Speaker 1: Man, what's handed?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: You got more? Shawn be Small Lynch.
Speaker 4: Doug Hendrickson and Gavin knew something.
Speaker 1: You're listening to politics.
Speaker 3: You know to be you known to be.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: Gavin, you know Marshawn here has not slept all night, and truth be told, I just got myself an or ring, and you know me, I haven't slept much in the last ten years of my life. So I get to or ring, and lately the results have been a little alarming. Okay, every morning I wake up and my r em in deep sleep is like thirty minutes and ten minutes and it's blinking saying you better go. Like it's almost like a car needs service, oil needs change, they said, like alert you got some serious issues.
Speaker 1: You didn't need a ring for that. Doug.
Speaker 2: Well, and I want this to be noted. You said within the n all fresh a long blood. You said within the last ten years. And I've been retired for ten years, so I don't want to hear nothing about that.
Speaker 3: Oh more, Shure, you took ten years off my life.
Speaker 2: I'm waking up and there's none the third Now, that's just how you've been getting down. So I actually was helping you to be there.
Speaker 4: Were helping me.
Speaker 5: But anyways, Gavin, this ring is the worst thing in my life because it's showing when I wake up.
Speaker 4: Like last night, I had three hours.
Speaker 5: And thirty six minutes to sleep in about twelve minutes of our am sleep. Sorry, Gavin, you only got seven and a half hours. You're a little tired right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh, it was nine and a half if you want to really know. Yeah, and after sleep that loan, Well, what happens after I you know, the massage in the morning, I get a little Yeah, it takes me a little while to wake up from the massage early morning.
Speaker 2: Is you flexing right now or is you busting jokes?
Speaker 1: Come on, I've already been on a marathon. I've already been working out whole thing.
Speaker 3: I get my workout after this. Gvin.
Speaker 4: Did you do the cold this morning in the hotel? Did you put some ice in there?
Speaker 3: No? Yeah? Cold?
Speaker 1: If you if you knew what hotel I was at, there ain't no cold tubs here, brother.
Speaker 3: But you can make that. You just throw this. You just get one of these right here? Are you?
Speaker 1: By the way, Marshall? Wait, cold tub? Put your finger in there? But that, like, was that a thing back in the day. I mean, you're acting like you're the old guy ten years retired, which you ain't ten years retire. But were you guys cold plunging all the time or is this some new fat man.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do the if it was the extremes, I couldn't do hot tub cold tubs. Hell no, I could never do the extremes. But neat for sure. Shit, but I will tell you this, though we used to do a lot of massages. I'll probably get anywhere from four to five massages a week.
Speaker 1: Was that I mean right after the game? Or is that part of the whole nine staff or is that just is that your own dime on time?
Speaker 3: Yeah? This was outside of the philis, outside the facility.
Speaker 4: See see Marshan.
Speaker 5: The difference between me and Guy and is Guy was more of the new school athlete. He needs a lot of uh you know, massages, cold plunges, uh sauna, red lights and what e m F.
Speaker 4: We just go play.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that is, but it sounds I saw it on some video.
Speaker 3: Doug Lowchi low key trying to call you so bron Marshaun.
Speaker 4: You and I we just spent on it. We just spent on that thing.
Speaker 3: Go, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Man, Look, the funniest thing is we had some some ogs from down south, uh, first coming to league, and I used to bust these jokes and ship like yeah, man, put.
Speaker 3: Some robotesting on, put some robot testing on it.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm hurt. I think I broke my leg. Shut the fuck up. Put some ropo testing on it. Everything was, put some robo testing on it. I just remember my grandma for whatever, for whatever, she had some robot testing.
Speaker 5: Or marshawn govin. You remember we had the icy hot stuff. Remember the icy hot icy hot.
Speaker 1: It was uh yeah, I mean Jesus robot I mean, I just I remember the two aspirins. But robotestin. That's good NFL thing, brother. I like that now that you're right now. They got them all in. You know, they fly him to Norway for treatments. Uh, you know what, they're always overseas. What the hell is going on in the NFL? Everyone flies overseas? Oh shit, Aaron Rodgers overseas.
Speaker 2: Everybody that's little. Look see now that now that's some different ship. But I will tell you I remember this was. I think this was like mine maybe mine my second or my third year. I had my brother there, man shout out sitting to Sydney Rice. He had got hurt in uh, like the first second quarter of the game. So we come in at halftime. You feel me, Bro, you good? Like, hell no, Man, like, I'm out. I'm like, oh damn. He's like, no, I'm out. What the fuck you mean? You out like you ain't gonna finish the game, right, He's like no, Now, I'm out. On my way to the airport. I'm about to fire the Switzerland. What the you mean finished fly to Switzerland. You're like, man, yeah, they got this uh, they got this treatment out there that I could use, and I'll just be out.
Speaker 3: For like two weeks.
Speaker 2: I say, what the fuck, bro, I'm about to get ready to go back out here for the second half. And you talk about you Finn fly the Switzerland.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you got to legalize stem cells in the US. Everyone goes to pano.
Speaker 3: That's what it's for.
Speaker 1: It was stem cells.
Speaker 2: The mother went to Switzerland in the in the middle of the motherfucking game.
Speaker 1: In the middle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he left in the middle of the game. I have had clients to that.
Speaker 3: I know well.
Speaker 1: Marshawn you never left in the middle of a game.
Speaker 2: For any reason. Nah, hell no, I wouldn't. No, that was that was some of the moment what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Game. Probably I probably left towards the end of the game.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jesus you man, there was there was one game. I can't really was in Chicago. Moreshawn didn't get off the training table. I remember John at a call. I see Morshawn's not getting off the table. He had something wrong with you.
Speaker 3: Remember that was Kansas City.
Speaker 4: We got wood in the waiting room.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Hello, there's Woody.
Speaker 6: How's it going.
Speaker 1: We're raging against the Cincinnati Bengals and your name came up.
Speaker 6: Oh right, Yeah, they've been doing pretty good.
Speaker 1: Pretty good, pretty good. Thanks for joining us, buddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Woody.
Speaker 5: We got the governor up at six forty five in the morning, California time. He hasn't been up this really, I don't know how long. Man, he's loving life.
Speaker 1: Christ I didn't even go to bed. Give me a break, Give me a break.
Speaker 3: Damn, bro.
Speaker 2: I wish I could shake your hand, brou.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd like to shake yours too, mon Shawn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're so stupid.
Speaker 3: Be Lee.
Speaker 2: Every time I see that's the brother, I swear that that. Oh my god, man dash Ship is fucking Larry is Dog. I grew up on that, Thank you. I grew up on that.
Speaker 5: Well more, Shawn, let me uh, let me Welcome to our great new podcast. The three time Academy Award nominee who starred in iconic movies People Versus Larry Flint, White Man Can't Jump, I can, A lot of people can't, The Edge of seventeen and epic roles as Woody and Sheers, and the hit show True Detective. Also hosts one of the top podcasts on the planet, Wherever It Knows Your Name, sometimes with Ted Dancing and Woody, the owner of two of my favorite places in California, Holy Water in the Woods. Yes, I am a customer, the legendary Woody had Welcome toicket.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: I hope I can live up to that intro.
Speaker 3: G A motherfucking g.
Speaker 4: So, Woody, how is how is Budapest right now?
Speaker 6: It's actually pretty great. I like it here. This is a it's a beautiful city and the people are really cool.
Speaker 1: First time out there, would he?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, I've been out here for six weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's pretty What do you got gone there? My seawan?
Speaker 2: Honestly, man, a little something to calm my nerves. Man, I'm meaning a fucking legend. So I needed to make sure that I was right.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm gonna have to get you over to the woods.
Speaker 2: Dude, Man, he look, it'll be a motherfucking honor.
Speaker 5: He's in l A right now. He can pop over after he's done taping some shows today, would he?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Great? Just right in?
Speaker 3: We out all right? Matter of fact, you know what, I think I can make that work?
Speaker 1: What he By the way, when did you when did you open that place? What? What was uh? What what was the inspiration for that place?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, a buddy of mine, some great guy, he'd been he'd been wanting to get me involved for years because, uh he had some uh dispensaries that he is already operating. And so he asked me if he kept asking me to try to do it, and I wouldn't. I didn't think I should do it. But then I saw this place, which is literally it's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: It's a it's a consumption lounge too.
Speaker 3: Consumption.
Speaker 6: We call it the uh donja giggle Garden Back there and we have uh, you know, we have coy ponds, macaws, tropical fauna, it's greenery. It's like, literally, this is the most beautiful dispensary in the world. Everyone who goes there says the same thing.
Speaker 5: So, Gavin, picture picture us in Costa Rica with that little buddhistatue and some tiki wood, like you're in Bali.
Speaker 1: That's what it's like.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: And by the way, I spent a good Sunday afternoon back there for about four hours, not a good time with Yes, I did.
Speaker 6: Well, Doug, you're gonna have to let me know next time you shoot over there.
Speaker 2: I will for sure you got some good edibles, because there's there's we got.
Speaker 6: We got all of it. We got everything you need for sure.
Speaker 2: Then look, because I gotta, I gotta, I gotta. I got a brand called Doty. We might yeah, we might have to get some doughty in there.
Speaker 6: Then yeah, we'll bring it on over and show it to the guys. You know what, if you're gonna go, I gotta tell my buddy so that he's ready for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my partner, But is that the Doty? What the hell is that? March on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good doughty right there.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that looks pretty good, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all above my pay grade. Literally, I'm the odd man out with this crew.
Speaker 2: Jesus, don't trip, Gavin. We're gonna get you a blunt and.
Speaker 1: I go give me a couple of I gotta get turned out before I'm seeing hanging out with you.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna look, I'm gonna tell you like this. I'm gonna tell you like this on your turnout. I'm gonna be right there waiting for you.
Speaker 1: Will It's like coming right out of prison or something. It's it's a scene right relief release date.
Speaker 5: What you never you never thought this podcast? The Governor and Agent and and b some mode Woody and we talked about everything. I mean, we're trying to get to your level at your podcast, Woody, but we've had fun doing it.
Speaker 6: That's cool. No, I uh yeah, I saw one you did. It's really good. I really like the way you guys interact and it's cool when you're doing that. Governor. I'm I'm really psyched you're connected with these guys and making a.
Speaker 1: Dent, not hanging out with lobbyists, not hanging out, you know, in the halls of the Capitol.
Speaker 2: Come on, brother, big these my keys man, not the one that that that made them, but the one that raised them.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. I'm trying to get them right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, Woody, before we get back to the your great places in LA I had a question for you as an agent. You know, you look at some of these young kids come in the NFL that I represent, and and you're going back to your start, you know, when you out on Sheers Is in your early twenties, and the fame you had back then and the stardom, was it hard looking back and kind of jumping right in and here you are one of the famous shows of all time.
Speaker 4: Did you were you equipped to deal without the right way back then? Looking back?
Speaker 6: No, No, not at all. I think it's a very difficult prospect.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: You know you've seen it. You've seen it with all these people you represent. Once they get their head full of fame. And I always say, look, it's no problem people telling you you're great, that's fantastic. The problem is when you start to believe it. You know, you need to not you know, to get sucked into this. It's really it's a battle against the ego and I mean I faced it. I still face it. You know, it's just a it's a really difficult battle. You know, everybody telling you you're the cats meow and you and you just gotta try to not absorb it.
Speaker 3: They catch me out. That's that's a new one.
Speaker 5: And did you and did you have good advisors back then wood as far as agents and managers helped the money and all that early on, or you just kind of jumped right in and kind of learned as you went.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I kind of learned as I went. But now I got a great team. But Marshawn, you must have had to deal with that in a big way. You know, everybody telling you how great you are, and if you, uh, you know, if you just start to look feel superior to everyone, then you're then you're in trouble, all of you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I had. I had to be honest with you. I had. I had a great team.
Speaker 2: And it was really, uh, it was really my family, Like I had some good family members throughout my process that really, you know, kept me level headed. So it was very, very, very much interesting. But my mom, on the other hand, that's a different story because she took that shit, and she ran with it. And now I would believe my mother's my mama more famous than I am.
Speaker 3: Everybody know and love Mama Lanch.
Speaker 4: But what do you hear's a great story about Marshawn. You know it's been.
Speaker 5: It's been knowing Marshawn has saved most of his money and just spent endorsement money. And he's always kind of gone to me and my wife actually about some big purchases. One year they win the Super Bowl. He says, hey, fresh, they call me fresh. It's fresh. I really want this Lambeau And I said, how much is it? He says six twenty five and six six twenty five fucking thousand. He's like yeah, I said, hell, No, hung up the phone.
Speaker 4: I said no.
Speaker 5: He called me back a couple weeks later, Dude, I really want this lamba And I said, Marshawn, it's six hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. No, call me again, and I said, Marshawn. He said, look, Doug, I don't ask for a lot, but like, I really want this car.
Speaker 4: I saw, here's the deal.
Speaker 5: You got three appearances, two and a grand apiece that if you do these three appearances, for the six hundred, then buy the car because you didn't want to do them.
Speaker 4: I said, okay, go do them. And he did it.
Speaker 5: And one was like an autograph thing, one was something else. And he bought the car. Uh lime, lime green Lamborghini. He said, some kind of green, looks.
Speaker 1: Like a skittle, looks like one big skittle.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that was just one big purchase advice you ever had.
Speaker 4: But he did it. The three appearances.
Speaker 2: Why you out here airing out seek this is what happened.
Speaker 1: I love, you have to beg doug for you know, spend your own damn money. Man.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's not it. So so I called. I called Shylyn. She was like, nah, I just don't think it. You know, it makes sense. And at the time I was stuck in his mindset where I'm still in, Like if I came, buy it twice and be comfortable.
Speaker 3: Then I then I don't do it.
Speaker 2: And when I did those, I was at a point in time where I could do it twice and it wouldn't be no, I mean, wouldn't be too much of an issue.
Speaker 3: So I pulled the trigger on him.
Speaker 6: What and uh, has that been a gratifying thing? For you.
Speaker 3: Oh it's still I still got it.
Speaker 1: That was the wrong answer. Would he he was supposed to say material things don't move me anymore more spiritual.
Speaker 2: That's my baby, man, that's my baby.
Speaker 1: By the way, Would he just back to fame? I mean you you, I think the first time you you don't even know this. I was a kid running around and Hannah at the Hannah Airport with uh with I think Chris Christofferson and this guy James Meeker, Jimmy Meeker, jim jj Meeker and uh and and and met you many many moons ago. But you've been out in Hawaii for forever. I mean, is that I mean, is that part of sort of the I mean we talk about the spirituality, talk about being level headed, talking about addressing the issues of fame and not getting too full of yourself. You've notably sort of pulled away from being in the center of that spotlight, at least out here in California, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, I went to uh MAUI.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they they don't They just don't care about that kind of thing. So it's really it's cool. Uh. But then you know, now I've been more in Austin, Uh, you know, I still go to Maui as well, but I've been more in Austin, and I gotta say it's just a better, better life. It's it's hard moving in LA. Just the traffic alone is its brewal. Although I do have a motorcycle. But uh anyway, what uh what were you doing there?
Speaker 1: We're involved in the Hontera rats. We're still involved in the Honter ratch.
Speaker 6: Oh that's right. Yeah, so I met you. We talked about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a long time, long time, but you were out there, but you were you were a Hawaii guy for a long time though, right, I mean you spent a decent part of your life out there, right, oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And I was in Costa Rica before that. I just decided I wasn't gonna raise my kids in l A. You know, I just I couldn't do that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: That makes me.
Speaker 2: That made me feel a little better because I went and got me a spot in uh uh wild Lure out there close to North Shore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's exactly what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's the quality of life out there is solid as fuck. Like you, I mean, I can get up, go walk through the food trucks, and I mean, don't nobody care. Hey, what's up one time?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: Everybody, everybody, I'm picturing you on the surfboard.
Speaker 2: Oh hell no, man, I don't know why, but that water in that damn board and my because I got impeccable balance. I mean, my balance is ommaculate. But for whatever I get up on that damn board, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 6: But it is worth it.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to though.
Speaker 1: One thing. Talking about trying things and and and can't do it. I mean, you've you've belie that in your career, You've you've been a risk taker, You've tried. You've been across the genres in terms of comedy and drama. You've worked with some of the most iconic actors obviously uh, directors, Uh, and you know, I mean obviously something like deep drive that motivates you, that still has you going after all these years. Doug did the intro. We could have still been talking about your bio and all these extraordinary movies you've been in, but you're still at it. You're out there right now filming. Uh. You could dial it up, you can. You can hang out in Austin with those three kids, retire, But what's what's the drive what's the motivation you're still trying to beat up? Where where's that balance in terms of your own personal ambitions, the ego you talk about the ego, uh, your own desire to sort of be fully expressive. Where are you on that journey?
Speaker 6: Well, that's a good question. Uh, you know, I I guess I feel you know, there's just so many good things, good stories. You know, I'm really I'm a story teller in a way, you know, so I just want to be a part of these stories. And they just they keep coming down the pipe. I can't even keep track of them all. It's like I feel extremely blessed to you know, just continue to you know, continue to work, to continue to do what I love. But I do love it. I mean I would if I hit the lottery, I could hit that California lottery, I'd still be doing it.
Speaker 3: You know, what's been your favorite project?
Speaker 6: My favorite? I mean, they're all my babies. You know, they're a man.
Speaker 2: I'm really hung on this White Man can't jump? Do you really ball?
Speaker 6: I love that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah. I In fact, I've been balling here on Sundays, playing folk court. You know, I went from you know, I've been playing a lot of you know, paddle with the glass back and the sides. I've been playing a lot of but but I got into, you know, playing hoops again and full cord, and I was like, oh my god, now that's some cardio. You goddamn some cardio are you playing?
Speaker 2: I play a little hoop just just just to get cardio in more of more of a defensive player. I'm like a Draymond Green out there just fouling the ship out of everybody.
Speaker 3: Can.
Speaker 1: I can can, Doug and I go on record, we're two white men that can jump. Just for the record, man, Gab.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Hill, Yes, yes, Gavin, we know I can't.
Speaker 1: Canon could are kind of adjacent words.
Speaker 6: You guys are still playing? Are you still playing hoops?
Speaker 4: Playing a little bit? Yeah, playing a little bit.
Speaker 1: But still I'm a baseball guy, Woodie. I can still go out. I mean, you get me out there, home run derby or something.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to play strikeout, dn Gab.
Speaker 4: So I play.
Speaker 3: I played.
Speaker 5: I played baseball and basketball in college, and I played against those great Vegas teams, and never forget playing against Stacy Augman and Larry Johnson and Stacy Augman comes down one time.
Speaker 4: I mean, this fucker jumps right over me and I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: I got the I got the block, and this guy, this guy didn't even touch me.
Speaker 4: I said, Okay, this game is not long for me, you know what I mean? Hey, let me ask a question. We always say on the show.
Speaker 5: Are my tagline at Marshawn's is almost like run borrow time And and what we love is a lot of people in this world live to work, and a lot of people work to live.
Speaker 4: We've all been blessed to live to work.
Speaker 5: Although Gavin sometimes probably thinks he works to live because his job sometimes will get to him.
Speaker 4: But me and Marshawn at least live to work. And I know you do too.
Speaker 5: Uh take me through the cell phone thing, because I'm no bullshit. I get probably twelve hundred texts a day, so when I do walk away as an Asian, I can't wait to take this phone and throw this thing away.
Speaker 4: And you've lived without a cell phone.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that is that true?
Speaker 4: I love that?
Speaker 6: Yes us to five years now four and a half years maybe. Uh yeah, I just was it became like another appendage and I was just I was using it too much and then my daughter dnister, and she gave up her phone and and and I said, you know, I got to do that, And she says when, And I was like, oh, I don't know. Two weeks two weeks later.
Speaker 3: And got rid of it.
Speaker 6: Got rid of it.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to wing myself off of it. So I went and got one of these.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well better better Huh.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to wing myself off of it.
Speaker 1: So you got a dumb phone, not a smartphone, Ma, Sean.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 5: So what do you how do you how do you then communicate and keep in touch with everybody? What's the what's the is the old school house phone?
Speaker 6: I shall email, but it's a it's a long ways from like the zones of things from texting and what's happened and everything that used to just you know, overwhelm me. And you know, like I just had a whole pilla home work that I couldn't address. Well, yeah, you gotta be feeling that, big time, Governor.
Speaker 1: No, it's interesting. I mean I'm feeling in a different way, which you'll appreciate. And I love the story about your daughter. I've got four kids, and two of them with the cell phones. I can't take it, Woodie, I can't and they don't listen to me. We had a contract. I literally did a three page contract. I went to this, I went. She turns fourteen. We go to the Verizon store. She's emotional. I'm emotional. She calls me, I'm the first call she ever made. Right there in front of the manager. She's looking at us like we're nuts. We're both crying. We take a picture together. She promises and pledges based on the contract, to never break it, no bullshit. Three days later we were doing an addendum to the contract and then the whole good thing throwing out. So what I just did, wouldie? It's great to be governor, brother? What did I just do? I banned cell phones at least in schools, And now she doesn't talk to me. She can't stand me. So happy about that, dad, Just this.
Speaker 6: Week, you did that. That is just happened. Yeah, that's fantastic.
Speaker 1: No, it's like bringing it. It's like we're I mean, you know, Marshaun, I know you're the young guy, but like what a he dug and I going to school back in the day with a TV set or something. I mean, these things are literally they're supercomputers. And we never let a kid walk into school with a TV set. I mean they sit there on YouTube all the all day and all these damn apps. To your point, you said, anyway, well done, Weddy, well done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big ass box TV with that VCR in there, you roll that in there. Oh, you know it's gonna be a good day class.
Speaker 6: No, I tell you, it seems like it takes precedent over any Like you could be sitting there talking to someone, but always that phone has pressing. Oh I got a call, so okay, go ahead. I thought we were talking. I frequently say to people when they get on their phone, like as we're talking, and I said, listen, can you can you say hi to whoever you're talking about and talking to and tell them? You know, I really wish I had your undivided attention like they do. It's made jump inside the phone for that to happen.
Speaker 4: No, but what is sad? You walked through the airports and I did.
Speaker 5: The day I did that, I was kind of I had some time I was walking through and no bullshit, I think everybody in the entire airport was on their phone.
Speaker 4: Nobody.
Speaker 5: People don't even order food without being on their phone. No one's talking. Everybody's got their phone, whether it be sitting down waiting for the flight, walking to terminal. I'm like, this is this could be a great movie right there. I mean, not one person does not have a phone on.
Speaker 3: They make it.
Speaker 2: They make you get that QR code where you got to take a picture of it to order your food.
Speaker 3: They got your boarding pass on the phone.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's so much shit going on it make it so impersonal.
Speaker 4: And so what he grown up? Grown up in Texas?
Speaker 3: What were you?
Speaker 5: Did you play football? Were a football fan or what'd you play growing up?
Speaker 6: Well, when I I got this, I didn't play then because I was there till twelve and then we moved. Ohigh. But then I did start playing football and basketball, and I did some track and I also did a little bit of wrestling. Uh you know, I don't like to say it, but kind of an all round athlete.
Speaker 1: No, we go, there we go.
Speaker 6: But I also did another movie you might want to check out called Champions and it's a basketball movie as well, and it's it's one of my favorite movies I've done.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: By the way, how did you get into this? I mean, I mean obviously as a world class athlete. As a kid, I mean, you know, it was hard. I'm sure to move in the acting direction. But was there an acting bug and acting coach? Was there someone you wanted to be when you're growing up and you're like, that's that's that's my north star? How did this whole thing start?
Speaker 6: Well, you know what happened. I didn't have the itch. I was in high school and at one point after Elvis died. This is really showing you how old I am because I was in high school at the time, and then I got this. Uh you know, you used to be able to send away to the TV guide. You send a nickel and you get five records, but you got to buy him the rest of your life. And I got one of them was Elvis's Olden Golden Oldies. And I never used to sing in you know, public or anything to other people, but except for sometimes on the football bus. So cut to I'm in that library and it's before Christmas, and there's a lot of people in there and it's very bestive kind of atmosphere, and they're like, what do you do your Elvis? A couple of guys from the team and I'm like, there's a lot of people in here. I can't do my house well, just do it quiet. I don't know how to do it quiet. And there's like, come on, man, anyway, thank god they convinced me. So I was like, bless my soul, who was wrong with me? How many the fuzzy tree? My friend sending him out? Wild? Is the boom and love? I'm and anyway, I start. Everybody starts coming around and they're like clapping, and before you know it, I jump up on the table and my hotbeat. So he's scarce, you know, and the librarians clapping. At the end, everybody claps and up comes uh and the clapping did help. And then up comes Robin Rogers, who's, you know, one of the most beautiful girls in the school going out with you know, like marsh On, like the greatest athletes and uh and and she says, I'm robbing Rogers. I say, I know, I know who you are. She's I'm the vice president of the drama club, and I think you should come try out for the theater. And that changed my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that was it.
Speaker 5: And then and then you go from cheers to a decent proposal, which is I mean, that line is still comes up today thirty five forty years later in terms of that whole process.
Speaker 4: So that's incredible, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I was while I was on Cheers, I must say, because I was on six years before I got to do a movie, and it was a harder thing back then to transition into movies, and I was really starting to feel like, Okay, I guess my only part is what he boy did. I'll never do anything else. It was really kind of looking that way. So it was a real awesome thing when I, you know, got to well, first I did doc Hollywood Michael J. Fox, and then I did White Men Can't Jump, and then Indecent Proposal, and then and then Natural Born Killers, and then you know, I just kept luckily going on. But yeah, you know, lucky lucky.
Speaker 3: I wasn't working way with Wesley.
Speaker 6: Oh great. I love him. Just an amazing guy. Funny, really funy.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 2: I had a I was at some the thing for the Super Bowl in Vegas and I ran in to him and I'm like, oh ship, like like damn all was you know, kind of like starstrucking ship and you know, I'm I'm I'm like big on fucking with people.
Speaker 3: So I did my hands like this.
Speaker 2: In the full mold, like I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh shit, He's like, yeah, what you thought? I wasn't ready?
Speaker 6: Ship.
Speaker 2: I heard about you. They call you Beachmoe or something. I'm like, oh, Ship, Like I thought he was going to kick this ship out of me or something. Though, I'm like, damn, Like you still move like that, like oh that shit was hell of funny, Like god damn.
Speaker 6: But oh yeah, he's like a seven degree black belt man, I mean he is, and it's the truth, Like still yeah, yeah, amazing.
Speaker 1: Got hey what he with all these I mean, you know, with the Coen Brothers obviously you know Oliverus. I mean some you know, next level greatness. But there's got to be I imagine somebody you haven't worked with that you're hoping to work with, a project that you sort of you're trying to sort of position yourself or just like spiritually figure out a way to land there. Or are you just at a point where now it's like, man, whatever happens happens, you feel like you you know, you've proven things to yourself, or I mean, is there something you really you're really hoping to conquer next or work or someone work with next.
Speaker 6: Well, I've been I've been writing a musical believe it or not, and uh so I want to make that happen. You know, it's all moving forward. But uh in terms of and i'd like to work with, I think probably like Paul Thomas Anderson or you know Scorsese, you know that kind of thing, would be Guarantino, you know that kind of I just worked with Jim Brooks, who's a good buddy of mine, but I always did want to work with them. So yeah, so yeah, there's just there's great directors. There's more, you know, there's actors I'd like to work with, but the great directors really excite me.
Speaker 5: You know, Hey, Woody, we got a great up and coming actor here. I was, you know, from Marshawn and the movie Bottoms, and he's going to film a movie next week and it's funny.
Speaker 4: Would he No? Bullshit?
Speaker 5: There's like three or four kids that came up to Marshawn at my daughter's game, a volleyball game in Vegas the summer and said, hey, aren't you the guy from Bottoms? And now Marshawan. People are not they're not remembering the football career, but the movie career. So number one, we need to do something with you and Marshawn Woody that would be epic, you guys, may be a road trip through Budapest or Bali or something.
Speaker 3: You got.
Speaker 2: You gotta you gotta let me get my you gotta let me get my steps here first, You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: But what advice would you give him starting out as a young actor, not so young kind of young.
Speaker 6: It sounds like he's been good already. But uh no, I don't, I don't. I mean, I just said I don't know, like I guess. Uh. I always thought theater was a helpful way to figure out how to do this ship, you know, but I don't know if you're gonna want to do theater. But if you're doing movies already, why not just stay the course.
Speaker 5: Why don't we get your buddy, your buddy McConaughey and Marshawn and you three can do it, do a killer.
Speaker 4: He's get in the airstream and go, well, you know, me.
Speaker 6: And Matthew are We're going to start in February a show together called Brothers where we play ourselves. Yeah, yeah, and yeah. So you know Marshawn might want to slip through on that when that's in Austin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Like I said, it would be a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I run by your by your your consumption lounge and then I could go down there, get my mind right and then and get some big fucking ideas.
Speaker 6: There you go happy to You know, I gotta get your info, and you know, but we gotta we gotta be able to continue this conversation. But while we're on the subject, we're on the subject.
Speaker 1: I mean, what he's about to say, if you're hungry, go down there. He's gonna say, what what are you gonna say? This coming?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got permid You're hungry, are thirsty? Thirsty Jesus. But I do think that you know that bill you got. I guess ab seventeen seventy five.
Speaker 1: You remember the bill of her that you were.
Speaker 6: That's a crucial one. I mean, I got to say, you know, I have the most beautiful dispensary in the world, no question, And we were struggling just to get by. The taxes are insane, the excise taxes fifteen percent of total taxes, around thirty five And you got like you got you got dispensaries folding all around the state. You got from thirty eight hundred growers, one thousand of them this year did not renew their licenses. I mean, the whole legal businesses struggling and were being made extinct by the overregulation and the crazy taxes. Like nobody. How was it that just two months ago the guns were not no excise hacks on guns and ammunition until July. And that's now eleven percent. We're at fifteen percent and you're talking about jumping it up to nineteen percent. Now I've become one of those guys who's always in your ear.
Speaker 3: I know that's all good.
Speaker 1: That God, by the way, hit him again.
Speaker 6: Close our doors. It's I mean, who's gonna If the most beautiful dispensary can't make it, then this whole end here, you doo, And I will say one other thing. It's crazy that people don't be Why is bars can stay open till two am, but dispensary's gotta close by ten crime?
Speaker 1: Let's unpack this.
Speaker 6: You can't get a pothead off the couch. I mean, you know, I mean, we're not committing crime.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's unpack this. Marshaan Doug, I'm about to unpack this.
Speaker 5: Let's unack layers a lot of layers, Woody, to what you did before you begin. Govin, don't take away in my Sunday afternoon chill spot. Govin, don't take away my Sunday happy spot.
Speaker 3: And let me go ahead and file up that.
Speaker 1: Ye know, how the hell did I end up with you three on this damn topic?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: First of all, Woody, you're dealing with the guy that did the initiative to legalize, Okay, So I just want to know who we're dealing with contextually while you bring up oh shit.
Speaker 6: I want to pat you on the back.
Speaker 1: Okay, But that's serious, man. I mean a lot of politicians back then. I mean now everybody's rushing and saying they were always on board, but no one wanted to touch this issue. And we took it on in the biggest state in the country. And we were also mindful that Colorado was the only other state. We want to learn the lessons on the taxation, and we have state taxes. Here's the key state taxes that were a step lower out of concern about the over taxation regulation that said, here's the thing that became the biggest challenge and is currently the biggest charge localism, meaning we had to allow the cities to have flexibility and their own regulatory framework. California is so big. That was part of the agreement. And then they're layering taxes on top of the state taxes and regulations in terms of time matner in place along the lines of what you just said at the local level and that stuff that we can't necessarily unpack, so we can control. We can control. That said, I'm deeply mindful we have cannabis cafes in California. People think this is a cannadi's cafe bill. We have them, but the cafe side, you can only bring in food prepackaged food. You can't make food on the premises. And so this bill, what he is referring to, would allow us to prepare food on site and also allow ticketed events so you can have some entertainment as well. And so you know, I'm processing it. We're also reforming. We got to reform the whole system. Couldn't agree with you more. We recognize that the world we created is competing now against us because a lot of unintended consequences what we did, the illegal Marke. It is still proliferating, and a lot of these growers are struggling. So all that being said, I got what seventy two hours figure out what the hell to do with this bill? But uh, you made it.
Speaker 6: Well, just let us, Yeah, I mean you're gonna not let stoners get hydrated and have munchies. I mean they don't make sense. What harm could it do? And what harm could it do to stay open after ten o'clock at night. I got a suggestion. I gotta suggest you have me and Doug and Marshall. Why don't you have the three of us be part of your cannabis committee? Will be, I'll go down to Sacramento. I'm a busy motherful I'll come. I'll go down there. We'll go down and we will figure this ship out with you, and we'll have fun at the same time.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: So you say we're gonna solve a problem and have fun, I ain't interested. I ain't I forget about that. Yeah, Now, we want to create problems, and then we want to we want to blame other people, and then we want to hire lobbyists to to to screw them up even more.
Speaker 5: But Woody, that's a great idea, We'll throw a good friend Snoop on the committee, So be me, you Snoop and Marshawn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how the hell?
Speaker 4: What do you how?
Speaker 1: How do you think it's possible with it with all of you surrounding me and guys like that, I'm not going to sign this damn bill. How do you think it's possible. I didn't say what I was going to do. I just said, how do you think?
Speaker 5: Hey, but but Woody, you'll love this and I'm not diverting from this that diplomatic Hey, Woody, my my biggest pet peeve of the NFL has been all these years. When so when Marshawn was playing, you know you could go you could go drink Hennessy or tequila or Jack Daniels after games your body's broken down, but you couldn't smoke pot. They'll give you tort all shots, long ass fucking needles and shoot you up with all the damage, but you can't smoke weed. So I was one of the biggest proponents going to the NFL. So wait a minute, you can't. You can't sit there and smoke after a game. Would you rather have someone drink jack or tequila and get in a car or rather having some sit in the couch, heal your body, you know, light up a little bit, get your body feel good, and get ready for next Sunday. So the NFL finally came around, and thank god they did, you know what I mean. So again, me and Morshaun, we're we're sort of the sub committee already, but we're glad to add you the subcommitte.
Speaker 1: What he will be a senior advisor to your junior. Yeah, he's the OG in this space.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: He was the one planning m seeds back in the day. You guys, this is before you guys were born.
Speaker 3: You know who we're dealing with here for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I think it is an important thing because a lot of these growers are going under, a lot of the retailers are going under. And the illegal business is now bigger than the legal business. And and uh, you know, they don't pay taxes, they don't they don't have regulations, they don't have a license fee.
Speaker 3: And they got some good bud.
Speaker 6: And they got good bud and they and all they and you don't shut them down. You just get them a fine. I'm like, why don't I do that? That sounds better why am I going to legal route?
Speaker 1: Uh? So well done.
Speaker 6: You know I'm not gonna harangue you anymore, but I do want to be able to continue this conversation and maybe it should be on on me and Teddy's podcast.
Speaker 1: Well said, Now I appreciate get.
Speaker 2: Him on your home turf and Dan just just go getting just go crazy, just go.
Speaker 1: But what these point is right? I mean, one one simple bill is not going to solve the broader industry issues. And by the way, what he just The good news is we're finally seeing progress nationally. I mean, after years and years got stubborn, no one was moving. Now it seems like folks are moving and it's becoming less ideological. Uh even I mean, you know, even got I don't want to bring up politics, but this former president that seems to be on board of Florida initiative. So it's uh, it's interesting how the politics have moved. But but now the regulations have to catch up to it where the public is overwhelming.
Speaker 6: You did get it all started, to your credit, and God bless you for doing it, but it shouldn't be the Michigan. Michigan, with one third population, now has more sales.
Speaker 1: Uh, man. That talking point, by the way, I had to look that up in your right.
Speaker 4: Hey, Woody, Woody, keep bringing the baby, did.
Speaker 1: You guys set Woody up? Is this a whole? This is a whole.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: This is one of those programs where you got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, would he delete my email I sent you this morning? Okay, delete that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: No, I appreciate all the good ship you do. Uh, Governor, and uh I really you know, you're doing so many good things, and you're on top of so many good things, from you know, climate and control to keeping freaking hel phones out of the classroom. And let's not let this industry die, you know, No, don't let.
Speaker 3: It slip through your fingers.
Speaker 1: Don't let us slip through. So, Marshan sounds like you're gonna slip down. You're gonna do some reconnaissance. You're gonna tell me exactly what what what he needs. And I'm sure you'll be advising me this afternoon on this damn bill.
Speaker 6: I think you should sign the bill at the woods by the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the worst idea.
Speaker 4: What I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: I'm a I love my day activities, man, I'm not bullshitting my Sunday there one day.
Speaker 4: It was dude.
Speaker 5: The three hours I spent through I could have spent about twelve. It was just lovely, man. It was just it was It got me, It brought us, brought us back to a Costa Rica travels. I mean, you just thought we're in the rainforest and it was just you know, some beautiful people walking around. It was some good smells, some good vibes. It was everything.
Speaker 4: Man, it was nice. And you know me, I like my Sunday's guy.
Speaker 6: Well, we gotta do we gotta do this. Yeah, next time of a Sunday you.
Speaker 4: Know, absolutely.
Speaker 1: No pressure, Gavin, No, I know, I'll serve the first appetizer.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me ask a question.
Speaker 5: Your podcast is killing it and hopefully you're going to give us some advice for ours. But how did that start with? Did Ted call you and say I'm doing this? Did you call him? Did you guys get together? And is there anybody else you would have done that with?
Speaker 4: Or how did that come to be?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I had no desire to do it. I don't like to add to my work. I'm a lazy mofow and in fact, I'm incredibly I'm like a good worker and a hard worker, but I'm a world class loafer. Yeah, I mean I can tee up a lolligag the best of them. But Teddy called me and he's like, hey, man, do you want to do a podcast together? And I was like, well, if I get to hang out with Teddy, it's worth it, you know. So it's been fun that we've had some great ones. And I think maybe the Flea one. Flee's a good buddy.
Speaker 4: Mar By the way. I listened to that last night, Oh did you? Yeah? I did. What a great episode.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Flea is unbelieva.
Speaker 5: I met him a couple of times, but what a I mean he talked about that that yoga retreat and I was laughing. He said, ten hours doing a yoga stance, Marshawk, He's in some it's almost like Aaron Rodgers drinking or smoking the wush to whatever it is, the lascas and Flee sitting there doing a yoga post gal for ten hours. And then he said it changed his life and he went back again. He said that he got anxiety. What am I doing here? But he's stuck it through in it it made sense. But no, great, that was a great episode what.
Speaker 6: Heah, oh cool man. Yeah. I love that guy. He's one of the most pure individuals. I was with them one time, you know, they played I Forget where. It was some big city and he's checking out of his hotel room right and he's cleaning up the bed and the you know, cleaning, cleaning up here and there. And I'm like, you know someone's coming in there here just after we leave to do just what you're doing now, and you're leaving a tip for them, a big tip, and he goes, yeah, but I don't feel right, you know, I really like to make sure that it's not too messy for them. I'm like, this guy has such a pure he's a pure individual. I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 5: Hey, what what do you you got to If you you know you're a lower for me, dode, trust me. I can shut it down and do nothing for a long time, well like three hours.
Speaker 1: Hanging out of woodies. I mean, this is like the hell is that?
Speaker 5: Now that you're retired, Marshall, maybe I could take some time off. Hey, wood who's your If you had to take a killer road trip? Who are three or four people you have must do when you're in that you've known forever, he said, I got to have these three people going with me.
Speaker 6: Well, i'd say Matthew McConaughey, Owen Wilson probably probably flee. Uh. You know, you're starting to get a big car there or ready. I think I think maybe just four of us might be good.
Speaker 1: And a driver. I'm just offering. That's just some advice.
Speaker 6: Hey, if you want to drive man, man, I'm just talking about you'll need a driver.
Speaker 3: For that crew.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true. I shouldn't be driving that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't think Devin know how to drive them.
Speaker 1: Oh you're going there? Really you're doing that? You're doing the politician doesn't know how to drive things.
Speaker 4: How many years have you dot?
Speaker 1: We're talking about this? I think it's in we're here with Woody Harrelson. We want to talk about his inspirations.
Speaker 6: But I agree, how many? How many years since you got behind the wheel?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, Jesus, what the hell? This is a this bad? What are we doing the commercial break here? Don't we have to read an add or something?
Speaker 5: No, in fact, we didn't tell you a guy for two hours a day about the way.
Speaker 1: By the way, here's my segue. Were you and ted did you guys stay close all these years or did you guys? I mean, was there sort of a decade where you sort of had to reconnect? When what was it? Did that show sort of connect you guys Bondy from.
Speaker 6: We would we would hang out off and on, but yeah, we definitely, uh you know, we grew apart. Uh with all those guys. You know, I'd see them sometimes, George or Rea or Teddy or whoever. But it's it's been a great thing because it's given me the chance to now every day, or not every day, but at least, you know, when we're actively doing shows. Yeah, I gotta say. I was like, I thought, what an easy you know, you talk to people. You know, I've been listening to smart let us say. This seems easy. You turn the thing. But uh, it's it's some work. It's some work because I'm sure you got another one after this one. I mean, you gotta just keep rolling them. And they said forty five. I said forty five. I can't do forty five. I said, I'll tell you what happened about twenty and then then no, twenty is not gonna do. So I said, all right, that's why it's Woody sometimes it's ten days and then Woody sometimes because I can't do forty five, I could do nineteen.
Speaker 4: But what doy we gotta do?
Speaker 5: We got to do either your show or our show again, but we got to do it in person.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 5: We got to get every together in studio or at your at the Woods in La in the courtyard, in the patio.
Speaker 1: Did you see there's a beat he ain't ever gonna I'm not gonna be allowed track me down, Jesus being wrong.
Speaker 2: Get you a little contact, hard man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that there's no illegalities about that. No, no, no, none of your people are gonna be up about a contact.
Speaker 3: You know, I was in the car.
Speaker 5: Have you always been have you always been this kind of I mean as a kid too, did you ever get stressed out or anxiety? Have you always been just kind of chill and go with the flow, and and and and just laid back?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: I think in some ways, i'm uh a personality trapped in a b persona. Uh. I actually I'm not entirely. I mean I'm pretty laid back. I mean I I really can just relax. But uh yeah, as a kid, I was pretty chuck. I'm just I'm just very in the moment.
Speaker 5: So in the podcast you talked about almost kicking the ship out of assuming on the ski slopes.
Speaker 4: Is that a true story?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, awkward pause.
Speaker 6: I used to have a lot of fights when I was younger, quite a lot. I don't know why. Just people seem to find me. You know, I'm lucky. I never fought West, by the way, marshawn, I don't want to fight West. Luckily that never happened.
Speaker 3: No, So they were just telling me that you did. Uh what was it? A Wildcats?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's how we we that's how we first met.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that was a football movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was like with Goldiehn where she coaches a school and uh, you know inner city in Chicago, and you know, I'm the only white kid on the team, and uh, you know, it's just a funny little comedy. But but I met Wes doing it and I was like, this guy is pretty freaking awesome. Was he was very unique and very brilliant, you know his mind, even then he was twenty three, he was quite brilliant.
Speaker 2: So you find your because white man can't jump and then you say in the Wildcats, you're the only uh, the only white kids. So you seem to find yourself in that position pretty often.
Speaker 6: Huh, well, yeah, that's how. In fact, when I was first learning basketball, I went to the other side of the tracks, to the to the really where all the good players were playing, and that's where I developed my game and started learning. And uh, you know, got a really good friend who helped me a lot with you know, my dribbling skills, and uh, I don't know, I got to get back into it. I got I know, it's the best form of exercise, you know, I don't I don't know what's better. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it complete segue. But related to game, I just can't help myself because I've got to know Steve Schmid a little bit. But you did you did game change, I mean you you played Steve, do you guys? I mean you get to know him before you did that.
Speaker 6: Or you just study the god Oh yeah, oh yeah, I spent time, I shill. I talked to him just the other day. Yeah, I'm I'm I think that is one of the most amazing guys. Just talk about a brilliant political mind. I mean, the things he can elucidate that I have no freaking clue about. You know, have you uh you spent some time with him?
Speaker 1: No, he's I mean and Marshawn Douguman, I know what we're talking about. But what he did this series on Game Change, but it was he played Steve Schmid, who is one of the country's most you know, I don't want to say notorious, but he's one of the brightest is what he says. Political consultants out there, But he's piercing, He's tough. He's able to analyze, as you say, would he complex things and then distill it down and explain things in a way that if you can explain him. And he's not ideologically rigid. He's injured with former Republican but he's very independent in his mindset, has strong opinions, expresses them. And obviously Game Change he was working for another campaign, but it's I know he's a legend out here, would he he's a legend out here? Don't cross them?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Now, what's gonna happen with you in twenty twenty eight, Well, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna be working. I think I got this opportunity line cook down at the West Hollywood Man, And as long as that minimum wage keeps going up and up and up. I'm okay, brother.
Speaker 6: Which we gotta give you credit for?
Speaker 5: No, I tell you what I'm Marshawn calls Gavin Batman. So get Marshawn. What's Galvin doing at twenty eight?
Speaker 4: What you think?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, jesus, I'm gonna what your laundry or something?
Speaker 3: What the hell am I doing?
Speaker 4: Twenty eight?
Speaker 2: I thought he was gonna be running for president.
Speaker 6: Man, you'll be running in twenty eight. I would bet my I bet everything I have you're running in twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Hey, we tried, Hey Woody, we tried to sneak.
Speaker 5: Him in twenty four. Oh okay, I tried to see him twenty four.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: I thought he was gonna sneak in the opening.
Speaker 1: All right, the three of you. I'm in this thing. I think we're I've got to get to that read. We're done. We are done.
Speaker 4: We're done.
Speaker 2: Ain't no running now, Ain't no running now, Ain't no running now, Gavin Woody, the great story here, all three of us.
Speaker 4: Just side note.
Speaker 5: You know, so Gavin I have been brothers now since since the mid nineties. We kind of ran the streets together for a little bit right out of college. And then Marshawn's been with the streets.
Speaker 1: Of Marine County, Marshawn, you know, Jules, Yeah, streets.
Speaker 5: There were some good road trips to go anyway. And then Marshawn's been my clients. Two thousand and six, we all came together.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: The great governor here when he was mayor, helped help Marshawn out with a few things with the league back in the day. Would he let's just say, there's a a few minor traffic stops in Culver City that we had to make a couple of calls to two twelve Park Avenue to help out. They might have found a few things in the car, would you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Hey, Doug, Doug quick bringing up?
Speaker 6: Oh okay, Oh so that's how you guys got a coin.
Speaker 3: That's a history man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we've known each other for a long time.
Speaker 5: It wasn't just three and a shotgun approach picked three people for a podcast. There's a reason there's a method of the madness here method.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, Woody, it's been great to catch up man, Thank you for thanks for joining us.
Speaker 6: Really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Thanks for inviting me and appreciate you and everything you're doing, all your advocacy and uh and thanks for thanks for putting the screws to me on it.
Speaker 6: Well I'm I'm I appreciate you listening and not getting upset with me. And uh and maybe you know, think about that, the three of us on a committee, we could do some good ship and and also we could uh you know, we want to increase the business. Not right now it's going the wrong direction.
Speaker 4: Hey, what do you know? Got to sell me what?
Speaker 5: He Me and Marshawn are all in and we're going to get that subcommittee for In fact, we'll start a subcommittee text after this phone call.
Speaker 6: No, don't forget to keep pressuring them, keep nice elbow there.
Speaker 4: But in all honesty, Uh, you've been a guy.
Speaker 5: I've been a huge fan of years man forever, and I love your work. I love your mindset, love what you do.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: It feels like we are brothers. And uh, you're just a great person man. How you live your life and everything you've done. Man, it's been a pleasure. And then when we told Marshaun you're coming on, I was like, God, damn wood he and so this has been really freaking cool. Man, I got to tell you, it's been really cool. And uh, I just love what you've done, man. And I love how you keep living your life, bro.
Speaker 6: That means a lot. And Doug Marsh, I'm going to get you guys of a Sunday down there to the woods. Uh and uh. And the Governor, well, he'll have to come through. We do have a bar next door called Holy Water, which I think that's legal for you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's good. I love my holy Water.
Speaker 6: All right, well, I'll be in touch.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 6: Thanks, Okay, care guys, all right, bye bye