Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's kiss you. I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody listen before we get sorted, I want to tell you I'm gonna be at Indie Popcorn in Indianapolis, Indiana, August twenty five through twenty seven. To come on down, Let's have some Gilmour fun. Love seeing you guys, and uh, we're gonna have a good time. Okay. Pop Culture Season five, episode nineteen. But I'm at Gilmour. Here's Danielle Tara Amy joining me, one of Loven productions iHeartRadio. We're gonna get into this real fast. Rory is explaining to Laura Lai that she does not remember her trying to pick her up from the bathroom floor last night, but she remembers the vomiting Paris. Stop saying that word vomiting unless she wanted mister Krusode situation on your hands here. Sir Krasodi is a fictionary character who appeared in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. He is an obese and rude restaurant patron who has served a vast amount of food and alcohol whilst vomiting repeated Oh Lord, wow, m hmm well hm h.
Speaker 3: Laurai says Rory should have known the punch was strong because of what Lurlai did last year? Did you learn nothing from Mommy's Coyote Ugly Bar dance at last year's Salute to the Quakers Festival?
Speaker 2: So, Coyote Ugly is a two.
Speaker 3: Thousand American musical comedy drama that I love so much, based on the Coyote Ugly Saloon. The Coyote Ugly Saloon is an American drinking establishment known for its bartenders dancing on the bar. Laura I is referencing dancing like a bartender from the movie Coyote Ugly because she got drunk off of Miss Patty's punch. Has anyone rewatched this movie lately? It's amazing, not really, Oh my god. First of all, it's a Jerry Bruckheimer movie. Hyper Parabo did a lot of the singing, and then remember Lee and right, you guys, the songs are so good in that cutie that she dates.
Speaker 2: I love Coyote Ugly.
Speaker 3: I thought the real story of Coyote Ugly is something terrible, though, Like it's kind of like.
Speaker 2: A they telling the movie. Just watch the movie. Yeah, it is it's kind of.
Speaker 1: Rat it's not something you want to repeat.
Speaker 2: No, it's rough. Yeah, so if you want to know.
Speaker 1: It is. And then there's double Coyote.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't want to know what that is. But if you want to know, watch.
Speaker 1: The movie Chewing the Other Arms.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, oh lord.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yikes, but the movie's amazing.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, Danielle, all right.
Speaker 4: Suki is giving Lorelay a list of cooking instructions over the phone while she is on bed rest, and Laurai says, oh, baby, you lost me at Carrots, which, by the way, was the first draft of You Had Me at Hello. You had Me at Hello's an iconic line from the movie Jerry McGuire. Jerry McGuire played by Tom Cruise, is trying to win back Dorothy Boyd played by Renez Eelger with the heartfelt speech. Dorothy interrupts his speech and tells him you had me at Hello.
Speaker 3: First of all, I don't know what's better that movie or Coyote. Ugly, I'm gonna give it to Jerry maguire. Everybody needs to rewatch it.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Tara, you're up.
Speaker 2: Wait, we can't talk about Jerry McGuire for like a day and a half.
Speaker 1: Sure, go ahead, go ahead. I don't know, really, it's fine.
Speaker 2: You had me at Hello, It's fine.
Speaker 1: That was show me the money was coming with me.
Speaker 2: He's coming with.
Speaker 3: Me, and she's like, I will go with you, Jerry, nobody else and I'm taking my fitch.
Speaker 1: And it is a gentleman. Amy Sugarman is now performing live at your local dinner theater.
Speaker 2: Back in the day at the brent.
Speaker 1: Stage version of Jerry McGuire.
Speaker 3: Back in the day at the Brentwood Bar, you could see Cuba Gooding Junior pretty much anytime you went there.
Speaker 2: He doesn't go there anymore because it is no longer there.
Speaker 3: Just telling me.
Speaker 1: The money. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Remember when he won the oscar though, And he's just like, oh god, I love that.
Speaker 1: I love how he just played it so cool. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's Wait, did you know the human headways eight pounds?
Speaker 2: Did you know birds and dogs can smell fear?
Speaker 3: I can keep going, Hi's best work.
Speaker 2: I do know that one go ahead anyway.
Speaker 5: Loreleon and Michelle are discussing who can take over while Suki is on bed rest until they can hire someone Michelle says absolutely, Ain't no mountain high enough? Ain't no Mountain high Enough is a popular song released in nineteen sixty seven by Marvin Gay and Tammy Te Tammy Terrelle. It has been covered multiple times by famous artists such as Diana Ross, The Temptations, Michael Bolton and.
Speaker 2: I Love Michael Bolton, I'll admit it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Who.
Speaker 2: Do I love more? Michael Bolton, Kenny Loggins or Richard Marx.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute? So of those? So of these three names The Temptations, Michael Bolton, Yeah, Michael, you you wax on?
Speaker 3: Michael going with Michael bol But let me ask you this tough, tough question. Who do you love the most? Everybody has to answer this? Michael Bolton, Richard Marx or Kenny Loggins?
Speaker 1: Oh, Kenny Loggins.
Speaker 3: I'm going Richard Marx, all right, yeah, yeah, And he did Wait a minute, he did the theme song to a top.
Speaker 2: Gun obviously danger Zone. Please, I know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can I still say Richard Marks of the three, I'm going Richard Mars.
Speaker 1: The name one Richard Mark song.
Speaker 3: Don't mean nothing right here waiting less summer Nights.
Speaker 2: I could go on and on.
Speaker 1: I think they're all good. But when you go to Diana, I promise you this. I'm sorry. I got to stop you when you got a Diana Ross and a Temptations.
Speaker 2: And I went with Bolton.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on. Logan introduces Rory to his sister as his girlfriend, Honor. I've never heard him call anyone his girlfriend before. Well, Elisa Milano, but he was ten and in a weird Who's the Boss phase? Who's the Boss is an American sitcom television series which aired on ABC from eighty four to ninety two. Wow that was a good run, good run, good eight nine year run. There. The series stars Tony Danza as Tony Mascelli, a former Major League baseball athlete like you who strives to racist Samantha misceli Alisa Milano outside the hectic nature of New York City and relocates her to Fairfield, Connecticut, where he works as a living house keeper for a beautiful, single advertising executive named Angela Bauer.
Speaker 2: Judith liked Guess what happens in the end?
Speaker 1: Mmmm?
Speaker 2: What happens they end up together? Wait before we move on?
Speaker 1: Tony Danz and List Milano, No God?
Speaker 3: Judith Light and Tony Danza so Angela.
Speaker 1: Dance and Allen DeGeneres, does Ellen Degenerous make a guest appearance?
Speaker 2: And who's in this ever?
Speaker 3: Tony Miscelli and Angela Bauer end up in the end. Let me give you a couple of fun facts. Number one, Tony Danza did a guest appearance on the Sex and the City spin off and.
Speaker 5: Just like that.
Speaker 3: But my favorite Tony Danza thing is from the Friends episode when Phoebe talks about the hold Me Close, young Toney Danza. Does that not come to your mind every time you hear Tony Danzel, you guys.
Speaker 1: Hold me close? From that song?
Speaker 3: So from the Phoebe gets the lyrics of tiny Dancer wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's funny, That's really funny. So is that in that that cat song? Did Lisa Kudro do an album of songs?
Speaker 2: She only had Smelly Cat?
Speaker 1: She had smelled? Does she release Smelly Cat as a single?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: But she should have.
Speaker 1: Was Smelly Cat like a top song? Top sound?
Speaker 6: Did it?
Speaker 1: Was it nominated for anything? Smell?
Speaker 2: Nobody should have been? Should have been?
Speaker 3: What are they feeding you?
Speaker 2: Paris?
Speaker 3: Is nanny is rubbing salve? I don't know how to say that word's sav.
Speaker 2: It's not Salve.
Speaker 3: The ell is silent, right, Sav all over Doyle's chest. Doyle says, oh God, do you remember when Hans Solo finds Luke Skywalker in the snowstorm and he cuts open their dead hide inside.
Speaker 2: That's what I smell like at this moment. First of all, Hilario's line.
Speaker 3: Doyle's referencing a scene from the movie Star Wars The Empire strikes Back. In the scene, Luke Skywalker played by Mark Hamill and Hans Solo Harrison Ford are stuck in a snowstorm.
Speaker 2: They used a lightsaber to cut open their.
Speaker 3: Recently deceased ton Ton, which is a species of semi sentient recto mammals. Their horse per se to keep warm and stay a lot. Doyle makes this comparison because Sav is known to smell like tar and sulfur.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Loreli is on the phone with Suki asking her where the Culinary Institute applications are for her temporary replacement, and Suki says, huh, they're around there somewhere.
Speaker 2: Check the freezer. Sometimes I like to.
Speaker 4: Read in there. Lorelei then goes, that's very lucy of you. I'll call when I find them now.
Speaker 2: Rest by.
Speaker 4: Lorlai is referring to the iconic character Lucy from the series I Love Lucy Pitt, played by Luci Oball. Lorlai makes this comparison because Lucy is quite quirky and hilarious.
Speaker 5: All right, So Luke is on the phone with Suki telling her to relax and stop interfering with the cooking. Luke says, and it will be here waiting for you when you get back. Until then, sit back, relax and watch Ellen dance around a little. I got work to do.
Speaker 2: Luke is referring to the.
Speaker 5: TV host Ellen DeGeneres on Ellen Degenero's Show, which aired from two thousand and three to twenty twenty two. Luke says this because Ellen often did funny dances and skits on her show.
Speaker 2: Oh my favorite line coming up? God, I think it's you.
Speaker 1: Is it me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Rory is telling Paris that she and Logan are going to try being boyfriend and girlfriend. Paris, I don't believe it. You did it, you landed the whale. You're a net Benny, Rory. I'm not a net Benning. It was just a matter of getting him to focus on the situation. Anette Benning is a famous actress married to Warren Beatty. Beatty is known to be a womanizer who claimed he would never get married ever. Paris makes this comparison because Logan is a non committal dude.
Speaker 3: Rory calls and says, Logan's family hates her. That's impossible. That's like hating Thumper. No one hates Thumper, which is actually such a good line. Thumber is a fictional rabbit character from Disney's animated film Bambie. He is known a name for his habit of thumbing his leftid foot, and he's the cutest thing ever.
Speaker 4: Just like Rory, I liked that one. I thought that was funny. Paris is telling Rory about the relationship talk that she had with Doyle, and Paris says he got dumped two years ago. Apparently it was a vicious Julia Roberts Keifer Sutherland kind of dump. She broke his heart, swept with his best friend, and took the dog. Dang. Julia Roberts a Keiefer Sutherland met in nineteen eighty nine when they co starred in the nineteen nineties Flatliners. In nineteen ninety, Keefer and Julia announced that they were engaged and were set to tie the knots, and Julia called off the engagement a few days before, and on the day she was supposed to marry Keefer, Julia was spotted flying to Ireland with Jason Patrick, Keefer's close friend and co star in nineteen in the nineteen eighty sevens movie The Lost Boys.
Speaker 3: I don't I First of all, I love you, but I don't know what's funnier whether or not you missed your opportunity with Julia Roberts or if Brad Pitt should play you in the Gilmour Girls movie.
Speaker 1: I had an elevator encounter with Michelle Favor too.
Speaker 2: Oh shoot, she missed her chance too.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's a funny story. That's a funny story. That's actually a really funny story.
Speaker 3: I love I love her so much, Michelle. I love Julia too. I love them all.
Speaker 2: Oh Keeper Sutherland too.
Speaker 3: Twenty four Tiefer epic shower.
Speaker 2: Oh my God.
Speaker 3: Out out to the person that told me they just rewatched Ally McBeal for the first time in fifteen years and they totally inspired me.
Speaker 2: I'm going to start it again like this.
Speaker 3: Paris is reintroducing herself to mister Huntsberger I remember the handshake reminded me of Jimmy Breslin's. Jimmy Breslin was an American journalist and author. He wrote a column for the New York Daily News. Mitcham says this because similar to jim Mitcham says this because sim Marley similar.
Speaker 2: Similarly, similarly, Jimmy, keep that in.
Speaker 3: It's fine, I don't know, similarly to Jimmy Breslin, Paris is a determined hard worker.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: That was a great line.
Speaker 2: Too, Give me the crack staff.
Speaker 5: What do you got?
Speaker 1: That was a great line, all right. When Royer Logan walking through the courtyard, they passed a group of picketers whose on strike signs have the acronym GEESO on them. GSO stands for Graduate Employees and Students Organization. They were an actual organization at Yale at the time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: They staged to strike in two thousand and five, just a week before this episode aired, over teaching assistants working conditions and their right to unionize. Isn't that a fun fact?
Speaker 3: And I have a vague memory of noticing them, but like barely if I did.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, did you guys notice Daniel?
Speaker 1: You know, the producers are making it real. Yeah they are, and I like it making it real. All right, that's going to do what everybody? Pop culture.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy the Crackstaff's back, but like I am, too one one item.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry to dog them, but come.
Speaker 1: On, but no, no no, don't no no no, don't go there with Crackstaff. They hit back, man, they hit back. Oh, they hit back.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. We're happy they're back.
Speaker 1: No, we're thrilled their back. And you know what, we got a we got a nice well it's it's going to air and that our priority did.
Speaker 2: Right last week. We brought them back last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we brought them back. So anyway, all right, all the best everybody, Thanks the downloads, love you, keep the cards and letters coming. We do watch them. We to watch them. We do read them while we crap. We're actually like.
Speaker 3: I was going potty, That's all I'll say. But we do read them. We read the good ones and the terrible mean ones.
Speaker 1: No, we read them all, honey ones. They really help us. We love them. We're not in therapy yet them anyway.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So, and and big shout out to that family from Canada that I saw that that flagged me down in the restaurant last night. You were fun, thanks for Yeah, they were really they were really really fun. They were just like it was great. Anyway, all the best, Remember we I am all in.
Speaker 6: Stay safety everybody, and don't forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.