedan with the curve back. And so that's that's my memory recall on cars.
Speaker 2: What's what's the newest car you've ever purchased?
Speaker 3: Uh? I don't think I've ever purchased a new car.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: We we have a uh what I want to say, We have a s UV whatever the wife drives all the time. And yeah, I don't even write it. Well it see, you know I got a I got a two thousand and seven Ford pickup plane as you can be, two wheel drive, air conditioning and everything, and I'm so content. I had to mentally now think about I've always drove a four wheel drive pickup in my career, and now I ended up getting a two wheel drive Forward two thousand and seven with less than eighty thousand miles on it.
Speaker 2: Bill bigs you Bill, how big is the farm? How big is the farm? Bill?
Speaker 3: Right now? We got two hundred and forty acres, but at one time I was farming a thousand acres aground and one hundred and eighty stockhows.
Speaker 2: And what are you what are you growing out there this year?
Speaker 3: Corn and bean corn?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, yeah, corn and beans.
Speaker 3: And the cow money is unimaginable, is so high, the cow calf operation is unimaginable. What's happened to our career in agriculture? And we plowed up all our our pastures we went to farming them. And I still have my home farm at two hundred and forty acres that I ran out row crop to one guy and I ran out the other to pasture and cows. And I'm content it's gonna be. I still are involved in some sort of form of agriculture today.
Speaker 2: And you've and you've still got your thirty eight Chevy which gives you the opportunity to tinker and play and do your thing. And a Bill, I tell you you you are you are one in a million, my friend. It's always good to hear from you, and I enjoy I enjoy your looks back and how it relates to things mechanical as well as everything else. You'd be well, have a great rest of the day. Bill I'm running any and the car doctor. We'll return right after this run.
Speaker 4: Keep you right.
Speaker 2: By the way. Who's taking the band on vacation? Tom me you I'm not taking them anywhere. I'm not taking them any job. I don't want them. Have you told them no? Okay? Well I guess they know now, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Let's let's go to John in California. John, how are you today, my friend? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: Ron?
Speaker 5: Well, five weeks ago or so, I think I called you about my twenty twenty Silverado at the five to three V eight and I had I had placed some what I think was what I thought was bad gas for my two thousand and three Silverados, that the rats had showed some holes into the fuel lines into the tank I'd collected. It was dripping pretty good and driving along. It conked down me flatbedded into the mechanic. We put on the lift. He dropped the tank to clean it out. That's what we thought it.
Speaker 2: Was, right, this was the fuel bit. Let's back up a second, John, This was the car that was Was it the twenty twenty that the animals had chewed the fuel line or it was a different vehicle?
Speaker 5: Well, it was the two thousand and three that the animals had chewed the fuel lining. But I put that gas into the twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Right, and we thought they had locked up. Right. We thought the gas from the We thought the gas from the three caused the engine in the twenty to lock up.
Speaker 5: That's right, Okay, that's the think you it was to go ahead. Yeah. So now it's been sitting there and you know, they get to it when they can type of thing. It's kind of a high volume shop. It's up on the lift and they started taking it apart to essentially bench the engine. I guess to see what was going on. All of a sudden it's unlocked. They you know, keep they go back and forth every once in a while to see what if it right miraculously would unlock, and it did. So now the question is we're did we go what what they've done is they've taken out the radiator and he said he took off one exhaust manifold. He took off the intake manifold, which would expose the fuel injectors. Right, because this is a GD I well.
Speaker 2: Went back up a second. Did they put a wrench, a socket and ratchet on the front of the motor and try turning it by.
Speaker 5: Hand, yes, suple times and finally it freed.
Speaker 2: And finally it freed because it was it was it was locked right.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, we had put a bunch of penetrating around the cylinders, Marvel, misterio, things like that, and finally it had it's it's free.
Speaker 2: When they when they when they took the spark plugs out to put whatever they were going to put in cylinders, did they do all the spark plugs? Did they do some of the spark plugs all of them? Okay? And no liquid came.
Speaker 5: Out, No liquid came out.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Then the answer is if if your question is what to do next, you're you're doing one of two things. If you put this together or when it was when it was more together, did you start it?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 2: Were you able to run this?
Speaker 5: Well? It was a crank, no start. And then they did the fuel tank.
Speaker 2: No, it was it was a no crank, no start.
Speaker 5: Oh, was a crank you could crank it. And then all of a sudden after they after it sat there for about a week, whether they're waiting for parts, it locked up for some reason. So it never was hot or anything like that. It was just it just locked up after they tried cranking it in the shop.
Speaker 2: This engine was mechanically locked. They put a they put a ratchet and a breaker bar or a ratchet in a socket on the front of the motor, and this engine was locked. That's right, okay, and then it mysteriously unlocked.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: I don't buy it. I'm just saying, I just don't buy it, brother, you know, so it's in my mind, would it do you think it had run? Right now? Well?
Speaker 3: I told him.
Speaker 5: He wants to talk to me on my but I told them, I said, why don't we clean the injectors or somehow have them going through?
Speaker 2: Whymen, why don't we just put it together?
Speaker 3: We can?
Speaker 2: Why don't we just put it together and see if it runs?
Speaker 5: We can? Yep, we can.
Speaker 2: And if it runs and it's quiet, then maybe we can talk about, you know, what possibly failed. You know, the only thing I can think of in this situation is without getting into you know, did something happen in the trans cause the engine to lock up? And I've seen that in my career. I've seen bad torque converters, I've seen trans problems create engine problems. I've been down that road, but I'm trying to keep it simple. Did we did we have an injector pe fuel for lack of a better way to put it, and it just locked the cylinder hydrostatic lock possible?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I thought going through them.
Speaker 2: If well, but will you actually see it? And there's the question which one do you want to see? Do you want to take them all apart? Or you know, if you're closer to putting it together and seeing it run, because the only other the only other option is are you really going to take out all eight injectors and go I see nothing, they flow good, they're fine, and then put it together.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm nutty enough to say yes.
Speaker 2: But would you be more inclined to take the engine apart the rest of the way?
Speaker 5: Now you're getting into some heavy duty.
Speaker 2: Well right, yeah, so don't we don't we want to know if this runs? What if you what if you stop what you're doing, put it together, and you're it runs and it's got a rod knock?
Speaker 5: Well, then yeah, okay, you got a.
Speaker 2: Right, you got a problem. So so are we? You know, this reminds me of the story Coach Holtz. Lou Holtz tells in his book you know Lou Holtz, the coach from Notre Dame, and he tells a story about growing up in Ohio and him and his buddies. They would swim across the river to the other side. They get at the Kentucky and whoever was last would have to walk back and get the car, so the others didn't. And him and his buddies they start out and he always he always happy to go and bring this one guy along because he knew he could beat that guy. They get three quarters of the way across and the guy's like, I can't make it. I got to turn back, And Colcholt says, you know, we're closer to this shore than we are to that shore. Why don't you just keep going? And that's that's what I'm saying to you. Are you closer, are you closer to getting it started or are you closer to taking the engine out of the car in terms of man hours? To which direction do you want to go?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're closer to getting get started, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: So if you're closer to getting it to the point where you could start it, start it. Yeah, Okay, the damage is done, right theoretically, whatever happened happened. Yeah, all right, but you know, the damage is done. And then what I would do is I would look at vitals, fuel trim, misfire rate. I would pay very careful attention to mode six data. Mode six is going to be the information before the problem happens. All right, I'd be in the back of my mind. Remember this phrase, cars whisper then they scream. You know what sort of information can we get from a scan tool? Can we get on the OBD two side? Can we get on the manufacturer side that will tell us, Hey, this cylinder is a problem. Maybe number seven injectors P and fuel and eventually it's gonna you know, eventually it's going to create a lock on the cylinder. But if you go to crank it and halfway through trying to crank it and start it, it locks up and it comes to a screech and halt. Yeah, because you've got to think go back to the original cause. Right, let's say it was bad fuel. By the way, did the three run when you parked it before the animals got to it?
Speaker 5: Run's fine? Yeah, run round good? Then it runs fine.
Speaker 2: Now, so theoretically, the fuel that came out of the tank. You only took out of the tank because you didn't want it to drain on the ground.
Speaker 5: That's correct, right, And.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you didn't. You know. This isn't like if the fuel ran out of the tank and there was undercoating and dirt and debris. You didn't put dirty gas in your tank. You're not You're smart, you know, right, you can dial a phone. You possess common sense, right, So I think you're so close. You're so close, John, I say, put it together. Be aware, right, you know you got a fifty to fifty shot here, So take your gamble, toss a coin. I say, put it together. And if it runs great and runs fine, and you can't prove anything Mode six, you can't prove anything misfired data. You can't prove anything wrong with this engine, which I don't think is going to be the case. I run a couple of bottles of fuel system cleaner through the tank over time. Did we pick up something crummy in the fuel? Did we pick up a sticking injector? Did we cause an injector to stick? And watch it? But I think because when it's not injectors, when you flow the engectors and find out. Hey, the injectors flow fine and there's no issues. Where do you go next? Then do you put it together? You're closer to the other shore. It's a longer swim back. Let's put it together and see it run. Call me let me know, ay five five, five, six nine nine zero zero, I'm running any of the car doctor, I'll be back right after this. Hey, cruising along this hour, Let's go over to Let's go to ed eleven hond a pilot. Uh oh ed, what happened here?
Speaker 4: Good afternoon, Ron, and thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, sir.
Speaker 4: My daughter was driving home from Worwick the other day and the kay just dies in the middle of the road. Long story shot. We had a towed to a shop in the timing belt shredded. Okay, So now we're looking for an engine. Can you recommend a reputable place to purchase an engine?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you it's really I can. But let me just tell you this. Let me just tell you my thoughts. It's amazing how hard it is to get a replacement engine for a Japanese vehicle, Honda's in particular, unless you're buying it right out of Honda, and if you buy it right out of Honda, I've seen five to eight thousand dollars for replacement engines. It's crazy. And I've been told that the reason a lot of Hondas don't get rebuilt out in the field is because of the complexity of the cylinder heads alone, the valve train, all sorts of special tooling to you know, seal the valves, do the valves, repair the heads. You've really got to be doing Honda's or nothing else. I'm told by a lot of the engine builders. Is that true. I haven't looked at it lately, but that was the original story I used to hear over time.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you, how long should a timing belt last? He had it replaced almost duty thousand miles ago.
Speaker 2: It's not long enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was replaced with OEM Honda Potts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's more to this story. Something's not right.
Speaker 4: The shop that is working on it now claims that whoever did it prior did not do it because he said he can tell that the water pump was not touched. The tensioner. The Yeah, the tensioner was not replaced, but I mean it's he said he said.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, right, is anything seized or bound up or.
Speaker 4: Well, he put a new belt in, it started up, and of course it's making a hell of a clanging noise because the valves are hitting the cylinders.
Speaker 2: Hit right, the valve.
Speaker 4: It bent the valve, yeah, hit pistons.
Speaker 2: So yep.
Speaker 4: He shut it right off and says, you got to get an engine.
Speaker 2: Have you Have you talked back to the other shop.
Speaker 4: Well, my daughter sent a picture of the belt and told him, you know, FYI shouldn't this last longer than thirty thousand miles? And he hasn't responded yet. And that was a week ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And how long ago was thirty thousand miles? Within a year, two.
Speaker 4: Years, about a year and a half.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's just not long enough. Right now, I'm going to say this, I can't say it's workmanship because if the belt, you know, if the belt was put on him properly, it would have failed a lot sooner than a year and a half and thirty thousand miles. So the burden of proof comes down to, you know, if he forgot to tighten the tension or bolt, if you forgot to tighten any bolt, if he you'd see it in two weeks, right you know. So now the burden of proof is is that a replacement? You know, did they replace parts? And you know you can tell if the thirty thousand miles that that water pump is going to be shinier aluminum than the rest of the head than the rest of the block. You know, you may not see it in the belt, but you'll see it in the pump. You'll see it in the tensioners and such. So you know, how well did she know the other shop? Does she have any recourse? That's a conversation you have to have with this guy. The fact that he hasn't gotten back to you unfortunately, that might be your answer.
Speaker 4: There's a place the shop is her in law's best friend.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Never never never do listen, Never do business with friends and family. It just changes money, changes relationships. It does. So do this real quick. Let me let me tell you this. So there's a place in New Jersey. I've never used them, but I hear good things about them. I believe it's JDM Engines. Go out in Google search used Honda Engines. They deal with Honda Toyota. Some of the major Japanese cars, and they seem to have a pretty good rep. They seem to have quite an inventory. You can call them up and talk to him, and I think you'll find what you're looking for there. And you know, if they don't, if they don't have what you want, then wherever you get it from, just ask what's the guarantee and can they verify the mileage and so forth, and then work your way backwards from that. I'm sorry to hear it, ed. I wish you all the best. I'm ronnin Ai and the car Doctor. We'll be back right after this. Hey, So I want to leave them with these parting thoughts. You know, we were talking about this this week in the shop. If you if you go out to our Facebook page or Instagram at Ron and Inian, you'll see we posted a video this week of a Toyota presented for repair and service and the inside of the car has mold in it. And you got to watch the video and understand what it's saying and where is the obligation of the repair shop. Where is that line? Where is that moment where the shop says, I'm not working on this because it's a hazard. It's a hazard to our health. I got in that car and I drove it from out in front of the shop into the parking lot, and my lungs were burning. It was almost like I was standing in the middle of a forest fire, the way you know you smoke inhalation, that burning sensation. I think we've got to face the fact that, you know what, and we need to talk about this from the perspective of there's an obligation on the consumer to present a vehicle in some kind of condition for repair. It's got to have gas in it, right. We talked about that last week. You got to stop bringing cars in on E. You got to stop bringing cars in on E because if you're a chronic drive the car down to E kind of person, you've got to understand, don't be surprised when at sixty or seventy thousand miles way shorter than normal lifespan, your mechanics says, hey, you need a fuel pump because the pump burned up from excessive heat. Because that's what fuel does. Got to bring a car in with fuel. You got to bring in a car clean enough that somebody could lay on the floor and change a cabin filter or ride around in it without getting a hazard to their health. I'm ronning any in the car doctor. The mechanics aren't expensive, they're priceless.
Speaker 4: See hey, he's a car doctor.
Speaker 2: Car advice to ride