Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Once a week from Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry recap our favorite reality shows. Every visit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Boo, rain Drops, we have rain Drops favorite Reality with the King, favorite and one of my favorite people in the entire world. Of course, I'm talking about the amazing and the very credible Walter Kronckhaid.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Dey Quinn.
Speaker 3: Everyone needs Carlos King as their hype man. I'm just saying it is the most incredible feeling, and I feel the same about you. Congratulations. Every time I turn another hit news show on the way, I'm so excited for Love and Marriage Detroit.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Dave. We have to talk about breaking news of Real Housewives of New Jersey, Caroline Manzo saying that she allegedly knows who called the FEDS on Joe and Teresa.
Speaker 2: So make sure you.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned so that Dave and I can talk about that. In addition to I have a statement.
Speaker 2: From Jaqueline Loreta about what.
Speaker 1: Was said on this podcast that I'm going to read live to Dave Quinn and we're going to dissect that. But first thing's first, Dave Quinn, we got to talk about it Real Housewives of New York City reboot and the trailer. Now, I'm going to be very honest. When I heard about the reboot, I was like, when I saw the cast, I was like, when I saw the little promo of the app, I'm like, where is Ramona?
Speaker 2: But you need her?
Speaker 1: But then I saw the super trailer, and baby, I think we may be in store for what looks like a fascinating season.
Speaker 2: But Dave, let's talk about the Real Housewives of New York.
Speaker 1: City reboot and what was your thoughts when you saw the trailer that you posted.
Speaker 3: I do feel like there was a lot of clever stitching in that trailer to make things seem a little bit more dramatic than perhaps they really are. However, I don't need drama, and I was saying this, you know, I think that the show has fallen into this trap of having to give us some sort of explosive like your husband's cheating or you were you know. Even they have this moment in the trailer of like, you're flirting with a married man. I do. I don't really care about that. That's not what I'm looking for in housewives. I want to go back to the nonsense. I want to go back to the silly, petty little you didn't invite me to a party and I'm mad at you for it, or you know, I don't like the way you spoke to me and that little thing about nothing. So the thing about the trailer that made me excited was when they were like accusing Jenna of not wanting to go on the trip because she had to fly coach. I was like, yes, that is petty, that is silly, that is stupid. That's what watched on to that, and I'm really excited about it. All the other stuff I don't need. So I liked what I was getting from that silliness.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, I'll agree with you.
Speaker 1: Because I had very low expectations for this Real Housewives of New York City reboot. I was pleasantly surprised that it seemed like, Okay, they have personality, there's personal story going on, right, and just the family life that I felt like was always missing from reality television, especially the New Housewives.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So when I saw that personal story was happening on the reboot.
Speaker 2: And the fashion was fashioning.
Speaker 1: I was like, Okay, this could be something. But people are saying this though, Dave. Due to a lot of people's excitement about the trailer, they're now asking should every city that's in trouble have a reboot to where they wipe out the cast and have a fresh new group of women.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. And in fact, one of the things that I really learned when I was writing the book was that early on that was a thought process when it came to Housewives. When they were starting to build it, they thought, well, we'll do it like the real world. So we'll have the New York season with these women, and then next season we'll bring back a totally different group of women and do it again. I'm glad they didn't do that. I like the longevity. I want to know who these people are. I still think that the reboot of New York City was a mistake. I just don't see looking at Gena Alliance. Why can't I see Gena Alliance with Luan like and Derinda, and I think it was the nature of what was happening in the world. People were losing their minds stuck at home. I think the network hastily reacted to outrage that didn't really exist from the voices of a few and not the viewers of many. And I think that there was still fixing it. I think that, you know, they may have been angry at things that were happening behind the scenes and just didn't want to deal with it and rushed into this. But decisions were made far too quick. Ebany Is I still think a very great housewife, but she shouldn't have been the only one that season. They should have brought in three or four other women, you know, and it should have been a gradual switchover. And New York has made these hasty decisions in the past. We all saw what happened with season four, the reckoning, and it doesn't always dreadful. How dreadful so I don't know. I wish I want the more investment in the new women, and in order to do that, I think we need to see them mixed with the old. I'm excited about some of these ladies, but I can't imagine that everyone is a star. I mean, and I say that kindly. It's just the way it works, right, Like they're not all stars.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I think we have to wait and see. Because I said this on my podcast, I am going to watch the first episode. I'm committed to watching the first episode. I cannot promise I'm going to watch the entire season.
Speaker 2: And the example that I'll give is.
Speaker 1: I watched the first episode of the Real Housewives of Dubai and I went bye bye. It wasn't that the first episode wasn't great. I watched the first episode of the Real Housewives of Dubai and I remember saying to my boyfriend like, oh, I like.
Speaker 2: Them, okay, And then.
Speaker 1: The second episode I forgot to watch. And because I wasn't invested in these new women from this big brand, I did not care to return. I am invested in what I know. So when you create a whole new cast, is not that these women aren't stars or our stars, it's just more so, do I care to invest my time and a whole new group of women for twelve weeks of my life?
Speaker 3: Listen, there's a plethora of television to go in with, and a plethora of housewives. We are oversaturated at the moment, I didn't feel the same way about Dubai. I was shout out Emmy winner Glenda Cox her editing on that first season, especially that first episode felt so rich and exciting, and I was really drawn in. I do think that history will show that Dubai is much more Potomac than it is Dallas, and we will look back at Dubai season one and it will feel like Botomac season one. I do think that there's lots of stars in that cast that will carry us through, and I've heard the next season is delightful in New York. I'm excited to invest in some of these women. Bren for me, feels like a star. Side for me feels like a star. Jenna is going to be, of course interesting to watch. I kind of been looking forward to seeing what the dynamics are. But would I be surprised if season fifteen introduces some of our familiar faces back into the mix.
Speaker 2: No, I never thought about that, Like, if.
Speaker 3: This doesn't do well, let's say that it's not really clicking, and let's say Legacy does really well, why wouldn't they bring Luanne on the show and Derinda and possibly Ramona Sonya like, why wouldn't those that core four if you will, they all kind of seem like they would fit in.
Speaker 1: Well, oh, absolutely no, And I think it's a genius idea of that happens. And again, when I heard about the announcement, I had Ebony as my first guest on this very podcast, and I said to her, I think the reboots should be on Peacock and the Legacy should be on Bravo because we're in invested and Peacock is not a disc Real Housewives of Miami. In my opinion, it's successful because, yes, the show is good in the cast, it's tens across the board, but I think the show being on Peacock did not allow it to have the same pressures as the other housewives on Bravo.
Speaker 2: And I think the New York reboots should have been on.
Speaker 1: Peacock to give it that same sort of setup, because look, New York is going to come on after the Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 3: That's big. That is big. They've never been on Sunday nights like this. No, that's huge.
Speaker 1: It's huge, but also very risky, yeah, because I don't think the Atlanta audience is also the New York audience. But depending on the direction of this cast, we shall see.
Speaker 2: But rain drops, let me know if.
Speaker 1: You're into or not into the reboot of the Real Housewives in New York City. Me and Dave were gonna watch it, and Dave, I'm putting on the spot. I'm going to invite you back on the show so that you and I can recap the first episode.
Speaker 3: Yes, started spreading the news.
Speaker 1: I'll be there, honey, the Real Housewives of New York City Legacy being the fifth installment of Ultimate Girls Trip.
Speaker 2: I peed my pants.
Speaker 1: I did a cartwell, I was so excited. Still am we're talking about Ramona Singer, Kelly ben Simone, leu Ane, Kristen Sonya.
Speaker 2: That's it, right, am? I missing Anybodynda A.
Speaker 1: Plus A plus A plus A plus A plus. I love Kelly Bensimone. I fell in love with her when she was jogging down Central Park Avenue in her set up scene to her intro card. I'm looking forward to seeing this cast. I think it's a genius idea. But you brought the news, so tell us all about it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's really exciting. You know, it's been very well publicized that they were trying to do this legacy show that would have been a little bit more substantial that we would have seen sort of a longer mix. And Jill, if you remember, there was Jill Zaren was supposed to be in that mix, and that really all fell apart during discussions and negotiations of contracts, and it was very public. I mean, everybody talked about it on that cast pretty much in a public manner. And I think this is the better choice because the truth is, this is what I want to see, and I want Ramona in the mix. Even if I don't like her. I want Ramona in the mix. You know. If I'm like watching as a viewer and there are things that she's saying that I find annoying, I still want to see her. I still feel like she's part of the mix, and I think this will work much better as a viewing experience. I certainly, as you may know, I was on tour with the women, as you said earlier, and they were all talking about it before the news had been announced. They were all planning what they were going to wear to upfronts and how they were going to handle it. They were all discussing their feelings about, you know, seeing some old faces that they hadn't seen in a while.
Speaker 2: Christen Takeman, who allegedly Ramona doesn't remember. I continue, I.
Speaker 3: Know, I'm obsessed with that, but you know, and I could see what it could what it's going to be like, you know, I could see it in there. I was saying to them, well, we have to see the pirate, don't you think And they were like, oh, I wonder if the pirate will come back? And I was like, and the viewers are going to want this, don't you think. You know, Like I said to Ramona, well, surely Kristen's going to talk about the fact that you threw a glass at her. She's like, no, yeah, she's not going to bring that up. I was like, yeah, she like, that's we're going to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: We want to see it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: But you know, there were a lot of names in the mix of who could have been invited to this trip, and I think it's interesting why others said no like that. That's fascinating to me.
Speaker 1: Question for you because you and I both know when it comes to Bravo's best to say nothing.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Versus her opinion out there. At times, Me and Dave know that personally. So, Jill Zaren went on a radio show and pretty much revealed that she wanted to make sure that every cast member got paid the same amount of money. We called that in the business Favorite Nations, everybody makes the same money. She felt that I don't care if I wasn't on the show, as long as Ramona I deserve the same amount as Ramona. We now see that Jill Zaren is not going to be on this Ultimate Girls Trip. Was she asked back or did she turn it down?
Speaker 3: From what I understand, she wasn't asked. I don't work for Bravo, just to be clear, but that's what I understand that she was not asked for. This is what I've heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think it has to do with her revealing too much information about the financials of the business and the deal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And again no one said that to me directly, but yeah, no, my dog is sparking. Even my dog agrees. My dog is like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And for the record, I met jills are Did I tell you the story?
Speaker 3: Day?
Speaker 1: I was up doing Heather McDonald's live show in New York City doing Bravo con and I Jill Zarren came backstage because she knows Heather McDonald And Heather said, this is Carlos King and she said, oh, you're Carlos King. And I said, does that mean something? She said, oh, yes, it does day she was listen. She was so nice. He daughter was there with her man, her Doggie was I mean, Jill's beautiful. She was so sweet and I was like you and she said should.
Speaker 2: I do legacy?
Speaker 1: And I said, bitch, apps a fucking literly you should do legacy like duh. But anyways, I sell that to say. When she said, oh, you're Carlos King, it made me think, I said, I wonder if she knows who I am. Primarily because of my interview with Ramona.
Speaker 2: Oh, that could be it where Ramona.
Speaker 1: Said to me and my exclusive with her that she was not interested in doing legacy because she called it the loser show.
Speaker 2: Andy, it may.
Speaker 3: Oh that made some headlines. I think I may have written one of those headlines.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say. I think people Vaccine may have had the exclusive.
Speaker 3: Sure it's a good quote, Ramona. She's a quote machine.
Speaker 2: Oh so much so.
Speaker 1: Andy Comer review his book that what he heard or called the show loser legacy.
Speaker 2: He wasn't too happy about it. Now I've said publicly there is no Ronie without Ramona, and I'm happy that everybody has seen that it is true.
Speaker 1: Even you said it. Whatever happens, it happened. You need Ramona. Do you think it's fair that Ramona is back on the show when some people are saying she's problematic? You know, Ebani has alleged a few things about her on her podcast. Ramona addressed that on my podcast. We don't have to get into it. Just listen to my episode with Ramona. But do you think all of that take into account? Should Romona be back on Legacy?
Speaker 3: I take it all into account. I understand the feelings about it all. And again, there are things that have been alleged about her that are really difficult for anyone I think to wrap their head around. But I don't need to look into a mirror when I watch reality TV. I prefer to look into a window. I want to see things that are not in my life and that are not reflections of who I am. I want to see different things, So I don't need to condone her beliefs in life. I just want to see what she's doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for the record, an investigation was launch and they found nothing. That's not my opinion, it's not your opinion. That's the fact. And again it's just what was uncovered due to an investigation being launched and apparently nothing was found it. So with that being said, if you do an investigation nothing came out of it, then in my opinion, you should be able to move on and move forward. And I think Ebony and Ramona have both moved forward in their lives and I'm just saying, to see Ramona back in the mix with these ladies excites me. And that is why I am going to watch every single episode because if we're going to get Scary Island two point zero, baby, that's what I'm here for.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about it. I will say, though, I really do wish Jill was a part of it. And yeah, I think that Jill is incredible television. I think that she again, we all remember season one, two, three, four Jill, and that's what we're thinking of when we're talking about Jill, and that's what I want to see. I want to see sort of her in the mix with those ladies, those old relationships. Ramona crying on the bed in Morocco after they got into a fight, right, Like, there's history there. Yeah, and we haven't really seen the Ramona Luine Jill Trifecta relationship. Explored that I know they were all living for a time in New York, either in the same building or right around one another, and there's a lot that I'm interested in. But you know, I do think that Jill's conversations about the financial negotiations that the network would much prefer to keep private was her downfall in that situation. And again, I'm just guessing this, but I don't even necessarily think that her financial negotiations were the reason Legacy fell apart. I just think they don't like that she was saying that it was the reason Legacy fell apart. A great yeah, Like, I think that there was probably way bigger reasons that Legacy fell apart than you and I will ever know about. But I don't think it was a good idea for her to go and spill that information. And look, she's doing great. She has another reality show coming that she's going to be on, The Goat Show and they're looking for the greatest reality show star of all time, and she's in the mix of competitors. It's a competitive reality show.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jill, listen Amazon freeby is great.
Speaker 2: I love Jeff Lewis Show.
Speaker 1: Right, you will always be known as a housewife, and if you want to have staying power in this unscripted business.
Speaker 2: You have to know that what Dave just says so.
Speaker 1: Eloquently, you should have thought about the bigger picture.
Speaker 2: Of the world seeing you and Ramona and Luan.
Speaker 1: Back together and what that could have done for your bookings, what it could have done for your businesses, because even seeing you on season two of Ultimate Girls Trip Jill and the worst of Kim Kardashing to Courtney krk Dashing and Barker, you were the least exciting to look at and to me, that installment did nothing for you. It did nothing for you, but this could have. So I'm a little disappointed that you decided to go on Jeff Lewis Show, spill all the tea, honey, and then not be invited back to a home that I would say you helped build.
Speaker 2: I hate to interrupt, but stay tuned for more.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back after these quick ads. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 2: All right, so the moment you've been waiting for breaking news.
Speaker 3: My heart has been beating out of my chest since you said that.
Speaker 1: By the way, Real Housewives of New Jersey alum Caroline and her daughter Lauren mans Hey Lauren, they were at an event where they were speaking on a panel and Caroline alleged that she is not the one who called the FBI on Teresa and Joe, but she knows who did, and that the reason why she's not going to reveal it is because she's not a rat and that she refuses to ever talk about it mention the names. But she wanted to set the record strate that it was not her. Dave Quinn, what are your thoughts on him? Because people are saying, okay, was it allegedly Teresa's brother and sister in law? Was it allegedly a man's old person. Was it somebody in the neighborhood. Was it somebody at GSO dance school? A pageant?
Speaker 2: Mom?
Speaker 3: Is it Kim f camc It could have been anyone.
Speaker 2: These are strong accusations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish it was the first time I heard that news, but it wasn't because she actually said that when I was interviewed her for the book, and it was one of the things that didn't make it in I could have. I don't know if I ever told you this, Carlos, but like the first chapter I handed into the publisher, which was Orange County, the biggest season, right it had been on for fifteen years at that time, so we had the most material with Orange County, and I started with OC because I wanted to get an idea of sort of what a chapter would look like. That first chapter was three hundred pages long. What because there was so much information and I went into so much depth about everything, and really each topic was very flushed out and very deep and from multiple perspectives. And we obviously, you know, at that time, I tried to say to my publisher, like, I think you guys need to do multiple books. I don't think this is one book. I think you should do this, as you know, three or four franchised chunks and really make it. But obviously I didn't win because nobody wanted to listen to me, so we cut it back. And this was one of the things that got cut on the In the pages was Caroline saying this that while she was not the one who did it she knows who did. I will say, Caroline isn't a rat because I bribed her with a lot of cheese and got nowhere. She would not tell me what the answer was and the reasoning behind it. And boy do I wish saying new But I will say that I don't really think that even if someone tipped them off, I would be surprised that if the FEDS weren't already in on it, you know, like, I don't think that I don't know. I don't think the FEDS didn't know that this was happening. And while devastating for their family, of course, you know, this is similar to what was going around about jen Shaw when people were saying, oh, you know, I think they were accusing Meredith of tipping off the Feds. And at the end of the day, we have to say, like, well, isn't that a good thing if they did a crime? Ooh, and somebody reporting a crime. I don't I mean, morally, aren't we supposed to be trying to live honestly? And you know, if somebody was scamming out a bunch of people like Jenshaw was doing to these victims, isn't it good that somebody blew the whistle on that.
Speaker 1: Dave, Honey, I love you because you put things into a totally different perspective.
Speaker 2: I never even allow my mind to go there.
Speaker 1: But you're making a lot of sense in terms of that being the reason.
Speaker 2: In terms of listen.
Speaker 1: Somebody did that, Is that a good or bad thing? And I want my audience to weigh in and answer that. So obviously one thing is said that is interesting. Look, even if you tip someone off. And again, I don't work in the FBI. I don't know anything about the fans or I don't know anything about all of it.
Speaker 3: I don't even watch the CBS FBI show, whatever it's called. I don't watch that show. Yes, I whatever FBI show is on, I don't even watch it. So I don't I really know nothing.
Speaker 1: I don't not think I like I said, I only watch Brazil de Blanco's Lifetime movies. So that's my gang stuff fed sort.
Speaker 2: Of like education.
Speaker 1: But it's it's to me. And again, call me ignorant, but I'm gonna say how I feel.
Speaker 2: The FEDS and.
Speaker 1: The irs to me are are the same in the sense of it doesn't take a phone call to make an immediate arrest you know, like, you can't call the irs and say this person owes you that you have to do some due diligence. There has to be a diligence period if that's the case. So that's why I do understand where you're coming from in terms of now, look, could they've already been on track in terms of finding something and the phone call sort of helped them confirm things. Sure, But if you're if Caroline is saying that she knows the people or person who call the FEDS on Teresa how soon they're after were arrest made, because that to me determines if they were already on the Tales of Joe right, or did this person who tipped them off made the FED do their due diligence. So that to me is what's so interesting about the accusation and the timeline in which Joe and.
Speaker 2: Teresa obviously were arrested.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I'm trying to remember if she I feel like this came up while we were discussing stripper Gate, so it may have been around that timing, which by that time season four four. Yeah, So by that time, I just remember that happened in four, which was filming consecutively with three, which is why Jacqueline didn't show up to three. But by that time there was already you know, the backyard scene with Jacqueline and Teresa, the tabloids that had been reporting about this, the rumors of is she going to jail? So if that call happened, then it may have only been to strengthen a case, not to start the.
Speaker 2: Case, right right, right, all this to be.
Speaker 3: Said, and this is really hard because again, I really like Teresa, I really like Caroline, you know, I care about these people. I want good things to happen to them in their lives. And what happened to Teresa was really difficult, and it obviously broke a part of family and he is still not back in the United States, and that was really hard. And she went to prison, and there was time away from her family, and her parents passed away afterwards, lots of tragedy. But looking at her now, she's seemingly, from what she has said, very happy in her marriage and her relationship seems to be in a very good place. So perhaps the challenges that we face in life make us stronger and set us up for the things that were really supposed to be going through and really where we're supposed to be in life. Maybe one day she'll look back on the fact that somebody may have called the FEDS and tipped them off as a as a good thing, because it helped her to get to it.
Speaker 2: I don't think she'll ever see you, but you know.
Speaker 3: I know that's crazy, but I would encourage her to feel that way.
Speaker 1: I'm so the thing is Jesus, Jesus right, hey, Faede fixing Jesus. But we'll say this, if a person or persons who made this call happens to be in her family, as somebody who has nine siblings and a bunch of cousins and aunts and all that stuff, that is very fucked up.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's too I'm not gonna use her rat.
Speaker 1: Because I don't want to call anyone that, but to to do that to a family member who's in close proximity with you allegedly, if that's what happened, then I would.
Speaker 2: Say it's fucked up. And and it.
Speaker 1: Makes me wonder if Teresa knows who they are, and if Caroline or somebody around Caroline told Teresa Laga Dolores told them what happened, and it got back to Teresa could be.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a lot of scenarios that one can explore there. I agree. I mean, it would be very hard to forgive a family member if they did that. Luckily, none of my family speaks to me, so I don't have to worry about that. Ah.
Speaker 2: Well, if that's the case, you should be a friend up on the New.
Speaker 1: York City House fives ready for it.
Speaker 2: I want to know about that.
Speaker 1: So, as we're talking about allegations I have, and because Dave's a journalist, he's gonna love this. I have a retraction.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm upset, and this is what my heart's been beating out of this. The Jacqueline text is what I'm nervous about. Okay, what's the retraction.
Speaker 1: Jacqueline Loreta text me because she heard the episode on my podcast where me and Dave from behind the Veba Rope, where he said that a reliable source told him that at the Real Housewives of New Jersey reunion that Jacqueline allegedly told Teresa that Joe Melissa contacted someone about Teresa allegedly, and this is what Jacqueline had to say. After listening to my episode and Jacqueline gave me permission to retract what was said because she wanted to clear the air. She said that I hated that my words are twisted. Okay, calling the IRS and the FEDS are two separate things. Everyone thinks it's one of the same. They are two different entities. Explain that the act of calling THES and reporting things to the IRS are separate things.
Speaker 2: We don't know when or how.
Speaker 1: The investigation actually started, but there were people that talked once it did.
Speaker 2: I don't know if redacted I got this with Dave.
Speaker 1: I don't know if redacted called the IRS, and if they did, when or at what point that was it could have been what started the investigation. I do know that when they filed bankruptcy and they tried to withdraw it, that did raise a red flag to the district attorney.
Speaker 3: Okay, see, this is what we needed. Jacquelyne just gave me so much context. I didn't know that the IRS and the FEDS were different. I didn't know that as far as you know, like what we've all been saying, I didn't know that. So but but that's why I wasn't making those claims on a podcast.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: So that's why she is saying in a nutshell, what Jacqueline's saying is there's a difference between the IRS and the fans in terms of what was allegedly said, and that she felt that her words were definitely twisted. Now, she also said that well, we you and I have been saying. She doesn't know when this person contacted the FEDS or the IRS, at what point in the investigation was the phone call made, and that's why she wanted to clear that up, because we all know that Jacqueline has Jacqueline knows a lot, and without giving too much away from the upcoming Jersey reunion, I'm curious if all of this will be revealed. So we got the timing of Jacqueline Teresa having lunch for five hours. We got the timing of Caroline manz though rebuilding. She knows who did call the fans. Where there's smoke, there's fire, And that's all I'm going to say.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on all of this, Dave?
Speaker 3: Well, I love it all because again, it just shows how much history there is in the group. And that's what I say. I love the history of these housewives. It's why I wouldn't want Jersey to be rebooted. I want to see these women. I want to see Caroline come back one day. I want to see Jacqueline come back one day. I think there's still a lot of things to explore, the dina of it all. Were still so many questions, right, I'm very interested in it. I do know and see. It also goes back to I'm sorry that you had to retract something, But it goes back to trusting your sources, which I will once again no, I know, I once again say very important in life that you trust your sources, and some sources are more reliable and in the know than others. And I will say that I don't know because I haven't heard whether the IRS conversation comes up at the reunion, but I do know that Jacqueline does come up at the reunion, and that some text messages are read out loud that she may or may not have sent. And whether or not that makes it into the episode or not, I don't know. I haven't seen it, but I have heard from some pretty reliable sources that some text messages were read and that you can.
Speaker 2: Trust from a trusted source. So one last question before I'll let you go.
Speaker 1: Dave Quinn, Andy Cohen just revealed on Two Teeth and a Pod podcast Teddy Mellichamp and Tama Judge podcast.
Speaker 3: Love Them, Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Them.
Speaker 1: He well Teddy, who's also a journalist. She asked, Honey, Teddy asks all the tough questions. Care to go back off two teas at the pod because Teddy goes there. Teddy asked him about Jersey being on Paul's and can the show survive without Melissa or Teresa. Andy said, that's what they're trying to figure out right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to share you my opinion. You don't have to share yours if you don't want to.
Speaker 3: I'm not afraid.
Speaker 2: I know that's right. Okay.
Speaker 1: If you had to choose between Teresa and Melissa, only one of them can go back next season, who should it be?
Speaker 3: I would bring back Melissa and give Teresa and Louie and their lended family a beautiful spinoff series that I can explore Teresa's happiness without being surrounded by all this negativity.
Speaker 2: You are the best in the fucking bit.
Speaker 3: That's what I would do. That's what I would do.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh, I didn't think about that continue.
Speaker 3: Please well listen, it is not. I'm sure Theresa will tell you right now that she's likely feeling the heat from that last finale, that last episode rather and all the negativity surrounding Louie's behavior and the claims of hiring a private investigator. That now bo Didle has walked back and Louis has walked back, and there seems to be a lot of chaos. She was once again in this position where she's being blamed for things that she claims she didn't do, right back to Strippergate, like she says, right back to the history here, over and over again. I don't think it's great for her. I don't think that's a fun experience for her. And while I want Teresa's happiness and her to be successful, she can find that elsewhere. She's a valuable commodity. She doesn't need to put herself in scenarios where she is fighting with family or fighting with people that are trying to bring her down. So I encourage her to believe in her value and to put herself in a position that makes her happier. A Manzold with Children or Don't Be Tardy style show could be very successful for Teresa and those girls who are clearly interested in the spotlight and want to be a part of you know, television and are open for it. I want to see them dating. I want to see them growing. I want to see her happy life and you know, her relationship with her new sisters in law. There's a lot to explore. I don't necessarily need her back in the hot seat trying to pretend to be friends with Margaret when she's never going to be, or Melissa when she's never going to be, or Joe when she's never going to be, or Jackie Goldscheider when she's never going to be, or you know, or Rachel Fuda when she's never going to.
Speaker 2: You're like, You're like Carolald's pretty muchn't well.
Speaker 3: There's just there's such division, and it's very clear. It's like, you know, it's that division is just those couches. I don't like housewife shows when I can tell you exactly what the reunion couches are going to be. It's much more interesting when like everyone's a little bit in the mix and I don't really know, you know, where somebody can disagree with you about one thing and agree with you about the other that's what I want to see.
Speaker 1: So yes, and it goes back to like old school housewives, you know, where it was sort of like everybody was in the hot seat and you just kind of dealt with it in and was able to play.
Speaker 2: So very interesting, very interesting.
Speaker 1: I do think Teresa is the only housewife right now that can sustain a spin off of her family and husband and children and seeing what that life is like. So I do agree with you in terms of that. What is making me having pauls is I just don't know if Jersey can continue without Teresa, like I always felt that Ronie cannot continue without Ramona. So that's where my mind is. Although with that, with that being said, everybody is replaceable. That's my that's my cardinal rule on all my shows. So that's why there is something about this, and I think this is a happy medium. Yes, I think you. I think you put Melissa and Joe and Paul's Oh okay, you you set up next season to be teresa send off season for her spin off. Because the thing is this, you have to see whether or not the show can survive without a Teresa presence, and I think the only way you can see that is really seeing less of Teresa next season because she's getting ready for her spin off.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like.
Speaker 1: How Kim Zosey got Got Don't Be Tardy season five. Kim Zosiak was in the first five episodes, and then we introduced Kenya and Portia. You still had Nini and Phaede. You're on Candy and Cynthia. So when Kim left, which was interesting, the ratings increased because you still had people who was able to carry the load.
Speaker 2: So that's what's going to have to happen to me.
Speaker 3: Well, I understand what you mean. I don't know if she needs a full season to do that. It could be five episodes or three epos I mean her wedding special actually also could be the episode if you think about it, to sunset her into our happy ending next chapter. I know what you mean about it. I don't think that. I do think that you're underestimating the importance of Joe Gorga. And I say Joe specifically with no disrespect to Melissa. I do think Melissa's a great housewife and very loved and very respected by the audience. But Joe is the glue that holds those guys together, and absolutely those guys will fall apart without Joe, and those guys there's magic in them. They're not getting paid to be together, and yet they still do. They contribute. They show us a lot of really great stuff. I'm very charmed by their brotherhood in a way and their scenes together, and I think it's necessary, a necessary ingredient that makes Jersey special, and that's what I don't want to lose. So I worry that without Joe that won't exist. I don't see no disrespect to him, you know. I don't see Rachel Fuda's husband or Danielle Cabral's husband being the same sort of energy or the glue to bring that team together. But I do think those women are very good and one other new housewife next season. You really have a perfect launching pad to see sort of what it could be.
Speaker 2: And gentlemen, there you have it. So let us know.
Speaker 1: Go on Twitter hashtag Reality with the King and let us know if you have to choose between Melissa or Teresa to stay, who do you want to stay and who do you want to go?
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: New episodes drop every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me Carlos King, Kingdom Reign Entertainment, Baby,