Speaker 1: Coming up with the Get Loud podcast. Of course we'll talk chats. Of course we'll go back talk about the rams, have to we have to also.
Speaker 2: Smoother Claus, Yes, Smoother Claus and Marock Harriet just a little bit in that what you want for Christmas.
Speaker 3: I ain't do.
Speaker 1: What ever want? It is to Get Loud Podcast with Janc and Smooth, presented by see Geek, the official ticketing partner up to wash the Commanders. Yes, we'll get into it, but I cannot wait to ask you about Christmas in Santa Claus.
Speaker 3: You have no idea how excited I have about this.
Speaker 2: You know I turned the smoother Claus every year roundoo clause. Yeah, I turned the smoother clause.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You know what I remember when I was young and my mom you be like, when you get older, you're gonna love the guild more than you received me as the only child, I'm like, ever never like going to guild. But you know, as I got older, I love the gilt absolutely, Like putting a smile on the kid face of somebody unexpected that didn't think they was gonna get a gift.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, So you know that's how I know I'm matured.
Speaker 1: I was the same way. I wasn't an only child, but I was the same. I was like, no, I'm always gonna want always, yes, all of it, but.
Speaker 2: It ain't nothing like seeing them kids rush open and tear them, to tear them, you know, the gifts open it.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I was a little diabolical in mind.
Speaker 2: So I used to like poke a hole, like while my mama was in working out, poke a hole in the present.
Speaker 3: Then I'd get a flash light.
Speaker 2: And if you poke a hole in it with the flashlight and put the light in there, it'll light the whole box up until you what's in it.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I had all kind of diabolical moves, like I was never waiting to Christmas. I always knew and I always knew I was gonna get a football.
Speaker 3: And I used to tell my mama stop rapping it because it looked like a football. Like she would just wrap the football. She would just wrapped the football.
Speaker 2: And I'd be like, every year I get a football, stop rapping it.
Speaker 3: Just put it right there what.
Speaker 2: You always put it in and let it be what's the because I know that was that was the one president I got every year.
Speaker 3: The most consistent president was a football. What was yours? What's something that you your parents just repeated got you? I don't care what?
Speaker 1: Maybe a mic ad cologne, ad colon? Oh my, I had some steps to One year, I got a stocking stuff for call. It was called savage, but they put an accent on the last a to make it savage savage. I do remember, and I remember I was in the supermarket like two weeks after Christmas, and that was like two ninety nine.
Speaker 3: I was like, this smells like gasoline.
Speaker 2: That's why when I had the cool water, remember, yes, sir, I had spread all over your neck and your band everywhere.
Speaker 3: Just cool water.
Speaker 1: Here would douse themselves in cool water.
Speaker 2: Well, cool water I think was the first cologne for teens.
Speaker 1: It was nice, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just saying because we didn't have a cologne for a long time. Your uncle wo o spice, your daddy wo stitching. But it was never a young person's cologne. Into cool water came out's right, and it only was for teeny boppers, all right. Everybody in my high school, you walk down the hall, you smell cool water, like everywhere.
Speaker 1: I rap songs used to wrap about cool water back in the day.
Speaker 3: Do they even still sell it, Like, how did it ever go out of style?
Speaker 2: Like you would have thought our generation would have been like only rock cool water, you know, just like our granddaddy's stayed with old spice. We didn't stay with cool water.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: And it sounds it sounds smooth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like somebody came with what were gonna name this cool water?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well we didn't get any surprises this weekend out in La unfortunately. Yeah, we did lost for the Commanders fist straight loss officially out of playoff contention. Let's try to find some positives here and then we'll dig a little bit deeper. I will say it was good to see Terry go off and do it forty one.
Speaker 2: Good to see him get the ball through to him like he did go up there and get them balls, show people that I'm the top ten wide receiver. And what I do love about Terry he ain't gonna bicker. He won't say nothing if he ain't getting the ball, very centent of moss in that way. I'm just here to go to work and if you get me the ball, you don't. If you don't, it's fine, Yeah, but I know if it was me I'd be like, you know, somebody throw me the ball. I need the all to prove my worth, you know what I'm saying. So good to see Terry make some plays. Good to see Pain makes some plays. Good to see us try to come back in the game. Don't give up because at this time of year, it's testing in your mental fortitude. Like you gotta ask yourself, not only am I playing for the name on the front, I'm playing for the name on the back.
Speaker 3: Like you gotta realize all.
Speaker 2: Thirty two teams watching this fan wondering am I gonna sign you or bring you in next year?
Speaker 3: So everybody like, oh the team to check out? Never would we check out.
Speaker 2: We have to continue to play this game the way it was supposed to be played.
Speaker 3: And yesterday we let one get away. We could have won that game. Yeah, we could have won that game.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what I think got the the fan base in up orld was so close but yet so far away, like trying to identify where are we? And I think that's confusing the fans right now.
Speaker 1: I have a question. Maybe it's a little odd, but you obviously you play for your teammates, you play for yourself you're trying to get a paycheck. But it also sometimes I feel like maybe depends on where you're from. Have you ever been in a situation or know someone who said, I'm from here, I'm from this area, like I'm playing for my city, like I'm playing for my people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, most definitely a lot of players play for the city. That's why I say the jerk that not name on the front of the jersey represents the city, and you're gonna play for them, and you're gonna rip them because a lot of your division games come up. At the end of the year, you still got the Cowboys coming up. You know, you win two of them and year people can forget about the other fifteen games. So that's the thing about it is, Yeah, you're gonna play for their sense respecting. Then you're gonna play for your fan base and the people that you love and you care about.
Speaker 3: But it becomes it comes hard because losing.
Speaker 2: It's contagious, like it's one of those things. It's a stink around it and the only the odorant for losing is winning. And at one point you have to do it because people understand they playing for next year. We're always playing for next year, because not for long is what the NFL stands for. Like, that's that's the keynote speaker right there, not for loone. You will not play this game forever. So the last taste you leave in some of the mouth is that's who you are.
Speaker 1: You can you always hear the phrase you can learn how to win, you can also learn how to lose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're losing can become a habit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like some teams find ways to lose, Like the Falcons found a way to lose to the Carolina Panthers. Like found a way to lose to the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: That's a habit. That's a habit.
Speaker 2: You can only change that by getting that taste of winning in your mouth. Once you get that taste in your mouth, it becomes addictive. And you got to have people that play consistently, and I think that's what we ain't had. Like I think everybody on the team has been up and down this year. Yeah, like even by the drum Pain, he'll come and take over for a whole series and come up missing for a couple of series.
Speaker 3: Even Sam go out there.
Speaker 2: Throw for four hundred, come back throw fo one hundred and fifty, like show us the standard. Like, that's what we want to know as the fans. What is the standard? And I think that's what we gotta find. That's what we gotta sit here.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Sam Jakobe Brissette came in look great in relief. Yeah, and this it's gonna be something that fans debated. I knew as soon as it happened.
Speaker 2: I was like, Oh, here we go, do it. Listen, we all got a spare tie in our trunk. We don't need that spare tie until we need that spare tie until the original talire goes flat.
Speaker 3: Sam was flat. All right, we put in the spare tire. It got us home.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put back on the original talier once we get it plugged and fixed.
Speaker 3: And that's what you need to understand.
Speaker 2: The most popular person on every football team is the backop quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yes, because he has the greatest what if over his head.
Speaker 2: And then he'll he'll be on the team for ten years, probably play four games, come in in them four games relief pitcher into the Sandman, and he comes in and wins the game, walk off, and now he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Yeah, No, that other team did not plan for him, They did not study him. When he came in, they started to play very blad defenses because they didn't know what to respect from him. So that's why the backup quarterback always looks better than the start and quarterback in certain circumstances. It's because we don't plan for the backup quarterback. I'll never forget. We're playing Pittsburgh one year, London them on the field. Oh it's a brawl at FedEx right now, we end up taking out being Roethlisberger took him out.
Speaker 3: We get back to the Hudder.
Speaker 2: I'm like, London, it's time for us to eat that baby. They put in Byron Leftwich and I'm like, you know what time for let's go get these balls back. A quarter later, we down twenty and Bron came in there and we hadn't practiced for him, and it was just laying it out there because we wasn't prepared for him.
Speaker 3: But we love playing backup quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Good defenses. But dee Mond, the circumstances you find yourself here.
Speaker 1: When it comes to sim in particular, this might as well be his rookie season.
Speaker 3: I know this rookie season. It's a rookie season.
Speaker 1: So you always hear this with any player, particularly quarterbacks who play the rookie season.
Speaker 3: They hit that rookie wall. You've had that expression before.
Speaker 1: Is this kind of what's happening with him where he's kind of just, at least this season hit the ceiling a little bit and he needs an off seasonal work.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: So, I think he's hitting there and then realize that after you get sacked fifty plus times that wall comes.
Speaker 3: To you, you don't need to hit it.
Speaker 2: The wall chasing you want, all right, So and I did feel like yesterday he looked a little sluggish even when he run. He always run with this little waddle anyway, but I didn't see the giddy up in it yesterday. Yeah, Like I could see his body starting to break down a tad bit.
Speaker 3: And this is what happened.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: People don't understand that the tackles in secks that this guy has got up from. I have gave him kudos all year long for that, but I knew at one point when is the body gonna start to show fatigue? Yesterday was the first time I think all year to me saying body showed fatigue and it showed it. It was lethargic. Yeah, he was lethargic. And that's what happens in this season, man, And people don't understand. Then they added an extra game to make a seventeen games.
Speaker 3: That's even harder.
Speaker 2: So you know, hey, I give I give props to Sam. Yesterday was not one of his better performances. All I want the fan base to do is relax, Jacoby said, as a backup for a reason. All right, come down, let's finish this season. See what we got in Sam. Move on from there.
Speaker 1: Sam naturally has taken a lot of hits this year, and he used to work on get rid of the balls sooner. We all know that. But doesn't he need to do a better job of sliding avoiding content. These young cats come in especially and he he will take which I appreciate, but he's a couarterback.
Speaker 3: He's got to protect his body.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think I know that hit he took earlier in the year from Arizona Cardiners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't think he was getting back up from now.
Speaker 1: He's taking a few of those.
Speaker 2: He's taking a photo, but you can't learn it on the sideline. He has to learn that playing the game of football, and I think, yeah, situation, he is learning like on the NFL a little bit in college football, Uh, the players are a lot fast, a lot aggressive, a lot more aggressive, and uh they attack.
Speaker 3: A lot more harder.
Speaker 2: And I think what he has to learn also is not only protecting himself outside the pocket. He has to learn how to protect hisself inside the pocket. If it was up to me this summer, I would send especially if I'm like, yeah, this is my quarterback. I was like, I need you to do I need to you and Tom Brady to do some workouts together. Yeah, I only want you to learn how I need you to do it with Tom Brady and anybody that knows how to do the cha cha, I need a dance instruction.
Speaker 3: Because he needs to learn how to maneuver the pocket.
Speaker 2: He needs to learn how to not I mean stay looking down field, but I can I.
Speaker 3: Can feel it. It's a feel. It's like a sixth sense.
Speaker 2: He has to learn that sixth sense of maneuvering the pocket with his arm strengthen with his talent. It'll take him to the next level. Yeah, it will take it will skyrocket him to the next level.
Speaker 3: You could see something. I'm in the pocket.
Speaker 2: He panics, Yeah, right, well he can't sometimes can't see after a little Drew brees and learn from Drew Brees, not how to throw overlineming, how to throw through them, find passing lanes, learn how to get different angles and get everything there. I think he got all the weapons in the world in his webertoire, finding out when to use them and how to use them. I think a take Salem to the next level.
Speaker 3: We talk about next level. Talk about Honda. Please, Oh come on, I do it. Let's feel the power of the CRV Hybrid.
Speaker 1: I love Honda The Court Hybrid Hondra's most electrifying vehicles yet, Find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most rugged suv ever. Or experienced the absolutely thrilling performance of the fund to Drive Honda Civic with an available if you wanted turbo charged engine, get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you at your local Honda dealer.
Speaker 3: Pull up on them, all right, pull up on them. That's what you do.
Speaker 1: And we can't forget about good friends at RTS Recycle Track systems transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combine the power of AI with premium customer service to optimize waste pickup schedules, ensuring timely and efficient collections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. Rainer visit RTS dot com to learn more about how they can help your business manage waste or.
Speaker 2: Sund December is the biggest recycling month of the year, is it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Because of Christmas, all the gift trading stuff like that. You got all the wrapping paper, you got all the boxes, you got all the cardboards. The most shipping month of the year is December. So yes, more recycling this month than any month of the year.
Speaker 3: And by the way, speaking of gifts, did you know this trivia? Okay? No, I'm gonna ask you first to see can you answer it? Okay? What's the largest gift of a gifted? I will guess the Statue of Liberty?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You are right? Got it? Gifted by the French? You are you understand? The largest gift of all time is the Statue of Liberty.
Speaker 1: He cann forget that we just build that. The French gave it to it.
Speaker 3: They gave it to us, like wait to start a country. By the way, we're gonna sit, y'all. A woman that's up for a million huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the lordest gift ever gifted French to the Americans.
Speaker 3: Statue.
Speaker 1: That's a great trivia question. It was bragging about you this week and somebody asked me about the pod and I said, listen, Fred knows a lot about a lot. And I told them the Vietnamese cave story. I said, you gotta looked this up because I looked at it up and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, I don't know, and he was right, listen, man, I know a lot of useless information like that.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why trivia. Couple of things. You know, how you mark things down in your life.
Speaker 2: I always did it like I had to end it for him and that off already out of it. I want to go on Jeopardy, Alice, I really did.
Speaker 3: I still do. You can crush it and I can crush Jeopardy. And what else did I want to do? You would be good at Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding, no, no, I like I enjoyed questions, enjoyed trying to figure out the what, the why, the how, and and I like I watched History Channel so much like even my he wud be like again like every day, like I like to.
Speaker 3: I like to soak in information. I think it's I think it's good. I think it's healthy, no question. And I need and I'm going pro bowling. That's what I want, pro boling, PVA.
Speaker 1: So how would you grade the Commander's defense? He talked about the offense, and once again, I feel like two things have been killing this team. One is we definitely know explosive plays, yes, and third down conversions in particular in this game, the rams again and again and again.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 2: Well, I can tell you this, Matthew Stafford. You won't to talk about a quarterback. And I know people never gave him his props in Detroit, but if you see the angles his strength he through with yesterday.
Speaker 3: I remember one.
Speaker 2: Play he was in the pocket, flat footed. He was throwing it to the right side of the sideline.
Speaker 3: I know for a fact it.
Speaker 2: Was like a twenty yard throw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't even step into it. I saw that flash. I thought he was throwing it out of bound.
Speaker 2: No, no, just laser right there like sometimes people do not know how good these quarterbacks are. Matthew Stafford is a blessing to quarterbacks and going against him and slowing down.
Speaker 3: I can say this about this, This defense and I know it don't look like that.
Speaker 2: On our side has played a lot better since Coach Rivera tooking over this defense. They they are more in tune on what they're trying to do. They're way better in the red zone. Yeah, like they've been better in the red zone. They've been crossing their t's and dotting their eyes. We just ain't had the people stepping up making game changing plays like that's what the Rams did yesterday. They had people step up with Cooper Cup. I know there was a busted coverage right there. You cannot have that. I know it's y'all tidy repetitives hearing us saying it. But the top five deepenses I was on, we didn't have bus like that. We were always on the same page, had the same synergy, knew where we were supposed to be at. You're gonna have to beat us physically, and I think that's what it is. Yesterday we got to beat physically and mentally. You cannot have that happen not Sunday in, Sunday inn and Sunday out, because then you're not giving yourself a chance to win. Yeah, defense got turnovers. We've been asking for turnovers. They got turnovers. Offense gotta put points on the board. I don't care if it's three. You gotta put points on the board when we get turnovers. So when I look at the defense, I thought it was a great surprise seeing to run pain line up at the defensive end, watch them dominate a couple of tackles.
Speaker 3: I thought that was different.
Speaker 2: Nice wrinkle Coach Rivera like I say, reds on defense. You can win with what they played red zone style against the Rams. So defense not so bad. Offense shows up some games, score forty. Defense know where to be found? Give up fifty?
Speaker 3: All right? Defense? Shit, somebody down. Offense know where to be found? Yeah? Win?
Speaker 2: Are we gonna have the complete game? And I think that's what the fans want in the wining. We're gonna have one game where everybody shows up and on the same page.
Speaker 1: I know Montez has been traded, Chase has been too, but it feels like am I wrong in saying there's some depth there too? And obviously some talent. Are you surprised we haven't seen more from the D line this year? They'll flash, but I was hoping to see more consistency.
Speaker 3: Well, not consistently. We want to see them dominate.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping for consistent you know what I mean, because I thought I was gonna see domination.
Speaker 3: Well dominate.
Speaker 2: For them to dominate, they also got to have individual games. It ain't too many individual games we could say this person dominated, but I can't stay paying didn't dominate in Denver. He only had two drives where he dominated.
Speaker 3: Uh Ali.
Speaker 2: I think John has been hurt and ain't saying nothing. kJ Henry he flashes, Yeah, he flashed. Anytime I watch a game O kJ Heary in it, he flashes a lot. Jones flashes. So you got flashes, but they young. I'm looking for them to be inconsistent because they are young. So I know how we felt about the D line coming in, but it's all eleven have to play. The D line can't second quarterback if we ain't covering on the back end. The back end can't get interceptions and let the quarter unless the quarterback is uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: The D line does that.
Speaker 2: The linebackers can't make plays if the d line is letting, the officer line gets second level.
Speaker 3: So it's it's one of the things down that we do damn that we don't.
Speaker 1: One guy do want to highlight was kaliek coming in yesterday for Jamon davis Ki plays. He looked very good.
Speaker 3: He swapped paint yesterday. That we call it swapping paint.
Speaker 2: He was swapping paint yesterday and he was running sideline and sideline. He's a guy that we've been on to see play, but because he's a wheelbacker and Jamin Davis starts at the wheel, we haven't been able to see him play because Jamie was taking all the snaps. But Kalik showed you that he can play. The question is can we play both of them at the same time in distant scenario?
Speaker 3: You missing right there down.
Speaker 1: To pasing bells again, and this time I'm giving you the honors, my friend, because you've been crushing these h and every week I.
Speaker 3: Try to, I try to.
Speaker 2: The Get Loud Podcast is brought to you by bet three six five, the official sporting bet partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with Bet six y five app Craft for your own personalized bet Slip with parlays excess thousands of games with live screaming. Place your bet before the match, place your bet during the game.
Speaker 3: It's up to you.
Speaker 2: Download the bet three sixty five app today. Join eighty million members worldwide. H twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem Call of Texts one eight hundred gamblow mwaa. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us. We dream of places anywhere in the world, and in the blink of by we're there.
Speaker 3: That's the wonder flight.
Speaker 2: All you have to do is decide where to Dullis International Airport. Let your imagination sore book your adventure today at fly Dullis dot com. Slash non stop.
Speaker 1: I got, I try, I crush you.
Speaker 3: I try.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Christmas first, you would get to the jets. The jets a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, we can talk about Christmas. I'm a Christmas guy.
Speaker 1: I love Christmas and you. I just realized smoother Claus is always Yes.
Speaker 2: I've been smooth Claus a long time. It started like way back when I was playing. I used to like call Tigger on the radio and have him pick.
Speaker 3: Take her yes, oh yeah, yea yeah, have him pick out five or ten families.
Speaker 2: And I would like go to Henry Soul Food and get them to cater to the food for Christmas Day for these families. And I would go out myself and I would buy gifts for them and I would just deliver the gifts.
Speaker 3: Nobody just me.
Speaker 2: I delivered the gifts down and talk to them, and I would just go to these houses and do it. So it's always been I always the guild. And that's the thing original Rudolph. Yep, it is my favorite. I do not like any of the remakes. It's something about that creepy animal telling me whatever they were using at the time, like even if a bumling snowman.
Speaker 1: Looks yeah, yeah, it's a creepy.
Speaker 2: But good yeah yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. So it's different, man. But I felt like I broke some spirits this week. But I know I lift some spirits up, oh no question, because it was like I had because they had to stand in the line to come to Santa Claus. And some of these kids, especially like the four or five six years old, Yeah, they'll just break line and just take off running. I have a whole family. They're taking a picture of two kids just busting and.
Speaker 3: Run Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, it's me. What's the best Christmas gift you've ever received? Could be a kid, adult, doesn't matter how much it was, how little it was, it just struck a chord with you.
Speaker 3: Best Christmas gift.
Speaker 2: I think I would say my daughter, my oldest child, because I think her mom told me on like Christmas Eve that we we had a baby. It's beautiful and my daughter. I was like this, a daughter teaches you how to love. Yeah, And I thought that was the best gift that I ever got. I don't think it's nothing physical that I got. I can tell you about that Anne of theos football I got every year from my mama.
Speaker 3: I thought that was the best physical gift.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, because she just kept reinforcing I believe in you.
Speaker 1: And this is who you are. I believe this is who you.
Speaker 3: Are, is who you are.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna shay away from getting you this gift each and every year, no matter how old you get. You know, after while, you just really want money, you know, yeah, you know when you're getting your team and just give me money. She would always reinforce it with their football, so I always looked at that. But I say, my daughter Paris parents smoothest. It's my favorite gift. What about you?
Speaker 1: Oh man see, I was gonna name an actual gift because I don't have children.
Speaker 3: So you were with a child. I'm like, re'mber that time.
Speaker 1: I got that CD flame, I was like no, I was like, don't tell this story. Don't tell this. You know what we gotta thank Anna. I produce her Avenue Kirk. She didn't get us gifts she did.
Speaker 2: I got a prime time cap Colorado even though my Missispi state bulldog.
Speaker 3: It will be rocked because I am a d deeciple. Yeap.
Speaker 2: He gave me my number twenty one, gave me Majorys the rock wid Play, gave me his locker.
Speaker 3: So she don't know how much it means to me.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Anna, you are a good gift giver. She also gave it to me in a happy birthday bag.
Speaker 3: That's what made it even better because it's not your birthday. Listen, that's something that I would do. I'm the ultimate regift. Oh really, I colleck stuff all year I go to advance. You know, swag bag.
Speaker 1: You're gonna give Springs a gift card in his bag, aren't you.
Speaker 3: I am like, listen, I trade gifts with him. Every year. I get him a card.
Speaker 2: And I think this people is the ultimate t of people When they say it's the thought that counts. I want to put it to the test. So I buy people gift cards.
Speaker 3: Very scrap and get gift.
Speaker 2: Cards Louis Betime, Guccie. I put no money on them. Now y'all ask me how do I do these things? I actually go to the line, go in these places and when they ask me it and this is kind of this is when I have to like whisper to the person, how much money do you want on the card? And I'd be like six dollar. I don't know how you do six dollars?
Speaker 1: Do you make it a weird amount? Just to mess with them? Like not even if I be like I.
Speaker 2: Give you six, you know what, I go up every year, four thirty two whatever, because some cards won't it's a it's a it's a mass. I mean, not a minimum, but it's a minimum you got to put on there. So I try to stay away from those cards because shun Spring is very pretentious, and I know this. I play off of his hubious all right. I know him when he goes into certain stores.
Speaker 3: He got spinky up. He's that dude.
Speaker 2: So I only give him cards that I know he's going to attack asap.
Speaker 3: Last year I got him Louis. I know him. He went into the Lewis store because I get a call every year. Hey man, I'm in here trying to get this up this shirt. They say the car ain't working. I like it worked. It works, it's working to It's fine. There's nothing on there, dude. And every year he falls for the same thing. Like he called three days ago.
Speaker 2: We trade gifts this year again, Yes we are, like it's something about that other three hundred sixty before. He just totally forgets that. I do this every year, and I do it. I got a couple of friends. I do this every year. I send them cards and I think they just get caught up in the now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a man. I can't believe it, dude. And see then I always put a letter to my friend, my rider die home boy.
Speaker 2: At least I can do get you a pair of Gucci shoes. I'm gonna let you pick him out.
Speaker 3: Hey, So I think you gotta be kind of diabolical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in your gift giving, the older, you get more diabolic.
Speaker 1: I had to give Anti credit because now I'm gonna say something. I know she's not gonna like, sorry, Anna, worst Christmas song right now, and I know what you're gonna say, and I think it's Anna's favorite, So.
Speaker 3: I had to bounce it out.
Speaker 2: Mariah care I knew it all I want for Christmas, and I don't know if it's I started out loving it.
Speaker 3: It's just had this feel to it. Yeah, but now I go.
Speaker 2: Into shopping areas and shopping and it's all I hear bamming.
Speaker 3: Through the speakers. I go to the grocery store.
Speaker 2: And Jean, it's like, where is she the rest of the year, Like it's just Christmas pop up and it's it's the f on a Sheelf, It's the Snowman and it's Marac Carre.
Speaker 3: I'm just about to throw up the just marakh Carey, Mariah Carey, No, I don't want it.
Speaker 1: Your horse fed it.
Speaker 2: I don't want it anymore. Then we watched it lick at her trying to sing.
Speaker 1: Oh where they stripped away the instrumentals, and it was like, oh Christmas.
Speaker 3: And she's like I was like, whoa, whoa, there's the real Moriah. There's the real Mariah Carey right there.
Speaker 2: And you know she sit down in her dressing room before it and told them, you know what, because y'all take the seeds out of my grapes, all right, because you purify my water twice.
Speaker 3: A matter of fact that you get it flew in from the South Pole like you knew it over the top.
Speaker 2: I can't take it anymore. All I want for Christmas. I'm tired of it. I'm through with it.
Speaker 3: What about you? So I think you with me?
Speaker 1: I'm the same way where the song itself was a good song, but it's overdone so much like here's how you know a song is overdone. I don't ever have to play it once during the Christmas season. I don't you know why, because I'm gonna hear it all the time, matter everywhere. I like the song, but it's like I don't have to play it. I will hear it.
Speaker 2: And it's to the point now though, especially as it's grown up, I kind of just just just blame it out, like I'm like, I'm through with Mariah. Why can't some new artists, somebody come up with a new track.
Speaker 1: I read an article and I forget what it said. It was a few years ago, and it said, why hasn't there been a great Christmas song written? Since all I want for Christmas is you? That's a very good question.
Speaker 2: Yes, and where's where's the Kelsey Brothers when we need you? Nobody else can come up with, a matter of fact, my favorite Christmas song?
Speaker 1: Yeah, favorite, let's go favorite.
Speaker 2: My favorite Christmas song has to be in Holly's Queens Eating Collar Green.
Speaker 3: Wait what see the Reverend Run Run?
Speaker 2: The only the original app Christmas Carol and the only rap Christmas carre hadn't been one after It's true, it's only one that is my.
Speaker 3: Favorite, you know. Yeah, it's old school.
Speaker 1: Burl Lives have a Holy Jolly Christmas in case you didn't here, because it sounds like Santa Claus is singing it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: The Temptations, now, I love their Christmas songs all right, so it's certain people like they'll make me cry.
Speaker 3: You put on.
Speaker 2: Temptation Christmas song, different start crying and stuff stuff like that.
Speaker 3: It's just emotional that want to do it.
Speaker 2: I like the one because we played there when at the stadium other they would run DMC.
Speaker 3: I thought it was good.
Speaker 2: I seen the kids jamming to this song. Is aging pretty well, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But Mariah, I'm through with her. I'm through her. You're done. I'm done.
Speaker 2: I'm done. I need something else. Like I said, I need somebody else to make a song. Even if you remake a song, Yeah, I just need another voice. You telling me that we're so bad ass in the past that nobody can now do us. It seems to be that way because on the Swarzen Nigga Sloan, all the bad Ones, all the action actors, they still action actors because the New School ain't take it over.
Speaker 1: That's true, all right.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me in music, I cannot replace us.
Speaker 3: You have to somebody gotta do it.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift, she's the only one that could do it. Honestly, as much as like to admit it, I think she's the only one that has that power to make she'd have to make. She would make a great song. I think she's the only one who captures the public consciousness enough to make it happen.
Speaker 3: Well, we need to swim. We need to swift this to tell her that we can do it.
Speaker 1: Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber. Here's the thing. When you see Justin Bieber, image has a lot to do with this.
Speaker 2: Okay, not Frank, see Frank Sinatra Concer nature. You know, like some people had this, Mmm, I'm gonna get to your Christmas style like Beef don't have it now? Now bees walking in like, no, man, we don't even celebrate Christmas no more. So I can't save Bebes because I think whoever is a male singer Christmas song gotta be.
Speaker 1: A crooner, and there's not many male crooners out anymore. It's not the lost art.
Speaker 2: You couldn't let Prince do it because then it would be like, okay, this too.
Speaker 1: Edgy, Chris would Prince would make it sexual?
Speaker 3: Two edgy? Yes, all right, So it's like who today? Who today?
Speaker 2: Would I say, you know what, Jakes, I'm throwing the Christmas party. You wouldn't believe I got him singing Christmas so brut looking. But it seemed like Bruno just started dancing and else had just come out of nowhere. Before you know what, we got a flash mob in there. I don't know, maybe Bruno Mars. But I don't know, I know it might not be smooth enough.
Speaker 1: All right, let's think about it and we'll talk about Honda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's pay some bills. Come on, let's pay some bills.
Speaker 1: Build the power of this CRV Hybrid and the Court Hybrid, Honda's most electrifying vehicles yet. Find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport, Honda's most.
Speaker 3: Rugged suv ever.
Speaker 1: Or experienced the thrilling holiday performance of the fun to drive Honda Civic with an available turbo charged engine. You know, the drill, power, performance, ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you at your local Honda dealer.
Speaker 2: I heard Santa Claus has switched from a sleigh to a Honda.
Speaker 1: He cares about the environment.
Speaker 3: That he cares. This only way you can get around the world in one night. Yep one, take a gaze.
Speaker 1: Also the sponsor of this pod seat geek. Come on now, yeah, the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. My guys, the dealer's finalized. Guys, you don't have to worry about it. You don't have to stay up a night sweating at the newest member of the Commander's family. Get used to the name. You'll be hearing it throughout the season and throughout this pod, whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commanders games or any other event in the DMV or the North Pole. Seek Geek the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. So Commanders fans can fan.
Speaker 3: You know, even if you buy t it's to a Mariah Carey concern.
Speaker 1: I like, you go concert like she can't see it.
Speaker 3: Contuse, she ain't gonna do no concert.
Speaker 1: She ain't got it no more, coming strong against right.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: But you know, now that we're getting older, we can step back and look back and say, you know what, like they say, French who ain't got it no more can't play football Animore.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 3: I think you got it for right. I'm not mad that you say that.
Speaker 2: Everybody has to retire at one point and some people sometimes people don't know when that time has came.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Commanders Jets, Christmas.
Speaker 2: Eve Ah, Yes, the gift that keep on getting Okay, Yes, like this at the beginning of the season, huh, very high hopes for both team one lose the quarterback one trying to find a quarterback both. I think at the time they have top five established defenses, both figuring out the offensive line, both tons of skill positions wide receivers, running backs, tight ends.
Speaker 3: Only to have the smile turned upside down. That's a frown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, somebody gotta win this game. Yeah, Zach Wilson can.
Speaker 1: Cussed Trevor Simeon.
Speaker 3: Trevor Simeon Northwestern's blessing.
Speaker 2: So it's one of the things where sit back watch and enjoy, Like, please don't wager on it. It would probably be one of the hardest games too, bed On. It's one of those games you want to see people get better. You want to see guys go out there and make plays. Of course, you want to see guys. You want to see the team win. Yeah, Like at the end of the day, you want to see the team win. The Jets are gonna come in and try to win a game. Believe me, they will not come in there, they will not lay down. It's gonna be one of the things where you will be challenged mentally, physically, emotionally. Can you get up to the games when you're not going to the playoffs. That's how I'm judging you right now? Yeah, you get up when you're not going to the playoffs, because when the years come, then we're going to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Did monthery people on Maleino.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you about Quinn and Quincy Williams and brothers. Yeah, brothers playing on defense. Quinny plays on the d line. Quincy is a linebacker.
Speaker 3: And I wish I had a twin brother, Cedric that played. Yeah, Cedric smooth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Freddy said, you know, I would love to be like, yeah, I love to be the right corner in my twin brothers like the left corner, so I could be like, yeah, you just got beat.
Speaker 3: I am the better twin.
Speaker 1: We've seen all SuDS and brothers play in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Even though like Kendall Fuller right now, No, Kendall Fuller is like fourth generation NFL daddy uncle play. I think the ain't got ten years in the league is a running back like the Fuller family. And they all go to Virginia Tech, right, so they have they they have they they wait they blueprint to get to the league. I played against a lot of brothers. I played uh with Champ Bailey against Boss Bailey. I played Sharper Brothers, the Barber Brothers, uh to a couple of Barber brothers with Sean Barber and his brother. Then I played it with Tiki and run Day. So it's it's it's something about it's bloodline. Yeah, it's bloodline. But I can only wonder how it feels to play with a brother on the same team. Yeah, same defense, knowing that we've been practicing in our in our bedroom in backyard since we was like five six seven, talking about I'm Jerry Rice and I'm catching glass.
Speaker 3: You this and now to get to live it, and how proud of you got to be as parents, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And you don't have to do that split jersey thing.
Speaker 3: No, just put on your gesture.
Speaker 2: No, you just put one in the front, one in the back, Williams on the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's what I'm saying. But also the stories.
Speaker 2: You get to tell your kids, I played with your uncle. Me and your uncle play like this. Just it's laying such a blueprint right there. So I always wonder how it field. But Quinny and Quincy they seem to have fun doing. Yeah, Like I just seen brothers fire on the sideline because some ain't going right, they've seen the play off each other, then they got a great dynamic. One is the big boy, one is the linebacker, so they don't they're not really in competition, but they are in competition. So I think they more work together than against each other. But I just seen that dynamic go plenty of other ways.
Speaker 1: Don't have that natural chemistry like you were saying, because they've been playing together forever. Now I know said didn't make it to the least. Yes, but who was someone you played with where he might not have been your brother, but he was your brother like you got each other and you could read each other's mannerisms.
Speaker 3: Knee Shun Springs and Shun Taylor. Yeah, we didn't.
Speaker 2: We basically spoke sign language for four hours every Sunday.
Speaker 3: We could literally if the man is in motion, I'm looking at shun either Shun. We don't need chicks.
Speaker 2: We had already been watching film all week together. We gonna do this on this play. We don't need to talk. We found like the more we can hide our signals, the more we can use them for four quarters simple things. I could look at Sean and just tap the back of my leg. Sean Taylor knows I'm finna play over top of smooth because he's not backpelling. When I slept, my thought, I mean, I am finna go get this ball and they're gonna have to beat me deep and I need you back there. We had all these verbal keys, verbal signals that made it easy for us to play together. We had brother synergy, and I thought it was the easiest my time. My easiest time in the NFL was playing with those two guys because we had that synergy and we played so fast and it allowed us to not say against anything, but it's also allowed us to be my brother's keeper.
Speaker 3: That was all our our thing.
Speaker 2: We protected each other like we knew nobody's getting a ten year career if if one of us keep giving up something like we're gonna have to We're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have to give some to take some in this situation.
Speaker 2: So me and Shaun Spreees most definitely and Seun Taylor brother lee communication. We can do it non verbally, we can do it verbally, question, we can do it over time.
Speaker 3: We went to the sidelines. We always had a plan, and I.
Speaker 2: Think that's what our defensive backfield has to get to here. Y'all have to have a plan for every situation, Like it ain't nothing we ain't seen. We see a bunch of patrick, we already got a plan for it. We're gonna box it all if they're gonna stack the receive. We got a plan for a blue You go down, eye press, you play catch. So we had a plan for everything, and I think it comes from repetition. Also, I can say this about Seawn's friends, very high IQ, and I don't want to say that about Ohio State bucket, but you know what I'm saying, Very.
Speaker 3: High football IQ makes it easy to play.
Speaker 2: I learned a lot from them, stole a lot of tricks of the trades from That's that's what you call synergy, and that's what y'all being able to work together.
Speaker 1: And this isn't that the ultimate form of communication. And I've experienced this too. It all be it in a different field where someone can look at you, they can give you a point, and you'll be like, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 3: I know exactly what we own the same thing. Yes, like that.
Speaker 2: Look just told me three words, yes, yes, And I'm good with it. And this shows that y'all.
Speaker 3: Love what you're doing. First of all, that you care.
Speaker 2: About what you're doing, and you want to dominate what you're doing, because if you don't have that, you ain't got a chance with the receivers. You ain't got a chance with to and and Random Moss and all these guys. If you don't have that type of communication.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of fans out there are frustrated, and rightfully so, I get that it's been disappointing. But you're gonna always take things at the end of the season and say, all right, this is a positive. We can build on this. Yeah, something moving forward. What's the one thing, the most important thing to you that you want to see on Christmas Eve?
Speaker 3: I want to see I want to see.
Speaker 2: I want that game I've been asking for where offense shows up, special team shows up, defense shows up. Show me the ceiling. I have just seen the floor. Show me the ceiling, Like, put four quarters together? Can't This is my challenge for the team. Can you put four quarters together.
Speaker 3: For this last hoorah, this last run? Can you show us who you really are?
Speaker 1: Look upon an early Christmas gift against the Jets. Yeah, Merry Christmas, my man, Merry Christmas to everybody.
Speaker 3: Idea man, humbug
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.