Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am jaseebe Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: Yes, once again, Robin has one of the two piece guys. She's looking very sporty.
Speaker 1: Are you sporty, spice? I'm ready to get my workout on.
Speaker 3: You are. Have you been working out?
Speaker 1: No, I've been walking.
Speaker 3: Okay, walking is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'll actually so the grocery store, the Giant is like a mile away walking distance. Yeah, so I'll like take a carry little bag with me and I'll walk there and I'll go in the grocery store and just grab, you know, get my little things that I need and then walk home.
Speaker 2: So that's two miles. Yeah, okay, you think you're doing something. I mean, I just enjoy walking.
Speaker 1: To the.
Speaker 3: But you know it's hard to carry all the groceries.
Speaker 1: That's the worst, right exactly. I'm so I go in there when I'm like, okay, I'm just going to get a couple of things. Yes, not good, it's not going to be too heavy. And then I'm literally like walking home and I'm like, oh, I'm like throwing it all over my back like.
Speaker 3: I would be ubering it. I'd be like uber calling one, come get me.
Speaker 2: When speaking of when is Corey going to be able to get a learner's.
Speaker 1: So, what is it? You have to be fifteen and nine months?
Speaker 2: Fifteen and nine or six?
Speaker 1: So his birthday is in March? Okay?
Speaker 3: First of all, does he care? Does he want it?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh he does? Okay, so he's on top of it. Yeah, he wants it. Not that he's on top of it, but he wants it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So his birthday is in March. So if it's fifteen and six months, then that would be in September. Yeah, towards the end of September. If it's fifteen nine months, and that would be December.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I'm gonna yeah, so we need to research that, okay and get into it because yeah, he's going to need to drive himself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they go him and Carter go the same school.
Speaker 1: No, well, now they're going to separate school.
Speaker 3: That's fine. He can drop his brother off and then keep it pushing.
Speaker 1: Well, his school starts earlier than Carter. I mean, Carter would have to do like he before care yeah or whatever, I want to do that to him. Okay, but yeah, so yeah, Corey just especially for that reason, will need to be driving because I can't be doing that.
Speaker 2: First, No, no one has time. No one has time to be a mother's got time for that. Anyway, moving on, do you have your reasonably shady moment?
Speaker 3: I have a reasonably shady moment?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, you go first.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's this spot and I'm giving them a shout out because it's been good. This spot called Carmen's Italian Ice and it's in like the Rockville area. It's kind of like off the beaten path whatever. Anyway, it's very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of like Arita's, but they have so they do the ice Icy's or whatever, and then you can get the custard and they have different flavor of custard.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, don't know.
Speaker 2: Why they continue to run out of marshmallow custard, which is their best, but whatever, that's not even my shady moment. So Angel in particular loves this place. She wants to call all the time, so we go all the time. So they let you taste obviously the flavors, because they could be like, I don't know twenty icy Flavorso oh, this place is hardcore nice and you can get smoothies, you can get just regular ice cream with your toppings. You get all kinds of things. Okay.
Speaker 3: So they had.
Speaker 2: Vanilla custard and they had root beer icy. So I was like, this is going to be like a root beer float.
Speaker 3: I was so bomped. I was like, yes, I found my flavors. I was like, can I taste the root beer? It was like, yes, they let me taste it. I was like, this is so good. Okay. So I made my.
Speaker 2: Order okay, And for whatever reason, when I got the root beer icy in the cup, it wasn't as strong and potent, like it was more icy than root beer. I think it was because in a little spoon it tastes one way, but in the cup it just didn't. It wasn't it wasn't hitting, it was not hitting. And I was mad at them because I was like, they catfished me.
Speaker 3: This is a catfish moment. Carmens, Carmens catfish me. Stop catfishing people. So I went but I did go back and I said to them, so do you squirt all the squirrel because I'm thinking it's like a syrup like that they put in ice. I'm like, you know, do you have to like re up the syrup situation on the different flavors?
Speaker 2: And they're like, I don't know. Sometimes I think it was like a fifteen year old that was so they didn't know. So anyway, I got.
Speaker 3: It the second time, okay, and it was better.
Speaker 1: Wasn't all the way there yet, but it was better. Okay, So they were able to put more flavor in it.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess, but like Karme's, I meany for you to be consistent. Yes, it may and it might just be rut beer because like they're they're cotton candy, because I get that. Sometimes they're peanut colada, all those flavors, they are on point.
Speaker 3: Okay, But I was so pumped from my root beer float.
Speaker 1: That sounds like Carter would like that.
Speaker 3: Oh he would love it.
Speaker 1: I don't like root beer, but Carter would really enjoy that. He was good to know.
Speaker 3: Yes, So do you consider their ices and custard better than Rita's.
Speaker 2: Yes, Rita's is Rita's, Okay, do you know that there's several Rita's in Baltimore that were a drug front.
Speaker 3: And that's not because I'm making that up. That's because I was in the paper in the news.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, oh really no, yeah, the one that I used to go to all the time. Yeah, Baltimore, Yeah, that was drug front central.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, I mean I unders man Robin's like, yeah, I got my weed there, I got my gummies.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: They just use it to clean the money, clean the money, yes, for money laundry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well this Carmen's.
Speaker 2: I very very much that, and they like come up with all kinds of different flavor concoctions that I really like.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm yeah, okay, I'll have to try it there.
Speaker 3: Definitely check it out.
Speaker 1: That's actually making me hungry or like craving some Rita's. And there's actually a Rita's not too far from the house. Maybe I'll walk there.
Speaker 3: Yes, Robinson, I'm gonna get my steps. Do you count your steps? No? I don't have an Apple Watch. I think Apple watches are stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I've asked everyone that I know that has an Apple Watch. I'm like, okay, what do you use it for? And they're all like, oh, to count my steps and to close my rings. And I'm like, but if you have your phone on you, it counts it counts your steps too, Yes it does. And I have my phone, Like, I have an armstrap that I put my phone in, so my phone is with me when I walk.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, I don't need an Apple app watches.
Speaker 1: Well, the only thing is like, so one one walks with me sometimes and so he doesn't bring his phone, but you know, and he uses it of course, counting steps and all that stuff. But he also can, like you know, see his text messages or answer a phone call and stuff like that. And so it's like, okay, if you don't want the big phone with you, then to see where it comes in.
Speaker 2: But I don't have a big phone. I have a small one. And you all know why because I will not have carpal tunnel.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh do you have you will have?
Speaker 1: Oh but I won't. Oh yeah, Okay. Do you have a reason to be shady? Oh yes, yes, I don't know. Like it's not really shady, it's just Robin being Robin. So I went out to lunch recently with some girlfriends. It was like early dinner and I had on these like really cute platform heel, like you know, yay high six cel high six inches high platform And I parked my car and I'm walking down the sidewalk, yes, and then all of a sudden, my foot is a little unstable, and I'm like, whoo, who.
Speaker 3: Did you face plants? Or did you fall on your BOUTI I fell?
Speaker 1: Which way did I fall? I fell down towards my left. It was more like on my hip. Okay, so it's kind of weird. So like I had literally I had like my my palm was.
Speaker 3: All are you by yourself or you with their girlfriends?
Speaker 1: I was by myself.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: It was so embarrassing. But like, honestly, I feel like nobody saw me.
Speaker 3: Everyone saw you. We could do nothing. Everyone saw you. I feel like nobody saw me. My hand was all scraped up.
Speaker 1: And then it was so crazy because I fall like on my like towards the left, so like my left hand braced itself on the ground and then I like fell to the ground. But for whatever reason, my right arm and right shoulder was like pain and pain for like days. It was just it was weird.
Speaker 2: Did they have to is that the side that braced you? Like did that have to like overcome and say?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it was just so funny. When I was about to go down, it literally was like in slow motion. I was like, I was.
Speaker 3: Like whoa and then you did you have to pick yourself up? Did anybody help you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I literally I really think I was like by myself.
Speaker 1: But I looked at like you know, it's like cars like passing down and I'm like I was just laughing to myself. So but I was like shook up. Like so when I like walked into the restaurant, I was like, yeah, I just busted my ASTs and I was just like I was like out, Like that shit took me out?
Speaker 3: Did it? Yes?
Speaker 1: It was I can imagine, you know. I was just like my I was just all off. So now I'm like, what do I do about these shoes because they're really cute?
Speaker 2: Okay, So Robin, those are the shoes that you wear when when you're not going anywhere, like meaning like.
Speaker 3: You're just going to like say you saw them. I wore them the last night.
Speaker 1: The last they're gold.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, they're super cute. So like let's say we're doing the Sherry Shepherd show. Right, then you wear them for that because you're sitting there, but my.
Speaker 1: Ass ship the Sherry Shepherd. So you had to walk from the back.
Speaker 3: That's true to Cane.
Speaker 1: If I fell, Oh.
Speaker 3: Has anybody ever done that? I don't know that.
Speaker 2: That's embarrassing. Okay, so Date Night with Wine, Yeah, because it would catch you your fa his ass was.
Speaker 3: Dying, laughing, dying, dying, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's more right. It's like you have to literally valet because I ended up there was no where we went. We were in I don't know, like Northeast DC, a part of DC, there was no valet. So I literally had to like park down the street. And I didn't know that I was going to have to do this until I had to do it. So yeah, So it has to be a situation where you valet and you walk right in and you're boom and boom, you're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then after dinner you take them off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's yeah, there's no way I'm walking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more than carry your flats by the way.
Speaker 2: Series the other night had some shoes on that were they probably eight inches, like they were platform on top of platform.
Speaker 3: On top of the platform.
Speaker 2: Yes, and she was like, So when I saw them, I was like, Wow, that's gonna be interesting. I wonder how long those last? Yeah, And she's like and then she had hurt her toe. So she was like, oh man, you know, my toe is sticking out. I can't walk. And when we were walking out of that restaurant, she literally her toe. Something happened with her toe. It couldn't fit into the straps.
Speaker 3: Craziness.
Speaker 2: No, so just to this is just a side note, guys. So she took the shoes off. Next thing I know, I look down. She has on flats matching her purse. Of course Valentino, very cute. But her shoes were just like in the car, Mia puts the shoe on.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: MIA's foot is a size forty five hundred, right, Okay, Mia wears the biggest.
Speaker 3: Mia literally is a size twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So and Teresa's probably a size nine. Right. She is proud of her big feet, Yes, she very much is. She said.
Speaker 2: She said that Anti complimented her feet. Oh, I was like, I missed that.
Speaker 3: Where was the women's she said, at the reunion And he told me I have nice feet, I said me, I was there the entire time.
Speaker 2: He never said that. He never said that, But anyway, moving on.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: So I have a couple things to read. So Hi, Giselle and Robin. This is from Heather. I'm a huge fan and love to listen to your podcast on my way to work. It's the perfect way to start a Monday. I wanted to respond about today's conversation about falling in love through the eyes. Oh don't remember when we had this conversation, but okay, she said, My answer is yes.
Speaker 3: True story.
Speaker 2: One night watching Bravo, a promo for rhl P came on. It was a scene with Giselle and I was like, wow, those eyes. I have to check out the show, and she said she's been a fan ever since. Oh yes, okay, I need to ask for more money. Yes, I'm hypnotizing people with.
Speaker 3: My eyes and you're making them turn to Yes, she.
Speaker 2: Said, I hope I had the opportunity to see you at a lot I show love my Green Eyed Bandits Heather Sea.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank your Heather.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, did you know I was hypnotizing people with my eyes?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: How much more should you think I should ask? Since since this is confirmed, I should bring this to my negotiating Yes, when I negotiate for some more money.
Speaker 1: Yes, I should bring this. People are saying, oh my gosh, yes, look at her eyes right, let me watch.
Speaker 3: I might not have a talent, but my eyes hypnotized.
Speaker 1: People, that's a talent.
Speaker 3: Talent. That is a gift, that's a gift from God.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, okay, Well I'm here to tell you that I'm going to use this and when I negotiate for more money.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, So I do want to I know that you hope that I do. Okay, So I want to read about because you know we have Muhammed our friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, So for those of you all who are friends of this podcast, y'all know that there's a guy named Mohammad lives in Toronto and he's he comes to her.
Speaker 3: He's been to one or two of our live shows.
Speaker 1: He came to the one in New York and then he was at Brow.
Speaker 2: He was Kan Yes at Bravo Khan. He loves us. He's very shady. He's shady in a good way, shady in support of justse Ellen Robin.
Speaker 1: Yes love Mohammad.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he in front of my children. He told me in front of Jason that I need to see Jason with his shirt off in front of me. He said that in front of my children. That was embarrassing Mohammed. Anyway, moving on, he says, Hi, Jizellen Robin, it's your favorite shady person from Toronto, Mohammad, and I need y'all's advice.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: My best friend is getting married in the Dominican Republic this year and I really want to go, but financially it would be a burden. In June of this year, I officially moved out on my own and I have my own place, space and independence.
Speaker 3: But it's been tough financially.
Speaker 1: Congrats Mohammad, congrats a big move.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Earlier this year, I found out that I I wouldn't be a part of my best friend's bridal party, but she promised me that I would attend the bachelor at party, which I found out I wasn't invited to on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Now that's hurtful, that's painful, that's sadie.
Speaker 2: I'm torn because I really want to go out of loyalty and respect of our sixteen year friendship. Plus I know that if I don't go, I'll regret it. However, on the flip side, my other friend groups have said if I do go, I'll regret it as they don't think I'll have a good time and I'll feel left out and insecure. The final payment is due August twenty third and his birthday is August twenty second.
Speaker 3: M He had to put that in there, right, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know for go. I don't think twenty seconds, I was not an guess. I don't know what to do now. I'm reaching out to two people who always have given good advice, and I give it to him straight, he said. My best friend still tell me at parties. Giselle said turn it down eight notch.
Speaker 1: Did I say that to him?
Speaker 3: I'm sure, I'm sure I did. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love you all.
Speaker 2: Muhammad from Toronto. Okay, so this is actually like a situation. Yeah, it's a tough one. The part about the bachelorette party.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he found out he was not invited on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Finding out that you weren't invited on Instagram, Yes, that's shady. That would definitely that it's red flag. Red flag put a sour taste in my mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't be doing anything with her, right.
Speaker 1: And then so if your friends that know you are saying you're going to feel left out, you're gonna feel insecure. You know, they're basing it off of something that they know. Yes, right, ooh money is I say?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I said, I say if if I'm not he wasn't invited to the bridal shower, but he was gonna be invited to the bachelorette party, which he wasn't invited to.
Speaker 3: He found out off on Instagram. You're not invited to either one, So why are you going to the wedding? Right?
Speaker 2: If I'm not invited to the bridal part bridle shower, this is we've been friends for sixteen years, you'll invite me to the bridal party.
Speaker 1: Bridal shower. I understand because she's a female. And maybe it's just like you know whatever, her sisters and herky, her mom and stuff like that, like the bridal shower. I think usually I don't know, but it depends. I mean, if if this is like your your close guy friend, then maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: So that so the dynamic if I got Mary call is invited to my bridle shower?
Speaker 1: Is he Yes, okay, yeah, okay, all right, fine, all right, I take that back.
Speaker 2: Okay, but but the bachelor party is definitely a party, right right, so so definitely he should be invited to that. And if he wasn't, this ain't your friend, Muhammed.
Speaker 1: Right, well, I definitely say you invite. I would say not like the people at the bridle shower can be different from the people at the bachelorette party. Yes, right, correct, Oh, because a lot of times Rodershower is like your old aunts and stuff like that, you know what I'm saying to your grandma, Like, but they're not going to be at the bachelorette party. So the bacheltte party, yeah, you should be able to have a room for more friends.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Mohammed, they're not your friends. Robin's being really nice.
Speaker 1: No, I'm trying to work because the problem is going to come is if we tell him not to go, don't go, Mama. If he doesn't go, he is going to have fomo. He is going, She's gonna have fomo. I think he will listen because okay, okay, so his reasons for not going are money, Yeah, and he wasn't invited.
Speaker 3: Maybe, well, he was invited to the wedding. He's light to the wedding, but he wasn't invited to the other things, right.
Speaker 1: So he's questioning should he go to the wedding?
Speaker 3: Right, they have been friends for sixteen years. If I'm not invited to all these other things, don't invite me to the wedding.
Speaker 1: But a lot of people aren't invited to all the all those other things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they are not as close as what he's saying to this girl. So Mohammed, I say, don't go. Robin says go. I just I just say it's hard.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna have okay, this is good.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna have fhoe mo, Mohammed, go right, But if you don't give two shits, save your money, yes, and do not go, right, Yeah, do not go.
Speaker 1: And also I think you have to question do you want to continue the friendship? Right?
Speaker 2: If you don't want to continue the friendship, then definitely don't go. But if you want to do what Giselle would do, she would not be going.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think you know what. Honestly, I think, knowing Mohammad's personality, I think he'll be in his feelings about not being invited to the other parties. And so when he gets to the wedding, then yes, he will be feeling probably a little more insecure. He'll probably overanalyze everything, probably be feeling maybe a little needy, wanting a little more attention, you know, or if he doesn't get it, like questioning it, so maybe better just not to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't put yourself in and just put it on the money. No, no, no, no, blame it on the money.
Speaker 1: Yeaheah, blame it on the money. If you tell you're not tell your friend you're not going it is, just tell her it's up your financial decision.
Speaker 2: And this he had to make another deposit, so I've assume he already made first deposit. Don't make the second deposit and ask for the first deposit back.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, definitely get your money back.
Speaker 2: Get your money back. Yes, so boom, we figured that out for Muhammed. Okay, yes, but dang, what this is is No.
Speaker 3: It's August twenty second. Okay, all right, I'm like this episode my air.
Speaker 2: I don't know after we hope, we hope we get in there before this airs. Okay, all right, this this is Rachel says she has one question. Can you explain what it means when you speak this.
Speaker 3: Is this is a good question for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you explain what it means when you speak about gossip being in the blogs?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm from I'm from Dundee, Scotland, Scotland. I should I should start this whole thing over again. I just have one question question. Can you explain what it means when you speak about gossip being in the blogs? Okay?
Speaker 3: The blogs?
Speaker 2: I'm from Dundee's, Scotland, and I've never heard anyone use that phrase over here. When I think of a blog, I am thrown back to two thousand and two, before social media was a thing. Does it just mean the info has been read in an online article of a news website, or someone really out there typing shade under fake user names or dodgy this is from Scotland, dodgy websites? Okay, If it is the latter, where can I read it?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 2: I just wanted to say I've watched seven different franchises of Real Housewives, and Potomac is definitely the best. Woo Before Potomac, I never particularly liked any of the housewives.
Speaker 3: Okay, Kyle Richard's and nine Leak's she liked them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I only I usually only watch for the shady moments, but you two are the only ones who come across as real and sound.
Speaker 3: Girls.
Speaker 2: Keep being yourselves all the best, Rachel, So thank you, Rachel.
Speaker 1: Yes, So, I feel like the term blog is loosely used to refer to like platforms that maybe have an Instagram page where they report about gossip mainly, and I think a lot of times they do link back to a blog site, but most of their traffic is on Instagram, So.
Speaker 2: A blog site would be what So give me an example. Is a blog site like Queens of Bravo. So Queens of Bravo. See that's hard. So Queens of Bravo is really only an Instagram page. They don't actually have a blog site.
Speaker 3: But if I was referring to the blogs I put them under that, you would.
Speaker 1: Put them under there, right, That's what I'm saying. I feel like it's a loose term that we use to refer to just Instagram pages that.
Speaker 3: Report Okay, okay, Jazz and Brand, that is a blog. That's a blog.
Speaker 2: Yes, jazzon Brand hasn't has a website, right, they have an Instagram they have a Twitter and they report on the latest and the greatest.
Speaker 1: Right so on Jazzmine brand. They more so so like Queens of Bravo is more like just opinion we like by the way, yes we love Queens of Bravo.
Speaker 3: What's up? You know?
Speaker 1: They do like more memes, more opinion type stuff related to Bravo stuff, which if you're not following them, go follow them because they're like their sense of humor is great, their perspective is great. Of course they love me, so I can say, yes, you know, I love them back.
Speaker 3: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 1: So anyway back to an actual blog though, So an actual blog actually more so started out with just the website where they reported gossip news, and then as you know, social media and stuff evolved, then they became more heavily reliant on their Instagram page and stuff like that. But they still will they'll tell you like the beginnings of an article and then they'll say click the link in bio to read the rest. So they still are trying to direct people back to their website to read the full story. So what is page six That is more of a that's a news that's a newspaper outlet okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And would you say, would you consider TMZ a blog?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't consider them a blog.
Speaker 3: Well, actually they'd be like the blog of blogs.
Speaker 1: Well, I would say they are an entertainment media website. So really honestly a blog. I think any of these you could say, any of these gossipye pages would be considered an entertainment media website.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I just.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't consider the larger ones. Say, you know, like you said, a TMZ or I don't know, entertainment or whatever, a blog. I mean, I think shaver is a blog.
Speaker 3: Would they be considered blog? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that it's like I can't really define it exactly, but it is a loose term when we refer to any type of platform reports gossip.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, if you're reporting what's happening in people's lives, that's you're going to be considered a.
Speaker 1: Blog, right, yes, right, even if you're TMC or if you're just some little sight that has two readers.
Speaker 2: Yes, and sometimes the blogs get it right, yeah, Sometimes they're nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah sometimes yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes there are some my south, right, there's something that that make an effort to have a balanced.
Speaker 3: Yes situation, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Balance.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is really short. I know I said I would let you go, but I'm not. Okay, so, oh you took my power.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: First of all, this is from oh I'm sorry. This is from shout out to Derek. Derek. Oh, hi Derek, I didn't even read that part. Hi Derek.
Speaker 2: How you doing. We haven't seen you in a while. I'm sure you're like in the south of France or you know, you know, him and his wife travel all over the place. Yes, so enjoy your travels and his wife.
Speaker 3: Yes. Okay.
Speaker 2: So on my g timeline, I saw a situation where husband and wife had a joint account. He found out that over the years, she was taking money out of the joint and putting it into a hidden account. By the time he found out, she had amassed a little over twenty two thousand dollars as a just in case divorce fund. Put that in quotes. So here's my question. Number one, how would you react?
Speaker 3: Number two? Is that considered stealing? Number three? Is it wrong? Number four? Is it reasonable? Or is it you Now it's definitely shady, Yes, it's not. Actually it's reasonable.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, if he does if she's doing that, yeah, without her husband's knowledge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all types of wrong, shady. Is it wrong? Yes?
Speaker 1: Is it really? Yes? I think they should have come to an agreement that Okay, we have this money in this joint account, and we each take x amount of dollars and put it into our own personal saving.
Speaker 2: Okay, but she's what we don't know is is she contributing to the joint count, like if her salary and if she's working and her salary is going in there too, so they joint account, both moneys are going. What's wrong with her taking money out and putting it somewhere else?
Speaker 1: It's wrong if she doesn't tell him that is it. It's actually reasonable for her to do it. It's it's not if she it's reasonable.
Speaker 2: Not to tell him why because it's shady if he cheats, And it's reasonable if she needs money to get a divorce.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, I understand the logic behind it. Yes, I understand the logic and her thought process and all of that. And you know, as my grandmamat say, you know, make sure you got your own money, yea, make sure you cover all of that type of stuff. But it's in the grand scheme of things. She's wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you consider her stealing? That's not stealing because you and your husband she have.
Speaker 1: I don't consider that steal.
Speaker 3: You'll steal from your husband.
Speaker 2: No, because y'all should be one or something. Is that what the Bible says, y'all want something? Your money is my money, yes?
Speaker 3: And my money is my money? Is that what you Yes? Yes, my money is my money. Your money is all my money.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's not stealing.
Speaker 1: It's not stealing, but it's being sneaky and I think, I mean, I wonder now, okay, are they heading towards divorce? Is that why he's finding this out?
Speaker 3: Like that would really put this is actually, Derek, this is not right.
Speaker 2: He's like, this is what I say. It's like asking for friends. But really, Derek, I understand you and your wife. Your wife got a little secret stass, right.
Speaker 1: But so if there weren't problems in the relationship and the husband is just finding out the best, believe there's probably problems in the relationship now.
Speaker 3: Not necessarily.
Speaker 2: Just never know it's a rainy day, you're just saving for a rainy day. Listen, Okay, this is this is where the problem lies.
Speaker 1: I just think she should have disclosed it.
Speaker 3: She should.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is where the problem lies. If he's doing it. If he's doing it, it's a problem.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: If she's doing it, it's not a problem because he can not have a back account on the side. No, you cannot, sir.
Speaker 1: See, So why is it okay for her to do it because without telling him that. I'm just when I was married, Yeah, we had a joint account I had, and then and then Giselle had her own account. And when I remember, he did not have his own account, so his if he wanted to buy something, that came from the joint account. Okay.
Speaker 2: So whatever I put into my account was my business, right the end of the story.
Speaker 1: But you didn't You wouldn't sneak and do it without.
Speaker 3: How do you know, I'll never tell Okay.
Speaker 1: See, I think it's different. Right. It sounds like this couple they probably had some sort of setup where it was like the joint account was meant for them to, you know, pay the bills, pay the bills, I say, riy some stuff, right, save money, all of that. So if the money that's in the joint account is allotted for a purpose, whether it's to save, to pay the bills whatever, and you're not telling me that you're using it for another for one more purpose, which is to fund your own account.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yes, Robin, Yes, and leave it to beaver world. Yes, we would all be honest with each other. But that's just not how life works. Why is a secret because you don't want him to know that you're taking some money from the joint account and you're putting it in because there's a rainy day.
Speaker 1: Right, But I'm saying she should be able to put money in her account, and then he should be able to take that same amount of money and put in in his account. True, he should, you know what I'm saying. He should be able to do that. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So now he wouldn't be my husband.
Speaker 1: If you were to get married today, Yes, would you know? Would I want have that same banking setup? I just I don't so why and I never so? Well, we had a joint joint we have joint account, okay, as you should. And he has his accounts Yes, I have my account.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, I would have it. Okay.
Speaker 2: So Steve Harvey says, yeah, I saw this recently that that's how it should be, like you should have actually should have five accounts or something like you should have a joint for paying the bills. You should have a joint savings, and then you should have your individual accounts.
Speaker 3: That'd before.
Speaker 1: I don't know where it fits for the investment accounts.
Speaker 2: Was yes, okay, so I think that's good. And this this is the reason. Let's back up. I remember I was dating this guy, okay, his name is Sherman, and he said to me that when he was married, anytime his wife bought him something, it was really like he butt it for myself, right, because it was out of the joint account, right, So for those purposes like and I think I did buy jamal things from my count right, so that if it was his birthday or whatever, he wouldn't necessarily be buying.
Speaker 3: Himself access to transac. He can't see like how much I paid for it. Yeah, not that he was.
Speaker 1: He was not the.
Speaker 3: The account police at all. You are, Robin Dixon is.
Speaker 2: I just want everybody to know Robin knows where everything goes and how much is spent on everything. If she says she's not, she lying, Okay, Poor Wan Dixon because one can't spend no money without Robin being like.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, so you spend what on?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Explain that to me? So and I'm not I'm in the police either, like to like.
Speaker 1: Ease up because I'm like, I can't justify what the.
Speaker 3: Things you spend money?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: So well okay, yes, So if I were to get married tomorrow, yes, we would all have our own accounts and houses. You have your house, I have mine. So that is how that marriage will work. Oh my god, Okay, yeah, we're not. We're not cohabitating.
Speaker 3: Who does that? That's so like two thousand and four fantastic idea?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean listen, if you were not cohabitating, your car would be in the garage right right, that's a that's very true.
Speaker 3: You would not have to worry about the fan going off in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't have to worry about him just like screaming your name. Yes, and then when you want to spend time with him, he come over.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, then when he can, might I might take you up on that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I think it helps everyone. Look, you see that little shed right in front of us, yes, so that's the wine house.
Speaker 2: That's the heat shed that she shed a heat shed. So what's that called the bat the cave room, no, man cave, Yeah, that could be the man cave. It could be yeah yeah. Would he want to sleep in the man cave if.
Speaker 1: It was comfortable?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No.
Speaker 1: He wants to be a fund of.
Speaker 3: Me of course.
Speaker 2: So it's just like, oh, go away anyway, I digress. Okay, So, Derek, I hope we answered your question because we killed that with like we beat that with a horse.
Speaker 1: Oh no, okay, so let's see David.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hi, Dave.
Speaker 1: Yes, David writes to us. He said, hey, ladies, so I never listened to podcasts until I found yours. Yay, thank you. I am from the DMV area, and I am truly Jazel the little bit shady one, and I just need to find my Robin.
Speaker 3: Oh you'll find Robin or not.
Speaker 1: Anyways, last week you discussed the video on TMZ, so this is from episodes a few weeks ago. I absolutely do not want Jazelle in any drama and was taking my non existence and earrings off and putting vaciline on my face about to run to the spot to have my girl's back, because honestly, until you spoke on it, I thought it was just out. No, even with the slow down version, it looks like her. So please don't think everyone wants her in some mess because we don't. But from the video it did resemble her. All of our apologies for mistaking her for some ghetto princess. Okay, I love you too, keep knowing you your biggest man. David, Hi, David, thank you. Okay.
Speaker 3: So, David, get your eyes checked. Number one, number two.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So if people who don't really know we're talking about. So, a couple of weeks ago, there was a brawl that was shown on TMZ.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 2: A brawl shot on TMZ that had something to do with The Real Housewives Potomac.
Speaker 3: So if you're bored, go look at it. Scroll down you'll see it. Okay.
Speaker 2: So in that altercation, there was a woman who had a blonde She did have a blond ponytail shown a bright color and I normally wear bright colors. She was seen just kind of like jumping in and pulling one of the girls down to the floor.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was like taking aback because the girl looks nothing like me, and so now Dave says, he thought it was me.
Speaker 1: He thought it was you, and he loves the podcast and he loves you, and he is the Giselle and he needs to find his robbin and he was ready to come fight.
Speaker 3: Yes, help out, putt vasiline on his face. Yes, yeah, no, that was not me.
Speaker 1: So very interesting.
Speaker 2: So yes, So maybe I need to not be so angry with people's thinking that that was me for some not all, Yeah, because I was just like, yeah, of course that was Gazelle.
Speaker 3: Of course she was jumping into a fight.
Speaker 1: Right, what day?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Exactly? So for the people who were confused and thought that that was Giselle and you were genuinely confused.
Speaker 3: Yes, we apologize. Okay, all right, So moving on.
Speaker 2: This is Susie, and she says, on your last podcast, but it wasn't our last podcast.
Speaker 3: It was a while ago.
Speaker 2: You talked about hosting and food. Well, my cousin constantly invites us over her house at twelve pm.
Speaker 3: Okay, that is lunch such.
Speaker 2: But only drinks and snacks are providing. Is it shady that my cousin never serves lunch at her parties?
Speaker 3: She lives two hours.
Speaker 2: Away, but about an hour for everyone else. We end up leaving hungry all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, should we stop attending attend Yeah? Should we stop attending her parties? Or just eat before or after leaving?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's your cousin. Yes, this was Oh yeah, Susie, I said, Susie.
Speaker 1: So this is your cousin. So I feel like, as your cousin, you should be able to say to her, yeah, hey, I love to be there. What's the food situation?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm hungry, bitch?
Speaker 1: Or what's the food situation? Should we bring something right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Maybe your cousin is actually waiting for you. You all to offer the chip in and bring something true? Right? But yes, twelve o'clock it's lunchtime. You all need to be eating something more than just some snacks and drinks. It's a part two hours away. It sounds like they're like part they're hosting. So that's a party.
Speaker 3: Okay. So yeah, and if it's a part, well, like, why isn't there food at the party? It's a lunchtime. It's a lunchtime party.
Speaker 1: Right, So if it's starting at two, clearly it's not ending until at least three. I don't know I'm starting at twelve. I'm sorry, twelve. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna say. If it's starting at twelve, it's clearly not ending any earlier than three o'clock. No, so you want people to get there and be just flat out starving and they travel two hours?
Speaker 3: What kind of parties are in the world? Yeah, this is terrible.
Speaker 2: Your cousin is the worst, and you should have nipped this in the but a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think y'all need to just really I think since your cousin, you should be able to have a conversation and be like, hey, what's the food situation? Should we chip in? Maybe you guys since she frequently hosts, maybe people take turns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or get there and just order uber eat. Yeah, have that come or you bring you bring what you want to eat and bring it up for everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this is an easy fix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, that's since since you know the deal at this point, Yeah, say something yes or don't go right or yeah, or just say something. And if she's like, no, I'm just serving grapes.
Speaker 3: And cheese, then be like, no, babe, I'm hungry.
Speaker 1: Then then eat before you go. But if it's a two hour drive or whatever.
Speaker 2: Like what.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Just recently, when I discussed this with one of my friends, she called me a piglet because I said that I was hungry and she didn't have any food at her event. She's like, oh, just a piglet, just out. So I won't tell y'all who that was. Let's just yes, yes, the way she speaks, and I'm like, yeah, I'm greedy af.
Speaker 1: But she doesn't want anyone to see her eat. That's she doesn't because just because you don't eat, because you be skinny and spelt and all, that don't mean we want to be Listen people that you actually eat, that you're a human.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I liked my body, but I guess what I feed it. Okay, so listen. I'm forty two and I have This is from Tiffany, and I have lived, so you are not forty two. This from Tiffany, she said. Listen, I'm forty two.
Speaker 2: I have lived fairly independent life as a single mom of one. Recently, my truck was repossessed and I called three ex lovers slash friends that still hit me up and asked for one thousand dollars from each.
Speaker 3: I know that's right, Sis, it was crickets. Oh and I then block them.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, I got my truck back with my money. I would have gladly taken the OG's money, especially in hard times.
Speaker 1: This was in response to this is a what is the date of this email?
Speaker 3: This is April?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. This is a response to remember the lady that wrote in about the air conditioning or something her roof for something? Yes, and the guy sent her money and she didn't want to. Yes, that's what she's writing a response.
Speaker 3: Okay, right right.
Speaker 1: She said she would have gladly taken that money. Yes, because she hit up her three ex lovers.
Speaker 2: Yes, well they were X after they they got for the money. They were still lovers, but they became X after they it was crickets when she asked them for mine, I got all three of us.
Speaker 3: All three. You have one, right I could give you?
Speaker 2: How about they give you half something? Yeah, like give you a tent, give you hit you with a hondo hundreds. Now this is hilarious.
Speaker 3: But she was proud and she.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm not saying her last name, but her last name is on this. So she is loud and proud about her three love us, and who says who even writes lovers?
Speaker 3: Lovers? Who writes that word? Right? Isn't that from like the forties or the lover my eighties?
Speaker 1: The eighties?
Speaker 3: It's from the eighties, my.
Speaker 1: Love, I'm like lovers because they should be giving you more than a thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, they should have been like, I'll cover the whole.
Speaker 2: How about this, lovers, Your truck shul never been repolled. Right, they should have stopped it from being repolled.
Speaker 3: Right. Yeah, you should have been like, hey, I'm a couple months behind on my carpet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't refer to them as lovers?
Speaker 3: What are they?
Speaker 1: Curse? Boy?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, So I'm watching this show. I'm watching this show. So I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was like a term that men kind of like like to possess, Like guys that just don't want like a relationship or whatever, don't like just out here doing them.
Speaker 3: They're like, yeah, I'm a boy. Really, Yeah, where do you learn that? I was watching something?
Speaker 2: Okay, And that's kind of like he didn't mind that really, Yeah he said I'm a man.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Okay.
Speaker 1: I thought that terminology was more so used for guys that like mooch off of guys and then and they're like their do boy, you know.
Speaker 3: The do boy.
Speaker 2: Yes, but yeah, this is just the actual act. Okay, yes, like like you just you're gonna hit it and quit it. That's to be a better term, hit it and quit it boys. Okay, yeah, and they're proud. I mean yeah, I'm sure there's plenty of people, but but but in this particular situation, the woman was like, I just want you to be a hit it and quit it yeah, And that that's what messed him up.
Speaker 3: That he was like, oh, but I like you, okay, don't do it every time. Every time. It's so predictable. He's so predictable. I had to give that advice to a female the other day.
Speaker 1: Did you act like a dude? Oh? Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh sure did No.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, we're not going to say that this person was, but this is a girl that catches feelings.
Speaker 3: Yes, So this we need we need people to write in. Are you a girl that catches feelings?
Speaker 1: Right? Or can you hit it and quit it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And me and Robin was like, girl, you better hit it and quit it right as soon as it's over. Throw them his clothing, kick him out, get out.
Speaker 1: Act like a dude. And I was just like and so like, how do you do that? Is it just got to act like a dude. Just take on the mentality of a dude. You'll be good or not.
Speaker 2: Just like tell him get the hell out, Like, do not let him sleep there. She's like, Oh, I don't know, I don't know if I can do that.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can. You're gonna do it today. You can find out what happened. Oh yeah, I will circle back. Yeah, I think she's traveling, but I will a bit, but I will be circling back on that. Okay. So anyway, we're out of here. Oh my gosh, love y'all so much.
Speaker 2: Thank y'all so much for being listeners from tuning in every Monday. We totally appreciate it. Don't ever forget to live your life. Either reasonable or shakee day or both.
Speaker 3: By Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 3: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon ten Giselle Bryant and reasonably shady