Speaker 1: Hey, that folks, it is Wednesday, November twenty sixth. What the actual hell is going on with Tara Reid? Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. There's so many ways to try to say what is going on with her? We have to start with the possibility that she is the victim of a crime, right, Shall we start with that?
Speaker 2: Yes, because authorities did confirm late yesterday that Tara Reid has filed a police report regarding an incident she says she suffered over the weekend in Chicago, and they confirmed that they are investigating.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that is one hundred percent and all of that is legit. Now we hear that, and we hear those details. That is a real story about a real potential crime. The reasons questions are being asked, Robes is because the details you just gave of our company by some pretty damning, damaging videos.
Speaker 2: Correct. So we'll start with what terror Reid says happened. She was in Chicago. She was there, I believe she was. I don't know what she was signing, but she was in some sort of signing ceremony for an appearance at the Chicago Sports Spectacular event. So she was there and she says she went down to the hotel bar around ten thirty pm on Saturday night, and she says she woke up eight hours later in the hospital. But there are a lot of eyewitness reports and there is a lot of bystander video, and soon we will most likely have or at least the hotel and police will be able to review surveillance video on top of that. But she believes that she was drugged. She believes that someone slipped some sort of foreign substance in her drink. When she took a break, she said she had only had one glass of wine. She said she met somebody at the bar. They kind of hit it off, and they decided to go smoke a cigarette. So she said she left her drink unattended at the bar, and when she came back from the smoke break, there was a napkin over it, which she did not put on it, and she says that because I guess she feels like that was suspicious. But then she took the napkin off and finished her one glass of wine. That's all she says she had that evening.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's the story that she tells. The story that we see that doesn't match the story she tells, is the part about her just having one glass of wine. What we see of the person in the video, That person did not just have one glass of wine. They either had many mini glasses of wine or hey had ingested a drug. That person was not okay correct.
Speaker 2: So either someone slipped something to her, or she's not telling the truth about how much alcohol she consumed, or she could have been on something else. Who knows. I mean, I don't know certain even if it was a verifiable prescription drug, sometimes they don't mix well with even a glass of wine. Or maybe there was some marijuana, like who knows. Only Tara Reid actually knows. But she is claiming she is the victim of a crime. She actually went so far as to say, thank god it happened in a public space and I wasn't raped, because she really feels like she was she was targeted. And she mentioned that in this hotel lobby there were YouTubers that were recording things, and she said when she came up to the bar, she already had a weird energy or felt like things were off a bit, and so she didn't directly point the finger at these YouTubers, but she suggested that perhaps the she was implying that perhaps someone slipped something her drink so that they could take videos of her and upload it to YouTube.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the video we see rooms the h I think that this is the full video we both seen.
Speaker 2: We have seen it.
Speaker 1: That's out there. It starts out. It appears she's sitting in maybe a couch like a lounge Aerreya. I didn't see a bar in the video.
Speaker 2: At that point. I think she was already so in such bad shape that they were trying to First they were trying to get her just back up to her room, I believe, but then they ended up having to call paramedics.
Speaker 1: So this is where the video picks up. I'm seeing this lounge area, yes, and they're trying to get her in a wheelchair wheelchair to the point I think two security guys. They're getting frustrated, one in particular because Tara Reid and is this the guy she met? Because there was some guy trying to help her.
Speaker 2: I believe. I mean it seems as though because she said she got chummy with this guy and they exchanged numbers and so he there you do see this man who's not a security guard or not a paramedic or AMT worker trying to help her get into this chair.
Speaker 1: So there was a little back and forth between that guy, that stranger and the security guy who gets frustrated and annoyed with him and say, hey, we're gonna have a problem if you touch me again. So it was a kind of a tense and frustrating at least moment for the security guys. They I mean, she just wouldn't sit up. They couldn't get her to sit in the chair to where she almost just kept her body as a plank or she kept sliding out of it as they tried to wheel her across the lobby.
Speaker 2: And she was yelling, yelling, but she was speaking loudly and she was slurring her words, and one of the bystanders said, she was saying, you don't know who I am. I'm famous, I'm an actress. So it's hard. You know, I don't know what a drug slipped into your drink would would, what the impact or what the effect it would be on you. But it did. Like if you were just looking at this video, you would just think, Wow, girl had way too much to drink. And we've all seen people like this at the bar, like it's sadly a common scene at one o'clock in the morning at a hotel lobby on a Saturday night. That is what this was.
Speaker 1: She also said again, that's what we wrecked. Now, we want to make sure we are not suggesting this. We're taking her at every bit of her word. But if you are looking at the video and we hadn't told you the backstory, you would just say, wow, that person's wasted exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: So she claims her timeline is a little off. So she actually when she got back, first of all, she did file the police report, and we'll get into what police had to say about all of this in just a moment. But she decided to go on to TMZ and talk to Harvey Levin, and she actually gave a very specific timeline, saying she went down to the bar around ten thirty, and she says she was in the hospital by midnight. That timeline is already off because you can actually see the timing of the videos. She was being loaded into an ambulance right around on one am, So there's an hour and a half discrepancy about so one glass of wine. She needs it to be a short timeline to fit that narrative if she just had one glass of wine.
Speaker 1: Oh so wait a minute, so the timing is off. I'll help me with that math again. So she appears she's she was there longer. Yeah, she thought, that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where it's a little confusing, because it was ten thirty when she went down there, and she's and then she said she did take a smoke break. You know how long was the smoke break? I don't know. She went outside with this man.
Speaker 1: Where are we getting the ten thirty?
Speaker 2: That is where she she said, I went down to the bar at ten thirty pm. But we don't know what she was doing beforehand. We don't know where she was beforehand. We don't know if she was drinking anything or eating anything. We don't know anything leading up to when she came down to the bar at ten thirty. And so yes, this is it is questionable. And you could see the skepticism from Harvey Levin because he really got specific and asked her a lot of questions. And he asked her, Okay, so what did they say at the hospital. You went to the hospital, what happened? Obviously, you go in in a state like that, you would presume, I would assume that you'd have. He asked her, did they test your blood alcohol level? She said, I don't know. He said, did they test you for any unknown substance? I don't know. But then she said they told me I was drugged. Yes, and so he was. So the obvious follow up is, okay, so the hospital, doctors, nurses, whomever, someone at the hospital told you you were drugged. What drug did they say you had in your system?
Speaker 1: Did she use the word vague?
Speaker 2: She did. She said they were vague with her, and he said, well, what happened? And she's like, I didn't ask. And that is where you lose me. If you are waking up in a hospital disoriented, you don't know how you got there. The last thing you remember is having one glass of wine. You wake up and that someone tells me I've been drugged. The first question out of my mind is what did I get drugged with? What is in my system? What did you find? And we also know it takes a while sometimes for toxicology reports to come back blood alcohol. I don't know how quickly they can come up with that, but I think pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a cop can figure it out.
Speaker 2: On the street with the breathalyzer. Yes, but like if they're taking a blood alcohol test, maybe it takes a day or two. But the point being is she was in the hospital. This is going to be documented. I would imagine that they would have taken a vial of blood or something to test her, would you not.
Speaker 1: But she went to the hospital. Yeah, we saw her wheeled out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was in a stretcher because first they tried the wheelchair. That didn't work so well, so they had to go and actually literally strap her into a stretcher because she was flailing. She was she was she didn't have a lot of strength in her to fight, but she was resisting being put into the wheelchair and resisting getting onto that stretcher and being loaded into that ambulance. So this this is a tough one because she is absolutely pointing the finger at someone else doing her wrong. And she has said that all she did was have one glass of wine.
Speaker 1: Okay, and everything she says might be true. I think if she had another, like a prescription drug in her system and this happened, I think she would let us know and explain that. Again, it's a mystery. Is this a danger? Did someone out there actually try to drug Terry. That is a big deal. It is who who is this guy? I mean, that's the only suspect that is possible. Excuse me, I'm using the word suspect. I want to be clear here.
Speaker 2: But he was with her. See that's the thing. The guy who the guy who you see in the video, that guy actually went out with her to smoke. So she's saying someone who was there at the bar while she was gone and left her drink, that someone while she was out with this guy smoking must have put something in her glass. And yes, she actually specifically said because you asked about the vague, she specifically said that they were vague when she asked. So that doesn't also make a lot of sense. I don't. I can't imagine a nurse or a doctor being vague about what they found is wrong with you. That doesn't make any.
Speaker 1: Sense to me. And this was about a five minute or so interview that they posted it. It's worth a watch if you do get a chance. But robe, they can solve this crime pretty quickly, this potential crime pretty quickly. There's a camera all over the place in any hotel, lobby and bar, and you don't you think the Double Tree and their corporate office demanded to see that video immediately so they can come out and say, Hey, there was nobody running around our hotel drugging our guests.
Speaker 2: That's the last kind of pr that hotel wants to have something happened like that to someone with a name like Tara Reid, as famous as she is, to have some criminal act happened to her under their watch, at their bar, at their hotel. So yes, they will have every incentive to fully investigate this. And when we come back, we're going to tell you what police had to say. We'll tell you what now Tara Reid's own spokesperson has to say. And of course we have to point out the fact that this is a young lady who has had substance abuse issues and has struggled with sobriety in the past. Continuing our conversation about what happened, what may have happened in that hotel lobby in a Chicago airport hotel, the DoubleTree Hotel just outside of Chicago near O'Hare, where Tara Reid says she was drugged. She says someone put something in her drink that led to this video that is now everywhere. It's a tough video to watch. I can't imagine. I was thinking if I were her and the next day and you see, I mean it's it's I mean it it is. I don't even want to say humiliating, but it is like she was not in control of her body. She was not in control of her mind or her words or any that. She was completely out of it. And she says it isn't her fault. She had one glass of wine. This had nothing to do with anything she did wrong, but it should be noted in two thousand and eight, cause I had to go back and look, I couldn't remember. I remember she had some stuff, sense abuse issues, but she reportedly got sober. She spent a ninety day she had a ninety day rehab stant in Malibu, And there's a quote from her in two thousand and nine saying, rehab saved my life. Before I used to think about tomorrow and I hated it. Now I can't wait because I am clean and sober, and I am excited. And look, I don't know what anyone's individual path to or through sobriety means. Does that mean that you can have a glass of wine every now and then. I don't know. Everyone has different ways of addressing what sobriety means. Harvey Levin even asked her like, have you been California sober? Meaning do you take marijuana products? Maybe and not drink so much. He was just trying to feel her out, because it did seem as though, even in the interview that maybe she was. She didn't come off as somebody who was fully in control of her faculties. And maybe she's dealing with the aftermath of everything she's been through and she's been traumatized, as her spokesperson said, so, but if you watch the interview, this doesn't seem like a young woman who is sharp and rested, and it's questionable, I guess, just in terms of her demeanor and her speech seemed a little off.
Speaker 1: Do you remember, I can't remember how long after the incident was the interview.
Speaker 2: So this happened Saturday night, she was in the hospital. On Sunday, she actually went on and did this signing, the signing ceremony or whatever she was doing. Her agent came and got her from the hospital, and she says they went to the event that she had agreed to do that she was employed to do and then went home on Sunday. She talked to Harvey the next day. So you know, it was within less than forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: O who no, I thought she was feeling So it could.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, it absolutely, but this is not when you see the interview, it's a little concerning.
Speaker 1: The part the thing about the Mexican woman in the hospital.
Speaker 2: We did mention it go well. She said, as she was describing basically how disoriented she was in the hospital, she said she didn't know where she was, and she said there was a woman, oh ye who was over her or looking over her in the room, and she was Mexican and she wasn't speaking English. And she said, at one point I thought I was in Mexico. She was saying that, I think to say, see, I was completely in an altered state, but it ended up coming off a little differently. So she was trying to explain how out of it she was. So here is what police have had to say, and this is I guess the area. I'm not as familiar with Chicago suburbs, but the Rosemont area. So the Rosemont Public Safety Department understands the severity of the allegations being reported and are committed to investigating this incident fully. At this point, we are in communication with the hotel to gather as much video surveillance as possible. As this incident has just been reported and is still open, no further information is available at this time. And you said this right away. They have so many cameras. If anyone put anything in her drink, it will be you will see it.
Speaker 1: There is a camera on that drink from the time she receives it until she gets in a ambulance. Absolutely so, I mean, I guess she don't suggest maybe the bartender put something in her drink. I've been sure they got an eye on the bartender as well. They should be able to wrap this up pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: That in addition to whatever the hospital tests would show. I mean, I'm again, I mean, I don't know again as a standard operating procedure, but I would think it would be someone comes in in that state, you have to make sure they're okay, you have to make sure they don't have a life threatening substance in them. You have to do some sort of test to say, what is this poor girl dealing with?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I don't know, but she told us that they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they were vague about what it was that they told her she was drug So look, now you've got hospital tests that we will or at least police will be received. I don't think we will. There's some privacy issues there, but police will know.
Speaker 1: Can they get that? Well, this is a crime, and.
Speaker 2: She reported it and she's asked for it to be investigated. So that is happening. And her spokesperson said this, and this I believe was after she was on TMZ. She as in Tara is cooperating fully with the investigation. Tara is recovering and asks for privacy during this traumatic time. She also urges everyone to be careful, watch your drinks and never leave them unattended unattended, as this can happen to anyone.
Speaker 1: She's standing by that story, I mean, but right now she's putting it out there as a belief MM because she has no evidence of what she's saying, and she doesn't have to prove anything to us. If that's what she believes, that's fine. But when you follow a police report, now you have to produce.
Speaker 2: Evidence, and it's a crime to file a false police report.
Speaker 1: So now she has to This is a just thing. We could just let it go if she was just doing this and didn't get police involved. Now it's a Syria, it's a criminal matter.
Speaker 2: Correct, And you know, when she was talking to TMZ, they asked her if she had filed a police report, and at that point she was like, well, I think I'm going to, and then she did. So it is official and the investigation is ongoing, and we will be sure to follow this story and let you know what develops. But we're glad she's okay. We hope she's doing better. We hope that she, if anything, doesn't leave for drink unattended. That's something that I told my daughters from the moment they started going out when I wasn't with them. Always always keep your drink with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't. This is crazy. My mother taught me this about my milk carton in elementary school. If you ever walk away from it or turn your back on it and do not drink it, she.
Speaker 2: Told me, that's amazing. Again, we're not just talking about alcoholic beverages. You're talking so to coffee whatever.
Speaker 1: But for women going out like that, that.
Speaker 2: Is a like I have chills just thinking about it. That is a like that is it? You never you always have a wing woman, you never go home alone, you never walk alone, and you always keep your drink with you.
Speaker 1: So, if nothing else, maybe this is a moment of a reminder around the holidays. If nothing else, this is making that point. But yes, and the napkin was a peculiar, peculiar detail to me, that's something that a bartender would do if you noticed somebody's drinks and think you're going to.
Speaker 2: Come back, yeah, in a way. If that is the case, that would seem as though he was protecting her drink, yeah, from any possible substance. So we shall see. But in the meantime, everyone, thank you for listening to us. We always appreciate you. I'm Amy Roebuck alongside TJ. Holmes. We'll talk to you soon. Two two