Speaker 1: Come see me. Thank y'all getting this free, y'all kissed my getting my paster. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. We were just in super shape and we would see dogs. You don't have to go down the middle with some real ools, right right, right right. I can't be a fan out here. I know you love him. You gotta bust his ass though without murder ado man.
Speaker 2: I want to introduce one of the greatest power forwards ever to play the game. Everyone welcome, Kevin Garnett.
Speaker 1: KG.
Speaker 3: You wont the goal in two thousand. Yeah, back in those days, it wasn't It wasn't really no international stars. I was not like it is now, not even close. I don't know if they was as big, but internationally that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Was younger. You still have guys like Shane Hill, Oscar Schmidt. You had oh g yeah, you had a shoppists was still playing. You got some man Yasa cabbages from Luka Moenia you remember him. No Luca and no Jokics though it didn't matter. Though it didn't matter. You had Sabas who was our thirty five playing like he was. I don't even know what to call that. He was like a Jokis before, Yo, do you feel what I'm saying? And these teams were deeper, bro, and was nice and it was super physical. You know, it's still we in two thousand, bro, so they were still it's still hard files, it's still they playing international the lanes of water. So yeah, we were just in super shape and we were some dogs. So you know what I'm saying, We're American. Fuck let them fuck. All right, That's how we was going in there. And then let me tell you something. Olympics is all game banger. You go through the village, yo. So I'm gonna go ahead and say something playing gonna say. But yeah, So the dopest part about the Olympics, y'all the day one when you get there. They got a place that only the athletes can go. So you come into village. Miray Allen, Jason Kidd and Dice walk through the village. On the first day, we go to the game room. This game room is probably about ten thousand square feet. He's got games, he's got everything you can do in here. Everybody is in the middle hitting the table. Every athlete that's in the that's in the Olympics is in this room hitting the table. As we're walking in, it's dorms. It's look like apartments, like townhomes. But everybody got a Brazilian flag. You look over here, it's the sweetest flag. And this you see niggas and speedos. The girls walk like it's it's it's it's it's about a thousand people just walking around walking with a Dominican flag. Porter it's this. We're going here. Everybody hitting the tailor. It's a small dude. You can't even see him. He got a trash can he walking, he walking. Finally he gets to this big old bowl on the table. You don't even notice it's a bowl. The man dumps about ten thousand condoms in the middle of the f and then and then as he gets side of the way, you can't even see him. No mochus. After about thirty seconds, it's not a condom in the in the cracking, it cracks so hard. Security got us out of that. It's like, no, you got to get y'all out of here. And they didn't let NBA players in the in the village because so influential, so influential and so fucked tonight. I don't know. They got us out of there. So fast. I'm talking about NBA Secure. You remember Horsember Horse a horse security. He's like, oh no, we got to eat all out of the arm So they will always have the players and all of us like ninety minutes away with the ladies and all that, and then they have the Olympic village. But it was one of the best towns in my life.
Speaker 4: Dog.
Speaker 1: When you come out and you walk out and you represent your country, y'all put the flag up. Mare Australia talking that shit. Oh yo YOI the ni got torpedo. It was a kid. It was a kid. They caught the torpedo because he had like a seventeen foot him and Michael Phels was talking, yo, we go man show to mart mad maybe we're gonna get your fucking lunch to Mart Made, Michael Felt was like, fuck y'all were in Maryland US. We was like like, what yo? It was? It was like almost World War three in the what country was bro? We getting ready to walk out, you know, how to introdition and they hold the camera look in the back. You gotta wait, but it's it's friction back there. I'm getting it. Lord. We're finna play, y'all. Yeah, and then they fin the race. They finna swim, they fin. So it's a bunch of that back there. Bro. It was like what is this? But then I saw Serena and Venus and then Michael I was like, oh, were about to get it in and Americans Ye, gang gang, And it was a whole nother field and it had a true like like like you feel me like it was like some true representation like we over here in Australia, we're gonna have to ride as Americans, so we're gonna have to all stick together. But it was a great time because then you come out, you bite and go. You talking that ship, but they talking that ship too. Yeah, but ain't biting gold though it ain't biting gold. You know. You know there's levels to this ship that it is. Man it is and you know what. All the athletes, man, everybody's aggressive. You see them big volleyball Brazilian volleyball players. They looking and you looking at everybody, look dangers. Don't nobody know how to speak no language, but you feel me. Everybody feel energy, speak the energy. If you can ever go to the Olympics, go to the Olympics, Bro, it's a boom boom experience. It's a great experience. It's a great experience.
Speaker 2: You've been someone to win obviously, and we'll get into it later, but you won Olympic gold. You bit the gold. You know what what was that like? Because like you said, it's not just the NBA, this is the world stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it was. It was the one time that we all put out egos aside winning as one common grow to win it and that was it. Nobody cared who did what, nobody cared who scored. What it was about just winning. Hey, let's go ahead and blow them out. And Jay Kid shout to j Kid man because him and GP was the perfect guards that you had to have to go in like two town niggas listen, straight up town business right, two town niggas to GP used to lead the huddle every now, look at mane we American man. I don't want to hear no say man, Man, we're gonna sit down and buy. And that's how he Listen. Listen, look at man. Get on front, y'all to get a get get in front of the trap you found, get your hand on everything fell. Slide them, slide them, your fellow, slide them, slide them turn your slide, listen, listen, And I was here for it. I was here for had he had us g P and J Kidd had us on ten on ten you hear me was on. We was on.
Speaker 2: That was the Olympics that Dents dunked over old boy and yours hit in the face.
Speaker 1: So listen, ship we had a bounty out on, y'all mean, first cat to dunk on, y'all mean million dollars. So ever he's trying a million man, we all said first, can we all put our hand in there? Listen. I think it was Dice myself. It was like six other people that had to you know what I'm saying, like, we catch him Familia cool. So he was like cool cool, and y'all mean one playing that ship boy, y'all mean, was laying man, you hear me, trying to lay your ass out? Why he felt it like, yeah, y'all trying to shoot on me out here. He filed his ass out. But man with BIS caught, Vis caught the Vince caught the boy in France. He didn't want he didn't want any problem, so I thought he was asking gonna challenge it. It was worse when he know he's seventy four, and he curled. He curled up and listen, man, I say he wiped his ass in real time. Boy, he wiped his ass with the frenchman.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, that man never made it after that. We never heard that man buried that man. That man, so he listened.
Speaker 2: He got drafted the New York Knicks to pick before roun Our Test went roun Our testot. He was going to the Knicks, but he had a fucked up story where he got drunk and didn't go to the workout.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: They picked the dude that Vince dunked over instead of running around with the Chicago at the next pick.
Speaker 1: So that's what happened to him. Never knew that, never knew that. I think they got I think they put him in massive square. He was going up and down selling like peanuts or something, and I don't think you actually got a chance to put a jersey on. I had new Perk against perk perk, and I used to play like we used to bang, I mean, like really have issues with each other to where I had to ask people like, yo, you know we're coming over. The perk gonna be okay, because man, you don't know, like when we go at it, we really about to fight. He'd be like, you know how like if one person like years over fail, you know gonna wait, you know, come down like that. I was like, why this little hot haired nigga likesga coming out here like cool, you trash? I'm not gonna interact with you, Nigga, Like who is this? Not knowing that he's coming out of high school. He's looking up to me, trying to He's trying to you know, we're trying to trying to raise ship. I raised it, but I'm like that, who is Nigga? Who? Kendrick?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 1: Nobody? Nobody? I gave him twelve Like real quick, I'm better get this nobody off me out here. Who you talk? I ain't no nobody you want? Yeah, yeah, yeah saying nigga, what you're saying, Speak up, nigga, bean I head buddy, speak up, nigga. You ain't talking loud enough. Nigga. We both got texts, you know what I'm saying. But I'm but I'm going turn the t on that team. They bunch of young cats our jeffinitit. So I'm here golden and they ship throwing it please know that ship out of here mind. You know what I'm saying, it's messing with him seeing what you know what you know he was so they you know, as we say, see if he's gonna scratch Yeah, they scratched it. Okay. Yeah, I like these young cats. I knew what I had with that, you know what I'm saying, because it was a whole bunch of young guys coming up in the league that we was needing to have some young guys that kind of you know, met that too. So it was good show him and MJ going at it. Yeah, they going at it. But in the time I would come out, you know, if I'm being honest, it was just it just in the rhythm of the game. So it ain't really nothing too crazy. But he got it going. So I'm just doing somebody keep going tight whatever, right because you know it's the bulls. So this is when they was the bulls. So as we going into it, I was like, man, keep killing that motherfucker. Man woo. So I just kid on by myself. He understands I'm young, and wow he let me. Yeah yeah yeah. So when I go off, he like so I hear him and MJ talking like, yeah, dude, ain't nobody really saying that the mic like this. You know, Mike's so heavily respected that you know what I'm saying. So I'm just on some young bo like so I'm like, yeah, so I double back ball. Ain't out yet? Yeah, yea dad. So when I came back with it, yeah, keep kicking his ass and then try to get out of there. He was like, what is this saying? And then he was like, nah, he don't know how we you know what I'm saying. So he was like and then I started them get a little extra aggressive with the conversation. Oh shit, what So he was like, hold on, don't look at me. And that's all I heard you say. When I said that, I saw studying body language and yeah the rest is history.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Crazy.
Speaker 1: What did he say to get you in the hot seat? Nah? Nah no, no, no, he was asking. He he asked me. He asked, y'all what I said, and then Jay, y'all said, he repeated he said, and then he kind of looked at me and kind of put the hands on the hip like what did you say? I said, nigga, keep kicking his ass. You busting this motherfucking ass and adapted when we daptok and I had to go, you know, I went back hover with MJ.
Speaker 7: Had you repeat it? He said what he says? Then he said he was right there. That's the that's the PG version, right, I mean the yard version is Yeah, I mean I used to have good games against Mike. I was quiet though, fact right, you don't want to make my sh up. So he asked me prior to playing against the Bulls, like, how you be.
Speaker 1: Doing against Mike.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I get my twenty three, twenty four, twenty five, twenty six.
Speaker 1: Is you know what I mean? I hold my own all my own.
Speaker 7: So we're playing and going to the four. I got about nineteen something like that. I'm having I'm having a good right on Pays. I'm having a good game right right on Pays.
Speaker 1: I'm watching it. Sh and he in Chicago. He's serving Scottie.
Speaker 7: He's really all around in that game, one of his breakout games.
Speaker 1: I feel point give Scotty.
Speaker 7: So I'm gosh, I got Scotty in the stands. Yeah, he was on some the Chicago Oakland Ship.
Speaker 1: He was hyped.
Speaker 7: To the roof talking that gang of ship and he's listening. It's quiet. He said, man, you keep going that, Mike and keep going that. That motherfucker and Mike right there, and we've been hyped all game.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: Shit, I went based like dunked on Mike and I think robbing or something. Right right, he came through the middle, dumkd on loop loop Luke Longley ansty and this way, yeah, we was we was we was talking ship, we slapping hands. You know, we wasn't quiet. We was handing our right were young? Wow but young and wow? But but okay, order had tiunt store. Yeah, absolutely quickly walk out the time out. You keep killing this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Man. I hear him right, you know what I mean. I hear you. I'm looking back when he'll do that, and I'm like, you keep killing mother fuck he can't fuck with you. Dog.
Speaker 7: I was like, I was like, right right, right, right right, you know what I mean. Mike standing with a flyers it by the way, right right, young this is my third season, this is first season, so I'm young too. I'm I'm with the ship, you know what I mean. And that's how I played. So we we vibe right away, you know what I mean. So but I'm like, man, this Mike Man. I grew up on Mike Man. I remember seventh grade having the shoes on stuff like that. That dude to give you fifty real fast, right, So I'm like, uh right, right, then he doubled down, triple down. I think, say it again, man strong for this motherfucker right, keep killing this motherfucker man right, And you know, KG, he.
Speaker 1: You know, he right here, you hear me, you know what I mean? So he ain't giving me nothing, know, he like yeah, right right right, really get off and don't get pimped.
Speaker 5: So I get them and Mike right here, Mike right here on the back. So Mike right here like on the back. Len he on the back lid like oh yeah yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: In the back yea like old grandfather to the bubble gum. And right there said you.
Speaker 7: Know what I mean, you ought to be in trouble, right type ship right, go get the switch right right, switch a leatherbelt on the switch? Which one you want?
Speaker 1: Right up? So we walked by and Mike looking at me and looking at KG and looking at me.
Speaker 7: So my spider instinks told me, you know, to go a little closer to the mic and holler at him, right, I said.
Speaker 1: Cool down a little bit, so this way he got that understanding. I said, hey, Mike, man, the boy man, he don't he don't really know what time it is. You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: He don't know the name of the game. You know what I mean, Mike said, Mike an't really paying attention. He hear me, but he like killer mode, so it's not registering. I said, it's too late. I didn't know, you know what I mean. I said, you know, he don't know what you talking about. Man, Just you know, if they're talking being you know how it be. Man, You know what I mean. He don't know what's up. You know what time it is? He's like, okay, all right, all the game started. All I know is they usually run triangle.
Speaker 1: None of that. I'm on him.
Speaker 7: And it seemed like the shake Catino and stevieed to work. It seemed like everybody disappeared. I felt, everything by yourself. I'll buy myself by yourself.
Speaker 1: Right. So he had done that the whole game. So he caught the ball.
Speaker 7: When he did, I don't know what the way, it was a little sign that they had and everybody moved out the way right right. He did it four or five times in a row. Bucket yeah, foul, yeah, and one and jump. I jumped high, so he is he had that fade away. He'd be leaning his foot like his foot of touch you you know what I mean. He'd be leaning right and I'm on my I hit hands and one. I said, damn right. That was about his knife and ten points straight, you know what I mean. So he wasn't done. Bam, found bam and even hell you're by yourself then he here, he was hitting about two tough shots. He ran off about fifteen sixteen seventeen word word business yea, yeah, yeah, that was about about fourty. Yeah, he was straight fifteen straight eye sols that we could do noth I come back and we come back. Yeah, we'll come back. It's a timeout. We out of breath.
Speaker 1: We out of breath, not like like you can hear you can hear us.
Speaker 7: I'm like, man, this is motherfucker KG talking ship to motherfucker right right, nobody talk to fucking Mike.
Speaker 1: Man. I gotta guard this motherfucking you know what I mean. Right, That's when he was crazy. No man, my fault, jay, my fun man. I said, oh good, man told you shut the funk up. Man, it's Mike nigga. I gotta guard him at anybody ship like and then it hit me. I was like, damn, that was real. I ain't went out there, are you right?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 7: It was a little defeated Mike talking ship like y'all doney'a ain't even gonna fight back.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh god it you got Oh yeah yeah, y'all done, like you got it? Man's like, man, I was telling him they keep blessing the niggas. He wasn't giving me nothing back day. I wanted him to give me some o yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I want some wild ship like right right right right, like right right, like right right, I got it kg right here, Mike.
Speaker 7: I can see y'all right, we played hoop right, I can see peripherals, peripherals right. So I'm like, right, I've been Mike right there, scene right, I'm like, man's trip, you know what I mean, Like like.
Speaker 1: You know how basketball is real? Right? So Mike was one of them killers? How cold?
Speaker 7: How I feel Kobe became right, you know what I mean, I've seen you know, like so Kobe my first three years he was playing behind Eddie.
Speaker 1: He'd come in and you know, do what he do. I'm already warm.
Speaker 7: I'm grown ass man twenty five six to twenty to twenty three, right, you know so. But he had a hell of a crossover. He's fast, and he really had that killer instinct. Mike was a different animal together to me right now, I'm not trying to put nobody against nobody close. Kobe is a close thing to come to Mike, period. I think right after Mike as far as that wing play, you know what I mean, That's what I feel. But Mike had a different energy to him, and he had levels. He could turn up two three four levels any reason. Some people turn up a level of two. He turned up two three four, right, and it's real.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: He didn't play with the ball, so he not gonna cross it between the legs, you know, like the do today rock drip. About four or five times he's going, he looking right at you, and he handling his business quick, intimidating.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. We couldn't even help him because there was like two dribble, pull up, one dribble, pull up fake Jeff. It was like, and that's in back when you have to play one on one d you know what I'm saying. It was basic. And then listen, if you're at the top of the King, you buy yourself and this just think about top of the top of the three point line to the free throw line. Bro, we can't help you. So so it was like it was like it was like it was that kind of bag of work where jayawards he just had to take. But then we're going to nothing in and you know what I'm saying. You think they letting him beat job. They not calling no fouls, you know what I'm saying, And he just eating off that man. Bro shot them shot to him, yo, because it was real. It was real and that was an experience. Bro.
Speaker 2: Y'all got the numbers from the game that night. So the Bulls end up winning by three KG. You had sixteen points, fifteen rebounds.
Speaker 1: That was decent for the young boy. You feel me j R. You had twenty nine with seven. I told you, Bro, I told you, I told you, Bro. Bro, I'm bro. Bro. Listen. I felt like I was a fan. They got to sit on the beach. I got to watch one of my favorite players play every night, and then I'm watching them places Clyde Mitch Spree. I'm watching them play. You feel me, so I'm like, man, we've been in the argument in the barber shop and man j y all round and shit might be shaken. Bit. Second chewing guard in the league ship, I said, every night shit he posting people up, blah blah blah. Man, mother like shit, I told you had twenty nine broad knew that besides not matter in your game. Who did you watch growing up? Like, who did you watch? Chris Webber and big dogs watched. Yeah, even though she was like still like kind of like right there, I can where it was like the oak. I wanted to be like where where it was like this big ass like Charles Barkley, but chalkoling to web your webs where one laying nothing up. Web had these huge ass hands and he was dunking on. You got a crazy story. And I first got in the league and I played against webb Yo. He caught it and the look and he shot a jump hook and the look and he shot the jump and I looked at him and Sam Mitchell right after he right after he right after the jump hook on, I had to take it out whatever he came up and he slapped the ship out me. Lord slept what the ship. You can't do that out here. Can't be a fan out here. I know you love him. You gotta bust his ass though, And that was the last time that ever happened. Straight up, he shapped the dog ship out of me. In the game, my favorite player shot a jump hook on him, and I was in all of it, and and I had lost it. I lost all all the fans. I had to actually put it to this lout shapped the fan out because I seen Dee and did the damn state like you seen Shaq first time that he never seen Shaq first time. First time. Man shot came out like God. I kept looking up. Meanwhile, I'm seven foot y'all. I was like, god, damn like this shack. And he talked real fastness, that country father good, everybody good? Did he always give you that the quick anser is good good? But Diesels, he's just Diesels good, good people man, you know? But yeah, man, where was I wanted to be like Web? I wanted to be a better version of Web ticket You're three toughest. You was in a some powerful era. Boy, oh man. Obviously early on you had the Barkleys and the Malones. Later on it will become you know, it's crazy, y'all. I had it. I had issues, but I had to actually go in themerom and actually really studied for Chris bosh Man, Chris Bosh and z Bo the left handed face up and ze Bo's physicality. If you wasn't if you wasn't meaning z Bo's physicality forty eight minutes, you didn't have a chance. Bro. And and the first time I play him, he literally beat me up for the offensive end. The next time I initiated the defense, I initiated the contact, had a better outing. And that's when he was in Portland and they fed him forty times a game, and it was like a spoon feed. You understand that it wasn't just either stat It wasn't where you remember when bark used to get in and hold it for twenty seconds, so z bom Man. It was tough, and it was a cross between Timmy and she Man. Timmy and she had length and uh kind of my my secret sauce was my gaming ship, being able to get you to listen and hear what I'm saying and get you to engage with me and then get you to totally not think about basketball. You want to fight, you want to go in the back. The gaming ship was a big part of me. So when I didn't get a person that would engage in the gaming ship, and now it was just skill on skill man, tim Dunky coming back, he may go baseline, fade away, Hi, Glass's come back, right hand hook, come back, fake them and you go and man, you feel me. But what would he say to you? What Timmy say to you? Just tap me? Just little ship like that. Just get on there. Just only know this, j know that when you're a shot blocker. Man, it's the worst day. I rather you say something to me. Don't don't tap me, nigga like you don't hit me on the ass. No wear though, real ship. But that was Timmy, Timmy and Phil get met and here give you that ha man. That was a tough shot, like man shot the fuck had dead God damn talk. She was just draws up doc you and just talking ship. She was, oh, no, right here, let me, oh I got one. Just he's with us. Yeah he had the Gaman ship too, though. She to call your move out, Yeah, don't put it down. I know you want to go based out the fame like this, like ship like this, Bro. When I played guys like that Dog, it was like, okay, let me go ahead and keep the button. It's a masterclass, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And now now is this for that?
Speaker 1: But yeah, man, it was. And then too where everybody don't know is that who the guys that were not naming they were tough too. Every night McGrady I wasna say. McGrady was one of mins.
Speaker 2: T Max was one of my said who's who's who's your Mac? Mellow and Code and you, I think that's leading out, Bron, that's leaving out. That's leaving out, Paul, that's leaving out d Wade, that's leaving out.
Speaker 1: We're talking about tough to when you go to the back and you're like, give me a second, I need ice on my shoulders and ship Lord, let me ask you something. Tramp Man, I'm sitting there thinking about ma and Mellow played like Zach Randolph. I'm just listen and Mellow they get it. He would roll to the uh, to the to the post and then it was a wife for the rebound. Mellow was probably the most wild last nigga on offense too. Though, sure super wild, no no package for the three spot. He was wild. Bro. He was like Ruben Patterson, but on the offensive end. Bro, y'all know Rube. If y'all know Ruben Patterson, he was. He was like the new Jerome Kersey. You hear me, they did. They called no place for Ruben Patterson. He would end up with fifteen eighteen. You hear me, want some work at looking, man? I don't want to look, man, I don't want to have to U.
Speaker 6: Benching like three fifties and ship like that. Remember them Cincinnati motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Nanny Forces. You remember the killers that was in the league. Remember Danny Forston.
Speaker 6: I tried to take off on Danny Forest and he caught me in there, back down on the ground in the preseason.
Speaker 1: I kind of gently. Danny Forrest was a real killer boy. He was man boy. He was six club afterwards, straight up? And why are you doing training? Capt your smoking black of Miles. I was like Danny the uh I never used to be.
Speaker 6: Was this the first time real killer in the league? Just catch humans and put him down? Just caught me, put me down, raise his hand fault.
Speaker 1: Tell me what it was like? You no making your Hollywood that you want get a chance to work with man that bambooze. They told me I was gonna have like a little cameo in and so you think you gonna show up video self play a part, and uh, it was that simple. I had the time to be able to do it. And at first I was like, let me let me hear the movie first. So I had to read the southeas brothers and we all had to meet big. They were super nick fans that showed up motherfuckers like the next Really, y'all ain't got no room to talk right now, right. We kind of did that for the first five to ten minutes. But then they was real dudes. They was real cool. They was embedded in the coach. I had seen a couple of their projects. I had been a fan. Didn't know that that was them. They did the jay Z video that I was a huge fan of. I didn't even know. I just started to learn like these new intangibles about it, you know. And then they started taking me and walking me through this whole scenario of the movie, and it was just about me being myself. So just the first thing I thought was like, man, can I mess up? Like playing yourself, like just think about that, and I know you fuck that up. And I know being in the jury store Famelion right, who has like no I can do? You know I can do I can play myself. So that became like okay, you can do this, and then a little about little they started like piling stuff on like I was in another joint. Then I was in another joint. Then I had you know, at first I had this much to say, and then it was like this much to say. That'st thing. You know, I got a that's a credit to you that I saw he was good at It's a credit to you. He was killing I got in there. Yeah, I know, I got a little book right here. I gotta go back and forth with Adam. It's got to go like this I gotta do. I'm like, what the fuck is this? This man? Dope and ship. They was like nah, I see how you were saying. And then you've been in the jermy store before, like you know, just be yourself. So that's why it was so like natural came off natural? How was it working with Adam? He's one of my favorites, Adam listen man, I got to see Adam in his his his greatness, his element. A lot of people don't notice. And when you step on the court with Michael Jordan's for all us has been here and been there, you feel his greatness almost to the point where you like, damn it intimidated. When you checking the kicks out start see you looking at him? You look and then you gotta you know why ain't looking at him? But you feel it the arrow. That's how I felt. He was so humble, he was so chill, but then again he had a when it was an action boom, oh man, you just felt it like, oh wow, you caught the same mind. You called him looking, and you call it looking like nigga, you got lines in this and I'm like, oh shit, this is not that and you get caught up in it. But I was able to experience that right and it was. It was unbelievable. Was an unbelievable experience watching someone be great and play something and play a role and be a totally different person. It's straight.
Speaker 2: Trash talking is an art, I think probably to me, I may have missed some guys, but you and GP were the best at it. Where'd that come from? I'm in time ten, I'm gonna be top five.
Speaker 1: I always say that the trash talking, you gotta be able to back it up, right, So the first thing about trash talking is I would I would actually consider who was talking to trash and then if they have the ability to back it up to whether I was gonna actually engage with somebody. But then you got there and y'all know this. You got the trash bag nigga out here talking up nigga. Then the way you shut niggas up and you just ask something, I'm just going. It seemed like if the trash talking get to a point where I got you not talking no more, that's the worst thing you can ever do. And trash talking you have to continue. I told you to waste to go in trash talk matter what. And if you decide to continue to trash talking, keep going. You got to keep it up. So the minute I not add you out and now now you not no, you exhausted, You ain't got no more. Man, get this self this Niggaso's right, it's overd I got to step on you, and that's how it usually was. But once I start seeing the trash talk affect people, it was it was different for me.
Speaker 2: From how I used it was there someone that you loved, You knew that motherfucker back it up.
Speaker 1: Eighty was talking to you, believe it or not, y'all or Tim Duncan, Tim Duncan, sho Timmy, Tim Duncan. People would not see him verbally seeing stuff because he wasn't talking sentences. Tim Timmy would hit you in phrases, got you almost just the worst right here, nice try like subtle ship, no gangs to ship, no real hard course ship, just to subtlely to just back your ass up and put you back in like this over here, like you know. And then what really, really, what really really really pissed me off was when the trash tark wasn't affecting him. So now you spending all this energy trying to rise us up, you know, forgot about your own game. You forgot about they coming to you that you're supposed to do. And then that's when I actually quit talking trash to Timmy because he wouldn't respond or wouln't give me the reaction I was. I can't really get hype off. This thing ain't even giving me nothing even looking now, you know, starting you know, doing a little you know, the shoulder ship and he will react to that. Yee. You know, Timmy got twenty twenty fifteen. So then I started changing that, you know what I'm saying, And then it was natural too. Sometimes you just you went to it, you know, you dogs meet in the middle of and to be what it is. So you know, I didn't understand that.
Speaker 3: Sometimes with Tim, I used to come out of the game me Pop just screaming and him cursing him, and I'm sitting down there.
Speaker 1: And You're letting this motherfucker talk to you like this, you Tim Duncan, and he's saying nothing.
Speaker 4: So when Pop come to me, I gotta be like the fucking I say, Tim Duncan taking it.
Speaker 1: I gotta take you gotta take it. But it made me a better player, It made me coachable, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But at first, soon as Pop point, man, you better get the fuck out of my face, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I see you going off on Tim, I gotta be able to take. I watched Gary Payton controlled Karen Payton and Charles Barclay was two of the arguably best trash offers I ever experienced. I saw Gary Payton control the referees, his coach, my coach, the crowd, the lady in the front, the guy who's on the side of the Minnesota game, sitting the buck. He was controlling the whole game. That's magical. I watched GP back down the guard from uh baseline, the baseline, talking the whole time.
Speaker 8: Shut your ass up, throw up, twist, Hey, get his ass here here, Hey, come up.
Speaker 1: Hey. You see the hand on the hill calling, if you see he just.
Speaker 8: Finally him, I'm like, managing all this talking to me, he calling to play.
Speaker 1: He throwing the buck like yo, and still scoring the ball, stealing the ball, affected in the in the huddle, he in the huddle, he got the thing, he drawing it up. I'm like, yo, GP to me was like masterful. Charles Barkley was another level of trash talking because he would end up fighting you for trying to fight you. But he instilled fearing everybody on the court. Gary Payton actually used it to get fouls, to get his teammates files, to get guys in and out. Like he was just he was just a control free you know. And if you went to a part of with Gary, he was doing the same thing.
Speaker 8: What a dream set y'all a drinking shots over the hill, get them out of feet, man with them.
Speaker 1: Right, This is GP. This is just w GP. Yeah, Yeah, I saw it, you know, so I guess that would kind of be my example of if the yeah GP was kind of my example of what I wanted to But I give Gary shout the GP man. We was in everybody's talking about the twenty anniversary events winning the Dunk contest in Oakland. Right, But y'all don't know is that Kobe Bryant rest in peace to my dog. He took another level of being a defensive standpoint because Gary Payton, after practice, after practice, all star practice pulled us to the side because Cold dashed him something. They pulled both of us to the side, said let me tell y'all something. Look when you're playing defense, And then he went through a thirty minute joint with both of us on defense and keeping us between the land and reaching and how to reach and when you reach up and just low tricks of the trade. That next time I saw Cold after the break he was using came first team that year. First time I seen him, I said, he used that ship, GP. Saw I caught that ship. But I knew that only the three of us was part of that. So I was like, you got you saw I was gonna call a fight and caught that ship. Wow, Because GP taught us when you rip somebody to go through that chests versus usually your hand. You see this right, He told us to take a step and come through your chest and come and then round out. There's no way you can protect the ball. You can't cross it back once you get it. Once I'm in your cab, you can't cross it up. You even't have to turn your back. Oh man, I saw cold take that first night after the break. I saw it. You know, we want no text or none of that back then. But when I first saw my shot, stayed it right here. When I saw him, he knew exactly what I was talking about. After GP for that, you know, we heard rumors.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you even even heard the ship, but we it was word that we were going out for you for a whole package, and you were supposed to come complete us as our centerpiece to our crazy Did you hear that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I heard about y'all man. This So we've been we've been talking about this for years. We spoke on this all the time heard it, like when we heard on the team was.
Speaker 4: Tripping, sending anybody there KG, sitting the whole team to coach anybody we need KG listen.
Speaker 1: I never know you knew about it. I looked at it like this. I was like, man, I got one chance at this, right I had I had Uh, I had Oakland, I had Phoenix, I had the Lakers, and I had the Celtics, and uh, I'm just being honest with everybody. I wanted link with Cold because Cobe and I had like a listen to me, COVID and I had like a different, a different connect Like when Covid Shaq went went went on their little thing. A lot of people went with Shack. A lot of people didn't even fuck with Cold, you know, Cold whatever. One of the very few that just stayed with him. And just see, I was a neutral guy anyway. I show everybody love you Cold love dog, but Cold respect dogs like like like real like real cats. Start. If you ever notice, he never really got into it with somebody that he really respected, you know what I'm saying. Like I watched when you and him went out and you threw the ball, he flinched. It was a form of respect there that he was they was talking, Nobody noticed what they was talking. Same thingous like thy god, wish it with him with this ball, you got more respect than me than that. So him and Matt was I already knew that, But players know this, and then you already know who I'm If we get into it and we get to tech, it's verbal, we bumping, we bumping. I'm already knowing what he's saying to me without even talking. So that's how we used to real shit, like not even thinking. That's how players actually was talking to dealing with each other. So whenever I would watch him get into it with somebody and he actually would get into it, it was either because he didn't respect them and it went like that, or respect him and then win a whole other way. Yeah, people don't know.
Speaker 2: That's how Like when we got into it in twenty ten, the Ball faked ship like he was the first person to call me free agency, like, yo, you want to come be your laker?
Speaker 1: Anyone crazy enough to fuck with me?
Speaker 2: It's crazy, And he went and got round the year before when Ronins and Houston, He's like, I'm tired of wrestling with you crazy motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Come fuck with me. I tried the link waiting and I couldn't get him on the line. And uh, people was like, yo, man, ship man, let's do what do shit? You know a picture? You you know what I'm saying. And Chauncey and Tlou we used to all work out together in LA and we was all together in Minnesota. When they say that you can go talk to people, that's when they're done with you. They give you permission to go talk to other teams. And when they give you permission to entertain mother other options, they over you move on. So y'all don't know, Yo, I get up at like four thirty. You know why I get up at four thirty because I live in LA and it's a cat in New York getting up at seven. He up already working already. Actually, if he got up at six, I'm an hour and thirty behind this cat. So I used to think, like this amri in New York. It's some cats on the East Coast. They already working in Atlanta. Damn, I'm late. So I used to hit the beast like four point thirty, and then I used to you know, I used to go through all us with the workout and then the gym, and then I'm done by like twelve, right, And then I used to think like, damn, yo, they don't even respect that nigga get up and do this every day like this, then they're gonna let me do. So I started losing appreciation for them appreciating me. I was like, you know what, somewhere somebody else gonna show you some love, you know, or show you hope. So and then I sat with Chauncey them because they used to meet me in the workout in the middle of the workout when we went to the gym, and they was like, Chance's like, Dad, you gotta get off that shit. Him and t Lou was just sawing me like, yo, you gotta this your chance to go get with somebody. You can give them somebody real, you can man that same shit you doing the soda boy, you gonna put there with somebody else, boy, you you know what I'm saying. So I was like, shit, I shout at Cody even he picked the line up, you know what I'm saying. So T lew and cold close. So he was like shoot at him again, see what he a So I shot it. He hit back, So I had to make a decision coming down and then you know, I'm making decisions by my selfish it. So this is the first time I got to I'm talking to my my wife at the time, and I'm like asking her like She's like, go with your gut. So I was like shit, Danny Ainge flew in and he just got right to it and showed the vision and the vision he was saying. You ever have somebody talk to you and as they talk to you, you can see what they're saying so much that you're not even looking at them no more, but you see it. That's how he was painting, and he was ra Picasso. And this is Danny Inge's greatness in him being able to lure you in his charming ass. You know what I'm saying. I didn't even know he was finessing me and we was doing that, you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, sauted like a mom from right. But then what I did know I had watched him a couple of times and when I first saw film of Rondo in Massive Square Guard, he got the crazy clip of he scored the ball. I think he stole it and didn't get an N one and something. So I saw that, but I thought his name my A D d As thought he was African and some ship. So I was like, yeah, what's up with the little African guards. You're talking about Sebastian. Yeah, I know Sebastian. I'm talking about the little the little African nigga so African. I was like, yeah, uh, you know June or something. He was like like, you're talking about race John, You're talking about Rondo. Like yeah, Rondo, you gotta keep you gotta keep the African kid.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I come to the boss, you gotta keep the African kid because he was in the package. I was like, he's like, I think he's gonna no, we can't do it. Then, and then I actually called Steve Nash just to the courtesy, and I guess the call he kit me back was like, yo, if you come down here, we need you to take a major pay cut. And I was like, okay, if I come down there, I'm playing with you. I'm playing with you and us Mari right yeah, I think they're gonna give a Mari up for you and and and Sean. And I said, SOHD me me and you. It's like yeah, I was like, so I got to pick a pay cut and then I gotta get back in this position. And we in the west tow y'all, So this ain't you know. I'm sitting here like, man, think about all this ship, you know what I'm saying. So I just sat on it. It's like, you know, I'm going to Beantown. Plus it's the East Coast. Ain't playing the East Coast. You ain't give us a thumb. When I looked at all my options was at the bottom. Respect, you know what I'm saying. Because I was seeing how y'all was, But I needed I needed a superstar in that whole mix. You always you're always like some bandits. You always like the y always like the little the little rats on City of God running around stealing shot. You know what I'm saying. You have to respect them little niggas. You know what I'm saying, the rats, y'all. Y'all know City of God rat the little niggas, and that they are. Man, they was little hood looms. They ran the street. That's how y'all was. Clay Joe's like, oh man, they switch everything. They got this on orthodox. You thinking, Steven here BALOWI he stopping here in the three now get up. He ain't dunking it like it was just so unorthodox at the time that y'all had had the whole league like off the square like and then it's like they look like they just having fun. I can't come over there with my serious as everything. You know what, I'm just looking at it like I don't want to play against.
Speaker 4: You know, on the inside were looking at it like boy, imagine KG with pace beaches with KG. It's a difference, wow, with all us on the outside actually having somebody thought it because you know, had to go out yall.
Speaker 1: Men like that, and then y'all don't know, Man, I was suffering. But when y'all mean turn it's really nothing nobody can do. Y'all like like y'all was jump shots like all the way up here, like you like on the turnaround, You're like, man, it's what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: You have two days off after we played, y'all get it. And you know what I used to actually keep him out the pain.
Speaker 1: If you do if you do your work early, and that's the that's the kind of the lingo and where you don't let them come down and sit on the blocks. Y'all mean can damned to be at the three pole line and do the same turnaround and hit it like it was nothing. Y'all was touch all man. A shot that y'all mean man, that would be another y'all mean like that man he was. He was something special y straight up. But I ended up doing the Boston thing. And then on draft night they got Ray and uh it made the whole deal a lot sweeter and we was we was going after that bro. I knew we was going, no bullshit. I knew he was gonna win that ship. The first time I we stepped into like the first like you know how like September coming you all work out together, and I saw how the how that ship was. I had never been in like our first workout with guys I had never played with, and it was just it was just, it was just it was just And then the guys we was playing against the change posey fucking like we were just playing a bunch of the next Eddie House, a bunch of just Tony Allen Man go get us big Perk, Leon poere Nate won there yet just the first year we was all together and it was just I heard Folk come in I heard folk tell the story about when we first played you know what I'm saying, like it was, but the synergy was that day one I knew. I knew we had a chance to get somewhere that we was not normal. From when I was doing this, this wasn't normal. This was above average. Right here, this is what I was looking