Speaker 1: Elvis durand phone tap. All right, Danielle, is this yours?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: What do you have?
Speaker 3: Colleen email said, my family recently bought a refrigerator from a major department store, but when the new fridge came, the movers would not take the old one away because they said it was too.
Speaker 2: Big and against the policy.
Speaker 3: After lots of fighting and frustration, my father paid the workers some cash to move the fridge.
Speaker 2: Here's where you come in.
Speaker 3: Call him and say that now they have some back problems because they move the fridge.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, tell them my dad is responsible.
Speaker 1: Okay, good gam let's go Today's Danielle phone tap?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hi, this is Lisa Sanders from Sicily.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm calling you about a delivery that you had at your house back in July.
Speaker 2: Yes, for a refrigerator.
Speaker 3: Yes, you had some of my workers move your old refrigerator.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that was an illegal thing to do. No, yes, no, yes?
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 3: Because we weren't supposed to move your refrigerator in the first place, and you're not supposed to bribe my workers to move it for you.
Speaker 1: I didn't bribe anybody, ma'am. Last be able to tell me in any of the written policy statements that because I had a sub zero that they weren't going to do this. Your people were gracious enough to help me out. I want to imply that I was bribing people, then I suggest you get an attorney immediately. Well, i'm aise, this is customer service. This happened back in July.
Speaker 2: Yes, can I explain the problem.
Speaker 3: One of the workers, Willie, has back issues now because of moving that refrigerator, and you are going to be responsible for his medical bills.
Speaker 1: No I'm not.
Speaker 2: Oh yes you are.
Speaker 1: No I'm not.
Speaker 3: You should not have paid him money to move the refrigerator in the first place, and then he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Have the seat that I paid.
Speaker 2: Him, sir, don't be stupid with me.
Speaker 1: Don't be stupid with me either.
Speaker 3: Not my issue, man, The poor guy for twenty bucks has a lifetime of bills because he has back issues.
Speaker 1: Now he's employed to do heavy lifting. They didn't send either the right people or a guy with a healthy back.
Speaker 2: No, no, that's not my problem. He had a healthy back till he left your house.
Speaker 1: Sir, So you legal I didn't illegally do anything.
Speaker 2: You bribed money.
Speaker 1: I didn't. No, don't, don't even say those words. I didn't bribe anybody. You didn't right bribe these peoples when they're a fraudulent act involved. Giving somebody a tip for doing good service is not a fraudulent act.
Speaker 2: You didn't give them.
Speaker 1: That's where you went to school, but that's not in my book.
Speaker 2: What do you expect when you you know, we tell you we're not going to move something, and you expect us to move it?
Speaker 1: Well? I expect when I sign a contract which stays will remove your refrigerator, they honor it well. Or did you fail to see that part of the receipt?
Speaker 2: Did you fail to see that that honor.
Speaker 1: I didn't fail to see anything, because there's nothing to read. You check. You checked the receipt, and you check the bill of sale, and it'll say there's to deliver a refrigerator and pick up the old one.
Speaker 2: I have the contract right in front of me, and right on it it says unless it's a.
Speaker 1: Contract in front of me, and it doesn't say that.
Speaker 3: The law is is that when somebody goes to a job and they know they're not supposed to do something, but somebody bribes.
Speaker 2: Them to do it.
Speaker 1: I didn't bribe him to do it.
Speaker 2: Especially somebody who has no money like poor Willy.
Speaker 1: No, No, you're confusing to issues. Poor Willy may not have money, but poor Willy was not bribe.
Speaker 2: If someone waves a twenty dollars bill in your face and you don't have money, you're going to take it.
Speaker 1: No, that's unfortunately bad judgment on poor Willie's part. If poor WILLI doesn't have money, I am not paying his medical bills.
Speaker 3: When Willy said to you, look, we cannot move this refrigerator for you, my boss finds out, I'll be in trouble.
Speaker 2: What was your response, I'll give you twenty dollars right, No, yes, that's.
Speaker 1: Not what I said.
Speaker 2: Tell me what your response?
Speaker 1: You tell me what he said?
Speaker 2: Do you know Willy has three children.
Speaker 1: I feel sorry for Willy. Willie also has workmen's compensation that MA should.
Speaker 2: Pay if that's not my problem, but it's not necessarily's fault.
Speaker 1: Where are we going with this? Is there anything else in this conversation we need to go over? Yes?
Speaker 2: If I give you Willy's number, will you call him and tell him yourself? No? Why not?
Speaker 1: Because I don't need to.
Speaker 2: Well, it'd be nice if you did that.
Speaker 1: Because a I have no way of knowing that Willy hurt himself on the job. B I have no way of even knowing that Willy hurt himself and my house. If I understand it correctly, there was about six or seven. In fact, there's a full truckload of refrigerator. So I have no way of knowing whether Willy was trained properly to lift not lift, you know, pull not pull. That's trying to say that I'm the only one that he got hurt on. But sir, please, sir, please do me.
Speaker 2: You have a sub zero refrigerator that.
Speaker 1: Moved, so they move it? Wait? Did will he move it by himself?
Speaker 2: No? But he moved it with the other three guys and they don't have Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry he didn't move it with other three people?
Speaker 2: Well two people? What?
Speaker 1: Are'm sorry? I'm sorry you were there, right? You know how many people moved the refrigeration?
Speaker 2: Really told me? With three people?
Speaker 1: By Willy's wrong, unfortunately, or four people whatever, I'm sorry, there was more. There was five.
Speaker 2: I know that you paid sixty bucks total. That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you were there. There was five people, not just Willy that moved it alone. Oh so Willy was probably lifting something heavier than and with three people would lifted with a regular refrigerator.
Speaker 2: You think because you have more money than he does, that you can do that.
Speaker 1: How do you know how much money I have?
Speaker 2: Because you have more money than poor Willy. I know that I know how much Willy makes.
Speaker 1: How do you know how much I have?
Speaker 2: Because I know the type of house that they delivered to?
Speaker 1: Oh, I see, because where I live determines how much I make?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 1: Oh, really, that's kind of biased. I think I hope this is being recorded.
Speaker 2: It's not being recorded, so I wish it would. It's illegal to do those things.
Speaker 1: You can call Willy for me and say that he didn't hurt it in his back in my house. You can do that, and that's fine. You could tell Willy that he'll have to recuperate his losses other ways. It was very nice talking to you. We have nothing else to discuss, Well, we actually do. What's that?
Speaker 2: It's Danielle Monaro from Elvis Duran in the morning show and you got phone tapped by Colleen. Oh my god, you were great, sir.
Speaker 1: Really you're pretty good yourself. Thank you. Now say goodbye to my daughter because you probably won't be around tomorrow. I'm going to drop the sub zero one Elvis Duran soon. This phone tab was pre.
Speaker 2: Recorded with permission granted by all participants.
Speaker 3: See Elvis Duran phone tab totally on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show