Speaker 1: That choke, when the rents passed you in the carball Star, when the only sponsors my broken hard We're hanging on this shanky stream.
Speaker 2: Two weird voices in the glow of a streams the worm who say to let it laugh.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to a rewind edition of Laffman Podcast with Jeremy Odoman.
Speaker 4: I'm your Jeremy stares.
Speaker 1: At the stats, hand shaken over takeout boxes.
Speaker 2: Johnny's already mapping hotels on a napkin with crazy crosses.
Speaker 1: They quit jobs a kind, tell their bosses.
Speaker 3: Catch the show.
Speaker 1: Boss just shrugs, Oh, it's funny.
Speaker 4: Johnny grants you'll never die.
Speaker 3: It's jo and I just saw this is This is gonna be one of those rewinds where I'm gonna give you one of one of our one of our best from vault. You may or may not have heard my pitch, my audition to be a host of a jingle ball, My Heart's jingle Ball coming up this winter.
Speaker 4: I just saw the iHeart post.
Speaker 3: You know, they're looking for brand sponsors and whatnot. Hey, do you think you'd be a good fit for the Heart jingle Ball? And it got me thinking I haven't received my invite or contract quite yet to host this bad boy. So time is of the essence, everybody, hit is time to get on track, and let me tell you a few reasons why I am the perfect fit to host a jingle ball this winter. No, Johnny, No that's not nope. None of those nothing I say here's going to be a joke. This is real, Okay, these are real reasons why I should be the host of a jingle ball coming up here this winter. For my Heart, Johnny, I'm gonna need you.
Speaker 4: To stay focused here, okay.
Speaker 3: And of course we're gonna run back the rewind of my audition to be a host for jingle ball that we put together last year.
Speaker 4: But before we do a few things.
Speaker 3: Just everybody's listening at iHeart that's maybe thinking why Jo, Why would he be a good fit for this.
Speaker 4: Type of event?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, I would bring a mix of stand up instinct, my podcast experience, and audience interaction that fits the fast paced live music event like an iHeartRadio jingle ball. Okay, There's gonna be multiple artists across many genres. There's gonna be celebrity appearances and quick transitions between performances. We've got to keep this show moving, right. There's a lot of moving parts, and I feel like.
Speaker 4: I was built for something like that. Okay, I can.
Speaker 3: I can keep the attention of folks for a couple of minutes in between while we transition. Okay, I can adapt at the drop of a dime and interact with, uh, you know, whoever.
Speaker 4: I need to.
Speaker 3: I'm a experienced live entertainer. First of all, everybody knows about my standup periods. Okay, I get a little bit here and there, but I know how to energize the crowd. Okay, keep the momentum going, and if I need to recover, I'll do so effortlessly. There's gonna be unexpected moments, and in fact, those are the ones I'm looking forward to the most. Those unexpected moments, that's where I earn my money. Okay, that's where I earn the job. And I'm prepared, guys, to be quick on my feet, to be a natural interviewer to whoever I need to talk to, which we know there's gonna be quite a bit in fact in my audition that you're gonna hear a little bit. I kind of explain how I can adapt to different scenarios, different artists. Okay, I'll give you family friendly.
Speaker 4: This show Laugh with Me.
Speaker 3: Has been called a very family friendly show. Now, do I bring an edge sometimes or do some of my guests? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Because we can.
Speaker 3: We can hit it all, baby, we can go from one side to the next. That's kind of what makes Laugh with Me a little unique. But here's the other thing. I'm a genuine music fan, Okay, have it from the get I came up my radio experience came up an alternative radio, okay, before going to pop. I love music. I love talking to musicians. I love being around musicians. Okay, if you want me to introduce your band, your artists on stage at a iHeart jingle ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm your guy.
Speaker 3: I am your guy, and I'll bring the high energy.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: My personality can adapt to the situation.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: If I need to be at all at a high level, I'll be at a high LEVELF I need to bring it down a little bit, I'll bring it down a little bit. That's the thing. I understand what it takes. The proof is in the pudding. This podcast audience has been building. Growing Laugh with Me has required connecting with all of you, all the listeners week after week, demonstrating consistency and understanding how to engage with you. That right there. If that doesn't tell you I should be hosting a damn jingle ball, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what else I could do. I'm comfortable on camera, I'm comfortable on stage, and I'll bring my relatable Midwest charm. Okay, what we have here laugh with Me is very brand friendly. I have a brand friendly personality and my show is very brand friendly. And we are going to bring a balance of comedy and professionalism to the iHeart Radio jingle Ball. Now, if I haven't if this elevator pitch didn't sell you, if this wasn't enough to say, yeah, jay O needs to host one of these bad boys in an arena, well, then I'm sure.
Speaker 4: This audition will do the job. The ladies and gentlemen, this is a laugh with me.
Speaker 3: Rewind why I should host the iHeartRadio jingle Ball. One of my favorite things about iHeart is this the jingle Ball that they do every December. They take a collection of some of the biggest pop stars and rock stars in the world and they bring them to you all in one monster show just for the holidays.
Speaker 4: I think it's the coolest thing.
Speaker 3: I also now that kind of have an inn and in slightly with iHeart, I'm pitching myself as the host of one of these jingle balls for twenty twenty six. Now, Johnny, it's not gona be easy.
Speaker 4: It's not gona be easy at all.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of work to do in twenty six in order to accomplish this goal. But I'm working on it. For those of you that don't know, and you're just you're a crazy person. You know what jingle ball is is basically, it's the in the biggest markets in the United States and the biggest radio market media markets the United States, they host these big shows, right, So we're talking at Miami, Florida. We're talking Atlanta, Georgia, Washington, d C, Philadelphia, LA, Boston, New York, Chicago, Detroit. I mean, the biggest cities in the United States. And then you know, the local iHeartRadio station hosts.
Speaker 4: The big jingle ball huge artists.
Speaker 3: We're talking jelly Roll Shine down, AJR, Alex Warren, Ed Sheeran is doing the one in Boston here coming up. MGK, my guy, I got them double exus on my wrist. Huge shows, okay, huge shows. I'd like to All I want to do is host. I'm not asking to perform all though. With that being said, I have prepared some jokes.
Speaker 4: I think it would be.
Speaker 3: Awesome to have a host that comes out, you know, kind of feeling it out, similar to like an award show, and let's just keep it moving, but then keep it like hearted, keep the have some little boom boom boom will one liners in between.
Speaker 4: So Johnny fits cool you.
Speaker 3: I would like to try out some of the material that I have here.
Speaker 4: That I think is a sample of what I could do.
Speaker 3: What I would say when I host jingle Ball in twenty twenty six. Because I'm serious about this, I'm not saying, you know, bring the jingle Ball to Omaha where I'm at. I'll go to you, Okay, I'll go to you and we'll do we'll do the big jingle.
Speaker 4: Ball and I'll just maybe host one.
Speaker 3: Okay. So here's all right, Johnny, So I'm getting it. Let's imagine a big arena. Okay, we're at the uh. Let's let's pretend we're going Atlanta right now. Okay, they brought me out I'm host this big show. We got Little John and friends. Nellie's gonna be here. Okay, We're at the Capitol one State Farm Arena or something. Okay, let's see if let's see what I can do's this.
Speaker 4: Is gonna be the crowd, Okay, Johnny, please, yeah, thank you. Welcome to Jago Ball, the only holiday event.
Speaker 3: Where the outfits get smaller as the temperature drops. Thank you, Johnny. Well, gee, we'll need you there too. We'll do what We'll need you there too to help me out with some of this stuff. I saw performer backstage wearing something that legally qualified as dental flaws. If you you're listening at home, Yes, the crowd looks incredible tonight. Everyone's dressed festive like they're ready for Christmas. We're trawling really hard to make their extra jealous on Instagram. So that's what I'm saying, Johnny, I got these jokes. I think it would just be funny I come out, I just you know, give a few of these uh one liners, and you know, and that could be you know that that'd be me coming out right before Nelly. Okay, and now he's gonna like he's gonna open and then uh, you know, Little John, Little John and Friends is coming up.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know, coming up just a little bit.
Speaker 3: But first, you know, Santa's got his nice list and his naughty list. I'm on the We're gonna circle back on that list. You know, Santa shows up tonight, don't freak out.
Speaker 4: He's just here for the influencers.
Speaker 3: I asked Santa for a six pack this year.
Speaker 4: He delivered.
Speaker 3: It's not the kind you drink responsibly. See That's what I'm saying. Then let's get the crowd going. Yeah, man, this crowd is electric and slightly drunk, which honestly is the ideal Christmas ratio. I smell peppermint coco in a third cent. I'll politely label somebody pre gamed in the parking.
Speaker 4: Lot, you know, and then we'll bring out a Little John. I'll be fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, when you ever you're in Atlanta, you know you got to have Jermaine Dupre and his friends as well. So before I bring out your mane, you know, let's uh, you know, let's make some noise, not too much, though security is already looking at us like someone heroes child support. Now I didn't mean that about you, Jermaine. That was not a shot at Jermaine. I just want to know that I don't want to get in trouble at the jingle Ball.
Speaker 4: Give it up one more time.
Speaker 3: People My watch buzz to check if I'm doing cardio or experiencing fear.
Speaker 4: I would be quite scared.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, Mariah Carey hasn't fully thowed yet, but she sends her regards or at least a high note that cracked a satellite.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Mariah is not on this year's jingle Ball. If she is on next year's, I'm probably gonna have to.
Speaker 4: Throw that joke away.
Speaker 3: These performers look incredible, the kind of incredible that makes me rethink everything I eat after nine PM, which lately has been a lot of chocolate. I've been eating like leftover Halloween candy. I'm about through it, so that's I have truly been gaining weight from probably my snacking. That or the pregnant zone. I'm on that That steroid always does it to me. That one I just made up on the spot here. I did not pre write that joke.
Speaker 4: Don't even think I'm good.
Speaker 3: That was just life.
Speaker 4: That one.
Speaker 3: That one's for you, that one was just life hosting jingle balls wild. One minute, I'm hyping up the crowd, the next I'm dodging a stage manager who moves like he's powered by pure espresso and resentment. If you were at crash backstage, don't worry. That's just me knocking over a prop worth more than my car, especially if I don't get those tires soon. What's that car worth with no wheels? Baby?
Speaker 4: Thanks Johnny.
Speaker 3: That was just real life as well.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: Then you know, then you always you always got to send them on happy right, you know, drive safe, be kind, tipwell, and if you can't do all three, at least lie confidently about two happy holidays. I remember that tonight gets blurry.
Speaker 4: That's not the.
Speaker 3: Lights, that's the choices. I'm telling you what. If you're listening, I know you are. We've gotta give me on this jingle ball Next year, I'm available, but I'd prefer to book it early, just so that I can kind of manage, you know, manage my manage my week a little easier.
Speaker 5: So from Chicago, this is film Spotting. I'm Adam Kempinar and I'm Josh Larson. I went to Larson on film dot com. Two stars for Josh Larson has the stale, stifling air of a hospital waiting room.
Speaker 4: Yikes, any ideas yet.
Speaker 6: Man, sounds like I was having a bad day. I can tell you that.
Speaker 5: That was from our Top twenty five Films of the Century show in twenty twenty five, my number five film of the twenty first century. You still don't know what it is, do you?
Speaker 6: I just don't want to guess incorrectly.
Speaker 5: Film Spotting in depth reviews of films, new and old, top five lists, movie marathons, and the occasional actor or director interview with a show archive that goes all the way back to two thousand and five.
Speaker 6: Listen to film Spotting on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes every Friday. More about the show at film spotting dot net.
Speaker 5: Never let me go, Josh number.
Speaker 4: Five, Not today today.
Speaker 3: I uh, you know, rolled up to the old hospital as one does, having uh, having some blood taken, having it checked out a little bit. See how the iron's sitting, And you might be saying, Man, Jo sounds like he's got that pep in his step.
Speaker 4: He must be full of iron.
Speaker 3: He must be rocking. And rolling right now that new med meds he's on working. No, not necessarily see what happened is is I Uh, I was like, I went to have it checked because I am, in fact, probably pretty low.
Speaker 4: And all the needed things to keep going.
Speaker 3: But as I'm at the desk, you know, talking to the I don't even know what the reception whoever it is doing the check in, you know, anymore. To verify who you are, they need your name, they need your birthday, sometimes they need your home address. But in this particular situation, she asked for my birthday.
Speaker 4: So I give her my birthday and she.
Speaker 3: Loudly goes, no way. And I thought, hey, we have the same birthday or something. And I'm like, well, hey, your birthdays in June and she's like, no, there is no way that you were that old.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what are you talking about? And she's like, you do not look like you were that old.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, hey, I'm gonna take this win because I don't get that very often anymore.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: I do believe my age is in fact catching up to me, and uh, I don't get that. I used to get that a lot, okay, especially in my thirties my thirties. I got it a lot where people thought I was in my twenties sometimes even younger, you know, getting id left and right just boom boom boom. But you know anymore, you know, I don't really get you so much of that at all.
Speaker 4: Got it today, though. Take that as a win. Always take that as a win. That's what they said.
Speaker 3: Like with the having red hair, they always said when I was younger, They're like, you're gonna you're gonna get that a lot when you're older. You people are gonna say, oh, you look so young. It's just it's in the jeans and something about the red headed jeans. I don't know. I don't know if that's the case or not. But whatever else I've got going on, I know is helping speed everything up to catch up so we are in fact getting there.
Speaker 4: I don't Maybe it's the beard. I don't know. You know, this is gonna be a warm winter for your boy.
Speaker 3: I started growing out my facial hair. I got a beard going. I've never been more warm outside. And it's cold, okay, it's like ten ten degrees or less in the mornings. I think this afternoon. It was maybe in the twenties, but I'll tell you what my face warm. So first winter ever, I got the beard going, and I'm wondering, should I have been doing this all long? I don't know, but take that as a win.
Speaker 4: It could be.
Speaker 3: It could very well be the beard covering up my old man face. I think that's what it was, because I don't have the gray or the white or whatever. Maybe today, because I don't know always, maybe today I had that life in my eyes and she was just like, man, that guy's young. And then you know, I spit out my age. It verified in the computer and she's like, no way, we're gonna give credit to the beard on this one. But as life does, whenever you've got some some monster wins like this, it tends to humble you. And that's what happened not long after that, because I'm waiting for tires. See I had an appointment today one thirty to get all new tires on my car. My car desperately need tires. One blue I talked about a couple weeks ago, one blue. So I'm getting all these new tires one thirty appointment today, But I apparently not all the tires were delivered. I you know, they said four tires, two of them have been delivered. Then there was some talk of maybe we had three, so maybe they had a rando around. I don't know, but either way, we're waiting on two tires to be delivered for sure. And did you know tires they don't come rolling in on a truck, right, They get like delivered fed X or something. At least at this place they did. Because they're waiting on a fat X delivery. I thought that was random. You think they would just get like a truck that rolls up and just drops off all their tires for him for the week or.
Speaker 4: Something, a couple times a week.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but yeah. So so anyways, I'm waiting because they they were like, hey, it's fed Ex truck.
Speaker 4: I'm waiting on the fedext here.
Speaker 3: Any minute, any minute. Spoiler, I still don't have my tires. But as I'm waiting, I'm like, oh, cool, I'll go walk around like Target or something, you know. So I'm walking around Target, and here's where life humbles you. I'm in the back of the store, having the time of my life, just looking at stuff, just look at it stuff. And uh, I had this instant urge that I was going to ship myself, and this is not something that always happens. I think that's the one of the biggest make misconceptions with somebody who has like Chrome's disease or colitis, is that you're just constantly shitting yourself. This is that's not true at all. Now, with that being said, does it do you have that urge? Do you feel like instant immediate, like it's going down. Sometimes yes, And I know some people have a far worse than me, so I'm very thankful for that. I'm gonna continue to fight the good fight and hope that I can get into remission and not have to deal with it to a deeper, deeper.
Speaker 4: Into the chromes world.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, sometimes yes, the urge hits, and it's not like, oh, I'm gonna hold it until I know.
Speaker 4: It's like.
Speaker 3: I was dodging people in aisles because I was it was like one of those things where every step you take like a fart, like it just they just start flying out. And I was at a point where I knew if I didn't get to the bathroom now, it was gonna be worse than these little farts. So it's like I didn't want to be embarrassed by ripping farts by all these people. But then at the same time, it would be worse. It could get far worse. So what did I do, Johnny? I went straight up to the bathroom. But here's what I did anticipate. There was a guy in the back of the store with these two kids in his cart, and he's just he's on his phone, he's ran and raven to his girl that he's having to keep the kids, you know, entertained while she's doing whatever is she doing. And so I just thought it was funny. I'm like, oh, this guy is poor guy.
Speaker 4: He's dealing with his kids.
Speaker 3: And then I get up to the front because I'm gonna shit myself. And who is rolling into the bathroom with all his kids?
Speaker 4: That guy.
Speaker 3: So now I'm coming in behind him with urgency. He goes into the last available stall. So part of me is like, well, that sucks, because I don't know if I'm gonna be able to.
Speaker 4: Like wait this one out.
Speaker 3: But then the other part of me is like, I may have dodged a bullet because if I had gotten in there right before him, and I'm in there, and then then I have to listen to him, you know, ranting and raven in the echoes of the restroom at Target that he can't use the I don't even know who had to go? Was it him, was the kids? I don't care. I didn't stick around to find out. But what I do know is I had I had to keep moving, So I did a lap around the front end there of the store of the registers. US in the business, US in the industry, grocery industry, we call that front end there with the regis, we call it the front end. I don't know what the new normies call it, but those of us in the business, we call it the front end. I did. I did a quick lap around the registers there on the front end, and then I still didn't see anybody coming out of the bathroom. So then I do another lap, but this time I went I went over by the baseball cards because they there's supposed to be this new you know, not new series, but this series that I really enjoy us supposed to be coming out here this week for twenty twenty five, and I was like, oh cool, we Target.
Speaker 6: Maybe we would.
Speaker 3: Have have the new packs, but no, they did not, So I roll back over and I see the guy with his kids putting their coats on, so they are out of the restaurant now, so I roll in there. Oddly enough, whole place empty. I had the whole place to myself.
Speaker 1: That was nice.
Speaker 3: But as soon as I closed the stall door, then somebody comes into the to the stall, but the to the urinal, but the urinals right, and I took the first stall hand up.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't have done that. I should have taken the one.
Speaker 3: In the back or something, but I don't want to be a jerk and take the handicap one, which happened to be in the back, which I find interesting because why would the handicap stall be the last stall, whereas in the parking lot it's always gotta be one of them front stalls. And how close are we to, you know, having to have some kind of like idea or something to be able to use those handicap stalls, much like the parking.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that we should, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just speaking out loud, just thinking now, something's never even occurred to me until just right this moment. I usually don't even think too much about handicapped stalls, but for whatever reason, I'm on one now. So anyway, So then when you're when you're in a position where like this, you have to try to time it because there's no there's no music in there, there's nothing. It's just silence. It's just the echoes of a target restaurant. The guy in the urinal directly next to me.
Speaker 4: I'm in the stall.
Speaker 3: I have to wait till the flush before I can start any action because otherwise it's it's a whole thing. I mean, it's not like this guy's like, Oh, I wonder what that guy's doing there. He knows what I'm doing in there, So I mean, I guess I'm not surprising anybody. But either way, So, yeah, life comes at you fast. One minute, you're man, you look fantastic for your age. Look at this guy, there's no way you're in your early forties, there's no chance. Look at this guy with the beard and everything. And then next minting you're about to shit yourself and you're trying to hold it in so that you don't get heard. Johnny, how'd your day go.
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: It's so good?
Speaker 1: When the rents passed you in the carball Star.
Speaker 2: When the only spuzzlers I broken hardware, hanging on this shanky stream, two weird voices in the glow.
Speaker 5: Of a stream.
Speaker 4: The world was to let it laugh.