Speaker 1: Your execution on the Donkey of the day is something to go for.
Speaker 2: You to reason.
Speaker 1: He gave me donkey other day and I deserve that. You need to know. You need to tell them, I am you have tell them it's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 2: It's a read.
Speaker 1: But you're so good at charlamage.
Speaker 3: It only want charlomage.
Speaker 1: It's recording you ready for people that don't know.
Speaker 3: Uh, Jess Larius is actually doing the recording for the Charlomagne's Donkey day.
Speaker 1: When you work at iurheart, you got to have multiple job, all right.
Speaker 2: Donkey today for Wednesday, April ninth, goes to a three hundred and fifty pounds teacher named Jason Rodgers. Now, I am not here to fat shame anyone this morning. I wouldn't even be bringing this man's weight into this donkey if it was impertinent to the story. In fact, in an effort not to fat shame Jason Rodgers, I will say nice things like I believe Jason Rodgers has a six pack.
Speaker 1: It's just hidden underneath a protective layer of fat.
Speaker 2: Okay, the same women, the same way women have like protective handstyles like.
Speaker 1: Corn rolls and wigs, right jests, and twist.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people get fat on purpose to protect the incredible.
Speaker 1: Physique they have underneath all that.
Speaker 2: Okay, fat people can unlock that hidden character in that video game anytime they want to. Okay, I am not here to fat shame anyone this morning. Fat people are in shape. Round Round is a shape anyway. Jason Rodgers was charged with malicious punishment of a child after he allegedly stepped on three students' backs during a lockdown drill.
Speaker 1: Let's go to KBTXCBS three for the report.
Speaker 2: Police.
Speaker 4: An Underwood, Minnesota teacher is facing charges after deputies were called to an area hospital for a report of an assault. Jason Rodgers is charged with one count of malicious punishment of a child and his on administrative leaf from the school district. Deputies were called to Lake Region Hospital for a reported assault at Underwood School. A sixth grader says that he was laying on his stomach during a lockdown drill when Rogers stepped on his back with both feet. The records indicate that Rogers weighs more than three hundred and fifty pounds, and Rogers admitted to stepping on three students who weren't cooperating during the drill. He scheduled to be in courts on April eighth.
Speaker 2: What I feel like I tell y'all this once a week, but please don't become a teacher if you truly don't care about kids.
Speaker 1: Jason, you know you three hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 2: What the hell you doing stepping on those kids for you told police that you were frustrated they weren't taking the lockdown drill seriously. Well, there was other ways to show them why they should take this seriously. What if those kids were frustrated you weren't taking your health seriously. What if they told you that you should be teaching history, because just like history, you are heavy and full of layers. Not to mention, during a lockdown drill, they didn't need you to lock the door because your big ass was already blocking the entrance.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't even need a damn barricade. All we need you.
Speaker 2: To do is stand in front of the door that human wall were built in snack storage.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I am not fat shaming, by the way, I'm just making observations, all right. Jason stepped on these students because he was frustrated with them. Well, what if they bought a scale for you to step on every day because they frustrated with your big bodied self. Not to mention, a lot of the kids were complaining that mister Rodgers assigned homework like he ordered fast food in bulk and with no shame. Mister Rogers, Fat mister Rogers, Fat mister Rogers is crazy. Okay, fat mister Rogers sat down to tie his shoes and it was considered a two part episode. Okay, fat mister Rodgers trolley didn't go to the land and make believe and went to the land of all you can eat. There is not a cardigan in America that could fit fat mister Rogers. Okay, fat mister Rogers wouldn't wear a cardigan. He would wear a weighted blanket with button with buttons. Okay, fat mister Rogers. Cardigans weren't hand knit. They were engineered by SpaceX and they had the ability to whistand body heat and snack crumbs.
Speaker 1: But I am not fat shaming. I am just.
Speaker 2: Making observations about a situation. See what's sad is kids trust in adults. Okay, you are a teacher. These kids parents dropped them off every day to be in your care. So when I hit one of the children say I did not know why mister Rogers did this, because mister Rogers didn't say anything about it, didn't even try to correct them. He's just sitting there all fat and frustrated, Okay, portly and perturbed, dumpy and disturbed.
Speaker 1: Didn't even tell the kids what the issue was.
Speaker 2: And then if the kid described it, just stepped on him like he was a stepping stool. I bet money Jason Rodgers thinks more of the stepping stool than he does those kids, because I don't think Jason Rodgers would risk putting that three hundred and fifty pounds a weight on a stepping stool. Okay, he's three hundred and fifty pounds. This man is terrified of the word steps. Ask his fitbit all right. When the class heard the child yell out, they thought that mister Rogers had broke the child's back. Man, it's not funny, man, This is what the report says.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 2: Jesus, won't you be my neighbor, my ass especially not on a plane.
Speaker 1: This is sad.
Speaker 2: I can't trust you to properly teach my kids. Jason Rodgers, lunchtime can't be you and the student's most favorite time of the day pop tarch pop quizzes.
Speaker 1: What do you enjoy more? Mister Rogers? Listen. The moral of the story is a quote from John C. Maxwell.
Speaker 2: Students don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. I repeat, students don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. When students feel cared for, they are more likely to be engaged in the learning process and motivated to succeed. It's that simple. And one thing's for sure. Two things for certain. I know Jason wasn't no gym teacher. Please give Jason Rodgers the sweet times of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you are the dog gee.
Speaker 4: Of the day, dog gee all the day. Yee.
Speaker 1: How old are these kids?
Speaker 2: I think it's just sixth grade? Sixth grade? Yeah, so that's the whole classroom. Really, if you think about it, at least take you at least let me see. I would say at least five kids to be three fifty in sixth grade. Kids were one hundred pounds this grade, maybe right, maybe the eighty ninety, close to one hundred.
Speaker 1: So what you'd be like twelve thirteen years. I don't know. He might be a math teacher. I was strong those additions back to uphold that three. They weren't the man they said the kill.
Speaker 2: The kid yelled out in pain and traumatized the whole class.
Speaker 1: The class thought the kid's back was broke.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about I couldn't hold a three hundred fifty pounds person stepping on my back. Could you imagine Mac, one of our producers, standing on your back?
Speaker 2: You do realize that's what the whole Donkey to Day was about. I'm just saying, but that's literally what the hold I think my back would really do. Bro The fact that he shouldn't have been three hundred fifty. You shouldn't be standing on no kids back. I thought Mac was walking in. I got a little nervous. All right, what they thank you for that donkey today, sir, And just thank you for holding the camera, you know, I like it, just trying out other jobs just in case around here.
Speaker 3: Just all right when we come back. Larry Murrow will be joining us. He's the owner of Morrow Hospitality Group. He owns several restaurants in Louisiana New Orleans area, A bunch of clubs hiding Seak Treehouse, Morrow State. One of the greatest entrepreneurs in the country, Mango, and we're gonna talk to him.
Speaker 1: Next, it's the Breakfast Club, Go Morning. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull, Lamb and Soft. Don't be a donkey When you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.