Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panha, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Right with Nick Great Episode two oh five Massive show Today gambling show coming off back to back winning weeks, which against all odds, gives us a legit shot at finishing the regular season at or above five hundred. Depending on how we do in week seven, we might have a special guest in the final block of the show. It is a huge time of year. We have a ton to get to, including something that, honest to God, I resent that I have to talk about off the top of the show, but we'll do it all the same. First, here's what missed the show missed the cup for today's show. Not on today's show is all the Quarterbacks resting Sunday. Caitlyn Clark I gets a forty piece, including a game winner. She is one of the most entertaining athletes to watch across all of sports right now. And Sean Evans from Hot Ones De Monsey is looking for new guests. If this is the producers trying to ask me if I would be interested, You're damn straight. I'd be interested. I'd love to go on Hot Ones with Sean Evans. I don't think I am well, to be honest, I don't think I'm famous enough to warrant the invite, But if Sean Evans invited me on Hot Ones, I would be thrilled to go on it. I think that would be super fun. I also think Key low Key is one of the most effective interviewers in media today. I think he does a great job. You DEMANDE did a great job on Tuesday. I thought Tuesday was one of our best shows. So props to you. It's good to see you, and go ahead and get us started today if you would.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, Aaron Rodgers went on Pat McAfee's show and I made some comments what is your takeaway from the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is the part that I resent that we're talking about.
Speaker 3: But I.
Speaker 2: Think we've kind of missed in the forty eight hours since this happened, the actual story here, and I'm gonna take some time on this.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So, so Aaron Rodgers went on McAfee's show. They were talking conspiracy theories that he may or may not believe because he brought up the Super Bowl logo color scheme conspiracy theory that is very popular amongst the dumbest people on the Internet, and McAfee hadn't heard of it. Some of mcfee's producers has if you look at the logos of the last three Super Bowls, that they line up with the team colors that played in those Super Bowls, and this year's logo has a purple and a red the two best teams are Ravens and Niners, and Rogers said, seemingly seriously, I just know next year's logo better have Jet Green in it. And then, for reasons I don't totally understand, aj Hawk brings up the Epstein list that people thought was going to be released today or this week, when it was really just more redacted documents that were going to some names. But the idea that it was going to be an itemized person by person list was never really accurate if you actually followed any of the information. The actual information and Rogers said essentially implied I should say to the lay person that Jimmy Kimmel, who works for the same company, is nervous about this list coming out. And so now I have to take one hundred steps back on a sports talk show that I do with my son from my wife's store, where sometimes we put on wizard outfits and drawn whiteboards and give you the world's worst teasers, my picks, yell about brock Purty. We do all this, and now I have to give some context to a sports story that involves discussing sexual abuse of children. That's the position we're in. So just the very too long didn't read. Jeffrey Epstein Jeffrey Epstein, disgraced now dead sexual predator, super wealthy financier who seemed to have incredibly powerful, famous friends. Two of our living ex presidents had some enough connection with them to where there's a lot of there's photographs of them hanging out together. Well, Clinton and Trump, the Prince in England had a large connection to him, and it would appear, and you know, I don't even think I say it has to It would appear a guy who's convicted and then died in prison that Jeffrey Epstein systematically, over the course of years sexually abused high school age girls and many of his famous friends. This part, I should say, it should would appear engaged in similar illegal, despicable, reprehensible acts. Epstein, after a long time, was finally convicted and then died in prison under what I think most people, you don't have to be a full blown conspiracy theorist to say is odd circumstances. Guy was on suicide watch managed to reportedly commit suicide, and the cameras weren't working, the guard wasn't there, and a lot of hm hm that seems odd. That's the context. And at some point in the relative recent history, the Epstein list has been used as a cudgel to attack people you don't like, which, in my opinion, is weaponizing the sexual abuse of children for your own personal gains. At no point, I shouldn't say, at no point, at some point, the focus of anything involving Jeffrey Epstein moved off of the dozens of young girls whose lives were irrevocably altered at the hands of the abuse of wealthy, powerful men and women in some cases, and instead of that being the focus, the focus shifted to a way to almost make it a synonym for I don't like you, I don't trust you, You're a bad guy, and it's just thrown about flippantly. And that then brings us now that we've given the background to what Rogers did on McAfee's show, and now there's gonna be there's three possible outcomes for how Rogers will address this outcome. One is the most likely. He won't outcome. Two is the most cowardly, and he might He might go on McAfee's show and say, oh, I wasn't saying Jimmy Kimmel was on the list. I was saying that Kimmel, who had mocked me for bringing up the epstein, I have to give a little more background, so I apologize. I interrupted myself. About eight months ago, on McAfee, Rogers was asked about the Congressional hearings on aliens, which we had some fun on this show about, and Rogers just through out there he finds the timing odd because that was another time when he thought the Epstein List was coming out and he thought it was a big psyop where the government was putting this out there the aliens to distract us from the Epstein List, and Jimmy Kimmel made fun of him for it. So to go back, there's three possible roads Rogers could walk down.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: One is just ignore. The other is to say no, no, no. I wasn't saying he's on the list. I was just saying he made fun of me for saying the list existed and it was coming out, and now he's when it comes out. He's gonna be nervous if it comes out because he's gonna be proven wrong. It's that would be an obvious lie. It would be cowardly. My guess is that's the road he takes. The third one is to double down. Well, I stand by it. I think based on nothing whatsoever, that Jimmy Kimmel might have engaged in child sexual abuse. Okay, the conversation surrounding this has been oh man, Jimmy Kimmel works for Disney. McAfee works for Disney. Is this going to cause a problem for Bob Iger? The head of Disney, Jimmy Pittarro, the head of ESPN, Is kim oll gonna put the screws? Because Kimmel, you could argue, is this their single most valuable forward facing employee? Guy hosts Late Night and the Oscars, and you have on your family of networks somebody accusing him of I would argue, the single worst thing someone can be accused of. I think for many of us, being accused of sexually abusing children is more damning than, honest to God, being accused of murder. Honestly, I think there are people out there watching this, listening to this right now that has someone in their life that might have killed somebody and they still consider them family or friend. I believe that to be true. I don't think there's anybody listening right now that has someone in their life that they suspect sexually abuses children and they are still, you know, a part of their life. So I think it's the single most damning accusation you can make of another human being.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 2: So the story has been how is this going to affect mac fisha have to cut ties with Rogers? What is Jimmy Kimmel going to do? That's not the story that might be a sub story that might be interesting in the media trades. The story is Aaron Rodgers, who is undeniably one of the most famous athletes in America today, arguably the single most powerful player in the single most powerful league we have, has crossed the rubicon from wacky conspiracy theory guy to malignant force in the culture, and nobody seems to have been at it. And I we are. If if Steph Curry went on the Dan Patrick Show and just casually said, you know, implied that I mean, Julia Roberts murdered somebody and seemed serious about it, I don't think the story would be is this gonna affect Dan's relationships with Julia's movie studio? I think the story would be what the hell happened to Steph Kurk. But because Rogers has been slow dripping this and while doing it has gathered his own almost army of internet supporters that this morning, I don't recommend you do this, but it's somewhat instructive. I don't tweet that much anymore. I retweet clips of the show. I try to be lighthearted on there. I don't give a ton of opinion unless I'm watching live games. But I tweeted about this this morning, partially because I wanted to, and partially as a social experiment. And if you check the replies to the handful of tweets I sent, what you're going to see is people calling me a pedophile, people saying I'm nervous about the Epstein list. And Rogers has become the voice in the sports world of some of the most deranged, unhinged people in our populous and they they often like to and Rogers is one of these people like to pretend that this is a vax anti vax thing. It flatly is not. As I mentioned on television, I will mention again, nobody Kirk Cousins didn't get vacs. Nobody cares. I don't. I'm not certain, but I think Lamar Jackson didn't get vexed. Nobody cares. That is whether or not the you chose to get the COVID vaccine is your own personal decision, and it is a cop out, in my opinion, to then use that decision as a shield against any future criticism you get, as a way to be like, no, no, no, The only reason you don't like me, the only reason you're criticizing me is because your because of my VAX status. And Roger said something the other day that went kind of by the wayside, and I heard it, but I didn't know what it meant, so I googled it, and it was once again when he was It was when he was saying, everyone's mad at him about his VAC status and you usually have to disclose your VAC status before you criticize him. And he said, it's because I took on the alphabet mafia and the pharmaceutical industrial complex. And I had never heard the term alphabet mafia, so I googled it. So alphabet mafia is about and you know what, I I'll read it exactly, alphabet mafia meaning at least this is this is what the Internet tells me. It means it's about the LGBTQ community, and it's about folks. I think it's got a relation to pronouns and the fact that LGBTQ now has even more letters with it that LGBTQ I A plus whatever. So here's why that was noteworthy to me that Rogers threw that out there. I do know, I obviously am very highly critical of Eron and this person he's become. I would bet my life He's not homophobic. I'm very confident in that. So I think he used that term not knowing what it meant. It was just he is so deep in the toxic internet brain vortech that it got lumped in with the mass delusion psychosis he talks about, and the Super Bowl logo memes, and the debate me Bro to Fauci and the Epstein list. It all is just one stew of a brain that's been melted. And so now he's throwing out terms that not only have nothing to do with the pharmaceutical industry, but that also I think if he knew what they meant, would disavow. I think Erin's a lot of things. I think judgmental of what people do privately sexually is not one of them. And yet it just spilled out of his mouth like so much of this other toxic bullshit that has a platform nearly an hour a week to spew for folks that otherwise I don't think are looking for it. It's you. You're not going to Alex Jones's YouTube channel, if that exists anymore. You're You're you're watching you are you have sports TV on in the background, and and you were flipping between Steve and A and skip, and then you you have Colin on he goes to commercial. What's McAfee talking about? And all of a sudden you're hearing about the Epstein list in Jimmy Kimmel, and we've all become numb to the fact of who is saying it and what he's sag and that there there was just flatly one of the greatest players we've ever seen in America's favorite sport, who plays in the biggest market, who has a bigger platform than any other player in the league, more power over his team than any other player in the league. That guy went on national television and casually throughout there to millions of people, Hey, this guy that I don't like, probably a pedophile. That's what fucking happened. And now this morning, when some of those Epstein docs were unredacted and released, what you have in the same corners of the Internet are folks photo shopping documents putting Jimmy Kimmel's name in them and saying Aaron was right. That is happening this morning already. And so when I tweet, he's gone from wacky conspiracists to malignant, dangerous force. I mean it the idea that there aren't real world consequences, because again I want to be very clear on the allegation here, and I hate that we're talking about this, but because now, God dog it, now I have talked about pizzagate for a moment, there was this same insane corner of the Internet was pretty convinced a pizza shop in Washington, d C. Had a basement where children were ritualistically sexually abused, and that Hillary Clinton was involved. I know it sounds crazy. I know it sounds like, what are you talking about, except for the fact that a guy drove three hours from his home to the pizza shop with a rifle, came inside and demanded to see the basement. Because if you truly believe these things are happening, you're almost obligated to do something like that. That's where the danger comes in. And mcavie can say we were shit talking where this guy's locker room talk all this. If you truly believe children are being abused, can someone blame you? If you're like, you know what, God dog it, I'm gonna stop this. Of course not. And so when Jimmy Kimmel says you put my family in danger. He's not wrong, he's not. And when you try to hide behind oh, we're bleep talking, it is not saying his show sucks. It's not saying it should be canceled. It's not saying he's not funny. You are levying the single most damning accusation you can levy against another human being. You're doing it either because your brain is so rotted from your own YouTube algorithm you believe it, or because you know what, I don't like that guy. He made fun of me, and I'm going to sick my corner of the Internet on him. I don't know what's worse. I do know that's the story. Either Aaron Rodgers will believe anything. He was joking about, the NFL, the sport. He's damn near the face of being rigged and you, and by the way, they give a little wink and a nod to rigging it by having the Super Bowl teams be the color scheme of the Super Bowl logo nine months ahead of time, which would which is such an objectively silly conspiracy theory you could dismiss it. But either the brain is so rotted, I think that's real. I think that's happening or so Cavalier. No, I don't believe it, but I know this will make his day shitty. Now I don't believe it, But what are you gonna do to me?
Speaker 3: Powell?
Speaker 2: I don't know which is worse. I do know that it's not going away and it's only ramping up. And here is now what happens If the plug gets pulled on this interview, then guess what? Oh my god, cancel culture, run am up. Can't even joke around with your buddies without the powers that be censoring you. And if it doesn't, then it will just continue unabated. And so I am. I do not want to be misunderstood here. Okay, I don't think this is funny. I don't think it's about the internal politics of Disney, and I don't I don't really have that much ill will on this towards McAfee, who I think would greatly prefer that these things not happen. He has some ownership of it because it's happening on his show, But that is not the issue here. The issue here is one of our most prominent voices in sports has become the face, the voice, and more importantly, the megaphone for any batshit crazy, half baked theory he stumbles across on the Internet, and it, unfortunately, is a bit of a canary in the coal mine for what a lot of us are dealing with in our own personal lives with our own friends, family, or extended family. Someone who pre pandemic was you know, would maybe forward you every once in a while an Instagram video that was like, hey, could the earth be flat? At least worth you know, watching this over the last four years has gone from Okay, I mean, what do you really like we're going to do this too? No, you don't.
Speaker 3: What do you mean.
Speaker 2: That they're not putting micro chips in all of us to control how we think and what we do and what we buy and who we vote for. You haven't done the research and believe it down in the marrow of their bones. And it is in so many ways tearing us at the seams that hold us together as a population. And it's now getting featured for an hour a week when you're trying to hear people argue about brock Perdy. I don't know, man, it ain't good. I do know that quick break right back?
Speaker 4: What's right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back? In What's Right with Nick Right Episode two oh five. This episode's brought to you by us Bank Winter it can be a drag. Thankfully we have sports to get us through the early part of the year, and if you ask me, nothing goes together quite like food and sports, especially this time of year. We've got NFL playoffs and Pro hoops. Me sitting on my couch until the temps are back in the eighties and the US Bank Altitude Go Visa signature card provides the perfect way to earn rewards, whether watching your team with other super fans at a local leadery or in the comfort of your living room. Earn four times the points when you dine out or have food delivered. Maybe order a pizza and watch the big game on that big screen TV of yours. Plus earn two times points at grocery stores, which is great if you're making a pot of chili, making some nachos before the game, if you're willing to brave the elements. Even getting to the game can be rewarding, as you'll learned, two times points at gas stations and ev charging stations. Go to usbank dot com slash altitude Go to learn more about how you can earn twenty thousand bonus points worth two hundred bucks if you spend one thousand dollars in the first ninety days of opening your account. Score big with the US Bank Altitude Go visa signature card. Visit usbank dot com slash altitude go to apply and live every day your way, limited time. I'll offer to the credit or initier of this card's US Bank National Association pursuant to a license from vs USA, Incorporated. Some restrictions may apply. All right, real quick before we get to the gambling show, and we don't have to get into it, because I will not I'd be checking my replies here, demons, you did for a moment, was I correct that I was just instantly accused of the same of the worst things anyone can be accused of. You look, because I let me just before you an answer, let me explain to the audience. I'm looking at a monitor. The monitor shows what you guys are seeing, and then beneath it has three small boxes that has like a single camera on me, a single camera on demanse, and then a middle box that can be whatever like graphics we have coming or whatever. So, while I was talking and I said, check my replies. I saw Tomnse go to his phone and then start looking, and I saw the look on your face, and you looked like legitimately furious. And so I don't know, but I'm assuming it was exactly what I assumed had happened.
Speaker 3: Correct, it's uh, and you got a hold. You can't reply, like, no.
Speaker 2: You can't you reply, I can't say anything, and instantly and instantly just be like the go to accusation is, oh, you're on the list, You're a part of it. This it's just thrown out there flippantly, like people used to say. The way people used to make fun of my nose is the way people will just go to this. It's really unbelievable. Okay, back to the regularly scheduled programming, because hey, buddy, we're out here winning bets, we're out here giving out winners. We're out Let's Oh, don't don't give them, don't squinch your brow. Let's show week sixteen, back to back weeks three and two. All right, so here it is Week sixteen. A couple weeks ago, we gave out the picks on the Air Giants plus twelve at Philly never a doubt Detroit minus three at Minnesota, easy winner. Washington plus three at the Jets, will take it. Dallas plus a point and a half at Miami. They lose by two, but we feel okay about it. Indye plus one at Atlanta. I'll be honest with you, I don't remember anything about that game from two weeks ago. Indye Atlanta. I think Atlanta blew them out. I don't think I got unlucky there. That was a three and two week Now show me Week seventeen. Week seven picks New England plus fourteen and a half at Buffalo. Turn the ball over four times in the first twenty minutes, still cover easily. Arizona plus twelve and a half at Philly, win the game outright. Pittsburgh plus four and a half at Seattle, win the game outright. Tampa minus two and a half against New Orleans. I was on the wrong side of that. New Orleans controlled that game, and the Rams letting the Giants cover there was a shame. Giants had no business covering there. The Rams screwed around at the end of the game, and I just that one's a little frustrating if you ask me. But that's back to back three and two weeks. We are hitting our stride. So where is the record for the year. The record for the year is forty forty three and two. That means four and one, and we finish right at five hundred for the regular season, the elusive haven't hit it yet, white whale of five and zero, and we finish above five hundred despite what was a very shaky start. I believe we can do it. Demonse, There's no way we're gonna go the whole regular season without a single five and zero. Week eighteen is tricky because week eighteen you have to consider not only who's playing who's not. That's baked into the line, but what could happen? Yes, and could the incentives change during games? Could one team blowing out another team make this team more likely in a different game to sit players. You've got to do all of that, figure it all out in real time. So let's get right to it. First game, Demonse that I have is.
Speaker 3: What you've got Cleveland plus at Cincinnati. I love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So here's the logic on this. First of all, I think Cincinnati is done now. Obviously they're eliminated. But I saw after they lost the Chiefs game. Jamar Chase gave an interview at his locker after he was shut down by Lagarius Snead, the single biggest snub of the Pro Bowl. Everyone's like, Josh Allen should have been a Pro Bowler, Lagarius Sneed is gonna be first team All Pro corner, doesn't make the Pro Bowl. Give me a break. Um after saying essentially jimyar Chase not essentially saying yeah, I don't know what Sneed's issue is. He clearly don't want to fight me. It's like, yeah, buddy, he's trying to win a division. You're trying to keep your playoff hopes alive. And then when he said that, T Higgins started laughing with him. This Cincinnati went into that game with the playoffs alive. They had to win to stay alive. Had they won, they'd be alive. This weekend, they're playing the team that ended their season in this building less than a year ago. They had a ten point lead, they lost, and after the game, the two best players on their offense are in such high spirits they're laughing in gigling about fighting or not fighting the opposition. That tells me this team in a meaningless Week eighteen game against Cleveland is not going to have the juice they need to cover seven points. I'm not sure how much Higgins or Chase will play. I know Cleveland and Jim Schwartz, they run the least creative defense in football. They basically just line up and play every single snap. Which why does that matter? Because for your backups, it's the easiest scheme to insert a backup into, so you want to have the talent of the other guys. But like Steve Spagnolo's scheme, the Chiefs decordinator super complicated. And you saw in that Packers game Demons when they were already without one linebacker, Nick Bolton, and then Drew Trankle went down and then the safety went down, and they're trying to do all these exotic blitzes and things they can't with backups, and they right, and they just got cooked. Because that's a very complex defense. Cleveland is not that. Cleveland's just a plug and play essential defense. I'm getting seven points. I understand it's Jeff Driscoll playing quarterback or whoever that I think it's Jeff Driscoll. I don't even know who The Browns and Jeff Driscoll's playing for somebody right now. Yeah, I don't care. And so Cleveland's locked into the five, Cincinnati's locked out. I'm getting seven points. Cleveland might win out right, they're certainly not getting blown out. Give me the full seven all take Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Uh, this game doesn't matter for Cleveland. Their spots already secured.
Speaker 2: No, they they can't fall to the six. They can't move on, they can't win the division. Well, if he was playing, buddy, he wouldn't be getting they wouldn't be getting seven points. If they were playing their starters. Yeah, if they were playing their starters. But so Miles won't play, Amari won't play, flack O play will be the Cleveland backups. But I think Cincinnati's gonna play some backs.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: I think Cincinnati basically checked out.
Speaker 2: You checked out one, two, three, cant coon absolutely all right?
Speaker 3: Next next, you got New England minus one and a half versus the Jets.
Speaker 2: Might be Belichick's last game ever as a Patriot head coach. He's not losing to the Jets for the first time in eight years. It's simple. The Patriots have beaten the Jets fifteen straight times. Belichick despises the Jets. It could be his last game. He's not tanking the Jets. Meanwhile, they're going with Simeon again, and the Jets coaches know we're back next year because Aaron demanded it. So there is they sneaky would like a better draft pick. You think Belichick gives him another draft pick when he might not be the one making it. This is a very very simple math, plus the added stuff. Salah's the worst coach in the last twenty years with extended rest. They last played on Thursday. I thought New England. Listen, the turnovers were egregious. I thought their defense once again played excellent all things considered against Buffalo. There's pride here. It's Belichick's farewell. It's in Gellette, New England minus point and a half.
Speaker 3: Love it Next, Detroit minus three and a half versus Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Detroit is ninety five percent locked in to the three seed and Minnesota has to win to have a chance for the postseason. So in that regard, you would think this is, you know, a Minnesota spot. However, Detroit. The way Detroit moves up to the two line is if Dallas and Philly lose. I don't think that's going to happen, but they can't go into the game assuming it's impossible. So they're not gonna rest golf there, you know what I mean, They're gonna play at least there, guys for the beginning of the game. I think Dan Campbell is so livid about last week that and Dan Campbell desperately does not want to go into the playoffs losing two in a row after having such a good season up to this point. I also think that the Vikings quarterback situation has turned full blown disaster on them, and it's in Detroit. It will be a celebration for the fans being able to, you know, go into a game knowing our team won the division for the first home game that they've played in thirty years under those circumstances. It's not so we saw last year Detroit in Week eighteen pull out all the stops to beat Green Bay when that was a meaningless game for them. This is not quite meaningless, but it's Detroit at home against the Vikings quarterback situation. The three and a half you feel a little squeamish about, but I don't mind it all lay the three and a half. Nick Mullins Jaren Hall. Doesn't matter that the Vikings should have stuck with Josh Dobbs. They I think they had too quick of a trigger there, and maybe they would be in a slightly better position. Detroit minus three and a half, all right, Next.
Speaker 3: You got Giants plus five and a half versus Philly. All the home teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so oh that well except for Cleve in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: So here's the Giants plus five and a half logic. It's not only that Dable. I think this team you know, likes him and plays hard for him. We saw him play hard two weeks ago against the Giants against the Eagles, saw him play hard this week against the Rams. It's also that I think Dallas is going to get out to a quick, early, big lead against Washington. When that happens, Demonse, I think Philly pulls their guys. Jalen is banged up, Jalen is you know, DeVante Smith is obviously hurt. I think that Philly is going to go into this game saying we're playing our starters, and if Dallas is up seventeen to three on Washington, then all of a sudden, this game becomes totally meaningless for Philly. If Dallas wins, Philly's the five seed no matter what. So I could see a scenario where Jalen Hurts is pulled and Marcus Mariota comes in. Is Mariota the backup there? I think he's the backup there, and you have Philly take their guys out while the Giants are still fighting. And because of that, this is kind of contingent on Dallas getting out to an early lead. But I believe that they're playing Sam Howell because Jacoby Brissett's still hurt. I think Dallas does get out to an early lead, so the Giants, I'm sorry, So the Eagles lose motivation and start sitting there. Guys, Giants plus five and a half in a game, I think the Giants can win out right.
Speaker 3: Next, you got Miami plus three versus Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, uh so here's where we're at on this. The Bills have not been good in night games. They've lost I think seven in a row. But that's not the rationale for this. The rationale for this is quite simple. I think Miami, even with the defensive injuries, is better than Buffalo. They're at home and they're getting three points. I also, oddly, if Pittsburgh and if Pittsburgh plays Saturday, if Pittsburgh loses, Buffalo's locked into the playoffs. Okay, I don't think Pittsburgh's gonna lose against the Baltimore backups against Huntley and company. But if Pittsburgh does lose, I will no longer like this bet. If Buffalo goes into the game knowing, worst case scenario, we're in the playoffs as the six or the seven. Best case we win the division and can play free and easy, then I think Buffalo might win the game. But if I'm right that Pittsburgh is gonna beat Baltimore on Saturday, and the Bills and Sean, now they also need for this to be true. You also need Jacksonville to win Sunday, but Jacksonville's a favorite the playing the Titans. If Pittsburgh wins Saturday, Buffalo will go to bed Saturday night knowing it's probably win and we're the two seed. Lose and we're out of the playoffs entirely, And I don't think Buffalo's built for that type of pressure situation. I think that Buffalo the last two weeks has been a team right for a loss. I think Buffalo, if they have all this time leading up to the game. It's the final game of the regular season, and all of a sudden, you have a Miami team that is desperate to stave off disaster for their season. Miami last week Demonsey was playing to be the one seed. All of a sudden, if they lose this week, they're the sixth seed and they go to Kansas City in Round one, and the media can say what they want about the Chiefs. I promise you Mike McDaniel and the Dolphins did not anticipate that this year was going to start in the road at Arrowhead to start the postseason. So Miami's gotta have it, and you can say, well, Buffalo's gotta have it too, if Pittsburgh wins. I don't think Buffalo's good and gotta have it situations, and I think that Miami will put Jalen Ramsey on Diggs, try to frustrate Digs early, and we are going to get before halftime. Coming out of commercial break on Sunday Night Football, Melissa Stark saying, here's what we saw on the sideline between Stepan Diggs and Josh Allen, and I ing it is on the board that this is Digg's last game as a Bill, and I like Miami in this spot, so for all those reasons, I like Miami. So my picks recap Demons is Cleveland getting seven at Cincinnati, New England plus a point and a half at home against the Jets, Detroit minus three and a half at home against Minnesota, the Giants plus five and a half at home against Philly, Miami plus three at home against Buffalo. Do we have an offer this week?
Speaker 3: We do have an offer this week. We are calling this the exactly what you ordered offer week eighteen. So the Bills to miss the playoffs parlay. So that would mean the Jags, Steelers, and Dolphins all to win straight up at plus four thirty five taking it.
Speaker 2: So, I may or may not make this bet right now, though I'm telling you, and I don't know if any of them watch. But if you're a Bills fan, this is not my style, but I can still recommend it. Make this bet. If you're a die hard Bills fan, just put a little bit on this because if you all of us, you're going into this weekend thinking you're gonna win the Super Bowl. If you're a diehard Bills fan, we're gonna beat Miami. We're gonna be the two seed. We're gonna get some nonsense team in round one. This is what Bills fans are thinking. We're gonna get whoever the seventh seed is in round one. We're gonna wax them. Then Patrick Mahomes has to come to our building for the first time ever. We're gonna beat them, and we are cooking with gas. That's what Bills fans want.
Speaker 3: Wait, I didn't think I thought you were said.
Speaker 2: I'm not that correct. I said I wouldn't do this, But I think Bills fans, yeah, the the I know that's where your head that right now. It is going to be almost indescribable pain. If Pittsburgh wins Saturday, Jacksonville wins Sunday at one, and then you guys lose to the Dolphins and you're out entirely mitigate that a bit by making this bet, Bill's fans mitigate it just a bit. And if it doesn't come in, you're not going to be upset because your team's as your team's in the playoffs. Even if you lose, your teams still in the playoffs. So I strongly recommend that our we have a never before seen, never before done special Year in Review c block involving one of our most famous and beloved viewers ever. That's next. What's Right? All right, welcome back in What Driving Nick Wright? Episode two oh five. All right, demons, we have a special segment here. Go ahead and set it up for us, if you would.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So a year ago, our friend Lloyd c went on Jeopardy and gave you, in kind of me, a shout out, and we're going to replay the shout out for those viewing on YouTube.
Speaker 5: I love sports talk radio. My favorites are Nick Wright and I just I you know, I do literary criticism and I think what they do is sports criticism and it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I that made me so happy when that happened. Yeah, it was really wonderful. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you called this one of the greatest moments of your life. So it's been exactly it's been exactly a year since this came out, and it's not too late for a Year in Review, and so I'm not combined the two with your lifelong dream of being on Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to then, let's do it. We're gonna do What's Right Jeopardy. Let's go ahead, and I think Lloyd's involved, so go ahead and run the animation.
Speaker 4: Please, Welcome to What's Right with Nick Wright Jeopardy. I'm your host, Ivy League professor, two time Jeopardy champ, but most importantly number one fan of What's Right with Nick Right Lloyd's seeds. With a new year underway, the producers and I wanted to check how much the two of you really know about the show and each other. Our category ofies today are overs and unders. There won't be any buzzers today. We'll just alternate, starting with demonse.
Speaker 3: Starting with demonse, All right, sweet, go ahead, I'll start. Can we can? I go unders for a six hundred? We're going big.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty three, we spent under ten minutes in this part of the show.
Speaker 3: Baseball. Wait, what is baseball? Sorry?
Speaker 4: The correct answer is bonus time.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 2: Oh that was oh bonus time because I went long on it everything. Okay, that's pretty good. That's a good answer by Lloyd. I it so, but my head was where yours was as well, Demanse, And that I thought. And by the way, I'm making an executive decision on the scores. Here, guys, we're not doing negative for wrong answers because since we have to answer the questions, and because I want to make sure that Demanse has money and I have money when we get to final jeopardy, we're not doing negative because you're only you should only do negative if you buzz in like I want to answer it. We're not doing that, all right. Demanse did exactly what my strategy was gonna be, which is, given the fact that we're alternating answers and questions, you gotta make sure you have an opportunity to answer the high dollar amounts. So that was a heady play. So I'll go overs for six hundred.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty three, we spent over twenty hours in this part of the show.
Speaker 2: Over twenty hours in this part of the show. I mean, it's got to be the A block. It's got to be the A block.
Speaker 4: Oh, the correct answer is overtime.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Well, you know what I'm gonna go ahead and say that is that is in the It's fine.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna know I.
Speaker 2: Believe that that is accurate. What I'm saying is there were more than one correct answers there. We definitely spent more than one. We definitely spent more than twenty hours in the A block like I Lloyd, I don't blame you. I think the producer set me up to fail a bit there. But Demons, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go overs for four hundred.
Speaker 4: This season, Nick has been over the moon about this team, which he picked the most amount of times.
Speaker 3: Jeez, this, if it's football, it's got to be the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: What is the correct answer is.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ?
Speaker 2: Okay, demonte, we're not doing great here. I'll go unders four hundred.
Speaker 4: This season, Nick has underestimated this team the most, betting against them nine times.
Speaker 2: Nine times. All right, give me a second here, I gotta think about this. I've gone against this team nine times. I'm gonna take my time and I'm not cheating. But what I am doing is looking at a full just the NFL standings, just so I can look at you know what I'm gonna. I'm gonna what is the Buffalo Bills?
Speaker 3: I was gonna? I was?
Speaker 4: The correct answer is the forty nine ers?
Speaker 3: Silence?
Speaker 2: All right, demonse, we don't know our own show. This is what are we gonna do for Final Jeopardy? Them zero dollars. Maybe we should have started with the easy ones. Go ahead, your turn, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Uh, I'm gonna go unders for two hundred.
Speaker 4: This season, Demonse hit this type of bet under three times.
Speaker 3: Oh jeez, oh thanks? What are teasers?
Speaker 4: The correct answer is a teaser.
Speaker 2: There you go. We finally got one right, all right, last on the board, overs for two hundred.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty three, Nick Demonse tweeted about this man over eighty times.
Speaker 2: I mean the fact that said Nick and Demonse, it can only be possibly be three people, the Prince, the King, or Mahomes. I'm gonna go with Lebron James.
Speaker 3: Who is Lebron Joe Raymond?
Speaker 4: The correct answer is Lebron James.
Speaker 3: There we go. That ratio was is that like seventy seven to three or what he's like? Oh?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 3: Alright, tweets.
Speaker 2: I had time now for final Jeopardy. The score is two hundred to two hundred on this one to monsday. We have to write down our wagers, which can be up to two hundred, and our answers, and then we will reveal it. So, okay, go ahead, I'm gonna do mine on here, all right? Are we ready to play the final Jeopardy question in category.
Speaker 4: Let's just time for final Jeopardy Today's category. Stars of the show, lock in your wagers now.
Speaker 2: My wager is locked in. Have you written down your wager demanday?
Speaker 3: Anywhere from zero to two hundred? I all right.
Speaker 4: This member of the Right family was the featured member of the show's most watched YouTube clip in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: All right, I've got my answer. Okay, nobody can read that. What does yours say?
Speaker 3: Says Granddaddy for two hundred?
Speaker 2: Oh, damn it, mine says Deanna for one nine. What's the answer?
Speaker 4: What's the great answer? Was the aura?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 4: Good luck on another year of what's right?
Speaker 3: Wrong?
Speaker 2: But my wager strategy paid off. I love myself a dollar so I'm the returning champion. What a moment. What a moment. I absolutely out foxed you there. I knew you'd go big. I knew it. Now if we both got it right, I would have felt bad about it.
Speaker 3: That thing kind of frustrated me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, this whole thing.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh? So The top clip of the show was when Demanse got kicked off the show for diora So that was the first one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ok, yeah, uh so that was that.
Speaker 2: Well how about that one dollar? I move on to fight again next year. We did terribly there. We both got Final Jeopardy wrong. We only got the gimme questions right. We really did poorly. Thank you Lloyd. That is really and a shout out to our friend Lloyd. Thank you for that, Lloyd. Thank you to everyone who was watching. Appreciate you guys. Do me one favorite. You got this point in the podcast. Don't argue with people in my mentions today. Don't don't. It's not It's not worth it for your own mental health. Let these people yell into the void and know that I'll never see it. Talk to you guys on Tuesday, See you later. What's right, Hey, it's Nick right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor. Click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demanday's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers, so help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And your audio listeners, people that have commutes, drives, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes. All that check it out, Appreciate your