Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is nick shot streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys have now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Well, the captain of the ship is not here today on Christmas Eve. So I got the big boss, I got the I got the rudder myself and with us Everson Walls and Nate Newton in to help us.
Speaker 4: Nathaniel, thank you all, man. I'm glad to be here. I'm excited. Man, I'm just I got a prediction now, dream or fantasy, whatever you want to call it, that the Cowboys all the least signback fifteen of their free agent defensive player.
Speaker 3: Well, good, because we're gonna carry Jones talked about a bright future for this team the way some of the young guys have stepped up and played on this day. Bill Jones had to do a little family deal today and so we excused him for that. Nate says, that's a good thing. Yes, So we'll carry on here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com on a very rainy Christmas Eve. Anybody have to come in on a boat.
Speaker 4: M Oh no, not yet. I mean Rainy, don't bother me, you know what I mean. I can't get to you to give you your gifts.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this is a tough day. You know.
Speaker 5: Everybody's trying to get last minute shopping.
Speaker 6: Yes, right, and then the rain is just out there and I'm glad mine is done. It's good to have a good family that likes to get out there and shop for you. You just give them a card.
Speaker 2: Let him go do it.
Speaker 4: They give him a cart in and Hopeville. Soft budget, Yeah, yeah, you don't want you got a cat?
Speaker 2: Yes, you want? You want a hard budget.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a bunch of gifts in the locker room today. It looked like Dak Prescott's initials were on a bunch of but.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, sure need to go down. That's right. He could get you a gift.
Speaker 3: Troy used to get you something.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we can depend on that, Yes, sir, season man, you're gonna tell a couple of jokes man.
Speaker 3: Santa da right, Wow, did you guys have a Santa?
Speaker 2: No, we did not have at.
Speaker 3: That didn't start we were playing.
Speaker 2: We did not yea, he got a member. He forgets.
Speaker 6: Those old days, you know, they didn't have all the empathy and inclusion like they have today.
Speaker 3: And everybody didn't have shoe deals.
Speaker 5: Now we had shoes. They were horrible deals.
Speaker 2: We didn't treat it. They didn't treat it, but we would.
Speaker 6: We would wear the wrong shoe and and we spat our shoes and we draw the emblem on the side that that we.
Speaker 5: Were beholding to right.
Speaker 6: And usually, you know, if you were supposed to have ponies on, you know, you you put some Adidas on because the Adidas.
Speaker 2: Fit better ponies.
Speaker 5: People don't know what. So we drawed a little pony on the outside of it.
Speaker 2: They got it. They kind of got hip to that.
Speaker 3: And well, the guy that's been happening trouble with his shoes here of late is C. D.
Speaker 2: Lamb. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Wearing the right cleats or the right colors? He's getting fined?
Speaker 5: He yeah, wait, what do you mean the white colors?
Speaker 3: He'd been wearing those. I don't know if it was the color he was wearing those like, uh, bright green and uh. He said he kept getting fine that he had the wrong shoes on. They matched the uniform.
Speaker 5: That's what they have to mask them.
Speaker 3: Well that's what he said.
Speaker 2: Is that how it goes? Did you I guess? I mean, I mean I wish I had that my money just give way tonight for your charity charity saying thank you. He needs some ride off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he definitely used to use some right offs this year, but I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. Well they have.
Speaker 5: You know it's in basketball, you could you could do that.
Speaker 2: Right wear whatever you want.
Speaker 4: I just hope we paid Chance and Gohlsen enough where he can get him a shoe deal and get paid enough.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm bro I'm stuck on that. I've been stuck on that for like three weeks now. Watkins, Yeah, I mean I need him back, Kendricks another year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need him back.
Speaker 4: I need I need I need players. Man, I'm hurting bad man. I don't want to. I don't want this name to come down to the last five seconds every game where you know, heart attack about to come on.
Speaker 5: Okay, so let me ask you this. We need to keep these players.
Speaker 6: Yes, we talk about how we got the big players, the big the big money, just a couple of guys, and we've got all these guys down here that.
Speaker 2: We really need.
Speaker 6: We could just tie these guys in and make it continue with the motivation and the the momentum that they've had so far. Do they still do this thing where you can as a player, if I'm DAK, if I'm CD, like, hey takes some of my money and take care of the rest of the guys.
Speaker 5: Well, is that something.
Speaker 6: That we talk about, that the true problems what you can have, what you can do, and they will do it with DA's press.
Speaker 3: I mean it's already in his contract. The mechanism probably with CDs that you basically pay them a restructure bonus. So whatever their base salary is, you say, okay, here's thirty million dollars and then we'll reduce the base salary and spread the thirty million over the rest of the contract. But what happens now is if you keep putting those voided years at the end, like adding like they did for Zach Martin, when you get to the end, and if he doesn't play next year or they don't sign him to an extension, if he retires, he's gonna cost seventeen million dollars. So at some point that money catches up to you on a salary cap, but they're not giving anything up.
Speaker 5: They're just getting.
Speaker 3: Their money instead. On one eighteenth of the season. You get it right now, right, and then whatever your base salary becomes, then you get paid over each week.
Speaker 5: So I'm sure that's what we're looking at.
Speaker 3: So that's what will happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all the Goldsts and guys like that.
Speaker 3: And providing that they don't reach free agency and somebody money whips them like they did Dante Fowler and Drance Armstrong because Armstrong and Chauncey kind of a little bit in the same boat, although Armstrong had more sacks.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you what.
Speaker 4: If you don't sign these guys, If you don't sign these guys, you're gonna be trying to find guys street and you're gonna be trying to draft. We don't have twenty five draft choices. We don't have six or seven at the most right, So you have to, you know, go out and sign these guys because you don't you know who can play now, and you know who can't play, and you're gonna have and you know, I understand if we were one and now I ain't talking about one player away because.
Speaker 2: Parsons, as great as he is.
Speaker 4: I don't think he can defeat five offensive linemen by himself.
Speaker 2: I just really don't try you better, has tried you better.
Speaker 4: It is the time to bump yourself up against the wall because these next three years are gonna be crucial because all you have is draft picks. Okay, I'm not if you're not gonna go out into free agency and spend some money in free agency. Okay, I'm not gonna argue with that, but this season cannot pass like seasons has passed saying.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, we're up against the cap.
Speaker 4: Okay, we just let this guy go to this guy team and they better and he's better.
Speaker 2: We let this guy go to this team, they better, and they in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: We can't continue to have that roll over at some point in some time, mister Jones and his group of guys, when I say, you know what, Fellas, I know he may be a little bit high, but we got to sign some of these guys because they have shown great promise.
Speaker 2: They have beaten some decent teams.
Speaker 4: This year that the Cowboys have and what is the reward for the fans being patient?
Speaker 2: You can't say to them up against the cap, gotta let the guy go, yeah, you can'not.
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you want to do without go over the cap?
Speaker 2: You can't? Yes, you can't. Know you can't. He may cast you a little bit old.
Speaker 7: First round drift, go over the cap, Go over the cap? I mean you not go over the cat up? No, you couldnot go over the carapa.
Speaker 5: Do we have a cap raising situation?
Speaker 3: Otherwise they start taking guys off your roster. Not only do they take now you're right, they'll go from the bottom and say, okay, you're five million over the cap. All right, this guy's making eight hundred thousand, he's out. This guy's making a million, he's out. And they just keep going and going until you're under the cap. If you don't do it yourself.
Speaker 4: They you know what, man, I don't think it's Jones, a tree and billion mult times.
Speaker 3: Not about his money.
Speaker 2: No, I ain't talking about ain't money. Let me finished. Ain't. I ain't talking about the money. I'm talking about his brain.
Speaker 4: This brain is smart enough to work this. He is the innovator of the cap. He the one started with the draft picks. He the one invented the car for the draft picks. So you can't tell.
Speaker 2: Me a man that smart. Can't figure out how we can out smart this man keep somebody place.
Speaker 6: He's making a profits while still losing Pretty damn.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about that. These kids done grow.
Speaker 4: We can't let and we can't can't let it happen. I mean, you need to go talk to mister Jones.
Speaker 3: There's a there, there's a market out there. You guys wanted free agency.
Speaker 2: No no, no, you did. You're dead.
Speaker 4: You can't tell me that Detroit Lions ain't swimming in deep waters. They got depth and they got front in top Baltimore. You you mean yeah, So I'm saying it can be done. I'm not saying that, uh, we'll all be around here with no teeth because they got to pull every teeth out of our head to make this happen.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about you.
Speaker 4: We got we smarted to get these Get some denters, some backup dentchers. Come on now, I'm giving mister Jones all the credit. I am saying that it's nowhere in the world that if we lose three a Chancey Watkins and then whoever else that third guy is. I don't even want to imagine losing Osa. He's just starting to find the sea legs.
Speaker 2: In this defense.
Speaker 3: Right, so I give you, got to keep some of them, guys, I give you, Okay, what if I give you, but I can't afford chancey.
Speaker 2: Okay, I go for that, all right, I go for that.
Speaker 3: That's the decisions they have. Yeah, so I mean, I'm just being realistic.
Speaker 2: I understand about you. Really, you really, I ain't gonna say listic.
Speaker 4: I don't. I understand about you real I'm real, but I'm trying. I'm sorry, I derail you.
Speaker 2: Show him sorry now is exactly I wanted to hear.
Speaker 6: I just when we go, when we do our Q and A. Yeah, that's the first thing. The first question we get all the time is why aren't we better in free agency? So we start talking about teams that got better and somehow still surviving under the cap. Baltimore is one team. They've got many superstars on this team, many players that are contribute to that coach, especially on defensive end. Yet you're still able to keep your quarterback happy, You're still able to bring in some wide receivers, and of course you're still able to bring in Derek Henry. So you know, we always look at other teams and wonder how they're able to do it. And then we're over here singing the same song, and so you can imagine that's.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have to an Okay, so I've heard one of our top ce ols say, we draft them, we do velophant, and we resign them Stu.
Speaker 3: The resigning part, well the second quarter.
Speaker 2: So tell me this.
Speaker 3: You brought up Detroit who other than the quarterback and the defensive end who's now on injured reserves and the wide receiver which ride receivers making Simon Saint John Simont Mon whatever his name, Moan and Lease, Moan and Lisa signed what contracts he on?
Speaker 2: He's on a big soundtrack, I think, is he Look him up? Look him up? Now go out there. And they don't have Bill here.
Speaker 4: Brother, I'm telling you, is he making what CD is making? No, you don't have to make with CD's making. Well, I'm the thing that I'm trying to list you.
Speaker 2: I'm listening. I'm listening.
Speaker 4: I am listening with one ear and talking out of this big old mouth.
Speaker 2: Out the side of your mouth on the other. Okay, let me let me take my thay, Okay, go ahead on top of me. You see walls I'm make walls. Take me that, I'm making sure. There you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you said he's not making what CD is making. No, he's not well come because that helps their salary cap.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The thing is, so do you want CD or do you want uh Tobert being your number one receiver? The thing know, it ain't by the way he said, he it ain't.
Speaker 2: Do we need to go to a break? Let me let me help you. No break? Yeah, yeah, we got a break. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, Tolbert said, he hyper extending his pinky finger and the bone broke through the skin.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: Now, how do you hyper extend something and it comes through the skin?
Speaker 2: It had to come in. I come through. Did you come through the bottom.
Speaker 3: Or if it stands up one of your knuckles?
Speaker 2: Maybe? See that is the problem.
Speaker 4: You You done detoured these people off of free agency and signing back players like Toba.
Speaker 2: They're salivating. Yeah, I can't salivate from me. I can't from the shot.
Speaker 3: I can't talk free agency if you're not realistic.
Speaker 2: I'm being realistic.
Speaker 3: No, you're not all want sat Brown's contract? What four years, one hundred and twenty million, okay, average thirty sick for sixteen point five.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just being out. I knew ye had signed a seven seven guaranteed.
Speaker 4: I knew he had signed to make I'm gonna help you, all right, I'm going and see. The thing that I don't like doing is if you have a model that has worked and nothing has been wrong with that model, now you you do you tweaked the model.
Speaker 2: Okay, for the.
Speaker 4: Last eight years, since we signed that cornerback a lot of years ago for a lot of money, we haven't signed a big name player.
Speaker 2: I'm with that.
Speaker 4: But if you choose not to go that route, I'm I'm one hundred percent with you. But when you draft a guy in the four for the sixth round and he turned out to be better, Now you see this coming, he's not strapped like a first rounder, you gotta figure out a way. Hey, this this dude coming like Chauncey. We didn't see this. No, I saw this that he could set an edge and be better than an average player.
Speaker 2: He's good. You gotta pay him.
Speaker 4: You got to find a way because if you had chance to go and and and I know OSA agents saying, boy, you started slow, but we rolling nine, so we don't know how that's gonna work out.
Speaker 3: All I told you, which one do you want?
Speaker 2: If they have to make a decision, give me both of them.
Speaker 3: Well that's not what I asked.
Speaker 2: I understand what if I can?
Speaker 3: You will if Son number one wants this fancy car and you buy it for him, and son number two wants the same car and you go, sorry, can't afford it.
Speaker 4: We see Son number one is number eleven, so it's some number one gonna get the car son number two.
Speaker 2: Sign number two is osa you take what we give. See that's my point. He just made it right.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Team number three says, I'll pay you what Sun number one is getting.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. They ain't gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you're hoping. All right, We're gonna continue this mix shots here Nate, Mickey and Everson on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Eat slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookian crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect grow My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: To mit Shots Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 6: Amanda Foster has been named You're twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan, for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot COM's Last Fan of the Year.
Speaker 3: And we continue here on mix Shots looking forward, and maybe we'll look forward to Sunday and the following Sunday, because there's still two games to play?
Speaker 2: Is there not two games for us to win?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm.
Speaker 3: Glad you said that, because it occurred to me that if they can get to nine and eight have a winning season, this would be four consecutive winning seasons.
Speaker 2: Wow, that'd be nice.
Speaker 3: The club record. We know you were part of the end of it. Yes, right, twenty straight nineteen sixty six through eighty five.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: The next longest you were part of ninety one through ninety six. So six straight, the next one two thousand and five through two thousand and nine. For five straight two thousand and five through nine would be parcels for two years, and Wade Phillips for the other three. Right, and four straight would be the next longest streak in club history.
Speaker 6: That's saying a lot considering what's been going on this season, right, would.
Speaker 3: If you could get to nine and eight, right, and so that's Nate's goal, win the next two games.
Speaker 4: This this thing to me is I've had a great year. I think that I saw this in training camp rebuild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm sticking to that and and I'm just happy.
Speaker 4: Every week I've asked almost every group podcast group, who is the next head coach? Because everybody wanted coach McCarthy going right now, I'm asking the same question now I'm getting from his head on roll. He won't see the sixth game of eight game to now if he can win, So it's a caveat now. So I'm like, you know what, Fellas, you either believe in this guy, you don't, right, I believe in coach McCarthy. Twelve and five man, yeah, teven five. I believe in him, and I think he should be here sign at a nice contract but a nice amount of years. They are developing players. He's taking this and put it back in mister Jones hands. He's taking his team and put it say you know, I miss Jones. Here you go choose who you want to sign. But you got to give me a little.
Speaker 6: Bit more this house because I actually have a team. Yeah, I actually have a team.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Everon, So when you mentioned the head coach, the two other consecutive winning seasons were spread over two coaches. Right, two thousand and five. We just said two thousand and nine, ninety one through ninety six spread over two coaches. So the only other winning streak was one coach Tom Landry, that's right right right now. The next streak one coach is Mike McCarthy. If they get to nine and eight, and that's kind of got to be the goal. I think that's why you keep playing. That's why you're not saying, okay, we're we're gonna see what Trey Lance has to do. Jerry answered it today on his He basically they asked him that question and he says, the priority right now is what gives us the chance to be successful on the next play, the next series, the next quarter, the next game. And it's Cooper rush because they want to win, and I think they probably have an idea what Trey Lance is and they feel like that winning would be important going forward.
Speaker 2: Now, you guys, I.
Speaker 6: Think I think, considering where we are and considering what you have to I guess play with I would use Trey Lance a lot more in the ball game.
Speaker 3: So it's like, give him a series.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't give them a series.
Speaker 6: No, I would give him a play on a particular situation that arch manning pro cheat.
Speaker 5: I would do that.
Speaker 6: I would not. I would not give him. I would not give him consecutive plays. I might give him a play on a consecutive series if he needs to be you know, we're talking fourth and one. We're talking fourth and goal or third and one, something like that.
Speaker 2: So like a special package package.
Speaker 6: For him that that we know used to do the same thing with Cordel Stewart, right, just have a package just for him back in the day with Pittsburgh. So I could see them doing more of that, you know, just to kind of give him a little taste of what it's like to be part of this success because right now we're exhibiting some success that we weren't aware of.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: Cooper Rush is handling that very well. So I think Trey getting a piece of that. I think that would make him feel better about what's was, he who he is going forward.
Speaker 3: So speaking of Cooper Rush, you want him back, want and back where here he's a free agent next year.
Speaker 4: It's two things that I've never changed and I would never change. I'm about winning and winning only.
Speaker 2: And Cooper Rush after that gives us the best chance to win.
Speaker 4: Uh. I'm with giving Trey Lance a package. Give him this package before the game, give him this package on a clipboard, and let him go through series through series and that's where he needs to stay because that's just where album you see. Because the bottom line is this right here in this league now.
Speaker 2: It ain't like when.
Speaker 4: We was coming through ever since where you could give players series because you wasn't going nowhere.
Speaker 2: You you you you wasn't.
Speaker 4: I don't care what you did. Everson raised all type of aide trade me, I don't want to be here. I need a new contract. Trade and they just smile at it.
Speaker 2: Okay, he'll get over it. Give us something now. Trey Lance is gone after this year. We did not take his fifth year option, did we No?
Speaker 3: Some teams when they paid them something, okay, and they finish.
Speaker 4: He's finnah leave on something, right, He's gonna leave on something.
Speaker 2: The god, the guy is gonna leave. And So if you believe that you prosper through this year.
Speaker 4: Of turmoil, these these these bad losses, these whoopings we've taken, these experiences these kids have went through, if you believe that you got a better term for next year, Trey Lance don't fit. I mean it's athletic ast. The kid is uh, it's great potential as he's he's had. And I'm an advocate of you gotta let him grow, but not right now.
Speaker 2: And see, every year that we hold off makes him rustier, rustier.
Speaker 4: And makes other talent come in saying well that Trey Lance was the thing of the past, and its value decreased.
Speaker 2: Its decreased.
Speaker 4: So you either got to put him in the game. See I'm not like you, Walls. You either want to put him in the game and let him play, or if he's gonna be a.
Speaker 2: Gadget play player, uh, let's say. Let's tell the world. Hey man, he's a gadget player for us, like number nine.
Speaker 4: Is like Duce Vaughan was supposed to be. So if he a gadget player, that's right. But if he is seriously a candidate as a quarterback on your team.
Speaker 2: You have to let him play.
Speaker 3: So by not letting him play, what is that that hurt?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's telling me, you gotta tell a Wall. I don't want to see I don't want to see him.
Speaker 3: I think they're telling you what they say.
Speaker 2: I'm not listening. Man, If you don't, I don't care.
Speaker 3: So Everson really didn't have to go through this. But what did nineteen ninety two for your team? Going to ninety one? You finished seven to nine.
Speaker 4: Right, But you we was waiting for somebody else to help us to get into the playoff.
Speaker 3: You had some success at the end of the year until Troy got hurt. That's right, right, So did that success help carry over to ninety one?
Speaker 2: Yes it did, Yes it did.
Speaker 4: And once again different cecumstances called, wasn't nobody going nowhere?
Speaker 2: See you can build?
Speaker 4: Just think if there was no Sarah cap if ever sing them wouldn't have held out for guys to have more money.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just calling it.
Speaker 4: Listening you would yea, when it's held out, when these guys.
Speaker 2: Could prosper, we wouldn't.
Speaker 4: We'll be excited this nation, Cowboy Navs would be excited because just think if nobody was going nowhere.
Speaker 5: That was a coach's dream.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was a coaching dream, but players night there was a players nightmare though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there wasn't for coaches dream.
Speaker 2: Coaches dream this team.
Speaker 3: It was almost like at least like college where you had four years to develop some right.
Speaker 5: Make who you wanted to screw over as a coach.
Speaker 4: This team could be loaded depending on who we signed, who we resigned, who you rec it's see and and I'm well aware of the Sarah cap and how you can't go over it. But I just say the mind of a mastermind of mister Jones, find the loophole, Stephen.
Speaker 6: And really that's really the when you have the best front office.
Speaker 2: Yes, is they make some things happen, Like the hell did they do that? Yes?
Speaker 5: So that's what everyone that's what everyone's crying for.
Speaker 3: And you can do it, but at some point you're gonna pay for it.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm knowing.
Speaker 4: If I'm seventy years old and things all that.
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, so what are the Rams worried about?
Speaker 2: They sold us soul and they paid for it and they got the Super Bowl though. All right, but but they're back in the hunt now.
Speaker 3: San Francisco sold their souls and look where they're at.
Speaker 2: Just now.
Speaker 3: Injury got eight Well excuse me, injuries may.
Speaker 2: Got us too, Yeah got them, they got us. Yeah. But the thing is the Rams soul they sold and was down for two years.
Speaker 6: That's why what if you but it worked, it's worth it if you may be down for two years.
Speaker 2: If you make it. If you make what if you would if you win it?
Speaker 4: If you win it ain't if with them they did it, and they were down and they back.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're probably one out of ten that pulled it off.
Speaker 2: Okay, make it win a new era.
Speaker 3: Okay. So you you're okay after winning that super Bowl that you don't have any more winning seasons for say four years?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You okay?
Speaker 2: I think that might be. I think I might be if you had won in twenty years.
Speaker 3: But what if you don't and you sold your soul?
Speaker 2: But you said last year or this year.
Speaker 4: I'm telling this right here, you have a better chance of setting out for a super Bowl than all of these smart people saying, hey, just lose and get first round picks for the next six years.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't you know?
Speaker 4: So, I mean it's it's Mick. Is is that what they call it? Six on one hand?
Speaker 2: Half do it's got a Which one would you like? Man? It's got to work. You know which one? I'm saying?
Speaker 3: What are the percentages of it working?
Speaker 2: Mick?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Mick, And you got a great point and a great altomy. But the question I'm asking you, we can go to break, Let's go to break the time A question for you on your show, Nicky shot shot.
Speaker 3: Mickey shot Micky Shots, and we're gonna continue with this man edition of mix shots on Dallas Cowboys dot what Apple whatever they drake.
Speaker 9: Hey all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Prescott kits. It slides with a first.
Speaker 8: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needles?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Star Sports two is the only official.
Speaker 6: Fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 5: Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 6: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday Night overtimes followed by Monday.
Speaker 2: Morning Swacker, Briskey and the Smoker.
Speaker 11: Miller Lite and the Cluck the America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 2: To Nicked Shutts.
Speaker 6: The Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, presented by the Nationwide, recognizes players who do so much more on the field, both on and off the field and in the community. Help Dallas Cowboys nominee Zach Martin raise funds for the National Medal of Honor Museum Foundation by casting your Charity Challenge, vote on NFL dot com slash Man of the Year or tweet your support using the hashtag w p m o Y Challenge. Voting ends on January sixth.
Speaker 2: Vote for Zach. That's Jack Martin, Zach Martin. That's Zack Martin. That's my boy. Now is Jack Martin President?
Speaker 4: The butcher baby from Bakersfield slaying things?
Speaker 2: Is that where he's no you California?
Speaker 4: Now Mickey has Mickey has made the choice off air, Yes, which way he would like to go the quick fix of the process. And I told him about the Philadelphia seventy six and he said he want to go with the quick fix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right there.
Speaker 3: And I asked her about the New York Mets too.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work. The only thing that can.
Speaker 3: At least in those sports money, well, yeah, this one you can't.
Speaker 4: But the thing the only thing that works is what Will McLay has been trying to do, and let's find out what his coordinators and position coaches want in a player and try to present the best player before them.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: The only problem we have is this thirty one other teams trying to get those players.
Speaker 2: That's the only problem.
Speaker 3: Though right now, because I know you get tired of hearing people you know, lose.
Speaker 2: And get a better Drens. I ain't about that. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys right now would draft number fourteen.
Speaker 2: I don't care get the best player.
Speaker 3: So I'm saying at fourteen, there's a lot of teams that are a lot worse than the Cowboys are. So this idea about losing to help your draft choice, it's only going to be a couple of spots and ain't gonna make any difference.
Speaker 6: You know, they act like they act as if you only have so many good players out there in the well in the.
Speaker 3: First round my favorite tour guide.
Speaker 5: And so that's what I don't understand.
Speaker 6: It's like you can't get the first player, so then the whole season, the whole draft to shot.
Speaker 3: Give these people a hand. They came out in the rain to come to.
Speaker 2: How y'all doing. Y'all could have waited on a better day to come out here, man, but go ahead on ever. I'm sorry, I don't even know they.
Speaker 3: We were talking about draft choice?
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, is there only just one good draft choice in the first round?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: I mean, they kill me with this.
Speaker 6: The Chicago fans upset because they you know, they're not getting it was some team that was upset that they weren't getting the first pick in the draft.
Speaker 5: The first pick is the only good pick in the first round.
Speaker 3: Well, Carolina did that to get the first pick, and they gave up the first pick the next I mean, come on, man.
Speaker 6: It's so ridiculous to chase that that rainbow.
Speaker 2: And can I give you an example of what you just said?
Speaker 4: They the Bears four years ago, five years ago, got a top pick. They got rid of the quarterback, y'all.
Speaker 2: This year they got another top pick. I listened to the people's Chicago.
Speaker 4: They're upset not only with the coach, but the new coach and the quarterback.
Speaker 2: The new quarterback. I'm like, come on around here.
Speaker 4: I say, now, y'all, if we have a lot, if we traged coaches and we dota a and this this is this, I say, you know the system change. I say, are you, as an announcer, are a talking head gonna come on.
Speaker 2: And say, hey, y'all be patient.
Speaker 4: This is what you go through when you have a new defensive coordinator, a new offensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: Y'all wanted you wanted this guy from this place. Well, he don't run the same system.
Speaker 4: So first of all, do you have the players that are smart enough and talent enough to so? I the question when I tell when I talk to people on the street, when I go to asking these questions, they won't they go from I watched the All twenty two intelligence and.
Speaker 2: Don't be ah, come on, man, think about what's what's transpiring here?
Speaker 6: You have you know what, let me be going, well, you know, let's let's what they want to happen. Is kind of like what happened back in eighty nine. Yes, just you know, sell the team. Well, of course not doing that, but you got an entirely new staff, entirely basically entirely new players.
Speaker 2: That that was. That was easy to do.
Speaker 6: Then, because first of all, we were only one in fifty well three and thirteen, three and thirteen that.
Speaker 2: That that no matter, it was more than we didn't get.
Speaker 3: Three seven and seven and eight went to seven and eight, seven and nine, seven and nine.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 6: And so you know it's easy to do that, then that that's warranted to do that then, because that's where we were.
Speaker 2: These guys seem to be rebuilding in the middle of a season. Yes, sir soft rebuild that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Yes, they're getting better as the chips are down, you know, when we still have emaciated uh roster.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so you know those kind of things. Can I stop you? Yeah? What's you lost?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 6: It wasn't e mascipatedd What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Because it's it stretched the balls? Yes, okay, geez it sounded like something terrible. Man mind and folks up against the walls up.
Speaker 3: He's the next Mark Jones, the guy that did the s m U game. How many big five words did he use? He used the word I think I've never heard in a football game.
Speaker 7: And I said, Okay, I know you've got a great vocabulary.
Speaker 2: Right, but the great vocabularies of the world. That's my listeners. So you're not I'm like, do you know this ain't Bill sitting over here anyway?
Speaker 6: Now that we know what that means, and I guess I said the correct. You know we have you know, we're not in the same position to.
Speaker 5: Where we can just strip the entire team, right.
Speaker 6: You know, Now you have to be very creative and you gotta be you gotta be smart strategic on who you keep and why you keep them and how you keep them.
Speaker 3: Okay, So having said that, and it is Christmas Eve, I want you guys to each give the Cowboys one present going forward.
Speaker 2: Keep Mike one.
Speaker 4: Keep Mike McCarthy, okay, ever since keep al has all right.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, I'm with you on both of these, and my gift would be somebody that can lay hands on this team and get it healthy.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, right away, Brol be hard.
Speaker 3: We yet go upstairs and start up prayer grab because you know what, I watched these other games and when I see San Francisco playing, it's all about, well, they've had all these injuries this year. No one says that about this, and they don't.
Speaker 6: You sit here with a backup quarterback, right yeah, So it's obvious right there.
Speaker 3: You got a backup quarterback, You've got backups at defensive end this past game and it worked.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Two backups at linebacker.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying it seems emaciated.
Speaker 3: So the title for this show is going to be Amaziations of the Emaciation.
Speaker 2: That's what I want to say this right quickly.
Speaker 4: When we stripped down the team, or mister Jones them stripped down the team back in the day, the first two and a half years, all we heard was sending back to Miami, we don't need no dude from Arkansas.
Speaker 2: I mean we heard. I mean they was ripping mister Jones.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm like, hold on now, I was here when you wanted coach and Andrey out of here.
Speaker 2: Telling about the game is passing by.
Speaker 4: Fans are never going to be satisfied because they pay their money for winning, and I understand that, but understanding this right here, ownership.
Speaker 2: I've heard distillers say.
Speaker 4: This, and I heard the Ravens management teams say this, especially when Ozzie was with the Ravens. I don't draft according to what the fans need. I draft according to what this team needs to be better.
Speaker 2: Never draft.
Speaker 4: We don't care what the fans think, because the fans are going to.
Speaker 2: Be there when you turn this thing around. To win.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that's why. And I said this yesterday. I give the fans at that game Sunday night credit for the way they supported a team that just got four hours early eliminated for the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Hey, and that team gave them all they had, right, they were busting these guys, and they appreciated when they.
Speaker 5: Showed it on the field. They showed it on the.
Speaker 3: Field, and I think there's something to be said. They've been listening to me for those people.
Speaker 5: Right talking about talking about listening to.
Speaker 3: Him, ninety three thousands have done on this little stretch.
Speaker 2: Two things they've done.
Speaker 6: And you mentioned what time of possession right, and what I always mentioned, our penalties and mistakes.
Speaker 4: Have got down and no turnovers Brough and no turkes and.
Speaker 3: Mistake takeaways in bundles these last five games.
Speaker 5: So they've gone it started. It started with the time of possession.
Speaker 4: That's the only thing that I'm just the only thing that I'm really just pointed in.
Speaker 2: About this season is partially said he has signed for thirdy.
Speaker 4: I don't know why Jerry and knocked his house kind of getting signed.
Speaker 12: Words are cheap right over, Hey, it's all years you said you said that I don't need forty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone heard, yes, well his age are probably just yeah, this kid not signing for a part.
Speaker 3: It's one thing and everybody jumped on it, and it's one thing to say it. That's another thing to do it right.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: I am so happy for this team, and I am, but y'all know, my only goal is all season. Don't tell me who we didn't sign. Tell me how many have we signed. That's the only thing I want to know.
Speaker 2: Get them back.
Speaker 3: That'll that will help the future. It'll help to get injured guys back, and you know the couple. There's no guarantees that it's all going to work out, you know, with the Marvi and overshown right. That's that's what I keep telling you what what what Trayvon Diggs, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, that's what I keep telling folks.
Speaker 3: That that and you know that.
Speaker 4: And we still got the kid we lost in training camp, Sam Williams. Sam Williams, we don't know is he still gonna have his explosiveness. That's why I continue to ruin everybody show, including mine, with this what I ruined y'all show?
Speaker 2: We today? Yeah, sign them back?
Speaker 3: Well you you hope you can, yes, and you hope those guys can come back and actually play the.
Speaker 2: Same thing if I get to Jersey sign them back.
Speaker 3: You know, there's no guarantee either. On now they think Dak will be fine. I'm worried, but there's no guarante.
Speaker 2: I am worried about that. Well.
Speaker 4: I saw him come out of the press box with all the coaches and he.
Speaker 2: Didn't have his cane and nothing. He was just he was going with the coach.
Speaker 3: The week before in Carolina he was still on crutches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but did he was?
Speaker 4: He was going yeah, Yeah, I'm like, what's what?
Speaker 3: He could barely walk up the stairs.
Speaker 2: But they got elevators. Hell, Caroline need to upgrade at the airport.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Carolina, Washington, man, y'all ought to be But I'm glad y'all voted on y'all stadium moving back to RFK because that dump y'all built was worse than the dump.
Speaker 2: You got out of. Horrible. Well, I heard it's horrible. Man.
Speaker 4: They can't if you know how they flush all the toilets at once. They had a major backup and it ain't been right since.
Speaker 3: Remind you of both of you the final game in eighty nine when the toilets froze at Texas.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, wow, that was a perfect end. Should have stayed in South DoD of perfect missus Brown perfectly into a perfect season.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, thanks a lot, all right, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Thanks you man, Thank you man, Christmas Man.
Speaker 3: Good to have you.
Speaker 2: Coach Efverson, Joseph Nicky Joseph, what.
Speaker 3: Oh grambling boy, you can change gears and hurry.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't like. That's why trying to get rid of me on my show. He's trying to give me. I'm ready for it. You need to give them Christmas kid, donate by three billion dollars.
Speaker 3: They need nil. All right, we'll be back Thursday here on nick shots. Hopefully everybody Christmas Eve and a Christmas Day, and don't listen to Nate all the time. We'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Take care, go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.