Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: How y'a doing good?
Speaker 3: How do you approach this season as far as what you what your role is, and what's being asked of you?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Do you feel it's any different than than what it was last year when you came in? Is pretty much no questions asked the starting guy?
Speaker 2: Uh, definitely. Uh wanted to get me on on like third downs and stuff like that. So, uh, that was one thing I had to get better at. So that's one goal for me this year. But the rest of it, it's the same thing. Really.
Speaker 5: I had a couple like uh Seam Browns. Yeah, deep down that seems new. I mean not that it's new in the playbook, but new you running it. Has that been new for you that this summer? And you excited about that maybe happening to the actual game.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely something new for me this year, and yeah, I'm excited for it to happen uh in the game, right Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. Man, hope I get some more too.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: You kind of.
Speaker 5: Feed off of Christian and what's kind of the balance there between you two guys.
Speaker 2: Man, it's crazy. Uh, his his third down skills are crazy, the way he catch the ball, run, routes. I think we feed off each other and just both both of us could catch the ball and run. It's it's unbelievable. So uh, it's it's awesome. Though, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: How much did you know of him or watch him when you work teammates?
Speaker 2: Oh? Uh since my rookie year. Even before that, Uh, I wa watched Christian play and I was like, man, it's he So he's so elusive, it's crazy. But uh, even before I watched him and he's a hell of a player.
Speaker 3: Watch and last last season and then this training camp. What have you learned about him that you didn't know before? Just being around him so close?
Speaker 2: His uh, his past game, Uh, his third the way he isn't third downs, Uh, his big up, his blitz protection, the way he just wrap people up is is unbelievable for or back like that. Oh yeah, most just seeing what he's doing. I'm always asking some questions, so I know he get he probably get tied in me a little bit now just joking, but uh, but no, he's a he sees an animal.
Speaker 1: You obviously see this defense in practice every day and I realized Bosa is not around camp. But how is it different or better, or how do you think it will be compared to last year when it was obviously one of the best.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, uh, it's either way go.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Even even with Bosa not here, you still know, like he's one of the best defensive player we have, so uh, we know when he's here because we always like, all right, make sure we we help on the outside when Nigga's rushing up the field. So it's definitely a difference.
Speaker 4: How do you feel physically right now?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Ready to go for Week one?
Speaker 4: Obviously the injuries that does's feet well documented and there's been Bobby Turner was sitting was telling us at one point that they've talked to you about protecting yourself a little better. But then Kyle would say, it's just been bad luck. He puts his knee down and it gets hit the wrong way. How do you sort of process all.
Speaker 2: That right about now? I just try not to worry about it. I'm a physical player, so that's what I do. Stuff happens football, But man, I'm just on the verge just having to want to have a good year and just run like I usually run.
Speaker 6: Man one thousand and one thousand seasons rushing receiving are so rare in this league, but it seems like Christian might have a shot at doing it this year.
Speaker 4: Has that come up at all?
Speaker 6: Does anybody kind of mention that to him?
Speaker 5: You hear him talk about the possibility of that.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's one thing about Christian. He don't really worry about the stats and stuff. He just go out there and play the game and whatever happens is gonna fall where it needs to. So we really don't worry about that too much.
Speaker 6: Happened.
Speaker 4: I probably wouldn't surprise you.
Speaker 2: No, it was not surprise me at all.
Speaker 1: Pick What do you think about way running backs are viewed around the league? As you know earlier in training camp with Saquon and Josh Jacobs, there's a lot of talk about maybe teams don't value running backs, they don't pay them what they should. How do you view that, not in your situation, but just around the league and how the position is sort of you know, now you've compared to other positions.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely, I feel like we eat running backs. Those those running backs they should get treated better than that. You know, everybody needs a running back and we do do a lot, So they just got to keep going, and man, just don't worry about that and just continue to do they need to do, and everything fallow in the right place.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of talk about wear and tear and running backs. You know, it's hard to be productive in your late twenties early thirties because of all the punishment. Do you as you look around, do you see that you understand that argument?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely, Like it is what it is. We running backs. It happens. But other than that, man, we just got to just do we need to do either way, he said.