Speaker 1: Transmitting Aleska. Hello, welcome to the show more than studio. All right, let's get to know. Here's the question. What was your nickname in school? Did you have a nickname? What was your nickname? If you didn't, what was kind of your nickname? I go first, and I'll be very gentle with this because I do understand it's very early in the morning. In seventh grade, I'll season football. We wrestled. I was very undersized, but I would take on anybody. And I picked like one of the big linemen from ninth grade, and he beat me up pretty bad. It was slinging me all over the ring. My shorts ripped and I stopped there. But my nickname from seventh grade all the way to twelfth was t Bone. Yeah. I read about that one. Arroble hated it is the worst trauma and has nothing to do with Bobby Bones. By the way, the whole school call you t bone. I hated it. It is miserable. That sucked. So that was mine. I'll tvOne here. Yeah, good start amy.
Speaker 2: Some called me motormouth moffit.
Speaker 1: Motormouth moffitt.
Speaker 3: That was my hilarious some some not everybody. Yeah, I mean that's the only nickname I had, well, one of my neighbors she called me famous Samus and then motor mouth Moffit was another one. Famous because those cookies names Amy and those cookies is famous same as cookies. So anytime you should be like famous Samess. I still see her sometimes it's days she'll be like famous Sames.
Speaker 1: So that just happened to be a cookie. But the motormouth Moffitt, which your name was mofa, that was probably for because I talked a lot. Yeah, that's that's that's funny alliteration too. Yeah, my lunchbox brom King. That wasn't your nickname, but they gave me.
Speaker 4: That's the title they gave me.
Speaker 1: But anyone call you that. And also wasn't that like the end of your senior year, so there really wasn't a nickname was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I was just stud good looking, mister popular.
Speaker 1: They called you mister popular. You were so popular, your nickname was mister popular. I mean yeah, I mean that was everything under the sun. I mean I was classic. I mean you just name it, that's what you didn't name anything. You said half of one thing and then you moved off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, like I said, they just switched around like ladies man pimp.
Speaker 1: They called you pimp, they called you mister popular and pimp yep Eddie, do you have any name?
Speaker 6: Yeah, some people call me Eto, and I liked it. And once in a while, like when I'm typing something and I tapped my name, I accidentally do edo ed d oh, and I'm like, gosh, it takes me back.
Speaker 1: Not the whole school didn't call me Edo, but just like.
Speaker 6: A certain people, certain people would be like, Eto, what's up your name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like Eddie Edo. I wish I had a name that was just about my not t Bone. Had nothing to do with my name. Ray, you have a nickname? Yeah, I mean I had the sports nick names, then I had just the school nick name. Some people call me a C. Slater from Sause. Your last name was Slater. Yeah, they call you a C in sports. When I played basketball, they called me total, so it was a total package. Okay, all right, we're gonna get going. Glad you're here, Emp, total heado motormouth. You got a bone in the morning.
Speaker 7: It's anonymous sin.
Speaker 8: By Anonymous sin bar, A question to be come.
Speaker 1: Hello, Bobby Bones. My mom has always decorated her house from the top to the bottom every Christmas. Over the years, she has collected a ridiculous amount of Christmas decorations. When I was a kid, it was cool that our house was always so festive. But as my parents have gotten older, my mom has leaned on me more each year to help get all the decorations out and put them all up and put them all away. The last couple of years, the job has become one hundred percent on me, and it is no longer fun. Now it's just an extra job that I have to do. It stinks. I know I missed this when she's not around anymore, but only have so much time. How can I convince her that we should scale back to decorating without upsetting or disappointing her. Signed kid of a Christmas fanatic. To me, it sounds like your mom is getting older and unless it's keeping you from doing something that you will need to do, you just need to do it, yep, Because you're gonna be sad he didn't, but she's not around anymore. You're gonna be like I wish I wouldn't email the radio show being kind of but we're gonna tell you we think you should keep doing it.
Speaker 4: Oh it's hard though, man.
Speaker 5: My grandparents, my grandpa was into Christmas and he always needed us our help, and we'd had to go over there and he'd make us measure like two inches in between each steak when we're putting the lights in the ground. And one time I'm in the shed and I'm just complaining the whole time, and my cousin's supposed to be on lookout and my grandpa walks up and goes, fine, if you guys don't want to be here, you can leave, and I'm like, man, it's still to.
Speaker 1: This day, see, I feel guilty.
Speaker 5: That I should have just enjoyed the moment, even though it was so tedious and so hard.
Speaker 1: So yes, just shut up and do it.
Speaker 5: Do it when they're dead, like my grandparents are, you're gonna miss those Christmas decorating days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this is the time that you get. I would look at it as you get to do this right now.
Speaker 1: And you could take somebody to do it with you too, Yeah, husband and wife, whatever, that's true. Just I'm making a thing to please help me so I can get out here quicker. But you should do it, that's all.
Speaker 3: Right a thing with her like of yeh questions talking, they'll know you're checking them.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but still do it? Do it? Do it? Because like Lunchbox just said, as he had a tear in his eye, he did. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then like my cousin just really let me down by he's supposed to be on lookout and let Grandpa walk up on us.
Speaker 1: Terrible. All right, there you go, it's time for us to tell you stuff. Maybe you didn't know. Heck, we didn't know it until we started searching for what are fun facts? Here's one it didn't make the cut. Yoga was banned in Alabama public schools for nearly thirty years because they thought people would be converting to Hinduism. Oh just by doing yoga. They're scared of that and stretch it. Yeah, there you go. All right, let's get this some fun stuff go. I'll go first. The phrase blow and smoke up your blank? Do you know where that comes from? No, it comes from doctors. They used to give tobacco in him as to drowning victims to resuscitate them.
Speaker 2: Really up there, whose idea was that?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: To begin with?
Speaker 1: Seventeen hundreds? I don't know. Oh, but it was probably through like a syringe. It was like someone.
Speaker 3: Blowing like no, yeah, of course it was probably abaco Okay.
Speaker 1: But they were like yeah, smoke, yeah, any much you got?
Speaker 2: Did you know snakes can predict earthquakes?
Speaker 1: That makes sense. Maybe they feel something at a more sensitive level than we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these lithery creatures can sense an upcoming earthquake from a staggering seventy five miles away and up to five whole days before it even happens.
Speaker 1: That's brave. You start seeing snakes are on it down the road, you know what's up? Out of here, man lunchbox.
Speaker 5: Between seven and ten percent of men suffer from shy bladder syndrome, also known as tinkle terror or p anxiety, where they have difficult difficulty urinating.
Speaker 1: With others around. To pick one of those, I think I would go with I'm not doing the tickled terror. Yeah, I would just go with urine anxiety. You're a nation anxiety. You guys have that like around other people? No, No, I could be right here, Yeah, I can just go right now anywhere. Yeah, easy, eddie.
Speaker 6: The most common password is one, two, three, four, five six, according to research. Other common passwords are I love you, sunshine and just the word password.
Speaker 1: Come on a lot of password, but now a lot of places make you do a capital. Guests have letters, numbers, and symbols, so you can't do one two four five six anymore.
Speaker 6: But then don't you just change a letter to a symbol that you do eddie one to th four five six colon right exactly, all right, Moregan.
Speaker 9: One hundred and fifty two people in the United States.
Speaker 10: Are named Lol.
Speaker 9: It is their legal birth name, and most of them live in Wyoming, so it.
Speaker 1: Must be like like that must be like a family name.
Speaker 6: Hey, loll loll, hey, well you get here on even for help real quick before I didn't help them build a fence.
Speaker 1: Oh l.
Speaker 7: It's time for the good news box.
Speaker 5: There's a dude out for a walk in Rhode Island and he looks up and he sees a two year old climbing out of the window of a second story apartment and it climbs out on the little roof.
Speaker 1: Imagine just seeing that happening and being because you don't really have the power to save it, right then.
Speaker 5: Right, And so it's out on the little roof, and he's like, hey, go back in the window. Go back in the window, Go back in the window. The two year old starts walking towards the edge. He's like, I gotta do something. He climbs up the brick building like.
Speaker 1: Spider Man outside, so the kid from the outside and grabs the kid in time before it falls off the little roof. And it's all.
Speaker 4: Caught on camera. And the dude's name is Good Samaritan.
Speaker 1: Oh that's his name.
Speaker 2: So he anymous.
Speaker 4: He wants to be anonymous.
Speaker 5: He just wants to be known as a Good Samaritan doing what he was supposed to do.
Speaker 1: And that's so cool. And there's a video. There's somebody else surely identify, right.
Speaker 4: I mean like they've bored out the kid in the video. I can see the video, but they have the kid's.
Speaker 1: Face board out headed that.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying, but they don't have it. He has a red hoodie on. Now they're.
Speaker 1: Commercial, got a commercial. Yeah, he climb up a whoop Spider Man save, he got him. That's ascot him. That is what it's all about.
Speaker 7: That was telling me something.
Speaker 1: Good organ It seems like you're always in uncomfortable situations with your uber drivers.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't know why that is.
Speaker 9: Maybe it's because I'm just like a young girl and I'm typically by myself.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe, And you're not a young girl. You're thirty years old.
Speaker 9: I look young, though I don't look like I'm fifty.
Speaker 10: Is my point.
Speaker 1: You're a Woman's wrong with that.
Speaker 11: I'm just saying, like everybody, I just like woman, I'm little, like I'm my foot.
Speaker 1: Tall, right, Okay, Morgan, So what happened to you?
Speaker 10: Well, dear goodness.
Speaker 9: So I was in my uber I went to with one of my friends out and we got an uber together and I had ordered it, and this car pulled up and it was the exact car on my uber app. And so I opened the door and I'm like, hey, you're looking for Morgan.
Speaker 1: And he's like yeah.
Speaker 10: I'm like okay, cool. So we get in. Don't think much of it.
Speaker 1: This already feels creepy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, He's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, He's just like yeah, can you see Well?
Speaker 9: I always ask because I get nervous. And so we get in the car and I always watch on the uber because I've had a lot of uncomfortable rides, So I watched to make sure we're going in the right directions. Well, we make a few of the correct turns, and then all of a sudden, he starts going the complete opposite direction. And I was like, I'm watching it on the Uber app, and I'm kind of sitting there for a few minutes, like, where are we going? Maybe he's taking a different turn?
Speaker 1: Does he look like the picture?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it looked like it's also dark out.
Speaker 1: I mean it was like one am his license plate, but your phone doesn't have a light.
Speaker 10: Well, I didn't like shine on him, like me.
Speaker 1: Out okay, okay.
Speaker 9: Yeah, as far as like it looked like the picture, it was.
Speaker 10: The right car. Everything was accurate.
Speaker 1: License plate.
Speaker 9: I didn't check the license weight because we were on Broadway, So like, you're moving fast, okay, And so I'm like watching it and he keeps going wrong direction, and so finally I'm like, are you sure you're like taking us to the right place? And he kind of like mumbles back something. He's not really making any words young girls, and I'm like okay, and I kind of look at my We're looking a little uncomfortable and we're still going in the wrong direction.
Speaker 10: And finally I'm like, sir, are you sure you were supposed to be picking us up. He's like, no, I'm not even an uber driver.
Speaker 2: And he was like, okay, can you just.
Speaker 10: Stop, just stop the car, Just stop the car. We'll get out right here.
Speaker 2: Why did he let you get in?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Man, you could have been yeah, yeah, it could have been over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like that's when you get out of the car and take a picture of lize weight and call nine one.
Speaker 1: Okay one. First of all, yes, that's bad. But you got into his car.
Speaker 2: I asked. I was like, are you looking for Morgan?
Speaker 1: He's like, are you maybe? Are you looking for like a good time?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Does Morgan mean something else?
Speaker 1: Like most so, No, No, he lets you, he lets you out.
Speaker 10: He does let us out. I you know, I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't know if he thought we were just so drunk we weren't paying attention and that was the you know, the scenario. But I was very sober and so I knew what was happening, and so he did pull over.
Speaker 10: He let us out, and we.
Speaker 9: Were like in a warehouse district, like it was dark out, and I'm like, we are not in a good place.
Speaker 10: So I'm like quickly ordering an Uber.
Speaker 9: We had to wait twenty more minutes for a different and actual Uber.
Speaker 10: To show up. It was a really bad situation.
Speaker 2: What do we learn from this?
Speaker 1: We learned that I still I think that's partially Morgan's fault. Yeah, check all the check every the last three numbers of license plates.
Speaker 3: What I do, And I think it is good to see if they are there for you. But maybe we open the door and say, hey, who are you here for? Because then they'll have to say your name back to you. If you give them your name, then they're like they.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: So you say, oh, hey, who are you here for?
Speaker 1: And they say, I can't believe he said, I'm not even an Uber driver. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Like did you say what was your plan?
Speaker 10: No? I was just in shock.
Speaker 9: I was just like, pull over, just pull over, just get us out.
Speaker 10: Of the car.
Speaker 4: How fast were you going at that point?
Speaker 10: I mean he's probably going forty. We weren't not on a highway. We were on like a back road. Essentially.
Speaker 4: I was gonnay. I don't even know if I would just say pull over and diving out.
Speaker 6: But he didn't have fortyps out or anything, because like all you have mints in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that's what they all have.
Speaker 9: He don't have his phone up like a app was up.
Speaker 1: It was weird.
Speaker 10: It was really weird.
Speaker 4: And you didn't take a picture of the license bite and call nine?
Speaker 7: Will one happen?
Speaker 10: Like, honestly, all of this shocks me.
Speaker 9: Like, yes, I'm paying attention, I'm very aware of my surroundings.
Speaker 1: But like she did get in his car?
Speaker 2: Yes, did he happen to be like a lift driver? And like you said, uber, so he's like.
Speaker 1: No, grub idiot?
Speaker 4: Did you open the doors?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 4: Are you here for young girls?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: And apparently I'm not a young girl? I said, are you here for Morgan? That is yeah, weird, that is so weird.
Speaker 4: I'm worried.
Speaker 1: Morgan used to at home. Yeah that's over. No more going out for you, hey, young girl, no more going out for you? Your grounded?
Speaker 9: Yeah, apparently I'm old, So I need to say home anywhere?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, look at the license plate, every buddy, Yeah, last three letters? License plate match it up?
Speaker 2: Also, who are you here for?
Speaker 1: And if they say Morgan, then that's probably not you. Morgan's a code work for young girls? Oh?
Speaker 4: I mean you hear you? Want to hear good. I mean I shouldn't read the story time too.
Speaker 9: They make you say codes and stuff now and that one for whatever, like obviously he didn't there was no code.
Speaker 1: Is it a bad story? It's really bad, dude.
Speaker 2: What kind of car?
Speaker 1: Like they kill somebody?
Speaker 4: A woman mistook a car for an uber guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good, I'm good. Those are bad because I easily could have been Morgan, especially if she didn't have her friend with her.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm really glad I was not by myself.
Speaker 1: Well, this is a good PSA good all right, thank you guys. PSA. Don't should get anybody's car. Apparently, fandoms of celebrity is good for you. Apparently. Psychologists say that most fan relationships famous people and even sports teams are positive. They increase media enjoyment, they improve your emotional well being, and they provide a sense of companionship. I would completely agree with that. I think part of the reason, no, I know a part of the reason that I love the Arkansas Razorback so much, as it was basically the only stable thing I ever had in my childhood, meaning as I was moving around as oz who knows, I knew every Saturday Arkansas was gonna play and it was going to be on free TV, and I knew on Tuesdays and be basketball games. And that was the one thing that no matter where I went, it was always happening. I'd have a lot of consistency that was always super consistent from me. I'm sure that's why I'm so what's emotional about it? Good or bad?
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna not want to ever make fun of the fact that how heart broken you get?
Speaker 1: Oh, no, you should. I'm definitely a loser. Yeah, yeah, I mean I should have gotten out of this. I mean, I'm forty three, so.
Speaker 3: But I feel like, what's ever what everybody else's excuse to be obsessed with the teams?
Speaker 1: Well or hold on, hold on, I don't know she's judging.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift a picture. You took an art class to paint a picture for Taylor Swift, just to give it to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she told me I was so talented. I still remember it, she said, you are so talented?
Speaker 1: So what is what is your deal?
Speaker 3: I mean, for it was for a while, Taylor. I feel like that kind of fizzled off the older I got, But.
Speaker 1: Who is it now, good question. Once we saw a woman named Kimberly Snyder or something and oh, yeah, that's vegan vegetarian talk place, and he's like, I'm so nervous to talk to her. I was like, she cooks broccoli. We're all people. And I went up and I was like, what up yet?
Speaker 3: Bobby said high And then I was like, okay, fine, I'll say high. And then Bobby's like, get a picture, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, who is Okay around the room. The most famous person or thing that you just are obsessed or love mine for sure is the Arkansas Razorbacks. Okay, you have to pick one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'll pick one. I'll go with right now.
Speaker 10: Can I choose?
Speaker 1: Like Marvel superheroes, you do whatever you want? Does that count?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Markay, okay, yeah, Marvel in general, the superheroes in general.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like all superheroes.
Speaker 1: You have to make out with one superhero which on't want to be Captain America? Okay? Is it because of him the actor or because of him the character?
Speaker 10: It definitely it turns out when he's the character too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Eddie the Dallas Cowboys. But I don't want to make out with any of them. I just I just get it. I can't Cowboys for you, Cowboys, Sam Hunt, we've been going ten years strong. No fizzle there, Excus, dude.
Speaker 6: Was through Lana Magic and I would make out the entire team and then.
Speaker 1: Uh, Abby, what about you? Yeah, that's your most passionate fandom type thing.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, Ause do you go to games at all?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: Every I went to every game in college, and I tried to when I'm home, like for Christmas, I go.
Speaker 1: You still go to a game of year? Oh yeah, that's awesome, love it d easily post Malone. Oh yeah, I love post Malono. Yeah, mighty loves post Malone.
Speaker 2: But I like the sports ones with y'all.
Speaker 3: Like, Oh, that's from your childhood, which is mine?
Speaker 1: Is for sure a while for sure your parents were Cowboys fans. My mom is the biggest Cowboys fans. From yeah Abbey where your parents big Jayhawks fans?
Speaker 9: Yes, my grandpa and my aunts went there.
Speaker 8: And sure I just.
Speaker 1: Don't have that.
Speaker 3: I mean someone from my childhood that I've always been usessed be George straight, right, but I don't. Yeah, and I mean yes, so from early on to now, I would be obsessed with him, but in a healthy way.
Speaker 2: And just in case he hears this.
Speaker 3: I just don't have a sports team that I You don't like.
Speaker 1: Sports gravitates you're not a sports person. So I feel it, I know.
Speaker 3: But like my grandma had pictures of Bear Bryant in her ling room. They had a Crimson van with an elephant tire cover. They bowled, they had elephant bowling pins like they were hardcore. But like, I never It's not like I grew up being like, oh, I've got to go to Alabama.
Speaker 1: I don't either. You're crazy. All right, thank you everybody.
Speaker 7: It's time for the good news already.
Speaker 6: Alvin is a mailman from Dallas, Texas, and he's been doing this for twenty years.
Speaker 1: But he's also a Marine Corps veteran.
Speaker 6: So he's at work, he's going through his mail bag and at the very bottom he finds these old letters, like what is this? It's a Christmas card from nineteen forty two, which is World War Two?
Speaker 1: Do we think that no one had gotten to the bottom of the bag?
Speaker 6: Is I guess there are like so many hamters in like the mail room or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's some military gets lost in those things.
Speaker 3: Would you call them a hampter hampered hamper hampered from nineteen forty two, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like reaching the bottom. Geez.
Speaker 6: So he finds that and a bunch of other letters from that same time.
Speaker 1: He's like, this is crazy. He looks at him.
Speaker 6: They're addressed to mister and missus Henry Lamb of Jacksonville, Arkansas. He's like, these are World War two letters from a soldier. So he got in his own car on his day off, drove three hundred and seventy nine miles, found the people that it was addressed to and delivered to him themselves. Are they're still alive? They're still alive. Yeah, I'm in the family, somebody of the family whoever owned that house, whether it's like a daughter or a son or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were in their eighties.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be willing to bet that if that mailman wasn't a former veteran veteran, sure he's veteran now, but a former military remember, you wouldn't have done that. I don't know. Some elements are good, but I bet that meant extra to him because he had also served. Yeah, and also I hear that, like you can get a job as a mailman that's like the greatest job. Why benefits. It's like a government job. You get all the whole holidays off. Yeah, but they all seem like they're in a bad mood. Not my mailman. My mail man's like always nice. But people at the post office don't seem very happy. But that's not a mailman.
Speaker 3: But also sometimes people in line at the post off, the customers can be equally as rude.
Speaker 1: And the lighting in there. But also you're not a mailman. Those are postal worker. There's a sting difference there. I'm always weirded out by the mailman with the or male woman whatever. But the steering wheel on the wrong side.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you guess they can go to like London and just like kill it and think about that.
Speaker 1: It's like drive in the UK. They feel better driving in the UK. That's a great story. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 7: That was telling me something good.
Speaker 1: These the top nine driving distractions and can cause a crash.
Speaker 4: Oh man, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Phone phone comes in at number two. Putting on makeup. I've seen people do that. Putting on makeup, no eating and driving number seven. Okay, let's see here, kids is a good one. Amy other passengers I'll give you that. You know music, Oh the radio jamming out.
Speaker 4: Or laughing in our show. I love that guy who's so funny.
Speaker 5: Crap.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was kind of funny. Hey, listen, that was kind of funny. I'll be honest. That was a good one. But that's not it. Okay, we say phone, we say phone anything else. No, they just said like that was the one crash. Uh huh, he's so funny. Number nine pets oh, reading a book. Number I've seen it. Just because you've seen it, though, it doesn't mean it's one of the most common. Number eight messing with anything like the AC, like thest like trying to change the system, stuff like the AC, the heat. Number seven, eating and driving ahead, making out other passengers. Number five, reaching for stuff like in the backseat or other floorboard and whom swing over? Number four lack of sleep, dang Number three looking at stuff outside of your vehicle, like goboards, even oh, day dreaming. That's one. Billboards everywhere to his cell phones. One his day dreaming. I always feel like billboards are made for the passenger, not the driver. They're supposed to be. But if there's a phone numbers that, what do you do. It's not like you can look at it very long. You'll right, and then you have those billboards that change in the middle, and then you're just like, well, you know, you gotta turn around because you just miss out what I said. All right, those are your top nine, Amy, you ready for the corny? There we go, morning corn the morning corny.
Speaker 3: Did you hear about the cat who swallowed a ball of wool she gave birth to mittens?
Speaker 1: That was the corn that was funny like kittens? Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: Friday morning conversation.
Speaker 1: See body, what's your hat there? That's Nashville. Oh yeah, okay, blue red right there on it. Boom, Nashville sounds. I think. So you a big baseball guy. I like baseball. I used to be a big baseball guy, and that's still a kind of a baseball guy. Baseball is kind of too slow now. They played too many games, one hundred and sixty two games. I can't keep up with enough to be a big change. The rule though. The pitch clock, yeah, and that speeds it up, but it's one hundred and sixty two games. Don't have to watch all of them. I do because I'm gonna bet them.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, no, So I.
Speaker 4: Gotta I gotta watch them all.
Speaker 1: What about football? You watch a lot of football? No? No, I mean I don't watch a lot of sports period. I like to go to games. What's your favorite kind of game to go to? A good one? Yeah, doesn't go any sport. It doesn't matter, you know, if it's a good game. I don't you know, a slow game that's you know, kind of sloppy played.
Speaker 12: I don't want to see that. But I want to see guys, you know, getting effort. What about coaching? Would you ever coach your kids? You want to coach anything?
Speaker 1: I'm a terrible teacher. I'm a terrible coach. I don't think I could do any of that. Why you're a warm I feel like you're a warm person. You know, you write lyrics, you know what to say. Why don't feel like you never assistant coached?
Speaker 12: No, No, couldn't do it. No patience. I have patience. I just don't have the skill to teach. It's a real skill. It's like a talent.
Speaker 1: It's not Eddie coaches kids. Yeah, nine year old basketball? Yeah, dude, never played games like I do it. He square guys get better?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Yeah, we won a few games, just a few okay, well you know, I don't know. I mean a lot of it has also has to do without work on the weekends a lot. So yeah, you know, and a lot of a lot of those things happen on the weekends.
Speaker 1: The great thing about working on the weekends is you like, if you want to, like drip drop you kids off of school, you can probably do that. And think about that for artists like you, guys are able to have like a somewhat normal in an abnormal life like that would be pretty nice because you're gone every weekend, not every weekend. I mean you try to adjust that. Yeah you're not. But like, like my life, I gotta wake up at three o'clock in the morning. It sucks. I don't know, no I do. It sucks. Think I didn't hear me. What time are you done? Ten pm? Ten pm?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: And you have to go to bed at what time? Ten pm? Ten pm? Yeah, I'm at work all day, all night.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I don't have any kids yet though, right, so I have five. So you and I have nothing to talk about.
Speaker 1: You know, So let me ask a couple of questions about me then, because we're eventually we're gonna have kids, right, what's fun about them? There's lots of stuff about it because I feel like it's like it's they're just taking up time, Like what's what's the whoa fulfilling about?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: I don't have any kids, right, I'm literally asking you a question. You have five kids, but what's what can what do I? What do I do? You just always got to take care of them. I've been very selfish my whole life. I've lived on myself and I get married till forty and I have any kids. But it just feels like, holy crap, once you have a kid, you don't even have a life anymore.
Speaker 12: Tru or false. I think that's false. You have a different life, Okay, you know it's a different life. Your life is is you know, is in a lot of ways dedicated to to you know, helping them become. I just feel like I'm sure selfish for that. I don't think you are. I think you can probably have it like you do a lot of charity work I do.
Speaker 1: I think a fear too, is I didn't have a dad growing up, right, and I didn't have parents that were together. Okay, my mom was out. I never saw models I never saw parents. Okay, so maybe I feel like, maybe I'm just scared I'm gonna be a terrible parent, and I'm using all of this as as a cover for that.
Speaker 12: Okay, Well, I mean that could that could be true. That sounds like I'm not a therapist here, But well, this got real hard. You got five kids. I'm scared to death. I'm gonna be like my biological father. But jump out. Well, I mean I think there's a wanting to be better than the parents that you had. Yea, even if you had good parents is if you start there, you're in.
Speaker 1: A good spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it just scares me when somebody says they have two kids, I'm like, what, like, why what other thing's scary? Heights? Hides?
Speaker 12: I'm scared of heights. I got that one. You jumped out of a plane. No, I didn't wanted to. I did jump on a plane. See you're scared of huts, you jump out.
Speaker 1: Of it by myself. I drove up to the place by myself because I was scared to death and said I want to I want to jump out of a plane. And I thought I was like a suicide bomb or something. Because by myself going I want to jump out of a plane, And so I went up with a family I didn't know and jumped out of a plane. Did you do it because you were afraid of it? Yes?
Speaker 12: So by that logic, are you gonna have kids just because you're afraid of it?
Speaker 1: Not just because I will have kids because I love my wife and she and I think I do want to have kids. But if I jump out of the plane and I die, that's on me. I bring a kid into the world and I suck, that's on them.
Speaker 12: You know this, and you know, listen, you're going to fail. We're all going to fail as parents. You can't be a perfected parent, and I think you have to allow yourself that and then you know, discuss with your children too, Like, you know, it's okay to apologize. You say, hey, man, sorry, I was out of line there. And that's not something that we had as a generation I don't think before us or even particularly before our parents' generation. Like, but I think that's probably the healthiest way to handle it, is allow yourself to be human in it, and your kids will see that and hopefully you know, forgive you for your shortcomings and then really.
Speaker 1: Kind of adopt your your strengths. I'll have a kid you jump out of a plane. We'll make the deal right here.
Speaker 12: I don't think I'm allowed to jump.
Speaker 7: On the Bobby Bones show. Now.
Speaker 1: Okay, look, I got two final questions for you. You know I love you, So I got two final questions. Well, I will keep you. I keep you all day.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: You are known as a prolific songwriter now and guitar player. But I'm going to ask you to put that back on somebody else. Have you ever been in the room and it could be one of your buddies, it could be somebody you wrote with the first time that had a concept or a lyric that you're just like, oh my god, that is awesome.
Speaker 12: Yes, pretty much every time I ride with somebody.
Speaker 1: What comes to mind is one of the last times that happened.
Speaker 12: I mean, once again, I've co written with somebody maybe once in the last two years, so I don't do a lot of that anymore.
Speaker 1: What about one of your hits from five years ago, somebody gives you like a great lyric inside of it.
Speaker 12: Well, I mean most of the time when that happens, it would have been with Mike Henderson who's no longer with us, but he was a poet, you know, and I would walk into that a lot in that room peop blown away, Yeah, just like well okay, yeah, I'm My function in that room most of the time was to make up a mountain.
Speaker 1: Do you get tagged or people want to always show you people singing Tennessee whiskey. I would assume everywhere you go, not a lot.
Speaker 12: I mean people will send it to me when they're in some place that they don't think that they're going to hear it, Like somebody be in Mexico and send a Mariaccapan Planet.
Speaker 4: Which is awesome.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, that's like that song. When I was on Idol toobody would by to sing that you have made that song just ubiquitous in all the music. And I don't know if that gets to you because you're in it, but man, it's even from all this shows and musical and this everybody wants to sing that song all the time, where it's like cool, that's good, but it's up like.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, it's coming the point. I mean, I'm sure there's there's it's become.
Speaker 1: Headed James at Last. They do that too a lot like great song, but when so many people sing it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well it's hard, you know, like willing Else is Crazy is another song like that that I'm not saying it's.
Speaker 1: Not Willier the song, but it's the people that keeps in every world.
Speaker 12: And there's so many versions of songs like sometimes you know, and sometimes they're they're done to you like you don't need to do them, and but there's always somebody that can you know, bring something to it, so that that's always I mean, and I think the real challenge when you have a song that becomes that recognizable or or fun for people to sing, the challenge becomes what can you bring to it?
Speaker 1: And it's almost like some kind of game for people, for singers.
Speaker 12: Almost, you know, like I'm gonna put this on it, and.
Speaker 1: I don't know, do you ever not want to sing that song anymore?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Why would I not want to sing that song? I don't know if you're singing it so many times, I mean, the sing a.
Speaker 12: Lot of songs, but a lot of times that that song is the reason that you're sitting here talking to me right now.
Speaker 1: Now. You were on before that, we had you on before. That's true, that's true. You did. But but that's the reason that you continue to talk to me, and I'm in love with you. That's why I talk to you.
Speaker 12: A lot of people on on this show that sometimes and I probably was in this category at one point where and forgive me for not know how it works, but I think you probably have to have them on because they have a current single out.
Speaker 1: Or I used to have to do that, not anymore to do anything, really have to think, I don't want to do anymore. I's client thing.
Speaker 12: But mostly it's like yeah, well, but also sometimes it's a relationship thing. I'm sure where it's like, hey, I got my guy here, bring him on, or for sure, this is this is the new act.
Speaker 1: She he was really good. I think you should check it out.
Speaker 12: And you and you and you have to roll the dodge on those things sometimes, I think, and and that's one of the strengths of this show, I think, is you bring people along that nobody's ever heard of, which I was one of those people.
Speaker 1: At some point, Megan Maroney covered what are You listening to? You played that on the show before. Have you heard her version? I don't think I have. Oh my god, it's it's awesome. It's like that song was so good. I was always so disappointed that wasn't that first song because when you that was that song, I loved it. I think everything worked out like it was supposed to it. It's all good. You believe in that. You believe everything working out like I do.
Speaker 12: Even you, particularly in the times that you're frustrated thinking that something's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: I don't understand this.
Speaker 12: Is this is a good whatever, and it applied to any part of life.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 12: You know when things aren't working out like you think they should, and you've done all the things that you think you're supposed to do to get the result that you think you're supposed to get and it's just not lining up. I think if you can take a deep breath in those moments and go on, well, there's a reason none of this is lining up.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is at this moment. I can't see it.
Speaker 12: I'm not happy about it, but but move on with time and keep on pushing, and eventually you get to the to a place where you're like, oh, the reason that this didn't happen is because.
Speaker 1: This other thing needed to happen. And that's like Marcus really is like meditation is the book. He just give the whole book right there. And also it's like that's that's why he hasn't taken plural murals. There's got to be a really that must be a really good I mean, I've been thinking about it the whole time. I do think it's a shuffle. Okay, well let me know that's not the melody. But okay, Chris, congratulations. I love when you come around man, Thank you. Yeah, it's awesome. You guys heard this guy Chris all right there he is Chris Stanplon. Everybody, Hush up, wake up, Wake up.
Speaker 8: In the mall and its radio and the Dodgorsady Lunchbox mor get too. Steve bred have be trying to put you through the buck. He's running this week's next bit, the Bobby's on the box.
Speaker 1: So you know what this is about? It all. I had to give Lunchbox money for this bit, but he also used his money right correct, So I'm good. So we had to tell me something good. Where a lady was in line at the store. The person in front of her was struggling to pay. For whatever reason, credit card didn't work. They didn't have any money. She said, let me get it for you. She paid for the person's groceries. So I said the lunchbox, why don't you do this and gets in the magic karma. Maybe that's why she won let me take it. She bought it, didn't have the number, all of a sudden she bought it. Point existed after that, can't prove it didn't. Yeah, correct, So you go to the store. You take fifty bucks from me, Yeah, fifty bucks from you, fifty bus from me. You put your pomish with you in.
Speaker 4: I'll put more than that.
Speaker 1: Actually, it got it got difficult, man. What do you mean.
Speaker 5: I mean like you would be in line and the person in front of you, it looks like they just have a like a drink or a candy bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh, wait, I gotta grab this, and they grab a case of beer you know before you don't know it, and then they have, oh I need two packs of or two things a dip and it's like, let me get out of the line and get back then, and then I'd go to the back of the line and try to get the next person.
Speaker 4: So it took the law. Well, I thought it was just gonna be easy. Where you ever buying snickers? You paid for it.
Speaker 5: It's like two dollars. Let's get out of there with the lottery ticket. So anybody they did what you said, you just left. You didn't buy it, didn't help?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, ye here here's the first clip. What am I playing here?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 4: There's me at the gas station.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: This is just me going in and acting like I'm just there to shop and then just my heart is just bursting with do something nice?
Speaker 4: Can I pay for those?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna I'm gonna buy her she's been working hard all day.
Speaker 4: I bet I'm gonna'm gonna do something nice. You know what I mean. I'm gonna buy her drink and her cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Here, that's so nice?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Do you want this nice?
Speaker 4: I don't want that money. I'm gonna pay for it.
Speaker 1: I am serious.
Speaker 4: No, don't count quarters, don't count quarters. We're gonna do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna buy a twenty dollars scratch off, you know what I mean? Like not saying I need a good carra I'm just saying, hey, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Wanna buy it for you.
Speaker 7: That makes me It's yeah.
Speaker 4: Which one do I want? What's the best twenty dollars one. There's no catch, no catch, no catches.
Speaker 7: I mean thank.
Speaker 5: You, not that I'm saying smoke.
Speaker 4: Oh, shary left. She don't want to hear me talking about IM not smoking.
Speaker 1: What's great is she's so excited. That really helped her that I love.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she had a thirty two ounce coke and a pack of cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Great, and she was like, oh, I don't wanna have to count quarters. So we helped make her day a little better. We did. Why did you say, though, the karma thing, you shouldn't even address it like that probably killed that ticket immediately, Like you're doing good, you don't have to talk about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was saying, it's like, don't worry, it ain't for karma, and that's what I said.
Speaker 1: Well, now you're lying now, so you got a ticket? Yep? Is it with you?
Speaker 4: It's Quisby.
Speaker 1: We haven't scratched him yet, right, nope, Okay, let's do another clip.
Speaker 4: I'll let me go ahead and get this. I'm gonna get this for him. Just do something nice.
Speaker 5: I'm all about doing something nice, man, So I'm gonna pay for that.
Speaker 4: I appreciate. Yeah, once you get a hot dog and a water that's good. Yeah, I'm gonna buy that ten ten sixty nine. Boom.
Speaker 5: There you goes your day you had, No, That's what I'm talking about, you know, just trying to do something nice.
Speaker 1: You know it is.
Speaker 4: And then let's see a twenty dollars scratcher. Where we got you got to marry Christmas. Merry Christmas to me. Let's do it. Oh ho ho, here we go.
Speaker 1: That one could be a winner because he didn't even address I didn't even address it. Job, good job, all right.
Speaker 4: Who knew a hot dog and water was ten bucks?
Speaker 1: Inflation? Man? Could just flation? Thanks Obama? All right, here we go, get us on more.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, excuse me, man, Can I knew something like there's something at the bottom of my kindness of my heart I want.
Speaker 4: To pay for hers?
Speaker 7: Is that okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's just something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's just like my heart's so big full of love and I just want to, you know, like pay for that for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 5: It's just you know, my heart was like bumping like, ah.
Speaker 4: Do something nice, do something nice, and so that's what I'm doing. I got it. You're welcome. Yeah, it's just my goodness.
Speaker 1: Of my heart.
Speaker 5: You know, sometimes your heart just tells you something to do something nice, and then you.
Speaker 4: Gotta do it. Oh, I like it, says win Big on there. I like that.
Speaker 1: Well, you didn't dress the karma. It was weird. You kept talking about how big your heart was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just tell them why I was doing it. It was my heart speaking to me.
Speaker 1: Do you have the tickets I got him?
Speaker 7: I see him?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you want to see him.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to pay you happy Hey, you whatever for the other half of that. No, that's good karma. Man, he's good.
Speaker 7: He's good.
Speaker 1: Just tell me what when you spent them? Happiness. We have all these tickets that we bought, hopefully with good karma.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great corner.
Speaker 1: Is it four twenty years four or baby for twenty? It's four twenty dollars tickets? Right, Yeah, So here's what we're gonna do. You. Oh, let me have one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one Merry Christmas, and I take one Merry Christmas and we'll play a song here and then what about the win Big and the Millionaire Jones?
Speaker 1: Just give you whichever one you want. We'll play this. We'll come back Bobby Bore. Wait wait wait wait, wait, okay now we're going all right, Bobby boo. So here's the deal. Lunchbox went to the store equipped with money and somebody would be paying for something. He's like, you know what, I just want to help you out. Let me pay for it. He paid for their groceries, but with the intention of hopefull hopefully getting some good karma, because then we bought these lottery tickets.
Speaker 2: But then he would say that he wasn't doing it.
Speaker 4: No, no, I did not.
Speaker 1: And one of them, you said, I'm doing it for karma.
Speaker 4: I said, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't know much you are. I think it's like fight club. You don't talk about it now.
Speaker 5: That I'm doing this for karma, not doing it, doing it for real kindness, okay what I said.
Speaker 1: So we had four twenty dollars scratchers, and we spent our time scratching, and I looked at the odds. The odds to win anything is one in two point eight two ooh, so we should have at least hit twenty bucks on one of these four. So Lunchbox on your merry Christmas tickett mine here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sure, oh I got that one right here. Yeah, I'll go first.
Speaker 1: My merry Christmas ticket, not marry zero dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh lunchbox Merry Christmas. O ho ho Hold on dollar.
Speaker 1: Okay, winning back to even on that ticket. Okay, Okay, okay, who's gonna fight? Okay, hold lot of twenty dollars? Good one, Okay, the next one? I have millionaire jumbo bucks. Oh I like that went up to a million dollar and you went up to twenty times. Match any of your numbers and the eight serial numbers prize shown Get jumbo so jumbo jumbo numbo. No I want nothing there we goes zero nothing.
Speaker 4: That means it's all up to me, everybuddy.
Speaker 1: Come on, take us home country road to the place with the long This is called win, big, win, BB. You're known for doing things.
Speaker 4: That's right. That's what she saw you do. Let's go.
Speaker 5: She does say it went up to one million, big buddy, you got to reveal this symbol and win cash instantly.
Speaker 4: Didn't get any of.
Speaker 1: Those no, simple, okay, but we're still in the mix.
Speaker 5: It didn't match any of your numbers and the winning number win the prize shown for that, get a money bag and win double that prize.
Speaker 4: Did a ten x symbol.
Speaker 5: He's playing with us ten times your money, A twenty x twenty times your money?
Speaker 2: Okay, what'd you get?
Speaker 7: Do you get anything we want?
Speaker 1: Oh? Do we win something? Oh yeah, no way, no way, that's what we do. That's what she said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we did.
Speaker 5: Okay, he said, we're big, we want big, we want it.
Speaker 1: Okay, forty total. Yeah, and you know what, this forty still has that karma attached.
Speaker 4: To it exactly, So I don't.
Speaker 5: Have to buy anything else where those people direct.
Speaker 1: I just have to know more good deeds. Just go and buy two more tickets for twenty bucks each. But is the fact that you guys are doing this with that purpose? It doesn't matter. As long as you're helping somebody, it doesn't matter. Oh if I run. That was the one ticket I.
Speaker 6: Brut because I think the reason you're doing something matters more than you just saying you're doing it like.
Speaker 4: Just win big.
Speaker 5: One was the clip where I told her I just something down the bottom of my heart.
Speaker 1: Okay, do that do that bit again? Okay, Okay, we're still in all we got. We just want to fight and chance chip in the chairs all we need. That's right, you only need one shot, that's it. One Mom spaghetti. So she said, we are going home, but thank you for listening. You can catch up on everything. Just search Bobby Bones Show on demand on iHeartRadio. Search Bobby Bones You on iTunes. You can listen to the whole thing. Listen to Bobby cast a show I do from my house. Just search that too, all that.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being here.
Speaker 1: We would not be able to pay our mortgages or eat our meals with that you listening, right, Amy, That's right. We appreciate you. Thank you. We'll see you.
Speaker 7: So Bones.
Speaker 1: The Bobby Bones Show theme song, written, produced and sang by read Yarberry. You can fight his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve executive producer, Raymundo, head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.