Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: NFL Week one is here and a new season mean new ways to get in on the action. That Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Fans have spoken, we want to bet touchdowns. Draft King hurt us and is delivering. Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to do a touchdown dance of your own? New Draft King customers bet five dollars to get two hundred and fifty in bonus bets instantly plus one month of NFL plus premium on US. Draft Kings Sportsbook app use Coach Shannon that's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks and get one month of NFL plus premium on US. Offer ends nine to nineteen only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven of an eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction Voyd and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Oh the same week might have been locked up head coaching Mike McDaniel for the long haul. The Dolphins are doing the same for their cornerstone corner of their defense, Jalen Ramp and the Dolphins have agreed to a terms of a three year deal worth seventy two point three million dollars two, which is one hundred one thousand dollars more we watch Patrick Setan, who had just reached became the highest paid corner. Jalen ramsey new deal twenty four point one million a year excuse me, makes him the highest paid corner in the NFL, again, passing Patrick certain who is the highest paid at twenty four million for all of twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's only right. It's only right.
Speaker 5: Jalen Ramsey to me, one of the better corners in the league that doesn't get the credit he deserves, especially.
Speaker 4: A man of man end zone, a student in this game, very smart, one of the best to ever played.
Speaker 5: So why not do right by him. You're gonna be a corner stone in that defense. Xamon Howard is gone, he's your cat. Wait a, yeah, yeah, come on.
Speaker 2: Now, But dealing with you said Howard is gone, Chubb is coming off an injury, Philip is going off an injury. I think one of the linebackers. I think Howard. I think he's gone. So they got them some some things going on. They really need ram And they written, but he might not play.
Speaker 6: Uh uh, Jayleen.
Speaker 4: Ramsey, ain't nothing wrong with him, Ain't nothing wrong.
Speaker 6: With John They said he might he's a game might be a game time decision.
Speaker 4: Oh no, he good, trust me good, he good? He good?
Speaker 5: My dog, my dog gonna play. Who the Dolphins got? Who the Dolphins got Sunday?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: Who the Dolphins play?
Speaker 1: Ash the jack Jacksonville, Oh hey by jackson man Hold on Now.
Speaker 4: Jacksonville got Brian Thomas Jr.
Speaker 2: Bright Yeah, and they got Gave Davis, and they got Christian Kirk, Chris christ Yak and they got the tight end.
Speaker 6: That they got that they signed a couple.
Speaker 4: Of hey Man, Now Jalen got the play Now he.
Speaker 6: Got Jalen on the injury report.
Speaker 4: No, my dog gonna hurt.
Speaker 7: He hurt.
Speaker 4: He good, he good, he got to play. Hey that guy damn Brian's thom Brian Thoman Jr.
Speaker 2: Hey Man, he's on the injury report on yall with a hamstring. Mike McDaniel said the other day he was uncertain if he's going to play on Sunday.
Speaker 4: God damn it, for real.
Speaker 6: He didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday.
Speaker 4: I don't like that.
Speaker 6: I'm just telling you Bill, Listen.
Speaker 5: I don't even like the way that sounds. Jayleen, Jalen soft tissue injury. T Higgins soft test injury, and listen. And there's only one common denominated. It comes down to one thing, what nutrition? Because I know they I know they're eating healthy, and that's the problem. Jayleen, I know you're gonna see this.
Speaker 6: Hey, T.
Speaker 4: Higgins, I know you're gonna see this y'all need to holler at me. Man, y'all need to holler me.
Speaker 5: I don't care about none of them nutritionists and all them specialists that they got in at these facilities. They're telling you all this stuff. You don't need to be hearing. We need to build a callous in the body. You need to come see me outr versus science. Don't listen, o jo, Hey, listen to me. Never been hurt, Never been hurt. The proof is in the pudding. Never been hurt. I played reckless, man, You been slip me boo what I played?
Speaker 4: Reckless?
Speaker 6: J Daniels says he wrote down c. J.
Speaker 2: Stroud's staffs from his rookie season on his phone to challenge himself for rookie campaign.
Speaker 6: CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud sixty four percent completion, forty one hundred eight yards eight yards per temp, twenty three touchdown, five interceptions. Do you think Jayde Daniels can pull it off and top c J. Stroud's rookie stats? Absolutely? Absolutely, absolutely? You know why I can do it. I'm a whisper. You know I can do it. He got Terry McLaurin. Do you want to know us? Dammy Brown? Who Dayomi Brown? Okay, you know what, I don't even know who the third receiver is.
Speaker 6: No, I don't either.
Speaker 4: I don't know who the third receive is.
Speaker 2: Look, I think what I mean, c J, I mean doing Dale, Nico Collins. Uh, the tight end Dalton Showls played extremely well. Brown Noah Brown played really well. Oh yeah, that looked like it came out of place. Huh Wall who hurt?
Speaker 6: Jordan Love?
Speaker 2: Jordan Love, Yeah, like you. I don't even want to spend it. Yeah, it didn't look good.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think it.
Speaker 5: I think it's just a great one. Ale Spring Okay, I mean high angle spring.
Speaker 2: That that that looked like something and his knee gave. But I'm gonna let them make I don't want to even put that out there. Peyton Manning is rooting for a rookie quarterback to break his undesirable record.
Speaker 6: He told Pat mact mack.
Speaker 2: He said he would like to see somebody pass his mark for the most interception thrown by rookie. Peyton said, you know, rookie quarterbacks is always a little struggle with me. I wanted to get that interception record that I held the broken. I don't want to bo Nicks to break it. But you know, if a quarterback at Washington or Chicago breaks it, I'm still pulling for him.
Speaker 6: I'm a quarterback fan. But I got to get that off my resume.
Speaker 4: It ain't happening. It ain't happening. But but but what was the record was the thirteenth.
Speaker 6: Twenty eight?
Speaker 4: Twenty eight in one season?
Speaker 5: Yeah, ain't no way in hell Peyton was that bad as rookie in now.
Speaker 6: Yeah they were. He worried they were.
Speaker 2: But you got to realize that man his own plays from the jump. How many how many rookie quarterback would you trust to call their own plays?
Speaker 6: Right now? Okay, every rooky quarterback, let's just.
Speaker 2: Say Jay Daniels, Caleb Williams, bowl knicks, McCarthy's hurt, So whomever, uh Pennix Jr. You're gonna trust them to call their own plays, don't yo? Hey all know, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: I ain't no Peyton had free reign like that as his rookie. What I ain't know that man?
Speaker 6: Man, look at bad pay.
Speaker 2: Payton is always he's always been Peyton, right, He's always been paid. He's always wanted all that on his plate. He ran right walk through, He ran walkthroughs. You know, he ran walk throughs. I want this, this is what I want. He he got to play and this is what I want. This is how I wanted to go. This the tempo he's doing all that. Yes, yes, Yes, that's dope.
Speaker 4: That's dope.
Speaker 2: Yes, Peyton said the record after being drafted first overall at nineteen ninety eight. The coach finished thirteen and three. He threw twenty six touchdowns twenty eight interceptions. Damn coach Prime says Travis Hunter will play office and defense in the NFL. Let's take a listen to what Time had to say. That's what I said the other night podcast. Yes, yeah, I said, listen. I said, the money is at the receiver position.
Speaker 5: So if he gets drafted, which I'm thinking probably will be somewhere within the top five or top three, is you're drafting him as a receiver. Travis Hunter, if you see this, you're being drafted as a receiver because that's what the money is. But what teams are going to do wherever you do go or happen to go, I'm sure they will have a small package for you on the opposite side of the ball. And I said, coming in as a Nickel on third down.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was that. That's that's what I just said two weeks. I have a long going I agree, and I think I think that would be great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, doing it if you're doing it every play, but doing it every play at the highest level.
Speaker 4: Now, that ain't happening.
Speaker 6: That ain't happening.
Speaker 4: Now, that ain't happening.
Speaker 6: That's not happening.
Speaker 4: And you got to see the number one receiver. Oh no, and then.
Speaker 6: You've got to come in.
Speaker 2: Boy, No, there's there's a reason why it hasn't happened. There's been a lot of talented guys. Yeah, but to ask that's a huge ask to say that to do it every time.
Speaker 6: And I agree with time.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna have packages, if he plays defense, you have a couple of packages that come in, you throw them a fade or you throw a route that you want to get involved in. But the ask him and says, Okay, you're gonna play sixty five plays of offense, sixty five players of defense, one hundred.
Speaker 6: And thirty plays. That's not happening.
Speaker 2: It had happened in a very long time, and the guys weren't as talent and weren't as good as they are now now.
Speaker 6: So yeah, back in the thirties and forties and fifties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh Joe, we played both ways in high school.
Speaker 5: M shoot, yeah, yeah we played the play I played. Hey, listen, I played both ways in the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: But but but at that level, raises.
Speaker 4: Boy, you're exerting a lot of energy. Huh.
Speaker 2: And we impacted him some last year. Who did play Stanford? Remember Stanford? That do that three on the yards because he playing offensive defense?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That guy in Stafford. He in the top twenty receiver. He in the top thirty receiver in NFL. Right, So I'm packaging yeah, not every single down packages. So whatever he says, whatever, whatever position did he he's drafted to play, be a corner, you have a package.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying. Oo.
Speaker 2: Whatever they him, you have a package for him on the other side of the ball.
Speaker 6: But it's not a situation.
Speaker 2: Where he plays extensively on the other side of the ball.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know what, Travis Hunter could also be what he could be first player in the NFL. Right, you see how rode receivers are getting paid thirty five year thirty five or thirty matter of fact, Travis hungry would be the first one that gets paid double because he offers more than just one position.
Speaker 6: Well, I think the thing is, we see that. I like that.
Speaker 4: So he can make he can make, he can make thirty Well, by the time he gets to the league, it'll probably be and as he's up, he can make forty million.
Speaker 5: A year with an actually added bonus. But playing on the on the defensive side of the ball. Act fifteen fifteen million.
Speaker 2: We saw like a lot of times, like sugs they try to rap. Yeah, and he's like, nah, I play D line because I'm going with it because like the same thing with Michael Parsons. Michael says, I want to be a D lineman because the D lineman makes more money. You know, I'm actually I'm Joey Boson. Yeah, Nick Bosa Nick Nickas made making thirty four million.
Speaker 6: Dollars a year. Whoa shit, So he's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think what makes like twenty five twenty seven? Maybe I think you know, Miles Garrett makes like twenty five what's you called him? It's the second highest pace CJ. Chris Jones, he makes thirty one and a half. Yeah, the D linemer be making a bread So Michael's gonna want to be classified as a d lineman, probably edge rusher, not to stand up like, oh your check this out. A woman co song Co signed a sixty thousand dollars loan for her ex O.
Speaker 6: Yo. Watch this.
Speaker 4: She she did they forget a loan.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh she got lucky. That wasn't the devil. I'll be a god is good. But the deal said you do that.
Speaker 6: That was a.
Speaker 4: Listen that she's she's remember remember waiting next here, right, yes, remember Whitney using Mama told her about old boy. He's a good man, Savannah. He's a good man, Savan.
Speaker 5: That was a good woman, a good woman that's willing to do that for you for some loans.
Speaker 6: Come on now, man, Look.
Speaker 4: You don't think so.
Speaker 6: For my kids.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna pay it because you're not going to mess up my eight hundred plus credit with some blue Giant.
Speaker 6: I'm definitely not doing it for a non family member. Right.
Speaker 2: Hey, Look, my grandma takes after my grandfather died. She had not told side my grandfather I had a farm and she had tom Co sign on so much fur lives in farm equipment. Man, do you know how long it took my grandmother to pay off. I mean five thousand dollars paying twenty five dollars a month.
Speaker 4: Right, Can I tell you something?
Speaker 5: Do you understand how fortunate that young fellow was, Yeah, to have a woman do something like it like that for him. Do you know how difficult it is to find a woman that's willing to extend themselves in that.
Speaker 4: Manner, in that manner, let alone the small things?
Speaker 5: But if you think about it today, in today's era, in today's society, everything is on us.
Speaker 4: Think about it now, everything is on us. Everything. We have to do everything.
Speaker 5: You got a court, you gotta buy, you gotta do this, and if they do buy something, it's.
Speaker 4: Probably your money anyway.
Speaker 6: True, you know.
Speaker 5: So the fact that she was willing to do this out of maybe love or whatever it may have may have been.
Speaker 6: At that time, we love? What else could it be? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: Sixty dollars They don't love? Oyo.
Speaker 5: Is the funny thing about it is when you're in love, you do things that you wouldn't do when you're not in love, because you're thinking in your right mind.
Speaker 6: No, they say love is blinding. I ain't got no cataracts.
Speaker 8: I can see just fine, right, sixty so you you wouldn't do that, you know, if you were in love with it, if you was in love with the woman.
Speaker 4: Right now you're telling note, I.
Speaker 6: Ain't paying no sixty thousand dollars on shiit with nothing you got me.
Speaker 4: I just said you didn't listen to the scenario if you were in love.
Speaker 2: No, ojo, that's my My wife is one thing, a girlfriend.
Speaker 6: Right sixty grand.
Speaker 5: Hold on girlfriend, girlfriend and wife. The rules are basically the same. The only thing that's different is the document in the ring.
Speaker 2: You know what happened because when they broke up and she left the plate, he beaten somebody else back in. Now, guess what I paid for the loan. I'm paying that loan off. If somebody got a somebody got a bent over the balcony. Oh hey, oh come.
Speaker 4: On, Joe, let me tell you. Let me tell you that.
Speaker 5: Listen, I had, I had a I had, I had a wonderful, beautiful saying that I've been saying all my life. What you have to understand now? I think I think we are put on earth to experience people. We're put on earth to experience people, and at times, my grandfather told me a long time ago, son Listen, you're gonna meet people, and I want you to always remember she's not yours.
Speaker 4: It's just your turn. Yeah, it's not yours. It's just a turn. So you really can't think like that.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: Now, for for me, for instance, you do things to extend that vacation, do all the right things you can to extend that vacation in that stay as much as possible, you know, and you do all you can to keep an individual happy so it maintains itself long term.
Speaker 2: Look, I think the thing is Oho for a situation like yourself, me or yourself, sixty grand that's a lot of money. But I'm not gonna I ain't gonna lose a night of sleep. Sixty grand for her is probably like I ain't gonna say what it would be for mekay.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, I see what you mean.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying you. Sixty grand is different for different people. Right, for her, that is a stretch. Right, I'm not losing sleep over sixty thousand. But that's how you know love.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: But the problem is Oho is that, like I said, look, have I have I Look, if I care about you, I want what's best for you. I don't want even most of the most of the women that I've dated, and they'll tell you this, all of them, if they've ever asked me for something that I could do.
Speaker 6: It take off I help reason.
Speaker 5: Okay, I was waiting. I was waiting on that part. Okay, I was waited on that.
Speaker 2: Because here, look now, a lot of times I've been in situation and they've always did me a solid. They didn't say anything negative about me, didn't say anything bad, so they always good in my book.
Speaker 6: They could always Hey, Shannon, I need eggs.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got you, Shanna, I need why because I'm never gonna say anything bad about you, no matter what is transpired behind closed door. That's why I don't do anything publicly because I can break up privately. I can get with someone privately, but if I break it, but if I date publicly, if I'm posting and I'm doing all this the moment, then people start to try to fish and try to figure things out. But any any any woman that I've dated, say in the last thirty years, if they've ever asked for something monetarily and I could help them.
Speaker 5: I dead Okay, Okay, yeah, I like I like how you said, within reason.
Speaker 4: I like how you do that? You know, yeah, within because sometimes sometimes they'll continue to take and take and take and take and push the limits, see how far they can go.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I had one, did me one solid. I ain't gonna tell you what the solid is. But when it came down, she said, well she had it. I need a house, I wanted. I don't have a down payment.
Speaker 4: Come on now, listen, you said that a little too casual.
Speaker 6: Listen said that to cash he did me a solid. I be the real solid. You boy was jammed up.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay. I was in a buye okay okay.
Speaker 2: I said, I tell you what, in this situation, she could have came to me and got sixty thousds.
Speaker 6: She could have came to me and got one hundred. Foul.
Speaker 2: She didn't do that, right, You said, I just need the down payment. I said, well, how much is the down payment?
Speaker 6: She said?
Speaker 2: I said, if I give you, why, how much would your monthly payments be? Because I wanted to be as easy as it possibly can, so I tried to make it as easy as I possibly could, so her monthly payments would be something that she could manage where she wouldn't have to come back because I was in no position.
Speaker 6: I would have had no choice. Consider what she did for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like that. I like that. I like that. I like that.
Speaker 5: I like that I understand whole hardly understand where you're coming from. Yeahs based on circumstance.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 2: But look here real if you if you ever, and and my coaches, my coach, my college, my high school coach. I bought him my car, my my my remedial and Spanish teacher every game.
Speaker 6: She didn't want any think, she said, shall I just want to come see you play. I'm just just proud of you.
Speaker 2: But women that have been in my life that have been good and then try to harm become You know, everybody ain't good, but if they've been good, they know they can get it. And I don't want nothing to return it ain't no oh you getting the good? No no, no, I ain't spunned the block. I haven't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what why you do you?
Speaker 2: But you what for what she did for me? Like I said, oh, yeah, I understand.
Speaker 5: You ain't got you listen, you ain't got to go in depth from the passion and with in there passing your delivery. I already know I'm with you, and then batteran I yeah, I'm with you. I've been I've been in that situation maybe once.
Speaker 6: A Yeah, little did she know her?
Speaker 2: I so off the house, yep, while you bullge have it, because I was in as I was in a position then in now right, Oh, she could have said shut that, I need three of a thousand for a house. I'm like, can I give you the money? And I just I just paid a note on.
Speaker 4: It, right right, right, right right.
Speaker 2: My financial people go for here, asking some questions. I go, pull a three out of thousand out of this account. But what if I gave you? What if I gave you a hundred found and I just paid a note on it. I give you the money to pay the note.
Speaker 6: But hey, hey, the thing we do?
Speaker 2: Ooe you look, I said, if you if you looking, said me, Chad, I'll keep it stack with you mother, women that have ever dealt with me. I got one simple thread. Protect the brand? Yeah, can you protect the brand? I got you, I got you. Don't talk about me. We do what we do, did what we did even at that. That's why people don't know. As I didn't know you weren't supposed to know. The less they know the less people can talk. Now they can gossip, and it's either of you to lie.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Protect the brand, real, protect the brand. Ain't I ain't see it on the motherfucking couch no more, thank to see it. Man, try to put me on the goddamn couch.
Speaker 6: He put you on the couch.
Speaker 4: He tried, so he tried. I just slept on the floor right there by the bed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but hey, how mean you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: I said, my kids like, even my kids now they know what sixty grand?
Speaker 4: What the hell you need sixty grandpuck tripping?
Speaker 2: Nah, you have to come work. You have to come work for me. I just can't give you sixty grad Yeah, oh Joe out, nice time for.
Speaker 6: Q and A.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, hey, anybody in the chat Chicago?
Speaker 4: Want to pick me up from the airport tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Is Chicago? Y'all want to pick me up from the airport tomorrow? I want to go get soul.
Speaker 2: Foot the frak You got a lot of stickers up there, not the Frankie got about five stickers up there, Black Paul Fie.
Speaker 6: Can I get a night cap hat? It looks so cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got him. We got him on the We got him on the side. It's peeing at the top of the chat. Bro, you see that thing blackall. We appreciate that man. Yeah, that that cat real night's going to get one of them. Uh Dereck Derreck Juli said, will you guys ever do a show l A? If so I'm there, that might be on the right now. We're still trying to work out where the Obviously the next the next tour to stop, it's gonna be in New Orleans at the super Bowl. That's what we could definitively say. It will be probably that Thursday before that game, that Sunday, So that's our next one.
Speaker 6: But late late spring.
Speaker 2: We're probably gonna do probably five to ten cities, probably circle back in here, Atlanta and Houston, but you know, there's some other places that we want to go and and and and and and show our fans the appreciation by going out and doing live shows in that area.
Speaker 6: So uh yeah, l A l A might be one of the stops. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And matter of fact, let me tell you, let me give you a layer of land for the chat if you watch it right now.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you if you're gonna be in New Orleans.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give you a layout of the land on how it's gonna be for nightcap in New Orleans for Super Bowl. First of all, it's gonna be smoke, right, Smoke will be coming out, and then announ it's gonna be like and.
Speaker 4: Coming to the stage.
Speaker 5: Is on and O choe and then the fireworks, the pyro what you call them power, Yeah, the pyro technics. They're gonna be coming out of the fire They're gonna be coming out, coming out of the thing, right, and it's gonna be smoking everywhere, and all of a sudden, you're gonna hear the second line.
Speaker 4: Then the second line gonna be going.
Speaker 5: So the second line bean gonna come out, and then me and uncle be with the second line coming out, and then we we're gonna be on stage ah ah doing the footwork, and the footwork gonna be.
Speaker 4: Moving, and then the whole crowd. I don't where we're gonna be at. We're gonna, we're gonna we're gonna be at New Orleans.
Speaker 6: We have we have we we we try to lock down to being down with Yoe.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, whatever venue willna be at, We're gonna be with the second line.
Speaker 4: Right, we're gonna be on stage gone.
Speaker 5: You know you got your foot you gotta get your hips right now, so your footwork, so your footwork be all pointed with the second line, and we're gonna be gone right and then uh mss Frieda. I know Miss Fredi is big out there in the waters. So Miss Frida gonna come out and she gonna be for you. Though I ain't she from I don't know. I think she's famous in New Orleans. I think I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know who he is.
Speaker 5: I'm just calling names. I just I just hear some time. But that that just that, just that just has gonna be though. It's gonna be nice if that's my idea.
Speaker 6: Okay, well we'll see how that go.
Speaker 2: Take line doctor saying oh I'm loving you and old Shoe and the Olive Pop commercial.
Speaker 6: I hope y'all have more coming. We do.
Speaker 2: We're working, were putting a lot. You see, our ass gotta be up here tonight. I just knew I was gonna have Friday Night off. I'm like, I just add Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night, and Monday night. Mm hmmm, damn uh hey saying, oh Joe, the only way, as you know, is potato where look at that like a Jamaican stepfather.
Speaker 5: Hey, oh, man from telling I used to be in the wedge bro I used to be in the way.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you. We said listen, I'm gonna tell you chat man, y'all. Man, y'all be playing with me.
Speaker 6: Look at the film.
Speaker 3: Look at it.
Speaker 6: Look at the.
Speaker 4: Special team's footage. Look at the special team footage from my rookie year with the Bengals. I was in the middle of the wedge boom.
Speaker 6: They used to kick off right boom. I would lock arms.
Speaker 5: Listen, Lorenzo Knea was on my left and Reggie Kelly was on my right, and we'll lock arms. And whoever the wedge buster was. They would always try to pick on me. But I would always win that. I would always win that battle.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they're the special teams of you or kick off a kick return or put a putt return, but they damn show some footage.
Speaker 6: You'll be out there.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm telling you what's out there? Man YouTube me man.
Speaker 2: Uh Ron Devas said, Hey, brothers, having a rough few days, but the show, but the show always helped. Thank for what you guys do. God bless Ron. Guess what sunshine follows rain? And look, I know sometimes it gets tough sometimes, but one thing you can't do, you can't give up. Just get up, put one foot in front of the other, and realize that today is gonna be better then yesterday, and tomorrow is gonna be better than today.
Speaker 6: And that's how you gotta approach it.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 6: Child.
Speaker 5: I'm right with you too, because all my days ain't good. No, my day ain't good right now, but I'm still smiling. But you know they got my nightcap hat on.
Speaker 6: Ron.
Speaker 2: You were able to get up this morning, your blood running warm in your veins, You had your limbs and it was you in your right mind and the first thing you should have did before you put your feet on the floor. God, thank you for allowing me to see another day, because you know what, somebody had an appointment to see you. That's the only appointment you can't reschedule because when he signed your name, you got to come on home. Uh huh, Ron, you got another day, bro. I mean sometimes we think about we don't have, but you have the most important thing.
Speaker 6: You have life. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was listening to a lady that works in a hospice and she was she said, and she wrote down. I think she wrote a book or something about when people about the transition, what do they wish for? They wish for time, They wish they had told someone they loved them, They wish they had traveled more. They never wish for more money because where they're going.
Speaker 6: It's not accepted. M M.
Speaker 2: Every day I wake up, it's a great day and the people are like And that's what I tell people. I tell people all the time. I say, it's a great day to be alive if you consider the alternative. Now, we all know we got to leave here at some point, but I'm trying. I'm trying. I ain't in no hurry. I ain't afraid of dying, but I'm not going to speed up the process. And I just think the things sometimes we take, we don't realize just how fortunate we are because we look at what we don't have. Well, we ain't got the nicest house, and we don't have the nicest car, and we ain't got hundreds of thousands or in the bank. Well, if you got life all that other stuff, thought there are a lot of people that's bed red and have those things and don't know they have it. Man, when you got your help, nothing else matters. Nothing else matters, because I've been on both sides of the spectrum. I mean, when everybody's around you poor, you don't realize how poor you are. With Joe, when everybody lives exactly like you live. Yeah, yeah, it wasn't until you go to they got cereal, they get milk, and they got orange juice and they got you know, I'm like, well, damn, Ron, you don't realize how good you got it. I know sometimes Roy gets hard, but somebody got it rougher than you.
Speaker 6: Uh, simree.
Speaker 2: Brian Martinez love to show my young sister Maya's halfway through chemo.
Speaker 6: She loves watching you guys.
Speaker 2: Can you give us some encourage your word, Maya, you're doing an unbelievable job. Congratulations halfway through chemo. Hopefully this thing goes in transmission and you come out the other side healthy.
Speaker 6: And better than ever. So be myself.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna owe you to speak for himself, but myself in one half of the night, have prow We want to encourage you to keep keep God in your prayers, believe, and you're gonna come out on this thing on the other side being amazing.
Speaker 6: So congratulations Maya.
Speaker 2: Hopefully, Hey Brian, you call us back, you text us back and let us know how sis do it, because we want to want her and your family all the bread. So you guys are in our prayer. Go ahead with Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now you stay strong out there, obviously. Always start every day, Start every day with prayer always. You keep him first, and you keep on fighting. You keep on fighting and keep on smiling.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 6: That's all you got to do.
Speaker 2: Tiffany Williams, I got my first candle Ginger read Ollipop. It's pretty good. I'm currently a derretly fly to tenent. My question is, I know you guys like the snack basket, but what's your favorite first class meal?
Speaker 6: I like the h damn it was a barbecue something.
Speaker 4: The hell I know what mine is.
Speaker 6: Y'all had something.
Speaker 2: I only shot him out, but when I go there, yes, say y'all see this fox brother, y'all will give me a free meal.
Speaker 6: It was a barbecue something. Damn.
Speaker 4: I can't remember this what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes I used to like the burger I used to like the plane burger.
Speaker 4: Oh your dad burger, she said, she said, she said, on a plane.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they Delta used to do burgers.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, it's last year.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: When I used to fly for inside the NFL every week, American Airlines, I was on the same flight every time, and most of the time I would get the same meal. It was macaroni and cheese and beef rib. How you said, beef.
Speaker 2: Rib Yeah, barbecue short, That's what it was.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: That ship was so good with the macaroni and.
Speaker 6: Cheese barbecue short rep.
Speaker 4: That ship was so good.
Speaker 5: Now I start, I start. I started back last week and I was on American and I.
Speaker 4: Didn't get that goddamn be.
Speaker 6: Cheese.
Speaker 4: I just told you, this is inside the NFL flying me out, not me.
Speaker 6: That's okay. They'll fly you spirit if you want to. That's one thing.
Speaker 4: This is. This is what they put me on when I go places for myself.
Speaker 2: If you tell them, they will put you on. I guarantee you. I know how this works. I work for networks for three years. I worked at CBS for a decade, I worked at Fox for seven years, and I work at ESPN. They will put you on whatever airline you tell Bill.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you do you want me? Do you want to tell?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I can well listen. They did all this before I could say anything. Now I don't have a problem with it because this is what I've been flying all my life.
Speaker 4: The fact that they booked everything in advance. I didn't want to make.
Speaker 6: It anywhere you're coming from? Because they asked me.
Speaker 4: Because they know where I live. I live in Miami. Anytime I'm going to work, I'm coming from Miami.
Speaker 6: I mean normally what they do, even Ash?
Speaker 2: They asked Ash where she had remote, where she have the miles at, what airline she wants to fly with?
Speaker 6: Jordan Jordan.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, I got X, Y and Z Okay, but Fish were going to the same They're gonna probably be on the flight that I'm on. But they Hey, Shannon, uh, there's an American flight, there's a Delta flight, there's a United flight, there's a Southwest flight. Which one would you like to take?
Speaker 4: But see, did you hear everything you just said?
Speaker 5: You naming two or three people that you travel with when I do everything on my.
Speaker 6: Own, No, no, no, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: I'm saying Ash a lot of times when I go with jordan'd i go? Jordan is really the only one that travels every time I go because I'm going to shoot club shay Shape, or we're.
Speaker 6: Gonna we're gonna do night cap in my room.
Speaker 2: Ash doesn't always go, but when it's dealing with ESPN, Ash, You's gonna go.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Normally sometimes I have to leave earlier, so Ash, you come out a later dayton time, but Jordan to be on the flight with me. But they will ask Shannon. There's an American flight leaving at such and such time, there's a Southwest flight leaving at this time, there's a Delta flight that's leaving at that time. There's also of such and such. So this notion that they don't they do.
Speaker 5: But they don't need to do it for me because they did it already because they know I'm coming from Miami, so there was no need.
Speaker 6: Or you don't want to fly Spirit. To make a long story short.
Speaker 4: I've been flying Spirit the past twenty something years, so I'm not.
Speaker 6: Sure what can you tell Bill to fly you Spirit?
Speaker 4: Because I didn't want to inconvence him because they had already booked the flights.
Speaker 2: You people traveling.
Speaker 6: You're inconvenience and just me. I know it's just me. But they booking travel for Ryane, the booking travel for coach Belichick.
Speaker 5: But they coming from all they see, they coming from all the places. I'm pretty simple. I'm coming from Miami.
Speaker 4: I'm coming from Miami, the same place every week, every.
Speaker 2: Time Coach Belichick is coming from He's coming from his home in Massachusetts.
Speaker 4: No, but Bill, Bill got, Bill got twenty seven jobs like me.
Speaker 2: He home, so you could theoretically chat. If he wanted to fly Spirit he could. He liked the first class tickets, He liked the first class seats. He liked those accommodations.
Speaker 4: Actually I like I like. I like my spear flights, seat eighteen, a window, leg room, and I bring my own food with me. And they got Wi Fi. Yes, yeah, you just let you know. Ain't none first class got out. Delta got that too.
Speaker 6: I don't like.
Speaker 4: I don't fly Delta. I fly American. They put me on American.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean something because look sometimes Delta, uh uh, I'm trying to fly NonStop.
Speaker 6: I don't like it. I don't like to do later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't like listen. I don't mind, depending on what my side. I like the people watch. I like to listen Atlanta. If you if I got if I have a layover in Atlanta, I don't care. I walk around, put my hooey on, put my sunglasses, sit down somewhere, get me coffee. And it's so interesting watching people walk through the airport.
Speaker 4: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it is about that. That's an extreme sport to me, what people watching? Because everybody's so interesting.
Speaker 6: I'm going to say, look, I don't do I don't do the layovers.
Speaker 4: Bougie.
Speaker 2: Nah, look, oh yo, I don't have time. I'm trying to get from point A to point B.
Speaker 4: See what I mean, See see what I mean?
Speaker 6: Money?
Speaker 4: Yeah, time is money. But I have no problem laying over because that money is gonna be there when I get there.
Speaker 5: No, but whatever's for you, listen to me, whatever's for you is for you no matter when you get there.
Speaker 4: If God wants you to have it, you're gonna get it.
Speaker 2: That's why you put them on the flight. That's not stop direct, he said, shutout.
Speaker 6: What you get.
Speaker 2: Is that is that what you getting this money, I'll put you on the direct flight to wherever you need to go. But over the last a lot of yo, over the last over the last five four months, I've probably flown more America than United right in the past four months that I've flown in the past thirty years, because it's always be in Delta, Delta, Director of New York, Atlanta, wherever the case may be. Now you gotta fly America, and you know, fly the Dallas Delta. I mean it's in Houston. You gotta fly America or you fly like I'm trying to get I'm trying to get to be. I'm trying to get to be, like get like five million miles on Delta.
Speaker 4: You like that was a better than American I do?
Speaker 5: Oh, hold on, hold on, what you know about this? Please tell me you've flown Jet Blue. But the mint is it the men experience the mint miant something. The cabin is the cabin has.
Speaker 6: The only the only blue.
Speaker 4: So you haven't you haven't flown like the seats reclined, I mean like it like.
Speaker 6: I heard it.
Speaker 2: But you know what somebody was telling me about that a lot of Jet Blue and they got this upgraded experience.
Speaker 6: No, I've never I've never flown Jet Blue.
Speaker 5: Or you got to see that boy went back.
Speaker 6: What I did?
Speaker 5: I did some west coast, I did some west coast to east coast, and it was I think it's called the men experience of the Mint something.
Speaker 4: I went on a flight.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh my god, boy, I like this mean condition.
Speaker 2: I think it's a group though, Ojo. But okay, I think I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: I said, I said, I said, make condition.
Speaker 1: Oh oh that's a good boy.
Speaker 4: That was funny. Meant condition.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know who are sky bree Is? Ojo? Who sky brief a rapper? Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Scypree ship.
Speaker 5: Oh you know, listen if it ain't soccer football related, man, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't really be knowing too much. I apologize.
Speaker 2: I apologize to the I mean I've tried to you know, you say sky jet Blue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mint mint something.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: I thought you were talking about she's a I mean when you get up when you google.
Speaker 4: Him Scott, let me see Scott Bree. I got my phone right here in front of me.
Speaker 6: Oh lord, have mercy.
Speaker 4: How you spell Scott?
Speaker 5: Is that with one white one wife, you said, Yeah, you ain't even ask them not damn.
Speaker 6: I thought you.
Speaker 7: Scott one Scott, I mean Scott s k y b r I Scott.
Speaker 4: Okay, take my glass off so I can see. Uh yeah, that's.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 4: I like my coffee dog Man.
Speaker 6: The sky. I don't like I like this guy too.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, I mean yeah, I mean yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: I ain't telling y'all to my soul boards got wive. I ain't telling y'all to google it I was talking to.
Speaker 4: I ain't know who. I ain't know who. I ain't know who was what?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: She?
Speaker 4: Oh, I ain't know.
Speaker 3: I ain't know that.
Speaker 4: I don't you know.
Speaker 5: I don't watch that stuff. Well I'm saying that, you know something. I watched slat every blue moon, but I don't know. I don't watch it no more either. I don't watch it no less either.
Speaker 6: Hey, what, I ain't know? Who was Kipper? What Ju said?
Speaker 2: Who lives the NFC East Eagles of the Cowboys? Who you got on, Joe?
Speaker 5: We gotta we got to get a Cowboys a chance to play first, Okay, we got to give him a chance to play, you know, Yeah, I mean basically what we saw tonight.
Speaker 4: It was. It was up and down, it was. It was sloppy in the beginning.
Speaker 5: Then there were there were spurts of greatness, flashes of greatness from from from from both sides, from both teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you but you know, Joe.
Speaker 6: What do you call them? Division opponents?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: You throw you throw that stuff out the window. It don't matter how they look you playing my division. When we played the Raiders Kansas City or the Chargers Seattle when they was in our division, no matter how good they look.
Speaker 4: Oh, y'all think y'all will come in here and just get an easy win.
Speaker 2: Oh, we played Pittsburgh and you know in the AFC it used to be the AFC Central it was Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Tennessee, Jacksonville.
Speaker 6: And uh uh so it's like sixteen before.
Speaker 2: They realigned it with fort six for division, you know, sixth division and fourteen what's eight now it's eight division to fourteen? So and for AFC for NFC so four and four, sixteen and sixteen. Yeah, but oh no, no, no, no division. You throw that out the window. Yay, because we know, y'all, we don't playing y'all twice a year.
Speaker 4: For ten years, so with NFC in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, you look, you know, you know, you know how the Eagles feel about the Cowboys. You know how the Cowboys feel about the Eagles. You know how the Eagles feel about Washington. You know how Washington feel about the Jet The Giants ain't no love lost. Yeah, so and we a love company if we're not going to the playoffs. I'm doing everything I can to keep y'all out the playoffs too.
Speaker 5: I know one thing the commanded, the command a gonna be in the hunt. Commanding gonna be in the hunt because everything starts with the quarterback position.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And one thing about the command is they got a goddamn quarterback now.
Speaker 6: Uh, Mario Keto, love y'all.
Speaker 2: Do you have any good stories playing from playing Seattle Seahawks back in the day. I'm looking forward to Sunday's game against the Broncos. Oh, man, I used to love playing in the Old Kingdom. I don't know if you old enough to remember the Kingdome, but that man, hey, you the guy that place would get the rocket and man, they had Rufus Porter, they had Tez, they had Boogie Briant, they had Joe Nash.
Speaker 6: They had.
Speaker 2: Black man. They had a really good defense. They were they were and that place that's Kingdom whole, like fifty fifty fifty five thousand maybe, but that thing rock.
Speaker 6: Oh man, oh man. I had a girlfriend from Seattle.
Speaker 4: What's her name?
Speaker 6: I ain't no, fine.
Speaker 4: She would find what she hey, Googler google is see. I think she's married. Now look at her. Look up her Instagram.
Speaker 6: I don't know if she even on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Well, find out facebooks.
Speaker 2: I know I ain't even on facebooks.
Speaker 6: I'm good.
Speaker 2: No, you say, o Jo, It's okay to like remember to reminisce and not try to reconnect.
Speaker 5: It's okay, I mean, I mean, why not right, you're something wrong with your wife?
Speaker 6: I I ain't trying to reconnect.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, Oho, there are a lot of the There are some people that I've dealt with. They're married. I know they're married.
Speaker 4: Can I say something?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know I love soccer, right, yeah, just because of God damn Goldie and gold on me.
Speaker 2: You can't sko no, no, yeah, o Joe. This is what we know about men and women. He might not even he might not even love his wife no more. He might not even love his girlfriend no more, but let another man show interest.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm, it ain't. It's too many out there.
Speaker 2: I definitely don't want nobody that somebody that that she got a man. After what I on in Shuston, I bet, I wish, I wish back. I don't care. I don't care how fine she is. Look, oh, Joe, and I told you that. My grandfather said, boy, everybody has somebody. It's just to what extent they married, they got a fiance, they got a significant other, they're seeing somebody. It does not matter. Ain't nobody walking out there scott free. So with that being said, after what I saw in Shuston, Texas, the best decision I made. It's one of the few times I didn't listen to ash Ass because he would definitely try to stick me to go to Houston. I said, oh no, something you don't pay like you say, God speak to you. He spoke cause he know, like I said, you gotta if somebody a you got a wife, you got a husband, you got a boyfriend.
Speaker 6: I don't care. Well we just broke up.
Speaker 2: Na. I'm good. I'm good. I'm good because I'd have got too big. I done, got too old to tussle and I'm shooting O Joe, I'm shooter brother's side. That's the size. I ain't nobody really trying to lock up with me. I already know they gonna put hay, they gonna put bugs on my shirt. So just leave that alone.
Speaker 6: Man. Hold on.
Speaker 2: When I was, I threw coughing to the wind. Oh you got somebody? Well he ain't here right now? Were he at? You know what I'm saying. That a bad difference. And you get older, you start.
Speaker 6: To realize, hey, shitam, but let that go. I'm cool with that.
Speaker 4: Days over. I like what you said, though, everybody got somebody.
Speaker 6: It's just to what extent.
Speaker 4: It's just to what extent? Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Boy, I look at the best thing to ever happened.
Speaker 2: I've only been to you proudly, just like the just to hang I've been one time. But to go to be in Houston and to see the best thing to happen. God know what he did. He said, I'm gonna let you go to Houston. I'm gonna let you spend a couple of days in Houston, but I'm gonna let your black ass be fifty some years old. Because he know if he'd have put me in Houston at thirty.
Speaker 4: Right, No, you wouldn't have been able to do it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, there'd been no nightcap he did, would have been no nightcap. As leaves Wood said, every man got to know his limitation. I know, I know what my weaknesses are. I know what my blind spots are. That if Houston ain't for me, and it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm mm hmmm. No, man, I.
Speaker 5: Said, you know when I think about it, When when I think about it, like I mean, me and real was playing around, you know, talking about it like if rail was like, well, hell, even if you did live in Houston, you ass don't go no motherfucking goddamn where anyway.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm in Miami.
Speaker 5: I don't go no goddamn either. But I don't know it's you know, I think that it's I have a problem. I need to get out the house, I need to do stuff.
Speaker 2: I got a problem to it, and Houston would not help my problem. Because here's a thing, Oh Joe, if you are an alcoholic, what must you do every day? I must drive by a bar or a package store every day and not one time can I stop and go in right.
Speaker 6: I know what my weaknesses are.
Speaker 2: I know ain't no food manor porty, ain't raised no food right.
Speaker 4: But you've got disciplined.
Speaker 2: Thought, disciplined. That's why. That's why I'm here, because I got disciplined right, but ain't no sense. Look the thing is, yes I have discipline, but I ain't buying cookies. I ain't buying twinkies, I ain't buying doughnuts. I'm not bringing it into house just so I can see show you how strong my willpower is. Mm.
Speaker 6: Why would I do that? Why would I say? Why would I? Why would I put myself and I know what my.
Speaker 2: Weakness, what my weaknesses are, and put myself in that environment continuously, I'm asking for trouble.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmmm.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: And now I got the rubis.
Speaker 5: But you know what they say, if you constantly put yourself in the way of temptation, at some point you get used to it and you ignore it.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 5: If you constantly put yourself in an environment where you feel you won't have discipline, at some point it becomes.
Speaker 4: Routine and you just ignore it.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm just telling you. It's like fourth like it's soccer is on television.
Speaker 6: You ignore it.
Speaker 2: You don't watch soccer. You don't have been to you wait for you to have been to Copa. You don't been all the legal you'd have been all of them when they come on. You ignore it absolutely exactly. You see, I don't like that anologship, but I got you. Look stay about black as right over here.
Speaker 4: I got you.
Speaker 6: Before next thing. You know, why didn't you tell me? Tell you what?
Speaker 4: O Joe?
Speaker 6: I heard y'all up? Will be your daddy. You're big boy fast.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I already know how you're gonna do it.
Speaker 6: O Yoe?
Speaker 2: Right rose sternly to God made me fall in love with the package of six year old got green Bay Green, got a green and white s Jersey got Ryan.
Speaker 6: Appreciate that, Stephanie Warfare.
Speaker 2: Congrats to Taro Woodall for winning gold in parts of her husband Hunter won gold today.
Speaker 6: He did.
Speaker 2: He won the UH I think it was the T thirty eight or T sixty two. They got so many different you know in the Olympics. You know some some are hearing hearing impaired, and some are visually impaired. To sixty two. I think he ran, he ran some forty seven into four hundred meters. Uh and she he won gold. So Hunter wood Off, Jamal Hill and noahm alone. So yeah, that's they're very inspiring to watch. Yat Man, I saw the Brazilian dude. They called him the Brazilian or torpedo. I think he won the backstroke. Ain't got no leg I mean out. I think he might have had legs, but he ain't got no arms. Right, he ain't got no arms. Low choke, that joke was moving.
Speaker 4: Hold on, he ain't got no arms. So they called it the backstroke.
Speaker 6: Yes, gone, They couldn't get it.
Speaker 2: He was gone, o, Joe the Brazilian torpedo.
Speaker 6: Was it real name? Look up Brazilian torpedo?
Speaker 4: Hey, how are you a swimming?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No arms?
Speaker 2: What's what's his real name? But they called him the torpedo? Right yeah, oh Joe, you got to google it when you get done.
Speaker 6: Man. But man was gone, Oh he beat you? Oh your the backstroke?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he beat you, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: I mean that's swimming. Swimming is what I do.
Speaker 6: You ain't s to beat that man.
Speaker 2: So to all the Paralympians, congratulations Barry, very inspiring to see you to to let everybody know that, no matter what you might be going to a thank you what you've gone through to see these men and women, young men and young women get out there and on the track and on the bike and shoot a guy from America.
Speaker 6: He wanted the archery with no arms. Oh, I saw that.
Speaker 4: I saw that. I saw that.
Speaker 6: He wanted the archery with no Hey, bulls man, look here. So when I hear people talk about I can't do something, and I see what I saw what they be.
Speaker 2: Do man, Please, everything is possible, anything, anything is possible. Don Junior said, my brother, Reverend Darryl Wade's birthday is today, No Joe, hen you give him a shout out, real happy birthday. Congrats, enjoy your special day. Hopefully it was great. You were surrounded by friends, family and loved ones. And celebrate today and many many more to.
Speaker 4: Call birthday to you.
Speaker 2: Nate Harper said funking O Shoe. I've loved the show since day one. My film say Ashley is in the hospital with praying creatis. Can you please send the prayers and God vibe all the way. Love y'all and thanks for the labs. Ashley Man Native's worried about you, but we know you're in great hands. Get out of the hospital soon. Hopefully this is pancreatis sides and you be back up and on your feet. I've never had it, but I've heard, I've been to know people that have had it. It say its very very very very very painful. So Ashley, we wish wishing you a speedy recovery. The team here at nightcap.
Speaker 4: Yep, praying for your ask for praying for you.
Speaker 6: Simon Pound said, no shoe.
Speaker 2: I'm a teacher coach in Ohio, and I was wondering if you guys remember the importance teacher junior high school. I tried my best to support these kids in the classroom and in life. Got any important lessons from from high school? High school, junior high man.
Speaker 4: I can't remember nothing back then, but I was getting in trouble. Honestly, that was another head man.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 4: Man, that was another head high school. I remember CSI, I remember getting referrals, and I remember skipping class. I didn't do anything like in trouble. Trouble trouble. I'm just a little dumb stuff man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I was in.
Speaker 4: Other people pe class? I have people lunch you.
Speaker 6: Too, Yeah, that was my thing.
Speaker 2: Look, I knew how far to go because the last thing I want to do was get suspended and have to deal with Mary Porter. So that wasn't gonna happen. I would go do just enough, you know, me and that guy, oh me, and we might Okay, we're gonna do this. We're gonna do this, and then you start thinking about it, Okay, I might get suspended. No, I'm not gonna do that. Y'all will do that? Oh No, I couldn't. I couldn't do that. But I was very unfortunately that I had teachers that that I believe. But then for the most part, I do believe that sincerely cared about me and my education, although early in my career I didn't really give a damn about education until I got to college.
Speaker 6: And uh, because Ms. Kills probably was the one my Spanish teacher. He was my Spanish teacher.
Speaker 2: If you could believe this old show Spanish and remedia reading, right, she told me that I needed to take Spanish. I said, Miss Kills, I'm in remedia reading. Why would I take Spanish? She said, it would help your Spanish, she said. If she told me Spanish would help my reading. I said, you're gonna help me repeat the tenth grade. That's what you're gonna help me do. I said, if I'm struggling, I'm struggling.
Speaker 6: In reading English.
Speaker 2: But she convinced me. But she was always there. She stayed in touch with me even after I left. You know, she had I had her for my sophomore year in high school. Even my junior year I played with her son. Her son was a year than me, rest Is sould Mad. He's passed away. I think two of her three kids have passed, but she's still She's still one of my favorite people, one of my favorite people. She asked, she sends me a card every birthday and every Christmas.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get a car.
Speaker 4: That's lie, that's dope.
Speaker 2: Every birthday and every Christmas since nineteen ninety I'm gonna get a card on Christmas. I'm gonna get a card for my birthday. I'm gonna get that. Every time she sees my sister, she's gonna ask how does my son do it? So her and my high school coach Hall, who coached my mom, my uncle, they would drive I'm in Denver. I'm in Baltimore. I'm coming to Jacksonville. They're coming. I go to Tennessee. They're coming, Atlanta, They're coming, d C. I'm they're coming. They're coming, PI gonna come. Coach All and his wife. Ms Kill's husband was my junior high principal, mister Kills, Coach All in the Kills. They are very close friends, best friends. So they drive they come in to see me, so that relationship is very special. I don't get a chance to get home, but when I do get home, I always tell Libby to let them know that I'm coming, and they always come by the house. Always always. I mean, that's that's what like. And and in college, Joyce McLamore, Joe ang Green, Norman L. Wall, Haynes Walton, Gay Hewitt, Steve Smith. I can damn remember every every everything they said in the class.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Probably Haynes Walton probably learned the most from him. He and Dorman Elmore. Probably the most impactful was probably uh Joorcee McLamore and Joe Angreen. I I can tell when someone sincerely want to help. Shannon Shark, I can tell. And from the moment I stepped into these professors and doctors class. There was just a vibe, you know that the vibe that I could tell, Okay, they really want the best from me. They had no idea because you know, at that point in time, ain't nobody ask you what do you want to be in life? Take the class and move on. But after what they used, like when Shannon, I mean you were always on class. You know I was always I was never laid the class. Joe, you know you boy, come Friday, slack cut, button down shirt, bottom shoes.
Speaker 6: Oh shape?
Speaker 4: Where you said that? You said in the front.
Speaker 2: Because I knew the answers. I ain't no dumb iuna sit in the front. I want people to know I know what I'm talking about. And yes, I raised my hands.
Speaker 4: Okay, teachers, Pet, Okay, and Pet.
Speaker 2: They're like shad, hey, mister sharp, mister sharp. Yeah, oh Joe, because guess why the women went the class. I don't know what them guys thought the girl would go. He as my coach used to say, Hey, ain't nobody. Ain't nobody taking no panties off the first quarter. M it's gonna be the second of the third quarters, and you dummy, it's gonna be flunked out and y'all gonna get a right for somebody else. M Uh.
Speaker 6: Guess who was around for three quarters for four years? That was you. I like it, y'all.
Speaker 2: Take them to the movies, send them flowers, get them cards. When you flunk out, you got.
Speaker 4: A rifle O shape already ready prep mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: You gotta understand, O Joe. I don't know why them guys thought, like bro, go to class.
Speaker 6: That's what the women are. The women ain't class. They had to see o'shee every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if by leaves, I od Calvin Klein pole on Darpsie clean clean his head?
Speaker 6: What oh.
Speaker 2: That creasing them past so sharp in the Cuttry back in the back of the eighties, y'all know what I'm talking about. Back in the eighties, the crease everything was creased. Was you start Niagara Niagara? Yeah, with the yellow with the yellow yellow can.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but they stay right there in the column.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, oh yeah, I remember them days.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure had had the little iron the boy. Y'all don't talk about had the little iron the boy. We ain't have we had that kind of space to have a little big eye of the boy. Had a little iron boy that you put on the bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, m.
Speaker 6: Hey Ojo when I say oh shay with hell when he was well.
Speaker 4: I know what you're talking about. Hey, I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: Ya. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't share my stories.
Speaker 2: You ain't never you ain't never wrong if you're right. Yeah, no, you can't share no stories. Yeah, you're already the dog house.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, I owned the house. That's okay, so I can't be in it. You on the couch though, No, I'm sleeping at the at the step of the bed now. Now, ain't nobody she ain't even she's probably watching she and Tampa right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tell you what, Ojoe, you ever earn your money? I used to earn my money. O yo, nah, man, I ain't. I'm putting them over that baby. Of course I got sport. Yeah, yeah, I had sport. No, because I would think.
Speaker 5: Only time I seen people iron money is when they when they got wet by accident.
Speaker 6: My money? Did you want to be.
Speaker 5: Crispyris, yoke Chris. When I pulled it out, that's a new one.
Speaker 4: That's a new one. That's a new one.
Speaker 6: I didn't care. I hadn't carried a wallet we's growing up.
Speaker 2: My grandfather say that was a por excuse for a man not to carry a wallet, So he made my brother not carry a wallet. You probably ain't gonna go to the South and find you might now, but I'm saying when I was growing up, I've never seen a man I'm talking about until I was probably in my thirties in the South that didn't have a didn't have a They called him a bill fold.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and nobody man, my.
Speaker 2: Granddad in back was messed up because all he had was bills up in there because you know, back then they kept every bill, phone bill, light bill, gas bill.
Speaker 6: They kept all them bill and they normally came him in their back pocket.
Speaker 4: I wanted to write they did that back then.
Speaker 2: Yep, Pam kept on the bill because you know, hey, you never know, they might. Hey, they're not fin to double charge you. Literally they know that. Sometimes they will try to get over me.
Speaker 6: Yes, but yeah, But then as I got I got older, I just started putting my money.
Speaker 2: I got a money clip that I've had that I put rubber bands on that I've had for probably thirty years. I'm I'm oh, Joe, you know what, I what's the word sentimental. Yeah, I'm big in sentimentality and keeping something.
Speaker 4: For a very long time, a long time forever. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: If my brother, my sister, my my grandmother gave me something, I still got it. I still got it right. I got silver dollars that my sister gave me when I was like ten or leven.
Speaker 6: I got them.
Speaker 2: Money my brother gave me like two dollar bills and stuff that he gave me when I was like to keep from telling on him.
Speaker 6: I still got it. Yeah, money and my grandmother gave me. I still got it right as I got stuff that some exes gave me too, like Christmas Gil.
Speaker 2: I don't it's in a safe deposit box, so I want people say you still got it, yeah, instead of safe deposit box.
Speaker 6: I don't go look at it.
Speaker 4: You ain't known with Noah.
Speaker 2: But a lot of times there's stuff that that it's not wearable. Sometimes it's like stuff, you know, stuff that they've given me probably twenty years ago, thirty years ago.
Speaker 4: Cards Okay, you know, Okay, Okay, okay, you keeping them? Okay, that's romantic. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I be dd go pull about. I'm mad at my sister because she threw all my other stuff, my letters. I had love letters, she threw them away. Oh y'all be writing each other.
Speaker 6: Oh I used to write letters all the time. Oh yeah, I was a big writer.
Speaker 4: Yeah I'm not a writer.
Speaker 6: Man, I was a poet and didn't know it. I like it a right.
Speaker 2: Nobody still got him because I know there's an assload of misspelled words up in that thing. Run on sentence it I think a paragraph with the whole page wasn't no punctuations or nothing. Man, Hey, God, that concludes our show for tonight. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Please make sure you hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that huh. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. And guys doing so solid. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from, and remember every subscriber matters. Thank you for mattering. Thank you for helping Nightcap. Uncle Ocho grow to what we've grown.
Speaker 6: II.
Speaker 2: I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite. Number eighty five, The Route Runner Extraordinary, The Bengal Ring of Fame, Honoree, the Legendary pro Bowler, All Pro Liberty cities on that's chat O Cho Senko Johnson.
Speaker 6: Please make sure you check out Shade by Laportier.
Speaker 2: If we don't have it in a city or a state near you, we're coming, but you could order it online and we'll get shipped right to your door. Please go follow my media company page on all platforms. That's shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four. The link is pinned at the top of the chat tour t shirts and hat dropped yesterday.
Speaker 6: There are two versions of the tea.
Speaker 2: The one that Ocho and I have on with the Ocho has on he has the nightcap with he and our face on the front and he has the tour dates on the back. But there's also a version that has he and our face nightcap on the front with no tour dates on the back. The tea with the the writing on the back is forty two. The one with the print only in the front is thirty eight. Use the VIP code for an additional ten percent off all purchases. We had our first commercial.
Speaker 6: We saw that.
Speaker 2: You guys saw that again. We're back tomorrow after what's the college football game that we're coming on after tomorrow? Okay, We're coming on after the color Colorado Nebraska game, so we'll see you guys tomorrow after that game.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys for joining us. Our ump he'z oho.
Speaker 4: We're out Manana
Speaker 1: Le Volume