Speaker 1: Welcome to Couples Counseling with Chelsea hand Job. I'm here with my friends yah Yah and Sam. Okay Hi's but oh my god, guess we have a special tree. We created a new segment for the podcast and the air minisodes where we have different couples come on and we talk to you guys. We go through some of the things that I know are problems between the relationship because of the time that I've spent with them, and some other things that you guys provided us with which might be.
Speaker 2: You know, recurring problems.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, just this is We're with Sam and yah Yah finally in one room, and both of both Sam and yah Yah have been on the podcast separate, individually, and now they are sitting across from me with a bottle of patron Repisodo.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was supposed to be Don Julio, but anyway.
Speaker 3: I was kind of disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, at least I called for alcohol. I knew you were gonna want alcohol, you know. Okay, so girls, we're gonna start with my favorite topic. Sam fucking hates when I do this shit because I riled yah Ya up. And for the those of you who may have missed Yahya's episode. She's a fucking piece of work. Okay, you have to know her.
Speaker 2: You can hear her.
Speaker 1: Once you hear her talk for five minutes, you're gonna know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: But she is tricky.
Speaker 1: She is tricky, and she is all woman, and she is wearing the pants at the same time. And I mean, Sam, I'm wearing the pants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are.
Speaker 1: You're wearing wearing you know, Sam seems like she's wearing the pants. But really, through your psychodrama and the way you are, you are wearing the pants.
Speaker 3: Wow, thank you, Chelsea.
Speaker 2: Do you agree with that?
Speaker 3: I do? Yeah, I absolutely Do you agree with that?
Speaker 2: Yes, you're very manipulative. Well, I don't mean that in a negative sense.
Speaker 3: Well, how do I have am I supposed to take that?
Speaker 1: Manipulative is not the right that's not a good term. That's not the right word.
Speaker 3: She knows how to wield her power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, manipulative.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say you're manipulative at all, baby. I would just say you're aware of your.
Speaker 2: Feminine Yes, that's a great way to put it.
Speaker 4: Well, then in that case, think you're a manipulative too, because you are aware of.
Speaker 3: Your feminine whiles.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm as aware of my feminine wiles as you are. Mine's a different thing. Mine's more of a masculine energy. Yours is a very feminine energy. And I think that's good because that makes you like a real You're like very womanly.
Speaker 3: I would say, Okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like yeah, I mean I was looking at her titty, so I was like, oh, you.
Speaker 3: Too, I like that too.
Speaker 1: But one of my favorite parts of your relationship is that you guys have broken up and gotten back together so many times, because I think that's a sign of a real You're tried and true, you've run the gamut of time. And Sam doesn't like this subject matter because she's guilty of a lot of chainery bad things, right right, yeah, yeah, bad things, and they're past that part of their relationship. But I think it's always fun to go back and really you kind.
Speaker 3: Of to relieve the trauma.
Speaker 4: Cool, all right, let's go okay, well noble.
Speaker 1: But you you have to tell me your perspective of from that, like how it was. You don't have to get into details, but how you've grown and how your relationship has evolved from then. To now and like your trust level and your love level, all of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, would you like to start?
Speaker 2: Oh no, she doesn't. Ever, she doesn't even want to finish. She doesn't want to start or finish.
Speaker 4: I think that we had to we had to grow back trust. But there are different times where I've lost Marius trust as well, so I think it was a mutual thing, just at different times. Hers happened later on in our relationship, and mind happened in the beginning of our relationship. M hm.
Speaker 2: And did you learn your lessons so to speak, when you got caught?
Speaker 4: Oh no, because I didn't get caught because I'm smart, So I didn't do anything. We weren't together technically, in my what we weren't together technically weren't we were dating, We weren't in an exclusive relationship.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, I disagree, boy, okay.
Speaker 2: But well tell us your version of things.
Speaker 4: Five versus of the things is. I came to Atlanta, we said that we were going to be together. That's what we said. And then I left to go home under that understanding, And in two weeks you were dating somebody else and lying to me about it and hiding it. And I had to find out about it through a friend of ours.
Speaker 3: So I mean that's what happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but see it doesn't really that it kind of happened, but it didn't really happen that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, but no, respond to what she's saying, Well, my version is around, like Stevie Wonder, You're like, what, what's.
Speaker 3: My version is? We weren't together, like we were dating, but we weren't. But why when we said that.
Speaker 4: We were going to be there we were don't get But you can't agree to something and then go, well, the bitch a here. So what I agreed to doesn't matter, and I don't have to address what I agree to. I could just go on and do whatever the fuck I want and lie about it.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, we've already been down there broad see see look I've already apologized.
Speaker 3: We're past this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, we're just we're just revisiting trauma.
Speaker 4: We just gotta say what you did. It's not me saying it, like doesn't know what you.
Speaker 1: Did, yeah, because you know what you could say, yeah, y'all it's like, yeah, I'm totally guilty, and I.
Speaker 4: Said that I wasn't a good person in the beginning of our relationship. Okay, well, so not when we worked together, because that is that is skirting some of what you did. Okay, Sam, feels like we were together, and so we were together at that time. In my head, I don't feel like we was really together.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like that.
Speaker 4: But you know, I did probably tell her we were together.
Speaker 3: I can admit that.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, that's progress.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Now it's over forever, yes see?
Speaker 2: And how did you regain your trust for y'all? Y'all after that happened? Sam?
Speaker 1: Oh, she never did anything like that again.
Speaker 3: No, that's not true either. Oh my god, well it's not.
Speaker 2: Are you just finding out about this too? Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're a good therapist.
Speaker 4: You feel like after that that was the only time you ever did anything rock shady like on that level, or you do?
Speaker 2: You are?
Speaker 1: But that leaves yeah, yeah, even if you weren't up to something, it seems like you're up to something.
Speaker 3: But I'm not.
Speaker 1: I know you might not be, but it seems like you are. I'm not because you have that flirtatious way of going through life where you're like there's like a twinkle in your eye, like you've got a sequel.
Speaker 4: I'm just happy. Oh my gosh, that's just happiness. I don't know, and I don't intentionally flirt. I may just be like, hey, I don't flirt like that. Well, if you feel like you didn't ever do anything ever again.
Speaker 3: Not on that level.
Speaker 2: You were flirting with Daniel, Vanessa's boyfriend.
Speaker 3: And my god Daniel.
Speaker 2: She said I'm gonna fuck Daniel. I was kidding.
Speaker 3: I really was not gonna Daniel.
Speaker 4: I was just fucking with Vanessa to piss her off.
Speaker 3: But I flirt. I was playing. You said you were going to fuck Daniel too. I did.
Speaker 1: That would have been fun. That would have been really something that I would have liked to see. Okay, with this kind of relationship, you've managed to get through all of that ship right, You've circled back to each other how many times? To Mary's account, what was the longest time apart you spend when you broke up when you got married, Sam, But.
Speaker 3: I think, yes, that's the longest time.
Speaker 4: Well no, because I can we weren't together before that, see, so see, and that's what I feel like.
Speaker 3: I feel like we was together. You was just tripping.
Speaker 4: We were together before I got married. In my head when I called you and said.
Speaker 3: Be with me and you said no. But in my head we knew it was always it was not together.
Speaker 4: I formerly said, hey, I'm tired of playing games and I just want to be with you, and you said, I'm still having my fun.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 2: I've definitely heard this version before, so it must be true.
Speaker 4: So then we weren't together, but we knew that we had an understanding that we was going to be together.
Speaker 3: Oh we did, Yes, we did. I did not have that black date do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But it sounds like you had an understanding with yourself, and I feel like you probably do that a lot. You have had a whole conversation with yourself and you're like, this is what's going to happen. Oh, I have an update for you that reminds me of asking people to leave saying thank you.
Speaker 2: Remember how we.
Speaker 1: Were practicing how to get people out of your house at a dinner party, and whose idea was it?
Speaker 2: Was?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Yours?
Speaker 1: To stand up and say, well that was oh no, we were telling you tell me to do it. It was fortune right. She was like, yes, well did you do it?
Speaker 3: You tried it.
Speaker 1: I have done it a couple of times and what happened they got to be left, I mean, but I'm it's pretty clear what I mean anyway. It's not like I had to work on that, like telling people it's a wrap for the night.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've had to do that since we got back. I don't think I've had.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 1: We haven't had a dinner party, all right, because you're too busy buying new furniture.
Speaker 2: I mean that.
Speaker 4: And also we've just been busy, so I just haven't had time, like to plan it out.
Speaker 3: And cook and stuff and invite people to have people over.
Speaker 1: That's actually a good thing to discussed because you both have different, very different viewpoints about having company over, which I'll break down for you what happens. Sam has friends over comics probably, and then they stay over till like two, three, six in the morning, and yeah, yeah, and then Sam goes to the comedy seller or whatever comedy club to run her set and.
Speaker 4: Leave me with the company that I do not want to entertain anymore. But I don't leave you. I told them I'm the one who said that's a wrap. I tell people is done. No, she just gets up and be like, all right, y'all, I got a show and it's like, oh oh, I'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, all right, y'all, I got a show like this is done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but people are still drinking and you but you keep feeding them and giving them drinks. You don't go because I think it's rude to be like, get up and get the fuck out. Well, then that's why they I think that's rude because see, I'm from the South. I have Southern hospitality, unlike some people, I don't know that there's Southern hospitality. I think that you don't want to perceived a certain way, so you do things that work against what you actually want, Whereas I don't care about how I'm perceived because I know who I am, so it doesn't really matter to me.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 4: Do I do things that make sense for me, and I don't put myself in precarious situations that I don't want to be in. That sounded like a deg it did? It did sound like a dig again. I don't think you're a good therapist. I think you're doing worse work.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think I'm no.
Speaker 1: I think when you leave here, you're going to be closer because you survived it together.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I look at it that.
Speaker 4: It's not a dig, like I'm just saying you said I know who I am, so I'm saying I think you know who you are too, But I don't think you assert that I'm saying I know who I am. So I know I'm not rude. I know I'm not this to people. But if it's time for this to be over, it's time to be over. And if your perception of that is, oh, Sam is rude, that's on you.
Speaker 3: That really has nothing to do with me.
Speaker 4: But I'm not going to have you just sitting around my house when I don't want you there, so that you don't think something.
Speaker 3: No, it's not that I just don't have them sitting there.
Speaker 4: It's just like I just don't want to be rude and.
Speaker 1: Be like it is hard to say to someone and get out like having a good time it's not right. I mean, yeah, exactly if you're having a good time. But it's also really like it I wish I was more like Sam, like you would think I am, but I'm not. It's like it's hard for me to like not want to hurt because I feel like I'm like, oh, they're gonna think I don't want to hang like I always think I have to hang out. I have to hang out even when I don't want to fucking hang out. I want to go home so I can relate to why. It's hard to say, but it is better to just not give a fuck.
Speaker 4: That's hard to do too, but I'm gonna try it. I'm going to try that way Fortune told us to do.
Speaker 1: And just well, Fortune was like almost like someone impersonating a person trying to teach us how to say goodbye. Remember it's very mister Rogers. Yeah, it's like and now you're gonna say, stand up and puff your chance out.
Speaker 2: And say, okay, well that was a good night.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 2: But I learned.
Speaker 4: I learned a lot, and you learned a lot apparently because it worked when you tried it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did. And I'm in between the two of you.
Speaker 1: I usually, you know, I don't give a fuck about a lot, but I don't like to hurt people's feelings when they're hanging out with me. And it's really fucking annoying because you know, as a comic, you sometimes you feel like you have to fucking be funny, and I'm like, yeah, I want to smoke a joint and walk down the street and like last night, my friend was like, let's I'll walk you home from dinner. I'm like, please, don't like, I just want to fucking walk down the street listening to my music and not talking to a single person.
Speaker 3: That's okay, Yeah, he's not wrong with that. Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for listening to this Week with Sam and Yah Yah.
Speaker 1: You can check out Sam Jay who is on tour now in cities all over the country and she's fucking funny. If you haven't seen her on The Roast or on her own special, then go watch both of those her specials on HBO Max now known as Max And then you can follow Yah Yah at Vanity dot Vixen on Instagram and TikTok and it is worth the follow because she's up to some well shenanigans.
Speaker 2: I mean, you'll understand what I'm talking about.