Speaker 1: Engine engine number nine.
Speaker 2: On the New York Transit Line. If my train goes off the track, pick it up, Pick it up, pick it up. Back on the scene, Chris, be and clean.
Speaker 1: You get You're yelling, you, you're yelling. I have to turn my headphones down. No one likes that.
Speaker 2: I realized that I didn't even have this in front of the mic. Let me put this in front.
Speaker 1: Of the mic. I think the spit card was going to help with any of that, because spin card isn't going to turn down the volume when they're yelling.
Speaker 2: YO, So can I just say, first of all, somebody hacked my Twitter. Eat a dick.
Speaker 1: Second, really were what were you hawking on Twitter when you were hacked?
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm hocking. I can't get into Twitter right now.
Speaker 1: Danil said you were hocking MacBooks and old coins. You were hacked?
Speaker 2: Shit, this is going to be so late in the game anyway, you're not you change?
Speaker 1: Did you change your password?
Speaker 2: I am in the midst of getting it done right now. But that being said, there's.
Speaker 1: Another log out and log out you don't even need to be on there.
Speaker 2: I'm not even I'm not on it. What is it called? X? I'm not X.
Speaker 1: I'm not on X either, but you should definitely change your password in long out.
Speaker 2: But there was this other thing that I was on porn hub. I'm always listen, no disrespect to other websites out there. You're like, you're not doing it like porn hub. You're just not doing it.
Speaker 1: Like your wife's in the background and said.
Speaker 2: My wife walks, I give up.
Speaker 1: Don't give give up.
Speaker 2: Don't give up.
Speaker 1: I give up. She said, I give up. I give up. Say hi, I give up.
Speaker 2: Your face is so beautiful and shiny. Somebody got a facial and HK, come say Hi, you gotta get it back.
Speaker 1: Hi, Casey, how you doing? She can't hear us?
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: I feel like the only way I see you is if I'm on the podcast.
Speaker 1: I know, I know I'm in New York City now, but I hear you got a facial. You look beautiful.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Candace.
Speaker 1: Candace killed us good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What does she do? She takes like a buffer and just buff buffs your face off.
Speaker 2: She she buffs it, she pokes it, she buffs it, she prizes.
Speaker 1: Does she do extractions?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: I like that when they get like black heads.
Speaker 2: Out and not many do that anymore.
Speaker 1: So, why it's like not a lot of boogie. They all want to charge you five hundred dollars to just rub your face and throw some cream on it. That Canda gets in there and gets dirtd if I'm going to get it facial. I want someone to get all the black heads out. Candace Myel, she's she's Candace Mayl. Do you want to give her Instagram a shout out? She's probably very busy. I imagine I don't know her Instagram. Well, she's Candace by El. Everyone she's in lacial. How do you spell that? M I E L L E. There you go. Candace gonna be booked now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be awesome.
Speaker 1: All right, Casey, we love you.
Speaker 4: I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Donald.
Speaker 2: Uh, sometimes I was saying corn Hub, no back there.
Speaker 1: They don't want to do it.
Speaker 2: Nobody does it like corn Hub.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, Donald, can you focus on something else?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I went to, uh the Rangers game last night, and I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 2: You did they win?
Speaker 1: They lost? Your bad luck, bro, don't say that you're the ultimate body.
Speaker 2: Say that I hear your luck because you're bridging tunnel fronting like you're fucking New Yorker right now, and you're only there six years.
Speaker 1: How many fucking years do I have to live in Manhattan for you to think that I'm not bridging tunnel but living here in twenty years. Listen, bro, I don't want the bridge in tub By two.
Speaker 2: Because it's half of a year. Okay, so really, you've lived there.
Speaker 1: For I want to tell you, just now, tell you you don't even like sports. I do. Now. I gotta tell you. I granted it's playoff hockey, but I gotta tell you, Hockey Live is fun. The crowd was.
Speaker 2: Crazy, but the game is dope too, man.
Speaker 1: And also it doesn't stop. What I like about it is doesn't stop. It barely stops. And I also appreciate time and stuff like that. They're very brief and you can tell when there's TV timeouts and stuff, but the crowd is so amped. I also appreciated that they call it an intermission. I really like that there were two. There were two intermission. It wasn't that halftime, it wasn't any of that bullshit. It was an intermission.
Speaker 2: It was your talk, it was your kind of speak.
Speaker 1: I liked it. I really it's so fun, man. And then we got to go down to the this this sort of owner's dining room area and uh and during each intermission and there's like food and it was just really swank. Love the fans, I love the the energy of it is crazy. I got a whole little MSG thing figured out. Right now, I'm going again Friday.
Speaker 2: You are falling in love with New York City. Look at you. You're falling in love with it.
Speaker 1: I love it. The only thing that's missing is you. I wish you were here. I wish you were here after this podcast we would stroll down the street and get a meal together.
Speaker 2: You are just doing this for the people so that they believe that you miss me, But you don't miss me.
Speaker 1: No, I had, I've had I've had drinks with Johnny, I hung out with Bill.
Speaker 2: Lawrence, drinks with Johnny, hung out with Bill Lawrence. Yeah, in any of those conversations where you're like, you know, I really fucking miss Donald right now.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, there's always talk about you. Oh I got to tell you. So, I'm in this fancy owners dining room last night at MSG and a guy comes up to me and he says, hey, I love the podcast, and I go, oh, thank you. So much and my friend whispers in my ear, do you know who that is? And I'm like no, and he says, that's John Sykes, the president of iHeart. Well, well, well.
Speaker 2: You met John. You met John Sykes for the first time.
Speaker 1: I never met John Sykes before. I guess he's also the CEO. He also the CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I'm told that's correct. Shout out John.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a dope dude.
Speaker 1: He was very nice. He was very nice, and he loves the podcast. He was like, you guys are killing it.
Speaker 2: Dope dude.
Speaker 1: Not cool.
Speaker 2: That's really cool.
Speaker 1: And I just thought it was going, like, hey, I love the podcast.
Speaker 2: Fucking Jeff Zucker moment. Bro.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't give him niggies Insaane.
Speaker 2: I was hoping you. I was hoping you said something like it, and so I fucking no.
Speaker 1: I didn't embarrass myself at all. And he was so nice and he loves our show and it was cool. It was really it was neat.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, bro, that's really cool. Did you guys hang out after No.
Speaker 1: I just talked to him for a second. You know, everyone there is sort of you know, there's so much going on. There's so much stimuli. Everyone's doing their own thing. But I got to talk to him for a second.
Speaker 2: It's big. The Rangers are you know, they're still fighting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I learned so much. I didn't know you could take the goalie out and and put another man on the on the ice when you when you need to. That's that's that's cool.
Speaker 2: It's dangerous, it's.
Speaker 1: Very I know that's how they lost their third goal. Did you know that was a thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man, my brother I grew up in house kitchen. But I don't let me explain this shit to you. My whole neighborhood is fucking straight up Irish man like straight up I grew up in And now it's a little bit more uh integrated, and there are way more cultures. But when I was growing up, hockey was the number one sport in my neighborhood. And it wasn't ice. It wasn't necessarily ice hockey. It was roller hockey too. Street hockey, yeah, street hockey. So cats were on, roller blades were coming out, or you know. So my brother Dotte played hockey growing up at a very young age, and you know, so I learned a little bit from him and everybody in my building who I grew up with. We're all hockey fans, Ranger fans, Islander fans. Fucking there were very few Devil fans. I'm sorry, Sorry, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't love Jersey. You wouldn't be a Devils fan if you were, you know, in Hell's kitchen. I imagine MSG is right there.
Speaker 2: Right, So we're straight up Knicks fans. We're straight up Ranger fans. In my neighborhood, I'm a Giants fan. There are a lot of Jets fans, though I'm a Yankee fan. There are a few Met fans, not a lot, but there are a few Met fans. I did like the Mets growing up, but I'm a Yankee fan.
Speaker 1: You knew who I sat in front of it the game and men, and my father rest in peace, would have lost his mind. Was John Franco, the relief pitcher for the eighty six Mets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, come on, that's a series right.
Speaker 1: There, dude, my father, I was listen. I want to be sincere for a second. I had a night last night because my friend is so dialed into MSG. So I got this amazing experience where I'm like I was just thinking to my father so much like he would have been a kid in a candy store. I met James Dolan and we sat at his table at dinner. Beforehand, we sat in front of John Franco. I just kept thinking to my dad because my dad loved all sports, but particularly loved baseball. So I don't know, It's just a cool moment where I was remembering my dad and thinking about how much he would have loved this moment.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful, bro.
Speaker 1: It was baller. The funny thing too, was like, so at the intermissions, you're invited to go back into this James Dolan's dining room, and no one was. He wasn't coming back to his table. So my friend was like, are we to the ushers and the people that worked there, like you sure we're allowed to sit at the table, and they're like, yeah, it's fine because you were with him at dinner, so it's fine. So the two intermissions just me and him sitting at the owner's table in this.
Speaker 5: In this.
Speaker 1: Big dining room and people are walking by and I were just like sitting there smiling, eating Sundays. Yeah, baby, anyway, it's fun. It took me a long time to realize how fun going to MSG is.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that's why Spike loves his floor seats and his backstage passes so much.
Speaker 1: Well, he's he's so dialed, he's not even I don't think. Yeah, there's some people there who are such regulars, the man the crowd. Michael J. Fox was there last night. So is Matthew. I said, hid to Matthew Brodrick. I didn't see. I wasn't close enough to Michael J. Fox, but I said hi to Matthew Roderick.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to see the Alkalite tonight, the Acolyte tonight. However the fuck you said? What is Acolyte?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: It's the Star Wars show.
Speaker 1: Oh, where are you going to, like a premiere or something.
Speaker 2: I'm going to a premiere tonight to see it. I'm supposed to take my son, but it starts at seven. It's kind of late for him. So I don't know if that's going.
Speaker 1: Why can't you get him a special night out?
Speaker 2: Because he's not really that in the Star Wars, you know what I mean. And I don't want to fucking do that to him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So he wouldn't care to go to a premiere of a show.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I mean he might like the popcorn in the sprite, but that's about it.
Speaker 1: Oh well, why don't you bring Casey?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know that she wants to go to see a Star Wars either. I'm the Star Wars fan in the house. I mean, I couldn't get these guys to watch Star Wars if it was you know, water and they were thirsty as fuck. You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 1: Right wild, they will watch Cheaper by the Dozen though.
Speaker 2: Over and over and over and over and over again every morning. So I'm going to see the Acolyte tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm happy for you, man, I know, well.
Speaker 2: I'm somewhat excited. I don't know. I don't know what to expect.
Speaker 1: Do you have a good fit?
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna go incognity. I'm not gonna try and fucking be mister. Hey, I'm here for Star Wars.
Speaker 1: Why can't you put on a nice fit?
Speaker 2: That's because that's not my stakes right now. I'm not in you just you're just sweatpants. I'm not in the mood to do all that shit. I'm just going to see a fucking movie and enjoy myself. That's right. Yeah, I'm not into it. I'm not gonna. I'm not. If I can, I'm gonna skip the press line all of that ship.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna put moisturizer on your face?
Speaker 2: I never put lotion on guys. You know this.
Speaker 1: Joelle is shaking her head. She's not approved.
Speaker 5: Literally unbelievable to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's unbelievable to me too. And I don't have skin like Joel. I'm just Joe.
Speaker 2: I am an oily, oily man.
Speaker 1: They have for that, they have. She's so sad, She's like, they have lotions for that. By the way, I sent last time we last time we had this conversation, I sent Casey the moisturizer I used because I was like, oh, give this to Donald, because she goes, do you know how many products I have here? He won't use any of them.
Speaker 2: Well, she's like the gold Russia is coming soon.
Speaker 1: I can see I can't get I can't get him lotion. I'm paying for gold.
Speaker 2: We came all the way from Texas.
Speaker 1: The same Francisco to get.
Speaker 2: Us to stratcher it.
Speaker 1: I ain't gotten it time to put a lotion on his face, I'm paying for gold nuggets.
Speaker 2: Casey, what you do for a living? I'm a prospector, Dune.
Speaker 1: We have a great show. We have Michael Moseley here. But by the way, it's the last episode of Scrubs we're ever going to watch.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 1: I was realizing as I was making my notes today. For those of you who've been with us the whole time, for those of you have been with us since the beginning, since the get go, but that is the last episode of Scrubs we are gonna watch. We're done, it's over. The experiment will be completed in this hour.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't know how long the show's going to be today, it could be a short one.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying, the experiment of the rewatch of Scrubs nine seasons is done with this very episode nine thirteen.
Speaker 2: It's a bad feel number.
Speaker 1: How do you feel? I think we had a great time doing this.
Speaker 2: The experiment.
Speaker 1: Yes, the experiment.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, this is one of the best things that's ever happened to me. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: It's so much fun, right, dude?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: I don't want it to be over.
Speaker 2: I'm either man, I'm like I'm kind of like, maybe we should watch it again.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I don't think we should do that to ourselves.
Speaker 2: Let's do it again. I want to remember that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did you watch that Broadway kid? I sent you singing.
Speaker 2: That motherfucker is hilarious. I sent it to everybody, Joel.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Joel has been watching my dms lately or not, but she usually gives good feedback.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker is hilarious.
Speaker 1: I gotta give this guy a shot.
Speaker 2: And if we're gonna do it, we gotta go first, and then I'll go.
Speaker 1: But I got on all right. But I want to say that this guy is so funny. His name is Gabe Gibbs, you guys on Instagram, and he's like a he's his bio says songwriter, comedian, Broadway performer, and he takes songs and he he broadway affies them. And did I send you Donald the the Drake one? Yes, there was one he did in case Drake needs to His title was in case he needs to change genres. Because after this, let me just play you a little snippet.
Speaker 6: I think you're ready to try it all on your own.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, bend that ass.
Speaker 6: Come on, you're already doing it that coachy breathe. Yes, just like I showed you. Come on, shake that ass, bitch, hands.
Speaker 7: On your knees, hands.
Speaker 6: On your knees, hand on your knees, and you can shake that ass for Drake.
Speaker 2: But now I'm so proud.
Speaker 7: You can shake that.
Speaker 8: Ask for.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 1: He's incredible and he did.
Speaker 2: He does, so he does. What he does is what if these songs were in musicals? What if all of these rap songs or the jayl one is hilarious. It's the last musical number. It could be the act break, or it could be the final number in the show.
Speaker 1: Listen this is I want to say I should have Gabe Gibbs on the show, Joel, but this guy makes me laugh so hard. This is the last musical number from the Jayla musical.
Speaker 6: Papa, Oh, Papa, I can't believe it's you.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't be fooled by the rocks that I got. They're just Jules, Papa.
Speaker 6: I'm still I'm still Jenny from the block that when you grew upon.
Speaker 2: I used to.
Speaker 6: Have a little Now I got lot.
Speaker 2: No matter where I go.
Speaker 6: I know where I came from.
Speaker 1: I came from the bro amazing, right, dude, I love that guy, Joel, Please book him. He's hilarious. That genre of there's a whole world of like obviously, as we all know anything you're interested in, but on Instagram, the algorithm knows they love Broadway. So it sends me these comedians who do funny Broadway shit, spoof Broadway, and that guy's so funny. I just thought I came from the road.
Speaker 2: That's just hilarious, dude. All right, So this is my Instagram moment. Nostalgia is my shit right now. For some reason, all of the things that I grew up on are now popping up on my Instagram. Eighties nostalgia, eighties nostalgia, so like the Garfield, remember the Garfield and Heathcliff Hour. A lot of people don't remember it. This was my era and they had like Heathcliff, Heathcliff, No One, Shoot Terror, Razden Neighborhood. Anyway, it was the theme song for his moment right his half hour. I found this one from or Instagram's send me this one. This is one of my favorite commercials from back in the day when and I guess I was in my teens, but I just think it's made like a movie. I'm gonna put it on screen so you can see it. I don't know how well it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Just hold the mic up to the thing with jigging.
Speaker 2: Off in the distance. The game's dragging on.
Speaker 1: There's strikes, all the batter some rudders are all its Suddenly everyone's looking at me.
Speaker 2: My mind has been wondering what could it be.
Speaker 9: They put to the sky and I look up before and I baseball falls.
Speaker 2: Into my club.
Speaker 3: I play right field.
Speaker 7: It's important now.
Speaker 1: Know how to catch.
Speaker 2: You gotta know how.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm playing right here where up where the dand the Lions grow.
Speaker 2: As a round sponsor of Little League Baseball, Pizza Hut welcomes all the kids who make it great dude. When I was I guess I was fourteen, teenage mutant Ninja Turtles would be coming on after school and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: And that was Pizza Hut's number one fucking jump off and it was one of the I remember thinking like, holy fuck, this is one of the dopest commercials because it captured Sandlot, but it also kept like whoever since the cinematographer and the director for that commercial. Really knew how to fucking shoot like bad News Bears all of that stuff. It captured that feeling. As a youth, I remember that and now as an adult looking back, I played Little League baseball, I played pal baseball. That shit was a lot of fun. And that's what it felt like when the fucking scrub that you put all away out in the middle of nowhere fucking makes a great play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was sweet good.
Speaker 2: It's one of the I mean, in my opinion, it's one of the best ads man. But anyway, it's.
Speaker 1: Not as good as go on. All right, Michael Wilson is here. Five stories. I'm not sure we made about a bunch of talks and nurses.
Speaker 3: I said, he's the stories nephew.
Speaker 2: So YadA here, yeada. Here is.
Speaker 1: Michael Moseley. Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 4: Everybody, bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah we can hear you. Can you hear us?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, good to see you.
Speaker 1: Good, Good to estee you man. Where are you?
Speaker 4: I'm in la I'm in my home, very nice. Yeah, where are you guys at?
Speaker 2: I'm in my garage.
Speaker 1: Donald's in his garage in La La Land. This is Daniel, who's our engineer and editor, and that's Joelle Monique, she's our producer. J Dude, We're so happy to have you because it's a you know, we've been doing this thing and we've been wanting this is the very last episode of the podcast in its first incarnation, which was to do a rewatch of all of the episodes, and we just finished with this one, watching nine to thirteen, and we're going to keep the podcast going because we're having so much fun and we're just gonna joke around and keep doing our thing. But we wanted to have you on because as we've watched season nine, Donald and I have had lots of thoughts, good and bad, but one thing we've said over and over and over again is just how what what a phenomenal actor you are.
Speaker 2: You steal the fucking season. Bro, you really do, man, you steal.
Speaker 7: You guys are sweet? Thank you? No, that was no, that's so sweet to say. No, it was.
Speaker 4: It was amazing. It was an amazing experience. It was my first time, you know, being on a show with a single digit number on a call sheet where I had to be there, you know, and yeah, it was just it was it was an amazing experience. It was an amazing experience, and I'm glad you guys are doing this.
Speaker 1: Do you tell us about, if you go back to the beginning, how you got the part, because you know, there was this whole new push obviously for season nine to bring in, you know, to keep the show going with new, younger people, and it was a huge deal to get that part. They saw everyone in town. I remember, what was your experience, like, I mean, we have a lot of actors that listen. I'm sure they'd love to know, you know, what your audition process was like.
Speaker 4: Well, I had read for Bill for a pilot before, while you guys are still doing one, probably towards you guys are getting towards the end of your of your scrubs. I did a show called Alpha Mom. It was a pilot that carry Aaron wrote and Bill directed, and he was just it was awesome.
Speaker 7: It was a great sperience, but it never went and then and then this thing.
Speaker 4: Popped up, and so I kind of knew him, and I think it was just you know, and then all sudden you're stand in front of network, and then all of a sudden, you know, you're signing a contract. And then all of a sudden you're at a table read, you know, and uh, and it was it was great. I mean it was nerve wrecking because you guys had kind of created this brand in this world, in this universe, and you did eight seasons. Yeah, yeah, and it had ended so beautifully. I remember, I think you might have directed that last episode, Zach, did you drink the last?
Speaker 2: Actually Rick Blue directed the last.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you know you're conflating two things. He's say, he sang the season eight finale.
Speaker 4: Yes, the one that was like a dream, like a memory dream that was like kind of it was a really beautiful sequence at the end.
Speaker 1: But the projections I didn't direct that. It was the projections were my idea and it was inspired by something I had done before. But I didn't direct the episode. I forgot if it was Bill or who it was. But do you remember that it was beautiful? You guys look that up set them credit, But yeah, thank you. That's what we was kind of the proper series finale of Scrubs as it was known before the Medical School incarnation that is season nine.
Speaker 2: I've done it a couple of times, and every time i've done it, it's usually the end, like you know, I came in on Legends of Tomorrow and thinking we got one more season. We gotta fucking go out with a bang. I'm like, I'm thinking, holy shit, how do I This is a fucking show that's been on for like ten years or some shit like that, and I'm coming in now. Uh you know, you I was as big as I possibly could be. I you know, this scope was you know, that ship was fucking difficult to It wasn't difficult to join, but it was difficult to try and fit in. And that's all I really wanted to do. And so coming into season nine, at least you had people that were new with you, though, bro, at least you had a block of you know what I mean, and you were and it was like you guys versus us. For me, it was me versus them, and they were all cool and shit. But you know, I mean, you know how it is. You you you you've experienced it in this in other things too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, No, it was cool. I mean it was fun because you guys, you know, I just remember coming in trying, like I was like, just don't break the furniture, just you know, hit your mark, say your line, and you know, and just be respectful of the process that these folks have already. You know, they you guys have already made the soup. It's working, you know what I mean. So like just you know, if.
Speaker 7: The fire is going, don't touch it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was just fun. But then you guys would like, I mean, you guys would be like on a bike like right and through the back of a scene, just like just to try to like you know, you were just fun and it was your house and you knew how to be in your house and play around in your house, and so that was kind of it was just it was a fun It was a fun experience. But I did, you know, and I got to work with Eliza and she'd kind of been on the show before, so she kind of knew knew the rhythms and everything and how to and so I was lucky that way. But yeah, there was a bunch of us that were all kind of looking at each other like, Okay, what are we doing, What's gonna happened? What's this going to look like?
Speaker 1: You know, well, I want to hear I want to hear more about I want to hear more about that in your experience together, because I have to say, I'm not being self deprecating about this, but I watched the show and I've I've said this on the podcast that I'm so not present and I'm so leaning into the jokes. I think I was sort of checked out in my head and and I'm being so broad and that I felt like when I watched season nine, you did such a good job of being grounded. Because the show, as we all know, is all over the place in its tone. Sometimes it's tries to be very serious and succeeds. Sometimes it's fantasies and very silly. But I what I admired about your performance is that you you always were real, you know, you you dealt with these scenes that were, you know, sometimes ridiculous or sometimes you know, don't don't didn't fully work, but you were always completely straight and real in them and still found a way to be funny, which I which I think is is is what we were kind of doing in the beginning of Scrubs, early in earlier episodes, but in this season, for me, I think I lost the plot a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not only that you and you and Eliza, your chemistry together we I mean, that was the most in my opinion, I've said this a number of times on the show. That was the most interesting part of the season as well. Uh, and the most fun part of the season. You guys really did capture something and it kind of reminded us of Cox and Jordan a little bit, you know what I mean. But yeah, so yeah, speak on that.
Speaker 4: Well, I just lucked out having to be Eliza. You know, we're just we just you know, we were just like France and we're just like I think, you know, she was from like New Hampshire or something like that. She had that accent she could pull out of her you know, she was from like New Hampshire and I was from Iowa, and we both just felt like these hicks, you know that can kind of hick kind of somehow somebody kicked us on stage together and so I think we just were kind of like, you know, brothers.
Speaker 7: In arms like that a little bit.
Speaker 4: It was easy, and she's you know, lovable, so easy to bounce off of her and to kind of and she's always cracking jokes. She's like a comedian at her core, I think, you know what I mean. So she was always like you know. The other thing on Scrubs is I find that like, which I hadn't done before. Would be like we would do a couple according to the script, and then the script would kind of go over, and then the writers would come wisper something in your ear, somebody'd come over and somebody would have a different punchline, and then you'd like, then you try to out punchline each other and just try to get that camera guy to shake, because you knew if he was shaking and he was laughing, and we knew we were doing something right, you know what I mean. And I remember that was kind of a cool experience. It was kind of what's funny floats and so, and you know what I mean, And if the best punch line would always win and would always usually make the cut, even if it wasn't what it was on the page that day.
Speaker 2: I feel like that kind of how you guys remember absolutely by season nine we were going so far, Like I remember saying shit this season nine where it was like, oh my god, I can't believe I just said that to it, and somebody's like, you know, Disney gets to keep all of these outtakes now, And this was at the point where I was done. I was like, I don't even fun let him keep that ship. I don't care. I remember that shit so like, I remember the outtakes getting so fucking outrageous that I was saying some dumb shit about weed. All of that stuff. I'll never forget. I'll never forget.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I freedom though, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's what's great about the environment. If you feel like there's no wrong answer and and and you can just play, that's the that's the ideal environment for us. Even when we're doing these t mobile ads, they're obviously scripted, but then we just we get to play around and be silly and allows us to just kind of really feel like we're we're a part of the creative process in a way that isn't common. It's what Donald and I have been used to for a giant chunk of our career, but it isn't common for a lot of people. A lot of people are like just to say the joke, Well, there's something really that.
Speaker 7: I've been on comedies that are like that too.
Speaker 4: Like I remember being on thirty Rock and I remember Tina would be like, that's not how it was written. I was like, oh right, sorry, because I mean I coming from Scrubs.
Speaker 7: It was like, I don't, I'm not, there's nothing.
Speaker 4: She's obviously a genius, you know, but I just remember it was just two different schools. Like Bill would be like, like I remember because I think I remember I was listening to the Shade episode y'all just did, and I remember Bill being around more. I know he wasn't, but he wasn't like Cougartown, like right across the lot or something.
Speaker 2: He's like bike over here and there and stuff like that. Yeah, so here's the here's the real deal. Holy feel Uh. In the beginning, when Zach was around, Bill would come around a lot more often because he and Zach have a connection.
Speaker 1: Much like Cox and JD.
Speaker 2: Very much like Cox and JD. But uh, Bill's a little bit more loving now.
Speaker 1: Why oh now, now he's a completely different person.
Speaker 2: But even back then he was loving to Even back then, he was just a little bit.
Speaker 1: More love and we started he.
Speaker 2: Kind of loved you a little bit more than the rest of us. Bro, keep it one.
Speaker 1: Hand, you've never said that your favorite fucker.
Speaker 2: Don't even try it.
Speaker 1: You're yelling a and b uh, you've never said this in all these episodes of the podcast that you felt.
Speaker 2: I gotta say it.
Speaker 1: Now, do you feel that Bill favored me as the favorite child?
Speaker 2: We should fucking do a survey. But absolutely, dude, we never do a survey. Ask everyone in the fucking cast, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Here we go that outside of the show, we became very close. To this day, he's we're very close. So yeah, he was like a big brother to me. And and that is true. But I've never heard you articulate that.
Speaker 2: Dude. You come on, bro, you know this. Everybody knows.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that it was something that you were were conscious of.
Speaker 2: I was a loof. How about that? Is that the right way to use it?
Speaker 1: What do you mean you were a loof?
Speaker 2: Knew it? I knew it, but I pretended not to know.
Speaker 1: You look the other way the way, man. No, Bill's been a big I mean beyond, I mean, so many things happening if their Mannie o'donald had a whole career before Scrubs. I was a waiter and Bill like chose me from from waiterdom and uh, and then when I went on to make my movies, he would give me notes and and was a mentor to me in so many ways and ask.
Speaker 2: Me how many times Bill has given me notes?
Speaker 1: Have you given screenplays that you've written to read?
Speaker 2: Say it again?
Speaker 1: Have you given Bill screenplays that you've written for him to read?
Speaker 2: No, dude, I'm not a writer.
Speaker 1: Oh well, there you go. I don't think. I don't think he can give you notes on You can't give you notes on nothing.
Speaker 7: Do you like notes? Donald, They do not like notes.
Speaker 2: One shit that I have written, Like, I wrote this thing called Alabama Jackson, and it would have been nice if I could have gotten some notes from Bill, but I kind of was a little nervous to ask him, and it was this little, tiny, small thing and I didn't want to do that. But yeah, those when it comes to stuff like that, Absolutely, he's fucking the king. In my eyes, he's the best to do it right now, you know what I mean? Yeah, he's so you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I mean, I remember at the table read, he remember, and I still this is like my like the golden rule.
Speaker 7: He was just like we were at the table read and he.
Speaker 4: Was like, I just have one rule, you know, don't be an asshole.
Speaker 7: And he was like, all these.
Speaker 4: People are gonna be working late into Friday night and missing soccer games the next on Saturday morning, or basketball games on Friday nights, because they're going to be here carrying stuff around to make you guys look pretty. Just don't be a dick, you know, just be cool. And that's always been kind of That's like, that was the Bill Lawrence rule in my head that I've always carried with me.
Speaker 2: But he created he's and because of that, he's created in me as I think I could say the same thing for Zach. I think every show that I've ever been on, I've created a relationship with the crew way more than creating relationship necessarily with actors on set, you know what I mean, because I understand how important it is for them to enjoy what they're doing, you know what I mean. Actors, we for some reason need our own space and shit like that. But the crew is the people that are there when I go back to the fucking air conditioned Winnebago as Zach would call it, you know what I mean. And so I think it's real important, and I think Bill is the one that put that in me. You know, give these guys the love, and you know, as long as you don't hamper their day, entertain them, man, because it's they're fucking they're there all night long and they have to deal with egos and assholes and not say anything.
Speaker 1: So you know that, you know, and also just like make it. If you make the environment a family of people that are having fun, then it makes the job a blast.
Speaker 2: No doubt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially if it's a comedy.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make it. Take a quick break, Michael Mosley, and then when we come back, we're gonna go through a little bit of this episode. We don't have to talk a ton about it because it's it's you know, it's not it's not our best. It's not our best. But we'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: Somebody got sirens.
Speaker 1: Somebody I'm city.
Speaker 2: Mike thought. Mike thought the same thing that Sarah thought. Mike thought that we were going to take a break, And.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Mike, we take fake break it because there's nothing to do. We they add the commercials later. Sarah Chalk when we when she was on, thought we were gonna have a little downtime to chat off off camera, if you will, and we had to explain to her the concept of podcast advertising. GotY that but she you know, she's Sarah Chalk she's Uh, she's one of a kind, that gal.
Speaker 2: There's nothing like her, one, no thing, nothing.
Speaker 1: She's cuckoo pants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's my kind of cuckoo pants.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: No, it's hilarious. She's hilarious. But I've never I've never once had any conversation with her that didn't start with like you were not going to believe what just happened? All right, So getting into the episode, So, Mike, you've heard this show. We kind of just kind of talked through anything that that. We talked through the vague. It's our last time. We need to savor it. We go through the plot roughly and then talk about anything we thought was funny.
Speaker 2: I found myself writing a lot today.
Speaker 1: Really maybe it's because it's the last one.
Speaker 2: And I would really wanted to you know, I paused it a couple of times to make sure I got all my thoughts out.
Speaker 1: And didn't you did a good job? Then, well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: About a good I did. I did. I did my job. How about that?
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's a cadaver ceremony. I have no idea if this is a real thing or not.
Speaker 2: Start from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I wanted to just do a plot point, but go ahead. The small hands are great with the ladies. O. B.
Speaker 2: G I. N. Cox and Turk walk the school halls, trying to predict the student's medical futures. Right right, yes, okay, So what's the first one.
Speaker 1: The first one is that they see traying and they comment that he has small hands and that he'll be great with the ladies because he has small way.
Speaker 2: And also because he has Nicky Whaling as.
Speaker 1: A Yes, he's got Nicki Willing as a girlfriend, so he's clearly good with the ladies hands, and he's got small hands for to be an obg in, I guess that would be a benefit to be an obgy.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I have never been to an obg y N, but.
Speaker 1: I think i'd prefer a doctor with small hands.
Speaker 2: Would you prefer a doctor with small hands when checking your rectum area? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why not? I wouldn't prefer a doctor with large hands.
Speaker 2: But when you want to be to make sure when.
Speaker 1: You want even if he's got small hands, he can aim a lot.
Speaker 2: More searching though. I feel like I feel like he can hit take around with small hands with big hand, it's like and and it's like, oh, ship. Yeah, I feel no.
Speaker 1: If I had the choice, I would choose a small hands for my rectal exam. Okay, okay. Lucy is going to be in pediatrics because she's taking care of Cole, who's baby.
Speaker 2: Like, right, and she gives him a she gives him a lollipop.
Speaker 1: Turk wants a student to look up to him. He doesn't have a a what do you call it? Thank you? Michael? So no one. He's jealous that that Cox has he has.
Speaker 2: True. Yeah, and Drew is a great Protegerew.
Speaker 1: Seems to be the best doctor. I mean, I think that's pretty clear, right.
Speaker 2: Du the dude a med student, pull it files from from beds and shit like that.
Speaker 1: I know, But Drew seems to be the only character that I think is going to be a great doctor. I mean the others, I mean, maybe the Law'll be okay, but True seems like he's a really good doctor.
Speaker 2: You don't think Triang will be a good doctor.
Speaker 1: Maybe. I just they're all so jokey and and Bishat's Luke character, Lucy is so flighty. Everyone seems kind of all over the place. I mean, if you were going to pick one of these men students to be your doctor. Wouldn't you pick Drue?
Speaker 2: Yes? Absolutely.
Speaker 1: You don't want Cole to do surgery, to do.
Speaker 2: Anything, not not at the end, by the end of this show, I don't want Cole as a doctor on me at all, to cut at.
Speaker 1: All ever, right, exactly, all right. So there's gonna be this thing called the Cadavers Ceremony where they honor the family. I'd be interested to know, Joel or Daniel if you could find out if this is actually a thing. But I guess you honor the families of the people that donated cadavers and thank them for the education the young doctors were able to get from a body from working on a cadaver. Out of the blue, Denise asked Drew to get married and or to have a baby. Yeah, escalating quickly, Michael, don't.
Speaker 2: You say zero to one hundred? Real quick?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah. Isn't that kind of the thing that the will they won't they? Scripts is always so good about the will.
Speaker 4: They won't they? And you know, people leaning into each other and leaning back, and then there's a commitment thing and then then that spooks people. But yeah, it was, it was fun.
Speaker 2: It was this was but this was crazy, man, like she went hardcore in this one, like she and you could tell that she's not playing around like usually Denise is playing around, and you know when she's talking, you know when they're talking, when they're I guess it's for play for them or yeah, I guess that's what it is like.
Speaker 4: Verbal dance kids on a playground where you like hit the girl over the head of your lunchbox to tell her you like it.
Speaker 2: But then you guys going bug after that, which makes no sense.
Speaker 1: It turns them on this This sort of repartee is what is their foreplay? You're right, but she comes right in with let's get married, and then that really freaks out, Uh, Drew, He's not down with that crazy talk. Cole's cancer is gone and completely, and even though we learned that he's back in the Tanning bed already, and Cole really wants to be Turk's protege.
Speaker 2: Well, he has surgeon like qualities, I should say.
Speaker 1: Well, because he's similar to the Todd in that he's sort.
Speaker 2: Of cocky, self absorbed.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is a surgeons stereotype, that they're cocky and self centered, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to be. It's a it's a look We're going to have somebody on the show who was a surgeon who did something like three thousand surgeries in a month. All right, you gotta be a cocky motherfucker to do that.
Speaker 1: That wasn't the number, was it.
Speaker 2: It was something in the fucking number, dude. It was like three thousand, dude, I swear when he said that, shit, I was like, what do you have a fucking conveyor belt and it just goes? Did you get body after body?
Speaker 9: G Hey, fake doctors, listeners, it's your boy, DJ Danel. I wanted to offer a quick clarification, so Donald did hear the right number? It was three thousand, but it wasn't three thousand surgeries. It was three thousand units of work. And so I brought this up to Darren and wanted a clarification. So what was spectacular was that Darren did three thousands of units of work and a month, whereas the average for a surgeon is about ten thousand per year. Now, each surgery has a different assignment for how many units it's worth based on complexity. Looking back at his log, he did eighty surgeries in October of twenty twenty three, so that is what he was referring to it. Eighty is still a lot of surgeries, but it's not three thousand. Just wanted to offer a little clarification.
Speaker 1: I forgot what did he work on that guy? What was he was an orthopedic surgeon?
Speaker 2: Oh, no, I don't know that. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: You forgot what it was. We're gonna We're gonna have him on because he was pretty amazing. We spoke Donald and I. This gentleman doctor donated to a charity that Jake Tapper does every year for for wounded warriors, and so Donald and I did a zoom call with him, and he was so interesting and his story was so incredible. We're like, we got to have you on the show because we just want to We shouldn't be just doing this privately. We want to tell you to tell everybody what you do.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So then there's a fantasy that Lucy has where there's a marching band for a different patient named Ron.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a fantasy. That's what they that's what she knows that they're gonna do.
Speaker 1: She was, Oh, she was at the rehearsal. Okay, and and Ron had a vestigial tale, which I guess people can be born with the tale.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that? Wasn't that?
Speaker 1: In it was a movie with Jason Alexander.
Speaker 2: He has a Yeah, Jason Alley, uh, what's his name? Him? And Jack black Weed?
Speaker 4: Not even about seeing women's Yeah, smaller or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, shallow how movie.
Speaker 1: That's what it was, shallow how and he and he has a tail.
Speaker 2: At the end of it. Yeah, and it wags at the end.
Speaker 1: That's so gross, is it?
Speaker 2: Why? Because you don't Because you don't have one. There's somebody out there. And when you said that, ship was like, oh, man, fuck you, Zach. There's a couple of listeners that were like, man, Sach's a dick man talk about my tail and I'm gross.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry if you have a tail. I really want to apologize. I just think canceling people.
Speaker 2: Can't listen to tell people he's trying to cancel you.
Speaker 1: You sent me on the Instagram stories being like this is hey, it's me. I want to apologize Tail. My words. My words were misinterpreted. I did not mean to write the tail community.
Speaker 7: Please are my privacy right now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna log off. I'm gonna log off all social media for a little while and take a break and reflect. I want you all to know that I'm I am, I am meeting with leaders in the TAIL community, and I'm educating myself on all things tail.
Speaker 2: There are a couple of people who are not happy with this.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there's anyone who I wonder if there's anyone who can really genuinely wag their tail, like like like.
Speaker 2: There's got to be. There's got to be. There's got to be. If some people can do their eyebrows, some people can pop their booties.
Speaker 1: And Joel, can you look up, if anyone with a vistage tail can actually wag it, there's got And I want to say that Joel Noel did come up with the truth that at the end of the semesters, students say goodbye to the donors, and this person wrote. My research found that more than nine out of ten medical schools mark this occasion with a memorial ceremony. Ceremonies also take place at schools for other branches of healthcare, such as osteopathy and physical therapy. Wherever students learn from body donors, they gather to express their gratitude for a gift that can never be reciprocated. Well, there you go. So Joelle found that it's true. While in most humans, the cock six remains hidden inside the body, where it serves as a point of muscular attachment and not much more, in rare instances, infants are born with protuberant tales extending from this structure. What is this? These tales may contain additional vertebrae, and disturbingly can even.
Speaker 8: Wag Let's take a break, We'll be right back after these fine words, let's continue on.
Speaker 1: Cole decides he really wants to be a surgeon. He wants to call his practice coal cuts. You said. Turk says that surgery is long, tedious and boring, like episode and then he says, like episodes of Entourage that are about Turtle. I guess this must I do remember Entourage and and I, and I think I thought Turtle was very funny. So I disagree with this joke. Watch this must have been the height of Entourage, because if we're making Entourage related jokes, Yeah, I watched Hourage.
Speaker 2: I watched a lot.
Speaker 1: I thought it was really good.
Speaker 2: I looked forward. I remember looking forward to that show.
Speaker 1: I think it was just particularly because we grew up and not we grew up but we spent a lot of time in Hollywood and it was spoofing Hollywood, So I I I related to it, and I was dating Mandy at the time when she did an arc on it as as she was in a movie with Adrian's character. Man, is that what they did?
Speaker 2: Was she an aquaman?
Speaker 1: Way, Daniel, you were a background actor and an episode of Ontage? What's that story? Yes? I was so okay, let's sorry.
Speaker 9: Very briefly, I'm at my sister's Jewish day school. They had a silent auction where it just looked like they were auctioning off assigned DVD, but it was actually assigned DVD in a walk on roll. No one else bid on it. My mom put like one hundred bucks down, and so I got to be on an episode of Entourage. It's the episode Sorry Ari, and I am one of the junior agents right behind. I can't remember the guy's name, but he's like the competing agent and he leans in and he goes, well, by the way, Turtle, all my assistants loved to fuck, and then you.
Speaker 1: See my face right next to him. Wow, fans can go look for that. What's the name of the episode?
Speaker 2: Sorry Ari?
Speaker 1: Episode of Sorry, Ari, Sorry, I think so. It's like it was like Josh Goldstein I think was the name of the.
Speaker 2: Comes in as the as as an agent at one point too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that. Daniel, were you a fan of the show. Definitely? I love the show. Yeah, same kind of thing.
Speaker 9: I grew up around Hollywood, and so seeing all these places that I knew, I was like, this is you know, this is my hometown.
Speaker 1: And it really was, you know, I never lived that life in Hollywood of like onsourage stuff, but it was supposedly Mark Wahlberg's experience, right, so that it was sort of showing what the life of that of a star like that, what it was like?
Speaker 2: What was his Aquaman? Because I remember what was the movie that Mark Wahlberg became really famous for, Bogie Knights, Right, that's.
Speaker 1: It, Boogie Knights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's a good fucking movie, dude. That's a fucking good movie.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's a great movie. I don't know what his Aquaman would be. What do you think his Aquaman would be? Or maybe they were just spoofing the idea.
Speaker 2: Of he has a lot of he has a lot of hits man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as you did the Fighter. He was kind of The Fighter was really big. Did you get a fighter?
Speaker 2: I love the Fighter with him and fucking Batman. She was dope, all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, right, well go ahead.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that show that I just wanted to say that show was fucking it was. It was a necessity for me weekly that in Battlestar Galactica.
Speaker 1: I remember, okay, yeah, Lucy's trying to rally the troops to do this. Nobody cares. Drew wants no part of it. He's dealing with the fact that that there's now a hole in his dorm room between his and Denise's rooms.
Speaker 2: And she wants to live together now.
Speaker 1: Because and she really wants to live together, and he's really flipping out about that. He does not want to cohabitate with her.
Speaker 2: Did you think she was fucking with him or did you think that this was something I thought she was fucking with him, and this was something that she was you know, planning to you know, you know, just to be crazy, so they I don't know, man, it just seemed like a big switch for her. Everything everything before this was I'm so nervous about us being together like this, and now all of a sudden she's being practical, and I thought that was weird. Look, we're together, let's live together. We're gonna have a where she's is so expensive next year, you know.
Speaker 1: But if you're dating a woman and all of a sudden she's like, let's get married, just kidding, let's have a baby, just kidding. Oh wait, let's live together. I mean, you can understand why Drew's a little like whoa, whoa, whoa?
Speaker 2: Yeah fuck yeah, But I'm saying it came out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: And also just put you know, putting a hole in a wall, breaking a hole.
Speaker 7: Into a wall, that's a pretty seer. I don't know, suche hammer to a wall.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a suspect of move and it's a weird way to to to bring up the subject of moving in with your partners to break a wall.
Speaker 2: She blames it on she blames it on moisture, and it's like, bullshit, moisture did this?
Speaker 1: But did you know? I mean, in the episode, it's a reveal that Drew finds the sledge did you put together? Together? That she had done it earlier on.
Speaker 2: Very clear that she had done it.
Speaker 1: It was very clear, Well you're smiling, what do you think do you think it was clear to you that she had done it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Immediately, I think even in my notes, I was like, how did she pull this? Like did she go upstairs? I thought she knocked the guy out upstairs in the extra while like what the wall to figure it out?
Speaker 2: But no, I was.
Speaker 5: I was like, she's trying to do something here.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't understand why she was doing it until later, but I knew she was definitely behind it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I thought it was funny when Drew finds it, He's like, is this a sledgehammer?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love how casual he was about it. They're my favorite couple. They're so cute.
Speaker 2: I was like, I may, that's so fucking cute.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Obviously the show had continued, it would have leaned into you two, because you guys did have great chemistry together.
Speaker 2: It was fun. Yeah, He's like that shit was so long ago, and it was only one season. I don't necessarily remember all of it, Guys, be honest with you. You can say it, Mike, it's all right, don't worry about it.
Speaker 7: Well, no, it was a lot of adrenaline.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It was like it was you know, because we like again. It was like the first time that and we were like all there together and we were kind of this was just a new experience.
Speaker 7: So yeah, there was a lot of adrenaline kind of to it.
Speaker 4: And even though you know, we kept our cool and everything like that, but uh, it was wild. Man. I haven't seen this stuff in forever, and watching that, watching thirteen, it was It's crazy. It's crazy because I don't remember these jokes. I don't remember some of the choices that I made. Them are kind of cringey. But sometimes I don't know. It's just it's a it is weird.
Speaker 2: You think you did all right, bro? I think he did career after and before it's pretty good. Bro.
Speaker 1: I think you fare you fare best. And everyone's wonderful. Don't get me wrong. It's such a talented group of people. But in terms of uh, I think who navigated the tone the best. I think you you win. And that includes me and Donald, including myself. Just for season nine, Mike, calm down.
Speaker 2: Just season nine.
Speaker 4: No, No, all right.
Speaker 1: So I did laugh at one line in this whole episode when Cole says that he can't read old people clocks.
Speaker 2: No, I laughed at another line.
Speaker 1: You didn't laugh at that.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: They cut to a They cut to a standard clock, and Cole, who's trying to be a surgeon, says, I can't read old people clocks.
Speaker 2: He's perfect for surgery. I laughed at she's treating I'm treating Treng to a Vietnamese year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, you got it wrong. Treng told her that it was Vietnamese Valentine's Day. You can get a company from her.
Speaker 2: Right, And he turns and looks at him and goes, it's not really I laughed very hard at that.
Speaker 1: Puts Cole through some sort of bizarre boot camp to try and talk him out of being a surgeon. He's spraying catch up on him while he tries to get the fortune out of a fortune cookie. There's a light in his face as the drum line comes in. Turk is really going all out to make sure that Cole gives up trying to be a surgeon.
Speaker 2: He hired a drum line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely had to pay the drum line.
Speaker 2: They come in scrubs though.
Speaker 1: It's like a it's like a what do you call it? A basic training for the military. He's trying, you try, You're like you're like Lucas to distract him. Yes, you're lou gossiting him.
Speaker 2: Well, no, lu Gass Jr. Was really trying to get them motherfuckers to quit. Quit was he drowned one of them. He drowned one of them. He drowned, and then he choked another one out in this movie, like he chokes a motherfucker out.
Speaker 1: I wonder from the military if you're allowed to go full lou Gossip anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Maybe special Forces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Navy Seals, maybe maybe special Forces. They had a Navy Seals reality.
Speaker 2: Well it's a Special Forces. This wassed to be a pilot. That's not an easy job.
Speaker 1: No, of course, but but uh, they had a I don't know if you've ever seen it. They did like a to show how hard it is to become a seal. They showed seal training in a reality show and it was it was fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Michael, have you ever done any military training?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael, you could. You look like you could play a soldier. You looked you look badass enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had to do some gun stuff and like this show. Years ago, I went, I did Generation Kill, which was a David Simon thing about the invasion of Iraq and we went to went to Maputo, Mozambique and had to shave our heads and hang out with all of these real like one of the guys is actually in this. It was and became an actor, but he was a reco marine and he was so pretty and that they just put him in front of the camp. But yeah, some of that stuff. But yeah, some gun stuff. You guys done gun stuff and like running, like had to do all this.
Speaker 7: You guys have to do that.
Speaker 2: Zach loves to shoot guns. I don't necessarily like to shoot guns.
Speaker 1: I did a movie called Going in Style that had a bunch of gun stuff, and it's always fun to direct that stuff. And I do enjoy going to the gun range. I think that that's fun. But I've never really done much, uh, gun and stuff as an actor.
Speaker 2: I've never done much gun stuff as an actor too. I've done action, but all my action has been fists and hands and stuff like that, not a lot of not a lot of blaster fire or anything.
Speaker 1: Mosley tell us about Ozark. That was fucking you did you did nine episodes of that. That was a great show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was fun. Yeah, yeah, that was that was it was.
Speaker 4: It was you know, the thing about Ozark is traffics and just sudden violence, like just out of nowhere, some heed will explode and there's guts everywhere. But then you know, they called cut and Bateman would just be joking around and everybody be like cutting it up. At one point in season two, I'm spoiler. I'm in the basement, like I think my bait. I got Laura Lenny locked up, you know, or like tied her up to a chair, and I'm freaking out and Laura's like, you know, she's like she's like doing this long monologue and she's looking at me, and they call cut and the director comes over to me and he's like, I don't think you would be smiling during this scene. And I go, what, I don't. He goes, you were just like smiling. You were just like looking at Laura Lenny and smiling, and I just I had no idea, and I go, I think I was just looking at America's Laura Lenny and she was like talking to me, and I was just like and I forgot to like be this in that moment because I was just so happy to be like I was just like just staring at this person.
Speaker 7: You know. It was a fun show.
Speaker 1: That was great. I had Jason did such a fantastic job and uh and I really thought it was excellent.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody had ever seen a character like that before, a character from a character that was so sneaky and so conniving and so like and and had a wife that was and I only know this because I want.
Speaker 7: More gangster than she was than he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but could be but still could be so calm in any situation, no matter what it was. It could be a freaking gun in his head and he'd be like, okay, now listen, this is why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, give me two seconds, give me two minutes. Just give you two minutes.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: It's like that's what was always about it.
Speaker 4: He's like, if you just give me like one second, you know. And he would just always talk himself out of this stuff. It was a really cool character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I've seen that before.
Speaker 1: It was a great show. All right, we when to say a quick break and then we'll finish up. We'll be right back after this message from our sponsors, and we're bad.
Speaker 2: Girl a girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Turky gets called to do surgery on Teddy Bears.
Speaker 2: That doesn't go well, No, it does not, But it's unfair too. He freaks the kid out by making him go up against.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're a horrible, horrible teacher. Let's just say that.
Speaker 2: I mean freaks the kid out, Like why would you start easy? But when you're going to be surgeonist if you can beat the cheap of surgery.
Speaker 1: I know, but you're such a dickhead of a teacher, Like, even if the kid's annoying.
Speaker 2: I would rather be a dickhead of a teacher than an absentee cast mate. Zach, where were you? This old season?
Speaker 1: Cuts deep? That cuts deep the last episode, on the last episode, on the last episode of the rewatch podcast, you are really bringing in some like deep cuts of do you want to talk to Michael Moseley about how you felt that you weren't invite I did to cast gatherings the Mike resentment?
Speaker 2: Is it because I called you Winslow? Is it because I was calling Winslow?
Speaker 7: Winslow? You didn't know my name?
Speaker 4: This party for people who.
Speaker 2: Wasn't because you heard about the night I got drunk and fucking was walking up Laurel Canyon home.
Speaker 1: That was amazing.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't hear that story.
Speaker 1: Even once someone who was gonna get so drunk they'd walk up Laurel Canyon Boulevard at his party.
Speaker 2: I was pissed.
Speaker 1: You know, we got you guys in all seriousness, did you guys party and stuff? Because when we were when we were the young, when we were the young, you didn't.
Speaker 4: No, we never really did. That's because you know, you know, we've just gotten on the show and my partner at the time, we just moved out to la and we had this tiny, little two bedroom. We're like, well, you know, I'm on a show. Now, that's a very Hollywood thing. We start, we have like a Christmas party or whatever. We would bite people over. I'm like socially fucking clumsy as hell. And I was like on set and I was like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and I'm like kind of tacking.
Speaker 4: Are you guys around on Saturday?
Speaker 1: If I threw a party?
Speaker 7: Would that be a thing? And you know, and you guys were like, you know, you guys were kind of intimidating. I didn't really know.
Speaker 4: And then all of a sudden, Rap shows up and he's like Mosley's throwing a fucking party. And then he was and you started telling you like did you get invited? And no, no, and then ever and I was like so embarrassed. I was like, no, it wasn't like that. I was kind of just setting out feelers to see if a party was something anybody was interested in. And it was really funny. And then the next day then I went and got flyers and they started handing them out, and I was like, did I come to the party of beard Cake? You did come to the party?
Speaker 2: You fucker say, this is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: He handed down flyers. Dude, everyone, that's what I feel like.
Speaker 2: I feel like that guy. I feel like that guy right now. You see that Buffalo wild wings commercial? Well did he get four extra wings? Yeah, that's what I feel like right now.
Speaker 1: So, Michael, you handed out flyers and I came to the party. Was als and Janny at the party?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Sure, Alison Janey?
Speaker 7: No, not at all a little bit.
Speaker 1: I remember the party with Alison Janny. I wonder if that was your party? All right, Well, Donald, this this really kind of throws a wrench in your idea of not being invited, since Michael made flyers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think you were there that day.
Speaker 2: Donald.
Speaker 4: It was like probably was a three day thing, like from Wednesday till like a Friday, like a Saturday party like Wednesday. It was like.
Speaker 1: It was like a Coachella. It was a total weekend a party.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: We rented a boat.
Speaker 7: It was a whole thing. It was wine tasting, it was a whole You.
Speaker 2: Went fishing, you fight Savice, I see, we camp.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like good Coachella. We camped on his front lawn.
Speaker 7: Everybody got iPods.
Speaker 2: Everybody got iPods too. Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, little swag bags and everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, So getting through this this episode, Ben's son Eric hated him. He doesn't want any special tribute for him, and Todd is making erotic novelty wines that they're Sulivan Dong shardan Gay teeny Weeny Peach creatio so stupid. But shardon Gay is.
Speaker 2: Somebody who ever pitched that in the writer's room was like Sharton Gay.
Speaker 1: I bet you, I bet you. If the right person made and marketed Shardon Gay, it could do really really well.
Speaker 2: What color is it?
Speaker 1: Well the label has rainbows, for sure, but it's just regular shardonnay color, but it's just marketed the right person.
Speaker 4: When I was living in Queens and a Story of Queens, there's this totally unfortunate restaurant name. It was the most unfortunate name. It was called wine Gasm.
Speaker 2: It was the.
Speaker 4: Worst name for a restaurant. I was like, Oh, somebody put got letters put that on their in big on their building and called it Wineasm. And I was just like, oh, that's so weird.
Speaker 2: You know. There was a committee of people that had a conversation with that person and was like, I don't know, dude, like windasm, yo, I'm doing it, doing it. Oh.
Speaker 1: I did laugh when when Michael when Drew says that he had to go to seventeen horse funerals, that was kind of funny. Then Drew, this is weird. Drew asked Cox how to dive in and set aside his fears and really just let go. And then Cox He's like, no, not another sensitive person asking me for advice.
Speaker 2: Oh that was that's weird.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a reference to JD. The final little reference to JD, like don't be a JD, don't fall in love, No, don't come to me with your whiny emotional sensitivity problems.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Come on, bro? Like I got everybody got issues, everybody got problems, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't. You wouldn't. Let if someone came to you for advice, you would, you would give it to them.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to it just like cocks, same thing. Nobody wants to be the freaking nobody wants to have that all unloaded on them. But we do it. I mean do it because we're good people.
Speaker 1: I'm a really good pep talk giver. You come to me, Yeah, but you.
Speaker 2: Do it because you're a good person. You don't do it because you fucking want to. It's like, fuck shit, all right, I'll solve it with you, then let's go.
Speaker 1: They're not doing it because.
Speaker 2: You're not sitting there saying, hey, listen to me, world, come to me with your ship please.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's frustrating when the person you're giving advice to over and over again isn't making any changes and they're just bitching. That's frustrating. But but I feel like for people that are actually going to take action, I can give a hell of a pep talk one audience. I've started a hotline.
Speaker 2: Here we go. This is a mistake. This is a mistake.
Speaker 1: Call me with your problems.
Speaker 2: Hey, did you notice this?
Speaker 1: What is it an or ring?
Speaker 2: Why am I showing it to you? If it's not an or ring?
Speaker 1: You're a little bit pixelated. But uh, but yeah, that's awesome. How long have you had it?
Speaker 2: Two days? It's fun, right, it's really cool with the sleep ship.
Speaker 1: I love the sleep Ship.
Speaker 2: The sleep shits cool.
Speaker 1: Except when you when you wake up and you're like, fuck, I didn't get enough rem sleep. I get very competitive with myself, do you. Yeah, Like I want to do ten thousand a day?
Speaker 2: You ten thousand? It does it?
Speaker 1: Track track the bike as good as attracts steps. But in New York City it's so easy to get ten thousand steps to day. You just walk around. In LA it's harder because you got to like, you got to plan it. You gotta do it.
Speaker 2: You got to go to walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you walk or a hike or or you know, because it's such a you know, you got to do it in New York. Okay, just by the time you I mean I do go to the gym here, but also by the time you run a few errands walk around, meet some friends. You'll hit it. I ride my bike a lot here, so I'm not sure that it tracks cycling as well as it tracks steps. But I don't know, but I love it.
Speaker 2: Are you in the nightlife?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? That was a non secutor? But what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Are you out and about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm going to dinners and stuff. I'm not like going to the CLERB. There's the less go to the club I go to. I go to the theater, I go to MSG Lately, I go to dinners.
Speaker 2: Michael Mosley, when's the last time you were in the CLERB?
Speaker 4: I don't even remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, not much of a club guy, Joelle Tooell do you go to the club?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: If I'm in Chicago, I will go to the club where people appreciate good house music.
Speaker 2: Uh, and the vibe is dope. Here in LA it's weird.
Speaker 5: Everybody's like. I came to be seen and to be looked at and look at other people. And that's I can do that.
Speaker 4: I't like.
Speaker 5: There something I gotta like clubs in l A for a Chicago club myself, DJ.
Speaker 1: Daniel, DJ Jannel, You must go to the club. You gotta go to the club in Brooklyn. Too old for the club now, No, there's you don't.
Speaker 2: Know how to freaking rock the crowd. We did the live show with you, we saw ye.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I played a show in September loved last year, and I think that was the last time I was in the club. I was also playing, so that was the last time I was at the club.
Speaker 1: All right, that's the final episode of Scrubs. Everyone, Michael, thank you for being here to uh to celebrate with us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, congratulations.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got it, I got a hold on.
Speaker 4: I gotta hit that.
Speaker 1: I got it, hold on stand by everyone's oh no, please sit I imagine if you're listening at home, you probably took a moment to stand up and applaud. We want you to sit back down. It's unnecessary. Down its please please? It s all right, Well we did it. You know this whole time we've been doing this, we've been watching these episodes and making our notes good and bad. We're not doing that anymore.
Speaker 2: Donald, Well, it would be a different version of.
Speaker 1: We'll still have to do our research on our guests. Donald. The show continues next week. It's gonna be really great. Stick with us. You're going to enjoy it. Thanks for doing the rewatch experiment with us, Michael Mosley, an honor to see you, sir, guys.
Speaker 4: It's great to see you guys again, and congratulations on this podcast and everything.
Speaker 2: It's it's a hit.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Michael. We appreciate you. And it's fun. It's a blast, you know. We we we just love to just joke around once a week and be silly and we know it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Mike. You're right though, because we just found out that the you know, the head of iHeart is a huge fan of our podcast.
Speaker 1: So is So this is going to go on there. We're Donald's gonna be live broadcasting from my funeral on this podcast. We're gonna do it for our lives.
Speaker 2: I want to be an old fucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going it right before he goes into win Beneath My Wings, He's gonna be broadcasting live on iHeart from my funeral.
Speaker 2: You want one Beneath My Wings? That's the song you choose?
Speaker 1: Or Babies Got Back but like a slow r and b Babies Got Back.
Speaker 2: I wish I could play the piano like that young man we had on Early.
Speaker 1: We got to have him on Joanna I'm so excited to have him on and have him just do some some like he does. Such a good he does, such a good musical theater, stereotypical guy voice. I like them. I like big butts, and I cannot lie. You can't deny, but I'll.
Speaker 2: See a round thing, it bitty waist in your face.
Speaker 1: You get sprum got you. Other brothers can deny.
Speaker 2: When you see your round thing with an itty bitty waiste.
Speaker 1: You other brothers can't deny. All right, body, We're gonna be off for a couple of weeks. That is the end of this wonderful experiment of watching nine seasons of Scrums. But when we come back, we have a whole new show for you. It's basically the same vibe us all shooting the ship, but we're gonna have a really fun guests and we don't want it to end. We hope that you stay with us, because it's gonna be the fun will continue, right Donald.
Speaker 3: And the words of Pippin, Yes, join us, leave your feels to flyowers, yes, and joy us, leave yo cheese to sad.
Speaker 2: Hours, join us.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, come on.
Speaker 2: Waste an hour or two, dude, lead do That's what we're saying, dude, lead do.
Speaker 1: All right, so we'll see you soon. All right, five, six, seven, eight Stories. I'm not sure we made about a bunch of talks and nurses in Canada. I said, here's the stories next. All s no, so YadA round here, up, YadA round you here ups.
Speaker 2: But shows that no