Speaker 1: Second date up date.
Speaker 2: We've got a guy on the phone for a second date update today. His name is Kurt, and Kurt's request is kind of weird because normally when people write into the show for help, there was an actual date that happened. But Kurt hasn't really been out with this woman yet.
Speaker 3: Why are we even talking that?
Speaker 4: It doesn't count so many people that request these I'm sorry, why are we wasting time with people that aren't following?
Speaker 2: Well, it's kind of like, you know, middle school rules where Kurt wants us to ask her friend to go ask her if she likes him, and then she'll tell her friend to come back to us, and then we'll report it back to Kurt, like do you like I like them? Like like like circle yes no? Or maybe on this crumpled up piece.
Speaker 3: Of paper an adult these days?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know, Kurt? Can you all right?
Speaker 1: I have been extremely misrepresented already that Jeff I am an adult. I've asked her out, We've actually shared and finger food, so we kind of happened on a day.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, well maybe your email just confused me. Why don't you tell us a little bit more about her?
Speaker 1: I'll break it down for you so that you can understand a little better.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Like you obviously listened to the show. You need to talk slow.
Speaker 1: I know how to handle you, guys.
Speaker 2: So what's her name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Cassie, Cassie, and how'd you meet her.
Speaker 1: I'm actually a server for a catering company, and so I actually get hit on by women a lot of these parties, but they're usually much older than me and the kind of like cougars who have had fu too many champagne flutes.
Speaker 4: I was going to comment on how hot I think men with food are, but now I'm not going to after you finish that sentence.
Speaker 3: No, I'm very young and hip.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so is Cassie one of the cougars.
Speaker 1: No, I finally met a nice, beautiful lady who is in my age range.
Speaker 3: That's exciting.
Speaker 4: And I mean, did you did you notice her first or did she notice you?
Speaker 1: I mean I definitely noticed her. I don't know when she noticed me, but she was with her little group of friends, and she was wearing this very sexy little black dress. And I'm very observant, and I have to be especially observant when I noticed a gorgeous young woman. If I noticed that she likes this particular little finger food that we were serving at these mashed sweet potato avocado bites.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, women in their avocados, they can't resist, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Matter what they actually are really good. So I noticed that she was like really digging the so a buddy of mine, I was like, yo, dude, let me get that tray. So I switched the trays and then I was like circling back to her little group of friends as much as possible, just so I could like interact with her and just kind of get a feel for you know what she was all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like sprinting all the way around the outside of the party and coming right back to her.
Speaker 4: And now I'm realizing, see why all the uggos at these parties are always carrying the crappy ass because the hot guys took the good You got.
Speaker 2: To trade up for the best food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you guys would be surprised. That's really actually very accurate. I know.
Speaker 2: I love getting this insight into the catering world. All right, So you were talking with Cassie a lot. How did that go?
Speaker 1: It was great? I mean, she was really flirty. She's really funny, like she's witty and cool. And then at one point, like I was like, whoa, she's into me because she said to me, she was like, do you have an extra Naprican because sometimes I'm kind of a dirty girl.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was like, whoa.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, no, I don't because I'm a dirty boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, She's like no, Actually, it's why I'm wearing a black dress. I tend to stay in everything that I own.
Speaker 1: She was definitely just like being funny. It was cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's a good sign.
Speaker 4: Right, and then you're thinking it's on. I mean, it was your turn to make a move.
Speaker 3: What'd you do?
Speaker 1: I fully put my trade down and I just started having a full conversation with her. Eventually my boss came over and was like, yo, got to get that to work.
Speaker 3: But oh, it's a catering bad boy.
Speaker 4: I see.
Speaker 2: So you told us that you didn't go on an official date with her, So how did this end.
Speaker 1: At the end of the night, I was like, we should hang out and she was like, yeah, it's really fun, and we exchanged numbers and we started texting and after what she was doing on Friday, and I got no response. I texted her again and I was like, yeah, did you get my text? And I never heard anything from her. So it's been like almost a week. Like, maybe she has a boyfriend. Maybe she was drunk and I didn't actually like me. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe you're not as sexy without tray of avocados in your hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Maybe she only likes me when she can get free little finger foods from part.
Speaker 4: Of your You were the gateway to the sweet potatoes. So what what's your instinct? What is your instinct telling you?
Speaker 1: Maybe she's turned off by me being a caterwaiter. I don't know. But she gained her number, So.
Speaker 2: It is a good sign, though that she took the time to flirt with you and gave you her number. I mean those are all signs that she probably he is single, or she's a terrible girlfriend. I don't know exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean she was with like what seemed like all the best friends. So I feel like if she was burried, you were like had a boyfriend, she wouldn't be openly flirring with some guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that this sounds hopeful. I think we can get you a date.
Speaker 2: So let's play a song. We'll come back and we'll call your Sweet Potato Princess and we'll try and get you a second date update.
Speaker 1: All right, bro, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 2: All right, hold on, we all know there's certain things a woman just can't resist, like a man with a guitar, a man in a freshly pressed uniform hello, or a man carrying a tray of sweet potato avocado bites.
Speaker 3: Get over here, big boy.
Speaker 2: She'll definitely be whispering I want you in my mouth, even if she's only talking to those avocado bites.
Speaker 1: You guys need to be locked up.
Speaker 2: That's one of our listeners, Kurt, who emailed us for a second ate update. He was carrying a tray of delicious appetizers when he met a woman named Cassie at a party because he was working the event as part of a catering team and actually traded dishes with another server because he noticed Cassie like that particular food so much and she seemed to be flirting with him, and at the end of the night she even said I'd be down to hang out. But she hasn't responded to any of his texts since.
Speaker 1: Then that's pretty much the story, Kurt.
Speaker 2: I just really hope it's not one of those situations where it's like, oh, I don't want to date the hired help. You know, I'll flirt with them, maybe fool around in a coat closet really quick, but not date them. Ugh, it's below me.
Speaker 1: I mean, hey, that's the truth. I want to know it so I can move on. But I don't think she's like that.
Speaker 4: I don't think so either, because she wouldn't have given you her phone number if she thought that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. Well, let's call Cassie and find out. You ready to do this, Kurt, Yep, let's do this. Here we go. Hello, Hi, can I speak to Cassie? Please speaking? Hi Cassie. My name is Jeffrey from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. You have a moment to talk with us.
Speaker 5: What is this about?
Speaker 2: This is about a segment we do on our show called a second Date Update. Have you ever heard of that before?
Speaker 5: I might have, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well. The way it works is if you go out on a date with someone and afterwards they're not calling you back, you can email our show and we'll reach out to that person for you to figure out the reason why.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: And so we got an email about you recently from a guy you met named Kurt.
Speaker 5: Oh, technically I never went on a date with him, so I don't know if I'm really supposed to be like talking about all this.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, let's let's forget the date stuff, whether it was a date or not, Like, did you like him? Did you feel connection? Because he definitely felt one with you. He said that you even told him that you'd be down to hang out with him sometime.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I would just maybe like in a group setting, you know, like nothing romantically. And I don't really know how to tell him that.
Speaker 3: Are you not single?
Speaker 5: No, I'm not in a relationship. It's just like he's off limits.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why is he off limits? If you're single and you think he's cute and you like him, what's the problem you your parent's not letting you date yet?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: To be one hundred percent honest, one of my friends called DIBs on him that night, and I was like, okay, so I yeah, but you.
Speaker 4: Can't call DIBs on someone if they're not interested in you, Like she could call Dibbs if he gave her his phone number. She doesn't get to call Dibbs if he gave you his phone number.
Speaker 5: Well, it doesn't really work that way, because, like, I have a big group of friends and it was like, literally my friend Rebecca's turn to call DIBs on whoever she wanted to do that night. And you know, we just kind of like respect this kind of thing in my group of friends going on.
Speaker 4: But why can't you talk to Rebecca about Dibbs because it doesn't make any sense?
Speaker 2: Did you hear her? Respect?
Speaker 5: I did talk to her about it, and honestly, I don't want any drama, guys. I just really want to avoid that at all costs. And when I spoke to her, she was just like, no, like I called Dibbs and that means something. So, but how is Rebecca ever.
Speaker 4: Even gonna find Kurt again? Rebecca doesn't have Kurt's phone number, or does she? Maybe Kurt gave out his phone number to multiple women.
Speaker 5: No, Like, I literally was just gonna like text him and see how I kind of like hooked them up together.
Speaker 1: I feel, yeah.
Speaker 3: You were going to be the wing woman there, Dude, what can.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's the same, like you you call that dude, and like nobody else gets to hit on him that night so that there's no drama later.
Speaker 3: Right. Cassie followed me on this one.
Speaker 5: Hundred percent, So basically she saw him first. She said, Hey, I called DIBs on him, and everyone else is to just kind of fall back and we just respected. It's cold, you know, that whole sisters before Mister's kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Huhs makes sense. I just I mean, it kind of makes sense. But I wonder if it makes sense to Kurt. What I forgot to tell you, Cassie that Kurt's been on the other line listening. Oh my god, Yeah, no, I'm serious.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, this is so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Hey, Cassie, long time your talk. Hi.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm I'm I'm all right. You know, it's like a weird situation and you're definitely my type. I just want to put that out there, And I mean, I don't know how much you heard, but like basically, Rebecca, my blonde friend, the one that was with us, and like the distress. Yeah, she called Dibbs and there's really nothing.
Speaker 1: I can do, all right, Why don't you give me Rebecca's number. I'll call her up. We can work this out.
Speaker 4: WHOA, So you're going to negotiate, Kurt, or are you just gonna date her?
Speaker 1: I'm going to negotiate. I don't have an interest in dating her. I'm clearly into Cassie. And if her friend is holding her back from like seeing a guy that she's into, like that's not being a friend.
Speaker 5: That's a very good point, Kurt, you know what, that's so nice of you to say. But I don't want that kind of drama. I'll lose a friendship over it. And it's really too much, you know what.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 5: She's a really nice person, but like she gets pissed off. She's very vindictive.
Speaker 3: A way, Cassy. I mean, she sounds like a kind of terrible friend.
Speaker 2: I'm not a totally sweet girl, but I will effing kill you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, if that girl is that much drama, why do you even want in your life anyway?
Speaker 5: No, we've just been friends for forever.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's just the kind of person who kind of like has your back and all of that, and it's just like always available. But you put her off in one of these kind of ways, she'll just like go nuts. Like, we have another friend in our group who ended up puking up with our brother, and Rebecca's so pissed off she had this girl's card stowed.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, that is very vindictive. I mean, but a brother hookup situation is different than this guy doesn't like you, Rebecca and he likes me.
Speaker 5: Sorry, right, that seems even worse.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let me ask Kathy this. What if I go on one fake date with your friend Rebecca. Yeah, I'll be like a total pig. I'll like have terrible manners, like I won't put on deodorant that night, and then afterwards it's like the dib has been given up, undibbed.
Speaker 5: I don't think it works that way. That's really really sweet of you to try.
Speaker 1: I mean, so you're afraid of losing a friendship, but aren't you afraid of losing true love? Jesse and I.
Speaker 4: Even am true to the dib okay rule.
Speaker 3: Yes, I back.
Speaker 2: My heart is melting right now from every word that comes out of Kurt's mouth.
Speaker 1: Give me one date, and if it's horrible and you don't want to see me again, then Rebecca or whatever her name is doesn't even to know about it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what do you say?
Speaker 5: Ridiculous? I feel I so pressured right now.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, don't feel pressured. Just go out with him while everybody is listening, and we will offer to pay for that date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, question grouping? Would you be open to that? Will hang out like in a group.
Speaker 1: And see like with Rebecca.
Speaker 3: No, that is a dumb idea Cassie fight you.
Speaker 2: Bet in front of him.
Speaker 5: Guys, there's just like a girl's code. I just can't do it.
Speaker 2: I know girl's code was meant to be broken.
Speaker 4: Come on, if she's a good friend, she'll understand, and if not, she'll make me suffer.
Speaker 2: Brooke is signing off as a female that it's okay to break girl code on this one.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, because her girl code is entering into ridiculous code.
Speaker 3: Like you know, you can only take it so.
Speaker 4: Far and always your friend's happiness should be at the forefront of every decision, and that is not true for Rebecca.
Speaker 5: Guys, I'm really so sorry, but my decision is final.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, dude, you're gonna regret this.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, I'm gonna get one of my buddies set up with Rebecca, someone hotter than me, that she can like, she can put off her energies on and not worry about what her friend does.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I like that, Kathy. I'm not giving up on you, but I'm just letting you know what's what's going on over here.
Speaker 3: Oh, you guys are the cutest.
Speaker 2: That's bro code right there.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I guess no second date for the moment, but yeah, I feel like this could possibly change. Will you guys keep us updated on what happens between you two.
Speaker 1: I'll let you guys know.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, upgrade Rebecca and go for Kurt. Cassie, I'm so excited brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We heard that about four months ago, and it was one of our most popular second dates ever, I.
Speaker 3: Think because they stand so cute together.
Speaker 1: I know, this was so good.
Speaker 3: I know, and then she says, Okay, continue, I know.
Speaker 2: Everybody, it was a really good one. People have been asking on our text board for months and on our social media. You did Cassie break girl code? Did they go out again?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well we have them on the phone. They're on with us once more. Cassie and Kurt welcome back.
Speaker 3: Oh oh they sound happy, happy couple colleagues.
Speaker 4: Are you guys in the same room or you in different places?
Speaker 2: Okay, but they spoke at the exact same time. It's like they're syncd up. So, Kurt, what happened? Did you end up finding a friend to date Cassie's friend?
Speaker 1: Yes, I found a buddy who was down. I showed him a few pictures of her friend, and we did a double date.
Speaker 3: Shut delegated.
Speaker 5: Oh that's idea, and as wonderful as it was for us, it was actually even better for our friends. Really.
Speaker 3: Oh, so your girlfriend wasn't mad at you for dating, not at all?
Speaker 5: Like they hit it off. Wow, they hit it off so well, guys that they have a wedding next month.
Speaker 2: Wait, you cooked your friend up and now she's getting married.
Speaker 3: Like in a six month period.
Speaker 5: No, it's only been a couple of months. Ye who what they wanted?
Speaker 1: She's also pregnant. I should probably mention, or maybe I shouldn't mention.
Speaker 3: Are you serious, oh Cassie's friend? Oh my god, I thought Cassie was pregnant.
Speaker 5: I got what are you doing? You're not even suppout to say that?
Speaker 1: You know that, don't know, but I'm sorry wait, you guys, ignore that. It's my bad.
Speaker 2: Forget it.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 2: Don't happened. Back to you two again. How are you guys doing. Are you still together?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we are dating. We'll just take it slow, but we're really happy and it's a very incredible it's all worked out.
Speaker 3: It's so cute.
Speaker 1: The first time we accident helped multiple people and marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh yeah, sorry, I mean, no dregnancy.
Speaker 4: Here's the saying, Cassie, if you ever get knocked up, don't tell Kurt for a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, seriously, right, I probably want to broadcast it.
Speaker 2: You keep us updated on your situation.
Speaker 3: That's so cute. Send pictures from the Lendings.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We will tell your friends.
Speaker 2: We say congrats to.
Speaker 1: Them as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, oh we will. Y, thanks for being on with us. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I love love Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.