Speaker 1: All media.
Speaker 2: There are things that are said to you or said around you that I think sometimes are not purposefully coded, because if you grew up in it, you just you know what this person is saying. Other things are purposefully coded, but they are clues as to what's being truly communicated to you. And I know you know, as you guys entered pop culture and especially interface with like street culture, black culture, you may hear somebody say what I love you know.
Speaker 1: You think it's cute to just say stuff like, you know.
Speaker 2: We bicking back being bool, Oh that's brazy, you know, saying a bee instead of a C for crazy, But all that means something. They have origins and you may not know what you're actually communicating here. You may notice that artists like yg you know, whenever you reading the word crazy, it's with a K, you know, and you heard you heard Kendrick say many times brazy. There are reasons for that, and the listener almost on some like he who has ears to hear, let the hearer hear.
Speaker 1: You feel me.
Speaker 2: In other words, there's what's being said and there's what's being communicated. Or if you've if you have any relationship with the significant other you understand the difference.
Speaker 1: There's what you said and there's what was heard, what.
Speaker 2: Was communicated, the difference somebody introduced you as they cause, you know what I'm saying, what's up?
Speaker 1: Cause?
Speaker 2: Or YO this my cousin, or YO this my relly? What's our relative?
Speaker 1: What else? Can folk?
Speaker 2: I personally oftentimes use cause can folk really really interchangeably? Because I'm not an active gang member? You know what I'm saying. I just grew up in a certain part of town, and I understand and respect the people for which I might be speaking to. I understand if I were too, you know, in some strange twist of events happened to meet YG, I would say, oh what out can't folk like? I would introduce myself like that. You know what I'm saying, like, oh, without can't fuck prop? You know, just I'm being respectful. You may not think that, but I know I'm being respectful. Words matter, and even words that seem interchangeable matter. Let's go ahead and talk about not a ceasefire, but a humanitarian pause hood politics, y'all. Ah man, I'm actually I was very surprised that there was enough of these goings on to actually record a full episode of this. You see people all over the streets screaming for a ceasefire, but you see our president talking about a humanitarian pause, and you see, oh, Benny, who is like with the shits talk about I ain't no ceasefire, but I'm cool with a humanitarian pause. Irby, are we not saying the same thing, Nigga? Like what the what are you talking? I'm just saying, like, stop shooting. It's people like that. Okay, tomato tomato. Now it ain't tomato tomato. We're gonna get into it today. And I'm positive you knew it wasn't tomato tomato. You knew there was a reason for this, and the same reason I would introduce myself to YG. I'd be like, what'sall, hommy? What else can folk? I would say something like that to him. And there's other things I wouldn't say, like with us line what out five? I wouldn't say that to him because it would communicate something about myself that's actually not true other than just being respectful to him. I know I'm getting into weeds here, but if you're from here, you grew up around this, you get it. But let me make it a little more open and palatable to the rest of our audience. When I first started touring, like touring hard, hitting the road pretty hard. The DJ I mostly toured with was my man Effect though you know, rest in Peace from Long Beach, Filipino. Dude, he was an Enneagram nine, but uh it was just such a such a wonderful, wonderful guy pass away in twenty eighteen. But before I was hitting the roll hard with Effect, I was hitting a row hard with my man, DJ Promote, who now lives in Korea Town and we run Club real Ones every First Sunday. Pull up on me if you out here Long Beach, California. Actually, dude, it's a destination. Come pull up on us every First Sunday day party three pm, seven pm, Long Beach, California.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we would get these gigs, and some of these gigs would be and if you know my history, you know I had a soiree into the sort of church music world world as a hip hop spoken word artists. I've always kind of bounced between both of those art forms and also both of these worlds, you know of sort of religious space for music. But also you know, I was open for day last soul. I was out on the road, y'all know me, Like, you know, I just love hip hop. I go where hip hop is. Anyway, we will be at these events and we'll be working on a set and I'd be like, all right, you know, hey, so so like what songs you want to do? You know, and I'm talking to promo like I will probably do like, you know, maybe this poem, this poem, crowd scene, how is that crowd seeing or they seem like you know, they high school in college.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's do this.
Speaker 2: Then I would ask the person that brought me out, like, hey, what do you guys like?
Speaker 1: So what were you guys thinking? Like what are you guys expecting?
Speaker 2: Like do you like, you know, you feel like you want something a little more poetic, kind of stripped down. You want them to jump, you want to bounce, you want to throw your party? Like you what are you looking for? And they would say, oh, you know this, We just want you to like, you know, do you like, you know, do what you feel, do what you think the Lord is telling you to do, you know, and you know, do what you feel. We just want you to feel free. We love your poetry. You do what you feel like you want us to do. And I'll be like, all right, dope, okay, so I'm thinking we'll do this song and this song you know, and.
Speaker 1: They'll be like, oh, yeah, no, we like that.
Speaker 2: We really love your poetry, you know, but yeah, yeah, you guys work it out. And I'm like, all right, you know this be like down South or something, you know, and promote my man.
Speaker 1: But he from the South, so promote grew up in Texas.
Speaker 2: You would never guess, but he grew up in Texas and like nowhere Isville, Texas. And he was like, they want you to do poetry. And I was like, what he just said for me to do what I feel? And he's like, he said for you to do poetry. And I'm like, what I don't like? He said he liked the poetry, so let's do some pots. He's like, no, no, you don't understand. He's telling you to do a poetry. Said you don't speak Southern, and I was like, no, I don't as you talking. He was like, bro, like when he says he really loves your poetry, I was like oh. And then it started happening more and more and I started seeing it.
Speaker 1: I was like Oh that's what you mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you won't say what you mean, You'll just infer it. I'm from the coast. I say what I mean, like, if you wanted poetry, like.
Speaker 1: I just I'm asking. I'm like, I asked you the question, like if it was if I was just gonna.
Speaker 2: Do me, I wouldn't have asked you. But I asked you, like, what did you desire? You said, do me, and you suggested that you liked my poetry, So that meant I should consider that in my decision making process.
Speaker 1: But it's my decision. Promotes like he's.
Speaker 2: Requesting poetry, and I was like, all right, well let's do a poetry, said.
Speaker 1: I just then I'll know what I flew you out for.
Speaker 2: If I'm just gonna do some spoken word, I don't need a DJ like. I wish he would have told me this before I bought all these flights. So Promote was telling me that words were being communicated at another level that I just didn't understand. But if I spoke that culture, I would have understood, because according to Promote, what he's teaching me is it would have been rude to just tell you what to do.
Speaker 1: That would have been offensive.
Speaker 2: Even though I asked, you know, and in my mind, I'm like, well, you just I mean, it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: You just you're still just telling me what you want me to do. But it's not the same.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna go back to these, uh, you know, more street examples. Now, keep in mind, even going to these street examples, this stuff can vary by region, by age group.
Speaker 1: You probably got fuck in your family that would be like, this is not at all like that. It maybe you know what I'm saying. I'm speaking on my own experience right.
Speaker 2: Now. In a lot of ways, gang banging has evolved in that, at least when you're out here, you're not so much looking at colors or even language spoken, although sometimes that's a big clue.
Speaker 1: You're looking for.
Speaker 2: Sports teams or colleges on the hats that will tell you who you're.
Speaker 1: Actually dealing with.
Speaker 2: You know, you would you would think it funny to see a whole group of fans of the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team out here. But that's there's a reason for that. Yeah you don't. You don't want to be no Pirates fan out here that matters. North Carolina tar Heels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to. You don't want to be a Tar Heels fan out here.
Speaker 2: These things they're they're commune, municating like sets, they're communicating gangs. And a lot of that was due to the fact that colors were too easy, not only for y'all out but for the police. You know, it was too easy to figure out who was, you know, involved in what. So there's this just network of rules that I'm so old now that I would be like dog, I needed somebody, need to hand me a rubric.
Speaker 1: So just you're pretty safe, you're where.
Speaker 2: If you're pretty safe, you're if you're in LA and you were in a Lakers jersey, it's pretty it's.
Speaker 1: Fine because everybody loves the Lakers, you know.
Speaker 2: But a Dodgers or a Dodgers fitted you know, Yankees fitted Angels fitted cap that actually means something too, I know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Look, on the other hand, if you're just you know, writer and Tyler and Skyler, I don't know why y'all all rhyme and you're just you're on your guys trip. You know, you're from Indiana. You're on your guys trip, just like visiting you know, major league stadiums, just for your own you're fine. Where the team mute? You clearly not involved in this life. Don't don't be scared, like it's fine. Okay, this isn't the movies. You know, you're not gonna listen. You're fine. You go, you get off at Lax, you know, you go see the man Chinese Theater. Go get your hot dog, you know, go cruise Melrose, go to Dodger Stadium, go see you know, Chefez Ravine and just enjoy yourself. Okay, go to Disneyland, you know, rep your favorite you know, sooner, You're fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it's that's not what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, so like, don't don't sensationalize what I mean here, Go to Venice Beach. You know, be a Boston Red Sox fan. It's fine, all right, just don't be a Boston Celtics fan. But anyway, the brazy stuff, oh you know what I'm saying, Like oh that you know, using k's instead of sees traditionally, that comes from you know, kind of blood tradition. A lot of this stuff is like oh niggas, Like, oh, niggas still do this shit, you know what I'm saying. And remember I'm I'm including myself in that. So rather than say like you always hear me all the time, like say what else? Cause like cousin is short for cousin, But it's also communicating that I grew up around cryps. So if I were to meet YG, I would say ken folk. One it starts with a K, and two it's just respectful. I know that he's not a cryp. I know a part of town. I would be like, what I really like? That's me respecting his space, you know. So I'm going to use a term that is cause I'm trying to be respectful. I'm not trying to bang on him, right. But like I said, if I'd have been like what else? Line what a five? Like, those are phrases that would communicate that I am also an active blood and I am not same thing if I would have met if I were to meet a crib, I wouldn't call them low because that's again communicating that I.
Speaker 1: Am in the trenches.
Speaker 2: I'm in the field with him, and I'm not fam I'll hear them Latino hoods.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: If I were to be like you know Thresse or or fourteen Thresa or Guadorce, like you're talking Nathaniel and Sodenio like which is like northern or Southerner, which is more how their sort of situation kind of plays out. Obviously, I'm not a cholo, you know what I'm saying, Like, I ain't no vatho. I just grew up over here, and I know how to speak respectfully to them. I understand that that is y'all's war.
Speaker 1: I would I.
Speaker 2: Would not mean any harm. I'm just from the Sword. I'm just from southern California. So did I say, because I'm just from this part of town. If I were to meet someone from the north, I would respect the fact that you know, they from the north.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: Fourteen You know what I'm saying now? What those numbers mean? I can't tell you. And even if I knew, I wouldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just know that's what they called each other. The point is I understand that they communicate things. It's hoods out here that are all called something thirteen Florence thirteen. You heard that, you know, with your threats, say like these are hoods out here, these these thirteens mean something.
Speaker 1: They mean southern California.
Speaker 2: It would be disrespectful for me to address a person basically, it's like you're miss you know, you're misgendering a person like yo. That's that's disrespectful. Even if you no matter. Look, I don't care where you fall on the pronouns. It's just if somebody asked you to call them something, call them something, that's right. It's you just being courteous, you being respectful. I understand these words mean something to you, and if they mean something to you, they mean something to me. Now when the stakes are high enough to where we might be talking violence or.
Speaker 1: All out war, that shit matters. Now let's talk about Israel Hamas.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now you've gotten to peak up as to what it would be like if you you know, what's trying to communicate while outside you feel me. Let's take it there to this conflict we were experiencing or we're watching happen now, because again, words matter, weint experiencing it, we just watching it unless you really plugged in over there, because yeah, there's the news. Don't do it justice if you understand what I mean, he who has hears to hear. Now I want to address a few terms. I want to address ceasefire versus humanitarian pause from the river to the sea. I want to talk about that. I want to talk about occupied territory. I want to talk about this is the heavy one. To me, the remember what the Amalekites did phrase if you grew up in church, then this one, this one heavy dog.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get started.
Speaker 2: So a ceasefire is exactly what you think it is. It's like, listen, we just it's a triage, right, we just need to stop the bleeding. It's too many people dying. It's too much bloodshed on both sides of this thing. The world is like listen. First of all, everyone knew we were no closer to peace or a solution on January sixth than we were January seventh, and now we ain't no closer to even matter of fact, we further away from a solution. The reality is, again, if you can transport yourself to the founding of the USA, the Americans ain't leaving like they not gonna leave. And while the Natives are fighting for their life, fighting for their land, fighting for their history, their their heritage, their posterity. The reality is, and I know that they knew, these white folks ain't leaving. They're not gonna leave, And I mean, what do you do? You fight to the death right, but if you but if the internet exists, I would imagine the world would be calling for a cease fire. Now I'm gonna get into the next episode some even more nuanced and stuff that if you was paying attention, you probably caught already. But I'm gonna say that for next week because now I just won't talk about the words. Right, So a ceasefire is something that's obvious, Like I mean, do you got a soul, nigga, Like y'all gotta stop shooting at each other man, like I don't. I'm just saying, at least for now, Like I'm not saying I know I know the answer, nigga. I'm just saying, like this shit, like y'all, this shit ain't working, like niggas is just dying out here. Everybody dog all hospital blown, you feel me, Like, come on, fam, y'all gotta stop shooting. Like that's just it's just obvious. And the power dynamic between Hamas and the Israeli government is just it's almost laughable.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like if it's not as though Harmas are chumps don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: They're not chumps like they got.
Speaker 2: They squabbles clearly, right, and they organized enough. And it's and and and let me give a side note here. To understand Hamas is to understand the thing I used to say about the Black Panthers, which is, like you ask ten different panthers what the panthers are, You're gonna get ten different answers.
Speaker 1: Right in that sense, they're the same.
Speaker 2: In some senses, hamas desire is to just be a boring bureaucracy government, like one party system. They got offices, nigga, you could like email them and just be like yo, it's up. And then you got wild boys that are like nigga, we bout that action.
Speaker 1: Like they want to be taken serious.
Speaker 2: They want to be a government, right and if they a government, then it's up to the people in Palestine to decide whether they fuck with them or not. Let them decide whether they like Hamas or not. Does that make sense that so there's there's there's that to understand, which in the same way that Joe Biden, Donald Trump and the US government ain't me, Hamas ain't palace. It's reductive and may be accurate that you know they're a terrorist group. You say that about the US military, they just got more badges. I mean, I'm not conflating. I'm just saying the words matter. What we calling these people matter. They communicate things that go beyond what is being said now. A ceasefire is something that is plain and obvious to anyone with a soul. No one wants to see their grandma died, So what the hell is a humanitarian pause?
Speaker 1: What the phrase matters?
Speaker 2: This is why it matters, because what Benjamin net and Yahoo is saying is that if I agree to a ceasefire, I'm basically calling myself a bitch, and I'm giving them time to regroup. He's like, I need to lead, keep the pressure on them. This the only way I'm gonna win this shit is if I beat these niggas to a pole, if I show that I am so with the shits, that I'm so about that action, that they get no break. I'm gonna find y'all. Don't care where your ma mistake? Where your grandma mistake? Nigga, I don't care about shit you think to give a fuck about your daughter, Nigga, I'll shoot her through her Damn stroller, which is essentially the attitude that Benjamin That and Yahoo and the armies of Israel trying to say, I don't give a fuck about no damn civilian nigga, you live over there, you wanted them, is what is the attitude. So no, no, no, ain't no ceasefire. Ain't no ceasefire. Right, No, ain't no peace. Killed my cousin back in ninety four, nigga, fuck your truths like that's kind of where he at. But I will agree to not a ceasefire. But I don't need to smoke for the rest of the world from the rest of the world. If the rest of the world said I don't need to smoke from the UN I don't need to smoke from my greatest ally as in the USA, because if you make an enemy out of the USA, I mean, it's you in a different situation. Israel not afraid to take on all of the air of nations if they know they got the USA on their side, because it could come down to that.
Speaker 1: It could have.
Speaker 2: It didn't, thank the Lord God Almighty, but it could have. Right, So he not scared if he know he got the USA behind him. But if he lose the USA. Oh, Man, I mean, don't get too cocky. They don't want a lot of wars. They have fought off. They have fought off everybody who has came after them, but they've also had they come the USA with them. Anyway, I'll agree to a humanitarian pause, which is basically saying, for the sake of you getting your aid in, I ain't gonna shoot at these people trying to get aid. I'm not gonna stop the aid from coming in. I'll give y'all a four hour window. But just know my finger on the trigger, to which me and you would say, nigga, that's a ceasefire. I don't understand what, nigga, that's what is you talking about? That's a ceasefire, right, But it's not because the words matter.
Speaker 1: They was talking about right now.
Speaker 2: The hospital in Gaza is out of fuel, out of gas, and Israel's like, all right, we'll give y'all this many gallons of gas. Palestine like, nigga, that's gonna last a half hour. You could keep your gas.
Speaker 1: Because that's such a diss right.
Speaker 2: So that's why they like, man, I don't want to hear shit about this humanitarian pause.
Speaker 1: That's some bullshit. We know what you're saying. What you're saying is you're not gonna stop shooting, but you don't want to leave the good graces of your home. Why America would jump in and say this, I'm gonna be kind right now to America for no particular reason, but just to be generous in this reading. If America jumps in and says we're calling for a ceasefire, you lose all credibility with that.
Speaker 2: And Yahoo, now you can't talk to him. Now, you ain't got no right to interface with him. But if you publicly be like yeah, humanitarian. Pause, when you shut the door, you can still talk to them and be like, Bam, you are tripping. Bro, this shit gotta stop. Cuz like I understand you, Herd, I understand you got the right to defend yourself, and look I got your back outside. Listen, listen, there's one thing if you was raised by a black mama, there's one thing you know the rule in this house.
Speaker 1: Dub listen, do not. I don't.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you. I would argue this is the top rule, the top rule. If you got a black mama, don't embarrass me in public. Don't you contradict me in public. Don't you tell me no in public? Don't you ever in public? Because what mama gonna do. She gonna calmly say, oh, wherever we at, she gonna say, Okay, I think it's time to head out, son, go get your stuff. Okay, babe, all right, well I see you next week. We could be at church. He's like, God, bless you, you know, and now and now I want to him who was able to keep you from falling? All right, sister, God, bless you, God keep you made the Lord watch between me and thee while we're absent one from another.
Speaker 1: You think you good?
Speaker 2: As soon as you get in the car, the door shut, the window go up. Nigga, who do you think you is?
Speaker 1: Taugh?
Speaker 2: I ain't one of your little friends. How the unmitigated call. That's what black mamas like to say. Nigga, you finna get it. Listen, listen. She gonna wear you out when you get home. Why because you embarrassed her in public. So I'm saying, you gotta keep it g in public when you're home. Even I don't care how dumb you're homie acting, you gotta keep it g in public. And then when you get home, when the door shut. You could be like, Fam, you are bugging right now.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: But nigga, like you ain't got to do all this shit, Like God, he gonna be like you don't know, you don't know. It's like nigga, look man, like you're gonna get to a place where I'm gonna be like you on your own, Fam, Like you can't be you expect us to just show up all the time, Bro, Like you see me, you see me riding for you out here, but like you blow up the hospital cuz like I can't, I can't, I can't scramble the troops on me, like we can't come, We can't come, We can't help. You gonna act like this you want us to help you, Like, Bro, you gotta chill. So you agree to the phrasing humanitary pause, because again the words are communicating something more than the words. What you're saying is you get to you could keep riding just like damn, have a little heart, because I can't help you if you.
Speaker 1: Don't have a little heart. Humanitarian pause.
Speaker 2: Next, I only talk about the phrase river to the sea Jordan river to the Mediterranean Sea, and the word picture is just that they're saying that all of this land from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean seat this was Palestine.
Speaker 1: That's Palestine.
Speaker 2: So from a geographical perspective, you're talking about the land.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The phrase can mean a lot of different things and can be interpreted a lot of different ways. This phrase can be weaponized, very similar to Black Lives Matter, very similar to critical race theory, you know, Woke. This phrase river to the sea has gone through a lot of these sort of bastardizations weaponizing. They just mean a lot of different things. Now, the most aggressive reading is this idea, Like we said that, like Israel shouldn't exist, Like this is a one state solution, like this region is like y'all, like I don't understand what everybody don't understand. They are the occupiers, Like this is so this is so simple. This is a colonization and a stripping of rights and humanity of the indigenous population.
Speaker 1: Very simple.
Speaker 2: And the only way for us to have peace is for y'all to go river to the sea.
Speaker 1: Everywhere. Y'all don't belong here.
Speaker 2: I don't care, not in my backyard, nigga, I don't care where you go, just not here, right, That's one.
Speaker 1: Reading of the idea of river to the sea.
Speaker 2: Another reading is Roal saying the same thing like basically Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, all of it's ours, all of it's to promised land, so they say river to the sea. That is also an eradication. Some use it in terms of like we just want peace in this region from the Jordan River all the way to the Mediterranean Sea. We just want to see peace, Like how can we coexist?
Speaker 1: You feel me? So it means multiple things in you in particular contexts Now, y'all.
Speaker 2: May have seen the only Palestinian congress person we have get censured over using the phrase from the river to the sea.
Speaker 1: It'll be the.
Speaker 2: Same way as me losing gigs for saying black lives matter, where it's like nigga they do. Though, what does that mean? You're a part of BLM. Black Lives Matter is a nonprofit organization and no, I've never paid dues to it. But do black lives matter?
Speaker 1: Yes? I don't like.
Speaker 2: If you want to read this in the most cynical way you can, you just are being stupid and you're weaponizing a phrase that don't have to be that black lives matter, don't mean, nobody else's life don't matter. It don't mean that at all, except in some people's mouth maybe a do. But you know, coming out of my mouth, that's not what I meant. So we knew coming out of our congresswoman's mouth that ain't what she meant.
Speaker 1: She wasn't talking about the eradication of Israel. Come on, man, even in this discussion, like the idea of a one state or two state solution right river to the sea, there's a thing that a two state solution would be.
Speaker 2: Like Nigga, just let Palestine be a country. Like just I don't understand why you making this so difficult. You done already chunked off, you know, eighty percent of a land like damn, Nigga, Gaza in West Bank, they used to have to go Line Heights cause you know what I'm saying, Like Nigga, just man, chill, just let them they fighting you cause you won't leave them the fuck alone. Like just shit, bro, Like you just keep like even even in the West Bank, like Nigga, you got Israeli settlements, like nigga, just shit, man, Just sign a deal and make a fucking border like you don't have to, Like why do you have to have it all right?
Speaker 1: That's like the two state solution, just let them be a thing. Israel like, well, if.
Speaker 2: They exist, our safety is in danger. We can't handle two state solution. We have to control them because they're danger. That's that's Israel's argument. Another one is Israel's arguments is like, yo, we tried. We keep offering them things like yo, we let Hamas govern like we just backed out, we left in two thousand and seven, like we let Hamas govern West or governed Gaza, like and look what this shit turned out to be?
Speaker 1: Like what you like?
Speaker 2: What more do you want? Like we trying. They don't believe in compromise. Aw y'all mad at us damn is their argument, to which the Palestinians are like, nigga, you call this a compromise. You can't be serious, Like this is an un that is an unseerious statement, like you cannot you cannot actually.
Speaker 1: Believe that you're leaving us alone? You could this is not a what you've giving us.
Speaker 2: You're giving us these ugly ass three sixty record deals and you really think like like you really think.
Speaker 1: We'd that stupid?
Speaker 2: Like no, this is not a tenable deal, Like even the most pragmatic of Palestinian government official was like, oh this this is a bullshit deal, Like you do know we're a country, not country. I just came back from Hong Kong. Hong Kong is like China not China, Like I just what is this? And then you have the more hard line is really are Like when I say exist, I mean living, I'm not saying as a nation state, I mean any of them alive. Then our safety is in danger's That's that other argument which brings me to, in my mind, the most chilling statement to come out of at least out of Benjamin.
Speaker 1: That and Yahoo's mouth.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about Ma's next episode, you know, to figure out the math here, like okay, what was your end game? But we'll talk about that next. It turns out they didn't. They ain't realize how with the shits Benjamin was. But anyway, at least that's my opinion. But that's next week.
Speaker 1: He in this speech he gave and this is like, this is the phrase that made me be like, okay, we need to do an episode about this.
Speaker 2: Is he quotes this Old Testament passage in Deuteronomy. Now I don't know how many of y'all have read your Bible's lift through Sunday School. You know, I don't care if it's a Mormon Sunday School. Hell, you could be Muslim. You know what I'm saying. And you have probably you probably understand Deuteronomy.
Speaker 1: You know, you.
Speaker 2: Probably know more about your Bible than a lot of Christians do.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you've gotten to this.
Speaker 2: Part and he quotes this passage where he says, remember, and I'm not gonna do it in a Hebrew accent because that's corny. But he said, it's corny for me to do it. I'm not saying a Hebrew accent is corny. You understand what I mean. I'm not gonna mock the man's accent. But he said, remember what the Amalekites did to you. Now, the Amalekites were in the Old Testament. Maybe they're a mythical maybe they're not real, like I don't know, I'm they were a tribe in the land of Canaan, which is modern day area that we're talking about. Right, Let me fast, let me rewind back a little further. You got Father Abraham who had many sons, and many sons had father Abraham. Right, So Abraham, father of Jews, Christians, and Muslim religion. He was our you know, the father of the three fates, caming from Arv. Chaldeans had his son Isaac, had his son Jacob, but Abraham also had instead, not just Isaac, had Ishmael. And there's a belief that like Ishmael and Hagar, which was Abraham's wive's handmaiden. This is all Bible stuff, became the father of Islam. Right anyway, that's lineage stuff that I'm in the weeds.
Speaker 1: The point is.
Speaker 2: When Israel, you know, fast forward to Moses. Let my people go, you know, Prince of Egypt. They leave Egypt, they wonder the wilderness for forty days on their way to the Promised Land, which is the land for which all of this shit is about, like it currently, you know, according to their bi this is Genesis doubt right now, as they were supposed to subdue the land. Right, he's calling back to this idea of this promise that Yahweh of the Scriptures gave the children of Israel that this land will be yours. But you have to drive out the people bother me that are there now, the people that were there at the time were called the Canaanites because they were in the land of Canaan. Now, Canaan had a lot of different type of tribes that exist. Now, again we're talking ancient history, so tribal warfare is something that's super normal, right. Unfortunately, now we have guns. But one of those tribes that were there that were enemies of Israel were a tribe called the Amalekites. Now, a lot of readings from modern Judaea sees a lot of this stuff as metaphor, like that theyre weren't really a group a tribe called the Amalekites. And this story is more akin to like the greater and Higher Jihad inside of Islam, which is the idea of like the war within yourself, the war to subdue, to fight against evil urges and to push the lower parts of you, the low vibrations of yourself, to subdue those and be a master of your own urges, your own bodies, to choose the right things, to choose good rather than choosing the debate sort of id of it all, right, if you're Christian, this is the idea of like the war of the flesh versus the war of the spirit. You're beating your flesh into submission. You know, you're holding thoughts captive, like that's that First Corinthians idea, you know, bring every thought into captivity of the will of God. Like, so there's an idea here that goes across all of our faiths. And let me and say this man like to my Jewish friends, like, even with the time I've spent in like Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, I was there for a few Shabbat meals. Well, it's a beautiful, beautiful faith, a beautiful tradition in history. Okay, So I just want to put that out there. The Amalekites symboli you defeating your inner id, right, But why this is so chilling is the is what the rest of that passage says. It says, remember what the Amalekites did to you, and then God commands them to go kill every man, woman, child, cow calf. And if you read Joe King James Versus, it said, and everything that pisseth against the wall pisseth. When we was in Sunday school, we used to love that phrase. So for him to invoke that, if you if you've been through, if you've been through a bar mitzvah, if you had to read them scriptures. You know what he's saying. I mean, that's a call to genocide. I know what you meant when you said that he was saying. The offense on October seventh was such a green light that I can invoke this part.
Speaker 1: Of our faith. Now.
Speaker 2: I feel like, because again I speak because blood, gang banging, and because I grew up in church, I heard what he said.
Speaker 1: Now I don't know the man. I just know what you just communicated to me.
Speaker 2: Because of all the passages in Natara, that's the one you're gonna call on, the one that says, oh, wipe them out. And then you couple that with his actions. Now ain't no peace. I feel like I heard what you just said, big dog. Now, like I said in the beginning, a government is not its people. It's people are not its government. So this is not a disc to the people of Israel. Although I'm pretty sure there are some that may agree with him, I am also very aware of many people that don't. And I'm also aware of many Jewish people that ain't got no idea what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: They're like, Lord, we just looved man. I don't remember none of that shit. I just know what he said is almost impossible to miss.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not saying this from some particular high horse, because America does it all the time. We did it to the natives all the time. Like their justification of slavery was this idea that they were bringing the gospel to Africa. Like, so don't like, listen, I'm not there's blood on our hands. I just know, homie, I heard what you said, and I think I think your country mayor heard what you said too. And no, fam you could have said a lot of different things. That's the one you said. So whoever wrote that shit and got you to say it, Oh, nigga, you knew what you were saying. Little politics, y'all.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know why I ain't thought of this before, but you know you could use promo code hood for fifteen percent off on terraform colbrew dot com. Like I forgot I own that company and this is my pod. Y'all, go ahead and punch your promo cold Hood. If you in the cold Brew, get you some cold brew, gonna get you some coffee. Yeah, Like, I can't believe I ain't think of this still right.
Speaker 2: Now, y'all, y'all, this thing right here was recorded by Me Propaganda and East Lows, Boil Heights, Los Angeles, California. This thing was mixed, edited, mastered, and scored by the one and the only Matt Awsowski. Y'all check out this fool's music. I mean it's incredible. Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman for Cool Zone Media. Man, and thank you for everybody who continue to tap in with us. Make sure you leaving reviews and five star ratings and sharing it with the homies so we could get this thing pushed up in the algorithm and listen. I just want to remind you these people is not smarter than you. If you understand city living, you understand politics.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next week.