Speaker 1: Hey, rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can buy your Allegedly and my Voice mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Once a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about going on. And I just happened to be in the neighborhood. Yeah, because I saw the last episode and.
Speaker 1: I wanted to let you know that you have a friend in me.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And one thing about our relationship that I don't think a lot of people know, because I'm very private when it comes to private conversations that I have with my girls in reality television.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows this.
Speaker 2: I think by now that a lot of the black theme of reality stars. Even though white ones child, you all lean on me for advice, and I never share anything publicly because I'm here as a friend and not somebody who's trying to get anything out of you. So based on what's been happening this season, even before this season, Baby, I feel like I am the married to medicine field reporter.
Speaker 4: Baby, Baby, I'm talking my boots on the ground, on the ground maybe, honey.
Speaker 2: I feel like finally the show is getting just do.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing. First of all, I got so much to say.
Speaker 5: It's so great to see you. It's so good to see you, so good to spend some time with you. We go back, so people don't even understand how far we go back, you know, years, Yeah, And I just want to first thank you for being who you were then. And you are the exact same person to me now that you were then. Absolutely amazing, a soundboard, a person who cares. And it's funny because people would think, you know, Carlos, it's all about TV TV TV.
Speaker 3: There's such another component.
Speaker 5: Of you in terms of being a real friend, where you would say.
Speaker 3: Bron move mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Now I'm not gonna have that for you.
Speaker 3: You know, you give very good.
Speaker 5: Sound advice and even if it's not to your benefit, you know. But but here's the thing, a lot of people in production don't do that, oh I see saying, because sometimes people who are in production, they're always producing, so it's challenging to have something real with them or to have a real relationship, you know, and to sometimes trust what they're saying.
Speaker 3: I have said some things to you before and you're like, girl, that's it, but that's not you.
Speaker 5: Know, And I appreciate that, and I appreciate you you telling me even when like, well, I don't know that one you probably could have did that a little.
Speaker 2: Different than what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I truly do appreciate that. So I just want to say thank you so much and really thank you for.
Speaker 3: Coming to check on me.
Speaker 5: You text me what was that the other day? And you said, I just want to know if you're good. I'm not liking how some things I'm saying. Are you good? Don't tell me the strong cud. Are you good?
Speaker 3: And you know what I mean? Mentally? Are you good? Emotionally? Are you good?
Speaker 5: And it's tough, it's tough. Last week was really tough. Last week was really tough, and I don't want this to be a down No, I'm saying like, I don't want this to be that. I'm trying my best to not let.
Speaker 3: That take over.
Speaker 5: But I want to say just thank you for checking in on me authentically. I'm talking about authentic with no motive, with no ins, but good.
Speaker 3: I want to thank you.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Listen, You're one of my babies. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I feel like when it comes to this, Oh my gosh, Quad, what are you doing to me? I feel like when it comes to this genre of reality TV, I am somebody who takes this genre very seriously. I am here for anybody who needs me. Even if I don't know you, I'll reach Child like, Hey, I'm seeing some things.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna care? You good?
Speaker 2: You're somebody who I have always loved and I know the real Quad not saying that you don't tee me, ain'tan real you.
Speaker 1: It's all you.
Speaker 2: But we only get to see forty two minutes of a show, and we're on an ensemble show.
Speaker 6: We gotta split it up.
Speaker 1: You gotta split it up, honey.
Speaker 2: Yeah. With the coins in the pocket, Child and the piece of the pah.
Speaker 1: But you're one of my.
Speaker 2: Babies, and you and I have a close relationship because of the fact that we do see each other. You're champion for me. You have held me down some tough times too, bitch. So this this goes both ways. I've been going through a lot personally. You have been there for me. Listen. I love this show and the cast because heavenly has been there for me personally, Jackie Toya Eugene on some medical stuff with the family members I love. I love this genre and a ver protective of the people in this genre, especially the black people in this genre. If I'm being very transparently, I am sort of like this Papa Bear. So listen, we're gonna We're gonna have a good conversation because I don't think the world really understands you.
Speaker 1: I'll figure cast sometimes understands you.
Speaker 3: People don't understand me sometimes, you know.
Speaker 5: And and here's the deal, they don't get a full understanding because the full qual it's not before them.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: And I say that meaning like we just talked about Hell, we had what seven eight women and then we have what about forty five minutes, and so you're having to try to capture a piece of everyone. But I truly wish people knew how loving I am. I think sometimes that's kind of skirted over, you know, in the show, and how supportive I am and how much I care. I don't think sometimes that that is highlighted enough.
Speaker 2: What I want to highlight before we get into the season is the fact that but I am glad.
Speaker 5: Now let me say this, Baby, I am glad that miss Married to Medicine is getting her just due. Because when we came into the market, you know, franchises were already established. You know, we are a single standalone show, and you know, we had to just kind of clow our way through. And I think that, you know, ten years later, now we're finally saying, hold on, wait a minute. Ago all of these shows are great, but that one over.
Speaker 3: There, wait a minute, that's the one to watch.
Speaker 5: And so I'm really happy to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: I'm really happy to be a part of you.
Speaker 1: You should be.
Speaker 2: You should be, especially because you are a black girl from Memphis, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Baby in town.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you know.
Speaker 2: That stardom was a part of your destiny when you was growing up?
Speaker 1: Because Baby, you have the eye and the t.
Speaker 2: You really did and you're fine, thank you.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: It's real. You know, some of my camera gots gonna be bl so it's all allegedly it is. Okay, No, did you know you were a star?
Speaker 5: You know what, I've always been a person that's been full of life, full of color, full of energy, fun.
Speaker 3: It's just what I like to do.
Speaker 5: I like to have fun and I like to be the reason that someone is enjoying themselves. So that's kind of who I've been all my life. And to be a star, I think, you know, as a kid, that was not something I didn't go like, oh, you know, one day I want to be on television and I want to be That just wasn't my thing.
Speaker 3: Honestly.
Speaker 5: I grew up thinking that I was going to become a pediatrician. I was going to be married at twenty six years old with two children and a husband, and.
Speaker 1: That was the furtherest.
Speaker 3: From the truth. You know, that wasn't what God had in store for me. But I do remember one day I was in Nashville.
Speaker 5: At this time, I went to Tennessee State and graduate graduate people, can you have.
Speaker 3: To verify when right?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean I graduate from the Tennessee State.
Speaker 6: She's agreed hood, yes, yes she is.
Speaker 3: Indeed, I ain't never sweats.
Speaker 5: But I do remember where I met this woman and she was like, you would did not know this woman at all, And she said me and I can I talk to you? And I'm like, okay, sure, And she said, you would do very well in healthcare and in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: And I just knew.
Speaker 5: I said, this lady don't know. She doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. She's talking about Hollywood, baby girl child, I am a biology premier major down to the Tennessee State University.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Like, clearly you don't know what you're talking about, talking about Hollywood?
Speaker 3: Little did I did?
Speaker 5: I know what she said will absolutely be the path of my life. I did well in medical device, you know, jumped off the porch and got into that.
Speaker 3: I did an h CAR preback program at Maharry.
Speaker 5: I did also a Johnston and Johnson and MacNeil internship, and I think the drug at the time was concerned it was for kids with ADHD.
Speaker 3: Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: It was an opportunity for me to mesh my biology degree with a mind in chemistry along with the natural neck that I have for people, you know what I mean. And so I was like, this is great, this is what I want to do. And it opened my eyes up to the fill medical devices. I started like with a former intern and was like, oh there's more, and sold capital equipment and I actually trained doctors in the er on certain devices.
Speaker 3: And I did very well there.
Speaker 5: And then, of course we know, years came fast forward, and then I got the opportunity to audition promire to medicine, and ten years later here we are.
Speaker 1: Was she a profit?
Speaker 3: Baby? Sout?
Speaker 2: She had now because I happily said, all my life, the life that she and I do that at the time when married to Medicine was conceptualized, she said that.
Speaker 1: You were living with Mariah.
Speaker 3: I've never lived with Maria.
Speaker 1: She said, you were a roommate.
Speaker 6: Oh, baby, no, how about that?
Speaker 7: Like his company may knock, that.
Speaker 1: Was Mariah Jed, I.
Speaker 2: Was not Christy.
Speaker 6: Christy is kind of aloof at times, you know, that was not me. But no, Heavily has.
Speaker 3: Then again reported something loud and wrong. Loud, strong and wrong. No, not at all.
Speaker 5: So Maria and I had never been roommates. She was a very dear friend of mine. In fact, I had come to know her because I used to date her cousin.
Speaker 3: We were in a very very very strong relationship, very.
Speaker 5: Heavily rooted relationship, and when I met their family, I fell in love with him.
Speaker 3: I really did. I was like, oh, my god, you.
Speaker 5: Know, Mariah is super fun, you know what I mean, Like, oh, she's my tight, you know what I mean. Like we just immediately kind of just clicked, you know what I mean. And I really respected the fact that they were, you know, educated women, and they were wise, and I was like, you know what, I like that, you know what I mean. And so that's how Mariah and I have come to had come to know each other at that time, and then our friendship just it just it just snowballed, you know, and before you know, we we got each other so well, you know, whereas I could say something and She'll finish it just like that, or she could say something and I'll finish it just like that, and.
Speaker 6: You know, in a set of dwarms maybe you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And it was and it was never rehearsed, It was never rehearsed.
Speaker 3: It was just us being us.
Speaker 6: That was us. What people don't know that was us on.
Speaker 5: The daily face like we wake up with it, you know what I mean, we woke up with it and just just just would have such a great time together, you know, and you know our family's meshed.
Speaker 3: It was just it just it was just like family. You know.
Speaker 5: It was really that their friendship was just like a family based friendship.
Speaker 3: You know. But I used to date her cousin.
Speaker 1: Do you miss your friendship with her?
Speaker 5: You know, the fun, the fun, the phone we used to have was just it just was a good time. I'm a good time type of girl, so it just spoke to me and I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: When you.
Speaker 2: Experienced what happened to you this season American Medicine, it appeared that the girls were icing you out.
Speaker 1: They didn't want you there anymore. And we'll get into that as well.
Speaker 2: But in that moment, did you feel like, huh is this what Mariah felt like?
Speaker 3: I felt like, I see now, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Is that when.
Speaker 2: Because Mariah's a star is okay?
Speaker 3: Now, let me tell you something about ms Kawahart.
Speaker 5: I don't believe in giving you nothing, but I also don't believe in taking anything away from.
Speaker 6: So I'm not I don't give you anything. I just can't find it in me.
Speaker 3: I just can't find it in me.
Speaker 6: I can't find it in me.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 2: So when you when you are and I know this creating shows and casting people, there's there's women in mind shows, I'll be like, oh baby, that's a star.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know.
Speaker 2: Have you experienced what Mariah said on my podcast and I'm paraphrasing course, which is when you know your worth and you remind people of your worth, sometimes not in the best way, but when you know your worth and other people may know your worth.
Speaker 3: But they don't want you to know it.
Speaker 2: They don't want you to know it, and you refuse to be quiet about it. Do you sometimes feel like that that can create a situation to where you're not able to grow.
Speaker 1: And when you're not.
Speaker 2: Able to grow because you know you're worth, sometimes you're being pushed out.
Speaker 5: I think it's important for everyone to always know their worth, you know. I kind of grew up in a family where my family would just infuse you know, having a high self esteem, knowing who you are, to ask a lot of questions, to not just let a person tell you any and everything and you just go with it to be your own person, to be a visionary, to be a thinker. So that's the kind of household that I grew up in. So for me, it would be abnormal, right if I did not know my worth.
Speaker 3: It would truly to me be foreign, you know. And so.
Speaker 5: With that being said, I think sometimes people feel like you're better in that position though I know, you know, let's just talk corporate America for a second.
Speaker 3: You could be amazed.
Speaker 5: You should you should probably be on the executive level, right But if the person who you are working for sees you better and kind of a.
Speaker 3: Junior role, right.
Speaker 5: Then, because because you it behooves them to have you in that junior role, right then it might be difficult for them to elevate you to the executive role because then who are they going to get to play or who are they going to get to be in this junior role that they need and it's working for them, they you know, it makes things a lot easier for you to be in a junior role.
Speaker 3: It makes things of you know, money is being made, more money is being made for them if you're in a junior role.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, and it just it's unfortunate. And we see that all the time. We see in corporate America people are always looked over for promotions. It's like, listen, this is what I offered the company. I made the company this amount of money. You know this year, you know, this is what I brought this, you know, this huge book of business. You know, I brought this account and this account and they closed on that account and this.
Speaker 3: Is how much they made.
Speaker 5: And I, you know, was waiting for that promotion, and I was looked over. And it happens every day in corporate America because that's where I come from. So I will always encourage people to know their worth and know what you bring to the tape.
Speaker 2: When you were going through what you were going through, and you saw Mariah.
Speaker 1: Go through what she went through.
Speaker 2: Obviously she created the show, right, she still gets a constant by credit to this day.
Speaker 1: You saw some things that happened.
Speaker 2: Behind the scenes, right, that is obviously at your discretion.
Speaker 1: But when you look at your.
Speaker 2: Experience these past couple of months taping this season American Medicine, and you felt like, hmm, I now see what she.
Speaker 1: Was talking about. Do you feel like.
Speaker 2: You were a part of that ecosystem that pushed Maria out of her own show.
Speaker 5: Well, I would never want to push anyone anywhere, you know, but to greatness?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: I think sometimes we have to do a self reflection, you know. I just could remember one time Mariah saying, y'all not married to medicine. Y'all married to Mariah.
Speaker 3: And that was hertful. That was hertful.
Speaker 5: And I'm your friend and I got your back, and we're gonna go to the long ways. That was my heart posture, and that's what my mentality was at that time.
Speaker 3: And so to hear.
Speaker 5: Her say things like that, it was more like, wait a minute, now, we're doing this together.
Speaker 3: What do you mean when you say that?
Speaker 5: And how am I supposed to feel when you say things like that?
Speaker 1: You were arguably the breakout star American medicine.
Speaker 3: Oh, child, child, don't baby, don't say that.
Speaker 5: Out that right there alone, that is so loaded, that is automatically walking down like that's like putting on a vest with like ten thousand targets on you, like bullseyes, and you just ready to people are just ready or done you now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Is that Let's have a conversation happen. And this is coming from the King of reality television.
Speaker 3: Let's happen.
Speaker 2: Every single ensemble show has a breakout star. Every single reality show has a breakout stark. Okay, I want everyone to know that, because we're gonna have a real conversation. Desney Child had Beyonce, Yes, the Jacksons have Michael Chicago Bulls had Michael Jordan's.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's anything wrong with giving someone their props in terms of saying you the breakop, bitch, and guess what good for you. Let's let's all support each other because at the same time, there will be no Beyonce without Desney Child, there will be no Michael Jackson Malthael Jackson's, and there will be no Michael Jordans well Scottie Pippen. So no one can't do it on their own. And I'm saying this loving the show, being a fan of it, and but I'm real.
Speaker 1: You were arguably the.
Speaker 2: Breakout star of Mariti Medicine, and instantly, this brownskin black girl from Memphis, Tennessee, who was in pre biology, pre mad all those things right, never desired to be in front of the camera. Wasn't thinking about it. Your best friend created this show, bitch, I'm gonna put you on.
Speaker 1: Okay, girl, let's do it.
Speaker 3: And I was, And you know, my.
Speaker 5: Thought process with that at the time was that we was gonna ride it.
Speaker 3: All the way, like Laverne and Shirley, maybe like Laverne.
Speaker 5: And Shirley get into it a fall face first. We were going to go the entire way. And my ideology of thinking was there will be some doors that she would open, and I will walk through them with her.
Speaker 2: Why did it still get your emotion though after all these years when you.
Speaker 5: And there would be some doors that I would walk through that, I'd be like, baby, come on, baby, I had two thirty Baby, I got this door over here is open.
Speaker 3: Let's go, girl, put your shoes on. We gotta get there. And that's what I was always thinking.
Speaker 5: I thought that that would be our whole entire existence in television.
Speaker 3: I truly believed it.
Speaker 5: I believed it would everything in me. You couldn't have told me anything different. That's how much I wanted to share this experience with her. I did, and then things shifted. Things shifted. It's kind of like, you know, that whole thing you know, arguably the breakout star. Andy Cohen said, you know, I'm obsessed with her, and you know me at that time, I'm not knowing, you know, really standing how TV works and what truly did that mean to hear people say that, right, I'm not really understanding.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Okay, I glad I made a good impression, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But it just was it stopped there for me, you know, because I didn't have the full concept of what was about to happen. But she did and other people did too, And I think at that very moment that's when things shifted in our relationship.
Speaker 1: Do you think Mariah was jealous of your success?
Speaker 5: I think she felt like this is her baby and she deserved to be in that position. How dare they say that about someone else, and especially at being.
Speaker 2: Quip you being labeled to break our star. You're the first person I've ever said that too, that didn't say, of course, I was bitch, because a lot of women who are the breakout star. I said it to me E Leaks, for example, She's like a bitch, duh, right, Like, of course was good. When I say that to some girls, they're like, yeah, bitch, duh. I know that you're the first person I've ever spoken to that when I said you were the breakout star, you got uncomfortable, as if you are suffering through PTSD from what that label means to you, because you I don't want put words in your mouth, but when I'm gathering from your energy is being called the breakout star makes you uncomfortable because you probably were never celebrated. Hearing that being called the breakout star apparently has brought you turmoil, losing your best friend, possible jealousy, possible envy. Why am I on the money with that one? You don't You don't seem to like receive that.
Speaker 5: You're on the right track. It's a lot to carry. There are certain things that are expected of you that is not expected of others. There are certain things that certain people can completely get away with, and you just cannot. Everything you do is held to a higher standard.
Speaker 3: You are not given the same grace.
Speaker 5: You are expected to carry yourself in a certain way. Uh, And you are under heavy scrutiny with that title.
Speaker 1: Was that title weaponized?
Speaker 5: Of course, nothing that I just said was good about. Nothing that I said it was good about it, at least from my experience. You know, maybe Nini had a different type of experience, and some others may have had a different type of experience, but for me, it has completely just made me.
Speaker 3: It's been painful at times for me.
Speaker 1: What we saw throughout the course of the season was you becoming this star.
Speaker 2: And this is somebody who did season one of Atlanta Housewives and I told Nini to her face, bit, you're a star before we wrapped production. This is two thousand and eight, before the show of me air, I said, you're a star and you're going to be major. I did Season one of Jersey Housewives. I told Teresa judaies, bitch, you put that table. After she did that, I said, you're a star. You're gonna be the biggest star on this show. I know a star when I see one, and when it comes to you. We saw that that you've had Sister Circle. You were signed by the biggest agency in the world, one of the biggest agencies, CAAA. You've had so many opportunities that were given to you, similarly to a lead singer of a female girl group who starts to experience things outside of the collective, Right, did you get a big hit though? When you started to receive these compliments because one thing I have seen, I have seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, women say I'm gonna start of the show, bitch, this is my motherfucking show. Ho I'll get them when I.
Speaker 2: Get there, y'all. Ain't on me, honey, please, She'll come when she comes. Heavenly has alluded to some of that happening with you, that you felt like you were better than these girls.
Speaker 1: Is that the case?
Speaker 5: Did I ever say that I was better than anyone verbally? I've never said that I'm better than anyone in fact. In fact, I came in this as the complete underdog of the.
Speaker 3: Entire show, you know, and that also.
Speaker 5: Lended to, you know, the thought process of what people perceived me to be right I had. I could go back to episode season one. I remember my father was still living at the time, and he questioned mem Mariah's friendship and I was upset by it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, how dare you question her friendship? What do you mean?
Speaker 5: He said, are you sure that she's your friend? And I said, of course she is. What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: You know her? You know what's going on.
Speaker 5: And he said, you need to go back and watch that episode. You need to go back and watch and pay attention to the season, and I do remember there was something that stuck out to me and it kind of played me like was low, like I was nothing in a sense, like I was this charity case. I remember the words was like, oh, you know, she just don't know, she doesn't know how to be a doctor's wife, you know, like she just has to you know, we need to mold her. And you know, along those lines as if there was no I had no couth and I was not polished, and I was, you know, not well spoken, and that's my vernacular, has always been my vernacular.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why. I'm from Memphis, right.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you've ever been down there, but and I went to Tennessee State University, and I remember people would make fun of us, you know, like, oh, you know girls from Memphis, and y'all talk like her their street BurrH, you know, and I'm like, I didn't like it. I didn't like it one bit. And I said, at that very moment, I think I was It could have been during the summer and I was went through orientation or something, and that just was kind of like the running thing, you know, and I was like, you're not gonna view Memphis like that.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it.
Speaker 5: And from that moment when I got into my dorm room and the young ladies that came in with me from Memphis, I was like, listen, we're.
Speaker 3: Hanging out anyway. You know, we're on the fifth floor.
Speaker 5: I stayed on the sixth at that time, and we would go downstairs. I had a couple of friends from Memphis. Was a gang of us that would hang out, and I said, we spent a lot of time watching me see the Cedars world and all of this.
Speaker 3: Let's get the dictionary out.
Speaker 5: Let's read this dictionary from cover to cover, understanding the contexts properly, how to say the word, and let's show a different face to Memphis. We started strong. Of course, you know, through the years or whatever, some of the women fell out, some of the girls fell out, but I stuck with it, and for me, it meant something. I didn't want people to look at my city like that, and I didn't want to be viewed like that. Right, So when I heard things like she doesn't know how to be a doctor's wife, and so forth and so on, and saying that to the other girls, knowing that she was my best friend.
Speaker 3: These girls didn't know me, you know, like at that time, it was.
Speaker 5: They heavily had not come on board, just came on board the second season. But the others didn't know me from Adam's House Cat or a whole in a while, right, But they knew her, and they knew how close we were. And for her to say something like that, or for them to hear her say something like that, it kind of almost put me kind.
Speaker 2: Of here beneath them, Yes, and to rise above that, because look, I've had situations where I had to boss up some time and say, no, I am the king of reality, teav When you're talking about that, I am that boy. Please we all go through that, and I want to. I want to have an honest conversation because I think it helps people understand things. Would you say things like that the people I am a star bede what you're talking about, I.
Speaker 5: Used to have on my page, by the way, married to Medicine or star of Married to Medicine, literally like it was on my Instagram.
Speaker 3: Baby scrub Scrub Scrub is not there anymore, you know.
Speaker 5: And I made that determination at decision some time ago. And for me to say that I was a star married to medicine, a star of the star of married to medicine didn't mean that others were not.
Speaker 3: It did not.
Speaker 5: I'm not taking anything away from you all. I'm just saying what I am.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And if you say heavily says all the time, she's the smartest person in the room, hally doesn't take my intellect away.
Speaker 3: It doesn't. I don't feel that.
Speaker 5: I don't feel that her saying that she's saying that she's the smartest person in the room takes anything away from me.
Speaker 3: Is she smart? It she is doesn't mean that I'm done.
Speaker 1: So for you.
Speaker 2: What I'm gathering to is, because you felt like you were being pushed down, you had to work to build yourself up.
Speaker 5: Started from the bottom. Started from the bottom, and Drake said, started from the bottom. Now I'm here, started from the bottom. And it was a clawing to the top with that, because well, we don't know it, but if our best friends say this the hell that's what it's what it is, then we believe that, and that's how we're gonna view her.
Speaker 3: Until I had to.
Speaker 5: Cognitively break out of that and show people who I really am. You know, I'm always been a very quick witted person, very very very sharp with my tongue in terms of knowing how to speak, that had never had a problem with public speaking in my life ever, ever, and so and always been a very domestic person, you know, very cleanly person, a person who is you know, cultured.
Speaker 3: But when I go back to.
Speaker 5: Season one, that's not how a person would perceive me at all.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: I do remember being at event or something that they were throwing, and I remember Carrie and Toya was kind of coming at me about, you know, how could I marry someone that would call off the wedding? And you know, I went through that too, And then there was some things that was transpiring earlier on.
Speaker 3: Prior to the wedding.
Speaker 5: And you know, and I just remember feeling that and I didn't I didn't understand that right because it was just like a couple of days prior work. We were all having lunch and having a good time. So I really didn't understand. Now the red dot is on and you all are coming to me like this, You're confronting me, You're waiting for me to walk through the door. I come through the door with gifts in toe and just to have a good time, and I'm not knowing, Oh she's a targeting So when you see Quad hit the door, y'all go at her and they began to question me about so it was carrying, I think toy at the time, and I just remember not understanding TV and I was just like.
Speaker 3: Don't monk, don't God damn line.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like I didn't. I didn't get it. I didn't get it. And I was very raw at that time.
Speaker 2: Did you appearing on Sister Circle forever change the dynamic of your relationship with the cast? You know?
Speaker 5: That's interesting? And in the episode that we've just seen that just aired, I think it was Jackie who said, you know, I can remember when when she was on Sister Circle, and you know what, does she say something about me being on Sister Circle or with my Sister Circle friends. I'm paraphrased because I can't remember, but I remember that it was Jackie who was going back and oh she said maybe she was she felt hurt or something or they felt hurt or something when I was a part of Sister Circle, when Sister Circle was you know, on air, and I'm just looking at that like, how sold Jackie, Because you guys are my group of a group of friends of mine. These women are a group of friends of mine. Why can't I not have two, three, four, or five six groups of.
Speaker 3: Friends at that time in my life.
Speaker 5: The girls that were a part of Sister Circle, they were more tender and soft and understanding and showed a lots more of compassion for what I was going through. During that time, my marriage had began to unravel. Things were not good at home, and some of the girls knew what was going what I was going through, they didn't know to what magnitude. Of course, at that time, I'm emotionally trying to gather myself. I'm mentally trying to make the right decision for my happiness and for my future.
Speaker 3: But I was still loved my husband at the time.
Speaker 5: And so there were things that had transpired that if I would have verbally said them, I was afraid that it would harm him in his career, and it did not present itself at that time to be a safe space.
Speaker 3: Both shows were different.
Speaker 5: Sister Circle was about, you know, empowering, encouraging, motivating, educating, and we do see some of that also on marriage to medicine. But it's all about conflict resolve. Conflict resolve, and when you are feeling like it's not a safe space to say certain things that you refrain from saying, you just refrain from saying them. And that's kind of how that shook out. I did not feel when Jackie went through what she went through with Curtis. I felt like everyone rallied around her, supported her. When Jackie said that she was done talking about it, it was done, it was over, was through, and I even respected that. Right when Cesa and Simone we're going through what they were going through, we saw that at one of the reunions, we all rallied around them, right.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't extended that.
Speaker 5: I wasn't extended that type of compassion and empathy and care. I had to go and get that from my girls at Sister Circle. Did not mean that I did not like my friends, you know, within the Married to Medicine group. Didn't mean that I did not like them or against them or anything.
Speaker 3: I had to go where I felt like I was most supported.
Speaker 5: And it's not saying that some of the girls on Marria to Medicine didn't have an inkling of understanding as to what I was going through.
Speaker 3: I think there was a time where.
Speaker 5: Andy Cohen and I think it was one season where Gregory and I.
Speaker 3: Had sat on the stage of and with Andy Cohen.
Speaker 5: It was doing the reunion, and remember there were a group of women and who came out. I think it was probably Toya and Mariah at the time, and maybe Simone.
Speaker 3: And I'm not sure if Simone.
Speaker 5: Said this or not or agreed with this or not, but because there was so many moving pieces, but I do remember where Andy Cohen had said, well, you know the next segments like, well, what do you guys think about what you guys heard behind stage?
Speaker 3: You know that he said that he hit.
Speaker 5: Her, And I just remember, you know, the voices saying he didn't say he said he hit her.
Speaker 3: That's not what he said. You can't say he hit her.
Speaker 6: He's a doctor.
Speaker 3: You can't say that. What do you say? He didn't say that?
Speaker 5: And he literally had to get into a banter with them and said, I'm telling you he said it.
Speaker 3: He said it in front of me, and I was just.
Speaker 5: Like, WHOA, these girls hate me so much that they can't even support me, and they're not even believing what is being said, and I'm telling them that it happened, and I'm telling them that it was said, and it takes Andy Cohn to put a stamp on it. They gave me that much that they couldn't even hear it from me because Andy Cohen and I was both saying no, he said it, and they hated it appeared to me or I felt like they hated me so much that they couldn't even hear it from me. It was Andy Cohen who made it real for them, and that was difficult.
Speaker 3: That hurts.
Speaker 2: So you're in this environment where you don't feel supportive, you don't feel like it's a safe space for you to truly give one hundred percent of yourself to them, because they never provided the window of opportunities of opening like, no, come to us, We want to be here for you, the way you saw that with Simon and with the way you saw that with Jackie.
Speaker 1: When it comes to the medical community. Because you're not go.
Speaker 5: Ahad, I had to interrupt, But I do want to add this before we move on.
Speaker 3: I don't want to lose my train of thought.
Speaker 5: And and and I don't know how there in the in the scene in the episode they flashed back to I think it was my book launch and I had an all white party.
Speaker 3: It was like a birthday slash book.
Speaker 5: Launch and all white party, and they flashed back to me saying, you know, I was going to give.
Speaker 3: Up on women.
Speaker 5: And then Sister Circle came into my life. I really felt that way.
Speaker 3: I had a lot going on.
Speaker 5: I had, you know, other friends, you know that are not on the show who just didn't understand. I had the pressures of what was going on with my relationships with some of the girls within the Marriti Medicine group of friends. And then you know, there was Circle. But slightly after I gave the girls of Sister Circle their flowers, I turned to give my girls from Married to Medicine some love and to acknowledge them as well. And I looked around and looked around, and it was already understood. It's kind of like they had a perception. They couldn't even give me the time or the patience to get to them to say the things that I also wanted to say about them, which was also saluting some of them, which was also paying homage to some of them in highlighting who they were to me in my life, not all of them have been poor to me, maybe at different times.
Speaker 3: Or hell, they could say the same about me, you know, so they just didn't.
Speaker 5: It was kind of like it was already etched in their mind that, oh, she spoke about sister circle, so she's about to she she's about to upstage us and say something negative about us, or she's let's go before she says it. And I looked around the room desperately because I wanted them to hear how much I care for them too. By that time, Toya and I think it was some all they had left.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 5: They never even got an opportunity to hear what I was about to say, because it was already.
Speaker 3: In their head, like.
Speaker 5: She's given them accolades, but she's not gonna give it to us. They didn't give me the time. They didn't give me the patience to even to even just wait one moment. You're up next. I know who you are. You all are to me. It ain't It hadn't always been all bad. It hadn't always been all bad. So I'm tapping in from the times when it was good. You guys are we've been We've had some great times together, and we have some deep rooted relationships, and you guys have helped me get through some other things. I see you, I see you. They didn't give me an opportunity to tell them, I see they left.
Speaker 1: So what what? What?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What is it? Is it the fact that in the doctor's community, is it cliquish? Is it that if not a part of this very exclusive circle, whether you're you're in the group by proxy being married to one of us, Okay, if you're out of that club courtesy of divorce, Is it that we're always gonna ribe with the medical professionals?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: It's definitely not that the medical community is a tight knit community, you know, especially when we talk about, uh, the African American component of it. It's even smaller than the masses. Of course we are the minority. But it is not saying, oh, well, you know, because you're not a doctor or you're not affiliated with a medical community, then you know, I, as a doctor, I can't talk to you mm hmm. You're neurologists. Neurologists, you know, anesty geologists, nurse and aesthetists.
Speaker 6: I mean what.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's definitely not that, it's not that listen, all of the girls of Mariti Medicine have outside friends. They have friends who are nowhere near the medical community. They have some friends who are not even you know, who don't even have to work. They've been very fortunate to have beautiful husbands, amazing husbands who will keep them together and keep them kept. And they ain't made at that either, you know, So you don't have to be. I don't want to give the perception into people that, you know, doctor Simone doesn't have friends who are not doctors or not in the medical community, or doctor Jackie doesn't have friends who are not in the medical community.
Speaker 3: And the same with the heavenly It's not true.
Speaker 5: You befriend people who you have commonalities with, who you connect with, and who you feel like, you know, I like this person. I want to have a long lasting relationship with this person.
Speaker 3: They're human. Their occupation is the occupation, you know. And that's another thing.
Speaker 5: I think one time I posted something about sometimes in our country people feel like, oh, you know, they're doctors, so they're perfect. No, the doctor is the title. Let's see what's the character of the person, the individual.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why we love it show so much.
Speaker 2: Because it shows the flawedness of just everyday people.
Speaker 3: Ball.
Speaker 2: You have been accused of not keeping in touch with your cast mates off season that when the shows wrapped, Quad is out allegedly hanging out in Africa trying to meet men, going to Kenya just to snag a husband.
Speaker 3: Can you I cannot just put you on pause for it's like like to go get my past.
Speaker 6: Boy?
Speaker 2: How many stamped me out of this pass by this Quad? Oh lord, honey calling her booty in the pass for honey.
Speaker 3: G globble entry.
Speaker 6: No, but wait a minute. Even before that, I just had.
Speaker 3: A pink parse okay, per man.
Speaker 5: But but I do He's so silly.
Speaker 3: I'm so over here, But I do want to say something just I was thinking of this as I was walking together the pass word okay.
Speaker 6: You know, people say, oh, well, she was like this was.
Speaker 5: When Sister Sir was on air and when she had Sisters Circle and Sister Circle. What I do want people to understand is I shared that platform with my friends of Mary to Medicine. I shared that platform with doctor Jackie, Doctor Heavenly, and Contessa. Doctor Heavenly, Doctor Jackie and Contessa could come on that show as much as they wanted to. We did a whole lot of cross pollination when it came down to filming both shows.
Speaker 3: It was great for everyone. So I when people say, oh, well, you know, she just.
Speaker 5: Cut them off, and you know, she thought she was all that and she didn't, you know, share anything. I shared my platform with them, you know, if they I think one time we had Jackie on the show and she talked about her fifty Shades of Pink shouts out to the fifty Shades.
Speaker 3: Of Pink, a charity, I mean foundation.
Speaker 5: Another time we had Doctor Heavenly there and she was talking about doing a dental makeover and we had contested there talking about I think.
Speaker 3: Opening up a new practice or something.
Speaker 5: So I had always at the time shared that with him with the people who were my friend my friends with my friends at that time. Uh, doctor Simone and I were not on the same page, or else I would have shared.
Speaker 3: It with her too, you know, I don't see why not, you know.
Speaker 5: And if Toya and I had been on the same page, and if we were in a good place, I would have shared it with her too. It takes nothing away from me to see someone else win, nothing, nothing at all. So I just really want to make that abundantly clear to people, because there's always like there's married to medicine and then there's sister's circle.
Speaker 3: I am for who's for me? And if you're good to me, I'm even better to you.
Speaker 1: Are the Nigeria's good to you?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 3: Your thing?
Speaker 6: I don't know the people said that I was.
Speaker 2: I went down to Emily said you were a Kenya.
Speaker 1: You hang out with some of.
Speaker 2: Those housewives and these reality stars and you y'all go to Africa to meet men.
Speaker 3: Why would she say that? And she's saying Kenya, baby.
Speaker 5: I let me see if I can go through here and see if there's any page.
Speaker 2: What about Bama?
Speaker 5: Now say not all the part of Kenya that I've ever.
Speaker 3: Heard of was Nairobi and that was the hair Movese.
Speaker 6: So I don't have a step, but I do.
Speaker 3: I would love to go to Kenya.
Speaker 6: I don't have not have a step.
Speaker 3: In there at all. That says nothing about Kenya.
Speaker 6: I want to go, maybe heavily, and I should go.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: What? What what is she gonna do there?
Speaker 3: Well? She might want to say, she might want she may want to go into Safari.
Speaker 7: The girls night like the little see it the little.
Speaker 3: Draff alone neck giraffe or something. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what do you mean a giraffe?
Speaker 2: Wait? How long are the Nigerians in.
Speaker 1: The giraffes?
Speaker 2: Long?
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about a giraffe in Nigeria. I've never been to Nigeria actually.
Speaker 8: So what is this thing about you going to Africa with the housewives?
Speaker 5: First of all, the people just say whatever they want to say, and because they said loud, strong or wrong, and the people be like, oh no, I actually do for holiday, I do go to Ghana. I love Ghana, absolutely amazing place.
Speaker 3: But listen, I'm over there.
Speaker 5: I would like the second lady of the country, like the second lady of the come.
Speaker 3: That means, so they have the present and then they have the vice president.
Speaker 5: Well, they have the first lady and what they call over there's the second lady that is the vice president's wife.
Speaker 3: She's the second lady.
Speaker 5: And I was a bit confused, you know when I first happed here, because I was like, well, wait minute, could he have two wives?
Speaker 6: Does the president have two wives?
Speaker 3: He has a first and a second lady? I was like, baby, oh my god, but.
Speaker 5: That's not what it is, Okay, you know, so I'm good friends there, got great friends within the President's office there, and it's just amazing to me the things that come out of Healy's mouth. I'm like, I'm over there with you know, badass Boza. You know, Bosa is like you know, like she's one of the best amazing people you can ever meet, hands down, I mean a marketing genius.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, so happily, how do we get marketing genius?
Speaker 5: You know the second wife of the or the vice president's wife, and you know the deputy in the president's office.
Speaker 3: To she going to kiya and sleeping with me or try to find a man.
Speaker 5: That don't sound right, that's not true.
Speaker 6: You keep saying this about me.
Speaker 2: So there's no africay, no, okay.
Speaker 6: Not at all.
Speaker 3: And in terms of who I go, listen, I have friends everywhere. I really do.
Speaker 5: Yes, She's right by saying, oh she hangs with the housewives, I do.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: There's some of those girls of some good, really good friends of mine.
Speaker 5: Drusidor or hit me up today and just sends so much love to me, Like sis, I love you so much and I want you to know that you know Portia has called me and was like, sins, this is this is gonna pass.
Speaker 3: But you know who you are. Don't lose who you are, you know, and just so much love.
Speaker 5: I have friends everywhere, but they're not the only people who have called me. I've had friends back from Memphis ten who've called me. Friends you know in Detroit who's called me? You know, friends are friends to me. I'm not clocking if are you on TV? Or you know who are you?
Speaker 3: That's not me? You know, I just love what I love.
Speaker 5: I enjoy the people who enjoy me, who bring lefter into my life and who bring brings happiness into my life. And you know who's not trying to judge me, you know? And so I I what's wrong? And Yandy is a very good friend. Fact, Yandy and I go to Guana.
Speaker 3: All the time. But you know it's like sometimes the kids are with us and man, DC's is with us.
Speaker 6: And you know what I meant, I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Why did she say those things? I'm like, hey, what's wrong with you? Why are you saying these things? And the shit you're saying is not even true?
Speaker 6: What's wrong? What is it?
Speaker 3: Hev?
Speaker 5: Because I don't get it. Am I not allowed to have other friends?
Speaker 2: That's what it seems like, because they made a lot of things that transpired this season. Is the fact that they're saying, when you guys stop filming, you don't keep in contact with any of the girls.
Speaker 3: That's not true. That's an untrue statement.
Speaker 5: When we are not filming, I am in contact with those who want to be in contact with me. I believe that a relationship is not one sided.
Speaker 3: It's reciprocal. And that's what I believe. But just because I.
Speaker 5: Don't hear from them, I'm not, you know, nailing them to the cross.
Speaker 3: I figure, you know.
Speaker 5: They're busy, they are creating new businesses. You know, they may be traveling themselves. It's an opportunity for them to spend some time with their family, you know.
Speaker 3: And so I don't really get Oh, well, she didn't call us. Did you call me? Did you call me?
Speaker 5: Did you one time even think to pick up the phone and call me? If you saw my Instagram, then hey, maybe that made you think of me.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you call me?
Speaker 2: Because so off season you keep in touch with who heavenly heavenly.
Speaker 3: Jackie, are you talking about now? In the past. Are we talking about, Yeah.
Speaker 2: In the past, because they made it seem like that's just not your mother that you like ever.
Speaker 1: In life for the past couple of years.
Speaker 5: No, that's not been true for the past couple of years. I could definitely say it's been a little distant this year for sure.
Speaker 3: But when we left New York, I didn't feel like.
Speaker 5: There was bad blood between any of us outside of, you know, the situation between Toy and I, But I didn't feel that, you know, Simone and I were just in a bad place. Simone and I needed to talk about some things and reactivate our friendship.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I definitely didn't feel like anything was different between Heavenly and I didn't feel like anything was different between Jackie and I. You know, I just didn't understand why are we making it such a big deal that Quad has not called us. It should be a reciprocal thing. Did you ever call and check in on me?
Speaker 3: Mhm? I need that too, you know.
Speaker 5: And it's just disheartening that I, again, here, I am being held to a standard that they don't even have to meet the requirement.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Before this season started, Carlos King exclusively reported.
Speaker 6: Let's get some work.
Speaker 2: You don't breaking downs the reality with the gig got you won't you want true tig. I want the reality with the King Child. If you want allegations and as subsection live, you know where to go.
Speaker 1: The AUTI aside. I was the first to confirm that phedra.
Speaker 5: Obviously I do want to add something else. I actually even had a conversation with Simon off off camera, you know. I said said, I I want to sit down with you. I want to talk to you and wet We met over at CNS, the one right here and you know, over in Sandy Springs, and I said, Simon, what have I done to you? Just tell me, I said, go back over the entire ten years. You don't have to speak hasty. You don't have to, you know, hurry up and vomit something up. I don't want that. I want the truth because if I've done something to you, I want to correct it.
Speaker 3: I want to correct that.
Speaker 5: And that was last year, I think, before we even went to the reunion, and she stopped for a moment and we were having a great deal.
Speaker 3: About a way.
Speaker 5: She had a couple of cottails. I had a couple of cottails. I think some Ostles was on the table too. We had a great time. It was like old times. And she literally said to me, you've not done anything to me. And I said, hold on, really think about it. Whatever, anything that you can think of it, tell me now. And she said, no, you've not done anything to me. She said, you know, I go against you because I don't want Toya to.
Speaker 3: Be mad at me. Hmmm, straight like that.
Speaker 1: See, that's the alliance.
Speaker 2: I'll be telling people about that happens on these shows that they want to nail me to the cross for. I tell people that oftentimes on reality shows ensembles.
Speaker 1: There's Allian system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm friends with you because I do like you, but let's be clear, I need somebody to have my back, and as a courtesy I gotta have I gotta have their back.
Speaker 6: And the thing it.
Speaker 3: Threw me off a little bit because I was like, damn, really.
Speaker 5: You've been going it's hard and I've not done anything to you, and it's just because you want a piece Toya.
Speaker 3: And that threw me a little bit.
Speaker 5: But I was like, well, Quaid, you and tim Own haven't been close in a number of years, so is it hard for you to can you try to understand where she could possibly be coming from and why. While I didn't like it, I could understand where she was coming.
Speaker 2: From because you understand how this works. You understand how this works. So we're getting into this current season. Before we started filming, I did report that Phedra was in conversations to join Mary to Medicine. At the time, it was rumors that your ex husband and at the time his Beyonce were joining the show, and some Brobo executives did an interview I believe it was Deadline or how one of the trades, and this executive said, this up coming season Amerti Medicine, we are going to again paraphrasing, but pretty much, it's going to be a refresh. It's gonna some people aren't coming back, some new people are joining, and some familiar faces. It was like, this upcoming season, Maritive Medicine is about to knock your sock saw because we're throwing so many things at it. Because I've always said this.
Speaker 1: For years, no one listened to me until now. I've always said, Brav, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I've always said that Maritime Medicine is the best cham Brav of that y'all not watching it's been It's been consistently great. I have never seen an off season like, well, damn, y'all, it's always been great, ten years strong, and not a lot of shelves can say that.
Speaker 1: So kudos to you guys for that.
Speaker 2: Before you guys started filming, you wanted to renegotiate your contract, I said, on my life, but believe that anytime a star knows their worth, I'm an advocate for bitch, get what you deserved. I said, if I was in quas shoes, and I've been on this show for nine years, and you're bringing back my ex husband and his next Clearly you're only bringing them back because I'm around. It's the only way it makes sense. And that's why I like having these real conversations because as a producer, I even know what time it is. You're a smart, educated woman. You knew what time it was, and you felt like if I again I putting words in your mouth, but I'm assuming you felt like, huh, okay, yesterday's price ain't today's price. And I will be mad at you, be mad at me if I want to. I will be mad at you if you didn't do what you did.
Speaker 9: Period point of blank But before we get into the the guttation part, did you have a receiver courtesy call that, hey, we're in talks with your ex husband and his next to come back to the show.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Never, No one ever calls me. No one ever said, you know, what do you think about this idea. No one ever said, well, we're thinking about reaching out to them. No one ever said, you know, we know the turbulent marriage and how the things went, you know, but we still think that this is going.
Speaker 3: To be a good idea for the show.
Speaker 5: So we just want to give you a heads up we're probably gonna look to bring your ex husband and his new love interests on the show.
Speaker 3: No, not at all. I had to learn that, like on social media, Like why.
Speaker 2: You found out your ex husband was coming back to the show through social media?
Speaker 3: No one calls me. I have no text messages, I have no calls. I have none of that.
Speaker 5: I began to put two and two together when I saw like a lot of the some of the ladies kind of hanging out with them, you know, and I was like, oh, Okay, I see what this is. And I think there was a cryptic message under one of their.
Speaker 3: Posts.
Speaker 5: I think it could have been Simon and something by hanging out and talking a lot of something or something stay tuned for me or to me, it's something. And I said, oh, oh, I see what this is. I see exactly what this is.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, yeah, been on the show, been you know, been here since Conception said that before. I said that, I think heavenly and I one time I had alive or something and I was like, I felt disrespected, not even a courtesy call. Didn't care how I would feel, didn't care you know, are you even ready for that?
Speaker 3: Quad? Like, is this going to be some form of a trigger for you? Like nothing, crickets?
Speaker 1: Did you cry? I?
Speaker 3: I was perplexed.
Speaker 5: I was confused. I felt like, why why would you be so cruel towards me? Is what I felt like? Why would you not even lend me a courtesy just a phone call? I like to think that over the year, you know, I enjoyed married to medicine. There's been some tough, tough, tough, tough times for.
Speaker 3: Me on the show, but they have become my family.
Speaker 5: You can't be with a group of people for ten years and not have some emotional tie to them, you know.
Speaker 3: And I just felt like, did I mean anything, do you all anything? You couldn't have called me.
Speaker 5: You couldn't have just flew in town and sat down with me and kind of just.
Speaker 3: Had a conversation with me.
Speaker 5: Did you, for one moment take your producer's head off and just put on your had of humanity? I wasn't given that courtesy.
Speaker 1: So then you started to work on renegotiating your contract.
Speaker 2: And allegedly missed out on four to five weeks of filming. Five weeks of filming due to negotiating. When I learned that, I went in, my cloth is my protein shape, my cloth, and child have my protein shake before I workout, And I said, I don't know if you saw this video that I did.
Speaker 1: I did a video and I said, y'all.
Speaker 2: Filming for five weeks without miss Squad, y'all brought Phaser back, y'all bringing her X and his next and we don't have Quad. Y'all gonna tell me, y'all want me to tune in to next season without seeing the eff center of that storyline.
Speaker 1: And I did a mock phone call and I said.
Speaker 2: This was the producer's calling Quad because at this time I think you closed on your deal. This is like five weeks into okay, and I said, they called and said, look, bitch, it's five weeks and nothing's going on.
Speaker 1: What do we need to do? What is going on here?
Speaker 2: We need to bring her back because clearly our negotiating power.
Speaker 1: Has has has has ended. She's serious about that.
Speaker 2: Was this a strenuous process of you trying to get what you felt was fair due to the circumstances.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, first of all, I don't negotiate with people, and in terms of I'm not verbal, you know, I have an agent who handles all of that for me, you know, and then there's a you know, a legal team there, there's an agent, and then they kind of go back and forward with the network and.
Speaker 3: You know here and there.
Speaker 5: So I'm not in the minutia of all of that. I trust my agent to do the right thing by me. I trust him to fight for me. I trust him to present things to show my value and to show my worth, uh, to paint that picture. And that's kind of what happened this this season. I did feel that, you know, the writing was on the while it was supposed to be this whole trio of you know this, I guess pulling a tug in for doctor G or you know, you know, how is Quie gonna respond? Is this gonna evoke any emotion from her? Is she gonna be jealous? Is she gonna be mad? Is she you know, gonna you know, is it gonna be some form of a fight or some form of a debacle?
Speaker 3: You know, And you know, it just wasn't that. It wasn't It wasn't that.
Speaker 5: But I think that was the idea in bringing them on. You know, did I think that people were running around, you know, looking for doctor G and whoever his next woman was.
Speaker 3: I don't necessarily think that that was an.
Speaker 5: I'll call there for that, But I think that the agenda behind.
Speaker 3: It was to see if it could.
Speaker 5: Get my panties in a bunch and get me all rolled up, and you know.
Speaker 3: That will be a thing, you know, for the show.
Speaker 2: Are you were you satisfied with the agreement that you your ages and your lawyers made for you to return?
Speaker 1: Were you were you? Were you satisfied with it or or not?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I like to think that I felt like, because they were coming on board, that other concessions could have been made and should have been made. Right, you know, we've had other situations to kind of happen on the show, But I didn't see anyone else bringing any other mistresses on the show.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that. But I did see.
Speaker 5: My ex husband and his new now wife brought on the show with no problem. And I think for me, it's about where's the respect for me?
Speaker 3: Have I not lend my contribution to the show.
Speaker 5: Have I not brought some value or some work to the show. Have I not advocated for the show? Why am I being just take what we're gonna give you, and Yeah, we're gonna put these people in front of your face and you're gonna smile bearing grand behind.
Speaker 1: Were you satisfied with the terms?
Speaker 3: No? I think things could have been a lot better.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Phaedra came back and made a comeback American Medicine.
Speaker 1: Me along with the fans were like, this is the new freaking fact.
Speaker 2: We were excited. We were reminded of a clip of you and Phedra when she appeared in American Medicine. You know, you guys have this good whim's called funk girlfriend relationship.
Speaker 1: How did you find out Faedra was coming back to the show.
Speaker 5: Well, I had I had been talking to Phaedria too, but because I mean, our relationship has been long standing, you know, I didn't care who in Atlanta was not friends with Phaedra and who told me not to be a friend or to watch her or she's this and.
Speaker 1: She people say that to you all the time. They said to watch Phaedra.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with your eyes and another pair too. But I never felt like that about Fia. I never felt like that. The energy between phag and I had always been good. We've always been really cool, you know. And so I was like, yeah, I hear you all, but you know, she's all right with me, and I can be your friend and her friend too. I'm not gonna not be this person's friend because maybe some things are going on with some people. You know, we no mutual people, right, So I did hear that. You know, she was saying that she was dating a doctor.
Speaker 1: Have you met him?
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 1: Have you seen a face time? No a picture.
Speaker 5: I saw the picture that was on the show with the Mulji face on it, but I've not seen like a picture on the phone or if her and I may have been sitting next to each other. No, I'm not What I will say, is we the ladies of married to medicine had never seen him yet.
Speaker 3: Okay mmmmm yeah.
Speaker 5: And so so basically I heard that, you know, she was dating a doctor. And then you know, uh, Matthew Anderson and I began to have conversations.
Speaker 3: Of course, he knows that, uh we.
Speaker 5: Were friends and her Phaser and I have been cool for a long time. And actually that connection did come through my ex husband, to be honest with you, and uh, she knew me and really didn't know many of the other girls, like none really you know, knew of them, but not personal relationships with them. So of course Matthew and I had conversations and it's like, you know, he told me a little bit more about you know, possibly bringing Phaser on board. I thought that it was a great idea. You know, I think Phaser understands television. You know, yeah, she understands it.
Speaker 3: And so you know, he was like, you know, let's let's work on this, and I said, let's do it, you know.
Speaker 5: And so I was asked to participate in her process of coming on board, and I did like an audition, you know, on behalf of her and spoke very high audition you know, you send in a tape, and I said in my office, and you know, there was a line of questions that.
Speaker 1: Was presented to me. You had a camera and you pressed the recorba in yeah.
Speaker 3: Like so it was the casting person. Uh huh. And then you know she just zoomed me. We had a zoom meeting.
Speaker 5: And then there was a number of questions that was asked in respect to myself and phase or in our relationship. And yeah, I answered the questions and I told them, you know how I really felt about her, that she was great for TV, and you know, her and I have a great relationship. She's really cool and it's fun and you know, really want a better watch out because the chocolate Girl's coming through and you know, yeah, that's all recorded.
Speaker 3: That's all recorded, and so.
Speaker 5: I really I was happy to hear it and really even more happy to help bring her on board.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So could you advocated for Phedro?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Certainly that was easy.
Speaker 5: That was very easy for me to do because I wanted to see her back on television. I thought she was always great for TV. I mean, what it had been maybe five years that we had not seen her on a show consistently, and I just felt like you know, we're good. Her and I are great, So I didn't see a reason for me not to advocate for her.
Speaker 2: So when you advocated for Phedra to get on the show, how did you feel in these past two episodes when you guys were at the table, And from what I saw, it appeared she did not want.
Speaker 1: Advocate for you.
Speaker 5: At the table. The table scene was horrible. Across the board, across the board, the table.
Speaker 3: Seine was horrible. And to learn that she had.
Speaker 5: Changed her airline ticket, I'm like, that's not what you told me.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I text you like, Hey, I'm at the airport, No, what's up, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Where are you?
Speaker 5: And she's like, oh, I'm running around, girl, I'm at the drug store. I'm running around at the drug store. You know I'll be there something along those lines.
Speaker 3: I do have the text messages. And so for me to later on here that.
Speaker 5: She basically changed her flight because she didn't want to be around me or maybe wanted to go along.
Speaker 3: To get along, that was devastating. I didn't understand why she would do that.
Speaker 2: I watched those two episodes and and I was so confused because from episode one and let me tell you something. This is coming from a person who produces shows, creates it.
Speaker 1: Watched the edit, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know anybody that can miss five weeks of work negotiating, and then the first episode, second, third, or fifty six seven eight, because.
Speaker 1: You you you for the audience. Every week and a half, you're taking an episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every week at Les Yeah, week week and a half.
Speaker 2: You're in the episode, taking off your draws, hopping in the bath to a baby. I mean, but you're in the first episode. And again, I'm such a fan of the show that I was like, oh my god, the new freaking I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna see this.
Speaker 2: And we saw y'all friendship. We even saw it at the funeral home and you came off the casket, honey, with a resurrection like it was Easta. You know, it was giving very much Easter Sunday, Honey, Bryan.
Speaker 9: You know, we loved it.
Speaker 2: It was even from our batcher's point, as if view were every single episode was fed your quad, fed your quad?
Speaker 1: What you got big?
Speaker 7: I got that big?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: And it was like the next episode after that, it was like instantly we saw her not even utter a word in your defense and It was shocking to us.
Speaker 5: It was almost like someone had told them, like, go with the girl for Quad Gopher Quad.
Speaker 3: She's the target. Isolate her.
Speaker 2: Heavily said in My Life that there was a lot that was cut out that you and Toya almost got into a fist fight at the funeral home.
Speaker 5: We did not almost get into a fist fight at a funeral home down down to the walkins.
Speaker 3: We did not.
Speaker 5: Was there a heated discussion, Yes, we had a heated discussion. They had Toy and I sitting right next to one another, as you can see if you go back and look at that episode.
Speaker 3: But we were not about to fight. We did not even get.
Speaker 5: Up and stand up like and walk up against each other like.
Speaker 3: What's t and heavenly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there were words spoken passionately, Yes there were.
Speaker 2: And then she's intimated that you make comments about I'm here to get my check, I'm in for my check, fuck you bitches.
Speaker 5: Well I never said fuck you bitches, okay at all, But when you know that someone doesn't like you, like, how did if we go back into the episode and was like, oh, we can quit stay with you?
Speaker 3: Can she stay with you? Can she stay with you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm not getting her room. Did she stay with you? Can? She say?
Speaker 5: And it was it was I was made a mockery up, and it was like no one wanted to room with me, you know, and oh what Fader said, she wished she doesn't wish to stay to stay with you, Jackie said, now with eight o's and all of that, and all of that was made to kind of make me feel left out or make me feel unwanted, you know.
Speaker 3: And so that was the beginning of like, oh, I see what this is.
Speaker 5: And there were some things that did happen at the Resurrection where Heavenly, I think Toya had gotten into it with Alicia and said some things, made some allegations against Alicia's husband and his practice or something, and uh, there was a conversation after that over the phone where I thought it was just personal between Vader and I, and she was saying that, you know, this is.
Speaker 3: A bunch of ninja s h I t and if I, you know, I don't want to be a part of that.
Speaker 5: And and I would say, well, you know, we're we're good over here. I mean, you know, the house the housewives you know, were I'm sure a lot tougher you know, like Phedra, like, seriously, this is this is but this is this is easy for you here.
Speaker 2: Picking daisies off of the vines.
Speaker 3: Nor were you blowing out dandelion.
Speaker 5: So so so anyway, I just thought that truly was like a personal conversation between us, just her and I, And then later on Heavily and I spoke, and I'm learning that she told Heavenly and Simon and maybe.
Speaker 3: Even had a couple of others.
Speaker 5: Anyway, it got around to the girls, and some of the girls were offended by her saying this is some ninja shit and she didn't want to be a part of If it was going to continue to go like that, then you would rather just be continue to do her one off shows like Ultimate Girl's Trip and things of that nature. And in that I remember Heavenly and I speaking, and Heavenly said something along the lines, well, she just got afraid when Toya started going off on you know, Alisha and making those allegations against Alicia, and she said, I feel like, you know, Phraser got scared, and I was said, what do you mean? And you know, she's like, but Frasier, you know, Phaser was a liar, and this and the other. I said, what, you know, what, what's you lie about?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: She? Are you talking about her not knowing how many months pregnant she was? Because that's what I remember at that time, you know that. My brain kind of went to that. And then Heavenly was like, because I read the book. I read the book that Angela Statton wrote, and I was like, oh, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, who's that you know?
Speaker 5: Because all of that to me, it was just completely like I thought about the pregnancy, right, And so with that there was conversation. I was like, oh, okay, so whoa And so then that was kind of like the end of the conversation. So later on, when I see that, Fadra says that Heavenly told her that I was talking about her. I wasn't talking about Phaedra. Why would I bring her or help her get on the show to turn around and talk about her.
Speaker 3: I did not do that.
Speaker 5: What I thought when Heavenly said something about her lying being a liar, I automatically went to the fact that she did not remember how many months pregnant she was and maybe she did that due to her religion.
Speaker 3: That's what I said, And then.
Speaker 5: Everything else kind of trickled or rolled out from Heavenly, but apparently I don't know if Heavenly ever told her what she had said in reference to it. I just remember saying, that's what I said. You understand what I'm saying. And so it was interesting that Fader didn't even call me and say, hey, you know, were.
Speaker 3: You talking about me? That you say anything about me?
Speaker 5: You know, like or you know, I feel like, you know, there's some things we need to talk about because I'm feel in a certain type of way and for that, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Gonna take the flight with you.
Speaker 5: Instead, you told me you was running around and getting some last many things and shopping at the.
Speaker 3: Local pharmacy.
Speaker 1: Walgreens for CBS.
Speaker 3: Maybe I think it was right.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 5: I literally I have, I have. I can't make it up. I can't make it up. I can't make it up.
Speaker 2: I know you can't got understand.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: Let's just say that of that surprises me. What did surprised me though, is this. I felt that there was this army.
Speaker 1: Of people.
Speaker 2: Trying to kick you off the show, and that there was a mission that when she gets to San Francisco, the mission is to get her off the show. And again I'm only basically means off what I've seen because.
Speaker 1: I'm a viewer.
Speaker 2: You were so humble to me in your conversations with the girls, even when you walked in your lime green honey outfit back. But baby, that lime green was it was baby in all the right places.
Speaker 3: I saw it too.
Speaker 5: Damn miss what you're telling girl, Oh, I said, my god, God God, I loved.
Speaker 1: I had an appetype of oysters.
Speaker 3: I did pearls.
Speaker 8: Okay, So when I saw you walk in and my good de choice is told you I gave you the desk there, baby, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, we know' had an issue at the resurrection, but I always bought that took bad As a girls, y'all always know how to break it back. You'll always do how to bring it back. So I never take things y'all say deeply in terms of like it's forever ruin. It's like, don't work the way back back together. It's all good. But I saw that, and like you said, I don't want to room with her.
Speaker 1: Boom boom boone the room key.
Speaker 2: So I saw all these things happening, and you're like, okay, I mean I got money.
Speaker 1: I can get my own room if that's if that's an issue. But I'm here to support you.
Speaker 2: Even when you sat down the tample, you said, look, Toya Au drops aside as a black.
Speaker 1: Woman in winery. This is amazing. Congratulations. I love that.
Speaker 2: I told Heavenly, I said, if that was a mission to.
Speaker 1: Get her off the show, y'all should.
Speaker 2: Have said, aboard, aboard a board, the bitch is coming in humble guys, we're going on board.
Speaker 3: Mission eighty six.
Speaker 2: This this, this beat on the sheet because we are not going to have a pomposa.
Speaker 1: And and and the reason why me and.
Speaker 2: The audience felt that energy is because everybody's face was still like.
Speaker 1: Determined. And then it felt like Heavenly.
Speaker 2: Had to say something. And when she said, well you use me, what did she mean by that? Because we never felt that you were using her. But I want to be able to were you surprised to hear that?
Speaker 5: Well, you just hite me with a whole Sorry, now, it's just that's very loaded, very loaded. So I'm going to try to take it in part. When James Knox asked me to come out to to Napa Valley, and I knew that it was for Toya. You know, but I'm always he in a position of it doesn't matter what you're going through with the person. If this woman is doing something he or she, If a person is doing something that should be supported, then you get there and you support it.
Speaker 3: And I know how through the years Toya.
Speaker 5: Has been kind of pegged as the person who doesn't really do anything. You know, all she does is sit back and spend the money, and you know, spend Eugene's money, and all of that has been.
Speaker 3: Said throughout the years about Toya.
Speaker 5: I was really happy that Toya had made a connection where she could now have a wine club to present a list of wines, to say, hey, if you purchase this under my code, then you get this discount, and then that will be an additional revenue stream for her. I can remember talking to Toya years ago, years ago on her and I. We were cool and we were on the phone and we were talking about you know, other things we can do, you know, extending the brands, and you know, I think at that time I was working with like picture Perfect Puff or something, and I said to her, well, Toya, what do you like Let's stop right here and just think about the things You're like, what do you like to do?
Speaker 3: And she was like, oh no, I mean I don't know what I like to do.
Speaker 5: And this is a phone call and I could You can hear her thinking and then she says, well, I like being a mom.
Speaker 3: And I said, that's good. That's a real good one.
Speaker 5: I said, come up, I said, think about some of the challenges that maybe your sons have had, you know, or maybe you know their friends have had, or even you as a mother, think about some of those things, those challenges.
Speaker 3: That you had have had or they have had.
Speaker 5: And what can you create, no matter if it's a device, if it's some form of a method to be sold, whatever it is, what can you create that could actually be some form of a mechanism to help the kids be easier on the moms while still.
Speaker 3: Being able to earn you an additional income. What does that look like? I don't know.
Speaker 5: You should probably research it, but that may be a good place for you to start. And this was a one on one personal conversation, wasn't filmed. It was just two people on the phone who liked each other at the time, two people on the phone who got along, two people on the phone who were cool, and I stopped for moments of this brainstorm, so to see that happening, maybe if a sold I mean season one, maybe between season one and season two or something like that, or maybe earlier on in our seasons. I can't really remember, because I know that people like hold me to it let me I was, but.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 5: But it was an earlier on, earlier years in the show. And I remember having that phone conversation with her, and to see that, you know, eight years later, nine years later, she's now able to have something of her own, it pleads me. And I was very happy for her. And I was more than eager and happy to support her because I know what that meant for her.
Speaker 3: But I did not.
Speaker 5: Know that I was going to be pretty much ambushed on that trip. I had no idea that that was going to happen when we left the Resurrection, truly, I thought, because I went through each one of them, Jackie, you know, are you ready to bury the strife? Jackie said, no strife, you know, heavinly said she didn't have an issue with anyone, then started in on sweet Tea, and you know, of course, Phaser and I were cool and in a good place I did not know Alicia very much. Was eager to get to know her, you know, wanting to get to know her, thinking I had more time to get to know her. Now her and I have had conversations of course off you know, off off record and off the cameras, you know, so I'm still getting to know her. And then of course, you know, sweet tea, it's sweet tea, you know what I mean, there's a you know, I think her husband is probably gonna trying to keep that wedge between the two of us.
Speaker 1: You don't mind getting to know.
Speaker 5: Her, No, not necessarily, I don't mind, Okay, No, I mean, listen, how I look at that particular situation is but it's been what five years, five and a half years, maybe close to six. Now you're supposed to find love again. You're supposed to find happiness again. You're supposed to if you be able to enjoy your life, whatever that looks like. You know, for him, it's remarrying, right you know, right now. For me, it's traveling and seeing life and meeting different cultures and you know, seeing what the world has out there. For me, it's no wrong way. Whatever your journey is to happiness, just get there, just get there. So I don't have animosity towards her. It wasn't like she cheated with him, right right right. You know, this girl came meaning many years later, you know what I mean, So it would be ridiculous for me to have something against her in reference to him. Now, she said some things thus far, and I'm sure the reunion will will deal with those things that she's said in reference to me, But outside of that, in regards to him, I have no problem with her.
Speaker 3: No. Now he on the other end, have is you know. But going back to.
Speaker 5: That dinner, I just felt like, oh, this is a complete ambush.
Speaker 3: And I'm sitting here trying to.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to hear you all out, and I want to hear you all out, and I'm listening and I'm keyed in, but I'm also wanting to have my voice heard, and at every single turn.
Speaker 3: They shut me down.
Speaker 5: It's like if I wasn't saying what they wanted me to say, then they didn't want to hear it. And that was very disheartening. It was almost like everyone knew what was about to happen. Everyone was in on it except me.
Speaker 1: Now, That's what it felt like, and I felt like I felt like there was a mission. And I'm not even.
Speaker 2: Gonna say necessarily from the girls, right, I don't know, because again I'm not there. But in their defense, it just seemed like everybody was like, we're in on it.
Speaker 1: And I think Faedra even knew.
Speaker 2: Which is why she was quiet as a church mouse and avoided flying on the same flight as you. I think everybody knew except you, but that these girls had to do it because they're on camera, right, And I have never seen you appear so hurt. I mean when Simone gave you the blow, I literally.
Speaker 1: Even the episode before that, I think I said this to you.
Speaker 2: I was like I couldn't sleep that night because it felt mean, girlish, and that's never bring y'all show. Y'all show has never been about like we're gonna ice one out. It's just never that. So when I saw it, I was like, this seems weird, and it wasn't. I felt bad for you, of course, also felt bad for the collective, like what are we doing here? And then when I saw someone deliver the blow to you, like we don't want you here, we want you to go home?
Speaker 1: What I was.
Speaker 2: Shaking and I saw you look sad, then we saw you cry when you got back to your hotel room.
Speaker 1: In that moment, though, qua did you feel like?
Speaker 2: Did you feel embarrassed, hurt, disappointed?
Speaker 1: For all of the above.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes dropped every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit realitywithe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Yes, Baby my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and don't forget tweet me.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me, Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby,