Speaker 1: Natively and pod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Resent Choice Media. Welcome Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Over in Atlanta and Megachurch pastors mad at a group of black.
Speaker 3: Trump supporters who went to the White House.
Speaker 4: If you were warning, what you're about to hear is extra racist.
Speaker 2: I ain't afraid of the spoots that said at the DOA, these runaway slaves hiding in the White House.
Speaker 5: I feel bad for them.
Speaker 2: It's in the White House who are in that tap dancing for Massa when bowtie and grinding, laughing like nothing, that's funny. Get out of the drove and stand with your people so that you understand that God is on our side.
Speaker 5: All right, brother, that God is.
Speaker 3: God is now here's my bee?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 6: So what Jesse Waters did was remarkably disingenuous. I brought this ups the tip because she's the one. She is our in house holding all corporate media conglomerates accountable. And this is one of those examples where they're like, remarkably just dishonest. So he cuts to Jamal's sound and you can see in the background of Jamal this clip of folks at the White house that will run.
Speaker 3: Let's row that.
Speaker 2: Here at the Black History Lunch celebration at the White House.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, and hey, hey hey.
Speaker 4: Everybody here, cash because has been conclared.
Speaker 5: That's a happy out of record role. Oh then motherfucker's accountable.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right, Jamal, Yeah, that's right. And so that's what really happened. So they're black folks are in there saying.
Speaker 1: You're holding sign all right, So roland Mark they also had signs and roland.
Speaker 3: So the only one I saw they had us you know those big print out.
Speaker 6: And it said cash Betel like it just said on the clip, cashtail can wrestle your nomination. Heads are about to roll and pull up Jamal's head. So what Jesse Waters didn't do was properly contextualize what Jamal was responding. He can't just say right, He didn't just say, oh, y'all nigroes who went to the White House, I'm mad at you, so let me step all over you in my sermon. This is after death threats. This is after police have to be called. This is after the FBI, who ain't going to open have to be called. This is after his livelihood is threatened and let's and let's be clear about the fact Jamal is newly married, so he has a role of not only protecting a flock, but also his household.
Speaker 3: So you have put this man in a position where he's got to fight back and just in self defense. He didn't play none of that.
Speaker 6: And I think what makes this worse and it adds insult to injury, is that these people look like us. And this is why we say all skin folks. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what when I hear about this, what I when I think of when I hear about this, Because honestly, that's, you know, kind of lightweight for Fox News. That I mean, they constantly spit out a bunch of hateful lies and rhetoric.
Speaker 4: They're not a real news outlet, you know, it's a propaganda network.
Speaker 1: So that's not the worst thing I've heard on Fox by far, That's not the worst thing I heard on Fox News. I think what it raises for me is this issue of violence. Yes, and I think the message that people in America are getting is that you can break any law, you can do anything you like, as long as it is in fealty to Donald Trump, you will likely be able to get away with it. That's concerning for me. One, I have a brother who's a truck driver, who is constantly on these roads alongside Maga loving truck drivers.
Speaker 3: For you guys out you know you have kids.
Speaker 1: For my friends with with adult children out there, I mean, we've seen the violence that happens with us on Obama's watch. You know, when when laws have been changed, they've murdered our children. You know, body cams have done nothing. They just gave us a better view of them murdering our men and women and and and babies. So I think we have to brace ourselves for what's coming.
Speaker 4: You know, I got it.
Speaker 1: I had this thought when we were on the main show. I got an idea for a mini pod. I don't know what I'm talking about. Those we might need an expert, but I'm real legit thinking our entire is all of these shit cauld this fall. So what do we do if we're knocked off the grid?
Speaker 6: You know, if there's some terrorists that went out yesterday and I had a panic attack because I thought the grid.
Speaker 4: I thought, this is my point.
Speaker 1: So when we're not it's not just your power, it's your phone. So we can't text and say Angela, Are you okay?
Speaker 3: Andrew?
Speaker 4: Where are you?
Speaker 3: What is the plan?
Speaker 4: Where do you go? If your kids are at school? How do you get them?
Speaker 1: Roads are crazy. I've been in DC when there's been a terrorist attack and there's been an earthquake. You can't drive anywhere like you're on foot. So I think a doomsday MINIFI because I feel like we're ed. Yes, what is our doomsday plan? Should terrorism find its way here?
Speaker 3: That's going to be her solo pie because I can't have my nerves bad.
Speaker 1: But it's not necessarily me because I don't know what I'm talking about, Like maybe that's someplace we can have an expert or you know something. But I'd be curious your plans, you know, something to think about, like how would you get to your parents?
Speaker 4: Where would you go? Like where should we go? I don't want to just be talking randomly.
Speaker 5: I want to What I really want to know is what are you watching now on TV? Because it sounds to me.
Speaker 3: That I just finished lying there wasn't it good?
Speaker 4: It was good?
Speaker 3: I did not get the read.
Speaker 6: And by the way, you haven't talked about Jami yet, but real quick, I didn't get to read that.
Speaker 3: It was as conservatively as oh, very I don't it didn't feel that way to oh almost everything they said.
Speaker 1: When when there's a scene where Nicole Kimman's character comes in and she's like she was late to a meeting and she was like, you can leave an eight ball in the west wing, but God forbid you forget your driver's license. That was ridiculous. The whole plot line of the border that like terrorists, huh because there was a eight but literally eight ball of coke found in the West Wing like two years ago through administration, I didn't even get that. And the entire storyline that terrorists are coming through the southern border and their constant reference like all this administration doesn't even know there is a southern border.
Speaker 4: You know there is not fair.
Speaker 5: It was a strong defense of the military state than it was of a political ideology, the international defense propaganda. I mean the writer of it is a is a veteran who.
Speaker 3: I was like the mill I was like industrial complex.
Speaker 6: Yes, Like I was like if the if contractors ever needed something to justify their exist this.
Speaker 5: You don't know who the producers of the show are.
Speaker 4: They're extremely I mean, I don't need.
Speaker 5: But my guess is is that I don't have to guess very hard, which is all the time these folks put these kinds of industries.
Speaker 1: Put these He says, he's not conservative, you know, he's like the fact that people say, I don't.
Speaker 5: Think he's a conservative. I think the military company.
Speaker 6: I think it's military too. I definitely got that, Jamal, you want, I mean, you're not, But do you want to talk?
Speaker 5: I mean, just just just simply. First of all, the brother and his wife are constantly covered uh in prayers, and we add ours to it because this kind of derelict behavior invite the kind of violence that they can't control. The the provocateur rarely ever bears responsibility in real life. Yet where do you think these ideas get seated when you spout them. You're not You're not throwing those words out there for no meaning. You mean for someone to do it. You don't want to be the one to have it, to have it on your hands, but it is on your hands when you provoke in this way. I also have to say, very honestly, I would not take issue with Pastor Brian if his intention was to derive black folks who thought in this day and age, given the unparalleled attack that our communities collectively are under. Why you think it's okay to right now scan grand and tap dance to the music.
Speaker 3: I would not have been mad with him people who thought that about those of us.
Speaker 6: I don't think any of us went to Christmas receptions and holiday parties when Gaza Yes, right, So like I think that we've got to be careful with that.
Speaker 5: Well, I think if you are constantly advocating and protesting around an issue, and again you are telling people that this is the doomsday scenario for us, we're coming to extinction, then you ought to comport yourself to that reality.
Speaker 3: Well, they think that this is good, like the ones who were in there think this was good.
Speaker 5: But I think, of course they think it's good. The reason why they think it's good is we all know the saying on the other side of the line is shorter for us. It is not only isn't shorter, one of the reason why it's shorter is the consequence of it is you then end up with incompetent know nothings who may be blustering at best, but quite frankly, when it comes to real competition with us, they couldn't tell you they don't compete with it.
Speaker 6: You know what's so funny they didn't end up with them, because all they ended up with was an invitation to the White House's Black History Month reception. Because none of them in the White House, none of them in the case, one in the cabinet and one in the White House Office, white House counsel, and.
Speaker 5: One just got a nod or an endorsement a year or so out from the race for governor in the state of.
Speaker 3: Florida in Trump's administration talking.
Speaker 5: Don't you agree that the congressmen from Florida we would have thought would have been appointed to of course, so again the price you have to lose your soul quite literally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to find yourself quite literally. You drop some bars and I pick up on them.
Speaker 5: I appreciate because you know you'd be doing it. I understanding this is that these folks know what the possibilities are. Right, if you had a perfect if you had it perfectly away the fact that you know that you can have better, Yet you are content with the crumbs. Not just content, you are you're buoyant, You're you're jocular, and you're eating the crumbs and it's okay with you. So that's all the self defacing and self hating, and they don't have the quality character capability to truly compete. The lines too long over here, and and the.
Speaker 6: Thing is they also don't even have the influence for us to pay any attention to them. Like to me, I feel like I've been saying this mantra all week of like focus on the real fight, don't get distressed.
Speaker 4: The main thing, the main thing, that's that's what you've been saying.
Speaker 6: Oh so you no, I agree, but like I just want to And also that's just like a black idiot, that's the main thing. It's circular, but we all understand it. To me, I'm like, even even when I don't, I don't want to fight amongst us like the friendly fire, they're not as friendly fire, but they're also not worth the time, energy, strategy, expect. Like we have to be so like precisely focused in this moment. We can't be thinking about them like they like the And then side note, who the hell let them bring that big print out of Jamal's head in a way like that would never have administration.
Speaker 4: There were multiple black people that they had on these little funeral.
Speaker 3: If you they were huge the big thing actually did.
Speaker 5: Consider consider all that Donald Trump such a hexcept and all these other people have to say about de I and people of color the whole. The point that I want to make about it is is that if your exposure to us is there is visa VI them. Yes, yes, you might have walked away with the conclusion that you didn't earn where you are. You're just in this room because we you know, happen to be here shucking and jiving.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 6: The reason why they're in the room with folks who didn't earn it is because they didn't earn us the bottom of the barrel. And that's again, like I'm trying not to do no harm to black people, even when they just skin folks.
Speaker 3: We don't even have time to deal with them.
Speaker 6: They're gonna have to face God one day on why they were on the opposite side of Big Mama.
Speaker 3: I won't.
Speaker 5: I won't deal with them except to the extent that you stand in the way.
Speaker 3: I agree with.
Speaker 5: You blocked the blessings of our people, so now you fair game. But generally, I mean, we didn't want to talk about that other than the nincome poop.
Speaker 3: The other week on the Mini puplic.
Speaker 1: I know it is what it is.
Speaker 5: There is a saying in politics and in leadership and use where and I know we all know it, which is you don't punch down ever, right, never punch down? So hello, taking those folks in the into our consideration, even the folks at the White House. To me, it is a punch down. I'm punching down. However, can I just I'm punching down in my full awareness that I'm punching down.
Speaker 3: Oh we are, we are way on time.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, I'm keep getting the wrap sign So thank you guys for tuning into this week mini pod. Be sure to like, subscribe, share, Tell your friends so your cousins are your mom and them tell everybody like subscribe, share, follow us on all the platforms. You can also get our emails, text messages however you want to keep in such with us at native lamppod dot com. We are your hosts. I'm Tiffany Cross here with Angela Rai and Andrew Gillam. Don't We're getting tune into their solo pods that are happening every week, and tell people to drop to.
Speaker 4: Be sure to check out our mini pods. Subscribe to our channel. You want to have to miss it.
Speaker 5: Welcome home, everybody.
Speaker 4: Welcome.
Speaker 3: Realized Andrew has on a blue and white chest shirt.
Speaker 1: People kept saying last week they were like Tiffany, I thought Andrew was showing his bear chest too. There was so many yes because Andrew was out there showing Yeah, we're gonna follow you cooming home.
Speaker 4: Were welcome, y'all, bye, yeah the bear Chest.
Speaker 6: Native Lampod is a production of iHeart Radio in partnership with Reason Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.