Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama.
Speaker 3: Girl drama, girl, all about them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl sharing for the right teams.
Speaker 4: Drama, queens up girl fashion, but your tough girl.
Speaker 1: You could sit with us girl drama, Queens drama, Queens Drama, Queens drama, Drahna Queens drama Queens.
Speaker 2: You guys, we have one of our favorite, favorite favorite people with us. What a scamp this one.
Speaker 5: We got joy.
Speaker 3: We got one in them, not one in a million, one in a billion. I mean Tyler Hilton, ladies and gentlemen, Chris Keller himself a dear friend of flowers.
Speaker 2: Oh Tyler, there you are with the tight fresh haircut.
Speaker 6: Ooh no, no, love it.
Speaker 2: Tyler. We miss you. We're excited to play twenty three questions with you.
Speaker 6: I know I'm too.
Speaker 3: Thanks for jumping in, man, what you been doing? What's going on? What's happening in your life?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 6: Hang in. I just finished the score for a Megan's movie, so that was cool. We just wrap that in the last few weeks. And the little town she filmed it in, they have like a local paper, and they were like, well, the economy's booming because all this film production moved in for a movie called My Old Ass. And he said the whole thing in the new paper and I was like, oh, okay, they're like and it's not about a donkey, apparently according to sources. And I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: When she told us the name of that, I was like, of course.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 6: Can I tell you guys a story really quick? We're on my god. So I just went outside before this heard all this commotion. All these ducks in the yard flew away really quick, it was, and usually that means a predator is in the area. And I had swooped down on a duck that was just chilling there and got him right there in front of me. It was the weirdest thing. And it's like, what should happen? Said, and you're happy at the same time, but just so dramatic to watch go down.
Speaker 3: Also, birds attacking birds. I didn't know that was a thing that a hawk would attack a duck. I know they go after mice and stuff, but.
Speaker 6: No, they just like there's one that just like hangs out in the area and he just you know, you know, get away. In time and everything, and you're like, oh, the hawk must be this time.
Speaker 2: No, wait till your daughter starts going outside like talking to it, just like, come hither hawk.
Speaker 6: Oh, she talks to the animals all the time. That's like you feed the birds in the morning and the raccoons in the in the evening, all.
Speaker 2: Those trash bandas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dumpster pandas not things. Did you name your hawk or any of your other.
Speaker 6: Vah, we haven't named the hawk, but the other ones have names. So we live now in the house that Megan grew up in and her mom grew up in. So it's like there's been these animals are like, oh, that duck right there is the is the kid of spacey and you know st or light or whatever. Generations have just been chilling here.
Speaker 2: It's so old timy all right. Well that leads us to our first question, friend, first question for you is what is your idea of perfect happiness? Is it feeding recoons? Who?
Speaker 6: Well, that's such a cool question. I feel like being unencumbered to like do whatever hobby, chase whatever hobby or interest or thing that makes you curious. I think that's about as close to happiness as you can get and I feel like as I get older, that's what I'm solving for more and more. Like freedom, freedom of choice to do things that you want that seems like happy, you know, happiness to me, And that's how I'm raising when that's what I want for my family. You know, that kind of thing where you can create safe sandboxes to kind of be free in. That's like, that's happiness. I think I was just talking.
Speaker 2: About that earlier today. It was like being in my forties finally realizing that I don't necessarily like the things that I was told I liked as a kid. Yeah, and and just the freedom to be like.
Speaker 6: I don't like that. No, I did it because I that is to break away from the pact on something that you don't agree with them on. That's true freedom, whether it's like whatever, you know that that's like, that's a vibe because we all have that. I'm sure, like, I wonder what the percentage is, but I'm sure like, like at least a third of our preferences, if we truly get down in there, don't line up with the rest of society. And what do you do with those? You know, what are you going to do with those? I guess always. That's that's the maybe thing of life is always be fighting in whatever way you can and small, you know, always just taking the road that kind of leaves you closer to more of those or something you know, you are.
Speaker 3: Found Darling, I miss I miss conversations I ever gave you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, these are hard, these are grad school questions.
Speaker 6: You're my favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, okay, listen, here's the next one. What's your greatest fear?
Speaker 6: Oh man, Well, the service level answer would be like heights, Like I've always like I can't do heights, like physically, oh my gosh. In fact, Hillary, you're a part of this story that actually is so funny of me in heights, Like I always had such a thing with heights. I can't, Yes, I can't even it's not even like a choice. I physically can't go higher, like my legs will freeze and stuff. So we're doing Christmas on the Bayou. They don't tell me this, and we get to set and they're like, okay, so for this scene, you're going to be fixing that street light up there, street light and we have this ladder going up to it, and you're kind of putting Christmas lights and I was like on the street light way up there, and I was like, am I on a harness? They're like, no, no, no, we'll get you up there. And I was like, it was the only time I've ever been filming that. I said, I can't do that, Like, I mean, I can't, I won't. I won't make it up there or whatever. It's so funny. That was the movie with you or whatever. So they had me hang some light like lights on a tree or something.
Speaker 2: Didn't they get they used the child actor's dad as a body double for you. You were a good one and a half taller than that dude. Oh no, it did not match. It was not a match.
Speaker 3: I won't make it up there, he said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's my biggest Yeah, that was scary. Okay, if you could be the best in the world at something anything, what would it be? Whoa like the best in the world.
Speaker 3: Anything?
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, I mean you know, I'm sure there's like a the responsible thing would be like what does the world need? And then like try to be the best for them? The first engineer it like like the selfish answer is like so I actually like played my friend's wedding that actually I played Eli and Marissa's wedding this weekend from the One Tree Hill Conventions. I don't know if you're like, they're there and they're part of like the staff, the literally the biggest, hardest people ever, and so shout out to them. But as I was playing it, I haven't been playing a lot of shows, I uh realized how much I love singing for people. It's like the craziest thing. Touring is hard and sucks, and so I'm trying to get out of touring. But then I forget how much I love singing for people and honestly.
Speaker 3: So magical on stage.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I know it's.
Speaker 3: It is, but you are also yes, yeah.
Speaker 6: But like I just it's truly like a spiritual vibe, you know. And and I think, like, you know, if there's some way I could harness that into like whatever, being the best in the world at that, you know, if my guitar my voice could be like my superpower and I could go everywhere with that, I would, you know, Like I love that.
Speaker 3: That is so funny that you pick something that it already is your superpower, Like you're already so good at it and so magical.
Speaker 6: But I always want to be better. And it's one of those things too, where with like a lot of things, you can only be so good at guitar and voice whatever whatever. But then after that, getting better is like a spiritual thing and a person, and it's like it's not like it's like non fiction stuff. It's like fiction stuff. You know, it's like deep into that part of you. Do you know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that band, the Dresden Dolls. Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why because the lead.
Speaker 2: Singer didn't want a tour anymore either, Like she's a parent and she just got a place here in the Hudson Valley that it's like a shop but also a house and it's basically just a living room she set up where she performs every single weekend. Wow, other super famous musician friends to just come play in this living room and it's just all like chairs from thrift stores and it is the coolest thing for artists to just be able to sing and play but not tour.
Speaker 6: Yeah about that too. I love the coffee house vibe. I've been really missing that. It's kind of used as like a beginner's launching pad, but then when on it, you miss it. Like there's some things that don't translate to like loud bars with clinking glasses and drinking. Yeah, like you know a singer named Kathleen Edwards Joy, did you ever?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: She's like an Americana folky kind of thing lives. I think ended up dating and working with Bonie Vera and then they want to Grammy at some point. Anyway, she quit, moved back home to a small town in Canada and opened up a coffee house called Quitters, and that's just where she worked now. Yes, I always thought that'd be such a good job, like she should make it a show or reacit or I just feel like that's such a beautiful concept that she moved back there and just plays there, owns it. Quitters Coffee so cool.
Speaker 2: You're going to open up ducks and raccoons.
Speaker 6: Oh my god? Can you imagine such a hit. When I first moved here, I was like, Okay, I'm going to open up a coffee house here, and I actually googled how many cups of coffee do you have to sell on average to make a coffee house work. I was like, I'll never be able to make that work.
Speaker 3: I do love that, I think, especially in a day and age where it's like the concert experience is so becoming so much more about big, giant concerts. You know, it's great to see Piance and Taylor Swift. That's fun, but there is so much that you can get out of just going to see an independent artist or somebody who's not as famous as Taylor Swift, which you know who is, but and just just sitting there and experiencing that. I feel like it's harder to get people out of their houses to go do that. But if it were more of an intimate thing like what you're talking about, where you know you're going to have that interaction much more up close, I feel like that's a super sellable experience.
Speaker 6: Maybe with the vibe is and I should look into this is doing some kind of regular performance either here or in Toronto, like a residency kind of vibe in a more accessful place, but then filming it and streaming it on like a TikTok or Instagram, you know, so people can still you know, experience it if they want. But it's fun. You know, it's in that small intimate thing that you could also show up in anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, all right, here's our next question what's the weirdest thing you keep next to your bed?
Speaker 6: Oh, good god, these are good. That is so okay, I'll tell you. Oh my god, cold heart cash, cash in the gun. Remember bedside table picture came out. It was like a diet coke, a gun and something else. I was like elon musk. It was like a picture of God.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh boo heels.
Speaker 6: Okay, so this is weird. But I sleep almost every night with an AirPod in an ear in my ear listening to like news.
Speaker 3: You don't lose it.
Speaker 6: I lose it in the middle of the night, and then I always, oh my god, I can't believe I'm saying this out loud. This is like yeah, And then I find it every night like under mirror, and then I switch it to the other one that hasn't run out of batteries, and I started again. And that's why, Yeah to the news. Yeah, it's just like and it's best if it's like BBC or something today.
Speaker 9: In Yugoslavia, it was all night and then if I wake up to p or something, I get back home back to sleep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And so the AirPod sit right there.
Speaker 3: This is why you're so you can comment on anything. I feel like, just throw you into any scenario.
Speaker 6: Even actually know everything. I don't know. I know it, even though you're like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know how educated I am on it, but I definitely know about it and I can have a conversation with you.
Speaker 2: About But I just want to know what the catalyst for it was. Like, what was the first day that Tyler Hilton was like, I'm gonna listen to the news, Like as a child, did you listen to NPR with your parents or something?
Speaker 6: No? No, but I you know, I think like my grandma, who I'm like, really sim much. She kept the TV on all night. It was like some she didn't watch it that much during the day, but had to have it on all night. There's something about that that like makes me go to sleep. I hope they don't find that those AirPods give you brain cancer because I'm in trouble. Can you imagine? But they say you'll know.
Speaker 2: An awful lot.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, which living person do you admire most?
Speaker 6: Oh? Okay, okay, okay, God, there's so many people to like go with. You know, I don't mean to be lame, but I'm gonna go with like an entertainer because I do feel like we're in such a niche and for me, it's so hard to find idols in my exact niche. You know. So although I have like a lot of great family members and stuff, I've always thought that, like, I mean, actually, well, I was gonna, you know, I was gonna say, I was gonna say Hugh Jackman. But then I you know, it's a downer because I hear he's like divorcing from his wife.
Speaker 2: But I've always thought, honey, you can still be a good person and get divorced.
Speaker 6: But I mean, I don't know, I don't know, you know, but I mean he is, you know, but like I think, like his interviews, his relationships, his talent, his like career trajectory, his like work ethic, his like morality, there's something about him that I think is like truly like I without realizing it, I like, I'm really inspired by him, you know.
Speaker 2: So, Yeah, did you see him in The Music Man? While he was doing The Music Man?
Speaker 6: No, I didn't, I didn't. Should have.
Speaker 2: He made every single person there feel like like they were catching the show where he got a little spicy because we thought it was like Gus and I the whole family went to see it for Easter, and we thought for sure, like, oh, they're improving, they're doing something like clever he and Sutton Foster, and then we went online and realized that they do it every show.
Speaker 3: He's just so good.
Speaker 2: Never in a million years think it was scripted, because he's just he's personable in a way that old movie stars were and we don't necessarily have a lot of that.
Speaker 6: He seems really open, you know, or whatever, like he's willing to give, you know, and I to be honest, I kind of get shy and introverted in some regards with like my art and things, and you know, self conscious. And he seems so like everyone that I've heard that has seen him live at his like Hollywood Bowl stuff or whatever, walked away with this feeling that you want to give. I feel like if you're like an entertainer where they're just so like, oh wow, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, that's a good one. I've heard that about him too.
Speaker 6: I don't know these things about myself till you're asking them. That's the crazy thing is you're like forcing me to like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get to know yourself better.
Speaker 2: It's free therapy today. Tyler we're providing a service. It's all right.
Speaker 3: Well it's time to get real about what you spend the most on. What is your greatest extravagance.
Speaker 6: Oh, definitely like music stuff, album stuff. I spend so much dough on anything that like if my music career was like a child, it'd be the most spoiled child. I give it. Like if I need to, like last minute be in La to doc, I'll go. If we need like twice as many string players, but there isn't a budget for we'll buy it, you know. Like I just I that's like my favorite thing to spend money on. Like we were just on vacation in this cottage and I found out there was a music store like an hour and a half away, and they had this mic that I wanted and I spent like the day like driving there to buy it. Like because they had this old pump in this cottage and I was like, I want to record this pump organ and so like these kind of things, I'll just like, I'll just spend on.
Speaker 2: You know, what's the craziest musical thing that you spent your money on that you had to have? I like that he's a little bit impulsive.
Speaker 6: I have to have one of these, guys. Okay, so this is called a baritone guitar, and it's like.
Speaker 2: Longer you say, it's really long.
Speaker 6: And so what it is is you get rid of the high string on a guitar and you add an extra low string below the eaves, just one string lower, and it just sounds kind of I mean, this is electric, but it just sounds kind of like you know what I mean. Yeah, And then they use it a lot, not for chords and stuff, but you like a you know, like those time Oh yeah, m hm.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you need a pickup truck a lift kit.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's so outlock country.
Speaker 10: M hm.
Speaker 2: That's a fun toy.
Speaker 6: Tie how they make baritone acoustics And now I really want to get one.
Speaker 2: I gotta have it, all right. Question number seven is what is your current state of mind?
Speaker 6: You guys? These are such good questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you wake up today?
Speaker 6: Feel like when the show ends and you guys have watched every episode, you literally should just keep this stuff going, like you're asking you're asking the stuff that we wish journalists or whatever, like like getting in there, well.
Speaker 2: Basically just farming for all your Internet passwords were like what was the name of your first pet and your favorite teacher?
Speaker 6: Uh? Okay, like what was it my current state of mind? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you woke up this morning, you were like, ah, this is how I feel.
Speaker 6: This is like a really good question. Okay. So here's where I'm at generally, Like in my head is I'm in this like weird transition where after my last record came out in twenty nineteen or whatever, I was going to take a couple of years off and just do the dad thing and the pandemic hit whatever, so that extended my little break. I was going to take a little longer. But now I'm like in this phase where I'm like coming out of this like two or three years and being like this feeling of like I I want to do something, you know, Like but what do I do? Who am I? Now? Everything's different, Like I have four I had a zero year old. I had nobody. Now I have a like almost four year old. Like I live in Canada, like I and I'm surprised by how many songs and stuff keep like bubbling up in me. So after I the good thing is Megan asked me to do the score for the movie. This is all leading up to where I'm at now, and then I it really broke me out of like just being in dad mode, you know, and I had to go hard into the studio once I did that, and it was like the hardest thing I've ever done, just like writing music to a movie for strings, and it was like so great. By the end of that, I was like, all I want to do is make another album. So I went right into the studio made like a whole nother album. And now I'm like it's done. The first song like just came out or whatever, and I'm like or whatever, and I'm like whatever, but I'm like now what And I'm in this like where I realize like, oh, like where does music? Where does me as Where does me as a musician fit into my life now? And I like really realize that like no matter what, if I retired, if whatever, I would still put out a record all the time. I love putting out stop and I feel like I'm in this stage right now where this feels like one of the first records that I'll I'm putting out that will be one of like hopefully one every year for the rest of my life. You know. This is just what I'm like doing now it's like my practice ers before I was like a road guy. I don't want to do that if I'm really like for probably I don't want to be road guy for like another twenty years if I can help it. Old man road guy's sick. I want to be yeah, yeah, but like for the next while, like and so it's just it's just like really wild because I'm in this stage now where like the first song just came out and other song's coming out, and it's like not any kind of like oh anticipation, what's going to happen? Things will adjust if it does well or not. No, It's like this is my new infinite game, you know. And in itself, it's like I wake up every day kind of feeling like a new person. I'm like, who am I? I have to like rebuild my identity because I'm not. I'm not there with like the fans, the hotel rooms, like so many years on the road. You know. It's like it's been and I've kind of thought this lot these last couple of years were going to be just a break, and then I go back to it and I realize, like, no, I'm I don't want to go back to that, So what what am I now? What do I do now? So it's just I'm like definitely like working that out, and it's like it's a it's cool.
Speaker 3: So changing your state of mind in that way certainly affects your relationships. And now that you're older in life and you have this retrospective perspective, what's your What do you value the most in your friends? I guess it's a quality, Like what what quality do you value most?
Speaker 6: Okay, So the quality I value most is like I like to like, I love ideas, and I love like talking a lot or whatever, and so I feel like my closest friends, I have this one guy who've been like best friends since we were like fifteen in high school and we still talk like every couple of weeks or whatever. And I love being able to just like talk about with like someone that I could just like have conversations with and and that isn't stuck in their thinking that I could be like wait is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah or maybe anything that starts with wait or maybe or those kind of conversations I love, like I could go off on that if we're in that kind of mindset of like I wonder if just those kind of things I love to like just talk so curiosity, curiosity and safety, you know. And this is another thing that's like really important to me is non selfish love. Like, especially as an entertainer. You know, there's a lot of people that like like you, but they you know, and you're giving that to them and they want that, you know. But to have somebody like dig you, dig things about you, they're not getting anything out of that's really cool, you know. Yeah and rare. Yeah, you guys are like that. I really feel like that. And we've always you know, we've we've I think as we met so young and we've been through so many things together. But there is, uh, there's that vibe, you know, but.
Speaker 2: Well there's no angle. Yeah, and I don't I feel like I I lucked out in that. I'm still friends with all my childhood friends. But Jeffrey has certainly struggled with that. I've seen my husband like just get worked by some people. And so when when he meets people, like he loves you so much. When we were on tour, you two hugging backstage.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I got.
Speaker 2: You two just love each other. Yeah, it's nice, especially for men who are not necessarily encouraged to dig deep into those feelings to find people who they can be gentle with and like that don't want anything from them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then too, guy say in inside time because it doesn't seem like worth it. You know. I think like, as a guy, you think there's things you got to get done in a day, and talking to your guy friend is not one of them. You know, it just seems like a total waste of time.
Speaker 2: Oh No, women prioritize that we cut out a whole hour of the day, like, well, this is my talk hour. Going to fix it?
Speaker 6: You literally started a podcast so you guys could do it.
Speaker 11: Maybe that's what I need to do, is just.
Speaker 6: Start a podcasting friends, just to be like check in, how's everybody?
Speaker 3: That's it? The check in?
Speaker 6: Okay, baby?
Speaker 2: On what occasion do you lie?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Dang, tell me, tell me tell me?
Speaker 6: Oh man, I try to like not to be like lame, but I like really try not to lie, only because I feel like as like a practice of like owning something honestly, you know what I mean. But that being said, you know, I'm sure I like lie all the time. Kind of vibe. But I like, I do try to go towards like truthfulness, you know.
Speaker 3: But when would it be when are you gonna? Are you what do you like? Uh? You're what kind of is it? Like like a simple social circumstance or you know, like sorry, I can't make it. I know the baby's not feeling well no to this podcast.
Speaker 6: I think like you cannot I mean, like I think hying.
Speaker 2: Uh what's the audience?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tell on you here?
Speaker 6: God, dang, this is a tough thing. How I got to get right in there.
Speaker 2: We'll know if you're lying.
Speaker 6: I think there's been a couple of times where my mother in law has come over and they a skunk had just been through the yard, and I said, yeah, yeah, I think I did see a skunk go through the yard. And I think that's what that smell is. I think that's probably liar that I lied about that. But do you know what I mean, Yeah, something smells kind of you know, And then I'm like, oh, yeah, I don't know what that is. It was a skunk, actually, I think that's something you know, she doesn't need to know how to be pro about. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, parenting's hard, Yeah, baby, I get it.
Speaker 3: Tyler, what is something you would never do again?
Speaker 6: I'll probably never run a marathon again.
Speaker 2: You ran a marathon two.
Speaker 6: I did two marathons right around, like you guys were kind of around for that. I was training for one with you guys. That's why you shaved my hand to a mohawk. Because my first marathon, I just realized, do you remember you and Sophia did that at a mall in.
Speaker 2: Like, dude, yeah, Like the mall hangs were always kind of suss. We didn't make great decisions.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I think about all the time. Thank god.
Speaker 2: No iPhones, no iPhones, no iPhones.
Speaker 6: I mean I just like we just slipped right through there, you know, And it was just like, wow, the last generation. That's a toughie. What was the question? What am I talking about?
Speaker 2: You're talking about something you'll never do again.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'll never do again.
Speaker 2: Oh you've already blocked it from your memory. That's how traumatic it was.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, do the marathon. I'll never do that again. That's right. I did like two when I was younger, just as like, I get like extreme about stuff, and I was like, oh, I'm gonna do it. And then at the end of each marathon, I had like a beer and a cigarette waiting for me, and I was like a total just young soul about it, like no care. And then I did that for the second marathon too. I barely trained. I was just all cocky, and I started getting like pains in my knees and stuff. And I thought myself, like I'd also like played football in high school or whatever, and I was like, I will never like run a marathon or do any kind of extreme sports again. My new vibe is like longevity. Oh my god, the answer is so old sounding, but you know what I mean. Where I'm like, you know, I get it. If it's a walk run, I'll do a little walking. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: What's that little prancer size? Oh yeah, that you can do where it's just a little little dance move.
Speaker 3: Why get dancey walk.
Speaker 6: Like a Florida retiree walk kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would pransercize with you, but I don't run for anything. I completely back the decisions.
Speaker 6: Your like workout vibe, like do you do like do you do workout? Do you like do ploates or something?
Speaker 2: I do chores, I vacuum, I can clean my own farm chores. Yeah, yeah, all the stuff that we pay other people to do, I just do and I'm so exhausted by the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Running is so unnatural, it is what that's a caveman stuff. You run because you're hunting something or something is chasing you.
Speaker 2: Something's chasing you.
Speaker 6: Is there nothing more privileged? Jogging slowly like just like an easy Yeah no, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't like the competition around it, right, It's like I'm gonna run faster than you. Like it just feels like, well, then why don't you just run next to me?
Speaker 3: Like we why don't we just be friends?
Speaker 6: I would rather other people win, just to take the pressure off because I don't want to feel good. Please just bea part of it.
Speaker 2: Freaks me out, I got all right, all right, all right, Uh you've already told us what you spend the most money on.
Speaker 6: But this is a little bit different.
Speaker 2: This is what is the strangest purchase you have made, or like almost made. We'll let you let you fit in almost difference.
Speaker 6: Oh you like I got, I guess the strangest thing would be And like some people are like not into this, but like I got like real into like reading all the books about bitcoin and bought some bitcoin. It's like and it's like comes with like it's literally my dirty secret because like it's so everyone like hates it and it's so dirty, but it's like weird, but I like, I am so interested in it. I got like a second computer that I loaded like Linux on, and I like learning it from the code base. Like I just like I loved it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: Why you loved it is the same reason boys like Pokemon cards.
Speaker 6: And in Rome, you know, is like the Roman Empire maneral into it. When they said that, I was like, I think about the Roman Empire almost every day. I was like, I was like, why do I think about the Roman Empire so much? But I do?
Speaker 3: Why? Why do you though.
Speaker 6: There's so many things that tie back to the Roman Empire that in the given day or week that you're just like just like the Romans. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know I thought that Bitcoin was the downfall of the Roman the Roman Empire.
Speaker 6: I wonder, I know, I mean just more as like a you know, like as at tech and something that happened, you know, I don't know politically whatever, but it was like, that's like a strange thing I bought, because I remember even when I bought like twenty bucks of it. After I was I felt like I was like, this feels so weird, Like I just couldn't stop thinking. It started because these like NFT companies were coming to me in twenty one about doing something that was so weird. Yeah. I didn't really get into NFTs and I thought like, this is like dumb, I don't I mean, you know, And then the more I looked into it, I was like, oh, this is cool. And then it just kept coming back to bitcoin, and I was like, this is so interesting.
Speaker 2: It's it's like fast.
Speaker 6: They have like a whole course on it that Harvard did you can watch on YouTube. I like watching. Yeah, It's like it's like so fascinating, just the technology that was invented to make it possible. Whether it should be legal or not, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is that also something you'd never do again? What bitcoin?
Speaker 6: No? I would for sure. I like love it.
Speaker 3: You do, You're still you're still totally like you're in it.
Speaker 6: I never sold, like I have I have it on I like, I like follow it like so much. Like I just like I'm fascinated by it. It's like so interesting.
Speaker 2: I love the difference between men and women because I have a lot of like female friends that you know, there's like classes in Ireland and Scotland about fairies, right, and they're like.
Speaker 6: Fairies are real.
Speaker 2: Fairies are real. I made up my mind they're real. And bitcoin is that For boys, They're like, yeah, it's real, this money's real. You can't see it, you can't touch it.
Speaker 6: That's the nerd trap of it is. It's so obviously. It comes across so obviously. It's like a scam that you're like, oh, like everyone everyone's like learning about it always starts and like I can't believe we're talking about this, but like, oh, that's obviously a scam. And everyone that gets into it goes for years like feeling bad for the friend that got them into it. Like this guy who I really respect tell me about whatever bitcoin for like two years, and I felt bad for him. I was like, this guy's lost his mind and it's like really a smart guy, and I feel like the pandemic must have like sent him down a rabbit hole and now we've like lost him to the world. And then a couple of my friends kept like telling me about it, and I was like, everyone's just everyone's going crazy, and it's like so sad. The world's like, you know, going to and then and then all of a sudden there's this like moment and you're like, oh my god. But anyway, it's just a hobby. It's like a it's a hobby.
Speaker 2: It's Pokemon for grown ups.
Speaker 3: I love it the curiosity in you, Tyler. I love that. Medanically, No, this is so sad, no way. Oh wait a second, wait a second, wait a second.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know the same thing with the marathon. I was like, I'll start jogging and see what happens. And I'm like, running a marathon at your life.
Speaker 3: This is so true about you, though, Tyler. You are so you were one of those people that like you commit to what you're in, to what you think, your perspective, your belief, but you are so open handed with it. You're so open to like, hey, change my mind, like if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but like like you don't wander around kind of wishy wash about anything. But the second that you realize there's a different way of looking at something, You're like, yeah, all right, great. I love that about you.
Speaker 6: No, I'm like wanted to be wrong. I like I want to be wrong because I don't ever want to be wasting time in a thought that's not I don't know, like yes, and be can can go on forever, Like if a thought or a practice something isnt something that can continue to make me happier or is actually you know, good for the world or whatever, it's like I want out of it, you know. Yeah, this is the most revealing interview I swear to god, I've ever done in my life. Like, this is so frust questionnaire because they're because they're so like, there's such embarrassing answers. I'm being like so open and there are things that I would never share with people normally. I can't believe. It's just really kudos to you guys for these like this is digging in.
Speaker 3: Okay, who are your favorite writers?
Speaker 6: Like book writers, any kind.
Speaker 3: Of writers, songwriters, poetry, I don't know, stories.
Speaker 6: The best book right now? What is? Oh my god, I'm obsessed with the guy who wrote it? Okay, the book one a Pulitzer. It's called Trust and it's written by this guy named Hernan Diaz, and I'm like, it's the I'm so obsessed with it, and now I'm gonna start I just finished it. I'm almost done with it last night. I'm gonna start it again. And By like everything he's done and it's fiction, but it's just the way he's written it is so beautiful. Yeah, trust by t it's cool because well, I mean it's actually sounds kind of boring, but it's beautiful. And I don't even mind as much what a story's about, but how it's told, you know, I don't care. Like in the first paragraph, same with the movie. I don't care what the movie's about. But when I'm starting movies, I'm playing. I just watched the first five minutes because if I'm not into it in the first minute, I know what this is. Vibe is I don't want to do this, you know. Yeah, if it's weird casting or people are trying to I'm out. I don't want to do this, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not a time waster?
Speaker 2: Where what is this? Like basic broadstrokes story of trust for the person out there? That's like, do I get this.
Speaker 6: In four parts? And like the first part it tells a story about this, like like money manager from like the thirties or something twenties who became like all fame. Then it's like the second part of the it kind of tells the same story about a guy from four different perspectives, and as it goes on it becomes this like you start to realize that it's actually not about him at all. It's about this like woman in his life.
Speaker 3: Don't everything are you giving away?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no I'm not, But like, but it's encouraging to keep reading because you'll you almost start and finish a book four times in the book, but each time you do it, you're like revealing the same story in cooler ways of those things. But by the end, I'm just like, oh man, and every time they keep revealing, it keeps just Julia Hill's.
Speaker 3: Hills and brand I think did that in a It's called We Are All the Same in the Dark I Love. I read a lot of murder mysteries and it was this was like, a this is a real novel. It's not like a cheesy murder mystery. But it's so good. She does the same thing, and I don't know that I've read many books that do that, where you keep unfolding, like you end the book and start a nube and yet it all ties together multiple times.
Speaker 6: I love that because I think that's the same thing with life. It's like really wild when you see things from I've seen. I've learned so much by being in Canada and just seeing and I don't mean this in any kind of oh, like political, just culturally. Seeing America from a different country is so interesting and I've never not been in it. I'm from southern California, like you know, a huge state in a huge country, you know what I mean, And like, I never It's like they say, like that old fish swims by the young fish. They're like, how's the water? And the two fish are like, what's water? Like I was like, what's water? You know what I mean? And then you get out of it and you're like And I love that. I love seeing things from those different perspectives, seeing the same person if you're their dad or their best friend or their lover, and the different people we are to different people. That like that blows my mind, you know anyway, I don't know we're getting off on that, but this is what I like to do.
Speaker 2: No point, no point, just listen, just spitballing with Tyler is the name of your show.
Speaker 6: Friends what I want in friendship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just spitballing. Okay, we're going to get really deep right now, this one might hurt. Oh are you ready?
Speaker 11: What is your biggest regret? I think, like probably my biggest regret. There's not a ton, but like I turned down a lot of stuff.
Speaker 6: After One Tree Hill and walk the Line because I was like laser focused on my music and and a lot of those things like blew up a lot. And I think, like I wish I'd been a little more like open to that or something like I was a little too myopic and at the time I didn't care at all, and I like don't like really, but I just think, oh, if I had made some of those decisions again, I would have been like, oh, I see it in context, Like, for instance, in during that time, there was so many sponsorships or things like that, and I was very very like principled, like do you remember on the one trial too, or like I didn't have a phone. I just had a pager, Like I was anti tech. Oh now I'm like buying bitcoin or whatever. I was anti tech. I was just wanted a pager if the label need to get a hold of me. And I was just and uh wait, what are we talking about? Why am I talking about a pager regret? A great regret? Right, So I was just like very principal and now I was like no to sponsorships, no to any kind of project that I perceived to be like not good for the world or something. And so I guess at that point I only left my music.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I was like twenty two, and I was like, this is you know, and so when things get offered to you, like, I don't want to be that. And I think, in my defense too, when you're younger and you do something, you do become that. When you're older, you don't. People don't make that you as much. But I think I like, there was a lot of things that actually would have been really fun to do that I you know, I just straight was like, no, no, that's all my vibe. You know.
Speaker 2: Back then the culture was so different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like remember what I was gonna say, just being a.
Speaker 2: Sellout was like the worst thing that you could be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now, well there wasn't any crossover back then. There wasn't. It was like if you're going to if you're going to be an actor, didn't do acting, But how could I ever become a musician. If I focus on my acting, that's crazy. I have to focus on my music. It's not like it is now where everybody's just like, give us literally every single talent that you have and put it all in the exact same place and we're going to just like run with it and you create your own empire. Back then, it was pick a lane and you stay there and.
Speaker 6: If you give too much too I felt this way as a fan, I would be oversaturated. I remember like there would be like, oh, when cold Play had like a song come out in a commercial, it was like a big like whoa, they're selling out. Nobody licensed songs to commercials. Now it's like the only way musicians make money is the license of music anyway. Weird things like that. And I also didn't expect Warner to go through this crazy thing where I didn't put out a record for ten years. So obviously hindsight's twenty twenty. But if I had to go back, I'd be like, great, like this record company's going to freeze up for like eight years a bunch of acting stuff, and I loved it at the time. I was like, no, I'm not an actor. I'm like I'm a musician, but like it's like some of the most fun I ever have is being on set. I love it. I have such a bad.
Speaker 3: When and where were you happiest?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: When you think about is it those times when you were on tour or.
Speaker 6: That's a great question.
Speaker 3: I mean I guess maybe it's now you have a baby, But like I don't know, is this more of like a before now when and where were you happiest? It could be now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I no, that's like a great question. I like I've started to realize that I love group projects and group activities. I love being on the road with people. I like being part of a team. I love I love being part of a cast. You know, it feels like a circus. You're there, you become family really quick, and then everyone leaves and something else happens. But I love that. That's like so I think when I'm working with a group, it's really fun. I felt that way also making this record, Like Jocko, who you know, we can making music together for I mean he's like, yeah, one of my best friends and we're still doing it. And so I often think, actually that my happiest place other than you know, I mean dad, But like, the happiest place is honestly being behind Jocko pacing around manically with music ideas while he's at the computer. There's something that's like, that's where it all happens. I'm just like walking around like okay, but we need a clarinet here, and like what if we do? Like and I'm just and he's like okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, Like that's my happy place. I feel like, yes. I actually told the therapist that recently. I think he was like, where are you happiest? And I was like, it's honestly pacing behind my friend Jocko as we're coming up with music. That's that's my happy place. Really.
Speaker 2: You've always been really good at collaboration, like you value what the other person is giving because you and then you make that other person feel like their input is making you better. You know, like you you share nice. You can tell that you had siblings, like you're a good sharer, Tyler Nice.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it. It's not hard because I feel like I'm learning a lot, especially from you guys. But that's cool.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, here's here's another downer. I'm getting the downers. Uh, what is something that you really.
Speaker 6: Dislike, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You don't hate technology anymore, you're fake money.
Speaker 6: Double standards.
Speaker 2: Oh my.
Speaker 6: Here is something, oh my god that makes me just like.
Speaker 2: Cringe.
Speaker 6: I don't know what it is. There's something and it's weird because there's not a lot of things that like get my whatever. But if someone just arbitrarily makes a decision because they feel like it and it's like whatever, I could lose my mind. There's just something about that, you know. Otherwise it's like all whatever, it's all good. But somebody being like purposefully I don't know, well I don't know entitled, Yeah, purposely entitled. They're like malicious or something like that really really jars me.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 6: That's something I just hate.
Speaker 3: Okay, well then what or who is the greatest love of your life?
Speaker 6: Love of my life?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're bouncing around. It's like happy sad, happy.
Speaker 6: Sad Meg Meg for sure. Well yeah, yes, great, I mean is that what you're imagine? I was like, oh, there's just actually it's actually.
Speaker 2: My mom, can you imagine.
Speaker 3: Well, some people might say their child, or some might say like a thing that they do, like a career path or something, you know, I mean, there's no judgment on any answer. We're just curious.
Speaker 6: Megan was going to pop up in the zoom and be like.
Speaker 2: Yosh, she's been listening this.
Speaker 6: You like Megan. I think like Megan has been like the great like love of my life. Honestly, like we we have been, like she's been like the through line through so many tylers, I guess, and is that kind of person that can update her thinking, you know what I mean, And as she grows and as I grow, and so much good is like come from it aside from just like love. Like we're like really good collaborators. And I think like our daughter is like the coolest person I've ever met. So I'm like, it's so crazy that like we made that, you know, So I really do think that she is, you know, I would choose her and that whole thing, like even over my music and that kind of stuff. You know, it's like it's my vibe. I'm all right without the right answer.
Speaker 2: No, she's the right one, bingo, bingo, No, But I just love that, you guys meant so young. Like literally racing to the office today to tape this, I ran into a couple that I know in town here. He's ninety one. Dick and Barber Shreiber. He's ninety one. She's like sixteen years younger, which is why she always liked me and Jeffrey because we were a similar age gap. And they are celebrating their fifty first wedding anniversary and that is just nutty to me. Unless you've been with someone since you were in your really really early twenties, you know, like you and Meg will get there. That's crazy to me.
Speaker 6: It is really really crazy. And you hear something like that too, and knowing that all the stuff that goes into whatever, even just knowing yourself, but then adding like another person in there, it's like it's a lot, you know, but it's cool.
Speaker 2: How many years has it been so far?
Speaker 6: Oh my god? Well I met, we met. We started when I was like twenty two, so like you know, and it's like, I think, in a lot of ways, like dangerous to meet that young because there's like, who know, you know, there's like so many ways that you could go. But at the same time, I guess if you can go through all that with somebody, then you'll probably able to go through whatever happens between thirty and sixty or seven or whatever, you know, ninety one ninety one. I mean I feel like we have these people say midlife crisis. But I think what every ten years or so we have like whatever that age is is hard right or hard left?
Speaker 2: You know, Well, every cell in your body changes over the course of seven years, so every seven years you are on a cellular level, a completely different human.
Speaker 6: And to think about now, like what even is marriage or why do people stay married? Or what's the point or what are you trying to do? What's the model for it? Like as long as you're living now and as like I always forget as secular the non religious one or non sen Yeah, secular is.
Speaker 3: Religious, secular is non religious, you know.
Speaker 6: So like if you're you know, in a secular kind of marriage, what's the point? And you have to kind of keep like you know or you know, the vibe. I think in a lot of ways, we're like pioneers in this day and age of like what a relationship is because there's so little to go on from the past in a lot of ways, I mean, so so few similarities. You know, those people that were married fifty years, did they have TikTok you know or whatever? Like so many things.
Speaker 2: Did they have thirst traps.
Speaker 6: That they or no, I mean or whatever the you know, just a different vibe, you know, and not that that's you know, I'm being like, you know, but it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I love it. You're you're You're such an armchair philosopher at all times. It's one of my favorite things about you.
Speaker 6: It's great. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: We know you want to be like the best singer and musician, but I'm going to make you pick something different. Which other talent would you most like to have?
Speaker 3: Oh? You know what?
Speaker 6: I love to be good at fix and shit? Oh yeah, but you knew who's not good av me? And I've like my dad's a you know, construction his whole live Like I should have that, you know. I want to be that guy. It's like I just know it. Nah, I always mess it up. I got tools. I've tried, you know, like I'm always mess it up. And I think if you could have one skill, I mean, everybody should have, like being really good at fixing sh all through out that door, gym whatever, you know, whatever the deal is, that's cool. I wish I could do that. That'd be dope.
Speaker 2: You've got the haircut for it. Right now, you could play a contractor.
Speaker 6: I look like I'd be good at construction, look like i'd be into cars and like.
Speaker 3: So this is like the probably where you're the most similar to Chris Keller, if we think about it, because he's definitely one of those guys that'd be like, I could fix that for you.
Speaker 6: Probably the most realistic overlap would be the scene where we were doing the fire in the kitchen. That probably really when Kyler started entering the chat.
Speaker 4: Hey, Drama Queen's Family. It's Sophia, and I am here to tell you about my other podcast, my first podcast, Work in Progress. My baby is back for season three, and I am so excited to share it all with you. Work in Progress really was what gave me the idea for Drama Queens in the first place. It's where I got to exercise my love of looking back at where we come from and what we've learned and where we're going together. And I am so excited that WYP is coming back for season three. We have so many exciting guests coming up. I'm talking to entertainers and authors and elected officials and celebrities and newsmakers and more, and I cannot wait for all of are drama. Queen's family to come over and get whip smart with me. Listen to Work in Progress on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I guess this would also maybe be the same answer, but you got to find something different. If you could change one thing about yourself.
Speaker 6: I'd really like to be a little more chill. Like I'm starting to realize that I'm like the things that have been like my superpower or like my like maybe like charming mannicckness or something hopefully you know.
Speaker 2: But like.
Speaker 6: I mean hopefully it's like charming or whatever. But like I think there's like this thing in me that's so and it makes things tough, you know, And I like envy people that aren't that way. And Megan's not that way, my good friend Eric's not that way. Like, you know, you find a lot of people that are opposite, but I have I would like to be able to sit still more, you know, I don't, you know, my happy place is pacing behind Jocko, you know, like that's my vibe, you know, And and I'm starting to feel that being kind of exhausted mentally not something I can necessarily do forever, and I'd love to be like chill.
Speaker 3: Have you tried marijuana?
Speaker 2: It's the skunk in the yard.
Speaker 6: Oh that's a skunk. Yeah yeah, yeh kunk.
Speaker 2: Does that?
Speaker 6: Does that?
Speaker 3: Melly you out? No?
Speaker 2: Probably just works him up. Peop like, oh man, I got all these crazy ideas about internet money. Now, Oh my god, imagine you'reanoid for the next hour. Okay, I don't think you need to be more chill, but I see what you're saying. Were you like a hyper kid? Well?
Speaker 6: Actually, and not to be whatever. I like. I think there is a thing in me that feels like the unspoken thing in the room is Tyler needs to chill out a little bit, you know what I mean. And that's actually interesting to hear you.
Speaker 3: I've never thought that once.
Speaker 6: That's funny because actually then maybe the next deeper for me is like, oh, that's something that I'm thinking like it isn't too much because truth, it's not that I can't keep it up. Sometimes I worry that, you know, I have to, Well do you.
Speaker 2: When you leave the room, You're like, God, I sucked all the oxygen out of the room. They're probably talking about how relieved they are that I'm gone, because that's my process. Anytime I leave a space, I'm like, oh, they're probably so relieved I'm gone right now because I'm hyper.
Speaker 6: Yeah maybe yeah, maybe I'm like I'm exhausted of me, so everybody else must be exhausted or whatever. But it is wild to like start to realize like, well, yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, But that's so funny. I've never once thought about that thought that about either of you. What we have that you know, we've got our own narratives that go on in our brains and they're so real to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, oh, what do you consider your greatest achievement?
Speaker 6: God, dang, that is wild. There's like two things that I'll think about, like I think, like, oh my god, I don't even know there's I think in some ways, being in Walk the Line was a huge highlight for me because of how big of an Elvis fan I was as a kid, and what like a fairy tale that happened to be and like what it taught me. It taught me so many It was my first step into the industry at all of film and television, and I learned so much and I think, like the fact that I learned that by being Elvis in this thing was like I'm starting to really believe more and more and like things being meant to be or there being signs because things are too weird, you know. And this might be why everyone gets more religious as they get older, but like you start to realize that there are some patterns that just are just weird, you know. I don't know if it's like an accomplishment, but just like a Cinderella moment for sure that I look back and back I can't believe that happened. And then a small thing is The record I put out in twenty nineteen was called City on Fire, and I thought it was like the best thing I'd like ever done musically, and I had. It's so hard to get a record done and out because it's like a move where the first eighty percent of it goes quick and it's fun, and the last twenty percent is clearing out the junk drawer and you're like, I don't know what to do with this stuff, and it takes like five days. That's how a record is. It's like all the annoying stuff's at the end. I remember when it came out, I like had this moment where I was like looked up at the sky. I was like by myself, and I was like, I am so grateful that this album is out, Like I did it, Like I wrote these songs, I put them out, and now they're out there, no matter if I die or get in the carks, whatever, they're out there forever, you know. And I did it. And there's so many things that don't get out there that like when it does get like like your book or like so many you know these it's just like, you know how hard it is to have something go for my idea to act. That's why I don't even care if it takes off or if people respond. Just having it out is such you did it. And I felt that way the last record. I was like, well that's what that's what is driving me to do. Try to do like a record a year from now on, is because it's such an important practice for me. But and it's it's like an impossibility. Every time I started, I'm like, this is impossible, this will never happen. This is too much. You know, it's a big hill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, if you were going to die and come back as a person or thing, what would it be the.
Speaker 2: Hawk, the haw No, no, what would you come back as? I think, Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I haven't really thought about it. I guess it'd be cool to like come back as a woman, just to like check that out. It would be kind of it's real cool, Tyler. I feel like it would be cool or maybe you know, but I would just like that would be a vibe more than like coming back as like a cool insect or something. But I don't know. I guess like being a I have no desire to be a check you know, this is like something I could freely do now, I guess if I wanted to, you know, But I just think it'd be cool to check it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, you should come back and try on a different set of hardware.
Speaker 6: You know. Wouldn't it be a guy again or like our dog or.
Speaker 2: Sea?
Speaker 6: Yeah, is cool. It's kind of boring, you know.
Speaker 2: Just stand there.
Speaker 6: My friend, uh, talk to a psychic or whatever. He was like, this is weird. I just talked to this psychic and they just and he's right after my grandma died. And he's like, the psychic wanted me to tell you that this guy, Tyler, his grandma's here and she says she just got here and there's not a lot going on and she's kind of bored. And I was like, that is so my grandma to say, the one that had the TV on all the time. Yeah, this guy right, And anyway, that's what it was. Say is when I think of Sequoia or something like that, I think like, oh, I think it'd be too bored. And I think they'll be like my grandma. When I eventually die. I'm sure whatever purgatory happens for a second, I'll be like, what are we doing here? Heaven? My woman? Like I talk about a podcast thing? God making the record?
Speaker 2: Hen can we get the tempo up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I get that all right. Do you have something in your life that is just so easy? I feel like we know the answer to this that you know it's exactly what you should be doing with your life so easy.
Speaker 3: It just comes so naturally, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Obviously, like you know, music or whatever, a writing. But I'm starting to realize that my skill in talking to people I don't know is really coming into handy. In Canada, it's a little more of a reserved culture, very nice, but not like a lot of people mixing, and as we're trying to make new parent friends and stuff, I'm getting right in there and just being like, what's up. How you guys do it? Like trying to find the parents and then make a friend with them, you know. And I don't think if I had done that this would be happening, because everyone's very like, oh no, no, no, I have no no after you no, please, you know, And I have to kind of get in there and and it is very easy for me too. It's harder for me to probably get like personal with people I don't know, but easy for me to be like, you know.
Speaker 2: Get the ball rolling. What are you megan looking for in your parent friends at school? Like when you're scanning the room, you're.
Speaker 6: Like, know what when you see it, there's nothing particularly just you know it when you see it, Like, I don't know there. I wish there was a pattern so I could be like, we need to select. We're just like that they have our vibe. That's our vibe.
Speaker 2: You look for the parents with the tattoos, You're like, would you get into sure?
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay? Where would you most like to live? You could pick anywhere in the world. Where would you want that to be here?
Speaker 6: Like, I like love where we are in Canada. We're like in like small farmtown kind of vibe and I love it. I mean, like if we could live like on a lake or something somewhere, be great. But the schools all seem to not be great and like you know, vacation areas. But like, yeah, I love where we are, Like we're on like a little river. We got some land hawks are out there. I think this is good for right now. You know that's great.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, Winnie is gonna come inside one day with that thing on her arm, like mom, Dad, I got a.
Speaker 6: Pet, I know, falconry or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love that so so much. All right, Uh, this is our last question, okay, and then we're gonna talk about what you have going on right now. What is your most treasured possession?
Speaker 6: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: He's looking around at guitars.
Speaker 6: I am, I know, like he was like, which guitar? That's what I was actually like, just it's.
Speaker 2: Not like my granddaddy's pocket watch.
Speaker 8: It's like, yeah, I think like this guitar would be like my most priced possession, only because guitars are like so not similar.
Speaker 6: Every single one is different. And if you get a vibe with something, don't change it. And I've had this guitar since I was like nineteen, and I just like I beat it up. I never take care of it. I treat it poorly, and it's always there for me. And I don't know why. It's one of those things where, like a lot of things in life. I hate to say this, my pattern has been when I really want to take care of something, it doesn't work. It's only when I'm just like indifferent to it that it is allowed in my presence to be its vibe. I don't know why. That's always the way it is. And this guitar face it's an example of that. Like I couldn't care less about it, and it's never left me. It's like always sounds good. And because the reason I got this guitar, this is like typical of my life. We're going to do TRL for the first time with you guys. It given me this brand new brown and orange guitar. I was so obsessed with it. I flew to New York. I took it off the plane and it had broken in half. What more TRL? So I hear this beautiful guitar is that I was obsessed with. I was going to spend my whole career just aging with broke before like my first big thing on Tario. Oh, they took me to the showroom and they gave me this lorner and I've had it now for twenty years or whatever. I mean, we're like stuff like that, Like I only have so much of a choice and then the rest of it just gets decided for me. Yeah, you know what I mean. And that was just handed to me as a loner, and it's like been my guitar forever.
Speaker 3: Like I love it.
Speaker 2: It's like the giving Tree. Like remember that Kid's book where the laber like plays with the tree and then abandons it and then chops it down and stuff, and the tree just keeps providing for him that Guitar's You're giving tree baby.
Speaker 6: That book, and I'll love you forever, no matter how long I'll be I'm like, dude, that's way too heavy right now. Like every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're really writing those books for the parents. They're like, here's a little bit of trauma for you to process while you're putting your kids sleep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, kid's already asleep and you're like crying.
Speaker 2: Talk to us about what you have going on right now though, because there's some exciting movement happening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So since that, I did that score. So the score for Megan's movie is like really like nostalgic sounding like we were going for like nineties nostalgian movies score. So lots of strings clarinets, like really and then the album that I made right after that is the same thing. So it's just like I got real into playing clarinet, and I bought a cello, and so I've been there play clarinet sixth grade six.
Speaker 3: A savant just teaches himself.
Speaker 6: Anything, you know, just like just like band or whatever. And then I asked a fan on Twitter or I asked everyone on Twitters in one of a clarinet I could have as a joke, and a fan did and they sent it to me, So I got the clarinet. Yeah, and I used it on the whole score in the album. And anyway, so the song When It Rains just came out a couple days ago, and then I'll have another song from the record come out in November, and then the whole record will drop in March, like March sixteenth or something.
Speaker 3: I love hearing you do new things. You're always doing new things, Tyler Hilton when it rains. So that's out now wherever you listen to music.
Speaker 6: The cover of it is a picture of Megan fishing when she was like nine or something. That's the single cover whatever.
Speaker 2: I thought it was Winny. I thought it was your daughter, I know.
Speaker 6: And she's almost that all.
Speaker 2: I just love it, buddy. It's really nice to hear like that. You're in this phase of your life where everything is just getting softer and more comfortable, and you know, you're just getting to ease into enjoying things as opposed to were We were all groomed to hustle and be about the hustle, and so it's really nice to see you, as a lifelong friend, be in this phase of just being comfortable.
Speaker 6: Well, I appreciate that. You know, we know the hustle has shifted to parenting, which is actually the greatest hustle I've ever yeah, I've ever been a part of. It's like you're managing a drunk psycho. I've realized all the time. But it's like that you're obsessed with you know, It's like right, it's wild, but no, I love it and I want to save all my energy for that. And you know I love talking to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love talking to you.
Speaker 2: Is going to hit you up to perform at.
Speaker 6: Every fundraiser, well we applied to It's like, you know, I play music. I ain't coming to play for the kids' you know, so yo, I.
Speaker 2: Love it all right, you guys stick around, listen to Tyler's newest song, and we will catch you very soon, manny.
Speaker 6: I love you guys, so great to see you, great to see you. Bye, guys.
Speaker 12: When it range like this guy's falling down, pouring.
Speaker 7: About h so at first, then starts to burst like a drum, cool morning. Well, sometimes I feel like one in a million, the man against the.
Speaker 12: Mess when it range it's strange.
Speaker 5: I complaining it oh, way the past when it rains in looking back corner swall suporn a time when last seemed longer, last seemed easy, and still fell liked b.
Speaker 10: Well, sometimes I feel like one in a million, a man against the mass when it arranged strange. I ain't complaining that it was way the past. When it range like its doing now, all.
Speaker 6: The sounds seem to me.
Speaker 7: To rearrange till hear your name.
Speaker 12: Man, it's calling her to me.
Speaker 13: Well, I feel lucker one a million and the mankins the mess. When it arrange strange, I complained, Let it wash.
Speaker 12: Wait the past. When it rains, it's strange, I complained, Let it wa wash ways the past stop.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queens ot.
Speaker 2: H or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time.
Speaker 3: We all about that high school drama. Girl Drama Girl, all about them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride at our comic girl Sharing for the right teams.
Speaker 4: Drama Queenslease my girl up Girl Fashion, what's your tough girl?
Speaker 1: You could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queens, Drama Queens, Drama Drama Queens Drama Queens