Speaker 1: From Hollywood. See you, thank you for listening to us. Ryan Air on Air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Here we go Friday morning, so that should be a ha, not a huh Friday.
Speaker 3: It's your woo from.
Speaker 2: The doctor who. It's time for Friday Woo woo. So a couple of things here, good morning, nice to see everybody. I was putting together a a three way cell phone call using the merge feature, trying to call Sisney and Tanya a few minutes ago before the show, and I get Cisiny on the way in. Yes, and then Tanya goes straight to voicemail. So Sisney says, I'll try her. I go, no, You're not gonna be able to get her, So she tries her, goes to voicemail.
Speaker 4: So the way I totally thought it was you.
Speaker 5: I was like, Ryan doesn't know how to merge calls.
Speaker 2: No, your phone redetermined on your ride in. Your phone is on do not disturb, but we may need to reach you on the ride in.
Speaker 3: I don't understand people that do do not disturb.
Speaker 2: It was on do not disturb as well.
Speaker 5: Yes, and so now what I realize, what your phone call made me realize is I need to back up my time. I do not disturb. No like two.
Speaker 4: Hours, like when I wake up, it should be off. Do not disturb one hour.
Speaker 2: Is fine, but especially the producer of the show, I mean, news could be breaking. I got to have a.
Speaker 6: Team where I turn it off at a certain point. It's when I'm walking out of the garage. I turn off what I didn't do.
Speaker 3: I don't like the feeling all the morning someone not being able to get a hold of me.
Speaker 4: So actually, you.
Speaker 5: Can have people in your emergency, like in your emergency that can get through. So market mark isn't one one of my things.
Speaker 2: Why do you put Ryan on that list? I never thought, clearly, I see where I stand. You never thought to put me on the emergency breakthrough do not disturb list. That's a great by the way, that's a really interesting indicator of a friendship. And yeah, cr on your do not disturb emergency list? Clearly? No, probably not. So you got your You can have your family on yours, is right.
Speaker 3: I don't even have it on. I don't use it so everybody can call yet, No, it's never on. Yeah, because at any moment, I can get a phone call from a boardop that something's wrong. With the station.
Speaker 2: That's the thing about. And I don't know if everybody knows that Sistany has a management role job here too, That's right.
Speaker 3: So you never know, like you'll get a phone call at two or three in the morning, then can you tell like that for some reason, like the hour is missing fifteen minutes of music or for you know, it's like some things like that happen.
Speaker 2: So to those of you listening that have that kind of a job that you could be called at any hour of the day or night for an emergency, credit to you, because that's real. That's like, you know, you could be called in for breaking I think we were called in for breaking justin Bieber News once.
Speaker 3: Actually weren't we Yeah, breaking news, the breaking news, all right.
Speaker 5: We got real heat, real heat those mornings are so I'll never forget that. I can't remember what it was. We got an emergency phone called.
Speaker 2: The Cover I think it was. It was It was when coronavirus just started and like, but I don't know really well known people were getting it.
Speaker 5: There was one morning I remember Nelson came in with flip flops, like thong flip flops with socks on. He like had so I just up and.
Speaker 2: Is that a possible cool look because I have friends that do that? And what is there comfort in the thong and a sock?
Speaker 5: No, he just did it because he was wearing socks and then like he didn't have time to put shoes on, so he just like flipped like his thongs on.
Speaker 2: There was a hard, hard toe pool to.
Speaker 4: But there's also like.
Speaker 3: A comfort of seeing Nelson like that. I just feel like, but don't you.
Speaker 2: Have friends that only live in flip flops. I have friends that live in flip flops. Their their beach side, but they live I do have.
Speaker 3: Beachside friends like that, and like the back of their heels are just like all messed up?
Speaker 2: Can I down?
Speaker 3: I tell you guys something, Well, you.
Speaker 2: Probably went to tell Sysney since now I'm not in your emergency.
Speaker 4: Oh that's serious.
Speaker 5: But I think I want to become a crocs girly.
Speaker 2: Well, you're talking to one of the like early CERs of all the time. This was the same person Tan, yeah, who called me out for wearing crocs in here. Yeah, fifteen years ago, twelve years ago.
Speaker 5: I slipped a pair on my feet the other day and I was like, I've never experienced such a cloud on my feet ever, and now I think I want to wear them like to work.
Speaker 4: Every day like a shed.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something?
Speaker 5: You're into it?
Speaker 2: I got back into my birkenstocks.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love the birkenstock.
Speaker 2: I tell you, these are old birknstocks. They're all brown in the bottom. Yeah, like they have stains from my heel as bin and my toes had been. They're molded to your foot. They're molded to my foot. And yeah, they're kind of great birkenstocks.
Speaker 3: They're yours, and you can do someone's been wearing your broken.
Speaker 2: Stocks theavid mine for such a long time. Anyway, let's see what we're gonna do today. Well, it looks like it's gonna be the hottest weekend ever. We'll talk about that. I mean, like one twelve. In some places we get these doji got tickets every hour. So I want to tell you about the morning hack in a few minutes before seven. We'll get to this. People think an I guess age can be a sensitive topic. But at the risk of sensitivity, or you think it might be something, listen to this. People think you're six years younger than you are. If you smell like this. Do you care? I do? Do you care?
Speaker 3: Six years younger?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think people already think that about me.
Speaker 2: Well, then you'll be twelve years younger if you do this now, I mean, if people were to think I'd be six years younger by doing something, it's a it's a and it's well, i'll tell you what it is. Do you care, Tanya?
Speaker 5: Honestly, not really, but I'm curious about what the sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just curious. It's like, now I want to know.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, so to each their own. I care, and I'm excited.
Speaker 1: About this one.
Speaker 2: It's coming up at six fifty five. Like, which would you choose getting rid of the mosquitoes or having people think you stink?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Would you would you mind if people thought you stunk, but you got rid of mosquitoes?
Speaker 3: Hmmm?
Speaker 2: Because the sprays don't?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: The sprays actually smell worse to me than what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't like the way the sprays smell, and they're very toxic.
Speaker 2: Is there a new breed a mosquito? I didn't. They didn't used to search me out.
Speaker 3: I haven't been gosh, knock on wood, I have not been attacked this bad this season. I don't know. Maybe they're all at your house.
Speaker 2: I tell you, maybe because I trimmed my legs this year for the first time. But they've found my legs.
Speaker 3: You must do leg I have more bees in my backyard usual.
Speaker 2: Well those are scary I have like my families are be screamers. Yeah, it comes near, they scream.
Speaker 3: We trimmed back a few of our like high drink and Hydrangees succulents because so many bees were like, you know, the succulents sprout the little flowers out of the middle. Yeah, some of the succulents like end up sprouting like the flower.
Speaker 2: The succulents always stayed like out like.
Speaker 3: They just in the summer. They sprout like a I don't even know how to describe it.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so like an architectural flower.
Speaker 3: Sure, and those little flowers attract so many bees. And so we had to cut all of those back, which michaels like, you're being so mean to the bees. I was like, I can't have the I can't even get into my car.
Speaker 2: He's enthusiast, you know, Well, he's choosing the bees over you getting a free pathway to your car.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I've tried every mosquito, repelling every candle every spring.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you what I'm doing. It's repelling some people near me, but it's also working with the mosquitoes now. And that's just an eating garlic, I meaning more garlic. Eat more garlic, I'm telling.
Speaker 3: You, and like rubbing it on your skin.
Speaker 2: I actually can. I can handle raw garlic. But if you take a garlic cloth and you chop off the top and you put it in the oven and just roast it, yeah, it's good and you can.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm picturing. It's easy to eat roasting it like that and using it as like a handheld like rub like literally rubbing.
Speaker 2: On the outside of my skin. I'm sucking it in. But I'm just saying, like, if you start adding garlic to your meals, it might help. It's helped me. It's been one of the we all that rain. So they're saying it's going to be the worst mosquito summer ever. Oh so garlic sales may.
Speaker 3: Spike, oh my gosh, but.
Speaker 2: People around you don't love it.
Speaker 3: I don't love garlic. I love a roasted garlic and all that but anytime there's like a big chunk of it and like a salad or a pasta, whatever, and I accidentally bite into it, I'm like, oh, man, there it is.
Speaker 2: Oh that's like me getting to the pop.
Speaker 4: Cart.
Speaker 2: How about those who steal the majority of the artichoke cart with a split artichoke Michael, Oh, how rude. We worked our teeth to me to get to the heart in the leaves, which are worth nothing, nothing, And then you have the heart, steeler artichoke heart Michael, is it?
Speaker 3: No, he'll leave. He actually prepares it very nicely, and then he'll cut it up and then he'll leave the last piece very selfish.
Speaker 2: What if you're on a date and you share an artichoke with the guy and he and he ate it. He didn't share it or the majority of it. He's so messed up.
Speaker 5: Red flag beige, black, red flag, beige flag, red flag.
Speaker 3: I think it's a red flag. No, you need someone that prepares it.
Speaker 2: I love an artichoke. A lot of work, but I love it. Oh, back room and mean said, good morning, good morning. Are we doing good? Would you? I'm to do the morning hack? I would care if I had this scent and people thought I was six years younger, Tanya undecided or does it really but wants to hear it, and Sisney thinks she's already considered younger than she is.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: So would you care, MICHAELA, No, Well I'm glad I picked this out. Would would you care?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because I like more of like a masculine Well you know what.
Speaker 2: The scent sense. You don't know what the scent is.
Speaker 3: But if it's not masculine, true, very true?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, to whom it make concern? Pink grapefruit, the smell of pink grapefruit.
Speaker 3: I care now, can't do it right, but so easy.
Speaker 2: Pink grapefruit. Yeah, now, I don't know. Do you put it on you?
Speaker 5: There's like a lot of pink grapefruit in different perfumes and stuff.
Speaker 2: So if you find a pink grapefruit perfume, hey, I mean I would wear I don't mind that as a cologue.
Speaker 3: Grape fruit is as little stingy for me.
Speaker 2: Well, if it's in a you know, fragrance, it's not stingy.
Speaker 3: I just don't there's a bitterness to grapefruit, so if you eat it, but we're talking about spraying on you I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Are you going to change to this scent?
Speaker 5: No way?
Speaker 2: Funny you asked, No way, You're said, I've been researching. I've been researching men's colognes that have grapefruit aromas. Not a lot happening.
Speaker 5: Your scent is so distinct. If I ever smell it in the wild, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can smell it from like a mile away.
Speaker 5: It's not a bad thing.
Speaker 4: No, it's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like your signature. It's like literally your signature to other.
Speaker 2: People if you smell it on other people. I thought it was discontinued.
Speaker 5: I've smelt it rarely, Like I've smelled it once or twice.
Speaker 2: I think it is discontinued, and you have to buy it like a secondhand perfume shop. I can't tell you where it is.
Speaker 4: To give out your secrets.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to a Friday Morning quote today. If you're always having to be the bigger person, maybe you shouldn't be around so many little people. If you're always having to be the bigger person, maybe you shouldn't be around so many little people like little minded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so good, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Just FM headlines with siciny well.
Speaker 3: It is official. For the first time in more than sixty years, SAG after actors have joined riders on the picket lines after the National Board voted unanimously to issue a strike order to have members walk off the job. It is the first strike for actors from film and television shows since nineteen eighty and it's the first time two major Hollywood unions have been on strike at the same time since nineteen sixty when Ronald Reagan was the Actors Guild president. Now, the South Coast Air Quality Management District isshoed an ozone advisory yesterday for much of the South Coast air Basin and Coachella Valley due to the heat wave. Temperatures over the weekend will reach highs in the hundreds in the IE one tens in the Coachella Valley. The advisory will be in effect from ten am today through eight pm Tuesday and h The two point two billion dollar project to improve the four H five Freeway in Orange County is almost finished, and it's set to be completed by the end of this year. The project adds one general lane in each direction between Coasta Mesa and the Orange County and La County line on air with a Ryan Seacrets.
Speaker 2: It is hot and going to be really hot this weekend. Elevated fire dangers would be careful. Also, you know you gotta think about your pets. You think about your pets and your grandparents? Are your pets?
Speaker 3: Are the grandparents? Is interesting way? Why are we thinking about our grandparents.
Speaker 2: Because they can like have heat illness easily. Your grandparents, your pets, and your kids. I know, stand doors are go to the beach. Beach City's gonna be flooded this weekend with people. And I mentioned earlier, but there's a chief did you guys even know the chief heat advisor told me this mark. We're trying to find out who that is and talk to them, right, the chief Heat officer get around now?
Speaker 3: Is this their only job?
Speaker 2: Well, this is a lot of heat. Well, if you think about the impact of heat, you've got illnesses, you've got fires, it's a.
Speaker 5: Lot of wars like every day, if you think about the sun as present every day.
Speaker 2: I don't think there was a chief Heat officer five ten years ago. It's because the summers seem hotter, right, so it was news to me. We'll talk to you, hopefully the Chief Heat officer crazy. But first, let's play staff match game.
Speaker 9: Kay.
Speaker 2: I don't know when I've had more fun than when we play this game with callers or with ourselves. Bring it on, so please feel free to yell in your homes and your cars. Yeah, the answer that you think it should be. Okay, So let's play is everybody play along staff, mar give me the host.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Ryan, you are the contestant.
Speaker 2: I'll get a phrase with the blank starting this other fun thing. I never get to be the contestant. Yeah, so I'm very excited about being the contestant. Yes, and then we'll play match game with some callers beginning next week.
Speaker 5: Always a bride, never a bribe.
Speaker 2: And that's what I was trying to say.
Speaker 3: We have yet to all match as a staff.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing. We thought we knew each other until we screw this game up every time. All right, let's play. All right, here we go.
Speaker 6: We rarely match at all, actually, so let's see how we do today. First one is yeah, blank cream, blank cream.
Speaker 2: The folks on everyone's face.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get what you're going to write.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think what I'm going to write you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're the contestant.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't yell at the contestant. Then you're supposed to be a good host. I'm a panel all right, you're a panelists, fine, same, all right, So I'm ready. Let's see.
Speaker 3: There's a few options here.
Speaker 2: Ryan, blank cream. What did you say? Sour cream? That's one? I mean, how well do you know me? Guys? I know? Okay, Mark, hand cream, handed cream?
Speaker 5: Vanilla cream.
Speaker 2: Is vanilla cream. I don't like. I don't know food.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, I said sour cream.
Speaker 2: Family to heavy cream. Why is it ridiculous with you? A whip could have been another one the other day with hivy cream. Okay, well, thank you to tell us we're gonna make tonight later. Whipped cream was my second. Guess. Here we go.
Speaker 6: Mark is blank blanket?
Speaker 2: Blank blanket? What I got him done?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: This is not that tough.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, everybody's written.
Speaker 2: Ryan, what did you say? My blanket?
Speaker 3: Oh, my gosh, I can't my blanket.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see blanket. Well that's what you would think when you see your blanket. My blanket?
Speaker 3: I said, weighted blanket.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, we have to do a third one market. Everybody's face all right.
Speaker 5: Tan picnic blanket, think picnic blansket?
Speaker 4: I said pig in a blanket?
Speaker 2: You added a preposition, but good? Okay? And tops wool blanket. Okay, one more, Mark, one more with each other either unique responses, but like I have my favorite blanket, your blanket, your security.
Speaker 3: It would have been a good one.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, Next up, first blank, first blank?
Speaker 6: Done, me too, els reading and waiting for eye contact from sicy.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Not great, right, what did you say for first blank? First dibbs?
Speaker 3: Okay, definitely did not say that first dibbs?
Speaker 2: Right, everybody, No.
Speaker 6: I don't feel good about any matches.
Speaker 2: Let's just do a new one.
Speaker 10: Okay, first job, first base, ruby, first kiss toobs, first base.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's wait so much? Oh my god, it is a game you should stop playing with your family because you may realize you're not related. And plus Mark likes the host, so thinks I will explain. Uh, sistany's pointing out that have a what is something about marry thing going on my hair?
Speaker 3: You know, like when it goes like straight ups?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do notice it because I can see it, but I didn't think of it in that context. First tiny tell us what's coming up in the trending report.
Speaker 5: So, have you ever thought, as a normy, what it would be like to data celebrity?
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to think of the Taylor Lotners. Okay, so no, Actually my hair is standing up a little straight on the top and not moving because I got a new brush and it's got thick bristle, and so when I brush up the thick bristles keep it standing up like that. Now that I can see the background of the on Anthrone Seacrest logo behind me, it looks as if it's got its own lifestyle. It just looks straight up to me.
Speaker 5: Look, yeah, it's different, not as curly.
Speaker 2: It's a new brush, new brush, not new product, new brushed brubush. I never used a brush. I just start using a brush. All right, let's get to the trending report, Tony, what do you have?
Speaker 5: Okay? So I think we all, at one point or another have imagined what it would be be like dating a celebrity. So Taylor Latner, we know him from Twilight and now the new Taylor Swift music video. His wife, Tayltner, she is a yeah, I know, I know. And then you throw a Taylor Swift in the mix. It's just like the Tale of Three Tailors, but she is. Taylatner is a registered nurse, and the two of them have a podcast together, and there's this one episode of their podcast where it was just the two of them and they were talking specifically about a normy meaning Tay Latner dating a celebrity, Taylor Lotner, and that was such an interesting conversation because like, you don't really think of it from that perspective. But Taylor Latner responded to a question where he basically was scared to date a normal person, meaning a non celebrity, to which he said, you don't know well enough how you would interact when we are over at our friend's house and one of the people at a party is Justin Bieber, And he went on to say that like his now wife was like super cool and was cooler than he was around Justin Bieber. And then Tay Latner, his wife, talked about how when they were dating, she would meet people and they would say hi to her, but then they would block her out of the conversation, like she didn't even exist. So like people would come up to meet the Taylor Taylor and Taylor, and they would only talk to Taylor the Boy Lautner and not talk to his girlfriend at the time, and just kind of treat her not the same way.
Speaker 3: Almost like she was like his assistant or publicist or someone.
Speaker 5: That like did not give her the time of day, which I found to be really interesting. And then Taylor the Boy Lautner said he judges people's kind confusing, but he judges people's.
Speaker 3: Characterstand He judges people's characters basically on how the.
Speaker 5: Not just her, but other people. Yeah, in his circle that aren't famous ahead of time? What did It was hard because I'm like.
Speaker 2: You should have warned me. I need to write down my family tree.
Speaker 5: They go by Taylor, Taylor, Toy, and Tay.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I think that's a by the way, I can't I judge this as like a word that is triggery. But I judge people based on how they treat people that For example, I are at a restaurant that like are waiting on you, like no eye contact, no hello, no greeting, bothers me a lot, allus me a lot a lot more. Actually fows me a lot more. But I think it's true when like when I'm somewhere. I do make an effort to try and talk to everybody, you know, even if I know just one person, I try and include everyone in the conversation. And another thing I do is like I'll like, if we're at dinner and we're talking, and you're talking to somebody and you're trying to incorporate everybody, just put like my hand on their forearm, you know, like you try to include. Just trying to include everybody, because it is the worst when you're when you're excluded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're treating yeah right, Yeah, it's not a good feeling.
Speaker 5: It was such an interesting perspective to think about, you know, like think about your dating some he's so like Chris Pratt or something, you know, and you're just like enore me and you two just go to like a concert together and everyone's just talking to him.
Speaker 4: It sucks.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it'd be overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So who's the celebrity you wanted to date?
Speaker 5: Remember it was Zachary Levias, am god it But that was like yesterday, actually not so far off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had a lot back in the day. I think, like Josh Dumel probably, I mean, yeah, Ryan uh Reynolds, not Gosling.
Speaker 2: Reynolds, any of the.
Speaker 3: Ones. Yeah, Calvin Harris is kind of there, but like I was kind of with Michael in the Calvin Harris era, more like a crush. He's too tall, too all tall.
Speaker 2: So for me, it's a weird thing. I have more interest in, like looking at David Beckham than thinking about someone else, like I look at it.
Speaker 5: I'm sure back in the day you wanted to date like Chris, what's your name? Christy Brinkley?
Speaker 2: Why can't I have my own answer? Why her name is not Christie Creasley. I think it's a different family, different choice.
Speaker 3: Love it all right, So you.
Speaker 2: Know, think about this while you're driving. Look down at your sphenomeenter what's it read? What's it say? But they they're doing this right. They're introducing in some places the speed camera program in southern California. SYST has it details if you want to check it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Glendale apparently it's going to be the first of the pilot cities with these new speed cameras at the speed camera program. A bill is being worked through the state legislator right now. But the cameras would be measuring your speed.
Speaker 2: So so, just so I thought we had this now is it red light stop sign?
Speaker 3: That that is red light stop sign?
Speaker 5: That's not speed No, they have like where they have the speed limit. Sometimes they have a thing that tells you.
Speaker 2: But I always think that's got me. No, there's a guy they are shooting me.
Speaker 3: That's just kind of like a warning, like hey, like you're speeding slowers ro right, there's I know there's one like on Cold Water Canyon and I always like see that one and like.
Speaker 2: But there's not a photo there.
Speaker 3: There's not a photo. It's just like one of those things that just kind of stands there all the time and just yeah, just tracks your speed.
Speaker 2: Has anybody done this yet? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Other cities have had a lot of success. Chicago, Denver, Portland, they've had success with their speed cameras. New York reduced speeding by seventy three percent. So they're seeing this all around the US and they're like, yep, bring it to Los Angeles. So they're hoping that this would be a positive thing here in LA. The camera would be put near schools and in places with a history of traffic violence and street rate seen.
Speaker 2: Specifically well that it's been the crazy thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. So I think. I think I'm here for it. But citations would start at fifty dollars for eleven to fifteen miles per hour, and then they would go up from there. So the higher the speed, the higher the ticket.
Speaker 2: So around schools and in certain areas, it's very, very helpful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here for it, brim.
Speaker 2: And do you think we will all get one? At some point?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Get a ticket?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think about your drive in this morning. Could you've gotten one?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yes, the drive in this morning. There's not a person on the road I came.
Speaker 5: I am happy to slow down if it means the drag racing will stop.
Speaker 2: Well that I agree with you.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I will never speed by a school like.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I'm saying. If they put it in our like your commute in there is no one there, But then you justify going a little faster because there's no one around. That camera will get you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't they be turned off at nighttime?
Speaker 2: No, they're not giving you hall passes. Oh you know what they work early? No camera? Yeah, well so I guess they speak. Cameras are currently illegal in California. That new bill would change it, so very it's a big thing.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: That's another one of my favorite songs. Wow, that flow right a track I played a few minutes ago, and what it is? Leg listen, fire hydrants, leg lifts and fire hydrants. Does Robbie do those? Did Michael? Do they do these stuff for their glutes?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm not in his what Michael does though, I don't watch Michael workout really well.
Speaker 5: Were we go to classes together. Roby and I go to classes together, and I'll actually use a bigger weight for my like donkey kicks and leglifts than he does.
Speaker 2: He goes very You're very excited about it. I can tell five work on your face.
Speaker 5: He goes like double the weights of mine with arms, but I am heavier on the season.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised Michael posts his workouts all the time. I've watched them on Tuesdays.
Speaker 4: I think that's we have.
Speaker 3: So we have like a little gym in our garage and there's a ring camera in there, and sometimes I watch. I do watch his workouts on the camera, but it's more arms. Usually. Yeah, when I'm fine, I'm a.
Speaker 2: Let's get to it. Hometown hustler time. Now, this is I just love This segment celebrating people here in different cities and communities that follow up passion, that are doing something that they love and actually can make a living by doing it. So we're gonna meet Anthony and a Deal from Able Coffee Roasters. Listen to this. They're working with special needs kids and communities. They've been doing for ten years and they saw there was a need for employment opportunities for people with disabilities, and so they came up with a concept that helps solve that problem. A Deal and Anthony, good morning, How are you? Hey?
Speaker 9: Good morning, Good, how are you? Good morning.
Speaker 2: We're excited to meet both of you because I just I think this concept is so cool. First of all, you've got organic coffee, which I find hard to find good organic coffee. I think that's for me.
Speaker 9: It's difficult, definitely, definitely, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But you're you're doing something really great. What made you decide to open up this coffee shop and create a safe space for people with disabilities to work?
Speaker 7: Well, I think I could answer that. I know I Deal can too. But my name's Anthony Palmery and I'm one of the founders of Able Coffee Roasters, and my background up until last year. I was a high school specialized teacher in Irvine Unified School District in Orange County, which I absolutely loved, and A Deal worked in my classroom with me, and we just saw there was such a lack of job opportunities for our students after they left us. Because A Deal and I thought high school and we taught individuals on the moderate to severe spectrum, and we had them volunteering and and turning as part of their school day at you know, different job sites like Alberton's, like a grocery store or a mod pizzas lovely, they're so accommoding another great business. And we just saw, like we started thinking, We're like, well, you know what, it would be great to create that opportunity for them ourselves, and especially since we heard from their parents after they left from us that you know, they were struggling finding jobs and you know, just opportunities for their students. And we still see that now, you know, as as employers, you know, as we have two coffee shops.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm just curious to know how what do the customers respond with? How do they feel because you've got this coffee shop, You've got these these folks with you know, disabilities working in there with a happiness to them, I'm sure. As they give people what they love every day, which is great coffee, what's the reaction.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So you know when we get our customers coming in, we have our regulars, and you know, you could kind of just tell like their their excitement. They come in specifically for you know, certain baristas and certain cashiers that you know they've developed day to day relationships. You know, coffee is a big culture no matter where you are, especially especially coffee. You know, we rowse small batch, single origin beings from a lot of different farms that we source from, you know, in different countries like Columbia, Guatemala, Ethiopia, and so those customers, you know, they truly feel we're all about inclusions, and you know that's that's what they really feel when they're there. They come in with their families or friends. Some of our locations are in like a housing you know, like an apartment building, so we have a lot of local residents that come down. Another one of our locations is right across Cassidy Ports and University, so we have a lot of students, staff and admin and you know they're just they're excited obviously, like you said, to get coffee their day to day you know, drink and fuel to get them through the day. But then obviously just seeing more stack, you know, the ones that are working, the kind of registers greeting them, practicing those social skills and just kind of like a space environment for them to be.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 9: That's been amazing us to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awesome. If you're just tuning into this, this is hometown hustler, and you can look at what they're doing Huntington Beach and Fullerton Anthony and a deal it's at abl e Able Coffee Roasters on Instagram. But creating these employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities and really a more inclusive society, that's what you're working towards.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Of course, I will also say your description of the coffee has made me want really popular items. Well listen, gentlemen, thank you very much for coming on, Thanks for doing this. This is one of my favorite segments. Meeting you real pleasure and can continue on your on your path the mission hunting to metim Fullerton Able Coffee Roasters. Take good care, guys, Thanks.
Speaker 9: Again, thank you, thank you for having us of.
Speaker 2: Course, bye bye, thank you. That's a very very great idea. It's a very good idea and you know, coming from special at teaching then to opening this up to give them a place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to work.
Speaker 2: I just love that. If you want to nominate yourself for another local business that's going after something that they love doing some really cool stuff, we're here. I love it. It's a great segment KISSFM dot com slash Hustler on air.
Speaker 1: Where the Ryan seas.
Speaker 2: So you know, Susy is going to break down some of these beaches. Are they all in Malibu? This list? Yeah, okay, and this.
Speaker 3: Is just like a little bit. There's like a bunch.
Speaker 2: So the story is, you know, I guess they're a little tricky to find or some people think they're not public beaches, but they really are, and they're less crowded.
Speaker 3: I think so. And I think when you envision yourself driving out to Malibu, you may think, oh, it's someone's private beach. I don't want to go over there, so you don't, but you actually could because it's actually a public beach.
Speaker 2: All right, So what's on the list.
Speaker 3: There is this beach specifically that this is kind of I don't want to say it, and went viral. But this is what made the initial headline that kind of created this story to begin with Lichusa Beach. It's in Malibu and you maybe have never heard about it, but this is the beach that kind of created this whole buzz. Escondido Beach, which literally means hidden beach. The entrance is just off the patio of Jeoffrey's restaurant, so.
Speaker 2: That restaurant sits up high over like houses. I've seen it. You even get to the beach from.
Speaker 3: There, exactly, but that is a beach, public beach that you could go and enjoy the day or afternoon. Bico and Amarillo Beaches there are seven access points off Malibu Road, but most are between houses, so people assume that they're private or not. You can turn onto Malibu Road from p H at the Ralphs and there you have it.
Speaker 2: Wait at the at the grocery store there where I also think you can't get to the beach because there.
Speaker 3: Are houses, yes, exactly. And Ladigo Beach there's a beach access right before some condos on seagl Way. Again looks private, but it's not.
Speaker 2: It's Candido Beach Porcono, Mario Beaches and Latigo Beach. Yeah, they'll be packed now. It's really hot this weekend.
Speaker 4: I want to go some of these, I know.
Speaker 2: Wait, so Ruby was saying, you did that list of beaches that people think are secret and private that are not in Malibu that we posted up at KISSFM dot com. You've been to? Which one?
Speaker 8: To the one by Jeffrey or Jeffries?
Speaker 3: Jeffrey, I don't know how to say.
Speaker 2: It's a restaurant of Malibu with a sign that's spelled with the G and then EO offres. So is it Jeffreys or Jeffries? I call it John No.
Speaker 3: I know a guy named jeff and he spells his name with a G like that, Jeffreys Jeffrey's.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, Well anyway, it's there, and so how do you get to it?
Speaker 8: It's a restaurant on p You walk down like behind the restaurant, like in the back patio, and then you walk down the stairs and then you kind of cross this little street and then you walk onto the beach.
Speaker 4: But you do have to walk.
Speaker 8: Uh. The way we went was like in between houses. But it is public. It just does you feel.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, it feels wrongs someone's yard.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I always watch music videos of or movies where couples are walking on this little tiny beach in it's Malibu and where is that in the boo Yeah, but where like you just you just almost you have.
Speaker 3: A named like Escondido Beach. It's like hidden beach almost like.
Speaker 2: Don't come here? Uh well, what else? The Orange County Fairs so kicks off tonight. Now, the food is always something that interests me and I I know that like normally we probably wouldn't eat some of this stuff. But if you're going to the o C Fair and you're gonna partake in fair food, it really is a highlight of just doing it.
Speaker 3: You get something fried.
Speaker 2: Who's playing tonight Beg's Abba, depeche Mode tribute bands not even them, I gotta read all they got some real performances.
Speaker 3: Tribute like wow, depeche Mode.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here, let me let's go around the studio here. So there These are some of the new and exciting foods at their debuting at the OC Fair. Egg Roll turkey dog. The egg roll turkey dog. So it's a pink hot dog grilled turkey dog, and they put them in like egg rolls, and they deep frime and then top them with siracha manes and sweet chili sauce. Would you eat that, sissy?
Speaker 4: I couldn't eat the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I would have a bite.
Speaker 2: I'm down with the bite, like I'm with you, like a bite. I'd share that with you. That No, well, that's fun. I'm not inviting you to the fair.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 2: You don't want to bite, I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: I'm just being honest.
Speaker 3: No, okay, moving on.
Speaker 2: Candied bacon wrapped pork belly hard No for me, but it is what it is. It's bacon wrapped pork belly bite candy bacon, candy bacon wrapped.
Speaker 4: So they wrapped the pork belly with bacon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sweet bacon. Bacon's dipped in sugar sauce.
Speaker 3: I want to think about that.
Speaker 2: I would miss the Beg's Tribute band because I'd be in the pork hard So far, Tanya's no fun at the.
Speaker 4: Anybody in this room try that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Anybody in the back room want that one? I would try it? All right?
Speaker 4: Good, super savory.
Speaker 2: Super savory, super all right? How about this one? How about this? There are new foods at the o C Fair outrageous. Try maple bacon smoothie frozen yogurt, whipped cream, milk and bacon with crumbled bacon on top, then more bacon blended in with maple syrup. So Tanya wants.
Speaker 4: That one, you skip the one that I wanted, so.
Speaker 2: Not coming to the fair, the one that I wanted.
Speaker 5: I do not want a bacon smoothie.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you want a bacon smoothie Tanya.
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't want that one.
Speaker 4: The bacon smoothie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I would have a sip.
Speaker 2: I would have just a tiny one straw. Now here's the one that you want. These are foods at the oc Fair opening, like deep fried s'mores on a stick.
Speaker 5: That's the one.
Speaker 2: Deep fried batter covered smore, filled with marshmallows, chocolate sauce, crushed gram cars. It's kind of a safe one. Yeah, it's not so outrageous.
Speaker 4: Cold if you.
Speaker 5: Offered me a smores anything I needed?
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting. I think every child should learn how to make a smoll.
Speaker 3: We madeores the other night.
Speaker 2: At what age do you start to teach your kids how to make smores? It's like a tradition. So write a passage. Yeah right, and you need to get all over yourself, much like you got the chocolate candy all over your face when you're in the hotel room with your boyfriend Robbie Tanya.
Speaker 4: That image, I wish I took a picture of my face. It was so good.
Speaker 3: The OC Fair on air with a Ryan Seabred.
Speaker 2: If it gets to one hundred and twelve where you are this weekend, reach out to us on the talkback button and tell us what you're doing to beat that one hundred and twelve degree heat. Looking at Santa Carie's gonna be hot, you know in that area. The Weekend watch List does not go. We are gonna present our weekend watch list. These are things that we have discovered that we're into, and then we also share with each other, which is kind of nice. And I have one this week.
Speaker 3: Yes you do.
Speaker 4: He's so proud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you even have it on the sheet and everything.
Speaker 4: Wow, somebody did his homework.
Speaker 2: Well, this is one that like came out of nowhere for me, ha ha, kind of because my parents suggested it. I was like okay, and then I started it, and the inn the first twenty minutes I was not quite sure it was for me, actually not even first one minutes in the opening sequence where they show what the series is, I was like, I'm not so sure this is for me. I'll get to in a second, but it is for me. Maybe it's for you. It's just any what's ONNY weekend watch list.
Speaker 3: So The Kardashians Season three on Hulu, I was a little behind. I honestly didn't start it when it premiered. I don't even know how many weeks ago, and I was seeing this whole Kim and Courton feud.
Speaker 4: No, I'm so intrigued, but I was.
Speaker 3: I usually keep up with them, to be honest, and just life got in the way, and so I was like, oh, yeah, I need to start The Kardashians. New season came out in the new season, and then this feud between them was just like Bruin with like all the things I was seen on social media, and so I binged the first seven episodes between like fourth of July and now, and I'm all caught up. Now.
Speaker 2: The double universe of social media and the series is always the most intriguing meta meta of it all. Yeah, it really you see it and then you see it.
Speaker 3: You see it and you see it, I know, see it, and then you see.
Speaker 2: It in the narrative.
Speaker 5: I'm watching it back.
Speaker 3: I see both sides of the sisters. I'm glad. I mean, I want to ruin it if people haven't watched it yet, but I see both sides. I'll just leave it at that.
Speaker 2: That's intriguing, I know, all right, it's cis see tany what's any weekend watch list?
Speaker 5: So the Summer I Turned Pretty Season two just is just coming out this weekend. The first three episodes of season two are out today. It's on Prime and it's basically this story of this girl who's caught in a love triangle between two brothers.
Speaker 2: It's for me, It's for me.
Speaker 4: The first season was.
Speaker 5: So good it makes it feels like summer in the show, and so I love that they premiere it in the summer. But season two is out and I cannot wait to watch it.
Speaker 2: Can I start on season two?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no no no, no?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 5: Because season one sets the scene of the two brothers, and like.
Speaker 2: The Summer I Turned Angry, just happened.
Speaker 5: Now she like the older one, there is the more mysterious one, and she really has like she really likes him, but then the one that's a little bit younger, he's sweeter, so she should like him, you know.
Speaker 3: It's like bad boy, good boy, dirty little girl.
Speaker 4: No, they're like young.
Speaker 5: She's like sixteen or something.
Speaker 4: Like more my boy the two brothers.
Speaker 2: Oh, and don't start in season two? Ruby, what's on your weekend? Watch it?
Speaker 8: So I just watched this with my sister and we were both like sobbing in the theaters. It's called Past Lives, and it's about two deeply connected childhood friends who basically get separated because the girl ends up immigrating from South Korea to the US and so they kind of lose touch and then fast forward to like twenty years later they reconnect, but at this point, she's living in New York City and she she is married, so she has like her a whole new life and they reconnect and it's just like there's so much going on. They kind of have feelings for each other too, and they end up going on kind of like a date the husband, the wife, and then her old friend from childhood. And so yeah, I'll leave it at that, because it's it's, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: All the theaters. Yes, I love a public cry.
Speaker 3: A public cry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just concid avatar for me.
Speaker 2: All right, follow me on this one. Follow me on this one. Mom and Dad, Connye Gary say to me, Rdnie, you got to watch the series normally, I say sure, and I don't. I did, and I thought this, I've watched it when you mentioned it.
Speaker 4: It's okay, That's what I told him.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to tell you about the novella that I am obsessed with right now. I can't stop watching. How many did you get?
Speaker 4: Just the first? Is it like episode or yeah?
Speaker 2: There this episode? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Seasons?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was thrilled to isn't that the greatest one? You're gifted with? Knowing there's a second season. I can't put it down. It's my favorite new novella. It's called The Marked Heart. It's on Netflix. So this guy's wife and he's a little dark. It's dark for is it like a dark dark dark? But in the beginning it has a novella opening, there's like darkness and then two people naked on top of each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, and describing like the drama and like the over the top acting almost like I was just like it sounds like you're watching I don't know if it is like it sounds like very much shot.
Speaker 2: It's it was shot in Colombia. It's in Spanish, and then it's dubbed for me to watch it, but it was shot there anyway. This guy's wife is murdered in order to remove her heart and transplant it into the wife of a powerful person, like an underund market of stealing a heart, and then this new woman gets it. Well, it turns out that that heart in the new person begins to be attracted to the guy whose wife was killed because it's her heart. Yeah, and they begin to fall for each other.
Speaker 6: So good.
Speaker 2: It's like the greatest drama. I've thank you Mom and Dad. And there's two seasons. The gift keeps on giving. It's called The Marked Heart novella Fridays who Always love to bring in another family member or the kiss family member. Kayla Thomas is with us right now. What is on your watch list? We're just talking about what we're watching right now. What are you watching?
Speaker 4: I'm actually watching Cruel Summer on Hulu. Yeah, it's really good. It's like a dark and twisted teen show, but it's like nineties nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was Sally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: What's is called the pretty Summer Cool?
Speaker 5: I'm watching the Summer I turned pretty?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't heard of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, watching them the opposite.
Speaker 2: I'm watching a telenovella and I'm very excited. All right, So wait, Cayle, this is exciting. You go and you check out our hometown hustlers and you go meet them on location. And this is one of my favorite segments that we do, you know, going to different parts of southern California and celebrating people who are taking It's hard to have the bravery to go pursue something that you absolutely love. Fortunately, we all love this work and we get to do that, which maybe is why it strikes us a little bit. But for someone who's got a job and they've got responsibilities and then they say, you know what, I'm just gonna go for it because I know my heart is in it and I'll make it great. Who have you met from the Hometown Hustle list that's made an impression?
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 11: I have met so many different people from different walks of life, and I love it because you know, I'm kind of new here. I've been here a year and a half, so it's really gotten me acquainted with southern California because I feel like I've been everywhere for Monnies in aage too man, so many different places, but I love it. I think some of my favorites were probably in Long Beach, and it's the ones that like really have a good story. Black Sheep Salon. I did that one a couple months ago. That one really stood out. They're a salon that, like, they specialize in helping people who are disabled. So every and even the entire staff they like employ disabled people, but everything from the parking space is accessible to the seedings that you sit in when you're getting your hair down and getting you know, to feel cute. They make it so that anybody who's any size can sit there. They specialize in like autoimmune disease, so they have air ventilations for people who you know, are you know, compromise.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I was like just hearing the story and how it came.
Speaker 2: To be was just beautiful And to think that like that doesn't exist, Yeah, that that it's like today you're gonna meet Anthony and a deal from Able Coffee Roasters and they think the same way.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: One was teaching special ed kids and thought, you know, there's no place for a lot of them to go, get a job, feel safe and really excel. And so they created this coffee house which I can't wait for you to taste the coffee. Oh, sounded really good to It's organic coffee. But they too were thinking along the same lines. And so these young people with disabilities get a chance to work and thrive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, so very exciting. All right, this weekend, what's happening. We're giving away some cool stuff, right, you're on what are you on? You're on tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm on tomorrow on from two to six and Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So we're giving away tickets to Hard Summer Fest that's going down in August. That'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Who's that Hard Summer Fest?
Speaker 4: I know it's Diplow. It's gonna be on their skate. Yes, a lot of good.
Speaker 3: Artists, grillas. Oh wow, Dylan Francis.
Speaker 2: Listen this week he's gonna be very hot. So be glad you'd be in the studio in the ac here. Kiss.
Speaker 3: Do you know who else you missed? Ryan that came over here? The bar boys bartending.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, they came to kiss.
Speaker 3: They came to kiss.
Speaker 2: It was, oh, we really drunk, Like dude, they did they hang after?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did they hung for like two hours or three hours making drinks?
Speaker 4: And yes, they're so much fun.
Speaker 11: They're like two guys who met in college. They were neighbors and they say, hey, we like making drinks.
Speaker 2: So they made a business out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mobile bartending service.
Speaker 2: Oh I know. I met them on the show and then I asked them how often you get invited to stay after your gig? And they're like, every time? Yet every time.
Speaker 1: On air on air with a Ryan Seacret.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna do it for us, guys one on two point seven Kids FM, so sad, thank you for I know, well, guess the good news is eighteen forty this weekend you can tune in to not hear me, but a guest host and you got the vibe.
Speaker 3: Got the vibe. I'm on to eleven. If you guys want to stay on.
Speaker 2: You know what, why don't we just watch this need do her next hour? We totally fulfilled.
Speaker 5: Oh, I actually have a great text I should send you to send you off on your weekend in a really good moody.
Speaker 2: Can just say it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can say it. My friend Becca Tilly sent me a text that was a picture of you, and she I forgot how hot Ryan was. I mean, he's still hot, but like, look at this, this is Paul Walker vibes. And she sent me a picture of you.
Speaker 2: What was she doing with that picture?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I thought you'd like it.
Speaker 2: Didn't that make you feel Yes? It made me feel great. And I love that she corrected, not the was, but thing like, yeah, thank you, Becka Tilly, very sweet. All right, coming up, We've got Ryan's roses on Monday. Also, we got Disneyland tickets every hour starting on Monday. Drake tickets every hour starting on Monday as well. Thank you everybody. I have a fantastic, safe weekend. H It's gonna be super hot. Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again Monday