Speaker 1: M The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt.
Speaker 2: Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola, Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 3: Stamp.
Speaker 4: The conductor of the band Everson Walls.
Speaker 5: And do you know how close we came to not playing a fight song today?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 3: We have Everson Walls conducting. The Steelers had Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's right, man, Come on, man, that's right. See Snoop Snoop messing with the Cowboys. I don't know why they act like he's not a Cowboy fan. He's been messing with the Cowboys for long.
Speaker 4: Still get bogged down in Snoop Dogg. This is a.
Speaker 5: Victory Monday here inside the s w b C podcast studio today. In fact, the Cowboys won earlier today.
Speaker 3: This is isn't it might have the only quarterback who's thrown or thrown touchdown passes. Uh two days, two days, two days in a row. Now, the touchdowns were a long time ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the interceptions were Sunday.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was That was Sunday.
Speaker 5: Monday was a new day, and here we are, and somehow, some way, Mickey Spagnola made it for mixed shots.
Speaker 3: It was a people were going to work as I was going home.
Speaker 4: I think were they honking their horns at you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, absolutely, It's like, get out of our way, you're dragon.
Speaker 5: Because victory win a game.
Speaker 4: Now there's Mickey hawking your horn.
Speaker 3: I was scared I was going to get pulled over for weaving or something because I wasn't concentrating for it was we landed.
Speaker 4: What time was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we landed touchdown at four point fifty. By time we got to the charter site was five. I think I got my bags into the car at five point fifteen, got home at five forty five, and went to bed at six o'clock. So it's a damn good thing. Tough because I was three hours.
Speaker 4: Good thing. That Pittsburgh flight is much closer.
Speaker 3: Than the East Coast or the West coast.
Speaker 6: But the rain delay did not help at all. No, that just added to everything.
Speaker 3: What did you guys do during the raid delay?
Speaker 4: I was signing out of glass.
Speaker 6: Well, that gave me a chance to sign all the photos that I had there, ran out of the photos, start hanging out with the people, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wrote my ten thirty sports.
Speaker 5: Gats last night and a half hours and so I was able to lock in on the first half of the game. Everything was in the can, as we say, so I was able to really and then we came on the air at ten thirty on our sportscasts and that was started the second half. So I wasn't able to watch any of the second half live basically, and drove home and then watched it all after I got home.
Speaker 3: So did you get an update from I guess not. She was in the prescott.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, No, she was doing her job watching the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she didn't run down and doing a life shadow. I didn't in the hallway.
Speaker 5: There's nobody watching us, there's no In fact, we literally mailed it in on our show. Yeah, talking about college football and stuff, which make he doesn't want to talk about because we're better.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: What happened? Happened happens. I'll just say this. I'll just say this.
Speaker 5: If Missouri had gotten that one pass interference call, if they hadn't picked up the flag on that that game would have been a whole lot different in college station on Saturday.
Speaker 4: I never know, that's right, that is a lie. Okay, let's get to them.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: It was first of all, there that reason I said, I do it. But we're talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: We'll talk to Missouri later, Okay, okay, yeah, we'll get the couch out and we'll talk Missouri football.
Speaker 4: There. Let's talk what happened?
Speaker 3: Talk Vanderbilt?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all right. Oh, I got a phone call, got Nate.
Speaker 5: All right, So the alarm sounded on the Cowboys game on the last play of the game, and we got to play the fight song because of Jalen Tolbert and Dak Prescott, I'm a host of others.
Speaker 3: And a host of others that I'm guessing nobody knew their names that had to play out of necessity. Did anybody know Tyris Wheat was on the team ended up playing sixty of the snaps when in his career I think he might have played a grand total of ten snaps. Did you know people know that TJ. Bass was on this team? Oh my gosh, everybody forgot about brock Hoffman. Probably forgot that Tyler Smith could play left tackle. Just on and on and on, and I'm glad the Cowboys didn't forget that Cavante Turpin is a wide receiver and you can throw him the ball along with hand him the ball hunter. Lipkey's making a name for him.
Speaker 4: Yo, boy, about that.
Speaker 5: Chick, Look over your shoulder, because there's a Pro bowler coming your way.
Speaker 4: That was in a couple of.
Speaker 3: Eighteen.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have a We're gonna have a match up in San Francisco here in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: It's a battle for the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: I thought he was back. I thought he was going all the way.
Speaker 4: I did too. I did too. I thought he was gonna just drag him on in.
Speaker 3: And it just goes on and on and on that people didn't know these guys were on the team. And you know, it was bad enough that they went into the game with so many guys unable to play, and then four plays in they lose their fourth defensive end. When Kneeland goes down by the.
Speaker 4: Way when he was dom man, I was like, oh, come.
Speaker 3: On, man, you know I thought I thought Mike McCarthy's cursing.
Speaker 5: By the way, he had four snaps in the game. Shawn Neeland and he had two tackles. Yeah, wow, how about that?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: And and it didn't look good when he left, especially on crutches. Douglas just texted me and said, Stephen Jones said he's day to day. So we'll see what the MRI says. But the early indication it looked pretty serious. So we'll see what happens there. But you lose him. So no Micah, no DeMarcus Lawrence, no Sam Williams, and now Noneland. That's your top four defensive ends that we're going to start the season. And you know the funny thing before the game, I'm talking with Greg Ellis and uh and I said, so you only got what three four defensive ends? And he goes, yeah, I go, what do you do if someone gets hurt? Just like that, he goes, yeah, we'll have to maybe use linebackers that.
Speaker 5: Troy McCarthy you have basically said after the game too.
Speaker 3: And Carl Lawson gets called up off the practice squad for his third time. Now they're gonna probably have to put him one.
Speaker 5: He's assuredly going to get signed to the fifty three because they got nobody else.
Speaker 3: And nothing against them but j Henry won't be inactive anymore probably. Uh so, yeah, and then you lose Geiton.
Speaker 4: How how does that look?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hadn't. I didn't get a good indication of just where he's at.
Speaker 4: He was back out on the sideline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least he was on the sideline.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 3: We're sitting there going, well, yeah, awesome's kind of awesome. Richard's kind of the backup left tackle. And then they had a plan to move Tyler Smith over there and play TJ. Bassett guard, which kind of worked. I'd say, right, I thought, I thought Tyler played well, and you know what, I would have to go back and look, so this is his third year, Yes, yes, I bet he hadn't played left tackle since his rookie year.
Speaker 4: I don't think he ever slid out like last year. I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't recall it. And he certainly didn't do it in the first four games. And he goes out and plays left tackle like he belonged there and he may.
Speaker 7: Oh, by the way, before the you got the final stats there, the rushing stats for the game, okay, before the guiding injury the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I went back and added it up. They had six carries for eighteen yards after guy An injury. What were the total.
Speaker 3: Numbers twenty I'm sorry, thirty one for one oh nine.
Speaker 5: Okay, so they went twenty five for one oh one n.
Speaker 3: One on total.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they went twenty five for ninety one after the guid An injury running the.
Speaker 3: Ball almost four the yards and carry and you know the fact that they kept the game closed. They could stick with the run. And it kind of showed that the more carries Ricaldowdell got, the more he gets. Yeah, the more he gained. By the way, so everybody knows that he can run the ball. Now there's no more. Well, they got it. They don't have a running back, you know.
Speaker 5: And by the way, I think Zeke can too. I mean I think they they are what they are running back and that they were good enough to control a football game of the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: Uh and when they were.
Speaker 5: Can consistently run of the ball, and they were controlling the game, right and they and by the way, I mean yards of Dak throw for and he threw forty two times for three hundred and.
Speaker 3: Fifty two three and fifty three hundred and.
Speaker 4: Fifty two yards. Yes, yep. So when you run seventy five plays on offense. It should have been could have been a three touchdown win. Right, it's a red zone turn turnovers. I guess that's my only issue is penalties, penalties and the turnovers.
Speaker 6: The turn I don't think the turnovers happen if we're not desperate. Well, and we were desperate a lot of times, and we'd go out to trying to keep a drive alive because we kept creating these penalties.
Speaker 4: Well, the turnovers, they were first half.
Speaker 3: It's a miscommunication with DAK and CD on the goal line.
Speaker 4: They throw, I think they communicate pretty well. After he was gonna he said they were.
Speaker 3: He was throwing a back shoulder and c D kept going the fumble. I mean he's hanging in there, trying to create something, right exactly by two guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got blasted.
Speaker 3: And then the other one. They were just being way too aggressive at that point. On the deep pass, it was like, what are you doing? Right?
Speaker 6: And if you're gonna throw that, I wouldn't have attacked that area. The safety was coming over and the only way that I think he could have avoided the dB making the player on the ball was to throw it towards the safety, So he would have been either way throwing let him go go, let him inside as opposed to leave.
Speaker 3: They thought CD was dragged the safety out of there, and and he held in there longer than they.
Speaker 5: And by the way, I give the defense credit for it, for the takeaways to the Pittsburgh defense that.
Speaker 3: You know, all the people out there want to see him go deep, go along. Okay, well sometimes it doesn't turn out so well. But anyway, Oh, and Douglas said that Stephen Jones said, guiding his day to day kneeling, we've got our fingers crossed that it's not for the season.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll see that sounds more weak to week then yeah.
Speaker 3: If but it doesn't sound like he maybe uh has gotten the results of the mri IY right, so anyway, go ahead. Yeah, the turnovers, but they overcame them. That's the that's how well it shows you they can play, right, the things they overcame, They overcame some BS personal files. The three Blind mice were out there. I swearing to god.
Speaker 4: They did the game in college Station Saturday too.
Speaker 3: Yes, they did. It was a it was a continuation. No, it was actually a continuation of the high school game. I saw on.
Speaker 5: Friday the same crew.
Speaker 4: The Marcus game. Was it the Marcus game you went to on Friday night? High school game?
Speaker 3: Was Mark Marcus?
Speaker 5: Hebron Okay, So they did that game and then they went to.
Speaker 3: I'm not that game. I'm not saying they went They just made too many calls.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: But but well what now, Look the wheat hit on field. He's not a quarterback. He's running, right, He is running and you're just trying to make a tackle. Don't say he roughed the quarterback. He roughed the running back who ended up throwing the ball. And then the one on the ground.
Speaker 5: But the quarterback came back. He went to the right and then he came back through the pocket.
Speaker 3: Was in the pocket right, Uh. And then the one on the ground, the guy was was shoving wheat into the ground and kept pushing them down. And finally he went like this the guy, Yeah, but you get it.
Speaker 6: You get an infraction as you're on the ground. Yeah, your head's in the ground. You hit someone.
Speaker 4: He got it.
Speaker 3: And the guy from center field through the flag, by the way, and then the other one on Donovan Wilson. I don't know if the whistle blew, but they ruled him out of bounds, but he was in the air still reaching.
Speaker 4: It wasn't it wasn't at all to gain right.
Speaker 3: Because because they would have marked the ball right, he didn't know he had.
Speaker 4: Went out of bounds. Yeah, come on, look like you're still in bounce.
Speaker 3: But you know, all the talk before the game was, well, they're going to play the Steelers, and this is Steeler football and they're tough and they're physical, right, and then the Cowboys got penalies for being too tough. I thought they they did a good job of setting the tone up there.
Speaker 6: I was so proud that to me, as sloppy as it was, you can come out with all these narratives. That was the most satisfying win that I've had in a long time because it was the Steelers.
Speaker 4: It was the Stealers. You know.
Speaker 6: That goes back to the seventies when when I was at Grambling.
Speaker 4: And yeah, before you even played for the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: They ended up beating the Cowboys twice in the Super Bowl. Everybody's knocking on my door because they hated the Cowboys in Grambling country, so I was all alone. Those two brings back so many bad memories. So this is extremely satisfying, and I like the way we did it. You know, we showed some guts. Yeah, adversually, no big deal. You know, we're still hanging in there. You can see the kind of especially on Dak's face. You can see the determination that he had like this, but this is we're not going to just let this game go by and be casual. Our efforts and how we try to do things. You saw a sense of urgency the entire game. The defense gave us the chances that we needed, which is wow, welcome to the NFL.
Speaker 4: Our defense is giving us chances to make plays, stop the run exactly.
Speaker 6: So here we are acting like a grown up, big boy defensive squad, you know. And it's something that shows in the results of the game because now we have a chance for five minutes ago maybe for something to drive it on down the field.
Speaker 5: For fifty six when we come back here on mix shots, let's talk about the final four to fifty six of that game last night or this morning in pitch.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 4: You want to stay at a.
Speaker 6: Team hotel ten the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 4: Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 6: With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Ruscott kits slides for the first.
Speaker 8: Down, investlate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 4: My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster Kankholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yettie dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 4: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction.
Speaker 3: Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here? Miller Lite tastes great. Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less filling.
Speaker 4: That's not what my script says. Hell mindset. We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm Vishine legal guy, Celebrate Responsibly.
Speaker 1: Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer nty six thousands, three point jo grams carvers for twelve ounces, fewer Cowson cars than premium regular beer demict shots.
Speaker 6: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your Connected TV.
Speaker 4: Catch up on all Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Content, like player interviews, weekly TV shows, podcasts, dot com, you series like Deep Blue and much more. Download The Cowboys now app on Amazon, Fire, Roku, and Apple TV.
Speaker 4: You have a Deep Blue shirt on this after ever Wallas Cowboy victory blue shirt. Where's the start? Uh there? Yeah, it's got the star right there. It's all about celebrations.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, Casey after the way they opened the game right with the Steeler Cowboy back in the street.
Speaker 4: Jack Lambertshaw throwing cliff hairs all over the.
Speaker 3: Place talking about the Cowboys were finesse, finesse.
Speaker 5: This all right, Let's talk about the final four to fifty six of this game. As the Cowboys fell behind seventeen to thirteen after the shovel pass to Pat Fryermuth gave the Steelers the lead.
Speaker 3: That was a good call by it was.
Speaker 4: It was a good call because, as.
Speaker 5: Babel Offenburg said on the broadcast, I think Brad said, I was driving home at the time, and so I was not watching it as it happened, and I was listening to Brad and Babe, and Brad said that was a good call, just like you did. Babe said, you know, it was a good call, Brad said, because it worked.
Speaker 3: No, you know why, it was because they didn't trust fields the throat.
Speaker 4: By the way, why that was.
Speaker 5: Before we get into the four fifty six left in the game, soon before Russell Wilson becomes the new starting quarterback.
Speaker 4: Well, I thought at the Raiders.
Speaker 3: This week, I thought when we knocked him out that I said, Oh, Russell Wilson's got to come in. I forgot he was inactive and he was the third quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So and Alan, by the way, right away, Allan, it's like, whoa, whoa, what did you do? Okay, good thing, I didn't have to face that guy.
Speaker 4: I thought that was kind of weird, right to take him out of the game. Yeah, that didn't bode well for justin going forward.
Speaker 5: So what stood out more than anything, outside of the obvious exclamation point the touchdown pass to Tolbert to concluded, what stood out more than anything on that final.
Speaker 3: To me was that they didn't panic and throw throw throw. They ended up running for twenty five yards of the seventy on that drive, and that kept their defense, at least at Bay, that they couldn't just tee off and get after Dak and after Dak that they had to worry about ric O'Donnell running for a career high eighty seven yards, so I thought that was significant. And when he had to throw for some reason, the offensive line came alive. Although they were going a lot of two tight end, three tight end full back, which I thought they should have done the whole game. Don't leave still out there with what don't let guys out there with her big all by himself. But I guess you can't double both sides right at some point, you know, you got to play football. So that's what stood out to me.
Speaker 6: I got to What stood out to me was just how every player came in and did his job.
Speaker 4: It was so old school, you know, when we talked Friday.
Speaker 6: I was on some show previously and talked about the pessimism of the media and how they think about Oh guy's practice player, so that's why he's a practice player. Well, you have some practice players out there. They came out there the playball. They did their job, and they did it very well. The pressure that was put on fields, I know they'd get too many sacks, but they got a lot of hits on him.
Speaker 4: You know, they made him think. They didn't make them comfortable.
Speaker 6: They stopped the run from a pretty good running back. That's a pretty good running back that they were taken down last night. So when you look at how what they could have done and what a lot of people expected us to do going through those kind of trials and tribulations, I think there was a big win as a team. It was a big win as a team. I would pick if I was going to say the core of that win last night, I would just say trenches both sides offensively and defensively.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: The final drive reminded me of twenty sixteen.
Speaker 4: Dak's first year as a.
Speaker 5: Quarterback out There were a couple of well, one of them was the Pittsburgh game, but prior to that, the Green Bay game where he took the ball late in the first half, backed up his own five yard line, they drove ninety five yards for a touchdown as a rookie quarterback in this league. Now obviously he's not a rookie quarterback anymore, but this is a rookie team, you know, basically practice and for them to and then and of course in the Zeke had the touchdown run. They came back in that game after getting hitt in the mouth with a fake spike with forty two seconds left and won that game. Well, this time they had to do it, as you said, in the trenches, and they had to against a tough football team, had to out tough them down the stretch. And what stood out for me, the moment that will I think will be the lasting memory for me from that was the little Dak and t J.
Speaker 4: Watt exchange.
Speaker 5: Down on the goal line where I guess it was.
Speaker 4: Was it the past to lip key? Yes, it was. It was right, It was that I wrote. They were marching down to get inside the so TJ.
Speaker 5: Watt is bearing down on Dak from the backside and he is able to dump it off the lip Key who goes eighteen yards to the four yard line.
Speaker 4: And then the great job by NBC.
Speaker 5: To get the shots of Dak smiling at TJ after that, and it just was.
Speaker 6: I don't even think it was a smile. I think it was a sneer, but it was.
Speaker 4: You can tell it. It was like a trash talking.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know that's what take that.
Speaker 4: It showed. It showed the competitiveness of Dak and we know TJ. Wats the same way.
Speaker 5: We couldn't see Watt's face what he was doing back to Dak But I just love that. And it was and it was a confidence that, hey, we're going to win this game.
Speaker 4: That was it. That was it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was like were they basically telling we're taking this game.
Speaker 4: It's like Magic Johnson on the basketball.
Speaker 5: You know, he's smiling the whole time. He's beating you right, you know.
Speaker 3: And and that's the one of the benefits of you guys getting to watch the game on TV because we're watching it live. And unfortunately, and by the way, this is no shot at the PR department for the Steelers, because they did a hell of a job. Not only did the rain storm knock the game off, it knocked the Wi Fi out, and they came and gave people on social media a hard hard wire into their Wi Fi system, but the TVs in the press box were a game play behind, so you couldn't sit there and go, oh, let me see what happened. What the game started, right? And that's we missed those.
Speaker 4: Types of things because you're watching the next play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the next plays already started, right. But yeah, I've been saying with everybody so involved with watching what the sideline is going on on the bench, It's almost like you need a bench camera to pick up the because you know right away they got uh c D talking to himself on the sideline.
Speaker 4: Is he talking to himself or was he talking to the quarterback?
Speaker 3: I think he was talking to himself.
Speaker 10: Okay, I think the quarterbit well he was.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 3: If you go back and watch the rout his there was no real intention when he kept running because he turned around like, oh, yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 5: To me, it looked like it looked like his body language running the route was he didn't expect the ball to be and.
Speaker 3: That also did not Yeah. Yeah, So anyway, if you want to go back to that drive, but hey, give Tolbert credit because he could have. He could have.
Speaker 4: You got the quote from Tyler Smith.
Speaker 3: I heard about it.
Speaker 4: I don't have it. You keep talking, then I'll let He.
Speaker 3: Could have got called for a pick because they crossed right. Yes, whoever was going to the left and he ducked under. And it was funny because one of the ladies upstairs said, oh, I was so worried that he was going to end up on the other side of the goal line. But he got away from that and went around him and was able to continue going across. You can't use it.
Speaker 10: Huh, why don't you just give me, give me the gist of it?
Speaker 4: Here you go, Mickey, you haven't. You haven't seen the quote. There it is.
Speaker 3: I heard something.
Speaker 5: You clean it up and you can express it. I like your reactions to it as much as anything I heard.
Speaker 4: I heard that he was it was miraculous. I mean JT literally sprained his lower anatomy. Excuse me, sorry, guys, spray his lower anatomy.
Speaker 5: The play before comes back makes the game winner unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Clean it up for you, yeah, because that the play before was the low pass back in the end. No, I think he was talking about. I think he was talking about his effort to come back and get the ball with us, because I think so by the way they thought he was going to have to come out of the game, Well.
Speaker 4: He was coming out of the game, right.
Speaker 5: And then the Steelers called time out, which gave him time to recover from his spring.
Speaker 3: And then the Cowboys. The Cowboys called time out, right. I think Mike called it a Kodak time out, like you want to see what the defense is doing. And I said, Dak, how many times did you uh, when we were walking towards the charter or the bus. How many times did you change that play? And he goes twice, so they had to play. Pittsburgh called time out and then they had another play. Yeah, and that's why they called time out.
Speaker 4: He said, that's one of their favorite go to plays. Yeah, huh yeah, and that's a good idea.
Speaker 11: The first person to call time out was Dallas, right, Okay, so he saw what happened.
Speaker 3: He was in there for the first play.
Speaker 11: Okay, they called time out, and then Floordin goes in the game, okay, he and then they break the huddle Floyd and goes the wrong way.
Speaker 3: Seriously because they sit him on the other side.
Speaker 11: And then they the uh the Steelers called time out, and that's when Tolbert came back in the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I wanted to check on, which to see if Tolbert was in the game after the Cowboys initials.
Speaker 4: No, he was not.
Speaker 5: That's what got Yes, the Steelers time out got Tolbert on the feet.
Speaker 3: That is correct, because when I saw eighty right is it or.
Speaker 4: Floor is yep?
Speaker 3: Eighty yes, correct, I saw him in the game. I'm going, oh my, just like that yeah, on this play.
Speaker 5: Because you saw how injured Tolbert was when he got up. You could tell he needed some time.
Speaker 3: And you know, and on that he was about ten yards from me and he couldn't walk.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, that's crazy, man, that's really crazy.
Speaker 3: And give the offensive line credit for because that was a slow development play, right, It took a while.
Speaker 4: He had to float. He had to kind of float back a little bit.
Speaker 5: By the way, Tomlin could have used that time out when they got the ball back with twenty seconds left to be able to throw to the middle of the field and be able to call a time out.
Speaker 4: Well, oh that's right, Justhin Fields was playing quarterback.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, So we come back with more mixed shots brought to you by a Miller Lite in just a moment.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 9: With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: But lately I've been learning a new game.
Speaker 8: Crypto sound confusing, don't worry pros with rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win slides for the first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie and crypto with Blockchain dot com perfect.
Speaker 4: Throw My goodness, wows did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 4: Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 6: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 2: To vict shots.
Speaker 6: Head to AT and T Stadium to experience Rally Day presented by seat Geek on Saturday, October twelfth from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tools of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboys, cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit at and T Stadium dot com Slash Rally Days to get your tickets today.
Speaker 3: By the way, on NFL Network, they're talking about game balls for I Guess, Jacksonville, dak Rico and Mike McCarthy got game balls. Really and McCarthy said it was the first one he's ever gotten in his head coaching career. Really, yeah, I said, I don't recall ever getting one of these.
Speaker 5: And it looked like on Saturday night, Dak and Cooper Rush went with McCarthy to his house where's mom and dad lived, and they had a big family reunion there on Saturday night.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 3: And there must have been when we were walking towards the bus and Dak was in front of us. McCarthy must have had about fifteen It looked like must.
Speaker 6: Oh I saw that family. Yes, yeah, I was like, man, that's Dak's family. I said, I knew that mom was white, but god, they nobody else.
Speaker 5: I swear I thought that was McCarthy's fan.
Speaker 6: Like, man, there was the brother, said somebody somebody that Dak.
Speaker 3: Said something like all right, thanks for the McCarthy's. They were all cheering and yeah, wait.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now that gives it a whole different flavor.
Speaker 5: And also that elation at the end of the game, I mean so cool. Yeah, I mean just think about aside from the homecoming from McCarthy, but just for the team and and you put so much into this and then it comes down, it comes down to one play.
Speaker 4: To decide whether all that work paid off or not. I must admit when he fumbled the ball, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know how it happened, but a screech came out of my voice.
Speaker 4: I can't even do that now.
Speaker 6: I don't know where it came from, but I started like a little girl, and I was like, I just screamed, like.
Speaker 4: I think Chris collins Worth at that shame.
Speaker 6: Like what no, Because I was like, Okay, I'm feeling good, So saying.
Speaker 4: Feeling good, feeling good, feeling optimistic.
Speaker 6: You know, we're on the one yard line, broll, where are you going?
Speaker 3: And how close? And how close had Dak come to scoring when he ran the ball to the close?
Speaker 5: Had that come to fumbling the ball and hitting the pylon and the touch back?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think that. I thought he had that under control.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought so.
Speaker 4: I thought so too, But still.
Speaker 6: I thought he had to control the immigosi going into the intel. I knew he once he kind of let go of it that there was already.
Speaker 3: I didn't think he made it, but at least they reviewed it.
Speaker 4: It was close.
Speaker 5: Well what happened on it is by reviewing it, they moved it up to the half yard good right, which didn't matter because then Orlando Roberts came from the fifth row and knocked the ball out.
Speaker 4: Man, Come on, now, let's let's talk about this. Okay. Oh my god, I must have called that man so many names I saw. Follow your blocker, yes, follow him.
Speaker 3: Because Lipke had a hole there.
Speaker 4: He sealed the guy. He would have sealed six.
Speaker 6: And you had a big, deep, big offensive lineman on the on the corner back he wasn't going there. Well, you couldn't even see the defensive back. He was swallowed up. The hole was right out there. Sometimes you just think too much.
Speaker 3: We had just think too much a teaching moment. Yes we did, Yes we did. But Dak just the reaction immediately to dive for them.
Speaker 4: He might scream too, like that was crazy.
Speaker 13: Babelfenberg on the radio broadcast says, he says, as a quarterback, you need always follow the play because if you follow it, if something like that happens, you have the ability to jump on the He did a good job of following the plays.
Speaker 5: Like a picture in baseball, you got to back up bases, you know, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, but you know you gotta you can't help but follow it because that's the moment. You know, you're looking for that to go ahead and ice it.
Speaker 4: So he didn't. He had no choice but to follow it. But he did just follow it.
Speaker 11: He reacted, well, some some quarter young quarterbacks run away from the play to create six That's right.
Speaker 5: That's a case where you you don't want to carry out.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I was like only us. I just sat there like only us. We are the only ones that can do this. You're talking about being snake bit, right, that that would have been being snake bit. I mean, just give me a break.
Speaker 3: Man, especially after he had run run so well.
Speaker 4: That's what all these names that he didn't deserve it.
Speaker 5: Okay, we've we've talked about a number of players. Here, give me one more player that we haven't talked about that we need to mention on this show. We haven't talked about over the last forty five minutes. But we need to mention his name because of how well he played Wilson domin Wilson Okay.
Speaker 3: Because they were using him close to the line of scrimmage runs.
Speaker 4: Uh Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I thought they were going to pick pick on him. They tried, and he held his right, ended up with four tackles, didn't fall down trying to cover, didn't give awareness.
Speaker 4: He was right there. He played like a veteran. He played well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he played his age, but he didn't play his experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my guy is Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 3: And also that absolutely.
Speaker 4: That's my dude. That's they don't they don't win that game.
Speaker 3: I don't think Jake us six six for seventy seventy.
Speaker 4: I think that needs to go to him even more.
Speaker 5: You know, Mike Tomlin a week ago last Tuesday at it was press conference, he mentioned two players on the Cowboys team that stood out to him beyond the others, and one was Dak and the other was Jake Ferguson. Man, and U did you see the the It wasn't just a chip on that last play when he did.
Speaker 4: To t J. Watt. No, I didn't he let him have it, t J Watt. TJ Watt was not getting to the quarterback on that play. I have to take a look at that.
Speaker 5: And you know what I thought, he I mean, that's it and that's a Wisconsin guy. He plays jhnsin on Wisconsin Crime.
Speaker 3: He played well, he played well. They had him eight tackles TJ. Yeah, okay, I thought that was a little extreme.
Speaker 4: Well you thought they gave him too many?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was a little home cooking there. Well, you know who the Atlanta used to do that with the the middle linebacker they had like five eight years ago. Every game he ended up with twelve to fifteen tackles. And one time I'm at the game and I'm going, okay, I see it's like everything the guy sniffed, that's a tackle, right, he gets an assistance.
Speaker 4: So like it's the same person that does the yeah, right, the stats for the well.
Speaker 3: When they're announcing it in the press box, you know that that becomes official.
Speaker 4: That was huge. He needed that chip too. He watched it.
Speaker 6: He needed that chip too. Tyler was having he was coming that Tyler. He was coming to Titler fast. He still came out and fast. And like you said, side slow developing play, Terence slow developing, slow developing play, and they needed that chip.
Speaker 4: Ferguson tried to hit him so hard he fell down.
Speaker 5: That was the first thing I saw on that point I was watching TJ and then yeah and Ferguson that was that was a little hidden well being able to do that.
Speaker 3: It goes back to what you said from the start. At some point guys need to do their job, make a play, and they did and that's how you overcome all the stuff.
Speaker 6: It's like Bill said the other day, the Cowboys are littered with people like Downs myself and Cliffs and Drew Pearson and littered.
Speaker 4: With undrafted guys just stepping up.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, I mean, it's it ain't easy, but you know, you're just not gonna automatically say I have to be a certain way and you know what, And that's what those guys believed last night when they were putting the pressure on Justin Fields. I saw a bunch of hungry guys ready to play, I mean, controlling the game in a situation that I know had to be foreign to them.
Speaker 5: And we'll see when the injured guys get back from UH and hopefully Parsons will be back this week. But from Brandon Cooks to Dron Bland to d Law will see when he hits back. But this Cowboys team is going to be better for what they're going through right now because of the young guys, and this offense is better now than what it was before last night because of what Cavante Turpin did, what Jalen Tolbert did, And it's there's a and it's it's easier to be excited about the team because they completed the past October to win that game. It'd be tougher if they went in complete or whatever. But you can really see where you.
Speaker 6: Can still have the same narrative defensively and also in the trenches, no matter what would have happened when he come back.
Speaker 4: And beat Detroit this week, not two and four, going severed.
Speaker 3: Well, and you know what, Yeah, that's right, Jerry. Jerry kept pointing that out, by the way, that exact thing that these young guys getting snaps now will pay dividends down the road. And just think about the experience they're getting and they got an opportunity. And you know, by the way, I was going to point this out very silently, Moseley Smith had four more. Yes, yes he did, and he was battling in there.
Speaker 6: But it kind of like this, like he is a he's a totally different person exactly. I don't even recognize his body. I don't recognize his footwork. I don't recognize his speed and aggression. I don't even know who this guy is. He is totally different from last year. And that's to a positive. Yeah, but that's that just lets you know how why they drafted him. That's why they drafted him. This is what we wanted to see and to me, to see that, to see that that huge advance to be made, you don't see that very often.
Speaker 4: There's there's so much more.
Speaker 5: There's so much more than just playing football that goes into a person's development to be.
Speaker 4: Able to play in this league, you know, and we see it with Jalen Tolbert. He wasn't ready two years ago. It's a maturity. It's a even without that catch, he had a great game.
Speaker 5: It's an understanding that you belong. You know, it's intimidating coming into a situation. Never one will ever admit it, but it's myself. I remember, Uh, my first TV job was in Lubbock. Is it college town? There's recent college grads that are my coworkers whatever, and then I go to San Antonio and the newsroom totally different. These are people that are ten years older than me that have families and stuff.
Speaker 4: It's intimidating going into that environment. So you're a college kid coming into.
Speaker 5: The NFL and you got ten year veterans whatever, it's a totally different thing that you've ever seen before. That's why it beyond the game of football. It can be. It can take some time for guys to.
Speaker 6: Develop, but development has to come from knowledge. He knows what he's doing now, and so you can step quicker and with confidence.
Speaker 4: And that's the look that you see right now.
Speaker 3: And that's how Tolbert's plan exactly. Dak must have talked a couple of minutes about his development from when he got there. We're talking, you know, we don't think about it. Third round draft choice, get out there. Yeah, South Alabama, right, and.
Speaker 5: Who, by the way, took about three years at South Alabama before he was making plays At Alabama.
Speaker 4: He was a best ball Okay, well I did not know that.
Speaker 3: And so, uh and now look what he's done, you know, and Dak pointed out, he goes, he understood what you have to do in the off season. Uh, he goes. Anytime I called and said I'm throwing, he's there, right, didn't matter when.
Speaker 4: He's filling out, you know, right, and you.
Speaker 3: Can see he's got some speed too by the way he left them people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's good his strength. But and finally with this the thing that's exciting about it too. You saw what the Packers did a couple of years ago where they drafted a whole bunch of wide receivers and tight ends in the second and third round, fourth fifth round of the draft. They made a concerted effort to draft these guys.
Speaker 4: And so when you've.
Speaker 5: Got young receivers and tight ends that are into the mix, it's okay. It's a competitive situation wherever body the cream rises to the top. We're now and with a team like the Cowboys. One of the reasons I think that Marti Cooper was traded away was with Cooper here, other guys were not going to get an opportunity to develop.
Speaker 4: CD was not gonna c D needed to be the time. It's the same way now.
Speaker 5: Okay, Brandon cooks and hopefully Brandon gets back soon, but he's out for a month now. These young guys will have the opportunity to step up, much like what the Packers did by intentionally by drafting and clearing out their room, a.
Speaker 4: Veteran creating that environment of competition and youth.
Speaker 3: And which they did for Tolbert by not bringing back Michael Gallop. It was like, look at the opportunity I got, and he seems to be taking advantage of it.
Speaker 5: All right, out of time, and maybe we'll spend another day rehashing Sunday night.
Speaker 4: I just I justa.
Speaker 3: Was so tired of narrative about this as a soft team. They don't play hard, they don't play physical. And then they went to the Steel City and.
Speaker 4: Were and then then this was wrung with Justin Fields steel working.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly exactly. I heard somebody say it today coming It's like, well but this isn't Detroit. Well when they feat the Giants, well this isn't Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: And now look at what the giants.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, enjoy your victory Monday, and we will see you again on Tuesday at noon.
Speaker 4: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.