Speaker 1: It's gonna be interesting to see how many fans this guy has. From our brand new Second Date update today, definitely let us know what you think of the comments. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning because we love reading those comments. And before we get to our brand new episode, what do you got Alexis?
Speaker 2: This was from last week on the Brook breaks you up. But it's still a funny comment. So if you missed it, Brooke helped break a couple up here well unsuccessfully, but so listen. But if you did, then you'll know. Mareki said this inspired me to break it off with someone I was dating, and I did.
Speaker 3: So, thank you.
Speaker 2: Longest twenty six minutes of my life, and I wish Brooke did it for me next time.
Speaker 4: I guessquest.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel like twenty six minutes is pretty short. I had to break up conversations that went on for hours.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but by the end you're like, oh my god, just leave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now I see why people just do this you text.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Hey, thanks for letting us in on your personal life. We love that.
Speaker 5: Now they are maybe.
Speaker 3: We'll hear you for a Second Date update. Go full circle. All right, your brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 6: We've heard from a lot of people on this show who've moved cities and started over that it's not easy.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, what a challenging thing to do, but so rewarding. Yeah, so awesome, good for you, but a lot of stress.
Speaker 6: You gotta get a whole new driver's license, memorize a whole new address.
Speaker 3: That's what you're worried about. Not like making new friends and having a community.
Speaker 6: No, that's easy, but changing your favorite inflatable store location on your app. I mean, where are you going to find your inflatables now? And will they be as sturdy as the previous ones?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Blow us is that it don't get here? Brook, Now you're out. He knows where you're.
Speaker 3: Going to blow up and you didn't realize you're going to.
Speaker 6: Spend time with lots of headaches and roadblocks when you move. No one knows that better than our listener, Eric, who has requested our help today.
Speaker 4: Eric, Welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 6: We appreciate you listening to us in both cities, your old want and your new one.
Speaker 7: Good Thanks for having me guy.
Speaker 6: What was the reason behind the mover. Is it a work thing, a criminal pass that you're trying to outrun?
Speaker 4: What are we working with?
Speaker 1: X an EXX is always a good reason to move cities.
Speaker 7: I mean I did recently change jobs, and okay, I work in an office with a lot more people that are my age now, and I think it's older people, but it's nice people that are my age now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I wish we could have that here, but Brooke just keeps on coming back. I don't know how it happened.
Speaker 3: I know we're all like, geez, I am not that much older than you. You were also getting older, Jeffrey. It's how it works.
Speaker 4: No, I enjoy having your presence. It's like a nice, warm visdom sort of thing.
Speaker 1: So were you nervous moving to the new place or did you know anyone there?
Speaker 7: I didn't know anyone at the time. I mean I'm pretty friendly. I can get to know people. I mean, there's actually this one girl, Anna and Uh we've been friendly at the office and we actually just have like a naturally good vibe together.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's a little bit dangerous.
Speaker 3: Terror tour dude, Right when you come in somewhere, were you thinking, like romantically immediately with this woman.
Speaker 7: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: I just like her vibe.
Speaker 7: And it was her birthday the other day, actually, so I wanted to do something special for her, so I got a birthday cake. But I also got this coffee mug with a dog on it because she said that she really loves dogs.
Speaker 3: I'm confused, is this. Did you go on a date with her?
Speaker 4: Did you hang out outside of the office.
Speaker 7: Well, she really liked the mug that I got her. She came to my desk and thanked me, and I was like, you know, we should grab dinner sometime for work, and she was like, all right, yeah, it sounds great. And so after work we had it over to this restaurant. It wasn't anything too fancy, just like a diner, and I got to know her some more and I realized that I really enjoyed her energy, and wow, we kind of had a funny little moment. We ordered corn dogs and we interlocked our arms like when you would drink champagne to eat them. So it was kind of funat Yeah, you know, like when.
Speaker 1: You do a big fancy toast with your new bride or whatever, new interlock art.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but with corn dogs, it's a little bit of a different You mean it's classier. Yeah, I feel like you must have been getting a lot of looks from other people in the restaurant seeing the corn dog interlock thing.
Speaker 7: I thought we were just having fun and we were just in our own world. And at the end of the night, I walked her back to her car and I asked she wanted to go on a hike sometime, and she seemed really into that. And now she's just being super cold to me at the office and I'm not really sure why.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, at any point was it established that I mean, it sounds like you were feeling romantic vibes from her, But did you ever clearly state I think this.
Speaker 3: Is a date and like you know, she's single.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you talk about anything romantic, and I never we never brought anything up where I thought we were having fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But Brooke, it still doesn't change the fact that she's acting cold towards him now at the office, because it seemed like for the most part they were getting along.
Speaker 1: You don't think that that's just because she got freaked out. He thought it was a friend situation. And then there was a moment maybe it was with the corn dogs where she's like, oh, whoa, this guy thinks that.
Speaker 3: We need to be dating far down the corn dogs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, his idea was the corn dog arm interlocked.
Speaker 4: He brought that up.
Speaker 7: It kind of just happened.
Speaker 4: I don't how does that just happen? I love it just seems so unnatural.
Speaker 7: Well, for the record, we toasted the corn dogs and then.
Speaker 6: Oh no, you touched corn dogs that could be unsand because they.
Speaker 4: Touched hims and then they interlocked. I love this. I want to do this with somebody.
Speaker 1: So is there any awkward moments that stand out to where you're like, whoa, Maybe we're not on the same page.
Speaker 7: Not in my mind, I thought we were having fun. I thought we had a good time.
Speaker 6: It was a natural, genuine I will say I did buy coffee mugs for some of my friends here at the office, and I have been reamed endlessly about how horrible the logshog.
Speaker 2: Started a fire in my home.
Speaker 4: I can't wash it.
Speaker 6: But the thought behind it that was pretty nice. And yet you are all obsessed with oh and I'm.
Speaker 4: Infernal.
Speaker 1: You stood at an ABC wall of mugs and then picked on our first initiative, the first that.
Speaker 6: I remembered what your names start with? Should say wonders about how much I care about each.
Speaker 2: And every morning in the anthropology to buy those that.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, wait, I want to know is there any office gossip that you've heard of, because somebody's got to be talking like, oh, did you hear the new guy went out to dinner?
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm not a gossip myself. I try to focus on my work and I'm still friendly with people. But I haven't heard any nastiness. No one's tried to like pull a prank on mere or anything. And maybe should I be looking over my shoulder. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just she doesn't know anybody yet to hear the tea, That's what I realized.
Speaker 6: I mean, in the few minutes that we've spoken to, you seem like a really nice, pleasant guy. But who knows, we could be totally wrong and you might be a total nightmare. So let's find out you might be the worst person we've ever spoken to.
Speaker 3: So wait, we're going to call someone that's in his office with him.
Speaker 4: I mean, is that what you want here?
Speaker 7: I would like to find some answers why she's being cold to man now? Because I was nothing but a gentleman, I thought so extension.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll figure it out when reach out to Anna, hopefully find out if you're the best or the worst guy to work with when we come back and do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we will help you.
Speaker 4: We'll try hold on.
Speaker 5: Broke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 6: We've had definitely like tense second date calls before where things get surly between people, but this could be a first where we're calling a woman who went out with a guy from the same office. Our listener, a guy named Eric, and our producer has asked Eric if he would stand up above his cubicle and look across the office down into the cubicle as we make this phone, just to make it even more juicy and traumatic, and Eric has selfishly.
Speaker 4: Refused to do. Not much of a team playing are there.
Speaker 7: It would be a little weird and I might get fired or something like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I thought you'd want to alienate everyone in your office space before you know you really got to know them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that not how it works?
Speaker 6: I mean it works for us on our show. I don't know if it would work for him in his career. But just to recap real quick, Eric just moved to a brand new city. He was liking the vibe he was getting from his coworker Anna while they were working together.
Speaker 3: There's even presence exchange. Yes, well not exchange. He gave one way.
Speaker 6: For her birthday, so he took her out to dinner. They toasted corn dogs, interlocked arms while eating them.
Speaker 4: And now all of a sudden, it's weird. Not sure how that's possible. What you mean is they were having fun, Like he thought.
Speaker 6: It was a genuine thing. We've worked together for over ten years. Has any of it been fun?
Speaker 4: No? No, that's why this is so strange.
Speaker 3: We actually have a lot of fun when you were in the other room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I'm doing all the work. Yes, you guys. Let's continue to do.
Speaker 6: Our work and call Anna here. Hopefully she picks up the phone and we can get some answers.
Speaker 4: This is your fun. Huh yeah, this is the only fun. Is all I get? All right, I'm gonna die. Anna, maybe she could be my friend. Here we go. Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with.
Speaker 8: Anna mass who's calling.
Speaker 4: Yes, you may you're so polite.
Speaker 3: It's a business call.
Speaker 4: Jeff, Oh, yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 6: We're a morning radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's keep a.
Speaker 6: Casual over here and do a segment, you know, not the business stuff.
Speaker 4: Sorry, so weird.
Speaker 3: This is why we don't let him out of his room.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm just saying, sorry to interrupt your day, but we're doing something. It's called a second Date update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out to dinner with recently, a guy named Eric that you work with.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, thanks, I wish I hadn't gone out with that guy.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, okay, so there's a regret there.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's a.
Speaker 6: Little bit unexpected, honestly, because we talked to Eric and from what we heard about your hangout, it sounded like it was a really fun time.
Speaker 8: I mean it's kind of awkward. Yeah, but yeah, this guy Eric, he puts out this like really nice guy energy. But he's involved with a lot of other people that I didn't know about.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, wait, what do you mean Like you're saying he has other girlfriends?
Speaker 8: Well, I know he has one girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Oh oh wait just one?
Speaker 3: Wait? How you know that? Like I thought he was brand new to the city. How could he already.
Speaker 8: Well, for one, like one of the girls in my office, he flirts with her all the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, are you sure he's not just being friendly?
Speaker 8: No, he asked her out too. Oh, he asked her out. Yeah, and luckily she didn't go out with him. But we looked into this guy. We did some research on him, and we found out that he has an actual girlfriend that's not someone in our office.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: Really, so he's asking out multiple women in your office while being in a relationship like a.
Speaker 3: Distance relationship, mayby or something distance.
Speaker 8: No, I mean, I don't know if it's long distance or what it is.
Speaker 3: Well kind of, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It's just so weird always to have like a cheater like that call in to a very public radio station and okay, risked outing himself, like what.
Speaker 4: A alleged cheater? Well, that's what I don't know.
Speaker 6: Like, what.
Speaker 1: What did you see? Did you see something online? He said, I have a girlfriend.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I found his Instagram and trust me, it just shows everything.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, people can say anything on Instagram. It doesn't mean it's true. It could put about themselves on their own.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it might just be like you know, for cloud for looks, it might not be real.
Speaker 3: He doesn't get Yeah, but I should say this.
Speaker 1: A better argument would be it could be old photos from an x right, like maybe he hasn't taken that stuff down.
Speaker 8: The last one that he posted was like three or four days ago together.
Speaker 3: Isn't that like the same timeframe of when you to dinner?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I went out with him like five days ago.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, this is going to be awkward for not the reasons I thought.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so clearly you're not into guys who already have girlfriends, which goods.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, good, good for her.
Speaker 6: But we didn't know about a girlfriend or anything like that when we talked to Eric. And you should probably talk to him too, because he's on the other line right now waiting to.
Speaker 4: Speak to you. He's probably actually across the office too. But it'd be more fun if we could hear the phone conversation.
Speaker 7: I'm confused because I don't understand what the issue is here.
Speaker 8: I you don't see the issue Eric, you already have a girlfriend.
Speaker 7: I never said that I didn't have a girl.
Speaker 8: Oh you took me on a date.
Speaker 7: No, it was not a date. It was dinner so that you would actual become better friends.
Speaker 4: Now you're backtracking way, It was totally a date.
Speaker 3: This is a second date updates.
Speaker 7: You call it that. I didn't call it a date. It was a dinner.
Speaker 3: So what were you wanting to do? Just be friends with her?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: This whole thing is a big misunderstanding. Is that what you're trying to claim.
Speaker 7: Look, here's what happened. My girlfriend and I were talking about how my new job, I don't know anyone, and so she suggested. My girlfriend suggests that you try and make more friends, and she's supportive of that. So then I go to work after our hangout and You've been treating me so cold. I've been just doing what my girlfriend gold to do, is to make friends.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, I mean, Eric, I'm treating you cold because you're also hitting on another coworker and flirting with everybody, And.
Speaker 7: That's a little suspicious flirting with anybody. I'm being nice, not hitting on anybody. I'm just being friendly and playful.
Speaker 1: Well, you're only being friendly to the attractive single women in the office.
Speaker 7: Those are the people I vibe the best with, Truman.
Speaker 4: They are friendly and fun.
Speaker 6: So you say that your girlfriend is supportive of you meeting new people and making new friendships at work. Does she know the full extent that you're like asking these women out to dinner with you?
Speaker 7: She knows that I'm going out with people from work. She doesn't need to know specifically how they look, or they're attractedness level, or what we with our foods.
Speaker 3: Does she go, you're writing into radio stations for dating, said you have a girlfriend at all?
Speaker 4: He says he's not.
Speaker 6: He's not.
Speaker 4: After that, I guess.
Speaker 8: I think that Eric is just trying to completely spin this because he was definitely into me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sorry. I think you're flattering yourself a little bit.
Speaker 4: So now you can play though I have a.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she wasn't even my type anyway.
Speaker 6: Well that should be reassuring Anna. He's not attracted you. Even if you wanted him, you couldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, this is a new work environment for you. What are you doing?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm sorry you got the wrong impression. That's what I will.
Speaker 4: I will say.
Speaker 6: Brook tries to buy me dinner all the time, and it is a huge turn off to me.
Speaker 4: She's always like, Jeff, can I get you lunch? Jeff, can I buy you meals erect.
Speaker 5: She says, I'm attracted to you, Jeff, I know the only turnoff.
Speaker 3: The only turnoff is when I asked you to pay me back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so you want this to be a date, then you want to go Everybody saying brook your husband listens to this?
Speaker 8: Will you?
Speaker 7: Guys sound just as dysfunctional as this situation has been. You're really making it worse. And I want you to know that I do still like you as a friend and if you are interested, I would hang out with you again in a non romantic way.
Speaker 8: So this whole time, all you wanted to do was to be friends with me.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean it's something around the corner. Maybe we can go bikini shopping sometime, right my tree joke?
Speaker 4: Are you joking?
Speaker 3: But for his bikini?
Speaker 4: Well that's better.
Speaker 7: I'm being serious. That's what friends do. They go shopping together, they have laughed, they give each other their opinions on their bikinis on.
Speaker 6: I was skeptical at first, but I'm fully come around on Eric and his desire deep passionate friendship with you, Anna, And if you agree to see him one more time, we would pay for your hangouts, your non romantic bikini hangouts.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to understand why Eric had to move cities.
Speaker 6: You don't know that, Anna, What do you think about giving Eric one more shot?
Speaker 8: I think I'm going to pass on Eric at the office.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I just say, try not to get yourself reported over there.
Speaker 7: Eric, exactly, that's the last time I make friends in the office.
Speaker 4: Is going to be so disappointed.
Speaker 5: Reok and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: I had no idea that the number one friendship test to gauge how close you are as friends involved trying on bikinis and raiding each other's looks in a totally platonic, non sexual way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so reassured.
Speaker 3: That's normal.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to try on bikinis with my girlfriends.
Speaker 6: You must not like him very much, do no, Brook, That's just what normal male and female friends do.
Speaker 4: Do you have any friends, then you haven't done this.
Speaker 3: I can't stand that guy.
Speaker 4: I know for trying to find friendship at work.
Speaker 3: Boom, screw you. He was not trying to find friendship on the floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm sorry, but his girlfriend would not be okay with him bikini shopping with other sing Come on.
Speaker 4: You don't know. Relationships look different to everybody.
Speaker 3: You keep defending them.
Speaker 6: I think for our annual show camping trip, we need to scrap that. Do an annual show shopping trip to the Pacific Sun. Get all matching swimwear.
Speaker 3: I'm somehow that's still better than camping.
Speaker 6: Yes, right, we're all going bikini shopping this summer day because we're friends. But honestly, America is being serious and he's looking for friendship.
Speaker 4: He probably should change his approach drastically. Dude, Wait to set the tone in a new city too, plays environment for him.
Speaker 3: When that gets out, Dude, serious, I think it's out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's going to be moving cities again. Very short. Yeah money, good news, I'm moving back.
Speaker 6: But we're in cities all over the country. So no matter where you need help in your dating life, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back.