Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, ketos, let's get into it part two.
Speaker 3: What scene are we on now?
Speaker 1: We are at the racketball court, which I thought was a really funny.
Speaker 3: This was good. And the only thing is if it was today, it would have been pickleball. But yeah, it's a racketball. That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was that was there was no privacy on a racketball.
Speaker 3: True, it was. That was very clever bit too, that they're just sitting there and the people come in and they're like, no, we have.
Speaker 1: This court right, thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 3: That was a that was a very gilmoury that felt good to me.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm not like, yeah, you know, and this is where you know, I really Lauren has such great comedic timing and such great skills and an ease of delivery, you know, and the speed of delivery it's also great. And it's it's one I said in this scene, I said, God, why just she had better stuff to do?
Speaker 3: I also thought she I mean, and sorry for me for judging. She looks amazing in this episode, like she's getting prettier and cooler and just like physically looks so lore liiish. That's why, like maybe some of the awkward parts, I was like, this is awkward. But the racketball was good. It felt authentic to me, it felt less weird. That's sort of where I was at. I was like, okay, that was That was my problem with the episode. I was sort of felt like I was being you know, step on the gas, off the gass. I'm like, you know, like when someone's a bad driver. Because I'm like, that was weird. No, that was great. That was weird. Why why is part of this so off and part of it isn't? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I could tell that Lauren is probably a very good tennis player and very good racquetball player, but she faked it. You could tell she was faking it.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: It was hard for her to act like bad, to be bad, that's funny.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: You could tell she was good at it.
Speaker 3: Because I sometimes see people playing tennis and TV shows and you're like, oh, they had to really try to act like they were good, and they had to like like figure out how to shoot that so they seem good.
Speaker 1: Right, there's all those tennis movies where people serve and the ball goes about two miles an hour. That's like, oh, there's an ace or like a bad baseball swing and a baseball right.
Speaker 3: You would so be like able to watch on a baseball movie and be like that person doesn't even know what they're doing, know what's going on.
Speaker 1: She's hitting the eyeball with a racquetball.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, and she has the injury and they're gonna put the peas on it, right, right, okay, right, injury. Actually, she looked like so good with the injury.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh wow, right, So then they're down, she's down in the kitchen. She's getting and this is when you start. I started feeling very uncomfortable about this. She's getting rid of some of Luke Luke's things in such a casual way, so weird, and it's just like this is the episodes off, this is this doesn't feel like the show anymore. You know, there's there's something being forced upon us here.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, because again we've like obviously I've seen her sleep with Chris and walk the whole ultimatum thing, but they still haven't said it's over. So it's a little premature.
Speaker 3: When do we get the awkward call from Christopher.
Speaker 1: Oh well, well now we're at Lukes.
Speaker 3: What else happens in that pea scene? Anything else significant? For some reason, I can't remember getting rid of Luke's.
Speaker 1: Bathroom. Oh yeah, yeah, weird his shaving creams.
Speaker 4: Super We always start with the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Nobody's doings goes.
Speaker 1: Every day, and you'll always look.
Speaker 3: Keen, nobody's doing that the next day.
Speaker 1: By the way, Yeah, now let's move on, move on to the red light event. The entire time Iconic is there. Patty start and Luke is driving Tailor's they're going to do a demonstration.
Speaker 3: He's driving Kirk is driving Tailor's sixty four T Bird. Yeah, and he's beauty gloves on and he's.
Speaker 1: All, yeah, he's eviling the whole thing, right.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: Then it starts.
Speaker 5: And flashed three times in the eyes, goes blind from the camera, flashes for red light camera, and takes a sharp right turn right into Luke's diner, destroys the place.
Speaker 1: I mean, how did they shoot that scene?
Speaker 3: By the way, like, where was that? That's a great question.
Speaker 1: That was Luke Stuner. They actually they.
Speaker 3: Had to rebuild it really oh wow, but they didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they actually crashed the car. Oh wow.
Speaker 6: I thought maybe it was a sound like just the drive up was a sound stage or something.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, that that looked like they're just on the set that we all have been to and just were That's like a one take, like you have a good.
Speaker 1: Point, that's pushing Jeff just in the lake. One take.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: Fledgehammer one take. Yeah, brutal.
Speaker 6: It was like I thought, so bad, Like Luke never wants to be involved in any of Taylor's stuff to begin with, and now Lucas doesn't want Lucas, Yeah, he doesn't want to be involved, and now this crash is right into his Yeah, that was wrong.
Speaker 1: But then but then we get the uh, the Luke victory, I mean the Kirk victory coming out unscathed, uninjured. What does he say? What does he say? I'm okay, oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: I think it's later, But Lulu's like totally no, Like all she cares about it is taking care of Kirk. And like the entire diner is ruined and there's just a car stuck in there, and it's just like had some good moments in this too, well.
Speaker 1: It's not the kind of thing you see on Gilmore Girls, but here we have it. Here's yet another thing that is foreign.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it felt that it's still just.
Speaker 1: An actual, like you know, a crash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was outlandish, but I still wasn't like, I still was okay with it. I'm giving that a pass. I had many other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that scene could have fit in in any other episode. Yeah, storyline.
Speaker 6: I think here why I worked here is because you already feel so bad for Luke, and so everything's happened. Now you're like, yeah, this guy, this guy just can't win today, like.
Speaker 4: It is not his day, no month.
Speaker 1: All right. Now we're back at Laurel's Alison, it's mother daughter, and.
Speaker 6: So this is where I had a flag on the episode.
Speaker 1: She tells Lorlai about the crash. Yeah, so that was She continues tossing all of Luke's.
Speaker 3: Stud gone running to the diner, like it just didn't rap.
Speaker 6: I think it was really weird that Rory didn't have any sympathy towards Luke. She to me, she was so immature in this episode and like, yeah, it's funny, like we're laughing about it, and now like oh my god, like Kurt crash, but I think there was nothing like it took Lorelai to say, wait, he ran into Luke's like into Luke Steiner until where he's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like you know, he was fine or whatever.
Speaker 6: She just acted like such a child there, and knowing that last night her mom broke up with Luke, she didn't say anything.
Speaker 3: And she also loves the guy and he's like a father doer.
Speaker 6: Exactly, and so like, yeah, like Kirk crashing and because this went wrong is funny. But the fact that she just had zero sympathy is where I had to put a flag in the writing because I was like, this is so not like Rory.
Speaker 1: I so agree with you. I'm gonna throw all my flags after the fact, Yeah, to support that, because it's like is this a cartoon flag? Well, is this a cartoon or is it a serious drama? Is it a light comedy? What is going on here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right? Because really it's like your terror, you're so right, you really hit the nail on the head. Oh, I'm just getting rid of all this stuff because I'm a cartoon character. I don't have any feelings anymore. And we didn't really had a full relationship for you know, ten thousand in years.
Speaker 3: He's also her best friend.
Speaker 1: It's like crashed in the diner. Oh well, I'm still getting rid of his stuff. Let's get rid of the bobbit and all the you know, what is happening with this? This breakup is so abrupt, it's so cold. Yeah, so final. There's no emotion in it, there's no any kind of find it.
Speaker 4: But like also like not at the same time, it.
Speaker 3: Just happened yesterday.
Speaker 4: Like that's the other thing is like time has it didn't even happened?
Speaker 3: Can I say something to see what you guys think?
Speaker 1: And I gave him an ultimatum and he didn't tell me, just you know this kind of thing, and then that's it and I'm done and it's over.
Speaker 3: It's an een sewen seed jump the shark, Like what's happening?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. Yeah.
Speaker 6: You think they just wanted to move ahead? Do you think because season seven, episode one starts the day after they just kind of wanted to like skip over a bunch because like we didn't come back from summer break this season.
Speaker 3: You mean like kind of just get some just get through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know, so maybe maybe the studio thought that the you know, the Luke wasn't that important a character, this relationship wasn't that important to the show. They're going to toss it away and and and Laura le and Rory are going to be have go along the path heavily after after and just an afterthought and just get rid of it and all that, because that's the cartoonish nature of it for me. Yeah, it doesn't track.
Speaker 6: I think mainly they just want to get through this breakup storyline and then move on to what the next, like whether getting back together or whatever it is. It just felt like, said very.
Speaker 1: Rush, Well, why would they want to get through something like this that the fans have invested so much into for so long, And if they're going to do it, do it right. I mean, take the name with it. This is like the kind of stuff where you know, people get nominated with that because the writing is so rich and the feelings are so deep, and there's so much humor that could come so handled by an Amy and Dan. Right, this is a different.
Speaker 3: Episode, A little messy. This episode. It's a little messy. Here's something I find interesting.
Speaker 1: Season emotional logic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just logic.
Speaker 1: It's emotionally illogical.
Speaker 3: Season seven lost two million, two million viewers.
Speaker 1: Oh is that right?
Speaker 3: From the end of season six. And here's what's interesting about that. It's not like they watched this episode and then never came back. They didn't come back from season six, Like, it's not like they watched it like we are and we're like, this sucks. I don't want to watch this show anymore. They just gave up after season six.
Speaker 1: I mean, the people were watching this show because they believed so strongly in this relationship between Luke and Laurel, I of idyllic love, idealized love, the perfect love, right almost the perfect man who will suffer endlessly for his love, and when he finally gets it and they are finally together, this is what they do. They don't even let them get married. This is what they do. So it must have felt like, and we can talk to the fans about this and they'll respond, how big a betrayal this must have been for their loyalty and for their you know, their dedication to the show. It must have felt like they were just getting stabbed in the back, Like what did I what did I spend six years? What just happened? I just spent six years giving this show every good feeling and every hope and every aspiration that I had for romantic love, and they're doing this. His stuff is getting thrown in the garbage after she cheats on him. I mean, that is right, right as a nuclear bomb on the dropped on the audience. It seems like sensibilities on the morals of the audience.
Speaker 3: People really saw Season seven on DVD and on streaming because they didn't really watch it in its first run. I mean, only four four and a half million people watched it, and we know that it's had such a bigger life on DVD and streaming. I don't know, it's interesting to think about, Like, I don't know. Look, I like Season seven more than I liked the movies. I hate to say. I mean, I know, we're what twenty four weeks from talking about the movies. I had a lot of issues with the movies.
Speaker 6: I'm actually upset Amy. I actually usually stop watching Season seven. I enjoyed the movies.
Speaker 3: So do you rewatch the movies? I have, Yeah, I've only watched them all once and had there were moments, But man, there are things I hate.
Speaker 6: I mean, there are definitely things I don't like about the movies. But I think that and going back to what you said about how many people dropped off after season six, Like when I watched when we recap the last episode, I was like, I don't want to watch the next episode because it's so sad, like I don't want to see what's coming. And for us it's just two weeks later. For other people it's I don't know, four or five months later, and it's like, no, I'm disappointed in what happened and I don't want to come back to it. Yeah, but I think the difference with the movies is it was more of nostalgia and that's why I like going back.
Speaker 3: I think, yes, I was way more excited about the movies. Wait, this seems like a good moment, Danielle, will you read what Suzanne's Even though Suzanne can't talk, we did have her give her thoughts and then we can talk about that as a Scott continues to go through them.
Speaker 4: So Suzanne, she said, overall, the episode made me profoundly sad. Luke and Lourlai both want the same thing each other, but they've both screwed it up so badly that they can't see the way out. More specifically, Loreli's analogy about hanging on the bumper was perfect, but she should have been saying it to Luke. I love the visual metaphor of Laura I sitting in her empty living room and Luke sitting at the diner with all the debris around him, a true representation of their lives. And the scene where she tells him she slept with Chris is brutal. Definitely some of Scott's best work in the entire series.
Speaker 3: What a nice thing.
Speaker 1: Wow, all get that raise. He's a crafty negotiator.
Speaker 3: Her, she's in quotes sick.
Speaker 1: It's a tactic from the law from us. Act like you're sick, compliment them, you'll get what you want, all right. So now we're at the house and Laurel lies telling Rory to go to London. She said, like, just go right, who cares what the rocket means, Just go to London. Get on a planet. I can go to Lund. Yeah, you can go all right. So then so now we have the scene after that, Luke sitting amongst the wreckage of his life, as I wrote down, and I thought that was a very poignant moment. And I'm glad they didn't linger on it because it was the perfect amount of time for the camera just to pan by him and there you go. You get it. Great storytelling, love the stuff that tells the story without the dialogue, because there's so much dialogue, and that's rare when you see a scene like that in this show. Uh so, now this is so we have Rory and Laurel I in whose bedroom is she in? They're in?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes? Is this where she runs up to Laura's bedroom and tells her I know what the rocket.
Speaker 1: Is right exactly. She'd been doing a research the Twilight Zone episod so suspended Animation, True Love, Rocket Boy the whole time.
Speaker 3: That was cool.
Speaker 1: That was that was good. Yeah, she's researching her theory late to know what's the rocket mean.
Speaker 3: She's googling it up and down, relating.
Speaker 1: It to Logan's favorite Twilight Center.
Speaker 3: Good acting by her by Rory. Alexis being ecstatic when you figure it out. And not only are ecstatic, you figured out it's such a lovely sentiment. So I was like, Okay, I'm all jazz. This is great. Go to London, go call it right.
Speaker 1: So it's a good it's a good way to set us up for what's about to happen, which is the phone call.
Speaker 3: She just was a balloon pop what sure was?
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking, man, I'd like to go to Paris in Rome for two weeks and on a getaway. That sounds good to make, but for a young girl, I guess that's not what she wanted.
Speaker 4: But she no, she doesn't want it. She just doesn't want it six months or not even then seven eight months from now.
Speaker 3: I think it just made her anxious too.
Speaker 1: To be Yeah, he just needed to step up and be very clear, I want you here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she could have too and just said, hey, I want to come down. I didn't think about this earlier.
Speaker 6: But also could be like she doesn't want to interfere with him and his dad, right, But she didn't.
Speaker 1: She didn't really, she's not afraid of his dad. She's not afraid of his dad that well, but but his relationship with right and I think his future as well. Yeah, So how committed is she right to at least have the talk? And I think there's some missing pieces here that we all recognize that we wish we had its cover, but we don't have them.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 4: Forget to mention that Christopher called and asked her to dinner.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think I was so stunned. It was didn't even and I just sort of dropped the pen like.
Speaker 4: It was like, at least he's not one world Christopher.
Speaker 1: It's illusion.
Speaker 4: Is he's so delusional that he does not know what is happening.
Speaker 6: Just amazing, like you think you're back together this woman even if it was like let's say hypothetically, if it was something in the future, she just broke up her engagement.
Speaker 1: He's not aware that he is.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I would rather him call to not call, Like we don't want him to not call. Then he's just like kind of a jerk. But he really is so into her and she's so not right now.
Speaker 6: I'd rather him not call, like they're going to talk eventually.
Speaker 4: But if he's gonna call, say hey, like are you doing okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, well that would have been better.
Speaker 1: But I mean, what do you expect. Is this guy ever played his cards right? However, in any situation new this guy's dealt aces in his life and he keeps just blowing. It keeps folding.
Speaker 4: Hey, Laura, want to go to dinner?
Speaker 6: No, it's always.
Speaker 1: Lor Maybe you come by I'm making something. My hair's getting a little long. Maybe you give me another buzz cut. Yeah, anyway, so now we have the uh now have it just breaks? This is this scene where the steak goes into the heart of the vampire and finally kills it. Uh Luke uh makes it, pulls up in his truck like Jed Klampet in the Beverly Hill Bills and says, you know, Laura, al, I'm gonna get you out of here, take you to.
Speaker 3: This is blurred, this scene, the two Luke scenes. I've got them.
Speaker 1: Soard make you to Mariland to marry it, and then we're gonna go for a month for a week, and we're gonna set up tents, have our honeymoon. And it's just like God, I did not recognize that man.
Speaker 3: I recognized him coming and.
Speaker 6: Trying, but not what he said about Marilyn and looping.
Speaker 3: Right and just like right and just like almost I don't almost caving. Right. It's like, be true to the fact that you have a kid and this is difficult, and that's okay. Do you know what I'm saying? Like you don't need to just do a one to eighty, Like stay true to the fact, but communicate it. I love you, You're everything to me. I'm so it's not even overwhelmed. I'm so like I'm lost in my situation right now.
Speaker 1: It's so big, and this is why it doesn't track. One of the reasons this doesn't track is because what were Amy and Dan so clever about. They always did the small thing when in the big moment, the big thing. In the small moment, they always did the opposite. They always gave you something you never saw coming, never expected, So that the move here so true would be that Luke breaks it off because he sees how unhappy she is. It's the noble thing to do because I really need to get to know my kid better. This isn't fair to you, So I'm going to break this off so you can go live your life. And it's the hardest thing I ever did. It would have been the greatest scene ever written.
Speaker 3: That is a really great all out. They did the small thing. And I think that's why this episode is so weird, because it's like not there's like some subtleties that are missing, Whereas in the end of season six, we want him to do the big thing, we want him no stop, but he doesn't do it because that's not what he does.
Speaker 1: Right. Not only does he not fight for her in the right way, he lets her dump him right. So he's out of touch. So they're completely disconnected because of his kid. No, do the noble thing. It saves her character, it gives her dignity. She retains her dignity, He retains his dignity. Yeah, you're right. Jumping the shark a little bit.
Speaker 3: Now, jump in the shark a little bit stuff sharks, jumping us the diner stuff tracked when he's in the diner and they're like, do him move the car, keep the car, and move the car, keep the car, And he's not talking about the car at all. Yeah, he's like, I can't make these decisions. This is so hard for me. Obviously we know it's not about the car. He doesn't give a crap about the car or the diner or any of it right now. So that was I like that that parallel. We've seen that with Luke before, so that was sort of interesting. But you're right, it's too much for us with Luke with the truck all filled with weird crap and like let's just go now, and it's like, no, you should be a little mad, actually, Luke, that she broke up with you and gave you this aull tomt it like, I don't know that not mad, but hurt is a better word.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know it's unfortunate. And I'm gonna make a blanket statement. Here's probably gonna get me in a lot of trouble. But here's what I think. I think productions, whether they're in film and television, who value the opinions of their cast and versus those who don't. I think you get better television and film when people, directors, producers, whoever, studios are open to the ideas of their cast.
Speaker 3: It's so interesting.
Speaker 1: And I know, I know Lauren had a million.
Speaker 3: Ideas and they didn't do them.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether they did them or not, but I know she was very, very vocal, and you know, I had some issues at times. But you need to be in an environment where that kind of thing is welcome because it's kind of rare.
Speaker 3: It's interesting you say that. I was listening to the Glee Rewatched podcast and Amber Riley talked about this the other day, where they wanted her character to do something and she went in and stead no. And I think they tried to convince her and again I'm paraphrasing, and she said no, when the character didn't do it, They went with what the actor felt was authentic to the character. And I thought, oh, that's pretty.
Speaker 1: Cool because you know, they may have their ideas. Even if they created the character and they write the character, doesn't necessarily mean all of the time that they know the character better than the person that's portraying the character.
Speaker 3: M do you think a show is better like Barry for example, where somebody give me his name, Henry Winkler, and the guy from Saturday Night Live that plays Barry, he wins all those awards. Come on, somebody, somebody, Bill Hayter, thank you so much. So Bill Hayter, like is the star of the show, writes the show and directs the show. Right, It probably is. It's such a hugely successful show and so critically acclaimed because like you're saying, the actor is the character, he's also writing the and directing it, right, So you're not. And I'm sure if he got notes, he'd be like, thank you for your notes, ignored. Do you know what I mean? I don't want to speak for Bill Hater, but you see what I'm saying is like, I wonder if Lauren wrote the show and was directing it, if it would have felt more authentic to the character. It does feel a little screwy here.
Speaker 1: No, not necessarily right, the show just let's have a talk. This is how I feel where the character should go. Some of these narratives just don't work for me. I'm concerned about it. You can't really open your mouth unless you're a producer on the show.
Speaker 3: Right, would you have felt scared to do it?
Speaker 1: It's politically risky and you know, has that changed over time? Actually? I had a lot of freedom on the first year of Sullivan's Crossing, and I think the results in terms of what I was doing are apparent for all to see. And I noticed it second seasons a little more difficult because then there's more studios involved. Now now it's a hit, and now it's like, well, you know, so your voice gets sort of cut me muted, muted, you know, it's better way.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 1: But that's but if you're not a producer on the show, it's hard to have your input, you know, taken in all of the time, or even a little bit of the time.
Speaker 3: So I get that because too, Like if you think about like if you've got bills to pay and kids sent to college, you're a little bit more hesitant to be that guy or girl that's like the hey, no, no, no, because you don't want to lose your job.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of people involved in this business that have no idea what good storytelling is. Who are in positions of power. That's the problem, because let me tell you one thing. The great actors, the serious actors, no storytelling better than all of them. They just do. And I think if they're listened to, their productions improved by a magnitude, by a magnitude. That's what all interesting. Yeah, they're part of They have to be part of the creative process. If you want a great product, if you want a great show or a great film, they have to be part of the conversation. Their input has to be listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I almost would have thought that in season seven you lose Amy and Dan, you know, obviously the guy that took over is great and knows what he's doing. I think I would have been like, hey, this is gnarly scary, Like we just lost our writer, director, creator. Let's all put our heads together and figure out how to make the best show. I think you would have thought they would have wanted the actors at that point more because you know, the character is better than anybody other than probably Amy and Dan.
Speaker 1: You know what. Nobody wants to listen to the actors most of the time because the writers, you know, they feel like they're smarter than everybody, and you know they'll be damned if they're going to take a note from an actor. That's kind of how they look at And I think the reason that happens is writers, for the most part, are the most looked down upon a group in the creative process in the business. Oh, they're not giving a great deal of respect. They're interchangeable. Actors are interchangeable writers actors, you know.
Speaker 3: And that brings me back to my Bill Hayder theory that like, if you are the writer who's also the star, you'd be so much more open to hearing from the actors.
Speaker 1: But if you're a writer, director, creator, producer, then you get respect. Okay, Oh interesting, if you're just a writer and you're on a staff, you're not getting a lot of respect. If you're just an actor and you're not a producer, if you're not a huge star. You're not getting a lot of RS.
Speaker 3: And Gilmour was a show where you say every word the way it is written. Yes, yeah, so that's kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: And you know what, it wasn't a problem because the words were so great, right right, right, you know what I mean. It's like, yeah, I get to say that. It was like Aliens in America didn't really do anything ratings wise, but we got to say those words, and it was a thrill to go home and read those scripts. You know, you're like, wow, I get to say these words. This is really cool, great writing, you know, great writers. But when that isn't the case, and it doesn't you know, and it's these are subtle gradations. I mean, it doesn't take a lot to ruin a script right, well.
Speaker 3: Early, because this is almost a great episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah see yet how much great stuff there is in it, right, and how darn entertaining it is.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it, right. I definitely had my time where I was like, I would rather have five more seasons of this than end at season seven. But it's not the same.
Speaker 1: But they wrecked the wreck. They wrecked the love story for seven million people.
Speaker 3: And I've never had the ick from Christopher until now.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying calamine lotion helps helps with that.
Speaker 3: Have we finished the episode?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So what do we think of it?
Speaker 1: Luke takes in the I slept a question for Lyne. He takes that in verbally yep out.
Speaker 6: I don't blame him, lad, that was a Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's not a great She did not make a great call on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just feel bad for the fans back in two thousand and seven, two thousand and six they had to go through.
Speaker 3: I feel they didn't even show up to watch it. That's what I think is so interesting too. I mean that two million.
Speaker 1: Of who's ever been exposed to that I feel bad for.
Speaker 3: Of course, but like it's weird that two million people just didn't even come show up. And I wonder, like if you if we talk to the writers, like I wonder if they were so stressed, because like we've talked about, you said, Amy and Dan took their grade scripts and polished them up, and like here's what I can tell you, and like everybody can be like Amy sucks, but like we take things, Danielle and I. Our job is we take things that our team writes right, and we polished them up, and sometimes they come to us kind of like mediocre at best, right, And I'm not tooting our horns, but like our that is our job. We are paid to do that, to polish it up. And they lost their polishers, so maybe they were so stressed and maybe they even are like, hey, we're not bringing our A game because we don't even are. This is our a game. They took it to the A plus yeah, and now they don't have that.
Speaker 4: I wonder if Amy and Dan came back, what would have happened this season.
Speaker 1: They weren't coming back, but if they did.
Speaker 4: What how Gilmour Girls would have ended versus how it actually did.
Speaker 3: Well, we know how it would have ended, because they they ended the movies in the way they wanted to end the series. And what I can tell you is the way they end the movie would have been comic way to end this. No, I'm not gonna give it away. The way they end the movies to me would have been the most iconic way and the series it would have been epic. It's weird how they ended up movies. Scott's like Tillie God. Also, you know how the movies end there.
Speaker 4: I'm assuying something with the daddy not knowing who the daddy is.
Speaker 3: I'm not telling you anything. I'm just telling you it would have been a great end of season seven where you're like.
Speaker 6: What, so basically the movies, the movies should have been season seven, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Well, no, because there's weird things in the movies too, but just the very end is.
Speaker 1: The show should have ended after season six and then that's it. No season seven.
Speaker 3: You guys, there's so many things coming you're gonna hate so much more than this episode.
Speaker 1: So it's going to be fun.
Speaker 3: This one.
Speaker 4: Seven out of ten?
Speaker 3: What we give? What we Yeah? What are you giving this? Seven out of ten? Scrambled eggs? Yeah, I'm yeah. I think I'm seven. I was gonna say six point five, but I think i'm seven. Red light cameras, so I'll say six point eight red light cameras.
Speaker 6: Danielle, what was your measuring stick?
Speaker 4: Scrambled eggs?
Speaker 6: Damn, Okay, that's mine. I'm going to give it a six point five t birds.
Speaker 3: Oh good, good one. But it's our lowest scores ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm giving it an absolute nuclear zero. No, it did not register at all. Destruction of two main characters. I mean obliteration, the fallout of that, the radiation.
Speaker 3: Should we not even have Emily and Richard? That was weird? No, it didn't like that. That all.
Speaker 1: We didn't need them in this episode.
Speaker 3: I think they could have helped.
Speaker 1: They would.
Speaker 4: Richard's credited in it, so they're.
Speaker 3: Both in the always in the opening credits.
Speaker 1: But think they wanted to say what they wanted to save Emily and Richard to bring the body bags, clean up the mess. Uh sorry, I think some high jinks and some funny moments cannot make up one iota for the destruction of these two characters and this relationship. Yeah, and you know, you know now it's in negative to us.
Speaker 3: Have we not seen it off before?
Speaker 1: Is that Jesus?
Speaker 3: I mean I come back because there's parts of Christopher I actually like, we're all right, sounds like that's like I need it.
Speaker 1: Can we just like just bail out of this thing? Uh? Sorry kids that you had to watch this. We sympathize and now we're gonna need therapy after watch them all the best best fans on the planet. Sorry you had to take all those knives in the back from this episode. But that's just the nature of fandom. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, thanks for the downloads, keep the cards and letters coming, and all you bots out there just to raise yourself. We have a technology.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can take it. I can take it. I can take it.
Speaker 2: By day safe kids, Jase, Hey, everybody, and don't forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.