Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome to I've never said this before with me Tommy Didario. Today's guest is the super talented Edvn Riding Now. Edvn is one of the biggest breakout stars on Netflix, starring in Young Royals, which is a Swedish teen drama romance set at a fictional elite boarding school. Now the show primarily follows Edvin, who plays Prince Wilhelm of Sweden and his romance with fellow male student Simon Erickson and all the drama which results, and let me tell you, there is a lot of it. Van grew up in Stockholm, Sweden, and started acting at five years old and a humble brag on his behalf. He became a Forbes thirty Under thirty lister in twenty twenty two, which is not an easy title to obtain, and he managed to graduate high school during his rise to superstardom. He is now working on several different projects, including a third and final season of Young Royals. I know, I know, what are we going to do without the show? Edvn is such a deep and soulful guy, and I know you are going to really enjoy hearing a different side to him. Throughout this conversation. So let's see if today we can get Edvan to say something that he's never said before. Van, my friend, it is so good to be hanging out with you. How are you today?
Speaker 2: Likewise? I'm good. I'm good. It's been a beautiful day here in Stockholm. I'm happy spring is coming.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that. I'm great, man, I'm great. I'm I mean, I should be kind of fanning myself because am I talking to who BuzzFeed said is the next Meryl Street, Viola Davis and Denzel Washington.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. We'll see.
Speaker 1: It's up to me, you know, Yeah, yeah, it's up to you. But what an honor? I read that article not too long ago, and it was like, that's my man, Good for you, Good for you. That must feel good.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, it's been. Uh, it's always like it's a big honor. Obviously, you you get a little frightened at first, but then you like take a breather and then you realize it's truly is like a huge honor and it's something great to build from, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, well deserved. You are somebody who means so much to so many and and it's largely due to the show Young Royals, which came out and we're in two seasons now. This show has taken the world by storm. It is one of the hottest shows on Netflix. People just love it to death so much. I want to bring it back for a minute. What was it that made you say when you read that initial script that pilot man, I have to be a part of this series.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's it's It was actually quite funny because I was in like a weird period in my life where, you know, COVID had just hit the world a couple of months earlier, and I was like at a stalemate, you know. I mean, it's weird for me as twenty year old to say that, but you know it was. I was feeling pretty like restless, and then I got this call for this this audition, and and it just it felt great, Like it was truly just intuition. I think, if we're going to break it down, I read the script and I was like, yeah, this is sure, it's yeah. You know, it was fun because you know, I've heard my my coworker Omar talk about it, and he was like, yeah, this is this is going to be a hit, you know, and I read it and was like, yeah, we can, we can do something out of this. I really think with the teamwork that we had during season one and season two, I think that's like the major, major thing that made it what it was. And I think also that's like what made me want to do it.
Speaker 1: I love that it's a queer love story, man. I mean I grew up, I'm a millennial and I never had anything like this to watch. I mean, we had Will and Grace, but it was a very different type of show and it was great yea, And I love the representation there, but it wasn't this this love story. I mean, do you feel ever that responsibility of being in a show that that means so much to so many Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, like it's it's it's definitely like it's it's huge for me, and it is a big responsibility. Like all these people writing and saying like they feel seen by this show and by by our portrayal of these characters. It's it's massive, you know, and I like I feel seen by them as well. Like it's a very I haven't spoken about it too much, I think, or maybe I've just been been bad at articulating it, but it truly is like a give and take situation with with us in the cast and our audience, like we they make us feel seen, and apparently we make them feel seen. And it's like, I think it's a big responsibility for us because we're like in the spotlight and we want to take care of these people as much as possible, and it's a movement and that comes with the responsibility, you.
Speaker 1: Know, one hundred percent. I think that's such an interesting way to look at it. You know, yes, the audience feels seen through your work, but you feel seen through them. Talk to me more about that. That's such an interesting, interesting way to put it that I really haven't heard before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well, I've been thinking about it these last few weeks, Like we're in early early early prep for season three right now, and I'm starting to like slowly growing into Wilhelm again, and I've been thinking about it, like it's we have such an intelligent audience. They're like they're like on a high level intelligent people, Like they can analyze the show, and they can analyze not just our story, like I see them interacting with other shows as well, like art stopper Wednesday, and the way they're like dissecting these stories and finding like symbolism, it's it's beautiful. And some of these things are like just things that we as actors are maybe you know, I can only speak for myself, but the things that we like come we figure it out in the moment. We just do something and we feel like, yeah, yeah, that's that's that makes sense because Willielm's this person and he would do that, and then you just do it and and they really they pick up on that and it's beautiful. Like they they I think they see our craftsmanship and that's huge for me as an actor. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a really special relationship to have with the viewers of a show that you're creating and you're bringing to life. I think that's super super cool. And obviously everybody knows that you and Omar are thickest thieves, super tight. He of course plays Simon in the show. Why was he the right guy to play opposite you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What made him that guy?
Speaker 2: He's many things, but mainly is a very brave person. And he is brave and like almost every aspect of his life like he's very he's daring. He wants to do stuff and he wants to try them and and that's like very fundamental for an actor to be able to be brave, you know. And I felt like I saw that the first audition we did together, because I was it was like his first, but it was my Maybe it wasn't his first, maybe it was his second or something. I had done a few at least, you know, And and I was like, in the moment, I was trying this improvising stuff, and he just followed, and he like he pushed it in another direction, like we were just playing with each other, playing with these emotions, and it's not easy to do that if you've never like properly acted before. And yeah, I really really admire that about him.
Speaker 1: And you didn't know him during those early auditions, right, No.
Speaker 2: No, I knew who he was. He was. He's like he's been a celebrity in swite him for a few years. And I went to see him. It's ten years ago, now, that's crazy. Yeah, I went to see him when he opened for Justin Bieber in Stockholm twenty thirteen, and his like musical career was huge from there, you know, up until Royals and it's only been growing. So I knew who he was, but I didn't know him personally, you know.
Speaker 1: So how did you establish such an insane bond and develop that chemistry on screen? Because you guys together, I mean, it's so believable. We as an audience believe you are truly in love, and that's not always easy to achieve, as in my opinion as a viewer, when I watch certain shows, it's you know, kind of like, Okay, yeah, they're they're doing the job of having to be in love. But I watch the two of you, and I say, no, these these guys look like they are in love. So how did you form that bond? Was it a pretty easy thing to do?
Speaker 2: Firstly, thank you, that's very kind of words. It was. It wasn't easy, you know. I mean it's never easy to or sometimes it is, you know. With Omer, I think it was actually because like I said, he's brave. I'd like to consider myself as a brave person's file and we kind of had to. Like it was, it was like a force of nature in some way because he's he's very open and brave, and I'm I'm I'm very like intrigued by those types of people, and we were working all of these long hours and day in and day out, and we were doing these beautiful scenes, and we had our director who is like our directors they were they were really like helping us out with understanding these scenes in this relationship, and that I think that created like a trust between me and Omar. And trust is like I usually say, like the two most important things when it comes to working in the film industry, or maybe three things. It's like it's trust, it's communication, and its respect. And I think me and Omar found out with each other pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: I love the development of your character in the two seasons. I imagine for you it must be a super fun role to play. What you love about playing the Prince?
Speaker 2: Wow? Uh? I love It's very challenging, honestly. I mean, uh, he's he's grown a lot since the first episode of season one. Uh. And he's it's been like a rollercoaster so far. Uh. And that's very challenging. And I think mainly that's like the funniest, the most fun part of it. But he's like he's so sensitive and it's always like I you feel like it's rewarding for you as a person. I feel like it's rewarding for me, like as a person to portray Willham, because like he's so sensitive and emotional in a very uh in a very good way. Like it's not it's very anti macho thing, and I think that's important to portray as well, and and for me as an actor to be able to like go into those that kind of lifestyle and and places. It's rewarding for me as a person. You know, I learn a lot by working with young royals, and that's great, Like, that's not it's not usually like that, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, well, I think it takes a special kind of person too to be aware with the environment and the work that they're doing to actually learn something from it. Right, It's not like you go to work, you put on this character and you leave and you're kind of like that's it. Like you want to grow, you want to learn, you want to be somebody who's continually improving yourself. At least that's what I gather from our conversations, which I think is a really unique trait and quality to have in this industry. I know that season two, this character he goes through some things, and I know you've commented on how you've kind of grappled with how you view your character in season two. Talk to me more about that.
Speaker 2: Well, this created kind of created quite a stir on the social media when I said this, at least with our audience, because they defend Wilhelm really, you know, really really much. And what I've been like when I say I I had a hard time understanding, Well, it was like on a very like fundamental, but also it was kind of abstract because I thought he was very selfish a lot of the time in season two. He was mainly thinking about himself and his own problems. He wasn't thinking about h Simon and his problems, and and that's you know, it's frustrating reading that, you know, seeing that character in front of you is like, I wouldn't want to be friends with that kind of person. I think people can change, you know, but it's a very it's a very pessimistic way of life, I think. And that was a hard time like understanding, but then I had long conversations with our writers and directors and eventually I figured it out. I think I don't know if our audience know what I mean yet, but they will one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I think that's cool that you get to explore different sides to this character, right, Like that must be fun for you.
Speaker 2: It is, you know, it's always funnier. Like you know, people are so like complex. You know, we have different different ways of talking when we're with different people, we have different ways of moving, we laugh different with different people, and just you know, that's like the outer layer, imagine like the inner layer. It's way more complex, and that's like reality. So portraying that is speaking of like rewarding for me as a person. That's also like I learn a lot by doing that because that's what it is in real life, Like how does Wilhelm control these feelings? Pretty badly? Sometimes maybe I should do that, you know, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, that's right on. I think it's an interesting study on human behavior when you kind of drive into a character like that, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it is, it is. I find that so interesting, Like the human mind, it's powerful and scary, but it's beautiful at the same time. So I tried to everything I know about psychology and behavioral science. I try to put into my character work.
Speaker 1: So if you can look back at your work over the last two seasons. Is there a scene or a moment that was so meaningful for you wish you could relive it and and do it all over again because you so enjoyed doing it. And on the flip side, is there a scene that you wish Hm, I wish I had another shot at that. I feel like I could trade a little differently.
Speaker 2: Like I enjoyed most of my time. I'm thinking about which scene I like the most, not which one I hate the most. No, but I think the football field scene or soccer sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, depending on where you live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that scene in season one for me as an actor was very fun to do. We were improvising a lot, and I had a really nice collaboration with our director for that episode and with Omar, and I think, I, yeah, that was really that was fun. I don't think I want to do it again. I want to like be in that moment watching myself doing it, do you know what I mean? I don't think I could do that exact same thing again because it's so it was so like intuitive, But it was fun to do. And if I get another shot at one scene, probably some scenes in like the early early stages of season one, it was a weird time coming into the first season, and some of those scenes were pretty difficult to grasp Aron and we had like issues with postponing these scenes because of COVID and stuff. So if I have to say one, maybe the scene in episode one of season one, there's the scene in the car where Wilhelm he finds out that he's going to start at Hemascat at the school and he's really pissed at this Royal Family staff member. If I have to pick one scene, I'd picked that one.
Speaker 1: Very cool. I always find it so fascinating the inner workings of artists brains and how they view their work. So thank you for sharing that. I think it's so cool that you started as the Swedish actor and then you hit this international level of fame with the show, even appearing on Jimmy Kimmel here in New York City, which is just so cool. So what are you the most proud of with your work on this show.
Speaker 2: I think I'm the most proud of like the way we've we've reached out to the audience, Like the way we've connected with our audience. I've been saying this now for two years soon, but it's so majestic, it's monumental. It's like for me, it's like it's such a feeling of comfort in my chest. Like the relationship that this story has with its audience is it's so beautiful and it's so like it's it's real, you know, it's a movement and you can dissect the whole period down to different Obviously, I'm super, super proud to have been on FOUL. I think we honestly, I think we were the first we're the first Sweetist show to be promoted on Jimmy Fallon and that's huge, you know. But but there's like so much more to it than just like being able to travel the world with this show and meeting all these people. I think that that relationship with the audience is Yeah, it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I see a lot of the comments surrounding the show and how this show has helped so many people. You know, I often wonder if I had a show like this, I'm thirty, teld them, I'm thirty seven. Now, if I had a show like.
Speaker 2: You're Looking Day over twenty five, you don't have.
Speaker 1: To you don't have to lie. I mean, I appreciate that, but thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: I wondered if I would have maybe come out earlier if the show existed. You know, I came out what's considered late now. I mean, I know there's no right time, but I was in sen year of college, and I think it's so great. So many people are coming out earlier and earlier and on their own time, and I just wonder if I had something like this, would that have helped me? And I think it probably does help a lot of people. You know, it's powerful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is like that's that I've really moved by that. Wow, But also like it's this, this is like it's all part of like a big process. I really believe that at one point there will be no like coming out late or coming out early or anything like that, because people won't have to come out because it won't matter, Like for real, it won't matter who you love or what your pronouns are or what you identify as. It's I mean, that's what we're working against, and Royals Young Roles is evidently it's a part of that process, and I'm super proud to be part of that little puzzle piece. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's important, and I think what a refreshing world. It will be when we don't have to do any of those things you just talked to me. I know I'm ready for that time. And in fact, I remember seeing a tweet, you know, and I believe your friend Kit Connor kind of got publicly, you know, out it if you want to call that as as bisexual, and he came out and made a steament and you said, my heart was out to you, right are you? Along those lines? You said your heart you feel for him, because no one should be put in that position, right, we should all just we shouldn't have to do that.
Speaker 2: No, No, it was that was painful to watch, you know. And kid's such a sweet guy too. I mean, no one deserves that. But at this age too, I mean we're the same age and and and to be like forced into two coming out or like proclaiming who you are, like you you owe people that. It's it's such a weird way of looking at the world and fellow human beings. Yeah, weird, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's I think showing your support was a really amazing thing to do. And I I, of course, I think it speaks huge, huge volumes of who you are as a person. And I just thought that was cool, So I agree with you. I think when there's a time where we don't have to do that, it's going to be awesome. Speaking of Kit Connor, who of course stars in Heart Stopper, there's a lot of buzz and shatter around the internet. I don't know if you said something in an interview once, oh yeah, but everyone's wanting some sort of crossover. So for everyone who's listening, if you haven't seen Heart Stopper, it's another amazing queer love story on Netflix. Season one was brilliant. I believe season two wrapped and that should be coming out hopefully soon, and a lot of people want to see, you know, Kit and Joe the two actors in the show, and and you and Omar do some sort of crossover. Maybe it's a double date in one of the shows. I don't know, I mean, come on, what's happening? Are we doing anything?
Speaker 2: I don't know. You know, we said that in an interview a couple of months ago, and it created was been mayhem afterwards. I don't think, like I'd love to like do something with Kid and Joe and me and Omar. I don't know if we should do it in character though, but I mean, we share a lot of audience members the two shows, and I think we should we should. Yeah, I want to, you know, we should do something. I don't know if a crossover is the right way to go, but you know, it would be fun to give something to the to the audience. You know.
Speaker 1: Well, if you do a crossover, I know season three is sadly the final season of your show, which is breaking hearts across the world. So maybe maybe you and Omar are foreign transplant students in their school and then you just have to be part of their next season. They're done. I'm a writer.
Speaker 2: Well there you have it. Wow, perfect down right now.
Speaker 1: There we go, There we go. I'll call my people, will call your people.
Speaker 2: We got this perfect. Yeah, we'll sort it out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you said that you're getting ready for season three. Is there anything you can share about the season?
Speaker 2: Not story wise, it's but it's it's like it's the final season we've we've like, it's it's out there in the open. But I gotta say, like, the beautiful part of this art form is that we we produce something and we portray these characters that amazing people have written and were directed by great people, and there's like hundreds of people working with this and we we like construct this this art piece, and then we give it to the audience. So even though like season three is the last last season that will produce, like the story, the characters, the world that these characters live in, they belong to the audience, uh, and they will forever and ever. And so hopefully that calms some people down, because I want them to know, like, these these characters are them. You know, they can they can write these these beautiful I've recently gotten a bit into these fan fictions that they've been writing, and it's quite interesting the creative ways they they place these characters with each other. But that's like, that's the future for Young Voice. I think it belongs to the audience.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. And I know, I know you might know, but you can't say anything. But do you hope that your character Prince Wilhelm and Simon are endgame? Do you hope that they end up together?
Speaker 2: Of course, like I believe in love, but I you know, I don't know what happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well I'm rooting for I'm a huge lover of love. I've I've been with my husband now for eight years. Congratulations, thank you, thank you. I I just I love love So I know they're characters, but I am personally rooting for the two of you.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's nice. I think. I think you're not alone. I think, but just just a hunch. No, we'll see. I mean, I we were still a few months away from from shooting, and anything can still happen with the story. So so and I think either way, they've gotten so much from each other, these two characters, they've learned so much. Like I said, like Wilhelm's he's done such a journey since season one, episode one, and that journey is continuing in the third season. So and the same with with Simon. It's they're like developing and learning from each other in a very beautiful way. So in a way, they will always be endgame, you know, even if they don't end up together. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree with you. I agree. I think you're I think you're colely trying to say. You're not going to give away any spoilers, but they'll always be a part of their life, each other's lives. I don't know what happened. I see the game you're playing with me. It's all good. I get it.
Speaker 2: The media train, you know, I'm good at this.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's well. We can't wait for the new season. I know you're you're going to get to work on it. But who knows, maybe even by the end of the year.
Speaker 2: We'll see it, right, we'll see you know. I'm not in charge of setting the dates for the premieres at Netflix. You have to You'll have to talk to someone else.
Speaker 1: I know we've talked a lot about the show and the impact it's had on on the audience, and how also you feel so connected to the audience. But you know, edvond, I wonder with the show like this, where there's so much noise surrounding it. And I don't mean noise negatively. I mean it's just as noise. There's a lot of conversation, there's a lot of chatter, there's a lot of attention. Right, It's a show that people constantly are are talking about. Do you, as Edvan ever feel like it's just a little too loud? Is it? Is it ever too much for you? And how do you deal with that as as a human.
Speaker 2: The honest answer is yes, obviously, I mean, it can be too much. And I think my my bar is pretty low when it comes to dealing with stuff, whether it's positive or negative. You know, it affects me in different ways. Uh, And I've taken my fair share of breaks from social media. I think that's like, right now, that's my main, my main way of dealing with it. But you know, it's it's it's fun too, Like I'm super grateful that I'm in this position and that we have this audience. But yeah, it can Yeah, it can be too much sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's that's anything that kind of gives you this widespread attention can can take take a toll on you a bit, right. And I know you've talked about how your character explores his journey with his anxiety and his mental health, and I know you're a big proponent of putting a spotlight on the importance of mental health and taking care of yourself. What is your journey personally been like with mental health.
Speaker 2: Well, I've I've I've struggled with it at times, and I've tried to Like my way of dealing with it is through education, like learning about it. I studied behavioral science in high school. Partially because I think it's it's a great ass to have as an actor, but also like as a human being, understanding how our brains and our psych works. And I've also realized like therapy is like the best thing ever and the good thing about it. And I really want to say this because it took some time for me to realize it. But the thing with therapy is that it's proactive, like you're working to prevent future disasters, if you'd like to call them that, or like you're learning how to deal with future thoughts and future emotions because you get to know yourself and you get to know where your boundaries are. And that's great. You know, I'm in therapy now and it's the best thing ever. I feel better than ever.
Speaker 1: You know, and that's what's important. I think there is still a stigma around it. And yeah, I went for the first time over the holidays actually and really no, yeah, yeah, I just had to sort through some stuff. And yeah, even though I'm such a proponent for mental health, it still took me thirty seven years to make it happen. And my my therapist, she said, you bathed your body, why wouldn't you bathe your mind? And I thought that was so cool.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's good. Yeah, you know, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think being good to yourself is so important and thank you for opening up about that. The more people that I can do that, especially in the spotlight, the better. So that's that's truly, truly important. You said a quote about the show that I thought was really interesting, and I want I want to talk more about this quote and that quinto It's not bad, it's it's really really cool. Actually, you said sexuality is not the focal point of the show, which I think is a very important message to tell. Now, maybe somebody who watches a show or catches a few, you know, of the episodes, or reads about it might think, well, that's not true. It's about two men who are in a love romantic story and it's about the relationship, so it's very much about sexuality. What would you say to that and talk to me more about your quote.
Speaker 2: Well, I totally understand that perspective, but I just disagree because the thing is, these people were telling a story about human beings and human beings interacting with each other, and they come from different like, they come from different parts of society and different places in the like social hierarchy. Uh, and that's the issue that they faced, the the like the label of their sexuality or or you know, their pronouns or whatever it may be. That's never the issue for these characters. It's like where it's the it's the social issues around them, you know, and expectations and tradition. That's like, that's their problems they're facing, and so therefore it's not about sexuality. It's about you know, these it's about a friend's coming from very traditional from a very traditional background and very like conservative traditions and stuff, and how he deals with that while he's in love. You know, people fall in love with their young, no matter if it's a boy or girl or whatever, you know.
Speaker 1: And I think it's interesting because it kind of goes back to your point earlier of one day hoping that there's no coming out and there's no focus on pronouns and it's just a part of life, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I understand where we're at now as a society, and we need to like we need to embrace that and do what we can right now, Like we need to educate people about pronouns and different different types of sexuality and the issues that these people are facing. We need to educate more people on that. But I think like we're walking towards a future where we don't have to label ourselves. I mean, we can label ourselves, you know, it's we shouldn't have to do it for someone else. That's the thing. Like Wilhelm, he's just in love with this boy. He's you know, he's own labeled. He doesn't have to he doesn't owe anyone uh to say what what his sexuality is. And I think that's a very like that's a cool world to live in, you know, when you don't have to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's a world that I want to be a part of. So I think that's that's awesome. Are you feeling emotional as you gear up for your last season? Is it? Does it hit you yet or you're just kind.
Speaker 2: Of course course, Yeah, it's it's bittersweet, like it really really is. I've lived with this, this story in these characters, mainly Wilhelm then for three years soon and it's been such a like it flipped my life upside down obviously, and so it I mean to an end, is it's it's emotional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you going to take from your character. Is there anything you're gonna try to sneak off set?
Speaker 2: I've already stolen some stuff, you know, I've been Uh yeah, I've been taking some stuff.
Speaker 1: Anything else you have your eye on that, you're like, I've got to get my hands on.
Speaker 2: I actually I had a discussion with Omar about this.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's some stuff I want, and there's some stuff like I should take with me, Like I should bring the uniform back with me home, you know, because I won't use it. It's just it's just a part of me, you know what I mean. Yeah, Yeah, we'll see, you know, we'll see what I can sneak out. Sneak out.
Speaker 1: I think the uniform has to be hung, framed and on your wall, right yeah, like that, Yeah, exactly right there on that wall. That's right there. Ed, Then, what is something you can tell me about that you're working on just for yourself.
Speaker 2: I worry a lot about expectations, and that's something like I'm truly working on. But if I, if I honestly had the ability to just pop that out there and give it some love and tell it what it should think and feel, I'd be a very happy man. I mean it's just hard. You know. Expectations is weird, you know, and it grows from from rumors or it grows from from just people talking with each other, and you start to you start to feel the expectations, and you start to imagine expectations, and you're like expecting people's expectations of you. You know. It's it's a it's a spider web of negativity, and I'm I really want to be out of place where I can feel confident enough to know which of these expectations I have to care about and not.
Speaker 1: You know, so is it kind of like a fear of not living up to people's expectations.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. My my therapist she told me disappointing people is part of like the contract of life. Like that's just that's part of it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: People will always be be disappointed in one way or another. That's nothing, there's nothing you can do about it. In that sense. You have to like make sure that you don't disappoint yourself.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, putting yourself first.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's something I think a lot of people can relate to. And I think, you know, Piggy Backing off of that, it's also having the ability in life to also say no and to again prioritize your help and your well being.
Speaker 2: It's very important to set boundaries and to build that like integrity. It really is, and it doesn't matter like who you are. It's always important because you deserve to have your own boundaries, you.
Speaker 1: Know, oh one hundred percent. I mean, can we just get a quote book from you? Because I feel like in the interview today you have given us so many beautiful, well spoken, eloquent nuggets of wisdom on that I just want on my coffee table.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, I'll make I'll make a coffee mug for you with all these quotes on.
Speaker 1: There we go. That would be a perfect way to begin every morning. Edvon I am. I am so just in awe of your talent and of you as a human being. I think that you have a huge, huge, huge career ahead of you, and the fact that you're so grounded and in touch with the things that are important in life is only going to serve you for the better of my friend and I just I just love chatting with you.
Speaker 2: That's nice, Thank you, Tommy. I really enjoyed chatting with you. You're a You're a very nice human being. So much fun. Oh god, I feel safe.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that. That's the best compliment ever. I love that so much. I've Never Said This Before is hosted by me Tommy Didario. This podcast is produced and edited by Mike Coscarelli, and executive producers are Andrew Paglici and Katrino Norvel At iHeartRadio. I've Never Said This Before is part of the Elvis Durant podcast Network on iHeart Podcasts. For more, rate, review and subscribe to our show and if you liked this episode, tell your friends. Until next time, I'm Tommy Dederio.