Speaker 1: This media podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Art and today we're joined by Randall, Brody, Corey, Hansei, Tresa and Logan. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from Meat Eater's four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners. Choosing and for the stat of the week. This week we're looking at perfect games. On average, six point four percent of episodes end in a perfect game, but with only one perfect game so far this year, it's been four percent of episodes in twenty twenty five. If only Randall would have gotten that perfect game last week.
Speaker 3: I was about to ask you why we're talking about perfect games this week. Last week it seems as though you've used this bit to needle me in advance of our petition.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I think Randal in twenty twenty four, when he was still hungry for a media or trivia championship, he wouldn't have made that mistake.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: I had made the same mistake on question ten of a near perfect game last year as well.
Speaker 2: Chief question to see that.
Speaker 1: Oh it was bad too. I just misread the question.
Speaker 4: Does your face get really red like it usually does? No, I just laughed you so bad, you're growing as a person.
Speaker 1: Then he was.
Speaker 2: He was digging through his Instagram dms to find out who he was going to do it with the game while he sat there with the wrong answer on his wife. It was like two minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just misread the question. I read elk as moose, and so.
Speaker 1: I answered, we're not in Sweden. Yeah, actually I didn't think about that. Spin. Wow, I'm cosmic, paulsan.
Speaker 2: So now now we have less perfect games, less money for conservation.
Speaker 1: Oh get there, don't worry.
Speaker 2: Here's our Infrequently Asked Questions segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the mediater dot com with the subject line I FAQ. Pat von Koy says, how do you decide in which order to place the questions? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Not complaining, just a man of structure. I'm genuinely curious. There is some structure. I spread out the questions by topics, so I never want like two hunting questions in the first five or two fishing questions in the last five. I try to spread out regional diversity, so I don't want a question about Alabama followed by a question about Georgia. And I don't want a question about Western big game followed by another question about Western big game, so I spread it out that way. I try to balance difficulty between the first five and last five questions. So if the Shelby index is like a four, I'll try to put two she got right in the front half and two in the back half. That way it's not lopsided. And then I try to put a challenging question at question nine or ten that might be the difference maker for a tight game between Randall and Brody. I don't want to always make it question ten, though.
Speaker 4: Sir, you could have just said you'd like to mix it up.
Speaker 2: I like to mix it up. I want pat that there's a lot of thought that goes into the ordering of it, and question ten is always fishing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's one last you forgot question ten fishing.
Speaker 4: He proved that wrong many fishing.
Speaker 1: I thought it was passing fast.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: We have fishing at question nine, though it does the same damage to Randall.
Speaker 3: Either way, I'm gonna make a little note for myself quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for somewhere as a fishing guy.
Speaker 2: It's pretty weak in the fishing captains. Yeah, captain and a fishing guide. We have some housekeeping today about more potential Jeopardy thievery. On the episode of Meat Eater Trivia that dropped on May twenty, first, we had a question where the answer was Diorama. Then on the May twenty seventh episode of Jeopardy Masters, they had a question where the answer was also Diorama. So just six days apart. Now, I couldn't find the Jeopardy Master's film schedule for twenty twenty five, but I could for twenty twenty four. Last year, they filmed episode of Jeopardy Masters roughly two weeks before airing, so assuming they kept a similar cadence this year, then it's just a coincidence that both had Diorama for an answer. But the real takeaway here is that our show is as good as their show, and then maybe Jeopardy needs to think about hiring me. When Ken Jennings moves on. He's only fifty one. It's going to be a little while before you.
Speaker 4: Could have Phil come up with a new Jeopardy tune jingle.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't think you mess with that, then you lose your views through Phil in there. But I'll take Phil with me. Phil I Jeopardy calls. I'll take you with me to Jeopardy.
Speaker 1: I'd love to do that.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, we'll still be here.
Speaker 2: Three persons. We've got three people Jeopardy. Then that you could you could come higher. Index for today is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything?
Speaker 5: How's that?
Speaker 1: Just tend to win everything?
Speaker 2: Demon Suckers Question one. The topic is conservation. This first great question is via Peter Doggham. As always, it will be multiple choice. What percentage of Canada is Crownland? Is it fourteen percent, thirty nine percent, sixty four percent or eighty nine percent? Crownland is Canada's version of public lands. What percentage of Canada is public land? Is it fourteen percent, thirty nine percent, sixty four percent or eighty nine percent. Not a real confident room. Brody was first to answer, what percentage of Canada is crown land? And fourteen percent, thirty nine percent, sixty four percent, eighty nine percent. Brody, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 4: I mean I used a like, I use some thought. Oh come, I didn't just guess.
Speaker 2: Fourteen percent, thirty nine percent, sixty four percent of burning.
Speaker 3: What were the numbers that went into your thought?
Speaker 1: Do you have what numbers?
Speaker 4: It was like places gut, Yeah, like you think about the layout of Canada.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready? Jeez, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Hansei saying thirty nine, Tresa says fourteen, Randall says fourteen, Corey sixty four, Logan thirty nine, Brody sixty four. The correct answer is eighty nine percent. Nobody got that one right.
Speaker 4: I figured it was a lot.
Speaker 2: In fact, I think we had multiple people go on the other end of the spectrum and say fourteen percent, forty eight percent of Canada is provincial crown land and forty one percent is federal crownland. That means just eleven percent of the country is privately owned. In the United States, about forty percent of the country's public land.
Speaker 4: I mean you think like Yukon Northwest territories, like just purely public land stuff.
Speaker 2: No, In fact, I think it's like, what's the stats, like eighty percent of their population lives south of I don't know, a Maine or something like forty ninth parallel. Yeah, eighty nine percent of Canada is public land. Question too, The topic is hunting. It's a tough start for our six players. This Big Game Magazine was founded in nineteen eighty seven and calls itself quote a three generation media based hunting company. This Big Game Magazine was founded in nineteen eighty seven and calls itself a three generation media based hunting company. Randal already has his answer Brody as well, Randall, do you have this one right here?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 2: How about you, Brody? I think so a three generation media based hunting company.
Speaker 4: I'm about as confident as the percentage of public land in Canada.
Speaker 2: Founded in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Boy, that was that was a heck of a first question, Spencer.
Speaker 2: Tough start, Yeah, eighty nine percent. This Big Game Magazine was founded in nineteen eighty seven and calls itself a three generation media based hunting company. Our other four players look stumped.
Speaker 1: Do we need the.
Speaker 2: Is this a magazine, if you're right, Randall, that you've ever been subscribed to?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, oh yeah ah.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna leave it.
Speaker 2: Brody, if you think you have the right answer, Is this a magazine that you've been subscribed to?
Speaker 4: Never subscribe to it?
Speaker 2: Okay, but you're aware of it. This big gay magazine was founded in nineteen eighty seven and calls itself quote a three generation media based hunting company. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 6: One second, you're right down the wrong answer.
Speaker 4: I was back in the heyday of magazine.
Speaker 2: Man, it was nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 1: Just a little baby.
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: How little of a baby?
Speaker 3: Well, it depends when it was found in nineteen as little as I guess, three months, uh huh, potentially fourteen months.
Speaker 1: One second, okay, is that math work?
Speaker 2: Noo? Corey going back to his whiteboard a second time. Go ahead and revene your answers. We have Hansy saying, Peterson's Tressa says the outdoor channel, Randall says Eastman's Cordy says it sports a field, logan field and stream. Brody Eastman's yeah, the correct answer is Eastman's Brody and Randall got that Wonder night.
Speaker 4: If you were gonna make a because isn't it like Eastman's Hunting something, Well.
Speaker 2: It's Easton's Hunting Journal. And then I think like a decadator is when they found hunting. Gordon Eastman started filming Hunting in the nineteen fifties, which inspired his son Mike to create the magazine in nineteen eighty seven. It wasn't long before his son's Guy and Ike got involved with the brand. Eastman still publishes twelve magazines.
Speaker 3: A year based in Powell, Wyoming.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: They're kind of a dinosaurs used to shoot the giant mule.
Speaker 2: You don't know what they do anymore.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I'm sure they still do, but like they have all that part of Wyoming.
Speaker 3: This is not what the classic like Winter Range bucks that all had names Popeye Popeye.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like they're like the two pillars of their magazine are like success stories from readers and then the draws, which is something that a million companies are doing now, but Eastman's for a while, A bunch of feel like they were kind of the place a.
Speaker 4: Bunch of magazines ripped that like format off right too after them?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Question three the topic is public lands. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Nicholas Schneck for setting this great question. Nicholas is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win the list Listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meat eater dot com. The National Park Service recommends wrapping your vehicle in tarp while visiting Kings Canyon to prevent this animal from eating your radiator hose. And we have a photo of some tarped vehicles there. You can see this on the Meat Eater podcast YouTube channel. I'm also going to post this on Instagram, this photo that I'm referencing. The National Park Service recommends wrapping your vehicle in tarp while visiting Kings Canyon to prevent this animal from eating your radiator host.
Speaker 4: Chicken wire as well.
Speaker 2: The National Park Service now says that is antiquated, so don't do chicken wire.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be worried about this at Kings Canyon. I've heard stories of people being stranded at remote trailheads.
Speaker 2: The National Park Service recommend wrapping your vehicle in tarp while visiting Kings Canyon to prevent this animal from eating your radiator host. There are I think seven vehicles in this photo, and four of them have the tarp on them.
Speaker 1: Two of them are priuses.
Speaker 2: So again we're looking for the animal. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Hansi saying Marmott's TRESSA says pack rat, Randall says porcupine. Corey says pack rat, Logan says porcupine. Brody says marmot. Oh, the correct answer is Marmott. That one right.
Speaker 7: So, my wife and I had one get into our Toyota tundra three years ago, made itself a home at your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was in there for about an hour and did fifteen dollars worth of damage.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: It was specifically and then oh had eight hoses an electrical which apparently during that year of Toyota, they made a bunch of these hoses with like a soybean compound, just like come on, might as well have been peanut butter. But yeah, that thing saw sad demise.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of Jannis's neighbors also watched a Marmot crawl up under his pickup and it was kind of amusing at first, and then he read online within a few minutes of that the damage they can do, and then it was a problem. Yeah, Marmot's disabled about thirty vehicles every year in California's King's Canyon National Park by chewing through car wiring. They also say visitors often unknowingly give rides to marmots out of the park that are stowed away in engine compartments. The park used to recommend wrapping your vehicle and chicken wire, but now say that marmots have learned how to get around it. The large rodents are attracted to anafreeze, which biologists say gives them quote a bit of a high. Really, they survived that they survived, like they started tracking dead. They started tracking them. One year. I noticed that they would walk off stune, but then they would come back the next year, and there was like almost they came short of calling it an addiction when these things would start getting up in cars and chewing on wires.
Speaker 3: So no, it just makes you feel good. It's a.
Speaker 2: Very different.
Speaker 3: I'd open Harbor Freight right outside the gates of King's Cannon.
Speaker 2: I'm actually impressed at how many people do this. I just don't need to go to King's Canyon if I need to wrap my pickup in tarp.
Speaker 4: I mean thirty a year. How many people visit that park?
Speaker 2: Enough? But but also the consequences are pretty high. What if that's you and your radiator hose kids?
Speaker 4: Uh man, I'm gonna take my chances.
Speaker 2: Question for the topic is cooking. The Food Network describes this as quote a flat crispy corn tortilla that is typically layered with mashed or re refried beans, protein, cheese, and toppings. The Food Network describes this as a flat crispy corn tortilla that is typically layered with mashed or refried beans, protein, cheese, and toppings.
Speaker 6: Around here, we gotta worry about pack rats.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I brought one home and obviously destroyed every single thing in my garage. Damn my hunting gear, my waiters, everything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I saw on the Hiking Bozeman facebook group the other day that someone had a marmot under their vehicle at Lava Lake. Maybe Randall, you said you've heard of porcupine.
Speaker 6: You'll get up in there though, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know what this is. I feel more confident in my answer if then you wrapped this in a soft tortilla and in a trademark.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 2: The Food Network describes this as a flat, crispy corn tortilla that is typically layered with mashed or refried beans, protein, cheese, and toppings. Randall nailed it. If this was a Taco Bell menu question, the crow trap, we're looking for the latter one crispy cornco there was one.
Speaker 7: It has maybe not been on the menu for a while.
Speaker 2: Food describes this as a flat crispy corn tortilla that is typically layered with mashed or refried beans, protein, cheese, and toppings. M M, what stuff in your garage? Did that pack rat destroy? Tresa?
Speaker 5: Oh my my waiters, my fishing net, damn my all my hunting clothes.
Speaker 1: Who killed that? Eventually, didn't Steve try to go trapping?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did give me some ideas, but my boyfriend didn't want to kill it, so he we saved it and he drove it up to highlight and brought some vegetables.
Speaker 2: And that's great for someone else to take.
Speaker 5: It home, and he took a video of it. Well, we read that they can travel. I think like I could be completely lyned, but like thirteen or thirty miles after where it was wow, and so he drove it up to highlight and released it it.
Speaker 4: It probably got smashed on the road going back to your house.
Speaker 2: Before he brought it home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm still finding stuff that it destroyed. And it ate like everything in our kayak, like the seat and everything, ate everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and whole terrible. Yeah again, we're on question for the topic is cooking a flat crispy corn tortilla that is typically layered with mashed or refried beans, protein, cheese, and toppings. Is everybody ready? Four of them? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Junzi saying, what's that say? Tresa says Indian fry bread, Randall says tostada. Cory tostada, Logan, gorditarody uta. The correct answer is toastada. Randall and Cory got that one right. Tostada means toasted in Spanish and refers to flat tortillas that are toasted or fried. Wade Trunk calls them quote essentially an open faced hard taco. For a tostata recipe, go check out wades recipe on the meadeater dot com called turkey, tostada.
Speaker 4: What's a flow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and tortoise sandwich.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 5: Indian fibred is the same thing. It's just soft.
Speaker 2: Question five. The Florida Museum of Natural History list nicknames for this fish as puppy, drum channel, bass, and spottail. Brody already has his answer. The Florida Museum of Natural History list nicknames for this fish as puffy, drum channel, bass, and spottail. Randall has now joined him with an answer. M hm and Corey, Corey, do you have this one right?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I bet you know it. I bet you know it.
Speaker 2: The Florida Museum of Natural History listen nicknames for this fish as puppy, drum, channel, bass, and spottail.
Speaker 3: Never heard any of those.
Speaker 2: Randall knows it, Corey knows it.
Speaker 1: Maybe I think I know it.
Speaker 2: Brody knows it.
Speaker 1: I'll be disappointed.
Speaker 6: I'm glad Randall's confident in my answer.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't see your answer.
Speaker 3: Actually, I just thought I was confident in you.
Speaker 2: That's something.
Speaker 3: But I was also confident in porcupine, and look how that turned out.
Speaker 2: Florida Museum of Natural History listen nicknames for this fish as puppy, drum channel, bass and spot tail. Which part is?
Speaker 7: I think I know what it is?
Speaker 2: Picture it.
Speaker 7: Word's not coming to my head.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Randall, I hadn't seen that same photo with like the tarts under it, Like I could have sworn me to wrote an article on that a long time ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know someone who had a porcupine beat the radiator hose and stranded.
Speaker 2: Do you have to go get him?
Speaker 3: But no, no, no, I wasn't anywhere near this incident.
Speaker 2: King King's Canyon they have signage, they have an entire article on their website.
Speaker 1: Well, how did I not know that?
Speaker 2: That's right? Have you Bendy Kings Canyon?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 3: But I we're hiking part of the John Muir Trail.
Speaker 1: So we came.
Speaker 3: We came from the Bishops side and then hiked through part of it and then out.
Speaker 2: Okay, some National forests unique route.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know backpacking.
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer for what a puppy drum channel bass and spot tail refers? To go ahead and reveal your answers. We have HANSI without an answer, Tressa says, redfish, Randall, redfish, Cory, redfish, Logan, redfish, brody, redfish, the correct answer is redfish or a red drum.
Speaker 1: Un them both just in case red drum.
Speaker 2: Some other nicknames include reds, ret reds, bull reds, or tropical sea bass. The world record was caught near Avon, North Carolina in nineteen eighty four. It weighed ninety four pounds geese. Whoa, So we're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 9: Pretty good game we got going on, Hallnsei, Treessa, and Logan. I'll have one point, Corey has two, and Randall and Brody are tight up in first place with three points.
Speaker 2: APIs tough rounds so far, jeez. Question six the topic is conservation. This next great question is via eli laser. What river has a dam on it that's named after America's thirty first president?
Speaker 1: Hmmmm wow, so we're.
Speaker 2: Looking for the river here. What river has a dam on it that's named after America's thirty first president? Randall very quick to answer. Brody just joined him with an answer. Do you think you know the thirty first president? Randall? Is that what gave it away? Or was it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Ok?
Speaker 3: I was about to count backwards in my head, and then I remembered humiliating myself.
Speaker 2: That did happen last year or so when I answered and that that question was far near.
Speaker 1: Instead of Ford.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was like, I'm just going to stumble and make a fool of myself again on this program.
Speaker 2: River has a damn on it that's named after America's thirty first president. So again the name of the river, Corey, do you have this one right? Man?
Speaker 6: I sure hope.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm just studying my presidents, Like there's enough questions that are related to presidents where and if I knew all of them, I could maybe be more successful.
Speaker 2: And to be clear, the damn is named after the president, not the river.
Speaker 4: Everybody shouldn't that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that was in the question. I could see that someone being confused.
Speaker 3: It would be weird if we're still naming rivers when we had a thirty first president.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: I don't think, guys be a little weird.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers? We have HANSI said Colorado, Tresa, Madison, Randall and Corey say Colorado. Logan says the name of the dam which is Hoover dam. Hey Brody says Colorado. The correct answer is the Colorado River. In the design phase of the dam, it was referred to as Boulder Canyon Dam, Boulder Dam, and Black Canyon Dam before settling on Hoover Dam, which is named after Herbert Hoover. At seven hundred and twenty six feet tall, it's only second to Orville Dam on California's Feather River. Question seven, the topic is hunting. Snoopy is this kind of dog, which AKC describes as quote, an excellent hunting dog and loyal companion. Brody very quick to answer, Snoopy is this kind of dog which AKC describes as an excellent hunting dog and loyal companion. Randall has now joined him. I think I have this right, Brody, very confident, cool dog.
Speaker 1: When when was the Hoover Dam built?
Speaker 2: I think it was when Hoover was in office, So I don't know when that would have been.
Speaker 4: Really, I bet you it was before heard it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hoover Dam was built in nineteen thirty one.
Speaker 4: That would have been during the New Deal.
Speaker 2: Herbert Hoover. Hoover was president from nineteen twenty nine to nineteen thirty three. When he was in office. Again, we're on question seven, Snoopy is this kind of dog, which AKC describes as an excellent hunting dog and loyal companion.
Speaker 6: I got a question for you.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 6: Do you want it to be really specific?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Can I just say it?
Speaker 9: Lab?
Speaker 1: I have to be specific.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't ask. Oh jeez, is everybody ready?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Hold on, don't let that new question?
Speaker 2: This kind of which AKC describes as an excellent hunting dog and loyal companion. Hansei, do you have this one right? And between two? And I'm fifty to fifty on it? So what else could he be? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers? We have Hansey saying Springer Spaniel, Tresti as Dalmatian, Randall Beagle, Cory Beagle, Logan Beagle, Brody Beagle. The correct answer is a Beagley. Four of our players got that one right? Is that what you were torn between? Haze Beagles were bred to haunt a variety of small game, but are primarily known for pursuing rabbits. The only hunting Snoopy ever did was for Truffles, which take place which takes place in a Peanuts comic strip from nineteen seventy five. In that scene, Snoopy refers to himself as the world famous truffle Hound. Him and Linus instead only find a girl named Truffles, who they then compete for the affection of Snoopy.
Speaker 4: Shirt didn't sound like a beagle like Jack.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's a non sequitor.
Speaker 2: What did he sound like?
Speaker 4: We had that real whiney squeally.
Speaker 2: It seems bagley to me. Ye kindling wrong. Question eight. The topic is woodsmanship. This seven letter word is defined as quote, a small steep waterfall, especially one of a series. Rodine Randall you already know this one again? This is question eight. The topic is woodsmanship. This seven letter word is defined as a small steep waterfall, especially one of a series tons. Do you have this one right? Maybe seven letters having ladders right? And do you have this one right? Potentially tell me about this beagle named Jack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I was gonna. I was trying to decide whether it entered Jack to fall up with that story, because otherwise it'd just be weird if I listed out dogs that I know by name and then we did it.
Speaker 1: That Jack lived to be seventeen years old.
Speaker 2: Damn wow.
Speaker 3: He died very recently actually, and the very first buck eye shot. I have a photo of me and Jack in the back of my pickup truck named Black Thunder.
Speaker 1: Very good, but he was a good man. He got skunked a lot, but he liked to.
Speaker 2: Chase skunked a lot. Is sprayed by skunks.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, he liked to chase deer and he liked to ball just.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Kind of became an asshole in his old age.
Speaker 1: He started biting things. He was blind.
Speaker 2: Snoopy doesn't really look like a beagle, but I don't know what he looks like instead of a beagle.
Speaker 1: That's That's sort of how I arrived at my answer.
Speaker 8: On the topic of skunks, Like these gunks hanging on the wall, here are those like trapped?
Speaker 1: And how do you get.
Speaker 8: Around the scent glands?
Speaker 4: You gotta be real careful. I was with Steve when we got one. Holy shit, Yeah, like that stuff got everywhere. Like we had some beaver meat sitting like ten feet from the skunk he was skinning, and the beaver meat tasted like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wow, that's crazy. Yeah, we ate when I'm pardon my plate. We had two to pick from, one sprayed when it died, the other one did not, and so I had skinned them both. The one that sprayed that never a chance. There's no no way we're gonna eat this. This meat is totally toxic. So we ate the one that did not spray and still tasted like skunk. So don't recommend bringing that home again. We're on question eight. The seven letter word is defined as a small steep waterfall, especially one of a series. Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Hansei saying cascade, Tressa says springs, Randall and Corey and Logan and Brody say cascade. They got it. The correct answer is cascade. The word cascade comes from the French verb cascader, which has basically the same definition. Cascades are usually made up of a series of smaller falls, rather than a single large plunge of water. Bill we have two questions left. Give us a leaderboard update.
Speaker 9: It is down to Cory, who has five points, and Randall and Brody who have six points. Hansi and Logan have three in Tressa has one Marmots.
Speaker 2: Question nine the topic is fishing. This next great question is via Clintey. This company created the world's first motorized fish shack, which they say is the quote ice fishing dream machine. Ooh, this company created the world's first motorized fishack, which they say is the ice fishing dream machine. Our players are stumped. Hansei now has an answer because I okay, yeah, he's not confident. Answer. This company created the world's first motorized fisheck, which they say is the ice fishing dream machine. I feel like I can see our players can picture what this is, but don't know what it's called. This is question nine. This company created the world's first motorized fishack, which they say is the ice fishing dream machine. This could be a zero percenter When did this happen? Not going to give you any hints that would bring us to two zero percenters in this episode, Question one and question nine. If nobody can come up with this answer, This company created the world's first motorized fishek, which they say is the ice fishing dream machine.
Speaker 9: Correy, would you like to clarify what you're doing on your phone so the Internet doesn't yell at you for cheating them.
Speaker 6: I'm texting my wife right now.
Speaker 4: Seems important?
Speaker 10: Okay, she definitely wouldn't know this, so don't worry again.
Speaker 2: Randall and Brody do not like their answers or don't have an answer, don't like it, don't like it? Brody, do you like your answer? No?
Speaker 6: Not really?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Hansy saying polar tressa without an answer. Randall says skidoo. Corey says beaver damn mobile Logan Eskimo, Brody Eskimo. Nobody got it. The correct answer is snow Bear, never be no Bear. The company was created in two thousand and five by Tom Lichen in his West Fargo garage. The snow Bear, created like a bus, is shaped like a bus and rides on its patented max track system. When you park it, the hydraulic lift will lower the machine twelve inches to place you on the ice. Their website doesn't list a price, but a South Dakota dealership just sold a twenty twenty three model for does anyone want to guess? Make some guess?
Speaker 6: Thirty five higher, sixty.
Speaker 2: Higher, one hundred twenty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: So I was gonna say one hundred and twenty four is too high?
Speaker 2: One hundred and twenty three thousand dollars that are in South Dakota.
Speaker 4: I don't think you should be surprised that that was a zero percenter spencer.
Speaker 1: That's why I.
Speaker 10: Thought on someone could have gotten that Steve was in one in episode where they.
Speaker 6: Went ice fishing. Didn't Jay Semens j Semens.
Speaker 2: Chester's Falling Conzie probably edited that episode.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 2: Yah, we don't need a scoreboard update. We have fit or excuse me. We have Randall and Brody with six and Corey with going into question ten. The topic is cooking, oh Hawk Carl, which is fermented shark is considered a national dish of this country.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Corey knows this one, and he would need Randall and Brody to get this one wrong to go to overtime with them. I've had it. Hot Carl, which is fermented shark, is considered a national dish of this country. We have Corey handing out hints. He says he's been there and he's eaten.
Speaker 6: I can't imagine that's going to help you out. Pretty sheltered Montana boy.
Speaker 9: Hmmm, I haven't updated the tiebreaker sound yet.
Speaker 2: I apologize hat Carl, which is fermented shark is considered a national dish of this country. Corey, be prepared to give us a review of this food after we reveal the answer.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And I had to look at the look at the screen because I thought you said, hot Carl, what do you call that? A?
Speaker 2: What's what kind of a? Is that? This?
Speaker 1: This type?
Speaker 4: This type that I normally use for trivia?
Speaker 9: I can't do ac. I had to change it to a different front. H A K A R L.
Speaker 2: Carl, which is fermented shark, is considered a national dish of this country. Randall, do you have a narrow down to a few countries?
Speaker 9: I do?
Speaker 2: Have you thought about where Corey may have been? I have? Okay, is that helping you?
Speaker 4: What's your last name again, Corey Carl? Yeah, hot Carl.
Speaker 1: I'm just joking.
Speaker 3: I know you're I think the only I think the only real No, I don't even want to say.
Speaker 2: That hawk Carl, which is fermented shark, is considered a national dish of this country. HANSI, do you have this one right? Have you eaten this before?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I would all right, well we'll see what we'll see what Corey has Like.
Speaker 9: Almost every travel show that goes to this country.
Speaker 2: Another you got Brody has flops down his whiteboard. It's everybody ready, I don't I think we had Randall flash his whiteboard to Corey, and Corey sort of yeah, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Hansey saying Iceland, Tresse Australia, Randall Iceland, Corey Iceland, Logan Iceland, Brody Norway. The correct answer is Iceland, making Randall our winner. With seven correct answers, could I help you out with that one?
Speaker 1: You didn't know.
Speaker 3: The biggest The biggest tell for me was the a with the with the diacritical mark of whatever that's called H. I figured it was a Scandinavian country. I thought, I remember you saying at some point you've been to Ice.
Speaker 2: On media to radio, we talked about our coolest camping spots. Didn't you talk about Iceland?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then when we talked about travel shows going to this country.
Speaker 2: Goodness.
Speaker 3: Also, I can say this because I'm Norwegian. I just figured like, if it was Norwegian, it was also Swedish. I feel like those are two close together. But I figured it was in that general realm of things, and I'm Norwegian.
Speaker 2: I never heard of the qualifier. Yeah. Howcar is sometimes referred to as shark because it's fermentation process lasts for five months. It's made of greenland shark and often served on toothpicks. It's customary to take a shot of alcohol afterwards to chase down the cheesy, fishy taste of the shark cory. How was it?
Speaker 10: It's disgusting, putrefied. Yeah, and they want you to Ideally you chase it down with vodka, a local vodka called black Death, so you could.
Speaker 2: Imagine what that. Okay, did you go back for seconds?
Speaker 1: Yes? You did.
Speaker 2: Oh good on you.
Speaker 6: It was pretty bad, but mainly because I wanted that second.
Speaker 1: It's pretty round.
Speaker 6: I had to pinch my nose.
Speaker 3: Like a marmot and radiator.
Speaker 2: Fluid Randall gets to choose where the five hundred dollars donation goes today. What's it going to be? Randall?
Speaker 3: Let's send this one to the New York Chapter of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.
Speaker 2: Okay, very specifically the.
Speaker 3: Muster in the Mountains this summer August first to August third in west Kill, New York, which is a gathering for uh, you know East Coast orner I should say, you know Eastern public lands officionados and so a lot of times public lands talk is very Western centric. So I had a listener point out to me that their public land lovers.
Speaker 1: All over this great.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if you're in the neck of the woods August first through third, check out muster in the mountain, Wow, cow might be there.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be possible without Randall's donations. So they're gonna be every time they take a drink that weekend, Randall, they're gonna do a little cheers to you.
Speaker 3: You're just cutting me off with the knees in my moment of triumph.
Speaker 1: Typical, typical.
Speaker 3: We went end this game with a shot at old Randall, and we end with a shot at Actually, let's end with this, Thanks Spencer.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Media Trivia the only game show where conservation always wins. Yeah, Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth, mellow tones. He lays them questions down.
Speaker 1: He likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It's an avid amateur lockw eighty