Speaker 1: How happy New Year.
Speaker 2: You see that number right there, right, it's one million plus. That means one million subscribers plus for the steven A.
Speaker 1: Smith Show. Can't thank y'all for the love and supporting number.
Speaker 2: But that ain't why I'm here today. It's a new year, new show. Lots of stuff going on. Got a lot of stuff to get into. Okay, I got Jimmy Butler to get into, all right, I got chad Ocho Sinko stuff to get into.
Speaker 1: Plus I have a very very special guest.
Speaker 2: She's a dear friend of mine, and she's about to invade the ear waves, don't you know?
Speaker 1: Don't don't that fellas Relax? Calm that held down you and she's taking all right. But she'll be here.
Speaker 2: And oh, by the way, my knuckleheaded ass nephew's gonna be here too.
Speaker 1: It's a new year.
Speaker 2: We'll try to be nice. Who knows what I'm in for. It's all gonna be fun. Steven A Smith Show in the house. Let's roll. What's up, everybody? Welcome to the latest edition of The steven A. Smith Show, coming at you as I love to do, at the very least three times a week over the digital airwaves of YouTube and of course iHeartRadio. As I started off by saying in my cold open, we have now eclipsed over one million subscribers to the steven A. Smith Show channel right here over the digital airways of YouTube, and of course we've had millions of downloads over the last few months on iHeartRadio. The love and support that you all have given the show, I can't thank you enough. My gratitude knows no limits. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you will continue to support the show. You keep on coming with your support. Now I'm gonna keep on coming. To continue to like and follow the show. Just click the bell to get notified for all of our new content, and you too shall be the latest member of the steven A.
Speaker 1: Smith Show family. And while you're.
Speaker 2: Doing that, even though the holiday season is beyond us now and we're into year twenty twenty five officially, that doesn't mean my book's going anywhere. New York Times best selling book Straight Shooter, A Memoir of Second Chances and First Takes now in paperback Straight Shooter Book dot Com to get yourself a copy. Wants to get in that Straight Shooter Book dot Com to get yourself a copy. I hear it's highly motivated. I was just saying, this is what they're saying, we're going to go with that. Got a lot of stuff to get into today, got a lot of interesting folks to talk to, so I can't wait to get started. But before I do any of that, I feel compelled to start off today's show with some news because Jimmy Butler, star of the Miami Heat, is making some noise. There have been rumors over the last several weeks that indeed he wanted out, even though his agent, Bernie Lee, had denied it at that time. Nevertheless, it's been made official because we heard from Jimmy Butler himself, and boy did we all hear from him. When he spoke up, it was not that pleasant. If you are pat Riley in the Miami Heat, this does not seem to be a star that wants to stay in this South Beach. Nevertheless, you don't usually hear such things from a player playing for Ley, but you heard it last night.
Speaker 1: Listen for yourself.
Speaker 3: I want to see me get my joy back from playing basketball, and wherever that may be, we'll we'll find out here pretty soon. But I want to get my joy back. I'm happy here, you know, off the court, but I want to be back to somewhere dominant. I want to hoop and I want to help this team win. Right now, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: Can you get your joy back here on the court? Probably not, Damn, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: I've been covering the NBA for close to thirty years. In that time, I don't recall hearing anybody that has played for Pat Riley when pat Rally was a coach, since pat Rally has been president of the basketball operations that have spoken that defiantly against an organization run by Pat Raley.
Speaker 1: It has never happened. Well, it's happened now.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Butler wants out, and I'm here to tell you I can't blame him. When you look at the Miami Heat presently a top six seed in the Eastern Conference, seventeen to fifteen, two games over five hundred at the time that we are recording this show. Nevertheless, nobody has them in the championship equation. And when you listen to Jimmy Butler, what essentially is it that he is saying. I'll tell you what he's saying he're saying, we're not very good and we're not going to compete for a championship. We're likely not better than the Milwaukee Bucks, We're probably not better than the New York Knicks, we definitely ain't better than the Cleveland Cavaliers, and we damn sure ain't better than a reigning defending NBA champion Boston Celtics. In other words, we have no chance at this particular juncture with the team that we presently have.
Speaker 1: In this assemble.
Speaker 2: If you are the Miami Heat, you can be a bit salty for how Jimmy Butler has chosen to handle this, and we would all understand that, but respectfully, how wrong is he? We hadn't heard anything from Jimmy Butler up to this point. And when we look at pat Riley, a person that I've known for you years, that I revere and I have a lot of love and respect for, even have him in my book Straight Shooter, in terms of the contribution he's made to my life and my career, there is no getting around the fact that pat Riley, the Great pat Riley, the Winner Within that was the name of the book that he authored, The Winner Within, who's been a champion on every level, as a player, as a coach, as a president of basketball operations. This man knows how to win, and he knows how to build a culture, and he knows how to have structure in order to an organization.
Speaker 1: He is a leader, and there's no question about that.
Speaker 2: But when it comes to Jimmy Butler, or the Jimmy Butler ever in Miami, one could easily ask what have you done for him lately?
Speaker 1: Bam out of Bayer can play.
Speaker 2: But this is not Joe Ellen, Biid, Nicola Yokich to somebody of that caliber that we're talking about. Okay, let's just get that out of the way right now.
Speaker 1: That's not what's going on here. And when you look at Jimmy Butler, a player option for next season, the fifty two point.
Speaker 2: Four one million, who's being paid over forty nine million. Now just look at some of the stats. Look at this here. Think about it. Minutes per game thirty point eight, fewest since twenty twelve, twenty and thirteen, scoring average seventeen point six, lowest since twenty thirteen, twenty and fourteen. Now you would look at those numbers to say, well, Jimmy Butler, that's on you right?
Speaker 1: Uh uh hold on brother shooting fifty five.
Speaker 2: Percent for the field fifty eight percent on two pointers, which means that when you give him.
Speaker 1: The ball for him to shoot the basketball.
Speaker 2: It goes in more times than it doesn't. Why isn't he getting it more? Why am I looking at a usage rate of twenty point three percent for the Miami Heat, which is the.
Speaker 1: Lowest on the team. Some dude named.
Speaker 2: Heyward Highsmith has a higher usage rate than Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 1: How how it makes no sense?
Speaker 2: Tyler hero can ball, but he shoots difficult shots at timso shots elections, leaves a lot to be desired. Bam out of bar ball, but he's not that kind of a stud offensively.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Butler's the one.
Speaker 2: That got you the two NBA finals in a four to five year period, and what has he been clamoring for over the last three summers or so?
Speaker 1: Help? Now you're to Miami Heat.
Speaker 2: You had an opportunity to get Kevin Durant didn't work out. You had an opportunity to get Damian Lillard didn't work out. Not only did you not get Damian Little, not only did you not get Kevin Durant, but it's in the aftermath of losing Lebron James because Lebron James felt that it was too tight of a ship that pat Riley was running. I don't know how true that is, because we all know that, like the Lebron James had aspirations to go back to Cleveland and make amends for the party from them before delivering a championship to the city who was enduring the fifty two year cursed before he ended it in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: But still, in all it leaves the question what help has Jimmy Butler got. The answer is minimum, and because of that.
Speaker 2: Is why he's probably said enough and why he spoke out is because after acknowledging that he wanted out, pat Rally came out last week and said.
Speaker 1: We ain't trading them.
Speaker 2: So he's making it clear I don't want to be here, and if he doesn't want to be there, why keep him there? To me, it's very very simple, ladies and gentlemen. I don't think there's anything to think about here. When I think about Jimmy Butler his four options that he would prefer Phoenix Suns, Golden State Warriors, Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets number one, number two. He's probably worried that par Rally gonna send them someplace that he don't want to go to, to a MORI enfranchised, mired than basketball purgatory that has a shot in hell of winning anything. Because when you speak out, pat Rally's not gonna do you any favors.
Speaker 1: Now. But if I'm Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Butler, or shall I say, if I'm one of those teams interested in Jimmy Butler, listen, there's a case that could be made. Jimmy Butler with Luca and Kyrie. Yeah, I don't know if you need that, but it's not a losing proposition. Jimmy Butler with the Houston Rockets, a young team, Yeah, he can help their veteran leadership, but they already got Dylan Brooks and Fred Van Vliet.
Speaker 1: But Jimmy Butler doesn't hurt. Let's call it what it is.
Speaker 2: The Golden State Warriors. Steph Curry, you need another Klay Thompson. You don't need a Jimmy Butler in my estimation, even though Jimmy Butler with Traymond Green in the same locker room, that's some fire for you, bro. That could go either way, but I think it would be a positive more so than the negative personally, because I think they're both winners. The ideal landing spot for Jimmy Butler is the Phoenix Sons.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to be disrespectful.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you what I know based on reporting on the league for all of these years. The Phoenix Son's an ultra talented team with a lot of offensive firepower. Nevertheless, they are considered a team as soft as cottonlt tissue. Nobody is concerned about their toughness, and toughness is what gets it done for you in the playoffs. If you are the Phoenix Sons, you should get on your knees if you have to, and beg Bradley bial to wave that no trade clawes and take his ass to Miami, so no state income taxes there.
Speaker 1: The weather is.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, along with various other things that we won't mention here, and you should look forward to go on the South Beach, No state in come taxes, warm weather, got hurricanes in the summer time and stuff like that. But Demmi, you ain't gonna be there. You're gonna be in one island, one island or another. You know I'm saying, wonderful wife, wonderful family, Bradley Bill's good people. Go to Miami. Dog go to Miami. Let Jimmy Butler go out to Phoenix, Arizona. Because Jimmy Butler in that locker room with Kevin Durant and Devin b as his teammate, with Mike Budenholzer as a coach, with skilled but soft ass Nurkics as.
Speaker 1: Your big man.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something that culture would change quick fasten than Ari.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm at with Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Butler should be a Phoenix son. It's brun the rest of Phoenix's hierarchy.
Speaker 1: Do what you.
Speaker 2: Can to get your hands on Jimmy Butler, and then you won't be in the middle of things in the Western Conference.
Speaker 1: You'll be at the top of the heap. You feel what I'm saying. My next topic.
Speaker 2: Has to be Sakwon Barkley, only in this regard, I'm kind of disgusted. He's a star running back for the Philadelphia Eagles. He's rushed over two thousand yards. Six of the eight previous players to rush for two thousand yards all reached the postseason but only one of them played in the Super Bowl, which was Terrell Davis, who won the Super Bowl in nineteen ninety eight with the Denver Broncos. What Saquon Barkley has accomplished this year is incredible, no doubt about it. But he's sitting out the last game of the season because the Eagles want to make sure that he's ready for the players.
Speaker 1: That he doesn't get injured, so you're trying to protect him. As a result, he's one.
Speaker 2: Hundred and one yard shot of the all time single season.
Speaker 1: Russian record set by Eric Dickerson, and he's not going to get an opportunity to go for it because.
Speaker 2: They want to arrest them now the most circumstances.
Speaker 1: I will completely understand that. Here's my issue. It's the running back position.
Speaker 2: It's the one position in the National Football League where, no matter what numbers you produce, no matter how extraord whenever your season is, they look at your birth certificate and say, oh, you're thirty, You done. We ain't invested in you long term. We're not paying you, We're not making that investment in you. Your birth certificate is collected too much dust.
Speaker 1: We ain't messing with that by this is what they do. Remember de marcol Murray.
Speaker 2: With the Dallas Cowboys years ago, Remember when they gave him the ball three hundred and ninety two times.
Speaker 1: The brother was.
Speaker 2: An eagle after that because they said, Yo, we don't need you, We used you up, and now we're gonna throw you out with the bath water. The Giants, the New York Giants, that pathetic, moribund franchise that's contaminating the city of New York and all of northern New Jersey worse than the damn swamps, and it's surrounding areas. That's how much the stench from the New York Gumpants has smelled up East Bruther for New Jersey, which is right by the liquor tunnel. That New York Giants squad.
Speaker 1: They had hard knocks on television last year. They talked about Sa Kwan Parkley like he was nothing. Then they said let him go, we don't need him. Push them right out the door.
Speaker 2: Advertised it damn near monked them act like, yo, we don't care. It is after you gave Daniel Jones forty million, the same Daniel Jones that you ultimately benched.
Speaker 1: Before you let him go. That dude.
Speaker 2: You gave him four years, one hundred and sixty million, forty million park.
Speaker 1: You couldn't pay Sacon Parkley.
Speaker 2: He has an opportunity to go up against that team this Sunday, and you're not letting them do it.
Speaker 1: These bad taste in my mouth.
Speaker 2: Now, I know you're kind of worried because it's like, all right, he might get hurt.
Speaker 1: Did it ever occur to you.
Speaker 2: The Giants might let him get the yardage because they just as pissed off of the organization that they let him go.
Speaker 1: As he was never No.
Speaker 2: I mean, if Brett Falk could sit up there and give Michael straight hand that sack like Mark Gastano was crying about as if straight hand in having an illustrious career before that damn last sack breaking.
Speaker 1: The all time single season sack reckon.
Speaker 2: I mean, if something like that could happen, and I'm not saying it did.
Speaker 1: Who's said that the Giant's gonna do the same thing with sain Kwon Barkley this weekend.
Speaker 2: By the way, game's gonna be in Philadelphia at Link Financial Field. You think the offensive lineman don't want to block for sain Kwon Barkley. They don't want to wear as a badge of honor. Those were the individuals that blocked for the all time single season rushing leader.
Speaker 1: You don't think they want that.
Speaker 2: What stinks about this is that the running back position has been has been minimized and diminished for years. And this dude went out this season and reminded you just what the hell of running back and do for a team. And he wasn't the only one. Dereck Henry did it too, Josh Jacobs did it too, but especially Saquon Barkley really really stinks, really really stinks that this has happened to him.
Speaker 1: But I'll say this Nick Sirianni, head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, So be it, bro, you go ahead and do your thing. I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: This this man, say Quon Barkley is one of nine players in league history to rush for two thousand yards in the season.
Speaker 1: I told you about the other eight.
Speaker 2: Let me say this to you, since you made this decision, you better win that. You better win this shit bill God, theren win the NFC. Be'll going to super Bowl.
Speaker 1: You better not be home for the Super Bowl. And Sakwa Barkley didn't get the record. I know that much. I know that much.
Speaker 2: Let me transition to a different subject, even though it's gonna be in the world of sports. Okay, put me over here on this can replease? I have seen myself on the big screen right now. Got to talk about this.
Speaker 4: This is about a football player who had Hall of Fame credentials, who once donned a Hall of Fame jacket on the sidelines when he was catching touchdowns for the Cincinnati Biggles before his career went in a different direction, having to go to New England and play.
Speaker 1: With Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. I'm talking about the one and.
Speaker 2: Only Chad O Cho Sinko, famous these days for being the co host.
Speaker 1: Of Nightcap with My Man Shannon's show. He was on video.
Speaker 2: Talking about a uh breakup with his girlfriend, I suppose, and he was talking about some things, pretending about how she left him.
Speaker 1: You don't believe me. Take a look for yourself, please, Why are you breaking with that beautiful girl?
Speaker 5: Nigga? Have you seen men?
Speaker 6: Look at me?
Speaker 7: She left this.
Speaker 8: Look look at this.
Speaker 6: This means look at look at this fucking chocolate.
Speaker 8: Chocolate.
Speaker 6: It's not any kind Its really lock of chalklate.
Speaker 8: She left, she left this.
Speaker 6: Thank you, you know left me.
Speaker 9: She left you when I'm in my season too, my season.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, Let me say a couple of things real quick. Number one, I'm proud of my brother chad O Joe Cinko. He's been through a lot in life, He's overcome a lot in life, and to see what he's doing on a man Sharnon Sharp is admirable. I love seeing last week chad O Cho Sinco in those commercials previewing a Monday night football game.
Speaker 1: I love seeing that.
Speaker 2: I love seeing him on this Inside the NFL show where Ryan Clark and Bill Belichick and.
Speaker 1: All of those guys. I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that because Chado Josinko has a phenomenal personality. As far as I'm concerned, He's made for this business, made for television, and I will never root against him.
Speaker 1: He worries me, though.
Speaker 2: When he talks about these subjects, because you never know what kind of stuff people might bring up about him.
Speaker 1: And don't I worry about him because I root for him all the time. So I get the whole sexual chocolate thing. I got that. I feel you on that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, ain't nothing wrong with a confident brother, but be careful about how much you're willing to talk about yourself in that regard. You never know when stuff can come back to on. That's just my thinking in today's generation. You know what I'm saying, and I leave it at that. But that's my man, that's my dog, and I root for him all the time. And I'm not commenting about who he's in a relationship with or whatever. But I'll give him credit for this. I have never seen him with anything less than a die piece ever ever.
Speaker 1: The band got good tasted, the man.
Speaker 2: Got good tastes in turns of beauty, he's got good taste.
Speaker 1: I give him that.
Speaker 2: Anything outside of that, I think it's important that I shut the hell up and leave it to a woman to come in here and touch on these issues, not only somebody that's smart and been educated, but accomplished as a journalist as well. Some of you might have heard from her, particularly of you down south, particular Atlanta.
Speaker 1: You might have heard of Tory Cooper before.
Speaker 2: But in case you have it, you're about to, and I assure you I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Speaker 1: I'll let her comment on this.
Speaker 2: It's a little less risk gay for her to talk about these things than made. But that's just how I feel about it. Want y'all le met a buddy of MoMA. She's in the house. If I could let my knucklehead and nephew on the show with no credentials alright, who calling himself the brownie James or the media? Remember that if I could let his no credential have an ass on the show, I can certainly let her on the show.
Speaker 1: Wait till you see her, Wait till you hear from her. She's up next.
Speaker 2: She'll provide a proper perspective on a few things. Chad Ocho Sikre just being one of them. The first thing, but certainly not the last.
Speaker 1: Stick around. Steven A. Smith Show in the House with my special guest up next. All right, y'all, listen up.
Speaker 2: Do you know that the NFL playoffs are right around the corner and that we are smacked in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of the NBA season. So with all this action going on, The Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith Show wants to make sure you take advantage of it all. That's why we've partnered with Prize Picks, the best place to get real money action while watching your favorite sports you see. With Prize Pecks, you pick two or more of your favorite players and then you simply select the more or less.
Speaker 1: On the projected stats for the game.
Speaker 2: Pick Joe Burrow's passing yards, Lebron's total assist and Adam Fox's total time on the ice.
Speaker 1: All in the same entry. And to celebrate the start of the new.
Speaker 2: Year, Prize Picks is given everyone a free twenty five dollar lineup to utilize and start the year off right. Members can opt in by midnight on January fifth to make sure they're not missing out. And now with Prize Picks, you can win up to one thousand times your money. So download the app today and use code say Yes to get fifty dollars It's the League. After you play your first five dollar lineup again, the download the app and use code says to get fifty dollars instantly after your first.
Speaker 1: Five dollar lineup Prize Picks. Run your game. Now, let's look at my picks for today.
Speaker 2: First up, Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson facing Miles Garrett in the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 1: Defense more or less than two hundred and four and a half passing yards.
Speaker 2: Look as Lamar Jackson, Cleveland has nothing to lose, and I know their defense and get out there and Reek Havoc. I understand what their potential is. Offensively, they stink. So as a result of that, they're gonna give the offense to Baltimore Ravens a more opportunity because they ain't gonna spender too much time on the field. That's gonna give Lamar Jackson opportunity, an opportunity to operate. You got two hundred and four and a half passing yards. That ain't much for the two time league MVP of the.
Speaker 1: National Football League to accumulate.
Speaker 2: We go go with more on this run here more for Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 1: Next up, we've got Bengals.
Speaker 2: Quarterback Joe Burrow going up against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: More or less than two hundred and eighty five and a half passing.
Speaker 2: Yards thrown to Jamal Chase.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Jamal Chase? Have you seen what this brother can do? Have you seen the sixteen.
Speaker 2: Hundred plus yards he's accumulated, the fifteen sixteen touchdowns that he's accumulated. Have you seen Joe Burrow in a month of December, completing seventy five percent of his passes, throwing for over sixteen hundred yards, got fifteen damn touchdowns. This is Joe Burrow we're talking about here. Of course, we got to go more. Even though it gets about Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 1: Which hurts me. I still got to go with more on this one, all right? Next up, steal his signal caller.
Speaker 2: Russell Wilson facing the Cincinnati Bengals secondary more or less than two hundred and thirty and a half passing yards.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm a bit reticent about this.
Speaker 2: I don't like the chemistry that exists or doesn't exist between him and George Pickens right now. I don't know if another receiver you can rely upon if you're Russell Wilson right now, I don't know where the hell of running game has gone With Warren and obviously Naji Harris, the offensive line has been absolutely suspect. Cincinnati's defense is suspect, no doubt, but they do get pressure on the quarterback, led by this kid Hendrickson, Who's what is it, fourteen sacks on the season, leading the National Football I still got to go with more because I gotta believe in Russell Wilson.
Speaker 1: You're lost three straight.
Speaker 2: You don't want to go into the players for the four game loser streak. I think that's what the Steelers are riding on right now there on their home turf in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with more on this one.
Speaker 2: Finally, New York Giants quarterback Drew Locke playing the Philadelphia Eagles in Philly more or less than one hundred and ninety three and a half passing yards. Look, I don't expect most of the steel of the Philadelphia Eagles starters to be playing, and I get that part, but damn, as far as I'm gonna serg jew Locke in't a starter. I mean, he lucky to be in the damn lineup. I'm of the mindset that I'm looking at it and I'm saying I'm not expecting big things from anything associated with the New York Giants.
Speaker 1: Then a lucky Saquon Barckley ain't playing, or you lucky.
Speaker 2: Having said all of that, that's why we're going with less. I don't have any expectations for.
Speaker 1: The New York Giants.
Speaker 2: I hope my man is true that straight hand is gonna be the new GM.
Speaker 1: I believe in that, brother.
Speaker 2: I don't like anything else that I've seen with this more abunenfranchise, and I'm not sold on the Giants. Everything about theim shit be less, including ticket prices to their customers since they've been robbing.
Speaker 1: Them for years.
Speaker 2: But since that's not the case, all I can do is point out that when it comes to jew lock and one hundred and ninety three and a half passing yards, I'm going to have to go with less. That's rare because when I'm talking prospects, I'm usually talking more, as in more money in your pocket.
Speaker 1: It's why they represent this show. We appreciate that very very much. Welcome back to the Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith Show right here with the digital areas of YouTube and the course of our Heart Radio. You know, when I'm usually sitting up here, when I have a guest, that's usually not someone that's in studio. On a rare occasion that there has been somebody in studio, whether it's a Tay Diggs, or it's an Ariva Martin, or it's an Ebony K.
Speaker 1: Williams, you know that usually stops there.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of friends, and I got a dear friend sitting next to me right now. She's been waiting to come on this show because most of the time she's disagreeing with me.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can believe that, but she actually disagrees with me. But she has the credibility to.
Speaker 2: Disagree with me because she's a renowned journalist, very reputabullet what she does.
Speaker 1: The one and only Tory Cooper, How are you? How's everything?
Speaker 10: I'm doing great?
Speaker 2: So you finally you're finally at the You're finally on the show right now? I mean, why is it you said to me you wanted to come on because sometimes I just don't agree with you?
Speaker 1: Is that true? You really don't agree with me?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Sometimes I just really don't.
Speaker 1: Why not? I mean, how could you possibly disagree with me?
Speaker 11: I mean because I have an opinion and it's not the same as yours, especially in the relationship space. Okay, So I figured, why not we can poke him a little bit, get some questions answered. Got a little curiosity, like I like knowing where you fall on certain things?
Speaker 10: You know, and I see people come on here, tell the truth.
Speaker 1: You go back to your man.
Speaker 2: You go back to your man because I know you have a wonderful fiance and all that. You go and so you go back to your man, and what you do is you go to him and and you tell him what I said, so you could get a feel from him as to whether I'm right or not.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 10: I don't know if I'm that balance. I don't know if I'm that balance.
Speaker 11: But you know, we do talk about some of the topics I've talked about with you and where you fall on things. He's been watching you for fifteen years, so he understands where you're probably gonna fall on things.
Speaker 10: But he's a little different than you.
Speaker 1: He's a little different.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's is he different? Well, for startings, he's a bit younger.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, ed okay, so I'm old old hey now.
Speaker 1: You okay, okay, okay, okay, we'll go with that. We'll go with that.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this because I want you to tell the orders before we get into because I got to get to you about what you saw with chad Ocho Sako, along with a couple of other topics. Just give some people your background because I don't just let anybody I know. I left my knucklehead and nephew, but I love him to death, and he is smart, he is talented, and I love him to death. But you know, you are a seasoned journalist. I want you to tell people about your background.
Speaker 10: Yeah. So, spent ten years as a news.
Speaker 11: Anchor andorter, working from the back of the camera all the way to the front of the camera. Started off in Denver, played soccer Division one soccer. I played for the University of Georgia, the University of Colorado Boulder, and then you know, after that, I had some professional soccer opportunities, and then I realized that I didn't want to do that because the news came calling as a sports reporter and intern, and I said, look, I'm going to just take this and run with it and never look back and to hang up my soccer collets. And then so from there I essentially took off with it. I started behind the scenes as a camera person. I went to cover Peyton Manning as he was winning the Super Bowl in Denver, and then applied to a bunch of jobs and then landed my TV my first TV job as a sports reporter and anchor in Washington State.
Speaker 10: I was filming my.
Speaker 11: Own highlights, editing my own highlights. Well yeah, but then I had some guys coming from my job in a small market, the weather man wanted my job. I said, I'm good. And then I had guys just macing on me at games and you know names I will not name in the NFL who were very disrespectful.
Speaker 10: And I said, I'm good off this.
Speaker 11: And then you have people saying that, you know, you didn't say it right, and I'm like, look the paperwork in the documents say I'm right about this homicide.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 11: And so I transitioned into news, fell in love with it, fell in love with crime, investigations, politics, and then yeah, I got moved to Bakersfield doing I was working as a MMJ multimedia journalist there, shooting all my own video, all my own stories, editing everything myself.
Speaker 10: And then I, you know, rose in the ranks.
Speaker 11: Became the anchor in Bakersfield, California, which is like the armpit.
Speaker 10: Everybody knows that. And then I got my call in Atlanta.
Speaker 11: Started off again as my own cameraman, my own editor and reporter and going live by myself, shooting two stories a day on a deadline, and eventually I worked my way up to the anchor and became the anchor at CBS News in Atlanta.
Speaker 10: It was great, and you know, things changed. You know, I had an.
Speaker 11: Opportunity for, you know, to elevate there, but overall I felt like it was time to move forward in a different direction.
Speaker 10: But ten years of covering crime.
Speaker 11: Politics, sports, have just traveled with the Hawks, most recently along the road with my boyfriend.
Speaker 10: Actually that was fun. Okay, he's on the news too.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with that. But let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: You you brought up the NFL real quick and how you didn't like how you know, folks approached you in the NFL.
Speaker 1: How do you.
Speaker 2: Feel about the modern day athlete? I mean in terms of what you're seeing. I'm not even talking about them on the field. I'm talking about people with their own podcast, their own platforms and stuff like that. You know, how are you feeling about the advent of that industry growing in terms of professional athletes having a voice and a microphone and the camera in front of them.
Speaker 11: I love it because I love it because use your platform, use your voice.
Speaker 10: Don't just be an athlete, you know.
Speaker 11: Show that you have more depths, show that you have an opinion in these rooms, be welcome on any topic, made sure that you come correct with the evidence to back your perspective, period. But I also think that many of these athletes are not recognizing the moment. You know, at the same time, you know, if we just talk about the shadow Jo Cinco moment. Yes, you know, you recognize your platform. You know, people love you, people enjoy you. You're you have a great background and stuff. But when you start talking about relationship stuff, you know, you can lose respect very easily.
Speaker 1: Explain that. I mean, I mean, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Advise that that that chad Ocho Cinko go out there and talk about himself too much. But in the same breath, one would all of you no harm, no foul in the YouTube age and what have you.
Speaker 1: People find that very very entertaining, of course.
Speaker 11: But when is it a private partnership, Like when are we going to get back to that?
Speaker 10: When is it private?
Speaker 5: Still?
Speaker 10: You know, because that's what's the biggest power moved Stephen.
Speaker 1: You tell me silence. I agree with that.
Speaker 10: Silence.
Speaker 1: That's how, that's how I flow, That's how.
Speaker 2: But for some men would that, you know what, not being silent actually works for them?
Speaker 1: What do you say to that I mean, by the way, let me transit. Hold on, wait, there are a lot more women talking.
Speaker 2: I mean usually usually it was supposed to be the ladies that insisted upon you shutting your mouth. Now you got a lot of them telling their business.
Speaker 1: What's up with that?
Speaker 10: You know? And I'm gonna side with you on that.
Speaker 11: It's pretty inappropriate some of the things that I'm saying, and not just from you know, celebrities. You know, as we're talking about Shadow Cho Cinco's ex fiance, you know, she has an incredible resume. You know, spent thirteen years as a paratrooper in the army. You know, has a real estate empire for selling luxury real estate and Tampa. You know, so she also has her own power that you can keep and you don't need to go out online and be shattering your men.
Speaker 10: And she was on there talking about them exactly.
Speaker 11: Well, so so I'm trying to tell you, you know, I've been more disappointed in the women that I've been seeing online. And enough people talk about that, because honestly, I have friends doing this. I have friends that have millions of followers, millions of followers on Instagram killing it just batties, but they're posting screenshots of relationships stuff. They're saying, look who he flewed out.
Speaker 10: I'm like, take this.
Speaker 1: Down right when you tell them to take this down?
Speaker 10: So I don't.
Speaker 1: Why don't you?
Speaker 11: Because they're too sensitive and they can't handle it. And I will not even drop names right here because they can't handle it.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me so.
Speaker 2: And then you went to one of your girls and you said to them, look, take it down.
Speaker 1: It's none of nobody's business.
Speaker 2: They would take that to heart and their feelings would be hurt over something the simplistic as that.
Speaker 11: Look, not everybody has the wherewithal to move with that level of decorum. And you just got to recognize your friends where they at. They bring certain talents to the table and they don't bring certain things that they maybe need still and they need to. You can tell someone not to date someone, but at the end of the day, they're going to date that person.
Speaker 10: You can you know what I mean. I can tell you not to post something, but you're gonna post it.
Speaker 1: What's your criteria for a man?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 1: What's your criteria? Number one?
Speaker 10: Number one?
Speaker 1: You want to give you number one?
Speaker 10: Humility?
Speaker 1: Okay? And now what does that mean. What does that mean? I mean humility?
Speaker 10: Okay, you can have a quiet confidence.
Speaker 1: There's various levels to humility.
Speaker 11: There is various levels to humility. But it's been lost in the wind in the world that we live.
Speaker 10: In, stephen A, because the confidence is no longer confidence. It's arrogance. I know everything, I'm great.
Speaker 11: I have so many fault you know, it's just too much about the ego. If you can pull up with a quiet confidence and you could show out in what you do and you be low key, you're the person in the back chilling, quiet, not on their phone, just observing.
Speaker 10: That's my type of person.
Speaker 1: Is that how your men dear? I say dear to himself to you? Did he have a quiet confident?
Speaker 11: Yeah, very much, a quiet confidence. And you know, he had every reason to be cocky. He's handsome, he's smart, he's elevated. Ah, he brings it all, you know, and he has every reason to be cocky and rude and mean and oh you should be chasing after me.
Speaker 10: And that was never the case. It was someone like, hey, I know what you do. I respect what you do in any way I can elevate you.
Speaker 2: I'm in an elevation so after humility be a step number one?
Speaker 1: What step number two?
Speaker 10: Family? You have to treat your mom right, You can have to treat you that's all right.
Speaker 1: Any man that doesn't treat his mama right, he's just looking.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm a head of receptual even I'm look at a man and don't treat his mama right.
Speaker 11: But I do want to talk about something because we need to honor our black men who we can. This book, you did an excellent tribute to your grandmother and your mother.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, you know, and.
Speaker 11: It was a pleasure getting to learn about them through your eyes. And I didn't mean to like derail that conversation, but she just really enjoyed learning about, you know, where you grew up, what it was like, you know, and to see the star that you are at this moment in your life and to be glorifying God in such a big way.
Speaker 2: My mother is the greatest woman I've ever known. I know, and very few you know, like like my nephew over there, my mother, his grandma. I'm love the ground that he walked on. My grandmama loved the ground.
Speaker 1: That I walked on.
Speaker 2: So I had it really, really really really good and it's taught me. Dare I say some of the things to avoid and to make me more attractive to a woman.
Speaker 1: Because I know how to act. I know how to act.
Speaker 2: Having said that, I'm very particular about a woman.
Speaker 1: Knowing how to act.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I gotta ask you, Okay, so what do you think? What do you think about this issue? Do you feel like they both share equal you know, blame for how they talked about this? You think they both should do?
Speaker 1: I do because I think that.
Speaker 2: I think in Chad's case, because of so much that he's endured.
Speaker 1: I know what he's had to overcome.
Speaker 2: I know some personal things about him that the typical person wouldn't know, and what he had to go through, and so for him to work so diligently to get through all of that, I just don't want him putting himself in a position where he's reminding folks and stuff.
Speaker 1: But I got so much love for him and so much.
Speaker 2: Appreciation for how far he's come, and I respect him for that. But I also think that he's an entertainer. He's absolutely phenomenal at what he does. I love him with Shannon on Nightcap. I love what they're doing together. And most importantly, you know, Chad is one of those dudes that he want to make people smile, He want to make people laugh, he wants to have a good time. And you got a lot of ladies out there, dare I say they they seem.
Speaker 1: Harder than they've ever been.
Speaker 2: And when you are and when you talk to them about it, a lot of the ladies will say it's because of y'all, you men, You've done this to us, as opposed to owning up to them just choosing to be that way.
Speaker 1: That would be my answer to that. Do you have a problem with what I just said?
Speaker 10: Speaking you know, I'm soaking it in.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just say this. There's nothing wrong with saying Stephen a right, not wrong.
Speaker 11: No, I agree, I no, I agree with what you're saying. I feel like they both share an equal blame here. But I do agree that, you know, don't give people a reason to reminisce on the past. And you know, with Chad, you know, I think that's a fair take.
Speaker 2: You sent me a tag, okay, because you want you want to make sure that there was a couple of subjects that.
Speaker 1: You wanted to touch on. You know, when you when you paid a visit to the show.
Speaker 2: So I was like, okay, I mean, I'm down for I was a little nervous. You know, I'm nervous because I mean, I'm like, it's sir. Tory could come up.
Speaker 1: With some stuff.
Speaker 2: Now, this is a professional journalist here, she could try me. You know, I don't know, but you you brought up something about open relationships or something open dating? Could you explain that that what you wanted to get what you wanted to hear from me about that?
Speaker 11: It's the hottest topic on the internet, open relationshipship.
Speaker 10: And I know not to hit.
Speaker 11: On you with your age, I don't buy be looking at our generation like what are y'all doing?
Speaker 10: And I wanted to hear what you had to say.
Speaker 2: So when we talk about open dating, I need specific I mean, what the what the what do they need when they say open dating specific?
Speaker 11: So I've read a few articles about just you know, people's understanding about what an open relationship is, why it's more acceptable in society now as.
Speaker 10: Compared to before.
Speaker 11: And they're saying, you know, I have enough love for more than one person. So where do you say about that you feel like you got enough love for more than one person.
Speaker 1: I do, but it's not how I wrote.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm the kind of person I'm in a relationship while I'm not. So if I'm in a relationship my attitude, there ain't no damn open relationship. Now, if I'm not in a relationship, then we might as well be open because I'm gonna do what the hell I wanted. You could do what the hell you want. I ain't gonna lose no sleep.
Speaker 1: Over it, that's me.
Speaker 10: So you have to make the commitment.
Speaker 2: You have to make the commitment in order for it to be a relationship. But once you make the commitment, that's the commitment.
Speaker 1: Right. So having said all of that, let me tell you what I think the issue is. Okay, women have to accept the fact. I'm gonna have to say this to me, I'm glad to say this.
Speaker 10: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Women have to accept the fact that there is in a man's mind a double standard.
Speaker 1: Here's what I mean by that.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about his actions, I'm talking about his mentality. A guy can sit up there and no matter what he does to transgress to violate the relationship, no matter how guilty it is, he'll lose it.
Speaker 1: If you did it.
Speaker 2: Don't they for one second that if you his woman, that he's gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: At any point with you letting somebody else hook up with you, he's gonna lose his mind. But there's a reason for that. I've said this to.
Speaker 2: Many women, and I'll say it to you right now. If you walked up to a man and you said, look, I'm really not interested in anything.
Speaker 12: I really just where.
Speaker 11: Experience giving vulnerable, this.
Speaker 1: Is what I'm saying. This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If a woman comes up to a guy and she says, to a god, I really I've been through a lot. I just I don't want a relationship. I want us to have a good time. When we have a good time, and then when we don't. You know, you do what you want to do. I do what I want to do. Ain't a man alive turning that down? He got no problem with it, you understand, zero down?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, wait a minute, okay, fanom I shouldn't say, I shouldn't speak indefinitives like that, But most men are not turning that. What I'm saying is is that even though you said that to him, he won't turn that down. You come up as a woman to him, and you're saying that to him, He's cool with it. Right the second there's any kind of commitment whatsoever.
Speaker 1: All of that changes because he's.
Speaker 2: Thinking, my woman, the woman I've chosen to be with, the woman that I want to be committed to, wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Do such a thing. This is why most guys lose it.
Speaker 2: Because they never anticipate that the woman that they've invested in would do something like that.
Speaker 1: Whereas we know.
Speaker 2: As men, that's a potential that we have to work against a lot of times. Like, for example, I've told that for allder sisters. I've got nine nieces and nephews. I've got numerous tens of female relatives, cousins.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that, and I've told them all this.
Speaker 2: I've said, look, when you go up to a man, I don't care what you say. He could sit up there, he could be with you, he could have your speaking in tongues.
Speaker 1: He can love you, can love him to death.
Speaker 2: You will still walk out of there thinking about what you gave.
Speaker 1: We always know we're getting.
Speaker 2: So because of that, there's a detachment that we might have. Whereas a woman she's invested herself physically, physically, physiologically, emotionally, spiritually, et cetera. And when she invests herself in you as a guy, you're convinced she's all in. So when she veers left, it's a shock to his system. It's devast dating.
Speaker 1: To his ego.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then you have to compensate. Right then you're going to find yourself compensating for maybe what you're not getting no longer in your partnership. And so that's what I want to touch on a little bit because I have a lot of friends and family members that are this this open relationship topic and issue, I guess you could call it. At this point, it's in a lot of different families, and it's not just confusing for the people maybe in this relationship when their partner approaches them and says, hey, you know you.
Speaker 10: Want to open this up. You know it's not it's not just confusing.
Speaker 1: For that as much as.
Speaker 10: Women are doing this, women are yes, women are doing this. Women are doing this. And you know, you know.
Speaker 11: You had a caller actually on your show that wanted her man to dress up like a.
Speaker 1: Firefighter because she wanted the fire fight.
Speaker 10: She wanted the firefighter.
Speaker 11: But yeah, okay, she wanted her husband to do that. But then you know down the street was the fire. You know, I'm just saying, but that's not what I'm That wasn't this. But I'm just saying, there are women who are doing this, who are opening this up. And it's not only people who are in relationships who are maybe you know, in their marriage, who are married and may have kids and then want to bring a third party in. And so now not only is it confusing for the kids involved, it's confusing for your partner because now your partners now trying to compensate for maybe they're not getting from you. And then let's take a step further to the younger generation. Really quick, let's speak to you guys. I have friends that have family members involved in these types of relationships, and the parents are in their sixties and seventies.
Speaker 10: They're like, when are we going to see a wedding?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 10: Why an't we going to see a wedding?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 11: So, you know, the traditional values, you know, you know, it's confusing, it's hard for family members, and you know, I'm speaking to them and watching them be open minded, and there's you know, they're trying to be open minded. And then I've seen people say, you know, I was only being open minded. I didn't actually want this, you know, my partner wanted to.
Speaker 1: So if a woman wants an open relationship, why do they want that tour?
Speaker 10: I think it's because they're bored, bored with tory.
Speaker 11: Could be, you know, there's a lot more. It depends on the type of woman you are. But if you can't have stimulating conversation with your man, one conversation, converse, okay, sex, yes, we're gonna say sex, yes, okay, yes, they're born in the bedroom. One okay, that's for starters. Okay, you're not doing it. You're not able to communicate.
Speaker 1: Starting in the bedroom with your man.
Speaker 2: Why would you want an open relationship when he's doing it for you?
Speaker 11: Hey, you know it's gonna start, it's gonna start, and you know, But the thing is, it's it's deeper than that. Some people don't feel like they're hurt, don't feel like they're in the you know, they're not getting enough emotionally. You know, you can some people they lose interest, even if the sex was good at one time, they lose interest in you know that pan.
Speaker 2: So a woman could be thoroughly enjoying herself with her man physically, but she's not getting enough attention. And so as a result that I got to be here and going in a different direction because he's not paying me enough attention.
Speaker 1: He's not watching friends.
Speaker 2: Or more and or or something something like that with the.
Speaker 11: Screaming on Xbox with his friends playing cod and you know, maybe you are.
Speaker 2: Well he's doing that while she's sitting up there saying, baby, you want to come up in here, and you're trying to tell me that's what doing.
Speaker 11: Look, I've seen a few comedians talking about how you know they're cool if their their girlfriend just disappeared.
Speaker 2: Yes, So let me ask you this question, so so so so, with all of that knowledge that you just disseminated to the masses.
Speaker 10: I'm probably gonna get cut up for it.
Speaker 2: But what what do you say to people yourself included, who are looking forward to marriage?
Speaker 1: Oh? What do you say?
Speaker 10: Don't rush?
Speaker 11: Don't rush and don't be so pressed on the Instagram photo?
Speaker 10: Right, it's so annoying, so annoying to watch.
Speaker 2: So I tell ladies all the time, you're gonna show it to everybody? What's what am I getting?
Speaker 1: But it's what's the adventure?
Speaker 2: Of what I'm getting it don't show that everybody you under what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I mean, what what what?
Speaker 11: What's the intrigue with do you truly I want to ask you though. Okay, you're talking a lot about my relationship. You know, I've had to be an open book today, which I was, you know, not really.
Speaker 1: Really really highlight my man.
Speaker 10: But what about you, Steven?
Speaker 11: Where's your commitment at a lady?
Speaker 10: You got a lady. You know that I know that she's a place.
Speaker 2: I mean, don't get me wrong, I mean it is what it is. I'm happy at the moment.
Speaker 8: You can get marriage.
Speaker 1: I hope to one day.
Speaker 10: Really, I mean, I hope this is refreshing to hear from you. This is refreshing.
Speaker 1: I got news for you. Marriage for me.
Speaker 2: Marriage for me has never ever once been about an issue of monogamy.
Speaker 10: That has never been very the issue.
Speaker 1: The issue because because I would hope that.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm not gonna get married knowing that I'm gonna cheat on my wife.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna do it, but I think I'm gonna do that. I'm a bound.
Speaker 10: So what hold you from getting there?
Speaker 2: Money, the society that we live in, you you wake up one day and decide you don't want me. In half, my shit's gone, you know, I mean my pension, my retirement, all.
Speaker 1: Of this other stuff that's meant to me. Forget the women and the men. Society has messed with.
Speaker 2: Marriage because we've made it putative. In other words, if it don't work.
Speaker 1: Out, it's gonna cost you.
Speaker 2: It's very few marriages that people amicably separate from one another.
Speaker 1: I love you, you love me. So I'm like this. You know you could wake up one day and not want me, but I gotta.
Speaker 10: Pay a hass So what are the perimeters?
Speaker 11: We are these tests that she's been put she's being put through, or anybody in that matter, who's maybe you know, speak more general, because let's be respectable to your relationship unless you want to go there.
Speaker 2: No, here's the deal. I'm gonna say it very plain and simple. And my nephew's here and he will attest to it. And I'm ashamed to admit it, but it is true. My mother knew this about me, My sisters know this about me, my nieces and my other nephew knows.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows this is true.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be very, very comfortable when I get married.
Speaker 1: You know why you gonna be old, You're gonna be.
Speaker 10: You ain't got nothing.
Speaker 1: I know you love me. Now I'm gonna tell you why. I'm gonna tell you great.
Speaker 2: Ready, you're gonna be I'm gonna have a lot.
Speaker 1: I will have put her through hell. Here's what I mean by that. Here's what I mean by that.
Speaker 2: Anybody can act right when everything is good.
Speaker 1: Where's the adversity? Where's the stress? Where's the strength? This easy path?
Speaker 10: It's not it's not stressful dating you? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: It is stressful dating?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 2: It's part of on purpose because it's like I don't stress you out.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna come here and stress you out well and see how far I can push you.
Speaker 1: You don't love someone, here's a deal. I'm not playing games though. Here's what I mean by that.
Speaker 2: It's not like calculating and playing. It's just a level of defiance. Like you roll up in my life. There's certain things I'm gonna be hard headed about naturally. Why wait until we married for you to find that out. I'm gonna show it to you from joking hard.
Speaker 1: From now, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be a pain in the neck from now. I'm gonna be this. I'm gonna be that, I'm paid.
Speaker 2: I'm showing you this is what you get in and you're gonna have to learn, Yo, this is this is money. This is my man's that's what comes with him. And some women have had a difficult time dealing with that.
Speaker 1: They departed and you.
Speaker 11: Know, their flight left, and I think that does they flew out and.
Speaker 10: It is so how she do it? See how she doing? How she means these moments?
Speaker 1: Fossil, gup, we gotta go to break, got breath, We gotta go break.
Speaker 2: You're trying to get all in the mind right now, coming up. I mean, you heard us talking.
Speaker 1: It's the new year. He happened to be in studio.
Speaker 2: My nephew got a lot to say about stuff like this. And I asked Torri ahead of Thompson, you mind.
Speaker 1: If he joins us with the last block of the show.
Speaker 2: She's like, I don't want she's scared. If she ain't scared, how the hell am I gonna be heard her?
Speaker 10: I'm excited. He's my cousin. He's my cousin.
Speaker 2: A good week already, my nephew Josh up next, I don't go away. Everyone right now needs to stop what they're doing and listen up and listen good. With all the big time sports action that's happening each and every day, NFL games, NBA games, and.
Speaker 1: The college football playoffs, Steven A.
Speaker 2: Smith Show wants to make sure you are taking advantage of all of it. That's why we partnered with Prize Picks, the largest fantasy sports platform in order Land, to help you cash in on all your sports knowledge you see. Prize Picks is a daily fantasy app where you picked two or more of your favorite players and then you'll select more or less on their projected stats for the game. Choose from any of your favorite players, say Kwon Barkley, Jalen Brown, and Steph Curry all in the same entry.
Speaker 1: Then sit back, watch and chill. The list is endless, y'all.
Speaker 2: And now with prospects Flex Friday Option, you can still cash out even if your lineup isn't perfect. That's right, every Friday, just look for the protected play so win or your cash back and get this. Prospects Now offers MasterCard for quick and easy deposits into your account during this sports season. Make your picks in less than sixty seconds and turn your sports opinions into real money all season long on Prospects. So download d app today and use code sas to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollar lineup. Again, download the app and use code sas to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollars lineup, Prospects, run your game.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to stephen A. Smith Shill right here. It was with YouTube. Of course, iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Before I get to my next additional guest, once again, I wanted to thank Tory Cooper for being on the show with us. She is a bit overdressed, but it's a perfectly logical explanation. She usually was watching How I'm Dressed, and she was working and came straight here to see me all of this other stuff, but don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal.
Speaker 2: I wanted to move on and talk about various other subjects, but my nephew was in the house, and you know, I'm not gonna call him a knucklehead because I love him and he's not I just love him messing with him, but I don't mind.
Speaker 1: Calling him a knucklehead. Because he's always taking.
Speaker 2: My stuff, Torri, the man sitting next to you, my nephew, Josh.
Speaker 1: Do y'all have footage of the last time he was on this show? Please? Could you show a split.
Speaker 2: Screen to him now compared to them now, ladies and gentlemen, that's a different pair of shades.
Speaker 1: He keeps stealing my shades, and then he.
Speaker 2: Doesn't consider it stealing because he believed that whatever is min it's his.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous. And oh, by the way, you were lying about being this nick fan. Why you wearing a.
Speaker 2: Spurs jacket if you you don't see me wearing another team's jacket.
Speaker 8: Well, so she mentioned a jacket. Let me take it off because I got merch and I was.
Speaker 1: Rich.
Speaker 10: Mhm, it's split.
Speaker 1: It's lit. I don't want rich. He's not rich. He's not rich.
Speaker 8: I'm so you're with me.
Speaker 1: We were rich.
Speaker 9: Let me give you some perspective. And I don't want to just make it seem like I'm this loser. Let me show you how I an't my check. So growing up, Stephen would call me, he's two levels upstairs.
Speaker 8: He's all the way at the top.
Speaker 1: Don't ever call me Stephene. What's my name.
Speaker 8: What's your name, Uncle Steve.
Speaker 1: Don't be disrespectful. I will whip your ass. We tell you.
Speaker 2: My daughters, it was say daddy. One name you understead of saying with you is uncle Steve. Don't ever flip up on me.
Speaker 1: So then we are rich, none of Uncle Steve, because.
Speaker 2: I got I got plenty of uncles that have money and.
Speaker 8: They didn't have anybody else.
Speaker 9: Us emphasize, but let me get back to myself. So he's two levels up, like it's in castle or something. I'm in the basin the cellar.
Speaker 8: He'll call me all the way upstairs.
Speaker 1: Can you pass me the cup?
Speaker 8: Where's the cup? The cups right there.
Speaker 1: That's a lie. He is lying.
Speaker 8: He has my nephew.
Speaker 1: Tory. He knows good.
Speaker 2: No, that's a lie. That's what my mother, his grandmother did to me. And then ultimately him stay at gun in the house and we run from outside and we went all the way to yes, maham, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Turn off the light and it's three feet away. My mother would do something.
Speaker 2: So he's whiting off of that to try to act like I did it when he knows that it's not true. And here's the proof. Grandma would have never allowed that. That's a lie.
Speaker 10: Did you do this to created storyline?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 8: No, you promise.
Speaker 10: Okay, wow, it's a promise.
Speaker 1: Your promises me. He will embellish and he will take his uncle's stuff to go.
Speaker 2: Would you mind telling her the story about how you would call me and I wouldn't answer the phone, but you let the voicemail be heard by ladies?
Speaker 1: Do you bring that up?
Speaker 10: I did my homework.
Speaker 11: I thoroughly remember that part. But it got you through the door right in big places, right.
Speaker 1: Hold hold on.
Speaker 2: That is very inconsistent tory with what you just finished talking about in.
Speaker 1: Terms of the need for men to be honest.
Speaker 2: You got this kid here, and now you're saying him it got you in the door, didn't it?
Speaker 1: It got you in the door. Didn't excuse me?
Speaker 11: Where are fine with a man being deceitful to get in the door?
Speaker 10: Is that this seems the fact that you are a family.
Speaker 1: I'm a family member.
Speaker 8: There's no.
Speaker 10: Where's the dec where's the see? He said, my uncle's right here. You're gonna believe here? What's up?
Speaker 1: Can we move on?
Speaker 2: Before we move on a couple of these other subjects, let's talk about for a second before I move on away from sports, you wanted to comment about Jimmy Butler. What possible problems could you have with what I had to say about Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 9: I heard Jimmy Butler say he needs to find a joy in basketball.
Speaker 8: How much you making sure?
Speaker 2: Forty nine forty nine million is gonna make fifty two next season?
Speaker 1: We'll give me the money.
Speaker 8: I'll find a joy forty nine million.
Speaker 1: Is it just about the money? Can I Is it just about the money? But after you've already had that, can I.
Speaker 2: Tell you a little secret? A little secret. I mean, see, if we were really rich, you would know this. But since we are not really rich, allow me to help you out here. Do you know that when you think about the money, you think about it during contract negotiations. You think about it when you know that it's supposed to be in your bank account, once you can take for granted that it's going to be there. Do you know that you really never think about your money because you already know you've achieved it. So why he's not lying what he's saying is I know I got the money.
Speaker 1: I earned it. This is what I brought to the table.
Speaker 2: They gave me the contract, commiserate with my talents. Cool, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I'm unhappy right now when you got me standing in a corner, when you're giving the ball more to some dude named Heyward Heidsmith than you are with me, or letting Tyler Hero and Bam out of Bile do whatever they want at my expense, and you not prioritizing getting me the ball and involve in the offense around me. You're trying to tell me that Jimmy Butler don't.
Speaker 1: Have a case in that.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to tell you that if it was Kawhi or somebody like that that y'all didn't like personally, y'all would have a different attitude.
Speaker 1: I don't dislike Kawhi Leonard. I just like the fact that.
Speaker 2: He's never there, but he's always available to get a contract extension in every perk that comes with it. That's what I like I dislike about Kawhi Leonard.
Speaker 9: Well, Jimmy Butler, to me, he shows up in the playoffs and stuff like that, But you make fifty million dollars, you complaining about your role on the floor. You're standing in the corner. What about Steph Curry who shot a faith from three last night?
Speaker 1: The goot Okay, he is the greatest shoot that God has ever created.
Speaker 9: Greatest player okay, and the lineup that he plays with. You don't hear him ever complaining. You don't hear him ever trying to demand a trade or demand players to his team.
Speaker 8: He kind of works with what here?
Speaker 11: But at what point is it about not only your mental health? Because again, to your uncle Stevens point, he already knows the money's coming.
Speaker 10: He's already done it. It's in his bank account. We're good.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 11: He has a moment to leverage his own power. So you know what about that? Not only is mental health? Obviously he wants to win championship. He doesn't see it happening with the current players around him. So at what point does he exercise his right to maybe push into that and get a better spot in environment for him to shine in that question?
Speaker 9: Nephew, Yeah, I mean, I'm a Nick fan, so what's going on with the Miami Heat doesn't really interest me like that. But to demand the trade when you're making forty eight million dollars and you're the guy.
Speaker 8: In your team y'all giving him excuses.
Speaker 9: Now, this is not the same stephen A that judges certain other players. I ain't gonna, you know, pin us against nobody because we rich and.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I will say this to you.
Speaker 2: I get where you're coming from. You're wrong, no surprise there, but I do get where you're coming from. I would normally be harder. I've known Jimmy Butler for years and I know what his mentality is like. And I watched the Miami Heat get blown out last night by the Indiana Pacers, and I saw him standing in the corner. And I know that's not because of him, That's because of the offense that's being called. And I've seen this on numerous occasions this season. And so if you're not actively involving him in the fabric of the offense, You're going to get an attitude for Jimmy Butler. Everybody knows that. And so that's where I'm at with it. But let me let me transition to the whole Chad O Joe Sinko thing. I'll get into the oh, you know, open relationships in just a second.
Speaker 1: Josh, what did you have to say about Chad Oh? I'm scared to damp and to ask. But what did you have to say?
Speaker 9: I mean, it's not so much a comment, it's more a question like what are you saying wrong?
Speaker 11: It's not about what's wrong, it's why why not say like why just not be just be quiet?
Speaker 10: He's a podcast, Yeah, but this wasn't even that moment. It wasn't like he had his shades on and was on the podcast. It wasn't that. It was look at me, I'm beautiful. I'm beautiful. She left me in my season. Look, you're in your season all day.
Speaker 11: We understand that you're keying like you do great, but right now it's giving.
Speaker 10: You aren't keeping things private.
Speaker 11: You feel like you need attention right now from the world. And also it's also giving. I may have you go to my TikTok right now and check out my skincare routine because.
Speaker 10: I'm beautiful and I'm in my season, so you know, like, what are we doing? What are we doing?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 9: Why didn't we just like let it go when y'all find y'all glory in the negative situation?
Speaker 8: It's woman power and stuff like that.
Speaker 11: I didn't say that, though, you saw right so that I said, why are we posting screenshots of text messages. Why are we not letting our men be the men that they were in our lives?
Speaker 10: You know, at some point you were friends.
Speaker 11: That's my deal is at some point you were friends, and why can't you just remember that.
Speaker 2: And remember that and respect one another enough to keep your stuff from that part?
Speaker 10: I agree about y'all.
Speaker 8: Y'all know what y'all did. Y'all put me on the outside of the couch. I don't got no tea. Y'all agreeing with each other's two against one, It's all right. The comments is is gonna to do so.
Speaker 2: So you know what, when do you ever want t see? That's the bs right there? You usually drink whatever. You don't even want that.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying I wanted it, but nobody asked.
Speaker 1: That's a matra that's on Sumatra right there.
Speaker 9: So the water over here parsh harsh.
Speaker 1: You know, good to damn well. Your mother would have told you to get your own damn tea.
Speaker 2: Let me move on to this last before we get to the callers, because we got some callers on the line and want to holler at us.
Speaker 1: What were your thoughts about the whole open dating issue?
Speaker 8: Josh, it's not an issue.
Speaker 1: It's not an issue dating.
Speaker 8: It's not an issue. Use use the support everyone.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm just listening. I'm just listening. I just you know, I'm learning about it.
Speaker 1: She agrees with me, I'm learning about it. I didn't get the impression that you agreed with him. Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 10: Wait, okay, here, hold on, I'm in the middle that.
Speaker 11: But what we're gonna say, Look, I understand this is I was bringing you up to speed that this topic is out there.
Speaker 10: This is happy, this is women want this. This is not just men. Women are doing this too. I just wanted to get your I haven't.
Speaker 2: Encountered any woman that that that has expressed that desire.
Speaker 1: I haven't encountered that.
Speaker 2: Okay, usually they want monopolization.
Speaker 1: I want you all to themselves.
Speaker 11: I mean I'm one of them, open date and like the ones open to d Yeah, it's not just see.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Look at that.
Speaker 10: See so when a woman asks you, ain't about it?
Speaker 9: You know, And the reason why is because we buy our way into being able to.
Speaker 8: Do so when we because you rich, so you know, when we're not rich.
Speaker 9: Though, when you go on a date with somebody doesn't he have to pay first. Yeah, no matter where you work, right, even if you have a great job and you could afford it.
Speaker 11: Is it like this, you asked me out on a date? Or is it like, hey, we're just meeting up, you know, get to know each other for a moment, like it's not established, like this is the date?
Speaker 8: What if you're hungry?
Speaker 10: I'm just saying, like, let's I want to know, Josh, Are you saying.
Speaker 11: That this is like you asked If you ask me out on a real date.
Speaker 10: To eat, then yes, you're gonna pay.
Speaker 8: You're gonna eat too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you're gonna pay.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna pay. You're rich no matter where you work, I'm gonna.
Speaker 10: Pay, Yeah, because it's principal. What if I like, what if it's the burrito?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 10: You know what I mean? Because well, here's the thing. Here's the thing.
Speaker 11: It's not about the expectation, okay, because I'm not gonna expect it because I'm always gonna come prepared to pay for myself no matter what.
Speaker 10: But I'm gonna.
Speaker 11: Test, you know, see see if he offers, because our parameters, I gotta see where you're at.
Speaker 8: So this is where I'm and you're gonna agree with you.
Speaker 10: You got your own test, don't you.
Speaker 11: You just sat up here and told us all that you have a series of tests.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 11: So yeah, So I'm gonna show up ready to pay the period and I'm not gonna be entitled, but I'm gonna see how you move.
Speaker 8: So what about us testing you?
Speaker 9: So me since i'm you know, we're since we're since we we're financially slavey okay? When when you take us when we go out, when we go out on the first day, it's usually so the god can prove like, oh, he has something.
Speaker 8: He's paying for me to go out. We're gonna eat together?
Speaker 1: Is it? But with me?
Speaker 9: Why should I let you in on our rich life? You gotta show me why So when we go out, you gotta pay?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 10: Wow should want to pay for my tacos? You should want to pay for my tacos.
Speaker 8: Tacos?
Speaker 11: Yeah, tacos are great, But what if it's just tacos? Like what if it's not something elaborated? What if we're just going to taco It's like you're not.
Speaker 10: So here's my thing? Why can't you downgrade the date? Why is it gonna be so much like yo? We're going to the Five Seasons or the rints. Carlton like downgrade the date.
Speaker 1: Grandma is turning over in but it's fine. But but staten Grandma here, you get this wrong.
Speaker 9: She's pro safe and she raised me in the second half.
Speaker 1: You gotta go to the calls. I can't.
Speaker 2: I got to hurry up, get out of here. I got I can't have America listening. And let's go to Caleb in Rochester, New York. You're with stephen A, along with my dear Frank Tory and of course my nephew Josh.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, what's up, bro? Go ahead?
Speaker 13: Talk to me, man, I got a relationship question for you.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: I'm here, all right, So I'm on the East coast, New York.
Speaker 13: Right, Yes, I've been talking with this girl.
Speaker 1: West coast.
Speaker 6: Okay, Washington.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's pretty far. That's six hours.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's that's far.
Speaker 1: Six outs.
Speaker 13: You think you think you think we could work out, You think you think that could work.
Speaker 2: Hell no, hell no, listen, long distance. The only way that long distance works is if she doesn't care that much about being with you, and vice versa.
Speaker 1: If you really.
Speaker 2: Really want each other, then it becomes painful to be a part which builds frustration. Frustration Ultimately, animosity isn't far behind, and eventually.
Speaker 1: The heart.
Speaker 2: You know, absence makes the heart grow fonder, but too much absence makes the heart wonder.
Speaker 1: It's just that simple. I don't under staying, how why are you looking at me like that? Tory?
Speaker 10: Because I'm in a long distance relationship?
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 12: Time out Atlanta, Yeah, New York, Right, the same, but it still is like when you go from having your partner in a.
Speaker 11: Certain place, the same place as you, and then you go.
Speaker 10: To a different spot for a little bit. But it's just for a little bit, right, And that's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 11: There's an that was I was letting you finish with our beautiful and awesome call here.
Speaker 10: What's Caleb? Thank you? Caleb.
Speaker 11: Look, there has to be an end in sight to the long distance otherwise, no otherwise.
Speaker 2: Stephen is right, Yeah, very much, go ahead, Josh, scared to hear the answer for glhad.
Speaker 9: The only way that it's gonna work is that if their relationship is what we.
Speaker 8: Just spoke about, open, open, open too.
Speaker 2: What what's the difference between open and open open right like open.
Speaker 9: Open open, open is what we explained. She she could be in on the openness too. Just open is when men is late, you know, h keleb.
Speaker 1: Does that answer your question?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Answer? Thank you man, I love the insight.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. Man, Thank you so much. Toby and Maryland. You're live with Stephen Ay and his crew? What's going on? Man?
Speaker 7: Him?
Speaker 1: How you doing? Female?
Speaker 14: Go ahead, I'm good.
Speaker 7: I have a question for you. Yes, So, how do you feel about the youngest son and the only daughter diamic the relationship dam.
Speaker 1: Youngest son, oldest daughter, only daughter, only daughter. Let me say this to you, dad, that's a problem. That's a problem. Let me explain why I thought you Originally you had said the oldest daughter.
Speaker 2: See, the oldest daughter is usually associated with the matriarch of the family, so he's nurturing everybody. She's raising us like on Linda, you know, stuff like that, You raising us up.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So she's used to being a nurturer and to some degree in control. The youngest is the baby, so they used to being nurtured and used to being baby, so it works.
Speaker 1: But if he is the youngest, and she's the only Both.
Speaker 2: Are using the used to being spoiled, and it usually there's one with slippage because no matter how much spoiling you do, one of the other usually requires more than what they're getting.
Speaker 1: And because well, in most situations, I would tell you it's the only it's it's the girl.
Speaker 2: It's the only it's the only child, the only child, it's the only child, the only child, which is the girl in this particular instance, she's.
Speaker 1: Accustomed because she don't have to share.
Speaker 2: See, you the youngest, You might be spoiled, but you still understand that there's certain stuff that's doled out for everybody else. When you the only you don't have to share everything with yours So because of that, Oh, hell no, that that's a bad situation, Toby, I'm sorry, sweet, I mean, that's a bad situation.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, go ahead tell me.
Speaker 10: Are you in this relationship?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 10: Are you the.
Speaker 5: Hip?
Speaker 7: But it's funny, it's not like she's the only child. Get it right.
Speaker 5: I'm not the only child.
Speaker 7: I'm the only girl, but I'm the youngest. And the boyfriend, my boyfriend is the youngest son, but he's not he's the second only so see.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. Now, that's a different thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still at all, there's still it's still not an only Yeah you still.
Speaker 1: You got a chance. It's a better change, definitely a better chance. That's a better chance, Josh chance. It sounds like there's a chance. Told me you're in a good situation. You're in a good situation because you got a chance.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 2: It's a custom to share it, and as long as both sides are accustomed to stuff being shared, the requirements lessen to some degree.
Speaker 9: If the guy is the youngest, though, you're dealing with a stephen A.
Speaker 8: What's you been You're the youngest in the house.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, what's a step the spoiled? Go get me this?
Speaker 2: How am I spoiled you?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: You know your mother and your aunts? When was I spoiled by them? They slap me upside their head and tell me to go get do it myself.
Speaker 8: All in love.
Speaker 1: It was all in love. Thank you, Thank you. Toby.
Speaker 14: Give a shout out really quick, go ahead, real quick.
Speaker 5: Shout out to my dad Patrick, my boyfriend Olu, and my brother Toby.
Speaker 7: With an eye, Toby with an eye, Mine is with a wife, got you, no problem, Thank you day, have a nice day.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year.
Speaker 2: Matthew, South Carolina. Talk to me and the crew. What's going on?
Speaker 5: What's up, guys, how y'all doing?
Speaker 1: We here?
Speaker 5: We here?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 14: So let me let me set up the stage for you.
Speaker 5: Stephen A.
Speaker 14: Smith, right, let me let me set the stage for you. Okay. So a couple of years ago, I talked to my boys Steve Harvey Okay, about how to pick up a girl. Because I was clueless, I didn't know how. He gave me some great advice. I use it now. I've been married for a few years, okay, and.
Speaker 5: I feel like that we've kind of been just doing the same exact thing over and over in the bed, and I want your advice. How do I spice it up in the bedroom? And how do I get like Shannon Sharp?
Speaker 1: Well, a couple of things.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what the hell you mean in terms of how do I get like Shannon Shaw.
Speaker 1: Let's get that out the way. I have no clue what you're talking about. Secondly, when you talk about.
Speaker 2: Spicing it up in the bedroom, I think it's important to ask a certain question to work with me.
Speaker 1: He Torri work I think it's important to ask a couple of questions.
Speaker 2: Number one, is she complaining about the lack of spice?
Speaker 1: Good question, Matthew. Is she complaining about the lack of spice?
Speaker 13: I mean, I think I mean my.
Speaker 1: Last I asked you a direct question. You know the answer to that question?
Speaker 2: What's up with the studying or the stuttering rather and and the wiggling your way around?
Speaker 1: Ask you a direct question?
Speaker 14: Is she I mean, she's not complaining.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that I would love to it up a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying to you is this, If she's not complaining, then you're confident she's satisfied.
Speaker 13: I mean she's satisfied.
Speaker 1: I said she's I said she's satisfied. I said, you're confident she's satisfied.
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Okay, Then anything you do that's different, it's going to help you out because it's a deviation unless it doesn't work. Now you try something new and it don't work, that would be problematic.
Speaker 10: Sounds like he's the one that wants to spice it up. She you know, she's good, has.
Speaker 11: Been established in this conversation. That's what I'm getting from you. Matthew, is that correct. You're the one that wants to spice it up.
Speaker 10: You're a feeling like it's getting predictable, exactly.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, okay, So but keep in mind, this is someone who expects a certain show from you every time.
Speaker 10: So you deviate, you're gonna ask for this. This is coming from what is coming is coming from? Did you get this from the internet? Did you get this from testing it out somewhere?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 10: Why are you interested in this?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 10: I'm gonna call my friend. So you're opening up. You know, I think it's always better to have an open.
Speaker 2: Because she says in communication for Matthew, did you hear what Tory saying?
Speaker 10: Open communication first?
Speaker 2: What she's saying, right, Matthew, She said that the minute you deviate, the minute you deviate from the norm, you're gonna raise antenna's slash suspicions.
Speaker 12: Question.
Speaker 2: When you get this from what you're doing, who you've been doing it with, where you've been you feel me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I feel you.
Speaker 14: I just want to I want to raise the bar you can.
Speaker 10: But you got about it first, Matthew.
Speaker 1: You got to talk about it first.
Speaker 10: You got to say, hey, I love you. I just have something.
Speaker 9: Why are you looking like that, Jo, because you're coming down on the course. Support what Matthew, Matthew, Matthew, Look, I thought he hung up. They don't understand, they don't understand where you're coming from. You try to break it down two different times. It's about him wanting to be better, and y'all still crashing.
Speaker 8: Down on him.
Speaker 2: No, we supported, We just better, meaning wants better, He wants more, he wants more spies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he just wanted You said you want to spice it up?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 9: Go watch me, go watch go watch Steven a show two episodes ago and see what I told y'all to.
Speaker 8: Do on tender meet another one and add her to the bedroom.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but I said, you know, Matthew, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 10: Don't listen to.
Speaker 1: Don't do it. Trust me, trust me. You're gonna be ready to want, You're gonna want to throw Take it easy, Matthew. Thanks a lot, man. Two more callers left. Let's go to Kyrie in Maryland. You're live with Stephen A and the crew. What's going on, Kyrie?
Speaker 6: Stephen? Stephen A was good? How you doing the new year?
Speaker 1: Talk to me? What's up?
Speaker 6: So you know, we've been watching you on TV for a long time now, right, So I'm quoting. I'm quoting your nephew Josh. He said, you gotta find someone to be old with you. So my question is have you You don't got to say the name. We just want to yes or no. And the second part of that question. You know it's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I believe, I believe. I believe I found out to answer your first question. But go ahead. What's your second question?
Speaker 6: Okay, second question? It's twenty twenty five. Can we expect that Stephen Ay pop out with the person he is being old with? Mate?
Speaker 1: I have been seeing with my lady on several occasions. I just don't advertise.
Speaker 2: You see us holding hands together, walking, walking in public places, at events and things of that nature. She has been with me. I haven't hid or anything like that. I don't do that, either with me or you not.
Speaker 6: Okay, I feel it. I feel it. So you want to just keep it private?
Speaker 1: No? No, I don't you know why?
Speaker 2: Because God forbid we break up and we ain't together. You know, you get with somebody else. Oh that's stephen A's X. See that's the kind of shit I don't like you. Understand, I'm saying, why can't it be hard?
Speaker 1: Why I got to be? Oh, that's stephen A's X. I don't play that stuff.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't you know. I will cheat you with respect, courtesy or whatever. But once we've done, we're done. I'm not deferring to you. I'm not referencing you. I'm not pointing out that you used to be with me. I don't want anybody else doing that.
Speaker 1: Et cetera, et cetera, either with me or you not.
Speaker 6: That's how we're gonna walk attached to them if you.
Speaker 1: Let me, unless you with me. I've often said this. I've offen said this.
Speaker 2: I'm not hiding anything, but I've often said this, You'll definitively know who I'm with when she's missing stephen A. Smith, why are you advertising the relationships that have been out there where you walking around and you're advertising this is the person that you're with, and then she ends up with somebody else and you in the news because of somebody else's business. Has nothing to do with you, cause you ain't no longer with the person, but you in the news. I don't want no parts of.
Speaker 1: That, I don't. I don't discuss it. I don't debate it. I'm not revealed. I don't. I don't play that nonsense. I can't stand people that get in the people's personal business.
Speaker 2: Of all the years that I've been a reportatory, all the years i've been a reporter, I don't get in the people's person I got my man Galen over there and so Mantra and every I don't get in the people's personal business.
Speaker 1: I stay you. My nephew knows this.
Speaker 2: If you basketball or football box and whatever into your study, I'm talking about your.
Speaker 1: Profession, or if you end up in the police blodders, I have to talk about that.
Speaker 2: That's a matter of public information. If it's private, it's none of my business. No matter what I've seen or heard, I keep it moving. It's none of my business.
Speaker 6: I respect that.
Speaker 10: That's all about you.
Speaker 11: I would say, that's that's what I would hope that everyone watching would take that and move like that, because especially the men that are in high places, because you will get so much more respect from the woman around you if you move like that.
Speaker 8: Damn man, would you say you because you just started claiming me. They want to know who your girlfriend is. Yeah, family, don't even really claim yet, Like you gotta work your way in with.
Speaker 1: Right cools down. Tell him.
Speaker 5: That for him.
Speaker 1: Cole last colon Colon Michigan. You love of Stephen. It was a cold.
Speaker 7: Mister Smith.
Speaker 1: How's it going, man, I'm all right. I'm waiting for this show to end because my nephew is getting on my damn nerves.
Speaker 13: We'll go ahead, yeah, I mean shit, I'll be He'd be getting on my nerves too if I were.
Speaker 6: All this stuff.
Speaker 13: Come on, No, I'm playing.
Speaker 5: Go ahead for sure.
Speaker 13: Thank you guys for your time and congratulations on a million steven A, thank you.
Speaker 6: So I called in.
Speaker 13: I tell you tweet you're asking about? Uh you were talking about relationships stuff. You want to questions for that?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 13: So my question for you is with Josh. I don't know Josh's background, but uh you know you obviously I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to know Josh's background.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, yeah, okay, okay, why what's Josh the other way?
Speaker 5: Know?
Speaker 1: Just keep it moving? Go ahead?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 13: So, being as successful as you are, traveling as much as you are, you know, how do you keep healthy relationships? How do you how do you manage relationships well.
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't travel as much as I used to.
Speaker 2: When I did travel that that much, I refrained from having relationships because I know I couldn't be as honorable as I would it would be compelled to be. If I'm traveling two hundred plus days out of the year, that's number one.
Speaker 1: Number two. Now that I travel significantly less, it's a lot easier.
Speaker 2: But I would tell you listen, nobody's perfect, and we get that, and especially us trifling ask men.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we do the wrong things. That's all true, But there is never an excuse to.
Speaker 2: Be emotionally dishonest to let somebody know how you feel. If you ain't happy, say so. If you're not turned on, say so. If you need more excitement, say so. If somebody is not the conversations are not a stimulating enough, or the sex ain't working, or you know they working hard enough, or they're not supportive of you and your goals, your ambitions.
Speaker 1: Except whatever it may be, there is never an excuse.
Speaker 2: For not letting somebody know how you feel, because when you let somebody know how you feel, they can deduce what's inevitable. If you let them know where you stand, and that is the rule that I've religiously followed.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Tori, Yeah, I would say the exact same thing. You have to communicate over communicate, and otherwise you're not going to have any stability in your relationship. You're not going to go know where you stand in your relationship if you're not, because you're going to pick up on where the person's feel what the person's feeling, and if they don't say it now, you're creating.
Speaker 10: A rift between the two of you.
Speaker 11: But that's the only way to have a cohesive partnership is through communication.
Speaker 2: Josh, I'm gonna okay, I'm really starting to believe.
Speaker 9: That I speak for the people that really don't care about their relationship stuff because it's.
Speaker 1: What's in it for us. Who's us?
Speaker 8: The man men come, I'm speaking for men you like in the middle because you know this is different and.
Speaker 10: He's doing a good job. But I feel like it's genuine.
Speaker 8: It is genuine, trusting is genuine.
Speaker 1: I was raised by five women. He knows it's me too. Ahead. You weren't.
Speaker 8: No, you weren't in the same house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, you weren't. You weren't. At first of all, you weren't the same house you was living on two fourteenth. She stopped that. Okay, that's number one. Number two.
Speaker 2: You know Grandma shielded you from all of that stuff, all right, all right, and you were around me more than you were around your aunt, So stop it.
Speaker 8: I was around you. We'll talk about some years. Listen, he ain't everything. He cracking up. I'm not understanding.
Speaker 9: He's the sixty year old version of me. Maybe in twenty five is I'll tony down. But for now, when you're in these relationships, I just don't feel like it's much in it for us.
Speaker 8: We gotta pay for everything.
Speaker 9: If somebody breaks into the house, he ain't gonna wake you up and be like figure that out.
Speaker 8: That's me and light of danger.
Speaker 10: That's true. I mean not to laugh about it, but yes, this is what I'm saying. Expected to do something about it.
Speaker 9: So can y'all answer that for me? Like what's in and don't give me the corny? Oh, she's gonna love you and know what's in it for us, because we know what's in it for y'all. You look at somebody to pay half the bills at least sometimes all of it. Right that you told me in the car the other day.
Speaker 11: He told me, I'm not the right person to ask that question because I pay for my bills.
Speaker 10: I pay for all my bills with the boyfriend. With a boyfriend. Yeah, we had that, We had that tough conversation early on.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 11: He said, there's no there's no expect expectation here, there's no entitlement.
Speaker 10: And I said, look, you still gotta.
Speaker 1: Want to buy. He's misconstruing my point.
Speaker 2: His whole thing is that when I talked about and all the bills, I'm not talking about all of her bills.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about in my home, in my habitat.
Speaker 2: This is I'm living like this. So in other words, I'm not looking for a woman to come along and pay bills where I'm living. Yeah, where I live, this is, this is my dra and I'm and obviously I believe it's gonna be upgraded enough where you know it's gonna be up to snuff and you know you'll want to be there too.
Speaker 1: But the point is that I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna take care of me, and I'm gonna take care of anybody in my habitat. That doesn't mean I'm gonna go outside and take care of your stuff.
Speaker 1: That's not what I said.
Speaker 8: So he's missing so pretty much just said it again. He's missing a whole he's saying in my my me. If you're in a house with your woman, is our house, right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Me together? But sometimes you're not always living together.
Speaker 8: We're not talking about that. If we living together, you're trying to be funny.
Speaker 15: We living together, we split in the bills. I'm not even getting a girl that can't help me. Okay, well I'm not get a girl. Okay, yeah, no, I respect that, Listen, Helen.
Speaker 1: Well no, I'm passing it. Stuff it, Listen.
Speaker 2: I gotta get on out of here. He knows it's not He wasn't raised this way. He was not raised this way.
Speaker 1: You understand. And this is the thing. And you asked the question. I'll end the show by saying this. You ask what is it?
Speaker 2: What's in it for a man? A relationship, marriage, all of that stuff. A It depends on the right woman. But if you have the right woman, one that communicates with you, one that takes care of the things you don't want.
Speaker 1: To take care of, that enables you to be positioned to take care of the things that you have to take care of.
Speaker 5: None.
Speaker 1: Let me explain. If Uncle Steve is about paying bills right, well, I want to pay bills.
Speaker 2: So when I come home, I don't feel like cooking, I don't feel like cleaning. I don't feel like doing a whole bunch of domesticated household stuff because I have no desire to do that because I've been.
Speaker 1: Working all day handling my business.
Speaker 2: If we have that understanding and she takes care of that, that's a lot that's off my shoulders that I don't have to be concerned about because she handles my business on that personal level, and that enables me to do all the things that I want to do without having to be preoccupied time wise with a whole bunch of domesticated obligations because I have nobody at home to do that for me. Not to mention the fact that I ain't got to go out and look for nothing that I want in between the sheets, because it's right there.
Speaker 1: So I got all of that going on for me too. Understand a partner that that that does matter.
Speaker 10: So this is what you get out of it, that's what you get out of it. What's your impression? What do you get out of it?
Speaker 9: So everybody's be careful, right, So everybody always asks, like Steven Ay, really your uncle, cause you know his hair and this and that.
Speaker 8: My hairline has no going to do with hereditary Oh women, did this?
Speaker 5: Whoa?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, because I've only seen you with the hat on.
Speaker 10: I've fully seen you with a hat.
Speaker 1: On until this moment.
Speaker 8: Man, And I've been bold because I was twenty two, so you just had looking off.
Speaker 1: Now y'all heard me exposing my story.
Speaker 8: Man, let me get this, Michael.
Speaker 1: I hope y'all enjoyed the show staying They shouted off until next time. That's it, y'all,