Speaker 1: Three receivers right. Garrett Wilson solo left. Rogers in the shotgun takes the snap. Four man rush Bob's one left into the end zone for Garrett Wilson, one headed touch incredible.
Speaker 2: Did he get two feet down? He did not? Out of the back of the end zone.
Speaker 1: He made an incredible catch.
Speaker 3: Wow, one foot down something.
Speaker 4: His be math had handed sang his shin or his body part.
Speaker 1: There an incredible touchdown catch fight Garrett Wilson. As he got the shin down in the back of the end zone. He makes his second one handed touchdown catch of the night of the chests out of.
Speaker 2: The league, Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 4: Is that the play that turns around the Jets season, at least turned around Thursday Night Football. That was Bob with Susan and Anthony Beck on w A x Q. I am Greg Rosen here in the garage for NFL Daily and yes, joining me on this show. Seth Payne, former Houston Texans legend and.
Speaker 2: Now one of the best. Why are you laughing? Why you laughing? Seth?
Speaker 5: They call that's what the NFL calls all the retired players legends, which just so devalues that term.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, you know, I'm good. Thank you Lineman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a plugger, I tell you what that was. That was hell.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know Friday Night football promises to be and delivered on.
Speaker 2: This is the risk.
Speaker 4: Yes, and yes you can catch Seth if you're in Houston. You know him as the co host on Pain and pent Ergast, and he does a great job, one of the best out there on the local radio in the country. And it's always a risk with this thursdayday nights. You get on a guest that's kind of leaning one way or another, and frankly, it wouldn't have mattered if you were on the Jets or the Texans side. The first half of this game was ugly, but it woke up after halftime. You didn't know which way was gonna go, just the way this season is gone. You figured that Jets would find a way to lose it in the fourth quarter and the Texans would find a way to win. But that play Garrett Wilson doing his best Odell Beckham impression, And yes, it was different in many ways, but it was also a special special catch by Garrett Wilson on Kwame Lassiter they review it, they call it a touchdown and they end up winning this game twenty one to thirteen over the Texans. You're shaking your head about my comp to Odell Beckham, I.
Speaker 3: Did, no, no, no, it was a beautiful guy.
Speaker 5: I'm just now appreciating it, like haven't watched the highlight again, and it just in the moment as soon as as soon as I saw that there was any hint of the shin potentially being down, I just knew it at that.
Speaker 3: Why camera was that before or after the.
Speaker 5: Texans made the field goal but got the penalty and advanced but then missed before a goal.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's before it. It was a crazy fourth quarter. Yes, it was a crazy game. I mean, so the Jets scored twenty one points. Really they scored twenty eight because Malachi Corley dropped the ball.
Speaker 3: Three centimeters from the goal line.
Speaker 5: I said at the beginning of this game, it felt like a game that was going to be decided by who committed the fewest catastrophes, and by the second half, I think that what I said before this game in our pregame show was don't be the team that allows it to click for the Jets. For Aaron Rodgers to figure it out to get DeVante Adams going to really start to see the best version of Garrett Wilson. And they did all that in the second half, and you especially Wade Phillips has said. Wade Phillips tweeted out that it's it's hard to beat Rogers.
Speaker 3: When he knows what you're doing.
Speaker 5: And you know, I know immediately people are gonna take that as like some kind of an insult to Jumiko Ryans or anything.
Speaker 3: This is what those old quarterbacks do. They they figure you out.
Speaker 5: In the fourth quarter, he he knew he was gonna have Jalen Petrie, the safety slash nickelback slash nickel linebacker, manned up on DeVante Adams, and he took advantage of it, and he hit it. And just all credit to Aaron Rodgers. He was I don't want to say vintage Aaron Rodgers, but he was clicking. He figured out he uses a hard count really well to diagnose what the defense is doing, and he just made some clutch plays out there. And and for the Texans, this is kind of like a lot of the issues that we've seen bubbling beneath the surface. But they kept winning. But now it's all come home to roost.
Speaker 3: This was ever.
Speaker 5: The poor offensive line played big chunk plays on defense. They've been playing like a five hundred team in a lot of ways, but they've managed to win some close games. But this was It's worse than five hundred when you lose to to win football team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you, and we'll dive deep into the Texans. I want to take advantage of your expertise, your knowledge, your pain in this moment where.
Speaker 3: All the legend stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just open up your heart and really find out what's happening. But let's give let's give Rogers some love because you're right when you said was this almost a vintage Rogers game?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, what are you smoking?
Speaker 4: He was seven for fourteen for thirty two yards in the first half. But you're right, you're right. After halftime, I forget they only had three drives. They scored a touchdown on all three of them. And to Wade Phillips's point about figuring out what you're doing, I actually think he had a decent idea for part of the first half. I mean he saw when they were going press coverage on those third downs, and in general he had the one on ones and he was trying to hit him, but he just couldn't execute. So yeah, he was averaging two and a half yards per attempt. In the first half, they couldn't do anything. They fumbled one time, the Corley fumble, so they were going in for a score there. But there are other five drives in the first half. They punted on either a three and out or a four and out every single time. And the difference I think between this Texans team and the one you would have seen a year ago is the Texans would have built up a lead in that scenario. So you can blame it a little bit on Demico Ryans' defense in the second half, but it's also on the offense for not taking advantage of a Jets offense that was really struggling in the first half, but in the second half, you're right. Garrett Wilson is a special player. That two touchdowns, two one handed touchdowns. He goes nine for ninety. He won the matchups. It was with Petrie, it was with Lassiter. They were picking on Stingley for a couple drives. He struggled in recent weeks. DeVante Adams goes out for a section of that fourth quarter after he had a really nice catch.
Speaker 2: Was that on it was last?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Last stumbled at the at the gentleman.
Speaker 2: With a nice break.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was on a fourth down and he got hurt on that play. They check him for a concussion. And let's actually listen to the call because the throw to Adams on third down, where again he gets single coverage, is the one that really put the game away.
Speaker 1: Shut good Aaron Rodgers hut pre receivers right, Garrett.
Speaker 3: Wilson's solo left, she was left.
Speaker 1: Pre Sault takes the snap, Here comes the blitz, WAPs one right Adams.
Speaker 2: He's gutting at the time. Jut chuck touch down.
Speaker 1: Rogers hounks up with this old buddy double to Adams right.
Speaker 3: Down the chimney.
Speaker 1: The chutup a cheap score lead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you're not watching it on YouTube, that was three minutes to go to make it twenty one to ten on a third and three on an all out blitz.
Speaker 2: It absolutely worked.
Speaker 3: Seth.
Speaker 5: It's uh, that's one thing. The Texans defense has done some things really well, but in terms of like standing up to the test.
Speaker 3: Versus a quarterback who was good for at.
Speaker 5: Least a half of football, they don't have enough guys that can really genuinely play man. So like they've got Jalen Petrie was a safety that they moved to nickel, but he's a better nickel linebacker and doing all that kind of stuff than he is just being in man coverage on people. So they it's they just they've got the Lions next week. I'm sorry, man. I would try to play it down the middle and be professional since I'm on your I'm on your fancy podcast for the NFL dot com folks and everything, But my god, they've got they've got Detroit. I'm not an NFC guy. How's Detroit this year?
Speaker 3: Are they? Are they better than the Jets? How's a?
Speaker 4: You do have another primetime game though, right after that, which is against the Cowboys, which you know, as you know, I don't need to tell you before.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a big time rivalry game. That's that's a that's shame up.
Speaker 4: Is a big game because yes, the Texans could be licking their wounds there at six and four, and they haven't been as good as their record all year. And the thing about tonight's performance that makes me most worried is what's made me most frustrated and worried about all the season. It's the slow shook factor of c J. Stroud. That's just it's going. It's happening every week. I believe in c J. Stroud so much. I said, like three or four weeks ago, if I could just have one quarterback moving forward, including age and contract and everything.
Speaker 2: It's like, I mean, yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: Patrick Mahomes like yeah, I mean I guess so yeah.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 4: Considering age, No, I'm just saying considering age, like Stroud is so young. Like actually, I just I just love Stroud and I thought he played so well despite what was happening around him for five six weeks this season. But the constant pressure I think is starting to get to him. He was sacked eight times in this game. The pressure rate was forty five to fifty percent, but the times where he was protected in this game, Look, he doesn't have his main receivers out there. He does did look a little panicky in a way that I've never seen out of Stroud. That makes me believe what you would expect to happen Eventually, all this pressure, the accumulation, I think is maybe starting to get to him. And that really makes me mad at your offensive Cord Well.
Speaker 5: Bobby Slow, it's getting a lot of heat in Houston, like increasingly so And I don't I don't anticipate my show starts at six am Central time. I don't, I might not. I just I'm gonna do like a five hour YouTube stream. So Seth paying YouTube. It's awesome. It's a legendary.
Speaker 2: So it is really great.
Speaker 4: Everyone check out Seth on YouTube, and hell, listen to the radio show to just stream it even.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're in a misery, yeah, yeah, go ahead and just misery, listen to it in the morning, because it's gonna be miserable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is it's a concern. Look, I played with David Carr, and I.
Speaker 5: Was talking with one of my old teammates, Gary Walker about this the other day when we were at Andre Johnson's ring presentation last week's game.
Speaker 3: But like David David Carr, Yeah, you know, no big deal.
Speaker 5: David Carr, just a bunch of legends hanging around Andre me just legends, same status. So but we were talking about David Carr and David Carr you'd watch him in practice, and David Carr back in two thousand and two, two thousand and three. He makes some incredible throws in practice, but he wasn't playing behind a good offensive line. I think his the clock in his head got permanently destroyed.
Speaker 3: And you just.
Speaker 5: You worry about these guys when they're in their formative years if they're constantly on under pressure, and well, you're talking about CJ being cool under pressure that early in the game. You remember he ducked away from Hassan Redick, kind of shook a Son Reddick off, and you could see from the close up his eyes never dropped. He had his eyes downfield the entire time. So it's not like he's gun shy. But things in a lot of this, I hate to make it as simple as well, man, things will be different when if Nico Collins comes back next week from his hamstring injury. But Nico does make a huge difference in not just the deep threat, but the stuff over the middle. You know, you can you can just you can connect on a slant over the middle to Nico and he breaks three tackles and it's twenty thirty yards pretty consistently, and he just doesn't have anybody. There's no there are no big receivers right now in the receiving corps, you know, and even once Nico went down, you had Tank and you had Stefan Diggs, but smaller guys but yet which I think CJ could still manage pretty well with. But he just he cannot trust the pass protection. And we've probably talked about the left guard more in the last few weeks than we have in over a decade, and we were wondering, like, yeah, nobody wants to hear about it. I was actually thinking about you. I told you because your son's a Texans fan now, and I was like, hey, I don't know how much people are talking about this before the game, but left guard is actually kind of a big deal. Lo and behold there you go. I apologize to your son.
Speaker 4: Yeah you, I would say you ruined his Halloween, but he's a nine year old. Halloween is Christmas. It's a close second to Christmas. A Texans loss did not ruin him. In fact, as they were loose. As the Aaron Rodgers was throwing that touchdown past at DeVante Adams, he had just gotten back from chick or treating and he's out on the porch passing out the candy to the kids that are still coming by having the time of his life. He's not going to be brought down on Halloween. He We're walking on the way to school this morning and he said, this is the best time of year. Well, Christmas number one, Halloween, My birthday is second. So you know, a nine year old is not gonna get it ruined, but he would be. And I hate to think of the Texans fans who I'm not gonna say they were happy about an injury, but you did lose your left guard tonight, right right.
Speaker 3: I had Yeah, I had quite a few.
Speaker 5: I had actual dms from people kind of like expressing how guilty they felt over that situation.
Speaker 4: Kenyon Green too, who is I get confused because there's multiple Greens.
Speaker 5: There's Kay, there's two k Greens that play left guard. There's Ken Young Green and Ken Drick Green. Kendrick is the scrappy little dude that came in and played left guard. He was a center in Pittsburgh and he like he got demoted to fullback the next year his second year in Pittsburgh and like they'd given up on him as an offensive lineman. He came to Houston and actually played guard last year before he got injured and I thought was way more impressive than I expected him to be. So this year, this week, we're wondering, all right, Kenyon Green got benched in the game. Last week, Jared Patterson, the Notre Dame kid, came in for him and played pretty well for one seas reason. He got injured and we were expecting ken Drick Green to come in, but they book Kenyon Green back out there and then they rolled them out.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is this is for your five hour YouTube.
Speaker 2: This is too I.
Speaker 5: Apologize, right, Okay, this is the This is what you need to remember if you want to Jets fans, if you're watching this, like, enjoy us being miserable for a second with stupidity.
Speaker 3: Okay, last year in New York was when C. J.
Speaker 5: Stroud was concussed by quinnin Freaking Williams by.
Speaker 3: Poor left guard play. So we were terrified going into this game, and that's what happened.
Speaker 4: So Offen, Yeah, I'm and I hope you and didn't get distracted. But yeah, like I was picking up the next gen stats pass rush numbers as you were talking there to just see like the offensive lineman the pressures, and I saw these stats and a this is a this is a murder scene. Will McDonald had nine pressures, two quick pressures, so that's under two and a half seconds. Quentin Williams had seven despite fourteen double teams, despite getting double teamed almost every snap, he has seven pressures, four quick ones. So up the middle that quick, you've woken up Javon Kinlaw. I mean Laramie Tunsel gave up a big sack in a big spot. So you know there were three different times where Stroud took a sack on third down when it was third and long and they were in field goal range. He kept making those field goals longer. One of them fair Baron missed, one of them he hit and then and this is where I do want to get to. You're right, Stroud. I don't think it's something that's going to last. I don't think it's going to be David Carr. No offense to David Carr. But first of all, I don't expect this pressure to continue forever. But I also think like players go through streaks where maybe their eyes get down. But Stroud has shown us who he is already as a pro, and they'll get it corrected at some point. But whether it whether it's perfect this season or not, I don't know. I want to think about two little segments of the game. After Corley dropped that ball just felt like a big moment in the game. He has Mechi going over the middle. Stroud does after another run run pass sequence, which they had had a number of those in this game, and he was getting he was just about to deliver it and he's getting hit low by Quinn Williams and that's probably on the protection in Stroud can't make the good play. Then later in the game, after they make a field goal to make it a one point game, it's fourth quarter, mid fourth quarter, it's going to be fourteen thirteen. Jets are getting the ball back. Then they call a penalty on the Jets unnecessary roughness. They move the ball inside the ten. This is maybe the key sequence in the entire game. Joe Mixon, who starts out the great game. Great is fantasy owners, as long as they weren't watching throughout their happy one hundred and six yards for a touchdown, But all of that was in the first half, after halftime, even late second quarter, it's one yard, two yard. One year, it dried up for them and they're at the seven or eight yard line, and I feel like they're panicky about the the pass rush and they go run run pass like one yard. I think they might have lost the yard like one yard, two yard or two yard negative three game.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just making things actually right.
Speaker 4: No, So then the third, So the third in goals, the one I kind of wanted to get through. That was the one where that was a little panicky because he actually did get protected for once, and Mechi does kind of come open on that play and he seemed in between and understandably was just like I got to get rid of this ball and he had Mechi open, and that ends up being a really big play because then fair Pan hits it off. He doinks one from a chip shot range, Jets go on for the killer touchdown, and that's really your sequence. And then on that very last drive, not to beat a dead horse, but they're just trying to get a score late and he's missing some throws that it seemed like they were open for him. I'm like, oh, that is not the CJ. Stroud that I know. Finishing eleven for thirty for one ninety one on the night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's a hodgepodge of things. The offensive line in the pass protection in John role, I think is the easiest thing to point the finger at. It's the most identifiable. I think that the and I really I hate to overly simplify it, but I think that Nicocollins presence last year was probably underrated in how much and how good that offense, or at least how much progress that offense made and how good CJ did, So it.
Speaker 3: Should make a difference.
Speaker 5: I don't know how much it helps and fixes the past protection issues, but also some of the there's there's too many times where it doesn't seem like CJ has answers for the blitz and whether it's just him not not going to the hots quick enough, if it's the actual play design. At various times I could point the finger. I mean, all of that eventually comes back to the offensive coordinator. And I think, you know, Bobby Slowik, who just got a bunch of interest and a whole lot of buzz about being a head coach. The entire offseason, we were wondering, all right, well, he had a really promising performance with a rookie quarterback, but he hasn't shown that he can create a complete offense and a lot of that came down to you. I talked to you before the season began. I felt like I felt like even people that were gushing about the Texans offense nationally were kind of ignoring the fact that they did have they They could not run the ball last year, even when it should have been easy to.
Speaker 3: Run the ball.
Speaker 5: And now with mixing, I mean, so much of it, even though the blocking has improved, so much of it is just mixing being like a younger mixing. Like they said on the broadcast, that looks like he's five or six years younger than he was.
Speaker 3: He's able to take.
Speaker 5: Imperfect blocking and blocking that for a lot of under running backs, it's a tackle for a loss or no gain. He figures out a way to go get ten or twelve yards. But by the second half, the Jets figured it out, you know, and the Jets defense started to look a lot more like the Jets defense from.
Speaker 3: The last couple of years.
Speaker 5: So there's simply not a complete offense with or without Nico Collins. You really get no feel that they can use the run game in the past game to compliment each other, to balance each other out.
Speaker 3: They can't run when they need to run.
Speaker 5: It's just it's been a mediocre offense in terms of scoring. I think there were fourteenth in scoring headed into this game.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 3: That's pretty much what you said.
Speaker 5: They can't score in the second half, so that was no surprise the Texans fans that they couldn't score in the second half.
Speaker 3: They've been miserable in the second half.
Speaker 4: They're twentieth in DVOA on offense going into tonight, which is crazy. And I think to your point about slow, strouds as composed as impressive a young quarterback as I've ever seen. So I think he's got great players to work with, and it was a little less about the scheme last year and more just about you know that they built the right offense around him, but excellent players. You have an all pro left tackle, you have a dynamite quarterback, you have Nico Collins, you have tanked out well. Now take down went six for one to twenty six tonight. I think that was encouraging for all this honking I've done about Stroud, Like the touchdown drive that they had. He had two of the best throws you'll ever see, one to Robert Woods on the run, one to Tank Dell and then he had the fifty yard er to Tank Dell in the second half, which is just absolutely insane throw. So the talents there, the excitements there. It's not like I think this thing can't get fixed. I'm glad you mentioned the Blitz because Jeff Albrick deserves some credit for when he dialed it up. This has been a bad Jets defense over the last three weeks since he took over, so they get a little credit here for getting the win. Stroud goes oh for five against the Blitz when he threw it, and that says it all. I'm not sure how many sacks he took. I believe it it was two sacks on those plays. Two felt like yeah. So he did not complete a pass against the Blitz and Hassan Reddick makes a difference this team and in this game, like C. J. Stroud was strip sacked in the first half. They had the ball inside the ten or inside the fifteen early in the game, and that was from a Quinn Williams pressure on your boy Green. Yeah, But also on the other side, Clemens collapsing the pocket. Reddick was collapsing the pocket all night. He ended up getting a sack and then c J. Stroud was trying to step up, but he couldn't step up because there was Quinn Williams in the middle. So Will McDonald like, they had guys step up and whatever the vision for whoever the Jets are gonna be. Yes, it's against this Texans offensive line, who have looked bad against everyone, but so of the Patriots and the Texans. I mean, the Jets passers looked terrible last week, just five days ago against the Patriots. So's it's a pretty big step in the right direction for the Jets to take what's a struggling unit and actually make a difference on defense. It's been a while and they're gonna have a long weekend and they're gonna feel like, Okay, maybe we can build from.
Speaker 3: This, you know.
Speaker 5: And I think from the Texans perspective against this team and the Jets, I was saying all week, look, they're two and six. Great, there's no looking past the Jets because all you have to do is look at the depth chart. And if there's anybody on the Texans that was looking at the Jets depth chart and thought, nah, two and six football team, like you're dead inside, You're dead inside, or you're you're high all the time. They they've got players all over the place. The story was that they were what's.
Speaker 4: That I just said? That sounds like a fun compo Sorry for dead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well usually it goes in the other order, but yeah, they it's like, there's no there's no letups. Versus this team on a in a primetime game, You're just You're going against Aaron freaking Rogers.
Speaker 3: I don't care what he's looked like this year so far.
Speaker 5: You're going against Garrett Garrett Wilson had three hundred yard games in the previous four games. You're going against DeVante Adams, who, yeah, hadn't done much, but he's DeVante Adams and he's just been on the team.
Speaker 3: For a couple of weeks. Last week, the Jets looked.
Speaker 5: Against the Patriots like they didn't know what They couldn't get a playoff they burned. Last week, the Jets burned three timeouts in the first quarter to avoid delay of games. They got a delay a game in the fourth quarter, and and in the first quarter of this game, you had your chance to pounce right. The Jets were doing all kinds of Jets type things, except the Texans match them pace for pace with idiotic, weird, stupid things to do. So yeah, I think if I were a Jets fan, you don't want to read too much into a win like this. But that second half, man, they looked they looked a lot like that depth chart should look when they're playing actual football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they play the card. It was funny. Al Michaels was great on this. Well, I wouldn't say he was great on this broadcast overall, because like when the game's bad there, it was just so low energy. They're just every once in a while, I just think doesn't does the NFL ever watch this and like want announcers who are a little more excited about the game, because they're always just so complaining when it's a bad game and the met life was dead, they're actually chanting. They were actually chanting sell the team as they were going to halftime. And there's Booze and Alan Kirk, but they when he was taking He is great in certain aspects too, though Al was saying how Aaron Rodgers when he met with him, just went through this whole thing, and Al was sort of rolling his eyes as he was talking. He was very convincing talking about well, they'll just beat the Cardinals and they're gonna be a Western team going east, and then it'll be a short week and you got the Colts and then you go to a bye and blah blah blah. And I'm like, yeah, I mean, you can kind of make the case there they can win any of these games. None of them are locks, and so the Jets could get back into it at three and six. The problem is, are they that much more likely to win any of these games than lose.
Speaker 2: They all seem.
Speaker 4: About like fifty to fifty propositions. As much as the Texans have probably been like a four and four type of team instead of six and two coming, I think the Jets have been closer to a five hundred team, and they just keep losing these heartbreaking class teams and so it'll probably bounce out. But that still just means you're a five hundred team. It doesn't mean you're about to go on some great run.
Speaker 5: I think it's a big one to win this game tonight for the Jets. This is the very moment in the season when professionalism can start to wane. If the team is just dead in the water, then your younger players or your less professional players kind of start to let go of the rope a little bit and just let the water take them down. They start staying out a little later, they're not in the weight room as early, so that's a big boost at this point in the season. I think for the Texans, the trend has just been kind of a steady degradation from weeks from week one until now to where things look like they're starting to catch up with some of their deficiencies, like the Texans tackling even on defense. As good as they've been on defense the first few weeks, they were really sound attack. Then you saw tonight lots of mistackles, lots of poor angles, lots of just giving guys like guys that look like they do on the depth chart, the chance to break long runs. You know what, though, I gotta blame Bill Belichick a little bit. I think, Oh, I didn't need Bill Belichick going out criticizing his sond reddick and then his sound reddick firing back on him on social media.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you saw that.
Speaker 2: I didn't. Yeah, you see the firing back.
Speaker 5: No oh no, Belichick just said mentioned on the McAfee shower on one of the nineteen outlets. He's on the sound Reddick was just kind of running past the quarterback last week, so a sound Reddick sond Reddick said something like Belichick. Belichick sounds like he's just sitting at home and board. He needs a job, And I was like, well, yeah, I mean, he's probably making more money than you at his current jobs.
Speaker 3: But he he showed up tonight.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, so did Belichick on one of those underdog ads though, I mean he's cashing them check.
Speaker 2: So oh, they're both they're both doing well.
Speaker 5: Put a pin in the ad thing for a second, because as far as the San Reddit goes, and that that defensive line in general versus the Texans offensive line, the I'm so tired.
Speaker 3: I'm so tired of people. We've got this.
Speaker 5: We've got like this propaganda machine for the offensive line in Houston where people keep trying to point out how good the actual offensive line actually is, and they'll bring up the proof the PFF grades, the Pro Football Focus grades of the offensive tackles, and I'm like, listen, in pass protection, they've generally been pretty good. But I don't usually play the PFF game. But if you're gonna start the PFF game pull up their overall grades because both those offensive tackles are graded like twentieth and twenty eighth in PFF. So if you're gonna play the PFF game, don't cherry pick. It's been a bad offensive line. As far as the ads, okay, they tailor those ads during the Amazon broadcast, don't they. There, we don't all see the same commercials. I think they base on your purchase history because I wanted to buy every damn thing I saw one.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, the Amazon ones are crazy. Yeah, it's a lot of I'm trying to think what they do. Yeah, they put it up on the screen to just buy it.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of target well not even.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but also just like the actual conventional TV type commercials, we're not all seeing the same commercials because I've never wanted I changed car insurance companies last month, I saw like every other ad was like even more so than a normal football broadcast, an or ring which now I want one of these fitness trackers. I saw it and I want it now, and I've never seen.
Speaker 3: An ad for it.
Speaker 2: But I didn't see that.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that.
Speaker 5: You probably saw a lot of toy commercials and stuff, and I saw zero toy commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I got the kids.
Speaker 4: Actually, while we're talking social media, let's actually put up a couple of other tweets. I just was enjoying the Seth Payne performance on Twitter in the first half of this game. He writes, Sauce tackles like the elite golfer.
Speaker 3: He's focused.
Speaker 5: Oh those were the days, weren't they back when I was talking smack?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right though.
Speaker 4: Sas Gardner had one drive in this game where I think he had a penalty mistackle. He gave up a big play. He was crazy, and then he left hurt. For a minute, it was just like, wow, he missed.
Speaker 3: The tackle to Dalton Schultz.
Speaker 5: Then he got beat by by the forty seven year old Robert Woods on a triple move, and.
Speaker 3: Then he got beat by John Well.
Speaker 5: He had to hold John Mechi because John Metchie was about to beat him, and then he got injured as he held him.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, yeah, that that was a brutal drive for him.
Speaker 4: A couple of young cornerbacks who've been playing pretty rough. Let's see another tweet from Seth pain Those Jets fans have to pay a fee for grocery bags in New York, So you know they mean it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, reference to the guys wearing the bags over their heads.
Speaker 6: They're imitating a good good follow What is it at seth' sea pin seth sea pain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 5: I quit Twitter for a while and then I really well people started paying me to tweet. So I'm like, all right, I'm backing it, baby, people are.
Speaker 2: Paying you to tweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get sponsored posts now.
Speaker 5: Wow. No, I always I do the little hashtag. Don't worry, Greg, I'm not going to Amazon you.
Speaker 2: I gotta I gotta get in on that.
Speaker 6: Those were some info afterwards.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's take a quick break and we'll be back in just a second. Look, should we listen to uh the Malachi Corley dropped us to see what was it worth it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Those were the days too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the pain of the jets as they were going in for the potential touchdown.
Speaker 2: Let's listen alone setback it.
Speaker 1: Named around a Malicai gets a block, gets to the twenty to the fifteen.
Speaker 3: Of the turn pilot.
Speaker 2: It's a jet touchdown.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: The rookie he's an appearance, said, finds the end zone Mala guy Carly his first Jet touchdown in New York takes the lead early.
Speaker 5: On the field of a touchdown is under further reviews.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure for what it turns out makes say rookie mistake. He dropped the ball before he broke the plane at the end zone celebrating his touchdown.
Speaker 3: Oh that poor kid man.
Speaker 4: Uh, that was only his second NFL touch his first touchdown. First of all, hold on to that ball. He just let it roll right out the back of the whole end zone.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 4: No one was paying attention to that ball. If the Texan said picked that up and ran with it, who knows?
Speaker 5: I mean, Melchi, this is what I tell Meliki Coley. Listen, Malachi Uh. First of all, killer name, awesome, good job. The second I was on the field when a young Plexico Burris in his first game ever, got a reception over the middle, untouched by defenders, went to the ground, stood up and spiked the ball and we recovered it and plascow. Burris would go on to have a largely unblemished career, a productive career after that on the field. So don't worry. He never did Plexco Burro has never did another stupid thing on the field. Yeah, so you'll be cool in New York.
Speaker 3: Register your firearms. Smell Chai.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know what he also did though, which I feel like he doesn't get enough pop for score the goddamn game winning touchdown to beat the only undefeated team in NFL history in the Super Bowl. It's kind of weird that the Plexico Burris just absolutely destroying Ellis Hobbs off the line of scrimmage gets forgotten in that moment.
Speaker 5: Right, But these are I do say it occurred to me as Malachi Courtly did that, or is that we realized that Malachi Courtly did that.
Speaker 3: I feel like you should.
Speaker 5: Get one mulligan in a career, like for something like that, that somehow you can just say, all right, this is once in a career you get to a mulligan on something like when you pull a leon let or let I'll say, Anthony Richardson pull himself out.
Speaker 3: Of the game because he was because he was tired.
Speaker 4: Oh, come on, running backs do that all the time. You know, he just had thrown like a three hundred pounder off of.
Speaker 5: The running backs do do it all the time. And that's the point. It's that the running backs get rotated out. The point being that in the one hundred plus history one hundred plus year history of the NFL, nobody can remember another time a quarterback has done that. So and by the way, yeah, he threw off. So when Anthony Richardson took himself out of the game.
Speaker 3: He threw the he threw fully, fully fought a.
Speaker 5: Cossi fell off his back, which was impressive that Anthony Richardson did that three hundred plus pound defensive lineman.
Speaker 3: But he didn't even make it to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 5: Like it wasn't like a Lamar Jackson forty nine yard run or anything like. He he got sacked on that play and then it was too tired to go back in. This is fair, this is watchable.
Speaker 4: This is why you need the legend perspective because I'm just I'm just a podcaster, you know.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, that's so bad.
Speaker 4: And then you hear the actual Coults team captain Ryan Kelly like basically saying what you just said after the game. I was like, oh, I guess I'm I guess I'm wrong on this one. And that's that's why you are.
Speaker 5: You know what, Okay, so no, this is this is one of those things where I learned long ago. I never want to be that guy that says like, you don't know because you didn't play the game.
Speaker 3: I hate that.
Speaker 5: I hate that when athletes do that, because your job, if you're in broadcasting, is to use your experience to explain why it's different. So I got I got a lot of questions from people this week, like, hey, stuff, why is it that big a deal? So I had to calm myself and not be a meatthead.
Speaker 3: That's like, because that's the way it is.
Speaker 5: It's listen, quarterbacks, that's your offense, and you're if you're out there, it's because you need to be out there directing the show.
Speaker 3: And yeah, if you just had a.
Speaker 5: Physically grolling play, then if you're if your coordinator knows what the hell he's doing, he's not going to call a run play on the next play.
Speaker 3: But this is what's being lost in it. Greg.
Speaker 5: It was third in goal. It was third and goal when they were down by ten. So imagine being a quarterback in a third and goal situation, down by ten deciding that like, who I just I don't feel like i'm one hundred percent I better, I need a breather here before we kick a field goal.
Speaker 2: For young man.
Speaker 4: But he added a lot of context frankly that you know, we have a daily show, it's in the name, and yet we didn't have a lot of this context previously. So again, that's why you are a legend. And look, you were very self effacing.
Speaker 2: When when I called you that early on.
Speaker 4: But it's like I've heard people say this, like this is like the thing about like young white guys just when they hang around, like you can just be like like someone can walk in you amongst your.
Speaker 2: Friends, just like, oh it's Bob. It's the legend. It's the legend. And it's just like, wait, who's Bob. He's just like, oh, he's in accounting, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I'll take that. Yeah he's a legend. Yeah all right, yeah that's you.
Speaker 2: Seth Pain.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, check out his YouTube channel Seth Pain on YouTube and Pain and Pendergrass and yeah, you're starting that show soon, so we will.
Speaker 2: We will send you on your merry way.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me on. I appreciate it. Man.
Speaker 2: We will be back for our pick show.
Speaker 4: We got it, uh with Cynthia Freelan on Friday afternoon, and then yeah, we we do the whole thing once again with our Sunday recap show. And yeah, look when the Jets are just given their face and some hope might turn into false hope, and it's getting into November.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know football is back.
Speaker 3: Texans chets AFC Championship.
Speaker 5: Yes,