Speaker 1: Check it in, man, and I'm just told the story. Now he's done. It's one of those idiots will believe in the analytics.
Speaker 2: This is a numbers game with Gil Alexander gone good.
Speaker 3: Monday morning two, there is a numbers game at vs in the Sports Betting Network VSENT dot Com, Game plus, iHeart Radio, YouTube TV. Every take it is in. We appreciate it's skill, Alexander. This gentleman to my left is producer number nine, so much more than a producer. Kelly Biddle and everybody, how you doing me?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. Was also decided if I carry a gold pen makes me look far more studious. Punctu that is correct?
Speaker 3: Start doing that? Hey, great than my computer's on the fritz. That's a good start. Let's let's uh, this is okay. This is We usually do guessing lines on on Mondays during the NFL regular season. Obviously the regular season is now in the books, so we still we still talk about the lines. Obviously that's the whole point of all this. Uh. And I did have guesses that I sent you last night, but I am aware of the lines now. But we'll tell you what the guess was. What the lines are where the value is according to this exercise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna I was gonna ask you something in between breaks. Didn't we uh didn't we did? It used to be a thing here in Nevada that they couldn't post lines until the games schedule was announced, which I thought was weird. But then MGM was posting stuff immediately yesterday.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that. Is that true?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I might just be making maybe.
Speaker 3: I mean, Christy always waited, my Christy Andrews of the South One always waited til we did the show to post the lines. But I don't think that had to do with Nevada.
Speaker 1: No, I mean like playoffs when they were waiting. So like last night, right, we had the big gap before games finished and when we knew games were gonna be played.
Speaker 3: So despite knowing the matchups, not knowing the schedules, what you're saying correct, Yeah, you could be right. I don't remember that, but you could be right. There's a lot of things I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Kill wait to derail the show early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's start again, shall we. Let's get through let's skiore, we're off to a fly and start. Let's get through the administrative stuff first. We always started out guessing lines with survivor up date, survivor obviously done, and the final answer of how many people get to chop the pot? And I get it. There were probably side chops. There were probably there were probably a lot of folks hedging on stuff. Regardless of those details, eight officially eight end up in the choppity chop chop. Eight of them. One point seven eight million dollars is what they all split in the end. To be exact on that number, Kelly's already in fact checking.
Speaker 1: Me on this.
Speaker 3: It's one point seven eight three million dollars of one million, seven hundred eighty three thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars is what they all chop up. There were eighteen going in. Eight eliminated on the falcons, two on the packers. My correct, you're looking at me, funny.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, kind of pulling up the winner.
Speaker 3: We forget it's actually eight. Yeah, it's actually eight who finished. So out of the fourteen million, two hundred and sixty six thousand, eight way chop one million, seven hundred eighty three thousand, two hundred fifty dollars. Congratulations to everybody. We will obviously get into the details of the eight that went down on the Falcons yesterday in overtime to the Panthers and then two on the Packers.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've seen that name Whiskey Business before when we've got over contest. It feels like it doesn't shout out to all of eight winners. Graduations, got dream Stakes, Meatball Brothers. I know they were on the show last night.
Speaker 3: Here in Circa you had a twenty ten money line parlay where you didn't get to pick the same team twice. It's just awesome, incredible. It's incredible in a year of Survivor where the first five weeks were historic carnage, over ninety eight percent were eliminated, and then the last stretch of the year up until the final two weeks was historic stagnation where nobody got eliminated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had. As we often do though, especially when these contests come into play. Yeah, I think we always go or I always feel like we go into week eighteen kind of underselling how much drama we're gonna have And oh boy, did will those guys have to suffer through a lot yesterday to get home?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Man, they did. But again, congratulations, what a contest, the greatest contest there ever was. And who knows how much the pot will be next year? Who knows, certainly higher than fourteen million one would anticipate. Okay, then, in terms of we've already heard, Dave did a great job this morning, Dave Rosst did on by the books of going through what was already happened. We knew yesterday Robert Kraft barely waited to fire girod Mayo of the You know, the Patriots first year coach does not get past the night of his final victory of the season, as the Patriots finished four and thirteen. And my whole question with that always is, if you were going to fire him, why did you let him coach the last game? Why'd you let him do that? Now he won, and now your draft pick is not nearly as good. Instead of having the first pick of the draft, you got the fourth pick of the draft. I'm not sure that was the death knell of all of it. Perhaps it was calling his players soft earlier props, it was the body of work, but he was gone quick. And then this morning, Kelly, it is.
Speaker 1: Weird, though, Wait when you make that decision. Clearly they had made that decision well in advance yesterday, and I mean, how many times are we going to see this play out? Now? I mean it's happened multiple times in the past few years. When we get these coaches that go out and win the final game, you screw up old franchises draft play.
Speaker 3: I think we refer to it as the Lovey Smith event happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to you know, for just saw this a little bit before we went, before we came on the show. Number one pick odds. You know who's the favorite.
Speaker 3: New I would imagine cam Warden, that's one twenty five favorite. Now the Tennessee Titans on the clock with the number one pick in the draft. Browns to Giants three. Those are all quarterback needy franchises, one would imagine, and the Giants get the Booby prize of being third in the end. Way to go Giants, Patriots fourth, now, jag Wires five, Raiders six, Jets seven, and you see the rest there you go up until the Falcons who become or the excuse me, the Bengals and Seahawks become the teams they get the Booby prizes of best teams to miss the playoffs. The seventeen and eighteen, but also this morning Doug Peterson fired for the Jacksonville Jaguars as well. We also learned that Brian dabol Joe Shane coach and GM respectively for the Giants. They stay, as will both coach and GM for the Browns, the Colts and the Dolphins. That much we know. So there you go on that.
Speaker 1: I don't think any huge surprises there, right.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, day Boll sting and Shane's sting a little bit of a surprise to me, not massively so, but someone.
Speaker 1: I'm not as surprised as about DA. Shane's a little interesting he's coming back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I don't know. I thought Daboll would be the first one to go, even though Shane botched the whole. I mean, listen, they signed sign Daniel Jones and then all ensued from there, right, All decision making ensued from there. Okay, shall we get into it because I have way too much to talk about on this show. Yeah, so many things. Let's do these chronologically. It is Super wild Card weekend, so you get three on Saturday, no, pardon me, two on Saturday, three on Sunday, one on Monday. Let's start with Saturday.
Speaker 1: We'll give a new format, all right, Saturday, four to thirty Eastern time, Chargers at Texans in their normal playoff time slot.
Speaker 3: That was the first reaction to the schedule coming out as like, the Houston Texans streak is alive. They have been to the postseason eight times, all eight of which they get the early Saturday time slot. Tell me your franchise is not valued. Without telling me your franchise is not that valued. The number five seed Chargers get it done, and they get it done because the Steelers lost on Saturday to the Bengals. The Chargers beat the Raiders yesterday and therefore the Chargers move from the sixth seed to the five seed, the coveted five seed to get to travel to the Houston Texans. But we talked about last week probably the team in the worst form headed into the postseason in either conference. Houston started CJ. Stroud yesterday for a drive. He was perfect on the drive, six or six or fifty yards, got a touchdown pass and that was that for CJ. Stroud. It was Davis Mills from that point forward again in a line. That was the one thing I got right yesterday more than anything, which is how were the Titans. How were they favored? Over and over they were favored, then it went to a pick them, and then before the game they went to be favored again, and it's like they still the Titans. They're still the Tights, And there were just there was decisions in that game that corroborated the handicap, which is we're just going to kick a field goal here. There's a lot of that.
Speaker 1: I finally joined it. I took a piece of first half, so that was good. I was shocked to see it over the when it moved back yesterday before the game, I was like, all right, like, I gotta get on that Texans here, like at least a little bit.
Speaker 3: So I guessed here Chargers minus two and a half on the road at Houston, and the line ended.
Speaker 1: Up being, yeah, it's three pretty much everywhere right now. There were two and a half's out there yesterday when this first opened. But yeah, it is basically blanket three.
Speaker 3: Least exciting game from a fan standpoint. I mean, they're all exciting, but if you had to rank them least exciting, oh.
Speaker 1: Good question. I hadn't thought about that.
Speaker 3: Remember, they receive in the NFL, so we don't know necessarily who the winner plays.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with no, because I expect one of these other games to be a blowout. So it's fine. If you prefer closer games between two teams and arn't is good, then yeah, I don't think this is the least exciting.
Speaker 3: Let me let me go through some some rando, just some rando notes. These these qualify as just interesting stats, interesting notions from what happened, but it ties into what the Chargers did this year. You tell me which of these is interesting to you or not. Maybe maybe none of them are, maybe all of them are. Hardest strength of schedule this year. This is of the fourteen playoff teamskay hardest strength of schedule, with all of a sudden done green Bay five point thirty three opponent aggregate win percentage. A lot of that has to do with the fact that they play the Lions twice and the Vikings twice, and that's a fifteen and two and a fourteen and three, and we'll obviously get to that game. Easiest strength of schedule ended up being Washington for thirty six opponent aggregate. Now that's the strength of schedule. How about strength of victory? These are the best and the worst of the fourteen playoff teams in terms of the aggregate win percentage of those that you ended up beating the hardest or the best strength of victory best strength of victory Baltimore five twenty five worst, the LA Chargers three forty eight. This team feasted on crap yep. So, for all the hype, which is justified on Jim Harbus's first season, by the way, shout out to Matt Eumans, because he got this team more right than anybody before the season started. When he was strong on the over. It was the schedule right more than anything. It was the schedule now justin Herbert's awesome, no question about that. But just keep that in the back of your mind that this was a team that feasted more than any other playoff team in terms of their victories on poor competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's I think this is a really tough game to bet a side on. I did bet. I bet the total. I bet under forty four yesterday. I think we with how good the Texans defenses playing them at home, I think it's gonna be a tough task for either one of these quarterbacks to put a big number. So I bet the under. As far as side goes gil Man, it'd have to be Texans or passed. I still think this is a lot. I didn't bet anything, but man, this for the Charges to be laying a full three on the road, I'm a little bit surprised by it.
Speaker 3: I don't love this game either way. On the side, A lot of the reason having to do with what you know, who did the Charges necessarily beat the Texans look at the worst with apologies to their performance yesterday, which was fine against a crappy team in the Tennessee Titans. But it's not a game I gravitate towards on the side. Yeah, I'm with you, with you, we will get to the other games, of course, more little factoids from the season that you may find interesting or not. You be the judge. It's a Monday after the season, heading into Super Wildcar weekend right here on a numbers game at visin the Sports Betting Network.
Speaker 2: Numbers game on vs. The Sports Vetting Network.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got big news. We got big news today here at VSON. We are returning to serious XM.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's go.
Speaker 3: Starting January seventeenth, Visa's twenty four to seven programming will be available on Serious XM Channel one fifty eight and the Serious XM app of course. In addition to the new channel listen to this Visa will produce a new show for Serious XM, VSON Live on mad Dog Sports Radio, hosted by Patrick Maher and Dustin Sweelson. Our Boys, we Love Patrick and Dustin debuts tonight, by the way, their show from seven to ten Eastern on Channel eighty two. That's Vson Live on Mad Dog Radio every weeknight from seven to ten Eastern and coming January seventeenth, Vson Channel one fifty eight on Serious XM. Let's go and Now, Kelly, when all your friends finally asked, this is a very personal note from almost when your friends ask you, Hey, where where can I hear you? We can say simply serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and shout out to YouTube TV. Though I say, because there's a lot of it from a viewing perspective, I have gotten that answer a lot more than I've maybe expected over the past nine months to.
Speaker 3: A year, There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: But yes, listening back on Serious XM, I know you and I are pumped. We were both here obviously, you from the beginning and me as well. Joined when we were on Serious XM. So be excited to be returning Patrick Dustin. Awesome to see them back on Mad Dog Stomping Ground, that's their old Stomping Grounds, old show. I loved their show they did on Mad Dog. It was one of those shows that would talk about I mean, obviously we're all talking gambling now, but they were talking about gambling a little, you know, before Paspa and everything was repealed. It was great to drive round at night listen to those guys talking about making live bets and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Patrick was kind. They were both kind enough to have me on that old show once upon a time. And it was awkward because at one point I told him that my girlfriend really enjoys him, and it just sort of went off off from there.
Speaker 1: Big start, we'll.
Speaker 3: Invite me back, I don't know. All right, Let's go to game number two on Saturday, A right.
Speaker 1: Game number two Saturday nights, and we have Steelers at Ravens.
Speaker 3: Steelers at Ravens one of these great rivalries in sports. At least it used to be. Steelers end the season with four straight losses. We always knew the gauntlet was there. That was part of the handicap of the Steelers going under their season win total. We know that didn't happen. That Mike Tomlin magic beamed him his way into another winning season, his eighteenth consecutive season without having a losing season, to be more precise, But they do lose four in a row. At the end, they lose to Cincinnati on Saturday. One hundred and ninety three total yards of offense for the Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday against the now eliminated Bengals as well, but the Bengals didn't know that at the time. And then there's Baltimore who beats Cleveland thirty five to ten. If you were on the Cleveland side of that twenty point spread, you deserved better. Baltimore mark covers and they become the AFC North champs with that win. That's what got them the three seed. Pittsburgh by virtue of their loss, and the Chargers win yesterday end up in the sixth slot, so they have to travel to Baltimore. And Lamar Jackson, by the way, we'll get into an MVP talk later later in the week, I'm sure, but he ends the season with the fifth highest rated, fifth highest passer rating in a season in NFL history one nineteen point sixty three, first ever with forty plus touchdown passes and fewer than five interceptions forty one and four, first ever with four thousand yards passing in eight hundred yards rushing forty one seventy two and nine fifteen, and led the NFL in touchdown percentage, yards per attempt, air yards per attempt, on and on and on. So I said, you know the thing about this spread, Kelly, is that they played two weeks ago in Baltimore, right, so we kind of I believe that was seven. So this time pass. Oh, say, I had it at seven. So this to me was anyway between seven and a half and nine and a half per my rankings, because I've had Baltimore as my number one ranked team for a long time and I've had Pittsburgh at the bottom of the top ten. For me, it was probably like nine of It's somewhere between seven and a half and nine and a half. But I thought the guess that I had was seven and a half. It ended up being more what I thought it would be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're I'm just trying to look nine. I think was mainly the opener were nine and a half basically everywhere right now, which I don't know about you, I think makes a lot of sense from a book perspective, just to keep it out a teaser range, because Tete teezer options this week.
Speaker 3: Teaser protection.
Speaker 1: That's what that is.
Speaker 3: I only have one thing to say from that Baltimore game, and it's not the the Michael Pierce interception at the end, which was hilarious and everybody wish he didn't take a knee and that he kept running. Can I just this is this has nothing to do with betting, but the Browns touchdown drive when they eventually got their you know, one touchdown of the game. There was a play earlier in that drive, a few plays earlier, where Jamari Thrash looked like he had scored a touchdown. He caught the ball outside of the end zone. He then crossed the plane and then got the ball knocked out of his hands. Okay, and it it went to review and they ruled no touchdown. And the explanation given is three things have to happen. You have to uh. I don't know what the three things are, but the third thing that didn't happen was you have to you know, go three steps to the ground, right, Okay, I get the explanation. Am I the only one though, who was completely fooled by this? That I believe?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: What has always been the case is that the goal line is some kind of magic plane. I have actually had conversations with Mike Carrey, remember former NFL at official night carry at the MIT Sloan Sports Conference. I get this was twelve years ago, where I talked to him about a specific play. It was in the Super Bowl that the Saints were in. You remember the Super Bowl where the Saints b Peyton Manning and the Colts. There was a two point conversion in that game where Lance Moore caught the ball from Drew Brees. He was outside of the end zone. He turned around and the ball went over the plane.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: He came back out and the ball was knocked out of his hands and it was ruled because he crossed the plane that it was still a touch. That was still a two point conversion. To me, if you're in the end zone. This is how they've always, at least to my understanding, how they've always called it is if you're in the end zone, right, And I always talked about how this this inconsistency made no sense. But let's say you're six yards in the end zone, Kelly and I throw a teeth.
Speaker 1: There are different rules.
Speaker 3: You catch it right for a second and then someone knocks it out of your hands, that's not a catch. But if you catch it outside of the end zone, you cross the plane and then it gets knocked down. That to me was always ruled a touchdown. And so after I'm just saying, there's nothing to do with betting. But after watching that on Saturday, I'm like, I have no idea about anything.
Speaker 1: It's another one of those I'll get it. It's what do we always what do we always say? We thought we knew. You know, thirty years ago you knew what a catch was. You know, you're a kid, you know what. Please tell me mine eyes, tell me forget the That's how they've ruled it before. Caught the ball, take two steps and I crossed the plane. I was more concerned when you first brought it, or when I first saw it. It was one of those. It was one of those, Okay, is this going to be a catch and a touchdown? A catch, a fumble? And then the ball goes out of the end zone and it's a touchback the stupidest rule in sports, or is it an incomplete pass? And it's it's just another example of I don't know what it catches anymore.
Speaker 3: That that was. That was one of the few things that I wanted to talk about, like, well, look, I don't get that was Why was the thrash touchdown not a touchdown? Also observations of yesterday. Do the Titans wear throwback oilers jerseys when playing the Texans to troll them? Why did they keep doing that? Why do they keep why do they put throwback oilers jerseys on when the Titans? We did literally like your team left town and we're gonna mock you for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we did. This was a story earlier in the year. Yeah, I think they're just trolling them now.
Speaker 3: This is I would be irate, Like if a team left town. I know that, I get it they have the Texans now, but like that would drive me crazy. The other thing is, and I've meant to say this all through college football season, when did every college marching band decide that they were gonna play cameos talking out the side of your neck? Do you know that riff they play someone who knows what I'm talking about. Get back to me on that. Let me go back to like the sort of factoids here before we move on to another game, and you tell me if you find any of these these are just facts and like interesting things from the NFL season stats, if you will. We already talked about hardest strength of schedule, best strength of victory the Green Bay Packers Kelly five and zero versus the AFC this year, six and six in conference, one in five versus their division. Yeah, one in five versus.
Speaker 1: Their it's a tough division. Man.
Speaker 3: Again, they had the strongest strength of schedule of of all the teams that made the playoffs. We talked about this one before. Three teams this year did not score more than thirty points in any game this season, the New England Patriots, the Las Vegas Raiders, and the fifteen to two Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 3: That's a great one. San Francisco forty nine ers combined CMC iuke debo touchdowns last year, combined McCaffrey, AUK and debo touchdowns last year, forty this year combined McCaffrey, au Can debo touchdowns four. That's the only stat you needed before the season to know how this was good.
Speaker 1: There was definitely a moment yesterday during that game watching the bits and pieces that Niners game. I don't know about you. I just shook my head multiple times from like how is this? How did they finish with six wins? Like this is it? Shocked?
Speaker 3: As Jus Jobs throws for over three hundred and there's like multiple franchises they can't use him. Okay, By the way, the Niners also have made the have made at least the NFC Championship, or missed the playoffs entirely. Now for twenty one straight seasons. Wow, that's bizarro. Yeah, you either make it all the way to the doorstep of the Super Bowl or you missed the playoffs entirely for twenty one straight seasons. It's incredible. Washington who only ended up two games worse than Minnesota and Philadelphia, which is just amazing. As much as we canonize those two franchises, this year, Washington ends up twelve and five. The Commandos have played Tampa Bay or Seattle every playoffs they've gotten into except once since the season after they won their last Super Bowl back in January of nineteen ninety three. Gibbs that every time the Skins have made the playoffs since Gibbs is last year that Gibbs one point oh the Super Bowl years, they have played either Tampa Bay or Seattle in a historical sort of you know, weirdness thing every time except once that they've gotten to the Postseas. No, they only gotten there sixty six sis, but it's still weird that you end up playing either Tampa Bay or Seattle. Obviously are playing Tampa Bay. We'll come back more games. We'll get to the Sunday games, next wild Card weekend Numbers Game Network Ready to take your tailgate to the next level, You gotta try Seoles Barbecue, born from a backyard cookout and mason jar of unforgettable flavor soules, has become a Southern favorite, delighting taste buds from Georgia to the Carolinas. From smoky ribs, mouthwatering wings to the perfect backyard burger, Seles turns every bite into a flavor packed experience. Order now at Seules Barbecue Sauce dot com. That's s E W E L L s BBQ sauce dot com. Flavor this good is just a click away skill Alexander we get tweets at beating the book. Always appreciate the feedback. Bob c Dash one thirty seven. You know how sometimes you parlayed division winners? On June twenty seventh, completely forgot anything about doing that and wake up to a twenty to one payout because the Lions won. But you were mad last night that the Lions won. That's my day. So far our situation only betters No, that's all good for you man twenty to one, Kevin Ryan Gil Sam Darnold certainly played himself out of a big money extension last night. But am I the only? Am I the only one? Last night? I thought McCarthy was the water boy. The Sam Donald thing is interesting, Kevin, because it does you know what the Vikings end up doing with him visa VI JJ. McCarthy will come down, probably to what they do in the postseason now as the only as the first ever fourteen win wild card team, as the Lions become the ninth team to win fifteen games in NFL history, think about that separation, Hey, congratulations lines to that when you're the ninth team to win fifteen games, here's your number one seed, Hey, Vikings, you know that fourteen win season. Yeah, you're the first ever fourteen win wild card and you get to travel to the Rams. Good luck to you. So I do think that Sam Darnold's fate will largely be tied into that, as superficial as that might seem after his great season, But when it comes to Comeback Player of the Year Kelly Bidlin, I actually think that hurt him last night because there is something about a standalone primetime game and.
Speaker 1: A game with all the stakes. Yeah, where these votes.
Speaker 3: Some of these voters are going to vote now on this, right, it's a regular season award. That's their last memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got some tweets and texts and you're you're right. It probably will matter. It shouldn't matter. I mean that was the whole omit to.
Speaker 3: Some degree, but it should matter, you know, fractionally.
Speaker 1: But it'll not matter at all because he shouldn't qualify for the That's what I'm saying. That shouldn't matter at all because he should not qualify for the awards. Get angry as far as Minnesota Darnald next year, it might be the only one. I feel like I'm the only one it's saying this, But I actually think it's pretty easy. Like you franchised Darnalds. Like, I know you're paying big money for one year, but why are you really ready to commit long term to San Donald? No, I wouldn't be, but I'm also not ready to let him just walk away. And you have no idea what you have in a rookie quarterback. So franchise. Then you got two quarterbacks next year to battle and figure it out. And Sam Donald. Look, we've seen this, We've seen this this year in the NFL. Put a little pressure on some of these guys to go out there and put that amazing. Heyy oh Russell Wilson's a good quarterback again.
Speaker 3: Wow, don't give him three seconds to pass. Look, look what happens. Jason H eleven Vsen is back on serious. I would like to thank my Lord and Savior of Jesus Christ for delivering me from iHeartRadio. Hell.
Speaker 1: Well still be there, We will still be on all Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, by the way, we.
Speaker 1: Appreciate all of our our stations they carry us.
Speaker 3: On a related note, I hope when Jake Retzlaf wins a college football playoff game next year that he recites his entire tour aportion. I say that on behalf of an entire portion of our audience. James Fessler congrats to eight Circus Survivor winners one point seven eight million each. Hear people say it's just a twenty team money line rollover. We didn't say justice which say it's amazing. He said, computed two of the paths, and yep it is. If you want to lower return and no blue jacket, pody up, the one can embrace the sweat. What he's saying is that if you did a twenty team moneyline parlay, you would only win one hundred eighty thousand as opposed to one point seven eight in the chop.
Speaker 1: You always described it that way just to describe how difficult that is to get that how much money.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not trying to equate the two. Jonathan Doe. Kelly's hair is now so long that he now is a part on right side of his head looking good.
Speaker 1: Kelly, I've just kind of styled it a little bit differently. It's not actually that long, though, it's deceiving.
Speaker 3: Is that true that you changed the part side?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Not, okay. I was gonna say ben handor ben handor if the chargers facing on crap. Now there's a visual to start our Monday morning. Lol. Sorry about that, Ben, Dave Christopher love that my Falcons continue to set a new NFL first, first team in NFL history to lose two straight overtime games without touching the pall without touching the ball. Good grief, Sorry, survivors. Yeah, let me just say this that Week eighteen the NFL, at least the early window yesterday proved to be awesome because we ended up having the Bucks Falcons, who's gonna win the NFC South and make and make or miss the playoffs happening concurrently, and we had the seating between the Commanders and the Packers, who's gonna end up six or seven happening concurrently. That was awesome. But yes, the Falcons. At one point, the Bucks were way down to the Saints, but then they overcame, and the Falcons knew they were going to be out of the playoffs if they saw the scoreboard, but they didn't know that eight survivors were on the line, eight survivor entries, so that was the whole thing. So that part was awesome. But yes, you know, here's the thing. If you're the Falcons, Michael Pennix, looks great. You have that to at least hang your add on moving forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he looks good. This is look I know we give a I know Red Zone gets a lot of credit throughout the throughout the year. I thought yesterday was one of their best. Brazons, handsOn, the producers, directors, everybody involved in that show, because they spent the right amount of time on the games that matter and the ones that did not matter. It was pushed to the side. Will work in when we need to.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Sunday. Let's get on in all right.
Speaker 1: Sunday one Eastern Broncos at.
Speaker 3: Bills, number seven seed, Denver Broncos at the number two Buffalo Bills. The Bills, who they got Josh Allen his start. He didn't play one drive, He played one snap to get his streak to one hundred and fifteen consecutive games starting at quarterback. So good on, Josh Allen's good on.
Speaker 1: No, I don't me either, actually like that, because they're only I feel like I've seen some people have an issue. Nah, it's you're you're only you're not playing in this game because you don't have to play in this game. But you could have to play in this game if you were in someone else's shoes. So let them take a snap, extend the street.
Speaker 3: It's favra esque. It's at farv esque on the field stuff, not off the field, you know what I mean. So the Bills and they Bills, and the Bills end up losing the Patriots, which is more of a Patriot story than it is a Bill story because the Bills were locked into the number two position while the Patriots messed up their draft position. Denver, and by the way, I couldn't have been more wrong about this Chiefs thing. It took one drive maybe two to realize, Oh I should have seen this coming. The Chiefs could not care less, Like I really was convinced the Chiefs were going to cover this spread. And I'm just like, oh, this is so wrong. So quickly the Chiefs just laying down. Denver crushes them. They scored to make it seven to nothing on the first drive, Nicks to Mims for thirty two. Then after Kansas City three and out, Denver went ten Blaze eighty five yards. First drive was six and seventy, this one was ten and eighty five, Knicks to Sutton for ten. Set up by Nicks to Sutton for forty seven two plays earlier fourteen to nothing, then another Kansas City three and out, then eighty nine yard drive Knicks to Devon Valet off two deflections, twenty one to nothing, and the route was on thirty eight to nothing. Is the final, by the way, let me just say this because the only thing to say about this game is that third touchdown that made it twenty one to nothing. This was the double deflection from Nicks to Devon Vala.
Speaker 1: That that was touchdown.
Speaker 3: And I just, ladies, gentlemen, by request a Jim Nance Tony Romo opera for your listening entertainment. I actually went back and transcribed this.
Speaker 1: Oh good, text you.
Speaker 3: This just took an a nordon amount of time, but I did anyway, Nance with the perfect call, roll it out looking looking for the rookie ball tipped in. God, oh my gosh, the double deflection in a Denver touchdown. And now, ladies and gentlemen, pregnant pause Tony Romo in the moment. I know it's incredible, but I think he might have been out of bounds. Oh man, I don't want it because you had such a great call. But let's see if A Denver. Let's see if Troutman touches it before right there, does he touch the ball. If he doesn't touch it, it's gonna stand. Does that touch No, it's gonna stand. Thanks, Tony, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We already knew it with a lot more.
Speaker 3: I don't know. The best part was the best part was, I know it's incredible, but I think this is with all the pauses. I know it's incredible, but I think he might have been out of bounds. Oh man, I don't want it because he had such a great call. But let's see. And here's here's the killer goes If a Denver, he like goes really soft, like Okay.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I forgot to text you. I was dying laughing when I heard that yesterday. It looks like he's playing it into the bit now, almost like it's just the guy who does the impressions of him. It feels like Rono was trying to copy him now.
Speaker 3: A caricature of himself. Denver, with the win, clinches the number seven position, of course, in the AFC playoffs. Cincinnati's went on Saturday created a situation yesterday where Denver Denver still had to you know, Denver one, they were in no matter what. But had Denver lost this the order was, hey, then Miami would get in with a win. If both Denver and Miami lost, Cincinnati would win, would get the seventh position by virtue of their win on Saturday. By the way, just the fact that Miami was still alive. The biggest upset going into Week eighteen was that the Miami Dolphins still had a shot to make the playoffs, and not even a remote one. They just needed a Bronco's loss and a Dolphins win, neither of which happened, by the way, But I'm just saying, I don't remember a year going into the final week where we talked less about a football team than we did about the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Also, like five weeks ago, I think I would have been shocked to say I'd rather see the Broncos in than the Dolphins in.
Speaker 3: But oh gosh, Tyreek Hill already thrown a tantrum on social media thing he's done. Yeah, well, it's not up to him.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I said Buffalo minus eight and a half, and I ended up being a little low on that.
Speaker 1: So this opened seven and a half. I betted at seven and a half late seven and a half with the Bills, it is out to eight and a half nine right now, eight and a half nine.
Speaker 3: And I don't think anybody would argue with that.
Speaker 1: No, No, though I feel like i'm I feel like I'm hear in early support for the Broncos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of the big dogs, you think that, I mean talking about Pittsburgh and Denver. You think Denver is the more likely to cover?
Speaker 1: I mean, I bet the Bills. So no, yes, Denver more likely than Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, more games to get to Super wild Card weekend.
Speaker 1: Here on a numbers game at Visa.
Speaker 4: Numbers Game Sports bet Network, we're.
Speaker 3: Getting ready for Big Game fifty nine. You know that big game where there have been fifty nine of them with a big deal to match, say fifty nine dollars off a vsent Pro annual subscription. When you sign up using promo code ANNG. What's that promo code, Kelly Ang, become a vcent Pro annual subscriber. Bets Smarter all year long with full access to our daily best bets to help you cash more tickets, exclusive betty splits and DraftKings, and circa twenty four to seven video access to tune in anywhere on the vson Watch app, plus all our betting GUIDs and expert picks. We with the Super Bowl and upcoming March madness, don't miss out on this big game deal. Visit visa dot com slash subscribe to use promo code ang to say fifty nine dollars off a vcent Pro annual subscription today. That's vsin dot Com slash subscribe, we get tweets of beating the book. Drew for boy C just wanted to say thanks to both of you again for all you continue to teach me. Parlaid that into winning the Average Joe competition on the Friday Football Invitational. Congratulations Drew. Let's go boys. Okay, whatever man we helped, Let's go well done. Terry Elkins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bill had all those details in the Morning newsletters.
Speaker 3: Check it out from Bill Ady his Late Night become your Mornings or something like that. I can't remember what they say, Terry Elkins. Are y'all still going to be on iHeart? Yes? Rich PSM God exists, You're back on sirious and no more car accidents. Trying to connect to you guys while screaming at your replacement network suggesting live wonders at exactly the wrong times, kiss the degenerate. So I no longer have to spend a half hour searching for ang on that other platform I won't name. Returning to Sirius XM is so freaking awesome. I can pee my pants, he said, already.
Speaker 1: Is there a better.
Speaker 3: Promo than I can pee my pants? Come on, string fellow Hawk, thank you for someone someone new the end, he goes. Cameos horn sex and slaps HBCUs have been playing since I was in school thirty years ago. I wonder how many people know the song what I was referring to earlier. Every college football marching band plays the rift to cameos mid eighties hit talking out the side of your neck. You know what I'm talking about, goes, I.
Speaker 1: Please keep going.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's all I got.
Speaker 1: I would like you to do the entire section.
Speaker 3: That's the word section. John B. Stringfellow Hawk knows I'm talking about John B. Great call on Bo Nicks to lead rookie quarterbacks in passing yards. He got that eight to one. Good on you, John B. World b Free. I played the Vikings to make the playoffs a three to one, while the Broncos ticket was plus seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: Peyton for Coach of the Year.
Speaker 3: By the way, we're throwing about this around, uh yesterday. Does that game last night hurt Kevin O'Connell for coaching the I don't think it should. Okay, you're still fourteen and three with Sam Darnold. We talked about this on Friday. We both said no, it would not matter, and I did say unless it's a blowout.
Speaker 1: It feels like it might end up mattered a bit more than I was expecting.
Speaker 3: When we get to that game, I would like to make a case that it wasn't as bad as as it seemed.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 3: In other words, I get at the final scores a blowout and the Lions ran them out the building in the last quarter and a half. But literally, like that game should not have been a blowout.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't have been as bad as it was. A real quick Friday football invitation. Chuck edel with the winner this year, so congratulations to him. Alex White comes in second, A like's way to go. Chris Fulka will take home third if Montana State covers against North Dakota State tonight. Allegedly is that a game tonight. Who is that you mentioned? Chris?
Speaker 3: Who was that Chris Filica, Chris Filie. I don't know that name.
Speaker 1: The bear used to do a show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, okay, give me the hook. Jeff g seventy three out of one hundred. Oh, this is he's tweeting the top one hundred most watched US broadcast of twenty twenty four, seventy three of the top one hundred National Football League games. So for anybody who thought that the NFL ain't king, there you go.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm gonna guess that's down. Gil. Oh you think it was more than seventy three. No, No, I think that in previously five years ago, it's actually more than Yeah. Well, it's usually it's a lot.
Speaker 3: Of enough time on your hands, Kelly billins some research.
Speaker 1: On I've got so many tabs pulled open already.
Speaker 3: I gave.
Speaker 1: I gave Gil the full breakdown of the Houston Oilers throwback uniforms.
Speaker 3: That'll give him, that'll keep him busy. Jason Stark, Hey Gill and Kelly Steelers Jason Stark's big Steelers fan. He didn't like the fact that I said they ended with a whimper. Apparently with four losses. He said, Steelers with a tough end of season, but still we're eleven and six against the spread over their season win total and made the playoffs a three to one. Very profitable season for Steelers Betters, no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: They were awesome, Jill and I paid for it. Yes, we did.
Speaker 3: Only team to have winning record ats last three years in the NFL. Okay, I get it already, Steve the Proxy.
Speaker 1: Also, Jason, Jason knows what he's doing every time now too. I'm sorry, Tomlin's awesome.
Speaker 3: We were wrong, Brian Morinn. And what level of yrony would it be of Denver somehow knocks off Buffalo and then case after Casey laid down, allowing them to get in. Oh that would be more than ironic, that would be amazing. I think, yeah, oh yeah, I've said this before a lot. It's more set just coincidences, not hier any. She got it all wrong. She needs to change the song. Steve the Prox, Steve the Prox, I don't know if I don't know if I can read that. Ben Handorf, Gilly, I've been mentally disagreeing with you about the Lamar versus allan MVP debate, But I see the light now, a historic season from Lamar and all measures should give him the award, but it goes to Alan because voters are fatigued by Jackson's greatness. Yeah, that that that could be it, right, It could just be that in the end.
Speaker 1: It very much could be. It's like having ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's what I said the other day. The hell are you talking about? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Just all the ridiculous lines?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's one of them. Next game, what do we got on Sunday? Triple header Sunday?
Speaker 1: By the way, do you like this schedule?
Speaker 3: I do. I love it. I am a little annoyed Saturday morning, but I know that the reward for having an empty morning is that then you just get a CA advocative game.
Speaker 1: My only change would be the Saturday games. I'd like to slide a little earlier, but like I feel it like that takes you out of traditional football time spots. And then this is this is.
Speaker 3: Arguably the greatest weekend that's ever coming. The two semi finals in college football followed by this super.
Speaker 1: Wild right arguably best football weekend ever, Broncos at Bills. Where did he did that?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 1: We did? You're right? Four to thirty Eastern Packers at Eagles.
Speaker 3: He's got one job. The seventh seeded Packers, the number two ceeded Eagles. Eagles took care of the Giants yesterday. This is interesting because we do think Jalen Hurts is playing right. Yeah, right, Because here's the thing about concussions. Right, with other injuries, you can say, oh, it's two to three weeks, Oh it's day to day, Oh it's whatever. A concussion, you don't know, you pass everything. He's definitely playing for sure Green Bay yesterday. Can I again, this had to do with two survivors? Also, we had the Packers. This is one game I do want to go through.
Speaker 1: Okay, so real quick to your point about that though, Yeah, he did not practice at all last week.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So and he has to log what is it, four practices or whatever to work his way through the concussion protocol.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it's potentially the biggest story of any correct that nobody's talking that nobody's really talking about, Like we're just assuming he's playing. Jalen Hurts okay. Green Bay loses to the Bears. Bear snapped their ten game losing streak. Mazletoe to the Bears. Bear score first when they put two punt returners back, one on each side of the field. One acts like it's coming to him. The punk coverage team doesn't look for the ball, so they just assume that that guy's getting it.
Speaker 1: Love this and then it.
Speaker 3: Goes to the other side of the field. Josh Blackwell jogs ninety four yards of the house.
Speaker 1: I love it, I love it.
Speaker 3: Tried and true Gray one. By the way, I'm so glad more teams are using the hook and lateral now because it's just impossible to stop. Fourteen to three, Chicago. Love hurts his elbow. Jordan Love hurts his elbow and has to leave the game. Malik willis in not to return. Will came in seven play sixty three yards. Jacobsons from nine, cut it to fourteen at fourteen thirteen. At a half time, the Bears lead. Let's go to the second half. Green Bay fourth and three at the Chicago thirty seven. They go for it. They fail read two yard loss. Then Chicago eight play sixty one yards. Caleb DJ Moore for thirty two mostly yak touchdown twenty to thirteen Bears. They decide to go for two. They fail, but there's a defensive hold so they get the ball to one. You know what they say after that, let's just kick an extra point. What it's like, what are we doing? I don't even know we even.
Speaker 1: Know who's on the broadcast. But good call, because they were calling it just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: That's sure, Sure you went for it at the tube, but now you're kicking other one great twenty one to thirteen Bears, ten oh two left okay. Later green Bay four plays fifty one yards, Willis to Heath for forty one, then Emmanuel Wilson for twenty one. Twenty one to nineteen Bears. Two point try fails when the ball just slips out of Willis's hand. Four twenty eight left Chicago with Love warming up. Now the drama between green Bay and Washington because Jordan Love is now like, you know, like Willis Reid thing warming up on the bench, like, oh, he's gonna come because now they see Washington's losing the Dallas. We can get the six s eight.
Speaker 1: Oh boy did he sprint out of the locker room too, like at some point I saw him running on the side. What's Jordan Love doing?
Speaker 3: He never came back. Chicago first and twenty at their own forty seven, one to fifty five left. Remember they're nursing a two point lead. They're trying to just run clock. Caleb to dj Moore, hit by Carrington Valadine. Fumbles were covered by Javon Bullard. Green Bay set up at the Chicago forty three one forty nine left. Love does not enter the game. It's Willis still in. With one thirty one left in the game, the Packers run the ball on second and four instead of draining all the clock and using one of their three timeouts, the Packers snapped the ball with fifteen seconds left on the play clock. On third and two with one oh five left on the clock, then the Packers call time out at fifty eight seconds. Lafleura would later say they were deciding whether to go for it or not. Fourth and fourth of Chicago thirty seven. They elect to try a McManus fifty five yard field goal. Good corkscrews in. Looked like it was going to be terribly low, wide left and in sed He makes it twenty to twenty one, but because of Lafleur's bauchery, they leave fifty four seconds left on the clock. Chicago starts at their own twenty with forty eight seconds left. Horse Scholar tackled to start, goes to third and eleven at their own forty nine with fourteen seconds left. Kaleb to more for eighteen, spics it with two seconds left. Santo's from fifty one good. The Bears snapped the ten game losing streak. Green Bay ends up as the number seven seed, even though Washington was winning anyways, it wouldn't have mattered. They held the Bears the two hundred twenty four total yards two survivors thanks to Matt Lafleur eliminated.
Speaker 4: Oh, the numbers told the story then he's doing It's one of those idiots who believe in analytics.
Speaker 2: This is a numbers game with Gil Alexander and Gone Visur.
Speaker 3: Number two of a numbers game at Vista these Sports Betting Network, Visa dot Com game plus iHeartRadio, YouTube, TV, every taking us in.
Speaker 1: We appreciated.
Speaker 3: It's Gill Alexander, It's Kelly Bidlin soon be back on serious ExM wait to add that. Yeah, man, that's gonna be front center. Baby, love it because this is the problem. I don't know if you it was great, you know, and it is great YouTube TV, as you say, most people take us in I think YouTube TV. But there is a certain group of our friends and acquaintances. I'll speak for myself because I'm a little older than you, right who when they ask me, I'm like, so it's YouTube TV, it's iHeartRadio. It's in there, and they look at me like glazed over. But if I say serious XM, They're like, oh, I got that. Yeah, So there's that crowd now it happens.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've you've brought up as much as anybody though whateverbody anybody asked me that question.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: Now going forward, it's still gonna be start with the app. Like the app has just gotten so convenient with how like how to watch listen? I mean, if you want, you got TVs to mirror stuff on or you know whatever it's called app app l airplay or whatever like all that stuff.
Speaker 3: How far do the replays go back on the app?
Speaker 4: Do we know?
Speaker 3: I gotta chat.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Didn't you find something from like seven months ago or some months ago? I did?
Speaker 3: Does it go back years. I have to check.
Speaker 1: I don know why Tom checks on it.
Speaker 3: Tom checks on the job. We had tweets and beating the book, Steve the Proxy. So you mean to tell me that Vson split from DK. We the listeners are getting everything back that we love originally about Vson. Serious xm platch app while DK is out here making up paid subscriptions to further confusing and rip off players. Great job, Vison.
Speaker 1: He's on harsh line and no comment. But maybe maybe tell the Busburgers thank you.
Speaker 3: That's right, exactly right, Martin Bernstein Gil I had the Bucks, Rams and Ravens in a parlay watch the first half. H took a bath like James Connon the Gambler. Good start to the playoffs, Clippers dark Horse. There's a lot going on in that tweet. Sorry, wow, uh this is from oh Jason. Starting was like, I wasn't upset about the end of the Wimper they did, but you all said before the Losing Tree, you said, don't disappear when they fall late. So I'm just taking my medicine with a spoonful of sugar. He says, Okay, love you, Gill, and Kelly says, bet the steel He says, bet the Steelers next year, or at least not against them.
Speaker 1: Lo o L that's good. I mean, Jason, you know the the intree of honesty here open this. I tell myself that like every year. But that's you know, a schedule comes out and we freak out over it.
Speaker 3: Bobby Knuckles the rebel, he says, mister Kelly Billin, referencing verse three of the Alanis Morisset classic ironic song, came out in nineteen ninety six, same year as a legendary film Biodome. He says, the traffic jam when you're already late, the no smoking sun on your cigarette break. It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife. It's meeting the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife. We all remember how she said that, and then meeting his beautiful wife.
Speaker 1: And if you told me, if you said, Kelly, what are the odds this Bobby Knuckles tweet is happy to do with Alanis Morrison's It will be like minus ten thousand.
Speaker 3: Ed Hamilton was on the fence about Lamar for MVP, but after checking my future tickets, I wholeheartedly agree. I don't know what his future tickets are. But okay, Mike Mike Zill's Duke ninety new lyrics. Look at that backfly is it Sharbonnet isn't in kowinky dink? Don't you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It is all quincident Keene Cranepool, Is this the jokichim beat MVP debate all over again? We can't give Lamar another MVP because he has multiples. Yes, that's how stupid it is, Grainpool. I agree, Frank Chewcuggion. I hope I said that right at Frankie Baby four because Frankie Baby one, two, and three were taken. He says Hurts participated in a walk through at the end of the week. Pretty sure he's good to go. Well, I will back that up, Frank by saying, if you believe in omens anyway, that the Philadelphia Eagles have a they put out something on Twitter yesterday from their tweet from their Twitter account, Hertz was featured along with Jalen Carter and Saquon Barkley and the caption said playoffs start now see you Sunday, January twelfth. So if you believe Jalen Hurts being prominently featured there is a sign that he will play. Well, there you go.
Speaker 1: I mean, I fully expect him to play. I actually bet that game pretty heavily, Gil. But by the way I said, there is a concussion protocol that you have to go through that I don't believe he's technically begun yet. If the game were today, he would not have passed anything yet if the Gears tomorrow play.
Speaker 3: So that's that's all. That's all I'm saying is it's when it comes to a concussion, it is very different from every other type of.
Speaker 1: Injury, and like like comeback player of the Year, there are rules that.
Speaker 3: That's right, Philip, I said, Philadelphia minus four and a half against the Packers, and you said, this is the most this is the one that has moved the most.
Speaker 1: This is the one that has moved the most. This opened three and a half is out to five and a half most places. I tied the Eagles into moneyline parlays with the Ravens and the Bills as me immediately as I saw that. I mean, there are Packers injury question marks, right, George. I mean elbows. Last time I heard a pretty important throwing elbow is a big deal, And I mean, yeah, Christian Watson, doesn't. I mean that didn't look good again yesterday. No, man, have you ever seen a wide receiver be hurt as much as him? Be hurt as much as him and you still think there's such like there's such great upside with him, But he's hurt all the time.
Speaker 3: Who was it that was telling us this, this whyt because why it's a Packers fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably where he said.
Speaker 3: Somebody told me say, yeah, Christian Watson would be the greatest receiver of all time if he had hands that are good for a receiver, something like that.
Speaker 1: Next, what's next on Sunday night, Gil do not be bothered, don't bother him. Commanders at the Buccaneers.
Speaker 3: My dad used to say, don't call me, I'll call you. Yes, Washington gets the prime time slot, as they should. Can we just take a moment twenty five years twenty four actually, but I like a round up. A quarter of a century. Washington fans were subjected to the worst owner in the history of Earth. We thought it was a life sentence. A miracle happened and it went away, and now this kid got drafted and everything is glorious. The twelve and five commandos at the ten and seven Buccaneers. By the way, let me just say stayed on record, I'm terrified of this game.
Speaker 1: I mean because Baker Mayfield's the coolest quarterback that ever played the game.
Speaker 3: Terrified of any game, And I guess if I had to choose, this is still the matchup i'd want. But I'm still terrified. Washington beats Dallas and you know, Jaden ended up playing a half, which was interesting, didn't do much. And then Marcus Mariota came in and boyle boy, that might have been the game of his career. He looked great, Wow it was. Mariota got in immediately, eight play seventy yard drive to urge from four out, ten to nine. Washington led. Then next time he got the ball, eight play seventy yards Mariote in from five, sixteen to twelve Washington two point drive films. Then the next time he got the ball, they take over at their own thirty. Actually it was two times after that, so they did have one three and out, but then they take over it throw they're down nineteen sixty and they take over at their own thirty with two thirty four to go to McLaurin for six two minute warning third and four to McLaurin for six. Two plays later to McLaurin for thirteen, gets to fourth in one of the Dallas forty nine. Mariota on a keeper for thirty three. Did you see a Mario Amani Hooker Amri Hooker, Yeah, Amrio Hooker of the Cowboys safety celebrating that they got stopped and meanwhile Marcus Mariota is running thirty three yards, so great the back camera. Then Washington uses their final timeout. They go to Ertz for eleven. They spike it at the Dallas five with only six seconds left because the refs had a bad spot, so it took two or three more seconds off the clock. Then to McLaurin corner of the end zone, the incomparable Terry mcclaurin. Everybody, thirteenth touchdown of the year for McLaurin. That sets the Washington receiving record for a season, and the Skins win it with three seconds left. How many Cardiac games has this team had? The Hail Miriam against the Bears, the McLaurin eighty four yards sprint to the house where they lose on the miss extra point to Dallas in their first game. Then of course, the fantastic finish against Philadelphia in the closing seconds that Daniels engineered, then the unbelievable win and overtime against the Falcons. This one, I mean, it's just amazing how many of these games with Washington fantastic pitch. And there was Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay who needed to win or have the Falcons lose. Yesterday again in well, Tampa Bay trailed against the Saints yesterday. This was the most surprising first half. I thought, I shock, sixteen to six. The Saints led this game at the half, and then Tampa Bay did their thing. First drive of the second half, ten play, seventy two yards Mayfield to pain Durham from six out cut the lead to sixteen thirteen. But then Baker got picked off. It went to nineteen thirteen Saints. Then Mayfield overthrowed, overthrew, pardon me a wide open Mike Evans. Then Jake Browning the punter dropped the snap, only got off a fourteen yard punt, and you're like, wow, Tampa Bay may lose this. But then Tampa Bay from their own eighteen fourth and eight at the new they started the drive at their own eighteen. They get it to fourth and eight at the New Orleans forty two after Baker was thrown for a five yard loss on a designed run. Baker to Jalen McMillan on fourth and eight at the forty two for thirty three, for thirty three, and then Jalen McMillan gets up in your stead and mimics and mimics gunfire.
Speaker 1: I can't fifteen yard penalty with this.
Speaker 4: Always.
Speaker 1: I know this is a serious man.
Speaker 3: This always makes Kelly and I laugh because again the NFL with the hypocrisy, because right after that, by the way, they go from the nine back to the twenty four, then a holding. So it's first in eighteen at the thirty two, Baker to McMillan in the MZI and the end zone, tiptoes it inside the end zone, touchdown. Cue the cannons, Fire, the cannons, Tampa Bay.
Speaker 1: It's impossible. It's so hypocritical. It's impossible.
Speaker 3: About the laugh, I swear my dream is for us to be New England Patriots, where you throw me a touchdown pass, I score, and then I mimic. I gotta find that podcast job filling the musket with powder, act like I'm shooting a musket, they flag me, and then after we score a touchdown, they immediately shoot muskets. The colonials in the Patriots takes You Yesterday.
Speaker 1: The thing is separately if neither of them are ridiculous, right, I want home teams in stadiums to be able to celebrate cool, and I understand what the NFL is doing with penalties. This just can't exist together.
Speaker 3: The hypocrisy of the NFL is breathtaking.
Speaker 1: Next time. So it's twenty to nineteen Tampa Bay.
Speaker 3: The only thing other noteworthy in this game is after they took the twenty seven to nineteen lead on a ninety four yard drive with other two minutes left, they got the ball back Tampa Bay did. Now they've won, they're going to the playoffs. There's thirty six seconds left. Mike Evans needs five yards receiving to get to one thousand for the eleventh straight season instead of just Newly. By the way, it's an eight point game, right, and something could happen. New Orleans could pick six and they could tie this game. So this is about their playoff lives. But they wanted to get Evans, their teammate, the record, so they set up a play they get it to them, he gets nine yards. He gets his eleventh straight season one thousand yards receiving. Only Jerry Rice has more or fourteen by the way, that matches Jerry Rice's consecutive streak of eleven and he gets Mike Evans does three million dollars. Gino Smith busy getting six million incentives with the Seahawks, but he got three million for that. Good on the Buccaneers, I said, bucks minus one and a half bucks three disrespectful.
Speaker 1: I thought the ending of that game was absolutely nuts. Call me a million years old. The Falcons were going to overtime. How do you possibly run a play there? Throw the ball? I think everybody and it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Everybody universally loved it. But it was amazing that there was a scenario where that could have killed him, could have could have Oh boy, we'll get to the final game coming up. Numbers Game, Bason these Sports Betting Network.
Speaker 4: Numbers game on VSI, the Sports Betting Network.
Speaker 5: This segment of a numbers game is brought to you by Zen Nicotine Pouches. There's only one number one draft pick, there's only one champion at the end of the season, and there's only one nicotine pouch brand in America that out sells the rest, and that is zen. Zen is a smoke free, spit free, hassle free nicotine pouch that can be enjoyed anywhere, anytime. Find yours in at zen dot com. That's z y n dot com. Warning this product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical.
Speaker 3: We get sweets, said meeting the book. Always appreciate the feedback from the best listeners in the game. Mike Rouse with the biting tweet here he wants to know the real information. Want to know what he wants to know about the weekend. He said, sorry if I missed this at the opening, but could we get a Christmas tree removal updated? Oh yeah, ladies and gentlemen. For the first time in my life, In case you missed it, I had a Christmas tree present in my place of residence. This is for a tribesmen, a new thing, and so I had to We carried it up the steps and it was a sappy, needly mess, and I was like, Wow, this Christmas thing is difficult. The removal went splendidly. Threw a bag on it. Right, you can buy those bags, right. Debra Song Fashions house. She bought a bag. We got to the top. There's a special Christmas tree bags, large Christmas tree bags. We threw it back. Now getting it off the base has a little bit of a minor bit of spillage and needlage inside the house. Removed the three screws, but young Gracie did that, and then uh me and young Gracie, we just brought it down for the three flights. Four flights. It was no problem. And then this a little note about San Francisco. What you do in San Francisco is you you just throw it out on the street. They come pick it up.
Speaker 1: And so it was great.
Speaker 3: The removal's great. I'm all about the removal, the putting it up and stuff carrying up the steps. That was for the birds.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you're ready for a bigger on one next year. Then that's what it sounds like. Yeah, it was too easy.
Speaker 3: Removal was great. I volunteer for removal, Dudie, thanks for asking. Mike Browns, Jason Zenner. Early in the Packers game, there was a completed past to craft. I think that replay assists came in and changed to an incomplete pass. However, Lafleur had to challenge it and then it was overturned to be a catch. What a joke.
Speaker 1: I caught this ko I actually didn't see the initial play though.
Speaker 3: It's incredible. And again we said this here on a Numbers game replay Assist. There needs to be an investigation about this. It came into our lives unannounced, much like the dynamic kickoff. The use of that phrase came into our lives unannounced, like, hey, dynamic kickoff, Remember how Scott Hanson went crazy with that on a red zone. We never heard it was called that, and then replay Assists just shows up in our lives and we still have no explanation. And by the way, we're headed into a playoffs, maybe we should get one as to what this can be used for and what it cannot be used for, because, as Chris Hartman says in his tweet, GIL, would it be too much to ask the NFL to get a play clock with tenths of a second on it and when it expires, the goalpost light up red allah the NBA backboard because replay Assist apparently can't help on that, for instance. It's ridiculous. That's how fired up I got it is, like, I know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of weird.
Speaker 3: It's even weirder than like the ed field doesn't comment on it ever, they've got nothing to say. Why bother they're too busy making money about off you three jagage three one three one was Darnold seeing ghost last night? Does that game hurt his comeback Player of the year? Chances don't get mad? Kelly glad to hear Vson's going back to serious XM. When can we start talking MLB monthly win totals?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: So many things to answer there. Yes, glad we're going back to serious XM. That's the highlight. When can we start talking MLB monthly win totals? When they post them? MLB monthly win totals? Come Back player of the year, we talked about this. Let's get to that game because that was the highlight of course. In terms of the Marquee matchup of the weekend, it was the Sunday Night affair last night where the plaoffs really began last night, not really began because both teams were in, but it was for all the marbles in the NFC for the number one seed. The fifteen and two winner would get the bye, while the fourteen and three loser would get knocked all the way down to the number five seed and have to go on the road, perhaps to win three road games to get to the Super Bowl, and Detroit ends up crushing Minnesota thirty one to nine. But Kelly, I just want to say this about this game last night. By the way, Minnesota now travels to face the Rams, which I guess is the uh which is the final game Super Super Wild call weekend, the Monday night game. But I just want to say this, And by the way, the Rams started to groppolo. The Rams ended up covering the closing spread but not the early spread, and the Rams had a shot to win and groppolo through the ball on the ground, which was awesome.
Speaker 1: On on four six million dollars for Gino Smith.
Speaker 3: Six million because Gino Smith he got him to ten and seven. He got the Seahawks to ten and seven wins, yardage passing, yards passing and also completion percentage sixty nine point whatever he got over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the one he was already over, but there was a chance he could fall below it. But six million dollars, I want a movie made out of that. That's how much I care about this stuff? Yeah, groppo six million dollar game.
Speaker 3: Garppolo just threw the ball on the ground on a on a play down thirty to twenty five, fourth and three at the Seattle nine to close the game. As far as the game last night, Okay, yes, the finals was bad. The Lions end up crushing them. But I do think if you're a Vikings fan, as tough as this pill is to swallow, you can look back at much of this game and say what could have been? Detroit punts start the game, Minnesota punts. Detroit seventy eight yard drive, including a fourth and five at the Minnesota thirty nine to Jameson, then gives in from twenty five and seven to nothing. Lions Minnesota three and out. The officials miss a face mask on Darnald. He got face masks. They missed that call, so it's a three and out. Then Detroit goes three out. Minnesota starts at midfield after a helmet to helmet perhaps that was not called fourth, and they get to fourth and goal of the three, Darnald does not see a wide open Addison to the right incomplete intended for Jefferson. The Donald overthrow parade had begun at this point, he was just air mailing a lot of wide receivers. Detroit gets an intentional ground Detroit intentionally grounds Golf, intentionally grounds in the end zone, not called by the officials. So we have forget the helmet to helmet because that was sort of of subjective. But the face mask on Darnald followed by the intentional grounding on that was not called on golf, which was clear intentional grounding.
Speaker 1: Oh this, you know, this is my problem with the rule always is it's clearly you're intended to you're grounding the ball, but there's a player that's in the air.
Speaker 3: He didn't even throw it to that area.
Speaker 1: He didn't. You're not gonna get me to disagree with you on this. This is my I hate this part of it.
Speaker 3: So I'm just saying the Vikings were getting the worst of it with the officiating.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So first into their own twenty six golf, trying to go to Gibbs, He's picked by Ive and Pace Junior Minnesota set up the Detroit seven almost picked on the first play from Darnald, too high for Jefferson. Then he overthrows Jefferson again, so that to settle for a Reker field goal seven to three Detroit. Then Detroit fourth in inches at the Minnesota forty two. I don't know what Dan Campbell was doing. He decided to pass deflected by Jonathan Bullard. Minnesota takes over to get another field goal seven to six, and then a really big gaff by Riker. He kicks it out of bounds with twenty seconds left on the clock in the first half, so they had just cut it to a one point lead. He kicks it out of bound. Out of bound, so Detroit starts at their own forty nineteen yard play eleven yard play, mean nineteen yard play, ten yard play to Saint Brown into Raymond, respectively. Bates forty eight yard field goal ten to six, Detroit going into the locker room. And let me just say that was a There was a timeout called by Kevin O'Connor way too early there. He did not have to call it as early as he did, and so he left the door open for a Reker mishap on the kickoff.
Speaker 1: So you had bet officiating going.
Speaker 3: Against you twice. You had Darnald all of a sudden now overthrowing everybody like ghosts of Darnald passed but give Aaron Glenn and the Detroit defense a lot of credit. They figure it out. Right, Oh, Donald has the most time to throw a pass on average in the NFL. It's like over three seconds, which is an eternity. So they're like, here's here's what we're gonna do. We are want to send the house and bet on the fact that our guys are going to get to Donald before our Manda Man coverage breaks down. And it worked all night, and so that is It was the officiating. It was the fact that the Vikings could not cash in on multiple red zone red zone appearances, and then the gaff by O'Connell and by Rikert at the end of the first half. It still wasn't over third quarter. By the way, Darnald had eight overthrows in the first half, the second most for an entire game in his career. In the first half. All right, second third quarter, it's still ten to six. Minnesota goes seventy yards acres for fifty eight. The big play fourth and goal of the two instead of kicking it again a field goal incomplete intended for Addison, so they come up with nothing. Then Detroit first played golf, just heaves it picked by Harrison Smith. Minnesota set up at their own forty six. They settle for a Rekerd fifty one yard field we'll ten to nine. This is like into the third quarter. Now, Detroit then goes thirteen plays seventy yards and seven to twenty five fourth and long fourth and a long one at the Minnesota ten golf to Gibbs seventeen to nine. By the way, Gibbs scored four times in this game. But even now, Dow it's still one possession game. With two thirty left in the third, Minnesota fourth and fourth at Detroit thirty four, they decide to kick a field goal there and Rekerd goes wide right. So it's just missed opportunity after missed opportunity to miss opportunity, there's one more missed opportunity because then Detroit first and at the Minnesota thirty fourth they're only up one possession. Van Ginkel almost picks it. Could have taken it to the house. Oh all right, and you know the rest from that point forward then, but we're talking about like a quarter and some change here. Detroit crushed him in the end, but that's almost three full quarters of football where you are completely playing with this team, and you had multiple things go against you both of you know, Darnold was off, Kevin O'Connell was off, rekerd was off both on a kickoff in a field goal. The officials didn't do you any favors. So I'm just saying, as big of a blowout as this was, Minnesota does have that to think about.
Speaker 1: And like, if he had that, where does it put him in the defensive Player of the year conversation. I'll boy, no, you're right, You're right, all right.
Speaker 3: I'll give you what my guest was and what this is on the other side, and we'll we're our adjusted season win totals from the entire entire twenty twenty four season that we did on this show. It's coming back right here on a numbers game.
Speaker 4: Numbers game on VSID these Sports Vetting Network.
Speaker 3: And sports betting and trading. Understanding probability is the ultimate game changer. Unlock the secrets of high probability trading with Todd Bubba Orwitz, a former floor trader and season sports better with over forty five years of experience. Visit Bubba Trading dot com slash vs in today use promo code vs in five hundred to say five hundred dollars. Don't miss your chance to sharpen your strategy and gain the edge in your trading game. That's Bubba Trading dot Com slash vsin promo code v send five hundred we get tweets that beating the book. Always appreciate the feedback. Corbin Yo absolutely huge twenty to one cash in the first half of the show with the multiple Alanis Morris set references and Kelly continuing the song a couple of minutes later, and Gil being like, what the hell are you talking about, dude, I don't need a knife? Throw a pardon just two minutes too late that Chance, What the hell are you talking about, dude, I don't need a knife? Chance. Copper Pott finally got around to the yacht rock doc that, along with my season long NFL player prop under Sweep where the highlight of my weekend. Michael McDonald is the man. Thanks for the recommendation, Gillan shouts to the crack man. You got it, man. Yacht Rock doc on Max is awesome.
Speaker 1: I still haven't watch it. There's too many docs. Come on, man, there's too many documentaries. It's time for all this put that to the top.
Speaker 3: Let's see. Oh yeah, And Brian em says, does a Patriots wide receiver get flagged if they score the touchdown, then stand next to the militia and pretend to fire with them. This is my point, Brian, I would assume he is the hypocrisy a Patriots receiver where someone playing in Foxborough needs to mimic the musk, then they need to just do it for it, like you just want yeah, you know, fill the musket up with the powder, then do a whole thing and then have them do and see if you get flag.
Speaker 1: So the one I thought now that you brought it up again, the one I thought about way too much with this yesterday is where does the line? Where's the line get drawn for what a weapon is? Right? Because you have the we've seen the baseball bat celebration. You're like, well, baseball bat, it's a it's an item that's used in a game, right, so maybe it could use.
Speaker 3: For a weapon too, but it's multiple use. Instagram, who did.
Speaker 1: Was a JJ? Why who used to do? Like the slam the axe down? But like an axe is used by firefighters, so it's used to save lives too.
Speaker 3: We did a rolling, but we'll never get one. It's like an airplane is like box cutters. Like that's not okay, as J j C says, like Bill Belichick said, teams should be able to review everything. Talking about Matt Lafleur's thing, Nemesis Enforcer, Okay, now that you've had the live tree experience, hit Tarja and grab a pre lit tree for seven eighty percent off. You can get pine scented tinsel to authenticate Nemesis Enforcer. With all due respect, we have a tradition in San Francisco where we go to this entire thing with like, you know, a whole Christmas tree yard, and we get it's part of the experience. So I don't think we can remove that. By the way, Brian m did add he said, the other thing mist ignored on the golf grounding play is the past directly hits a ligneman. Shouldn't that have at least been illegal touching?
Speaker 1: No, because he's got to be downfield.
Speaker 3: By the way, legal touching just a something you should be aware of in all phases of your life.
Speaker 1: I just love that you're having as big of an issue with this one today because I feel like this is every week in the NFL for me, where it's like, well, they're at the thirty yard line, so we don't care as much as when it's in the end zone, but like it happens every week, or it just smell.
Speaker 3: It just smelled of NBA style home cooking in an NFL game, where we don't expect that in an NFL game.
Speaker 1: I just I have a problem with I guess I have a problem with the Maybe it's just the title of the rule intentional grounding, because intent that he presumes write someone's.
Speaker 3: Mindset is too But this you bring it up, you make it even worse. What you're saying is right because clearly Jared Goff's intent was to them the ball and instead what the NFL does is clearly flag stuff that is unintentional grounding when they throw it deep and the receiver cuts off his battern. So they're intridiculous.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely ridiculous. Roads at Rhodes Nos Oh, this is great Roads. I like this. Not many care. But Brian Thomas had a touchdown yesterday that was ruled out the two Why not rule it a touchdown? So it has to be reviewed. Not to mention Peterson not challenging it part of the reason he got fired. His in game is terrible. I actually didn't see that roads I actually I did neither.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would actually say though the NFL usually doesn't. These refs usually do a pretty good job of letting that stuff go to make sure they can review it.
Speaker 3: This is the one where this is a great one, Kevin Norman. Can we talk about how long it took the refs to correct? Oh, this is great? How long it took the refs to correct the first and twenty five call given following the dead ball McMillan gun celebration. Replay assists can't call down and till ref you're wrong, it's fifteen yard penalty now first and ten. What he's referring to is after that McMillan penalty where the Bucks eventually got taken back to the you know back, and then Baker hit him in the end zone for the touchdown. In between that, there was a it was like a three and a half minute delay. It was like an a turning. Now I'm gonna go over where the refs the officials decided it was first in goal from the twenty four or wherever it was and even the announcers like, it's not first and goal, like it's first and ten. You shouldn't It's not first and goal. After that penalty, it took him forever to sort that out.
Speaker 1: I love the broadcast teams definitely were a little bit more feisty yesterday, and I loved it like they were that whoever was on that call was going nuts about that, how is this taking so long? Also, when I first happened Gil, I always assume it's a problem with the chains, right, because you're like, oh God, you know, the old guys ran too far. Now we got to bring him back. But that didn't seem to be the problem.
Speaker 3: Actually, everybody was screwed up last one Cowboys underscore cups one yo Dog. So you're okay with the removal the Christmas tree, but not the install. It's like you're good at keeping the reservation but not taking the reservation. Your life has become a signful episode Gilt. It's exactly the same, just different. I'll read one more, Tom f T for three. Since we now have magical expedited reviews, can they assist in judging that a quarterback is not intentionally grounding a ball but is being hit in the past, flutters to the ground. I think I think a flag is over officiated. I'm not sure what he's saying there. Jeffrey s Devoor early twenty twenty five results my Broncos in the playoffs win Vson returning to serious XM win DK offering golf bets that include ties instead of dead heats long overdue win.
Speaker 1: I did notice that as well last week go.
Speaker 3: We'll read mortgage sweets coming up. I guessed on that final Super wild Card weekend game between again the number five seed Vikings my goodness and the number four seed Rams, who again remember the Rams were the team that decided seeding schmeeting. We don't care, you know, we don't care if we're hosting either of the Vikings or the Lions. Whoever loses that game. You know why because we beat the line. Excuse me, we beat the Vikings and we lost to the Lions in overtime. I thought Minnesota minus two and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to see this is when I actually missed the opener. D don't think it opened anywhere. Three two and a half I think was uh was what you usually saw. But this is getting bet today gil. We are down to one and a half most places this morning.
Speaker 3: Now, I am told there was a three and a half to begin this a three and a half, yes, and that to me is shocking. Yeah, Like I cannot believe. And this has nothing to do with last night's game. I just went through a whole litany of reasons why I think the Vikings are actually getting killed in a in a not so reflective way of reality, if you will, from last night's game. But still, it's the Rams, the Rams to me, and let's just talk Macro now, I said this last week three and a half. Wow, the AFC. Pardon me, the AFC is top heavy. We all kind of agree. It's the Chiefs, the Ravens of the Bills, in whatever order you have them. I really me, personally, I can't see any of the other four teams winning the AFC.
Speaker 1: Agreed.
Speaker 3: Okay, And remember we'll show a bracket and Case's slot in the bracket. But we receed in the NFL, so we really don't know who's playing who based on wins here, right, If all the seeds win, the higher seeds win, then you know Houston would go to Kansas City if they beat the Chargers, but we don't know because reseedings happen in case there are upsets or if lower seed wins regardless of what the spread is. Okay, in the NFC, and you and I had that, we don't look at each other's power rankings. We each had those three AFC teams one, two, three in whatever order, and then we had all seven NFC playoff bound teams four through ten. I do feel the NFC is wide open, and I talked about this at the end of last week. For some reason, I can't get the Rams out of my head. I just feel like, now it all goes through Detroit, right, and the only two matchups I have are Detroit versus In terms of bets in my account, I have Detroit versus Baltimore. I have Detroit versus Kansas City. So I like where I'm seated with those. But the Rams, for some reason, I just feel like they can beat any of these teams and I wouldn't be shocked. Do I feel that way about Washington, Tampa Bay, or Green Bay, Let's be honest, not really, though I think all of those teams are feisty and could win one. Do I feel that way about Philly and in Philly, Minnesota and Detroit. Let's put them in their category, in the AFC equivalent category of the three teams that people think are best in the NFC. But I do feel I guess what I'm saying is while I can't see anyone in the AFC overcoming the top three, I do think the Rams are live. Now. Would I be shocked if they lost the first game? No, Minnesota is the favorite team, right, but I do feel they're the team most ripe for a long run of the non top three seeds. Agreed to agree, agreed, agreed.
Speaker 1: We both kind of said that Friday, But I'm gonna stick with what I said last week what Drew said as well. I'm not I'm not gonna be shocked if it's any of these seven teams. The biggest thing that changed my mind over the weekend though, about how these teams do get stacked. It was last night that was impressive by Detroit, the fact that this is okay. The defense answering when it needed to answer with all these injuries that they had Azeloni was great, yep. And the one question I had big time was what was going to happen with this running game with Montgomery out because that one two punch was so effective. And I've always been high on jamieer Gibbs, but my god, Gil, what he's done the past couple weeks on his own, not with anybody to spell him of major consequence, has been extremely impressive. Now the Lions grabbed that by I think it's gonna be tough to beat this team.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's absolutely gonna be tough. And it does go through them at number one Seeds by and large get there right, So it goes through Kansas City, it goes through Detroit. I thinking, if somebody can coach his way into upset after upset, it would be the La Ra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't. I will not count Baker Mayfield out. Oh boint Wait, Baker's playing right now?
Speaker 3: What a great game that is jam Daniels and the Commandos against the Buccaneers Super Wildcar Weekend. Cannot wait. We'll look at those adjusted season win totals that we did throughout the show throughout the year. How we did That's next numbers game visa these Sports Betting.
Speaker 4: Network numbers game on the Sports Vetting Network.
Speaker 3: Coming up top of the hour, Money moves, usually with story Bonta TONI, but Stormy on assignment today she is at the FCS Championship. So it's gonna be JVT and Jeff Schwartz today on the show.
Speaker 1: Montana State, North Dakota State. I only had to check that four times. FeliCa's on who Wigan, Alka's on Montana State laying the.
Speaker 3: Points all right after Money Moves or JBT and Jeff prop points, John Hanson and Make It Rain with Adam Shine. That's from noon to two on Money Moves. That's next right here. At least these sports betting networks to our g Bank best bets of the day, Kelly, I have only made one and that was the Rams plus three. That's the only bet I've made so I caught a three. Awesome, Okay, I bought it up to the three. Actually, to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I am waiting. I don't think I'm gonna get this. I was hoping to tease Rams up with the Ravens, but the Ravens I don't. I think the Ravens are really going to continue to take money here. I think the bigger question with that Steelers Ravens game, I think better chance it hits ten or better chance it goes back to eight and a half. I'm actually asking you, sir, I know I barely phrased that as a question.
Speaker 3: Ten is definitely the resistance point, right for sure. I don't think we see past that, but it wouldn't surprise me if for so, I think it's gonna bat around all week. I really do like this other one, the Chargers in the Texans is batting around all the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, the whole show two big, two big moves. While we've been on the air, Chargers Texans is just three to two and a half back and forth almost everywhere I'm looking. And then Vikings, it's pretty much one and a half everywhere.
Speaker 3: Man Kelly is also on the Pacers in the Heat tonight.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? I got yeah, I got a lot of bets Pacers in the account already laid eight. He'd have a question mark next to them because I'm probably playing them, Gil, like a ninety percent chance. If you've been going on, if you've been checking out what's going on with Miami Heat at all, Jimmy Butler causing quite an interruption with how this team has been playing. It's gotten so bad, though, Gil, At some point I trust spoe too much to let this get too ugly, and this would be the perfect bounce back spot tonight here in Sacramento.
Speaker 3: So Riley says they're not trading him, right, Yeah, that's what he says.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Butler says he doesn't want to play anymore. They suspended him. The Players Association is gonna get involved here. They spended seven games. Yeah, this is a difference between the NBA and the NFL. Tyreek Hill can mouth olve all he wants and say I'm done with the Dolphins, and Dolphins will be like, no, you're not the NBA. These guys get their way all the time. Yeah, they too. The problem is I think I think we've been a little too stubborn on both sides here, Like Riley Paralley, I love you man, and you're a smart guy. Like it's not worth wasting another year. Just send them away and get something back for him, which I think is gonna spa be so angry, but Donald it's Jimmy Butler, man, I don't know like you guys always angry NFL for me, Chargers Texans under forty four. I laid the seven and a half with the bills on the opener, and then a couple of Eagles, moneyline parlays, bills and ravens ew Chalky.
Speaker 3: Best Breats brought to you by G Bank, the official bank of VSENT. That's best Bets. By the way, if you're serious about sports betting, you need the G Bank Visa signature card. Most credit cards treat sportsbook and gaming transactions as cash advances, even when you put your own money on the card. G Bank treats gaming transactions as purchases, so you're typically saving up to three to five percent on cash advance. V's right there, right now. For a limited time, you'll receive a two hundred and fifty dollars bonus after you spend one thousand dollars in the first ninety days. Apply now at Visa dot COM's bank. That's Visa dot Com slasht G Bank. Subject credit approval terms and conditions apply. We had tweets at beating the book Jack one four seven seven zero five four eight. Pro tip for the tree next year. Put it in an old fitted sheet to carry in the house. Needles contain no sap on the hands. Jason Stark. It happened in the Atlanta game on the final drive. The receiver was arguing with the refs that he was doing the first down signal. It's way too subjective O talking about whether it's a first down signal yes or mimicking gunfire. Jamie Leva, Hime Leva, Have you mentioned the Costco apartment living situation to Gil tuning in late If so, my apologies, have a fantastic day. Explain.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, So Costco is coming out with like apartments that they're going to be putting on top of or next to basically Costcos, and that they have like gyms and pools, and it's supposed to be like a you know, live there and never leave situation. Will they will they dumb waiter up things to you up.
Speaker 3: To your apartment. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I immediately texted my father the story though, and said, how happy is your girlfriend going to be about moving into a Costco? He he's absolutely the guy that would that.
Speaker 3: Warren Warren on Twitter at WP lifted. He says Gil Washington going for two to put them up by six made no sense. With four minutes left in the game, the line for the Super Contest was four and a half. We were one game out of first going into week eighteen. Oh did that make you lose in the end?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Oh? V James Lloyd, Yo, did you see Bryce Young pull the Steph Curry when he threw the touchdown pass? Yes? Yeah, you see that. Yeah, balls in the air. He knows it's going to be caught. He turns his back and starts celebrating. Robert Sarajian Chiefs scored thirty a couple times, but that was in ot Panthers Bucks. It's more than thirty, Robert, it's above thirty. The Chiefs did, in fact score thirty twice. You are correct, But the stat is which two teams never scored more than thirty?
Speaker 1: Which three team? I'm not even going to speak meanly about that getting confused because everybody's trying. Everybody who's dropped that stat this year. I feel like someone's come back with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not what we're saying. It's over thirty. Lawrence Anderson in Sane Francisco over the holidays, best experience way MO you have you have you driven one of the have you gotten in one of these cars? San Francisco is driving overrun by these way Mos self driving cars.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm not gonna I'm not gonna sit here and say I'm never gonna do it, Gil, But I'm the first few rides. I'm gonna be the guy back there.
Speaker 3: That's like I just say, I just don't understand. Like somebody on the street just decides to open up gunfire on you. What do you do? Like you can't tell the driver to get out of the way.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm talking about. They lock you in. Look, I better be able to open up that door and talk and roll if I want.
Speaker 3: Little Gracie went and she said, I said, how'd you like it? She said, I would do it again, but with friends. I wouldn't do it alone. That's what I'm talking about. I would creep me out, Trip Tepper. The inability to clearly define the NFL's weapon pantomime penalty illustrates the utter absurdity of the rule. It's impossible to define this is all these artistic gestures are open to a different interpretation. Well said Trip, Well said, you get a couple of questions, many of these yes, please go ahead.
Speaker 1: Okay, one I just got my question answered. I do see one prominent offshore shop that just went to ten on the Ravens. Wow, So there's that. There's that any other bets that you're eyeing early in the week already? And are you like Commander's bucks if this goes to three and a half, you in on Commanders.
Speaker 3: If it goes a three and a half, Absolutely, yes, I have a feeling we see that at some point this week. Here's my question to you, a more sports talk radio question. Which team in Super wild Card weekend has the most pressure on it? Which team has the most pressure on it?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: I have my answer.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say the Baltimore Ravens just because of all the Lamar and the playoff stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's fair. I mean that's absolutely fair. They have pressure on them every round of the playoffs because of that. And you know what, I'll probably be betting against Lamar at some point because of it.
Speaker 3: It's either Baltimore or the other answer would be Minnesota because you win fourteen games, you don't want to get bounced a week one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I think I'm kind of thinking I'm kind of thinking about Buffalo a little like that. Like, Okay, Josh Allen, if we're going to hand you the MVP, and this was your year, right, your year over a significantly better statistical performance by a Lamar Jackson. Yes, significant out there, improve it and that means win a couple games in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Say it again, Kelly, significantly better significantly. Let's take a moment before we leave here, before JVT comes on for money moves to review, because Kelly and I did this all season long, so we'd be remiss not to review this. We did adjusted season win totals, remember our Morgan and Morgan just Wednesdays, total Wednesdays. We did it all year. We didn't do this every week specifically with thejusted season win tos, but we did enough where it's good enough to go back and review. We did this several times. I ended up making nine of these wagers during the season, so these are pre flop win totals. These are during the season, and I end up going six and three for plus two point eight zero units. The only thing I'm the only ones I missed on was the Dolphins under seven and a half. They cleared that with eight wins. The Steelers under nine and a half. We know how that went and then the Niners over nine and a half, which is probably the worst of the bunch, but everything else hit Jags under six and a half, easy, busy, Commodore's over nine and a half, and then I got frisky and went Commodore's over eleven and a half. Bang Bears under seven and a half was the easiest, Steelers under ten and a half, finally got a Steelers one right, and the Browns under four and a half. They only ended up with three wins. Now, I don't say this to say, hey, look at me, look I won I say this to say again, when we talk on this show about the betting markets, the betting vehicles that one should gravitate towards, we talk about pre flop, the Drew Dinsic thing with alternate season win totals. Those are absolutely not priced efficiently. But during the season, adjusted season win total markets are a great way to win money, tried and true year after year because it is not going to be priced as efficiently as you might think they would be, and you, based on schedule, can make really smart bets, as my friend Kelly Bidlin did as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the futures as a whole not fantastic. This year Gil, but win totals were great three and two on preseason win totals, including an alt under on the Giants that was like plus two to ten, and then the end season adjusted ones like you're talking about, that was, what were you six and three?
Speaker 3: I think I beat you by one seven and seven and two, seven and three. Pardon me, seven and three. So six and three and seven and three I believe that's thirteen and six collectively on the show.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. I mean, a couple of these we shared.
Speaker 3: But and again, we don't mean to brag. We don't mean to boast. I mean, yeah I do, look hop butter on the breakfast toast, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: Sorry about say, forty nine ers to win the NFC West Bengals to within THEFC norsews to make the playoff. Yeah, these are just these adjusted during the season.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying. We're not saying it to say, hey, look, We're saying it to say, remember these next year. You ought to bet them yourself, because you should be able to win on them, just as they